Sep

oooooooooooops…….

Steve Benen: I find it hard not to enjoy stories like these:

On her visit to a traffic-signal plant [in Iowa] …. Michele Bachmann called it an example of how President Obama’s policies are “continuing to dig us deeper into the hole toward another recession”. …. she said her plans for a smaller government with fewer rules and lower spending would help OMJC Signal Inc. “grow, grow, grow, grow, grow”. “That’s my goal – to see you succeed wildly,” she told a gathering of OMJC workers on the plant floor here in the central Iowa town where she grew up.

So, what’s the problem? As it turns out, OMJC thrives thanks to government contracts – more than 80% of the company’s revenue comes from government….

The company’s CEO is a self-identified conservative Republican, who was apparently loath to ruin Bachmann’s appearance, but he conceded to reporters that his company benefited from the kind of projects promoted by President Obama and congressional Democrats.

…. Michele Bachmann, in other words, accidentally made Obama’s agenda look pretty good…..

Full post here

25 Responses to “oooooooooooops…….”

1. 1 yardarm756
    September 20, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Here. Here. Open mouth; change feet!

2. 3 Bill
    September 20, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Loved the photo,cute cat. As for Bachmann, nothing is surprising.

3. 4 Fred
    September 20, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Major Graham Donor Indicted For Illegal Contributions, Defrauding Govt. Of At Least $3.6M

/major_graham_donor_indicted_for_illegal_contributions_defrauding_feds_of_at_least_36m.php?ref=fpb

4. 5 theo67
    September 20, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Need to tweet this. I’m sure the media won’t get the word out.

5. September 20, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Ooops! LOL

The cat in the picture looks just like my cat, Sally. :)

First the HPV vaccine mess and now this. It’s no wonder Republicans are looking around for someone else to enter the race. This sorry batch couldn’t get elected dog catcher.

6. 10 GGail
    September 20, 2011 at 2:22 pm

The CEO did Bachmann a disservice when he didn’t correct her and her “people/handlers” did her a disservice when they failed to get the facts about the company’s contracts before Bachmann opened her mouth and inserted her RIGHT FOOT AND LEG! Send this quote to the far reaches of America and BEYOND!!!!!!!

September 20, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Open Mouth. Insert Feet. The sorry campaign of teabagger Bachmann.

September 20, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Reminds me of Ann Richards who said George H.W. Bush was born “with a silver foot in his mouth.” Dumb, meet dumber.

8. 16 donna dem 4 obama
    September 20, 2011 at 2:27 pm

She is such an idiot!

9. 17 Fred
    September 20, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Rick Perry Breaks With Four Decades Of U.S. Policy, Says Israel Should Build More West Bank Settlements

Statements on American Policy toward Settlements by U.S. Government Officials – 1968-2009

10. September 20, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I spent most of my career before I retired working in federal procurement. These contracts were/are very important to these small businesses. The owners worked very hard to get these contracts, and this was during the “prosperous” Reagan/Clinton days so you can imagine the present situation. In those days the standard of what was considered “small” was based on a combination of number of employees and business income. It is not just “small” businesses who depend on federal procurement contracts for their existence. Just about every large domestic corporation has/had a federal government procurement contract with each of the agencies. We also, by law, had to always BUY AMERICAN first unless there were some unique and compelling reason(s) why we could not. It began to change in the mid 80’s when DHL, a German-based company, was awarded a shipping contract with the feds. I guess China has changed those BUY AMERICA rules completely.

This “conservative Republican” business owner is a foolish/ignorant hypocrite. I cannot imagine why he is “biting the hand that literally feeds him”.

11. 19 Pamela
    September 20, 2011 at 3:10 pm

She cannot help but make anyone’s agenda look good….. Ignorant imbecile.. She should have no press coverage at all, even tho it may be entertaining to some.

12. September 20, 2011 at 4:36 pm

hola happy people, I’ve only got a minute on here right now- but want to thank all of you for your supportive thoughtful comments to me this morning, I’ve read them all :) :) You are all so amazing imo.

Quickly I want to add a note about Bachmann… since I’m in Fargo- her name has come up a couple of times and let me tell you- these folks here believe her to be CRAZY! She was on tv last night while we waited for our dinner- in the restaurant next to our hotel- the young waitresses had nothing kind to say about her or the other repub candidates… also spoke to a few taxi drivers, riding between hotel and VA.. and they too consider Bachmann a mess. To be fair though, of all of ND, Fargo apparently is the only ‘blue’ area.. thus I’m in better company around here for the most part.

Anyway, got results on some tests today that were not good news, not life threatening, but worrisome and after I’m done feeling sorry for myself I’m gonna prove this doctor wrong- and get better… so there! ;) Have a good evening.. and thank you Chips for your hard work.

• 21 theo67
      September 20, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Good luck, Sheri – you’ve got a great attitude, which is half the battle. :)

• 23 sjterrid
      September 20, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Sherijr, i’m sorry you got bad news on your blood tests. You have such a fighting spirit I hope you prove this doctor wrong. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you get better soon.

• September 20, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Hey sjterrid, not blood tests, a lung test that came back not so good. I had ARDS 5 years ago when a doctor erred during a very minor operation and cut my bowel, rather than admit it.. she allowed me to become very very ill, septic- which caused the secondary ARDS to my lungs. I was sick for a long time and now have permanent lung damage, stomach damage from the multiple surgeries necessary to save my life and then at Mayo for reconstructive surgery. I also have cognitive damage due to hypoxia- oxygen deprivation.. it’s not major but it has prevented me from working again. So my tests this week here at the VA were to measure my cognitive damage and to view my lung tests .. it turns out that I have now developed emphasema.. which really pisses me off frankly- thus my feeling a bit sorry for myself. But hey I’m still breathing.. so will manage this too ;)

thank you for your well wishes and your prayers, those are always always helpful, I wish you well in return ~

• 25 JCAfrica
      September 21, 2011 at 11:51 am

Dear Sherijr, that’s the fighter that we know and love. We love you, are praying with you and support you.

RSS OFA