Aug

‘why would anybody volunteer for that job?’

CBS: George Clooney plays a presidential candidate in the political drama “The Ides of March,” but he’s not looking to be one in real life. Clooney told reporters at the Venice Film Festival on Wednesday that he has “no interest” in heading to the White House.

“As for running for president, look, there’s a guy in office right now who is smarter than almost anyone you know, who’s nicer and who has more compassion than almost anyone you know. And he’s having an almost impossible time governing. Why would anybody volunteer for that job?”

More here

***

Flashback:

April, 2006

39 Responses to “‘why would anybody volunteer for that job?’”

1. 1 collegekay
    August 31, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Thank you George! Exactly!

2. 2 tally
    August 31, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Can I haz please???

3. 6 sjterrid
    August 31, 2011 at 6:17 pm

I love this photo, and I couldn’t agree more with George. Tally you can have George as long as your willing to share.

4. August 31, 2011 at 6:21 pm

I LUUUUURRRRRVVVVE George Clooney!!!!! ……. see that Matt? that’s class, smarts and style in action. So FRACK OFF. With Clooney in our corner, we don’t need you and your washed up, dried out ass :?

5. 14 Judy Fardig
    August 31, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Double the eye candy and the smarts!!

6. August 31, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Mr. Clooney should call up Mr Burton.

7. 18 Me4obama
    August 31, 2011 at 6:28 pm

I will let you girls have George Cloney for tonight because am not in the mood of man crushes at this time, am only boiling inside I can’t contain my anger towards Rusty and am running out of words to tweet. I have never felt like this since the release of the Birth certificate. So mad right now. Anyway I will say hi, to George some other time.

• 19 HZ
      August 31, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Me4obama, we understand, but take care now. Do not let them get us now. They are just getting started. Ok. Be calm and take care of you for now. Ok. HZ

August 31, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Not to worry, Me:) Every time they open their collective mouths, the juvenile disgusting behavior comes pouring out for all to see…I have a feeling that we may have to thank Mr. Boner and his pack of certifiable loons come next Nov. Mark my words….keep this up, and maybe they can make the entire party irrelevant for generations. F them all.
      As far as George is concerned…my entire family knows, including my husband, that I would climb K2 to get to that guy:) He does for me what the President does…the perfect mix of brains, killer humor, and class. Nothing better!

8. 21 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    August 31, 2011 at 6:32 pm

BEAUTIFUL AND OH SO TRUE WORDS FROM MR. GEORGE ‘EYE CANDY!’

August 31, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Truer words have never been said.

ps: Hubba hubba Mr. Hottie! ;)

10. 23 P
    August 31, 2011 at 6:39 pm

:D two sexy, intelligent men in one photo!!!!!! :P I see paradise….***yummy*** Intelligent, kind hearted men are the best!!!! :)

11. August 31, 2011 at 6:40 pm

I agree with you Me4Obama. This is a guy who has seen racism all his life including as a kid in indonesia and Hawii and nobody wants to give him a break. I hope the boehner sleeps well at night.
    I am frigging boiling because I know O will change the date to accomodate the speaker not because he is weak but is polite to a fault.

• 25 Dakota
      August 31, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Bonehead passes out every night…but don’t think he drinks so he can live with himself. These people have no heart, no soul, and therefore no concience. They are for sale to the highest bidder. You can’t appeal to them on any real human level, so we just have stomp their asses into the ground at their every slimy move and at every election.

• 26 majii
      August 31, 2011 at 8:38 pm

And, because it makes him look like the only adult in the room, zulu!!

12. 27 HZ
    August 31, 2011 at 6:40 pm

We need more decent and true comments like these coming from George. Yes, sweet and beautiful brains to watch.HZ

• 28 HZ
      August 31, 2011 at 7:08 pm

These decent and true comments that George Clooney stated in that interview, we need more like these coming from so many other also. I respect Mr. Clooney and of course total respect for my President, Barack Obama. And heck ,oh heck yes both of the men are fineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Just stating alovely and respectful fact, Mr. President and Mr. Clooney.HZ

13. 29 mb32
    August 31, 2011 at 6:56 pm

In your face Matt Damon! LOL I love George…

14. 30 Dakota
    August 31, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Love me some George C. also!

15. 31 Fred
    August 31, 2011 at 7:13 pm

choke on that Matt Damon ;)

I am going to leave you lovely people for today.Fatigue and pain are setting in :roll:

have a good night and if you say a prayer tonight;make it a tad longer and ask for calm for us as we are angry and guidance;patience;good health and calm for the President

thank you again for the kind words and concern.I really appreciate it

16. August 31, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Fred, take care of yourself and do not let the GOP get to you. As per civil rights activists ” we shall overcome”.

17. 34 Sue in Minnesota
    August 31, 2011 at 7:21 pm

I’m late to this post after all the anger I felt towards Boehner and the Republicans….Mr.Clooney’s
    (second most delicious man on the planet) thoughtful remarks have made me cry. Who else will stand up?

• 35 HZ
      August 31, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Fred, please get some rest now. Please. You come first, remember. I know how you feel because I am the same way, so I do not say those words lightly. We all are so involved in every direction because we believe in this President and we love helping people, so we do get upset. But then we must take the time to rest and do what we need to help in our healing within our bodies, when we do get upset. I had to do it this morning. So get a cup of tea or whatever you love to relax with and take you medication and rest. Okay. I will continue to pray for your needs to be met. Do not give up. My candles will burn with love coming your way. I love you back as well, Fred. HZ

18. August 31, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Hello Everyone the problem with Rusty is alcohol eats holes in brain cells and when you have the Weasel Cantor biting at your heels you do dumb a** things.To refuse the President of the United States has never been done before.And that fool really thinks that WE THE PEOPLE are stupid as the rest of the GREED OVER PEOPLE PARTY ,HELL NO WE ARE NOT and we do not forget ONE NOVEMBER DAY IN ABOUT 434 DAYS,62 WEEKS And 10,416 HOURS .WE will put a lot of them on the UNEMPLOYMENT LINE, YES WE CAN AND YES WE WILL!!

19. 37 Chi
    September 1, 2011 at 6:13 am

I thank you George Clooney, you are a good man.

20. 38 Sheila R.
    September 1, 2011 at 10:13 am

Thank you, George, for your words of wisdom. He’s absolutely correct.

21. 39 Jalenth
    September 1, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Does anybody knows were we are now on Darfur? This tape was in 2006 when then Senator Obama was working on this issue. I know George has met with the president about this issue and he has spoken about progress this president has made toward Darfur, but what’s the latest?

RSS OFA