Oct

tod on twitter

Hi people. I finally got around to creating a TOD members list on Twitter – you can find it here

It includes all the TOD people who added their name to the ‘Team Up On Twitter’ page (here – there’s also a permanent link to the page in the right sidebar) and lots of other good people worth following – eg official White House accounts, Bob Cesca, Steve Benen, What Is Working, Pragmatic Obots, etc. I’ll add more accounts to the list when I think of them.

So, if you would like to follow the list just, well, click ‘follow this list’.

For those not yet familiar with the inner-workings of Twitter (err, including me), the list will allow you to follow all the tweets from people here and the other accounts I mentioned, all in the one Twitter feed.

Again, if you would like to be added to the list, just leave your Twitter name on the ‘Team Up On Twitter’ page.

Thanks everyone ;-)

79 Responses to “tod on twitter”

1. 1 gcwp1
    October 1, 2011 at 1:09 pm

You guys are wonderful, and I thank you for all you do.

Any word from Donna?

2. 4 GGail
    October 1, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Chipsticks, you are creative and resourceful! :-)

3. 6 djshay
    October 1, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Nice work chips! Thanks for adding me:)

4. October 1, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Cool Chips…I’m a Twitter novice but I wanna play too :). Is it too late to be added to the list? I’m neck in neck w/ Mitt Romney, with a total of 8 followers. I need friends.

October 1, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Awesome Chips. Saw your list on twitter. Off to follow it right now. :)

6. 14 Fred
    October 1, 2011 at 1:40 pm

I got banned and proudly so for telling SP to go f*ck herself ;) after yet another lie about our President :roll: but I am happy you’ve gone mainstream Chip :D

October 1, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I’m a follower!

• 22 dotster3
      October 1, 2011 at 2:55 pm

I’m a follower too, and that is all I’ll ever be, sob sob. I’ve told my sad tale here before, but my daughter made the Big Mistake of signing me up on twitter with my real name, and there is no escaping that fate. I am doomed forever. I have tried everything, tried to edit, tried to re-register, tried bribes (not really but I’m about that desperate–“Dear Mr. Twitter, I’ll pay you if you could ever possibly please remove my real name and allow me to use something cuter and not so creepily real so I can participate in your great and fun tweeting party—-thank you for your kind consideration, the check’s in the mail”) No matter what I do to change my account name, it just adds that new name to my old real name. It’s twitter prison! I can’t escape!

8. 23 GGail
    October 1, 2011 at 1:52 pm

HEY SOUL Chipsticks! I see you slipped my FAVORITE “Hey Soul Sister” video on one of your Go Donna threads. I just finished listening to it and it brightened my Saturday. You are so wonderful to us here at TOD.

9. 28 Bobfr
    October 1, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Well done Chipsticks!!

Thank you.

#PRESSON

#YesWECanDOMoreTogether

10. 33 a4alice
    October 1, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Nifty – I’m following the list – that’s so easy! Thanks Chips! :-)

11. 35 Me4obama
    October 1, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Thanks Chips, am proud to be involved in this Elite List of Obama Twitter army. Let’s go fight the media and their lies.

12. October 1, 2011 at 2:20 pm

++##############++++++++++###########++
    +###############++++++++++###########++
    +############### ++++ +++++###########++
    +###############++++++#++############++
    +################+++++#++############++

13. October 1, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Great idea!! I’m a newbie and a klutz on twitter, but the idea of following so many great people makes me happy. Thanks for doing this.

14. October 1, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Oh Lord, I am going to admit I don’t know how to Tweet!! Putting that aside, I usually look at Huffpo every morning. I noticed that have a LOT of headings BAD NEWS FOR OBAMA. Todays “bad news” is that his poll numbers are low (although they mention he is ahead of the Republican contenders ) and that (poll numbers at this stage are unpredictable)–but Oh Dear–BAD NEWS FOR OBAMA. I am going to start keeping track of how often they say that. I was able to contribute to Donna. it was my first contribution to the 2012 campaign–and feel real good that I could make it on this site.

October 1, 2011 at 2:29 pm

The media has received their marching orders to paint EVERYTHING as bad news for Obama from now until 2012. Right now even his success on terror is being turned into a negative, thanks to the mediaCORP and their well-paid friends from the right AND left. I’m glad you noticed the hypocrisy that is HuffnPuff. Right now I don’t even trust the Gallup polls.

October 1, 2011 at 2:31 pm

That place is poison for the sane soul:) HuffLIEPo…..LIE/PO Because they SUCK!

October 1, 2011 at 2:33 pm

By the way, Auni…so glad that you are here with us:) Congrats on the 1st donation of the season….and the fact that you helped Donna, was icing on the cake! Good on you:)

• 46 GGail
      October 1, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Congratulations Auni on your FIRST contribution to help re-elect PBO! So happy you were inspired to do so here for Donna.

OBAMA/BIDEN 2012
      YES WE CAN!

• October 1, 2011 at 4:05 pm

I stopped visiting Huffpo and some other sites over a year ago because it just got too depressing. I’m a much happier person since I decided to deal only with the facts about PBO instead of the personal opinions, conspiracy theories, and other Bull Stank! It has energized me to focus on the goal of getting PBO re-elected in 2012 instead of being depressed about the BS.

15. 48 57andFemale
    October 1, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I’m just looking at yesterday’s Chicago Sun-Times and don’t know if the TOD family knows that Dr. James Edward Bowman, Valerie Jarrett’s father, passed away.

A wonderful article in the Chicago Sun-Times about this extraordinary man: http://www.suntimes.com/news/obituaries/7951103-418/dr-james-edward-bowman-88-fought-segregation.html

16. October 1, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I just connected – now have a blast off !
    :-)

• October 1, 2011 at 2:52 pm

WoooooOOOOOOoooooot!!!! Thank you Toon!

• October 1, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Thanks for all you do Chips. Although i’ve signed up , twitter is kinda frightening. All those symbols and stuff are kinda hard to navigate. Hopefully i can figure out what all the symbols mean within a tweet.
        BTW have you heard from SueinMinn? Haven’t seen her in awhile, just wonderin’.

• October 1, 2011 at 3:45 pm

yardarm756, once you get the hang of it, you’ll see it’s a piece of cake.

• 56 Sue in Minnesota
          October 1, 2011 at 3:53 pm

yardarm756….Thanks for thnking of me…..I just was released from the hospital….I am a very blessed and fortunate woman as I had a brain aneurysm and subarachnoid hemorrage on Sunday the 19th. I didn’t go into the hospital until the 22nd, an endovascular coiling procedure was performed almost immediately. I’ve been told I cheated death. Although not completely out of the woods…all signs point in a good direction.

Very emotional,,,..coming here today…I really missed not being part of this community for the last 12 days, you all mean that much to me.
          And for some reason I had it in my head that someone was attempting to blackmail our President…where did I get that idea from?

We tried to set up my computer at the hospital at the beginning of this past week, but it was too stressful on my still very sensitive brain, and in particular my eyes. It was hard not knowing what was going on in the trenches here. Good word from my homefront while I was hospitalized, my brother reported I must have received a letter from every member of Congress in response to my efforts regrading the President’s AJA ….haven’t read them yet, but am glad to receive some type of acknowledgement. They better act accordingly.

I am so proud of Donna and everyone that was able to help her reach her goals…..it would make my heart sing to hear that she received a personal call from our remarkable President.

I can’t keep up with everything that went on in the last two weeks, but coming back here has been a homecoming of sorts. And I have to say our President is looking FINER than ever.

• October 1, 2011 at 4:00 pm

My goodness! My Sista Sue in Minnesota; Woman; I’ve been thinkin of you and sending mega blessings your way. I sense you were moving through some crisis. Stay strong, keep healing. May the Blessings Be!

–Ametia in Minnesota

• October 1, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Good grief Sue, what an awful time you’ve had. We all missed you here, but had no idea you were going through such an ordeal. I’ve just posted a new thread here:

… to let everyone know you’re back. Thinking of you Sue, and wishing you a return to the fullest of health. Love ya.

October 1, 2011 at 4:36 pm

OMG! We missed you so much and we were all wondering where you were! I mistakenly thought you said that you were going on vacation…how far from the truth. SO very glad that you are on the mend…we were all thinking of you, you can be assured of that!
            Please take good care in your recuperation. So glad to see you here with us again:)

• October 1, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Welcome home! So glad you’re okay.

• 61 Karen Sr.
            October 2, 2011 at 6:54 am

I don’t get a chance to comment here often but I peek in during the day from my cell to get the latest news. So, when someone hasn’t commented in a while I just figure they may be doing the same. So sorry to hear what you’ve been through but very glad to hear that you’re on the mend. Welcome back, Sue.

17. October 1, 2011 at 2:57 pm

After viewing interview with Smerconish and PBO, I posted this tweet, and he responded:

Michael Smerconish @smerconish replied to you:

smerconish Michael Smerconish
    @lawalazu Many thanks for that
    Oct 01, 11:52 AM via TweetDeck

In reply to…

lawalazu KSK(africa)
    @smerconish Refreshing interview! Not trying 2 make himself the news by being rude, but still asking tough questions. theobamadiary.com/2011/09/30/hea…
    Sep 30, 4:14 PM via web

• October 1, 2011 at 3:04 pm

That’s terrific Africa, a great idea to compliment an interviewer on being fair and civil. Thanks africa.

• 65 Me4obama
      October 1, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I like him a lot, he converted from republican to independent and endorsed PBO in 2008 and he has more radio listeners than Limbaugh. I tweeted him to and thanked him for the interview.

October 1, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Thanks africa for sharing this with us! I appreciated smerconish’s interview as well. I think he’s generally a fair person who’s never condescending towards the President. I think he genuinely respects PBO.

• October 1, 2011 at 3:25 pm

I agree, Hope. he respects the president, and I believe he knows the people on the other side are what we call “cracky” back home — totally nuts.

18. 68 Doris
    October 1, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Congratulations Donna on that big number!!!!! You are our winner. Can’t wait until you get the call. Love ya much Baby O. :D

19. October 1, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Last April I took my 10 year old grandson to DC–it was wonderful. As a Washington State person, in a small conservative town, it’s easy to feel disconnected from what goes on in the political world. This site, as well as the trip to DC, helps me feel part of the process. Thank you all—

• 70 elo4obama/biden
      October 1, 2011 at 4:52 pm

y sister and 2 of my nephews wnet to DC bfore 911. Went siteseeing, visited the white3house,Arlington and evrything. It was wonderful. I think it definetely makes evryone feel fmore connected to the process. There’s nothi9ng like hanging around with like minded people. Learning toghetyhert and engaging. OK typing with feint lettering. Sorry for typos.

October 1, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Barry Manilow says he’s endorsing President Obama for re-election 2012, and NOT Ron Paul as some had thought:

// “Barry Manilow may have said he agrees with Texas Rep. Ron Paul on “just about everything,” but don’t mistake that for a full-fledged endorsement. Manilow had recently remarked that he thought of the Republican congressman from Lake Jackson as a “solid” candidate for president. But now he’s come back clarifying that statement, saying he plans to support President Obama for re-election. “Although I agree with some of what Ron Paul says, I am not actually endorsing him in the 2012 presidential race, nor have I ever told anyone that I was,” he wrote in a note to the Reliable Source, the Washington Post’s gossip blog.” //

October 1, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Our President will be in Rich Perry’s backyard (mesquite, Dallas TX) on Tuesday. We will have a good showing of Democrats I’m sure!

22. October 1, 2011 at 4:24 pm

I’m in, Chipsticks! Love the idea of TOD being on Twitter!

23. 78 cookemom
    October 1, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Hi, I’m new to this site, but have lurked off and on for awhile. I signed up for a twitter account, but don’t have a clue how to use it. I’m just getting the hang of FB. I’d like to follow the tweets for TOD , so here’s my twitter name @ifuhav2ask. Please add me to the list. and I’ll see if I can’t figure out how to log on and follow.

PS: As of close on Friday, Sept. 3oth, Donna remains at the top of the OFA grassroots fundraiser leaderboard in both the amount raised and number of contributors categories