Sep

on board

Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood talks with President Barack Obama aboard Marine One during a flight from the White House to Joint Base Andrews, Md., Sept. 22, 2011. Riding aboard Marine One, from left, are: Personal Aide Reggie Love; Nancy-Ann DeParle, Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy; and Press Secretary Jay Carney. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

50 Responses to “on board”

1. September 22, 2011 at 8:00 pm

That’s certainly the most animated I’ve ever seen LaHood. How much do we ♥ Jay? Nice pic, thanks, Chips.

2. 3 COS
    September 22, 2011 at 8:02 pm

And notice a female is right there. Calling Ron suskind!!!!!

• 4 utaustinliberal
      September 22, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Hahahaha.

Love Secretary LaHood’s animated gesture and his snazzy tie. Plus I spy our lovely Press Sec Jay Carney; busy as ever. :)

3. 5 Me4obama
    September 22, 2011 at 8:06 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Huntman is at 2% in the new poll.

4. 17 Me4obama
    September 22, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I wish I could be on my black berry tweeting infront of my Boss like Jay carney is with the President.

5. September 22, 2011 at 8:12 pm

alright, when is this bs debate supposed to be? I’m gonna be watching x-factor personally

• 20 Me4obama
      September 22, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Am watching the BIG BANG THEORY. I will be checking in to see updates of the Clown Debates.

September 22, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I think that circus suppose to come on 9pm. To those who plan to suffer through it, Enjoy yourself.

• September 22, 2011 at 8:36 pm

I just heard Michael moore say that there are 600,000 African Americans in GA who are not registered to vote and he is going to get behind them and make sure they all get registered so that this type of execution doesn’t happen again. He tried to recall all of his books in GA but was unable to do so. Says that he does not want to give a nickel to any state that let this type of thing happen. I just happen to turn to Keith and see what he was talking about and Moore was on his show talking about the execution. (believe me, Ican’t stand Michael Moore)

6. September 22, 2011 at 8:34 pm

LISA’S MUSING ON THE CONVERSATION between lovely LaHood and sexy PBO:
    Ray: so we went fishing and caught a bass this big!
    PBO: What?! No way! I’ve never seen one that big!
    Ray: I tell you, I couldn’t believe it! I had to call that beady eyed Chinless Wonder to ask him how he’d vote on AJA to make sure it wasn’t a dream.
    PBO: Daaaaaaamnnnnn.

7. 30 carolyn
    September 22, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I haven’t seen or heard this debate advertised or talked about all over…but then I don’t watch FOX! Maybe these people don’t want people looking in at their stupidity??????

September 22, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Where is StR?

9. 32 dotster3
    September 22, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Sorry to break this sad news, but as Gawker put it, “The Great Thaddeus McCarter for President Dream is Dead”. Dropping out before anyone even knew he had dropped in.

10. September 22, 2011 at 8:52 pm

So looks like no one is watching the freak show tonight.

11. September 22, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Nancy Smash’s daughter is hilarious:

@sfpelosi sfpelosi
    will #GOPdebate moderator ask Rick Perry is he agrees w his FL campaign cochair that gay marriages cause hurricanes?

12. 38 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    September 22, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I’VE BEEN WATCHING THE X FACTOR AND TRUST ME…NONE OF THE GOP CANDIDATES HAVE IT! I’LL STICK WITH SIMON!

13. 39 LunarSea
    September 22, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Hello TOD family. I’ve been lurking on and off of late because I’ve been logging on so late it takes me all night to catch up.

Great to see all the enthusiasm and support that greets PBO everywhere he goes. Loved the semi-date the Obama’s had in NY with 400 of their closest friends. HA!

Wanted someone to punch the Nut N Yahoo in the face at the UN assembly for me.

Pres. Obama has really elevated the UN back to it’s lofty ideals and the member nations seem to really appreciate his participation. After being trashed by the last admin they must all be afraid of the current crop of GOP candidates. Long Live the United Nations!

In regards to the Suskind book, I’ve been seriously considering making labels saying “It’s all Lies” and sticking them on Suskind’s book and any other tome of lies including ‘news’ articles that I come across.

Finally remember that article recently where a Rethug strategist said that they just throw things out there and everyone spends so much time debunking it but by the time anyone notices they are on to a new story? Well that’s the Suskind book and the ”loosing the Jews” and the “hostile to women” stuff is all about. We must not allow them to set the narrative. When we spend all our time debunking their lies they are already starting new ones.

Have a good night all

14. 40 carolyn
    September 22, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Could we have clarification about The Great Thaddeus McCarter…who…what…when……all the journalistic questions…….is this an inside joke and all of us are on the outside…..????

15. 42 Me4obama
    September 22, 2011 at 9:35 pm

I guess no one is watching the clown debate. Even Twitter is not active.

16. 44 Ladyhawke
    September 22, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Oh brother, I am watching Rachel Maddow and that weird promo of Chuck Todd just came on. What a phony….Chuck Todd driving to work saying that his job is to “bring up issues that Americans care about”. Please, spare me. Chuck Todd is the worst. His job is carrying water for the Republicans. He’s not fooling anybody with that promo.

17. 45 donna dem 4 obama
    September 22, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Fox News Partners With Google After Years Of Attacks

September 21, 2011 3:28 pm ET by Eric Hananoki

On Thursday, Fox News and Google will host a Republican presidential debate in Florida. In a press release announcing the event, Fox News senior vice president Michael Clemente said “we are proud to partner with a leader in global technology.”

But regular Fox News viewers may think that Googling has serious consequences. In February, Glenn Beck cautioned on his now defunct Fox News program: “May I recommend if you’re doing your own homework, don’t do a Google search. It seems to me that Google is pretty deeply in bed with the government. Remember, maybe this is explaining why Google is being kicked out of all the other countries. Are they just a shill now for the United States government?”

18. 46 EDP4BHO
    September 22, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Hey all you PBO scopers. Anyone notice he has his feet on the plane seat in front of him? Oh, I’m just showing off my high perceptional skills :-D

• 47 Ladyhawke
      September 22, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Oh dear, let’s hope the right wing didn’t see that. If you think “wavegate” was big, just image what will happen with “AF1 feet on seat gate”. As scandals go, this could really get ugly. I just wish PBO would stop making it so easy for the right to go after him.

• 48 EDP4BHO
        September 22, 2011 at 10:15 pm

:-D :-D Good nite Ladyhawke and TOD. Got to get some bills paid and catch up on rest. Pray for PBO and the Davis family.

19. 49 Lovepolitics2008
    September 22, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I wonder if Ray Lahood is still a republican…

• 50 amari10
      September 22, 2011 at 10:41 pm

He was always a moderate republican but since they don’t exist anymore, who knows. I do know he is loyal to PBO, the administration and the country. It was a thing of beauty seeing him on television not so long ago bashing republicans on transportation issues and standing up for the president on shows like Morning Joe and Fox and Friends.