Sep

the freak show

ThinkProgress: Audience boos gay servicemember for wanting to serve openly. “Any kind of sexual activity has no place in the military” says Rick Santorum, apparently planning to raise an army of monks and kick all the married officers out of the military. Watch it:

What?!

Truly, he’s Sarah Palin in pants.

Credit to Romney, he finally spoke the truth:

See the ThinkProgress live blog here

53 Responses to “the freak show”

1. September 22, 2011 at 10:36 pm

It was dispicable and not one ‘candidate’ for the highest office in this country had the decency to thank this soldier, to quiet the audience. It is very sad watching this ‘debate’. Oh theres lotsa fun being made on twitter and thank goodness for the comedy interjections by the tweets.. but when it goes on and on- the hate, the exclusiveness of this ‘party’- the disregard they have for all of us, the destruction they plan for a country most of us have watched and worked at evolving into a saner, better, healthier place. Its sad.

• September 22, 2011 at 10:40 pm

they continue to be disgusting.

this was someone who chose to PUT THEIR LIFE ON THE LINE IN SERVICE TO THIS COUNTRY AND THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO BOO THEM?

FUCK THEM , THE HORSE THEY RODE IN ON , AND THAT VERMIN ON STAGE WHO WAS TOO GUTLESS TO TELL THOSE CLOWNS TO STFU AND RESPECT THE UNIFORM.

• 5 conlakappa
      September 22, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Let them continue to talk. They are defining exactly who they are. There can be no confusion about knowing who these people are. And their media minders look even dumber. AP/Yahoo! was pushing “live-blogging” of it. Push on.

• 6 HZ
      September 22, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Hi sherijr, that was a very digusting moment. Not one candidate spoke up and not one moderator spoke up. Several of us did on twitter, however. It was shameful for the entire nation..HZ

2. 10 halo
    September 22, 2011 at 10:37 pm

What the hell?

3. 11 chiara
    September 22, 2011 at 10:38 pm

They truly are an embarrassing freak show, there’s just no better way to describe it.

September 22, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????????????????

As for the moronic teabagging audience booing the military service member; they are all idiots. This is a person who puts his life on the line everyday for his country and for the fools booing him. And they want to deny him the right to love whomever he pleases. Disgusting.

• 13 P
      September 22, 2011 at 11:02 pm

The sad thing is these so called Christians who abides by every fucking law in the bible **sarcasm** are “judging” people based on their sexual orientation. Didn’t God said don’t judge? Hey I have my believes on homosexuality but I would never abuse anyone whether it be physically or emotionally because they are gay/ lesbian. I know I am with flaws…and according to the words of Jesus “those without sin cast the first stone”. If you believe homosexuality is wrong hey leave it up to God to judge. Some people are so full of themselves it’s disgusting!!!!!!

• 14 P
        September 22, 2011 at 11:08 pm

Until they start booing men who cheat on their wives or women who cheat on their husbands with multiple partners or people who have sex before marriage and all the other sins of the bible then I will accept them booing this poor man. I guess a lot of them if not ALL will have to boo themselves huh :lol: foolish foolish people…..

5. 15 Bobfr
    September 22, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Our4thEstate Bobfr
    @TheObamaDiary “the freak show” bit.ly/mPxYR8 #YesWeCanDOMoreTogether #CountryBeforeFools #GOPFAIL @BarackObama

6. 16 amari10
    September 22, 2011 at 10:49 pm

The whole debate is full of lies, hypocrisy, ignorance, and more lies. I did learn something new, however. I thought Herman Cain’s “999 plan” was 9 pizzas, 9 toppings for $9.99, but the fact that it is really an economic plan blew my mind.

7. 22 P
    September 22, 2011 at 10:54 pm

No sex in the military? WTF! Suppose a husband and wife are working in the military….what are they suppose to do wave each other goodnight like high school sweethearts?…heck some high school students even gets it in. These candidates scare me but you know who scares me the most!?! The fricking audience!! I don’t watch the debates but are you guys sure that it’s people and not ANIMALS looking on?

September 22, 2011 at 11:00 pm

No sex in the military???You can tell THAT guy never served his country!

• 25 Obama Grandmama
      September 22, 2011 at 11:33 pm

I’ll agree with you that the audience is the scary part, It makes me worry to see what a large audience it is and hear what they cheer for and boo for. It worries me that America may be truly hopeless if they are a majority or if the GOP wins this time.

8. 26 Ladyhawke
    September 22, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Wow, that was pathetic. I have no idea what he was talking about. It sounded just like the “word salads” that come from Sarah Palin. That was incoherent babbling from a man who thinks he is qualified to be the leader of the free world. Just try to imagine Rick Perry doing what President Barack Obama did this week at the United Nations with his grasp of foreign policy. Scary.

• 27 theo67
      September 23, 2011 at 1:48 am

I thought the President’s speech at the UN was really profound, and only second to his inauguration speech – it was kind of like Part 2. I can’t imagine that any of these yahoos even could understand that speech, let alone deliver any equivalent.

9. September 22, 2011 at 10:57 pm

The 2012 ads are writing themselves. Sounds like another sickening horror show brought to you by total freaks with pure ugliness in their hearts who want to run our country. UUUgggghh.

• 29 theo67
      September 23, 2011 at 1:49 am

I don’t think anyone will make an ad out of that booing of the military man. It was really offensive. It’s enough that people know it happened.

10. 30 Me4obama
    September 22, 2011 at 10:57 pm

I think they will oppose the Military since Pres. Obama is the CIC.

11. 31 Krista
    September 22, 2011 at 10:57 pm

I lurk here since The Only Adult in the Room went on hiatus—but I just finished watching the debates and my IQ points are aching. I’m old enough (late 30s) to remember a moderate Republican party. Where did this collection of grifters, flip-floppers, and hypocrites come from?

Sigh.

It makes me more grateful than ever for the civility, class and intelligence of our current president.

And the crowd booing the military member? That’s…I have no words. :-O Well, I do have a word: disgraceful.

September 22, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Hi, Krista:) Glad you decided to jump in here…..I was thinking of how absolutely ridiculous debates will be when they finally pick their nominee, and that person has to debate this amazingly intelligent President. Talk about an ass kicking! People need to pay attention, that is, if they still have enough brain cells left after the Clown KKKar Krazies are finished.
      Glad to see you here.

• 33 Krista
        September 22, 2011 at 11:16 pm

Hi there!

I miss BWD’s site but I’m sure it’ll be active again. And I’m thrilled to find this site :)

The thing that worries me: yes, the debates will be ridiculous. PBO has more brains and class in his little finger than all of the current Republican candidates ever dreamed of having. But in the surreal world that our politics has become lately, facts don’t seem to matter much. In other words, as ludicrous as the crop of current Republican grifters de jour is, George Bush became president twice too. We can’t afford to underestimate them.

It’s good to be here. :)

• 34 HZ
          September 22, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Hi Krista, welcome. I hope you will enjoy it here. We welcome you. Krista, keep in mind though that GW did not have the vision that POB has and have carried out part of it even though under very difficult circumstances. Also, POB has energized a group of young people who are really alive, focus, know how important this election is in 2012 for their future, and they are not willing to give that great energy of hope away. I am counting on the young people who are very smart about who they want to have as their President in 2012, and where they want that President to take them. That is a key for me. I believe in the young people. They know the price that has to be paid, and they are willing to pay that price. It is their future for sure.HZ

• September 22, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Lovely to have you here Krista, but I’m with ya: I want The Only Adult In The Room back!!!!!!! No pressure BWD (love ya) ;-)

• 36 Obama Grandmama
          September 22, 2011 at 11:39 pm

Yes! We can remember how the ABC debate went in the Primaries in ’08 when George Stephanopolis and Charlie fixed it in Hillary’s favor. Remember when the commercials fell and how Hillary had lots of chances to double up on their questions of Obama? She got light weight questions with no opportunity for BHO to add anything against her. The networks can do their dirty work right infront of our eyes. Just like the lies and misrepresentations happening currently against PBO.

• September 23, 2011 at 1:17 am

Hi Obama Grandmama..I so remember that. It’s good to see someone else thinking of that time in relation to the network debates. And, Obama still won. Ha.

12. September 22, 2011 at 11:02 pm

“he’s Sarah Palin in pants”
    ———- he’s Sarah Palin with better hair ;)

13. 42 HZ
    September 22, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Conclusion on tonight: BREAKING NEWS: 4 MORE for 44!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HZ

14. September 22, 2011 at 11:25 pm

It should be no surprise to anyone here that Perry lied when he blamed the failure of India to purchase American made planes on PBO. The Indian Defence Ministry decided to purchase them from a European manufacturer, and the Indian government says it was not a political decision. This Business Week article discusses the extent PBO went to to secure the deal:

15. 46 carolyn
    September 22, 2011 at 11:30 pm

No sex???…….Santorum needs to remember “Hooker’s Army” of women who followed the Civil War armies…….Does he even know how that name got given??? What planet does he live on?
    Those people are despicable….booing ANYONE in uniform….Let them be seen for what they are.
    I bet the audience was low.

16. 47 meabloom
    September 23, 2011 at 12:03 am

Booing soldiers?!?!?! Are you serious??? Are they not aware that these are the brave men and woman fighting for them?? These people must have amnesia or just slap stupid. How disrespectful can you get?? You don’t like the way they handle business well let me see you take their places and fight for America. How disgusting; show some respect.

Obama/Biden2012

17. 48 relellit
    September 23, 2011 at 1:01 am

We shouldn’t be surprised the right wing ignoramuses are nil on just about everything; especially mother nature.

18. September 23, 2011 at 1:14 am

I wonder what outrage the audience will commit during the NEXT debate?

19. 50 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
    September 23, 2011 at 1:40 am

:shock: Where’s the party of Reagan or Eisenhower? As much as I detest the rethug party….I can’t beleive this is all they have to offer. And the audience is a pack of neantherdals. :???:

September 23, 2011 at 7:55 am

What does Dan Choi have to say about this? Was last night’s disgusting display of homophobic bigotry President Obama’s doing too?

21. 53 Lightfoot
    September 23, 2011 at 4:07 pm

How can such idiots rise to the “top?” Or is this what qualifies them, idiocy! Sheesh!

RSS OFA