Okay, finally: about Friday. You know, when things got a little heated around here.
Just to clear up a bunch of stuff:
* No, this place hasn’t turned in to Huffy Firebagger Kos, as some of you suggested. It will always be a blog for those smart enough to support President Obama and his efforts in the face of all that poison from the right and their buddies on the ‘left’.
* Fire/Teabagger bile is blocked here, and I do my best to weed out trolls.
* With that in mind, I’m asking you all – very, very politely – to trust that the people who post here regularly, and who sometimes express their frustrations over different issues (as some did on Friday), are not Fire/Teabaggers, and don’t ever deserve to be branded with that slur.
* Some seriously good people were abused here on Friday, and accused of all sorts (the worst of which I deleted), simply for sharing their frustrations – some of which, for what it’s worth, I share too. That was ugly, and wrong.
* I know, most of you want this place to remain an upbeat refuge, it’s why you come here, and that’s largely what it will remain – but we can handle debate, we’re not Fire/Teabagger sheeple who bow to their ringleaders’ absolute opposition to the President and never dissent from that line, no matter what. We’re way smarter than that.
* So, debate will always be welcome here, and if that debate gets passionate and contentious at times, well, that’s good – and it’s healthy.
* By all means, argue back if you don’t agree with those expressing frustration – but attack the message, not the messenger, okay?
* No, Firebagger memes aren’t welcome here, because they’re just hate-fueled baseless spite, but the views of supporters of the President who reckon the administration could do a whole lot better in boosting his hopes of re-election will always be welcome. Some of you feel disagreement among the President’s supporters gives encouragement to his opponents – I’d argue that it does the opposite, because it shows we’re capable of debate, unlike the mindless sheeple. And nothing scares the poor old Fire/Teabagger sheeple more than freedom of thought …. for them, it’s a terrifying and alien concept.
* What I’m asking you all, more than anything, is to ‘disagree without being disagreeable’, as the man said. I gave up posting on a bunch of sites, now overrun by Firebaggers, simply because of the levels of venomous abuse thrown at people for expressing their honest views. I won’t allow that happen here.
* I’m not in to rules, at all, but I’m going to set one now: Nastiness towards fellow posters is not acceptable here, ever.
* Call me old-fashioned, but I’m just asking for some civility.
We can do that, right?
Thanks for hearing me out, love ya all.