Oct

tragic news: the half-termer isn’t running

Time: Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin will not seek the Republican nomination to challenge Barack Obama for the White House, she said in a statement sent to TIME.

“After much prayer and serious consideration, I have decided that I will not be seeking the 2012 GOP nomination for President of the United States,” Palin wrote in a statement from her home in Wasilla, Alaska. “As always, my family comes first and obviously Todd and I put great consideration into family life before making this decision. When we serve, we devote ourselves to God, family and country. My decision maintains this order.”

A statement from God: “Leave me out of it, freak.”

I entered the interwebs’ dark side ….. it’s like a funeral over there. Sorry, I shouldn’t :lol:

I’m crushed, but not yet sure I believe it.

we have all suffered a great loss

Romney is getting the nomination. I am beyond pissed

This country is through. It’s all over.

Why did she have us wait?

I thought she loved America? I feel sick to my stomach. She owes those of us who bought her books and supported her financially a explaination and an apology.

Well, sh!t. It looks more and more like we’re going to be stuck with Romney.

This was the worst decision she could have made……I am crushed beyond belief and wonder what they threatened her with to get her out, she was always running and we all knew it.

I will not be supporting her in the future, she left us hanging and hoping and YES I’m disappointed but now I will send my support to Mr. Cain. I guess I’ll eat ‘crow’ for the next few weeks, just today I stopped by walmart and bought her video…it is unopened so I will return it.

Sarah is NOT running… I am sorry. God must have another plan for her.

She is letting her country down and that is a disgrace. Doesnt she have any guts at all ? She just freaking rolled over and conceded victory to her enemies. she does owe people an apology and an explaination. What the hell is wrong with her ?

I feel so sad and I don’t know why.

Just read it on Fox. I am saddened at this news. Now what? :(

sick to my stomach ….crushed….totally gobsmacked

What the hell is wrong with her ? Does anyone have an answer ? If this is how she is, I wouldnt hire her to run an ice cream shop. She is a person with little purpose nationally now and I can believe she just folded like a coward.

Palin could have turned it around. There isn’t another Palin in the wings. America is finished, and Palin did it.

…her decision has hurt so many people…..people who had built great hope with this woman…..as well as I….personally I don’t want to hear or see her for a great while.

She will be on the record with Greta tonight and for the first time I WILL NOT be watching….betrayed is not the word that is strong enough for me, I was ready to help, I was ready to give, and I will NOT be running over to Walmart now for the DVD, which I went to get at 5am this morning….glad I didn’t get it.

While I am bummed, I have a strong feeling, Palin is being led by God.

Oh crap! I have no one to support now!

*******

90% of them say they’ll support Cain now. Why? One of them posted this:

They’re a classy bunch, eh?

69 Responses to “tragic news: the half-termer isn’t running”

1. 1 Bobfr
    October 5, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Shorter version – I prefer ripping off Americans by not paying taxes on the fantastic salary Fox pays me …

• 2 LOL
      October 5, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Ailes actually said the only reason they hired her was because she was “hot” No wonder they hate michelle- someone who can say she’s more than hot, more than eye candy, more than some incubator for children…..I see a strange pattern with all of the women on Fox. Gretchen Carlson is actually an accomplished violinist (or some instrument) and went to Ivy league schools. But- we don’t preciate dem degrees here.

• October 5, 2011 at 9:44 pm

lmao @

“She owes those of us who bought her books and supported her financially a explaination and an apology.”

2. 4 a4alice
    October 5, 2011 at 6:41 pm

This lead the CBS evening news. Can you believe it? ai yi yi…….

3. 8 LOL
    October 5, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Shorter Palin: After realizing I would lose because even 75% of my own peeps don’t want me to run…I’ve decided make more money, er, focus on my family. Mind you this is the same family where everyone has a reality show. Moron.

4. October 5, 2011 at 6:44 pm

What a loser. After Christie bowed out, I thought she’d come in to save the day. Could her 15 minutes finally be up? Let us hope we don’t have to listen to anymore of her nonsense.

October 5, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Let’s all take a moment to weep at this tremendous loss. :roll: I was looking forward to even more circus freaks joining the other nine circus freaks.

More like she bowed out so she can keep ripping GOP suckers off.

6. 12 Linda
    October 5, 2011 at 6:48 pm

When we serve, we devote ourselves to God, family and country.

uh no…….

When you serve you are suppose to devote yourself to WE THE PEOPLE.

7. 14 Bobfr
    October 5, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Offer this as a moment of pure enjoyment … http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Aqa78OQyp3Y#t=4s

LOL!!

#PRESSON

8. 16 Fred
    October 5, 2011 at 7:01 pm

whatever (not that she had it in the first place ;) ) chance she had she blew the day dear Gabrielle Giffords got shot and had the audacity to act like she was the effing victim

9. October 5, 2011 at 7:02 pm

OK twitter brigade, I just couldn’t resist giving Maxine Waters some blowback:

@MaxineWaters
    Treasury Sec.Geithner testifies in congress tomorrow. What questions do you want me to ask him? #OccupyWallst #occupywallstreet #OWS #RT

@metaquest
    @MaxineWaters How that OneUnited Bank loan is doing?

@metaquest
    @MaxineWaters Thank him for trying to patch the undoing of Glass-Steagall under Clinton.

Go give her some feedback!

October 5, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Dear AmerIKKKa,
    After much debating with my husband (he’s the ONLY one I would ever be capable of debating) I have decided that the boat load of money I get from putting my 2 cents in on FOX, about stuff I know absolutely NOTHING about, is a really good gig….what other fools would ever pay me this amount of money to spout off my personal opinions! Amerikkka is great! I keep raking in a bunch of money, and don’t really have to work hard at all…Just how I like it! The rest of the country is getting tired of me, but my base loves me to death, and really, really believes the BS I feed them every chance I get. I just don’t think that it would be enough for me to win an election…BLAH<BLAH,BLAH. Oh, Sarah…we were SO over you long ago!
    Personally, I would have liked to see that happen…just for shits and giggles.I'll have to get my laugh out loud moments from one of the other jokers now.I'm sure I'll get over my disappointment relatively soon.
    Besides, God told me that I was selfish, selfserving, and the lying had better stop soon….since I can't honestly make that promise….I thought it best to not run.Not my time.(Hint…never your time)
    Thanks, for playing, Sarah….now if you could just actually SPEND that time with your family and leave the rest of us alone…we'd all appreciate it.

11. October 5, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Go for the $$ guvner!

12. 30 Bill
    October 5, 2011 at 7:12 pm

What is she going to do with her really cool bus?

• 32 theo67
      October 5, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Good one! She’ll probably have to live in it after she gets fired from FOX – check out Lawrence O’Donnell’s clip of palin talking her way out of a job upthread from Ladyhawke. She’s just about at minute 15 now in her 15 minutes of fame.

• 33 dotster3
      October 5, 2011 at 7:39 pm

It will be the Sarah Palin Library (no books—just People magazines) next to Arby’s, strip mall, Wasilla.
      As others have noted, weird that she didn’t announce on Greta Van Susteren’s show since Greta and husband devoted big chunks of their lives to Sarah promotion, unbelievably. And I am (sorta–not really) feeling bad for the Texas woman who has been flying to Iowa every week for 2 years to campaign for Miz Sarah. Some people make just horrible decisions and have really bad judgment.

• October 6, 2011 at 12:15 am

And, I always wanted to ask..What’s with Greta.. & her husband? Didn’t she use to be sane? Did fox infect her and there’s no antidote?

October 6, 2011 at 5:39 am

Greta is like Pat Boone, Angelina Jolin’s father , Hank Williams Jr, Chuck Norris, and all those other right wing radical nuts.

13. 37 cuphalffull
    October 5, 2011 at 7:15 pm

As a person of faith I think of two things when I read this announcement and how Sarah Palin phrases her decision. First, her “praying” about this decision strikes me as an affectation. There’s no reason she shouldn’t practice her faith in making decisions but she is going out of her way to draw attention to herself in this way. My mom used to say “holier than thou”. Second, the association of fanaticism, self centeredness, malice toward ones’ fellows, bigotry, greed and propaganda coming from people like Sarah Palin and her followers with faith is going to give many people especially young ones the wrong idea about what it means to be a person of faith. Those that believe in social justice have been vilified by the likes of Glenn Beck and con artists like Palin are holding themselves us as examples of what it means to practice ones religion in public. This is a terrible way to represent.

• October 6, 2011 at 12:17 am

The first I think of when I read her statement was..”I’ll bet God doesn’t like Liars”..and she’s just a hypocrite using the “God” to cover up what a lying money grubbing asshole she is.

14. October 5, 2011 at 7:21 pm

God says: “Who are you?”

So much brouhaha over a buffoon like Sarah Palin. Three years later and this clown is still making news. I blame the media. :roll:

• 40 Puddin'
      October 6, 2011 at 12:11 am

Of course the media is to blame…Sarah says something and the media jumps on it as if she is somebody and they talk about it for a week. President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama goes to Europe, thousands of people greet them, cheer for them with tears running down their faces; they make history and the media shows a few seconds…

15. 41 Uche
    October 5, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Sarah decides not to run….and why is this news?. Only people @ Fox take her serious anyway.
    For Mark ‘Dick’ Halperin, this has to be another good news for John McCain !!.

16. 42 itgurl_29
    October 5, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Don’t count her out. She specifically said she wasn’t running for the Republican nomination. That doesn’t mean she won’t go it alone as a 3rd party candidate. She’s sly enough to play the media like that. Palin loves this stuff. She’ll watch them dance on her grave, then right after Romney wins Iowa and New Hampshire and is declared the nominee, Sarah will throw her hat in the ring for as an Independent.

17. 43 CTGirl
    October 5, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Whatever they are smoking they need to stop!

18. 44 GGail
    October 5, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Chipsticks, those comments are too precious! Thanks sooooo very much for sharing! LOL!!!!!!

• October 6, 2011 at 12:20 am

They’re hilarous..to think there are such brainwashed idiots sharing our “interwebs”! roflmao!

Thanks Chips for going in the dark evil dungeon and retrieving those “pearls”. LOL.

19. October 5, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Sucks..I was hoping she would run. Look at the candidates the GOP has left! Willard (Mittens) will be the nominee, they are stuck with him.
    What an inspiration he will be (NOT).

20. 47 Uche
    October 5, 2011 at 7:47 pm

OT: Apple annouunces Steve Jobs is dead. Sad indeed! What an icon…he changed the way the world communicates. Prayers to his family.

21. 49 tao jones
    October 5, 2011 at 7:49 pm

The traditional media is the enemy. The Palin debacle is only the most venal example. Keep an eye on the occupy Wall Street protests. We are on the verge of a fundamental shift in our country.

October 5, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Steve Jobs has died from cancer.

• 51 Linda
      October 5, 2011 at 7:58 pm

OMG….This is so sad………RIP Steve…

I just got the chills.

• 52 JoJothecat
      October 5, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Agreed. An amazing ICON of the 20th and 21st century. He was a pioneer that brought computers to the masses. Just think about 1978 -80 is when the Apple II came on the scene then a few years later the MAC. In 1985 I remember working for a small business that purchased a MAC for their Inventory and accounting functions. It was so fun to use. Steve Jobs had icons to click on function back in 1985 what we are doing everyday in 2011. May he RIP and prayers to his family.

• 53 Pamela
      October 5, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Oh no. Oh man. Thank you, Steve Jobs, for your brilliance, I hope you know how much your work is appreciated each and everyday! Thank you.

23. 56 HZ
    October 5, 2011 at 8:10 pm

What a person to remember in our world. May he rest in peace.HZ

24. 57 anniebella
    October 5, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Palin is not running. All I have to say is so long. Is she going back to Alaska?

October 5, 2011 at 8:21 pm

About that stupid sign, “our black guy is smarter than their black guy”. You know these right wing nuts is just crazy. There is no other way to put it. Explain to me how Cain is smarter than Obama. Because he made pizzas.

• 59 JoJothecat
        October 5, 2011 at 8:26 pm

He’s a beness man who can make big decisions about beness. He’s a christian who will bring gospel beats in all the national songs – hail to the lord, the gospel anthem, etc. I would love to see Obama debate Cain…can you see Cain getting all confused and babbling about things he knows absolutely nothing about. He has no experience in foreign policy and he will do whatever Glenn Beck and Rush Limpballs tells him to do.

25. 60 Olivia
    October 5, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Dammit!!! Now who the hell am I going to vote for in 2012?!! TOTALLY KIDDING :D
    VIVA OBAMA BIDEN 2012

26. 61 Obama Grandmama
    October 5, 2011 at 9:37 pm

The comments by Palin’s supporters are pathetic. It sure took them a long time to figure her out. Looking at her record of quitting many jobs even prior to the AK Governorship because she didn’t like the job or it was too hard should be the first sign not taking many more to figure her out.

I cannot figure out the support Cain movement in that party since there are so many racist symptoms I have seen from the tea party. We need to research Cain now so we can make him as volnurable as Perry.

• October 6, 2011 at 1:00 am

I think for them Cain represents the person who can take down Barack Obama.. merely because they are both black, once again they show their racist mindset.. its beyond stupid. they are willing to elect the ‘black guy’ they can control to get rid of the one they can’t. Its a damn sickness, the racism.

27. October 5, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Well that news cycle didn’t last long. I know she couldn’t predict what happened but really, could it have happened any better than getting dumped about 5 seconds after she made her announcement. Wonder what she will do to bring attemtion back to herself. And to those who kept giving her money all summer waiting for announcement……..STUPID!!!!!!

28. 64 Pamela
    October 5, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Who is Sarah Palin?

29. 66 joyce
    October 5, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Cain is just a puppet for the republican/teaparty. Who takes a whole month off in the heat of a major campaign? He is not a leader.

October 5, 2011 at 10:53 pm

While I have no sympathy for Michael Steele, you saw how the Republicans did him. Kick his black tail to the curve. And they will do Cain the same way. I hope the pizza man is not fooling himself, I am willing to bet he won’t be the Republican nominee.

30. October 6, 2011 at 12:56 am

Wow I just now read the comments from her ‘supporters’… at first I felt a little sad for them.. but.. While I think she’s a POS & always has been, I think her supporters are a rather weak bunch too.. so they were all gaga to elect her to run the country but when she opts out- they’re ready to trash her. She & her supporters are one in the same- no loyalty to one another nor apparently to this country. Cain indeed.. good grief, he couldn’t find his way out of a paper bag imo, but then I think each of the republican ‘candidates’ is about as dumb as that rock Perry’s been hanging onto. Gawd I’m amazed by how foolish some folks have become, evolution may well be bypassing some bits of America.

31. 69 Esmerelda
    October 6, 2011 at 7:09 am

Where is the muppet photo?!