Sep

gotham hall

First Lady Michelle Obama introduces President Barack Obama at a DNC fundraiser at Gotham Hall, September 20

“This is like our date night,” Michelle Obama said. She thanked organizers for the “intimate” 400-person dinner, at which singer Alicia Keys performed for donors who anted up at least $2,500 each. “Who knows what will happen?”

The first lady said people often ask her if the presidency is taking a toll on her husband. “The only difference I can think of is the salt is starting to catch up with the pepper” in his hair, she said. “I think it’s quite sexy.”

As she spoke about meeting her husband decades ago in Chicago, she said: “That’s the same man who won me over all those nights ago.”

When President Obama himself took the stage later, he declared that he was “in a New York state of mind” but he also seemed to be in an affectionate state of mind.

“She’s not bad. Do you notice how she’s getting cuter,” Obama said. “She is remarkable.”

He called the event “the closest we get to a date,” though he said could perhaps arrange a real date “in about 14 months.”

“This is not my idea of a date night,” he added later. “Normally our dates don’t end with me being before 400 of our closest friends.

Wow, that tweet must have hurt for Mark Knoller to type :lol:

President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama walk off stage after attending a DNC fundraiser at Gotham Hall

192 Responses to “gotham hall”

1. 1 nintendowii10
    September 20, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Just found this video on a rap website. a rapper made a song about the Troy Davis case:

• September 20, 2011 at 8:05 pm

You know nintendowii10, I was so utterly depressed by today’s news I couldn’t even bear to post about it. I’m just at a loss to understand the decision, they must know they are about to execute a man who is more than probably innocent. I just don’t know what to say.

• 3 Margaret Rose
      September 20, 2011 at 9:05 pm

My heart is so heavy. Beautiful letter from NAACP about it tonight, asking us to fast and pray tomorrow night, or talk about it with family and friends.

• 4 Kishia Warner
      September 21, 2011 at 4:23 am

wow!!! where is the justice!!!

2. 5 dotster3
    September 20, 2011 at 8:04 pm

I see Alicia Keys will be performing at the fundraiser tonight—-nice!

3. September 20, 2011 at 8:05 pm

On MSNBC, Jonathan Alter — the author of a more sympathetic book on Obama’s first year than Ron Suskind’s — offers a different theory of the White House:

ANCHOR: What about the claim he makes about Peter Orzag and Larry Summers saying they were “home alone” in the White House. As if the president was disengaged.

ALTER: I heard that “home alone” when I was reporting and talking to many of the same people and they said they couldn’t get anybody from the Treasury Department and the key policymakers confirmed. It was three or four people trying to prevent a depression and felt like they were home alone in the book. The context of it is Obama was not up to the job and they longed for Bill Clinton. I have a whole chapter in my book where I talked to all the former Clinton people who now work for Obama. I asked them all, compare Clinton and Obama.

ANCHOR: They said?

ALTER: They gave a sophisticated answer. They thought Clinton was more creative and his policymaking, but they prefer to a person Obama in a crisis, which was what they were in. He was decisive and making as many decisions in a week as Bill Clinton made in a year, and making the decisions crisply. The idea that somehow all the former Clinton officials working for Obama were longing for Bill Clinton because they had this inexperienced president who didn’t know what he was doing is not what they were saying at the time. I was talking to not just a few, but pretty much all of the former Clinton people in the White House at high and mid-levels.

September 20, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Well, thank you, Jonathan Alter – for stepping up – and thanks for finding this, Jovie.

September 20, 2011 at 8:20 pm

I think you can guess what I think of that book which is out now. I don’t plan on reading, it belong in the trash with the writer and all the other garbage.

September 20, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Exactly. Hope it dies a quick death.

September 20, 2011 at 10:22 pm

And it will, because right now folks just aren’t in the mood for some insanely rich former Wall St. Journalist peddling his latest gossip book while the country is suffering and people need jobs – when the one person working on their behalf is President Obama, not Suskind.

• September 20, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Thanks for Jonathan Alter. I have always liked him. He is credible.

September 20, 2011 at 8:32 pm

From the article:

David Jones, head of consulting firm DMJ Advisors and the author of four books on the Federal Reserve, said he cannot remember another time when members of Congress had made such a direct approach to the Fed in the week that the central bank was meeting.
      “It is inappropriate for politicians to try to exert this kind of influence,” said Jones. He said it would make the Fed’s job of managing interest rates tougher because financial markets will become concerned about whether the central bank could be unduly influenced by political pressure.

My take: The Republicans know nothing about the Federal Reserve, or how to deal with it; hence, their attempts to influence it. And yet if President Obama sent a letter, they’d say he was adversely impacting Wall Street and those nervous nellies. Unbelievable. Hands off the Federal Reserve!

September 20, 2011 at 8:34 pm

This part of the article is telling; Rs paying back Bernanke for taking them to task:

The comments from GOP leaders also come after Bernanke suggested Republicans in Congress should support efforts to help the economy, rather than focusing solely on deficit cutting.

• September 20, 2011 at 8:54 pm

I ahve never seen the GOP this desparate. Guys why are they afraid of Obama so much that there is voter restriction, massive public employee purge In GOP govened states. I have never seen this before.
        zindy

• September 20, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Zulu, because once the president hit the road and start “truth telliin with no apologies” as my grandma would say, all bets are off!

• September 20, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Sometimes I think they’re desperate, but only in service to their long-range vision. This is what they want America to look like. It’s not a fluke. It’s their fundamental philosophy.

• 24 Bobfr
      September 21, 2011 at 1:34 am

Our4thEstate Bobfr
      #GOPFAIL #GOPDESPERATION bit.ly/pweb8R They so don’t want the Fed to help the economy. #SomeDareCallItTreason – as do I.

#YesWeCanDOMoreTogether

4. September 20, 2011 at 8:09 pm

The fundraiser is only Pool reporters!

5. September 20, 2011 at 8:17 pm

“The Obamas at Gotham Hall.” Sounds like a scene in Batman.

6. September 20, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Larry odonell panders more than anyone, to the far, far left! He is interviewing Nader!

Come off of it!

September 20, 2011 at 8:20 pm

What is Nader saying?

• September 20, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Primary, corporatist,wars,bush tax cuts blah blah blah!

Change channel for me!

• 34 Me4obama
          September 20, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Nader is not on yet. Am going to watch so I can blast Larry on twitter after the interview.

• September 20, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Same talking points for all if them. Let me know how it went?

September 20, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Some things you should know about Nader which should make us seriously question his true motives and agenda:

1. He has never talked about running in a primary or as a 3rd party for a congressional seat – yet it’s congress that enacts legislation. He always seems to want to run during Presidential elections, always from the left…WHY?

2. He is primarily funded by Republicans – why is that?

3. He has had nothing but praise for Sarah Palin – saying he admires her populism? Sarah-populist? Really?

4. He pre-emptively called the President an Uncle Tom on Fox News the same night PBO was elected. He could have said “corporatist” or “oligarch” but he went with the term “Uncle Tom.”

• 37 nintendowii10
              September 20, 2011 at 8:58 pm

And of course, the Naderites were upset that Shep Smith kicked his ass and exposed him for the coward swine that he is.

To me, Ralph Nader is leagues worse than John McCain. FWIW, at least McCain has had experience in Washington, Nader being around the same age as McCain, has virtually no clue about how Washington truly works. His only claim to fame is being a consumer advocate, and that’s not enough to get you elected dog catcher, let alone President of the United States.

• 38 TrumpDog
                September 21, 2011 at 3:14 am

Nader doesn’t do SHIT for four years and then crawls from the woodwork pretending to be a progressive that cares for the poor. He’s such a damn fake.
                I still blame largely that asshole for Bush being selected in 2000. Nader is a spoiler who is not serious about winning. He does this every four years yet people are still foolish enough to take him seriously.

And his reasons for wanting to primary the president made absolutely NO sense.

• 39 Obama Grandmama
            September 20, 2011 at 9:49 pm

LO took a question that was tweeted in asking why Nader wants to continually give the GOP the election? Nader argued against that viewpoint. I thought it reminded people of his taking votes from Gore which is a good thing to do as it might give someone pause that might agree with Nader.

• 40 JoJothecat
          September 20, 2011 at 9:29 pm

I muted the sound then just changed the channel because I could not stand looking at Nadar’s racist face.

• September 20, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Yes, I saw that. Think I’ll turn to the Bill Cosby show while that Prince of Darkness Nader is being interviewed. My stomach won’t be able to survive it.

September 20, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Is he giving him what-for?

• 43 virginia
      September 20, 2011 at 9:35 pm

I accidentally landed on Martin Bashir today, and he had CORNELL WESTG on!!! Some of these folks will scrap the bottom of the barrell to disparage this President.

• 44 Mel
      September 20, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Jovie I do not think so pondering to the far, far left he did that so people can take a look at this crazy man
      president want to be Nadare looks like an IDIOTA insana all blah, blah, blah No one will ever take this man
      seriously even the far left I hope this is NOT 2000 we are smarter than that.

7. 45 carolrptr
    September 20, 2011 at 8:22 pm

UGGG! Lawrence O’Donnell is interviewing that SNAKE Ralph Nader (and I just ate my dinner not too long ago). I think I’ll turn over to the Cosby Show during that interview because I might not make it to the bathroom in time to barf.

On a much more happier note, isn’t it great that Elizabeth Warren is leading Scott Brown in Massachusetts? Now, hopefully, she will be able to raise lots of money (I will be happy to contribute) so she can beat Wall Street-owned Scott Brown.

I have always enjoyed Elizabeth Warren’s interviews on TV, and she will be a great asset to the U.S. Senate.

September 20, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Here’s a link for the Linkedin Townhall with PBO. It’s called “Putting America Back to Work.”

9. 53 ChristiMtl
    September 20, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Yeaaa, LO said that he asked for questions on twitter for Ralph Nader and that he never received such negative response for a guest.

September 20, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Hack Howard Fineman is at it again…He has then nerve to say on the LO’D show that Elizabeth Warren’s successful polling against Scott Brown is PBO’s failure…WTF? When Scott Brown (R) won the seat, it was PBO’s failure, and now Scott’s opponent Warren (D) appears to be pulling ahead, it’s also a failure for PBO? This is laughable, although disturbing on so many levels…SHEESH!!

Mr. Fineman is disgusting filthy scum. I’m sorry but that’s what he is.

• 55 ChristiMtl
      September 20, 2011 at 8:37 pm

I agree with you big time!!!

• 56 nintendowii10
      September 20, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Coward Fineman is more of the DC insiders that folks are tuning off, because they rail in consistent negativity with zero substance. Instead of talking about how President Obama has once again taken the Republicans cake and eaten it too, Coward Fineman finds another issue to blame on President Obama with the Warren-Brown race.

Coward Fineman just wants to hear himself talk, just like the rest of the emoprog left blowhards. He needs to be soundly ignored.

• September 20, 2011 at 8:45 pm

This statement from Fineman does not make any sense.

• 58 virginia
        September 20, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Exactly what I was going to say. I’ve read it over and over again–exactly WHAT is he trying to say? HHe has never had one positive thing to say about the President. HP made a real telling statement when they hhired Fineman.

• September 20, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Hmmmmm. That’s not how I heard it. I’m no Howard Fineman fan, but I don’t think that’s the point he was making…

11. 61 Me4obama
    September 20, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Lawrence has just said he has NEVER received NEGATIVE comments on Twitter like the ones he got when he asked people to submit their questions regarding the NADER interview. Am proud to say I was one of them who blasted Nader and called him all kinds of names when I tweeted Larry today.

September 20, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Yee-haw!

• September 20, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Nader is like the crazy uncle living in the basement who’s an embarassment to the whole family. Nobody ever knows what off-the-wall hogwash he’s going to blurt out next.

September 20, 2011 at 8:44 pm

I wish he were like the crazy uncle! This guy is not only dangerous for our democracy, he’s purposeful…he is a Repub enabler (has been funded largely by Republican donors over the years) and has racist leanings, refering to President OBama as a potential “Uncle Tom” the very night he was elected!!

• 65 nintendowii10
          September 20, 2011 at 8:48 pm

And the fact that Russ Feingold has come out against these shenanigans should speak volumes to the emoprogs.

As much as I disagreed with many of Russ Feingold’s political leanings, he’s an intelligent man and knows there’s nothing to be gained from betting against the President. Corny West and Ralph Nader just want the attention, and of course the right want to pull another Operation Chaos since they are essentially acknowledging their own field of candidates sucks.

September 20, 2011 at 9:44 pm

I hadn’t caught what Russ Feingold was saying, but found this on HuffPo (so I won’t link):

“I strongly disagree with Ralph Nader. As I’ve said many times before, I believe that re-electing President Obama is an absolute imperative for our economy, our judicial system, for progressives and for our country … President Obama took office in a time of historic challenge for the country. He passed the Recovery Act to bring our economy back from the brink, implemented historic health insurance reform to make health care more affordable and accessible, repealed the discriminatory Don’t Ask Don’t Tell policy, and rejected the conventional wisdom in Washington to offer a life-saving loan to the auto industry, saving 1.4 million jobs … Now, facing Republican candidates that are bought-and-sold by corporate money, and who want to give more tax breaks to the wealthiest and attack the rights of working Americans, the President is fighting to create jobs and provide economic security for middle class families. 2012 will be a close and competitive election, and in an environment after the lawless Citizens United decision, where corporate special interests will be out there fighting for Mitt Romney and Rick Perry, progressives must unite to ensure that the President is reelected.”

• 67 theo67
              September 20, 2011 at 11:14 pm

This was an excellent statement from Russ Feingold – and I haven’t been a supporter of Russ Feingold since he voted “no” for many key initiatives during the 111th Congress, and ran away from President Obama during the 2010 election. This statement makes up for a lot.

• 69 nathkatun7
              September 21, 2011 at 12:19 am

Thanks for sharing Sen. Feingold’s excellent statement. This is exactly the way wise and mature people should operate!

• September 21, 2011 at 6:10 am

Oh thank you Russ Feingold. I have found it hard to dislike Russ Feingold because despite his sometimes inexplicable votes he did comment on the obstruction Pres. Obama was facing LONG before it became this bad. I’m too lazy to find the quote now but It gave me comfort to know that he saw what was going on.

• September 20, 2011 at 8:46 pm

ROTFLMBO carolrptr.

September 20, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Great. That should sound some warning bells for Nader and Prophet/Brother/Dr/Professor West.

The people are saying BACK OFF! We already have our candidate and his name is BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, not RALPH SNAKE NADER or CORNELL SNOTTY WEST.

12. September 20, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Obama’s drilling chief snubs Rep. Landry after ‘Gestapo’ remark
    By Ben Geman – 09/20/11 06:16 PM ET
    The Obama administration’s offshore drilling chief has rescinded an offer to have Interior Department personnel meet with Rep. Jeff Landry (R-La.) after he accused his agency of behaving like the Gestapo.

“In light of your defamatory remarks, our Gulf of Mexico Regional Office has asked me to advise you that its personnel will not be available to meet with you on Sept. 30, as previously arranged,” wrote Michael Bromwich, director of the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement (BOEMRE), in a letter to Landry Monday.

Derrrrr!

13. September 20, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Former Rep. Robert Wexler, a prominent backer of President Obama’s Israel policies, told POLITICO today that while Hamas would “cheer” Governor Rick Perry’s threats to defund the Palestinian Authority, Israelis would “pay in blood.”

“The policies that Governor Perry is advocating are so far out of the mainstream, and would result in so much damage to the state of Israel, that for him Israel must be an ideology or a religious obsession, without a care about the safety and security of the seven million israelis who actually live there and the brave soldiers of the IDF,” he said. Wexler said he was concerned, particularly, about Republican threats to defund the Palestinian Authority, and the resulting prospect that the PA’s security forces could collapse.

“If we actually did what Governor Perry advocates, Hamas would benefit greatly an the Israeli people would pay in blood, as would the Palestinian people,” he said.

Wexler also suggested that Perry doesn’t fully understand the issue, noting that Perry’s conditions for peace — direct negotiations, a Hamas renunciation of terrorism, and the recognition of a Jewish State — are policies Obama supports during a week in which the Administration is aligned with Israel at the United Nations. (Perry seemed to cast these as conditions for peace; Obama has made them policy goals.)

“I wonder if he read his own speech before he started talking,” Wexler said.

Wexler, a Florida Democrat who now heads the non-partisan S. Daniel Abraham Center for Middle East Peace, also said his presence this week on an Obama campaign conference call later today doesn’t compromise his non-partisan, non-profit status. He will do the call “on my own time,” he said, and would be happy to participate on a call on the subject for the Romney campaign in the unlikely event they asked him.

Posted by Ben Smith 02:15 PM

• 77 Me4obama
      September 20, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Good I like Robert Wexler he is a strong PBO supporter. Am dreading tomorrow knowing Netanyahu is going to be on all television with his Ego. I loathe that man I can’t stand him and I can’t hide it. I wonder when we will get a new Prime Minister in Israel.

• 78 virginia
      September 20, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Not only did Pedrry not read OR write his speech, he didn’t Understand it either. He is dangerous.

14. 79 Me4obama
    September 20, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Nader has just accused me of NOT thinking by using 140 characters on Twitter to ask him questions on Lawrence. That really hurt me.

• September 20, 2011 at 8:48 pm

:lol:

Frankly, a single character from that crank would be a single character too much.

• 82 nintendowii10
      September 20, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Nader once again proves how thin skinned he truly is. If he can’t the heat outside of Washington, then what does it say about him if he were in the Oval Office?

Just another self serving blowhard who needs to be soundly ignored.

September 20, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Here’s my opinion of men like Ralph Nader, they use to command the spotlight, now people hardly give him the time of day. So now he must do whatever he can to get attention. Nader knew when he ran for President he was not going to win, but he seek the attention. Now here he is again, and the media gives him his fifteen minutes of fame. In his day, Nader did some good, but now he is just plain pitiful.

15. September 20, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Senate confirms 99th and 100th Obama judicial nominees
    By Josiah Ryan – 09/20/11 05:49 PM ET
    The Senate on Tuesday afternoon confirmed the 99th and 100th Obama judicial nominees this year keeping a pace which ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) celebrated as faster than previous years.

The Senate confirmed Timothy M. Cain, 99 to 0, to serve on the district court in South Carolina after receiving a ringing endorsement from his senator and former law firm partner Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.)

“You will not find one person who has practiced before Cain as a lawyer who has anything but high praise for him,” said Graham. “He is the total package.”

The Senate also confirmed John Andrew Ross to the district court in the Eastern District of Missouri.

Prior to the vote Grassley touted the pace of the Senate in confirming Obama’s nominees as faster than previous Congresses including those controlled by Democrats when President Bush held the White House.

But Sen. Pat Leahy (D-Vt.), who is the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, complained that Republicans were still miring progress of democratic nominees.

The nominees have “been pending for 170 days without justification,” said Leahy, prior to the vote.

16. September 20, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Great pic of the Prez! He’s totally in his element and he’s looking good. :mrgreen:

17. September 20, 2011 at 8:54 pm

A man climbed over the White House fence near its western entrance gate and ran toward the presidential residence Tuesday evening before he was apprehended by uniformed Secret Service officers, authorities said.

No one was injured, said Max Milien, a spokesman for the Secret Service. The man’s name was not released.

The man carried a backpack as he clambered over the fence, then ran with his arms outstretched directly toward officers who ordered him to the ground with their weapons drawn. The backpack was later deemed to be safe, Milien said.

The episode occurred around 6:35 p.m. as tourists and passers-by walked on Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House. Officers immediately evacuated the avenue and Lafayette Square across from the White House.

AP-

18. 93 donna dem 4 obama
    September 20, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Boy do I love VP Biden…

Vice-President Joe Biden stopped in Chicago Tuesday night to rally the troops at the presidential re-election headquarters, then he hit two fund-raisers expected to bring in $250,000 to $500,000.

The president and first lady were in New York also raising money for the re-election effort.

“When the president spoke yesterday, he didn’t ask for anything crazy,” Biden said.

By contrast, Biden said it was Republicans who were blocking compromise for political gain:

“Pete Sessions, the head of the [Republican] re-elect committee, a congressman from Texas, said, ‘Why should we bail out Barack Obama? His back is against the wall. All it can do its help him.,’” Biden told the crowd. “It’s a simple answer: America. America. Our economy. These guys are playing a different game than the president’s playing. And we are no longer playing.”

September 20, 2011 at 9:15 pm

donna dem 4 obama, I think alot of our VP too, and his wife Jill. This is what these jackasses like Sessions don’t get. It’s not about the President winning, it’s about the American people winning. The people who are suffering, who needs jobs, who want to feed their family, put a roof over their head. The Republicans don’t care about the middle class and the working poor. It is ashame that that is all they are concern about , defeating this President. I hope the American people will see who is truly on their side, who is fighting for them, and that is President Obama.

• 96 COS
      September 20, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Don’t get angry, but I was watching David Schuster sitting in for KO interview this guy this evening, and he said that people in the White House are definitely going to continue calling the Repugs out. They realize that they are going to have to get people to see the difference in what the Dems and the GOP are offering to win this election. I sure wish that I could have seen VP Biden speak. I love to hear him.

19. September 20, 2011 at 9:05 pm

i was saddened to read this today of all days with DADT has been laid to rest. damn I remember the bullies from middle/high school, and yeah they were dicks, but at the very least, once you left school, the bullies couldn’t torment you while you were at home…at least. Today’s bullies have the added benefit of the internet, so not only can they bully the poor kids for 8-10 hours at school, but the bullied kids don’t even have the luxury of NOT being bullied while away from school just enjoying their damn time surfin’ the net…

‘What do I have to do so people will listen to me?’ Boy, 14, kills himself after being bullied and thanks Lady Gaga in last post

Damn, most schools have a no-bullying policy, but how can you stop bullies from stalking their prey on the internet…ya can’t.

Poor kid.

20. 102 donna dem 4 obama
    September 20, 2011 at 9:09 pm

from the pool report: “Michelle Obama drew bursts of applause and a standing ovation in a speech that was as much an endorsement of her husband’s accomplishments as a rallying cry to the Democratic Party’s troops.

“Are you in?” she asked at the end of a 20-minute address to 400 mostly female supporters in Manhattan. “Are you ready for work? We all have to be fired up and ready to go.”

21. September 20, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Rachel Maddow just said that Dan Choi said he will re-enlist, but I hate to say that he may not pass the psyche test.

• 106 maritza
      September 20, 2011 at 9:15 pm

bjw2, Dan Choi is a motherf–ker and should go to hell with his shoes on.

September 20, 2011 at 9:18 pm

maritza, i don’t think Hell even want Dan Choi.

September 20, 2011 at 9:19 pm

At least, if he re-enlists, he won’t be able to (a) be on her show; (b) bash his Commander in Chief. So, if he gets back in, it would keep him all wrapped up and would be a good thing. Kind of like when PBO sent Jon Huntsman to China. (I’m devious.)

• September 20, 2011 at 9:33 pm

I seriously don’t think his mental state is on a even keel, and if he’s denied entry back into the service, he will once again blame PBO.
        I think after his stunt at the nutroots convention, there are many who’ve come to the same conclusion.

• September 20, 2011 at 9:39 pm

But why with his shoes on? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 111 COS
      September 20, 2011 at 9:22 pm

I was thinking the same thing. He has really burnt a lot of bridges. I think he needs therapy. I don’t mean this is a derogatory manner.

22. 112 meabloom
    September 20, 2011 at 9:14 pm

AP has photos! Although I am sure you know that Chips.

Obama/Biden2012

September 20, 2011 at 9:16 pm

HeeHeeHee. That was fun. Paul Begala welcomed Ari Fleischer to CNN via Twitter. I replied that was “one of the worst hires CNN has made in quite a while.”

24. 117 anniebella
    September 20, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I love that picture of POTUS and FLOTUS. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. September 20, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Check out the new photos in the post ;-)

September 20, 2011 at 9:28 pm

OKAY folks, I am not a fan of CNN but I was alerted to a segment on the Piers Morgan show in which the former Israeli Prime Minister was being interviewed. Morgan tried to push the MSM and Rick Perry’s talking points about PBO being bad for Israel. I guess he wasn’t expecting this, but the Prime Minister had nothing but praise for the President and said that PBO has done much more for Israel than any other US President!!

I am going to see if I can get a piece of video on this. The MSM will try to bury it as quickly as possible but we won’t let them get away with it!

27. September 20, 2011 at 9:28 pm

our First Couple is stunning!

28. 129 Me4obama
    September 20, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Hooooollllllyyyyyyyy. Love is in the AIR. Get a room already.

September 20, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Okay, I can see why prophet/brother/Dr./Professor Cornel West and Tavis are so insanely jealous…

30. 140 zizi
    September 20, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Pres Obama tells fundraiser “the only class warfare I’ve seen – is war against middle class folks in this country.”

September 20, 2011 at 10:32 pm

zizi, that is a great line, I hope the President use it again and again. The only class warfare he sees is the war against the middle class folks in this country.

31. 142 Doris
    September 20, 2011 at 9:36 pm

It’s Barack Obama’s lady!!

32. September 20, 2011 at 9:39 pm

I hate to do it but read what the Obamas said to each other over at Politico http://www.politico.com/politico44/

• September 20, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Oh that was so cute!

• 146 meabloom
      September 20, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Aww, that was soooOOOooo cute. I smile the entire time while reading it. Thanks for sharing!

• 147 donna dem 4 obama
      September 20, 2011 at 9:46 pm

The two of them are soooo cute. I just love their passion for life and each other.

• September 20, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Anybody care to copy and paste? :lol:

• 149 donna dem 4 obama
        September 20, 2011 at 9:48 pm

DATE NIGHT: The Obamas sounded frisky at a Gotham Hall fundraiser Tuesday night in New YOrk City.

“Who knows what will happen?” she said ambiguously.

The first lady said people often ask her if the presidency is taking a toll on her husband. “The only difference I can think of is the salt is starting to catch up with the pepper” in his hair, Michelle Obama said. “I think it’s quite sexy.”

- Josh Gerstein

• September 20, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Thank you aamom! I cut out the Politico snark and added it to the post – thanks again! ;)

33. September 20, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Finally I got to see my FLOTUS and POTUS, and they never disappoint.

LoVe :) LoVe :) LoVe :) these two.

34. 156 Ladyhawke
    September 20, 2011 at 9:39 pm

WHITEHOUSE.GOV IS THE MOST AMAZING POLITICAL WEBSITE I HAVE EVER SEEN

I have http://www.whitehouse.gov/ as my homepage and all I can say is that President Obama and his administration are mopping the floor with the Republican Party. Every time I turn around, there is another project or initiative being rolled out to improve the lives of the American people. The website is absolutely stunning and there is a wealth of information. The amount of activity at whitehouse.gov is just breathtaking. The use of social media is unprecedented. My wish is that more Americans will find out this valuable resource and make use of it.

It has been exciting to watch the transformation of whitehouse.gov over time during the Obama administration. The weekly address, the west wing week, photo of the day, white board presentations, etc. To see the drastic change, check out the link below which shows the previous administration whitehouse.gov as it was frozen in time on January 20, 2009.

September 20, 2011 at 9:49 pm

This record of the Bush White House “frozen in time,” archived. Happy days!

• September 20, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Night and Day in terms of the websites.. The President is kicking ass and taking no prisoners. Chipsticks can you re=psot the video on I will crush my enemies if I think they are taking advantage of me…

• September 20, 2011 at 10:16 pm

A completely different world.

Interesting paragraph on Laura Bush:

“Mrs. Bush’s Leadership
      As First Lady, she traveled domestically to all 50 States and internationally to more than 75 countries. ”

So when Laura Bush travels, its “leadership.” When Michelle Obama travels, it’s a full blown investigation.

• September 21, 2011 at 12:54 am

While her husband was lying his head off to urge the USA to bomb Iraq with the aiding and abetting of the US corporatemediawhore$$

Freakin’ gopolitical propaganda machine.

September 20, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Nancy Pelosi just tweeted that she will be on Maddow to discuss DADT repeal.

• 162 TrumpDog
      September 21, 2011 at 4:31 am

I saw her. Pelosi was phenominal.
      It was also nice to see a celebration to the end of that nasty policy , DADT. Did it get media attention? I don’t know because I no longer trust or watch the other “news” channels.

36. September 20, 2011 at 9:43 pm

You changed the pics on me again Chips, lol.

These new ones of the President and His First Lady…. :oops: …… ahem….. :oops: ….. gulp….. :oops: ….. well now…… :oops:

37. 168 carolyn
    September 20, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Piers Morgan doesn’t seem to be doing too well with his Obama bashing recently. People stand up to him and he looks foolish. He is foolish…but it’s great when he looks it!

September 20, 2011 at 9:47 pm

They’re both to die for GORGEOUS!!!!!! I looooooooove how Mrs. Obama’s skin is glowing. P90X is getting an unofficial endorsement because her body is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. Thanks for the pics Chips. :)

39. 170 Me4obama
    September 20, 2011 at 9:48 pm

This is too Damn FRISKY for me to handle. Off to take a cold shower. Love is in the AIR indeed.

40. 171 meabloom
    September 20, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Loving the photos! I don’t think I may ever get enough of them. They are just too cute.

Obama/Biden2012

41. 172 Me4obama
    September 20, 2011 at 9:51 pm

“Who knows what will happen?” can someone explain to me what is going on? Am about to have my comments deleted because my head is spinning.

42. 174 Doris
    September 20, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Those arms are fierce!!!!!

43. 175 Capricorngurl
    September 20, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Wow ..I’m loving the pics and the “frisky” comments….Its getting HOT in here!!!!!

44. 176 collegekay
    September 20, 2011 at 10:09 pm

“This is like our date night…Who knows what will happen.”

Lmfao!

45. 177 halo
    September 20, 2011 at 10:15 pm

GET A ROOM! ;)

46. September 20, 2011 at 10:16 pm

I just got in and catching up. Seems like a lot has been happening with the Obamas. :)

47. 180 Hhannahh
    September 20, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Oh how I wish there was video of this… Haha

48. September 20, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Oh Lord!

A House Republican freshman on Tuesday night called on the federal government to step up enforcement of U.S. immigration laws, and said removing illegal aliens is one way to create needed jobs for Americans.

“There is a surefire way to create jobs now for American citizens,” Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) said on the House floor. “Evict all illegal aliens from America and immediately open up millions of jobs for unemployed Americans.”

49. 183 anniebella
    September 20, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Usually my date night doesn’t end up with me being in front of 400 of our closest friends. I guess Mr. President your date night usually end up with you being in front of one person, your wife. Doing what I don’t know. I can guess, but I won’t.

50. September 21, 2011 at 12:50 am

Thank you, Chips, for these pics, words, and tweets coming from Date Night in Gotham! So encouraging and inspiring ..even at a fundraiser.

51. 188 Bobfr
    September 21, 2011 at 1:33 am

Our4thEstate Bobfr
    #Obama ‘I intend to win this next election because we have better ideas’ bit.ly/nQCjkY #CountryBeforeParty #YesWeCanDOMoreTogether

Our4thEstate Bobfr
    @Obama ‘the only class warfare I’ve seen is war against middle class folk in this Country’ bit.ly/nQCjkY #CountryBeforeParty

Our4thEstate Bobfr
    #Obama ‘If asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as a teacher makes me a warrior for the middle class I wear it as a badge of honor’

#YesWeCanDOMoreTogether

52. 189 Ceb
    September 21, 2011 at 6:22 pm

The sexiest first couple (or any couple) ever. There is no daylight between the two of them in that full body embrace in the third photo below the video, WOW! I love how they are always touching and embracing as if they are alone, even when they are in the midst of crowd. Their love gives him the strength to bear our burdens and the slings and arrows of his enemies. So glad that they have each other and that we have them.

53. 190 CEB
    September 21, 2011 at 6:24 pm

oops, I transformed my sign in with my email address! Help a sister out, Chips.