Oct

woot! (and other news)

Keith Humphreys (Washington Monthly): …. the Obamas have a magic about them as a couple to which most people respond positively. If you go to any event where the Obamas are standing next to each other, turn around and look at the crowd and you will see many people – especially women – smiling.

…. Last week a friend and I were reminiscing about a White House holiday party that we both attended. My friend jumped up from his chair and asked “Did you notice how differently he stands when Michelle is next to him? He then mimicked the President perfectly, standing stiffly and intoning “Here I am the boring, aloof, professor alone at the lectern”. Then, shifting his feet as if he were mid-strut, throwing back his shoulders and smiling broadly he said “And here I am with this incredibly fabulous babe that I got to marry me – oh yeah!”.

That’s the truth of it. When the President is with his wife, his humanity comes out in a way that it often does not in other circumstances. The facade of the distant academic cracks open, revealing that skinny, accessible and idealistic young man who is still happily ensorcelled by his brilliant companion. And at that moment, many people in our cynical, brutal and heartless electoral process pause for a moment and remember that Barack Obama is a human being, and they like him.

Full post here

More photos in post from earlier today – here

The Hill: Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said he will schedule a vote to proceed to a $35 billion jobs bill on Friday. “We’re going to make sure there’s a vote on our bill this week,” Reid said.

The $35 billion measure would direct federal funds to states to prevent layoffs of teachers, police officers and firefighters.

Democrats estimate the legislation will save or create 400,000 jobs. Most of the funding, $30 billion, would go to teachers. First responders would get $5 billion.

It would be paid for by a 0.5 percent tax increase on income over $1 million.

A photo and poster of President Barack Obama hang on a door as Obama 2012 campaign volunteer Daniel Hertlein exits following the grand opening of the Georgia Democratic Party’s new headquarters, Oct. 19, in Atlanta. Democratic National Committee chairwoman and Florida Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz says her party isn’t conceding any corner of the country in the 2012 presidential election. She says there is a growing groundswell of Democratic momentum in the state and region, bolstered by the area’s changing demographics.

Was ‘Dick’ Halperin’s Time Page hacked today by an impartial reporter – or does even he realize his relentless negative reporting on the President has become a little embarrassing?

Presumably he’ll be back to normal soon.

President Obama, on his return to the White House from his tour of North Carolina and Virginia, tells members of the media that the pumpkins he bought will be driven to Washington

President Obama opens a door to the West Wing for National Security Council Senior Director for Europe Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall after returning to the White House

Here’s the woot!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, you very, very kind people – that figure is, well, crazy!

I know these are seriously tough times for so many of you, so I honestly do hate asking, but if you’re able, could you help me celebrate by contributing $5, or whatever you can, to The Obama Diary Obama/Biden 2012 fundraising page at OFA (here)? Whenever you can. Thanks everyone.

The Drive for Five!

The incomparable Donna Dem will always be TOD’s fundraising Queen, and in future I’ll use her OFA page for our fundraising drives, this is just to celebrate that 5 million.

Thanks again everyone for your support and company, love ya.

173 Responses to “woot! (and other news)”

1. 1 CTGirl
    October 19, 2011 at 3:31 pm

I remember how happy we were when you hit the 1mil mark and now look at you, 5mil! Loving it!

2. October 19, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Oooh! CONGRATULATIONS, Ms Chips! :lol: :lol: You are here to stay.

3. 9 Debz
    October 19, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Congratulations on the number of hits !!!!!!!!!! 5 million!!!! :-) :-) :-)

4. 11 CTGirl
    October 19, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Oh! As soon as I get home I will do my part to get to the $5000 mark!

5. 13 PoliticalJunkessa
    October 19, 2011 at 3:35 pm

I will definitely contribute tonight, Chips! You deserve this and more :mrgreen:

• October 19, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Thank you Debz, CT and PJ – a trio of treasures!

• October 19, 2011 at 8:36 pm

CHIPS I and some of my Trucking partners will help out after do our statements on this last run.I have to keep the books straight so when donate to Our President the crooks that be can’t find anything wrong.when I close out my year I’M giving on the monthly plan until 11/05/2012 because our President is the Greatest.Leaving San Gabriel,CA heading to Phoenix,AZ take a rest then on to HOUSTON have a great night.YES WE CAN DO IT AGAIN>

6. October 19, 2011 at 3:35 pm

For those of you who care:
    MSNBC announced Wednesday that it is making a major change to its lineup.

Starting Monday, “The Ed Show” will be moved to the prime 8 PM slot. Lawrence O’Donnell’s “The Last Word” will be moved to 10 PM, where it began before it was shifted to 8 PM following Keith Olbermann’s departure from the network.

Rachel Maddow, the network’s highest-rated host, will stay where she is at 9 PM.

• October 19, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I wonder what’s up with the shift?

• 24 PoliticalJunkessa
      October 19, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Wonder why. Maybe they think Ed’s *seemingly* more populist, every-man message is more appropriate for 8pm, and may garner a bigger audience — especially with on-scene involvement in places like Wisconsin and Ohio, etc. Lawrence is a little more cerebral, I guess.

October 19, 2011 at 4:48 pm

I’d rather see Rev. Al have the prime 8 p.m. slot – and maybe he will soon, if we all give him the ratings he deserves. His show is not only factual and entertaining, it’s the only one that doesn’t raise blood pressure!!!! His takedowns and gotchas are epic.

7. 30 a4alice
    October 19, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Happy to Chips! Wish it could have been more – but here’s to you and all you do for us Thanks so much! :-)

8. October 19, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Chips, congratulations many times over. If more people understood what your bring to this site, that number would be ten times as much. Without doubt this is the most energetic, relevant and superbly managed site on the internet. I threw in a contribution to your page. Will give more later. Love you for all you do.

9. 32 Me4obama
    October 19, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Congratulations Chips, am afraid we are going GLOBAL :sad: :sad: you really put so much work on this wonderful blog and it’s paying off.

10. 33 SarahT
    October 19, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Mazel Tov !

11. October 19, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Start calling your senators.

Senate will hold vote Friday for 35 billion dollar jobs package!

12. October 19, 2011 at 3:47 pm

a new follower here, but congrats on the BIG numbers and a bang up job on following the President and First Lady as they tour Virginia and remind people that they are on the job and trying to create jobs! keep up the good reporting.

13. October 19, 2011 at 3:49 pm

The Senate on Tuesday confirmed the nomination of Robert Mariani to fill an emergency U.S. district court vacancy in the Middle District of Pennsylvania by a vote of 82-17.

By unanimous consent the chamber also confirmed Robert Scola to be U.S. District Judge for the Southern District of Florida and Mark Raymond Hornak to be U.S. District Judge for the Western District of Pennsylvania.

14. October 19, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Oh my goodnees!! Chipsticks!!! 5 Million…congrats babe!!

October 19, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Seriously, Chips! 5 million + !!! That is MORE than awesome….TOD army to be sure!

16. October 19, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Congrats on 3 million chipster Rama!
    I give with a check every month, sorry it does not show up on your counter.

If one if you get over 50k, you become a bundler!

17. 55 m
    October 19, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Congrats Chips! You are the greatest and we all love you so!

18. 56 ChristiMtl
    October 19, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Congratulations Chips! wow 5 millions +, it’s very impressive.

19. 58 meabloom
    October 19, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Chile, TOD is HOT stuff. 5 million?? Go ahead! LOL.
    Congrats!

Obama/Biden2012

October 19, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Woot! Woot! WhoooooHOOOOOOO!!!! Hot Damn! 5 million? Hell yes! Congratulations Chips. Love your method of celebration. :D

21. 62 dotster3
    October 19, 2011 at 4:16 pm

I celebrated with my little contribution. Husband’s always crabbing about all my “celebrating”, but I’ll just explain that it was this awesome occasion, chips hit 5 mill, and he’ll look all confused, and then I will change the subject real fast and voila!—-got away with it again. Congrats chips! So thankful for this awesome little oasis you provide!

22. 64 L3
    October 19, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Congrats Chipsticks and I will happily contribute my $5 today!

23. October 19, 2011 at 4:21 pm

I just looked at chips counter, she is already plus 145.

24. 67 Fred
    October 19, 2011 at 4:22 pm

congratulations Chip ;)

25. 69 Fred
    October 19, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Herman Cain And Mitt Romney Used Campaign Funds To Enrich Themselves And Their Associates

26. 70 Fred
    October 19, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Allen West: Occupy Wall Street Has Ties To Communists, Nazis, MLK Would Not Have Supported It

27. October 19, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Yes I understand the part about The President lighting up when the First Lady is there but this ridiculous notion that he’s boring and aloof without her is just plain wrong. Or was that another President Obama I just saw on the bus tour? How many times are they going to recycle that tired line?

• 79 xtine
      October 19, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Was thinking the same thing! Debunk it!

October 19, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Yes, they are a radiant couple and radiant individually. Those who deny that are green-eyed, jealous monsters.

• 81 Debz
      October 19, 2011 at 4:52 pm

They use that tired line constantly. There is nothing aloof about him. I also getting tired of these people using the First Lady as a means of stabbing PBO in the back. I watched LOD yesterday and that Alex person was using FLOTUS as a means to insinuate that POTUS is weak and has no backbone.

• 82 Sue in Minnesota
      October 19, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I have become so ultra sensitive to attempts to deflect from what is true and honorable about our great President. Even though I truly believe Michelle is his eqaul in every respect and theirs is a love affair to delight in, to emulate and even to envy just a little, he is not less than without her, he is greater than with her. I know I need to get thicker skinned, but it seems like such a waste of energy and demonstrates such a lack of integrity to always look for ways to attempt to diminsh the truth that Barack Obama is an exceptional and remarkable being. America needs an attitude adjustment….right now!

• 83 Debz
        October 19, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Those are my feelings exactly, Sue. You must be reading my mind. They just can not admit that what they are seeing is real true love. Each of these wonderful people are special on their own they don’t “need” each other to be complete or better. They are just the perfect couple who happen to be in love.

• October 19, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Guess what, Sister Sue, I’m finding it easier to ignore their ignorance when they throw in what amounts to untrue negative criticism. The flip side of that is that I also don’t rate their positive opinions too highly. I think in the words of the kids when they weren’t impressed – ‘Yeah, whatever.’

Happy to see you back more often! :lol: Makes me think of Joan K S, and my hope that her recovery is moving along without any complications.

• 85 Sue in Minnesota
          October 19, 2011 at 7:29 pm

You are my sister vcprezofan2, my smarter and wiser sister! I rely on so many here to steel my resolve, I think ‘whatever’ is good advice…so I am going to emulate you and strive to let the baseless, factless, mean spirited flack roll.

I also have been thinking about Joan, I hope and pray everything went smoothly for her. At 82 she deserves to have everyday be a good day.

• 86 dotster3
      October 19, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Once again, I agree. I love to see the two of them together too——ever since that “terrorist” fist bump and the way they looked into each other’s eyes—-oh SIGH!—–and Obama is a little looser in her presence, a kidding, endearing personality emerges. But I have never ever ever been bored or disappointed in any way with President Obama when he appears all by himself. In fact, some of his most historic, beautiful moments have been when he is all alone up there being an amazing President of the United States. So I don’t understand this NEED that some are trying to put forth. I want to see the two of them together at times also, but President Obama is plenty splendid all by himself.

28. 87 Alycee (@jazziz2)
    October 19, 2011 at 4:29 pm

You know you are an Obamabot when you can (1) articulate PBO’s policies and positions, in your own words, almost as well as he can; (2) pick-up the little regional content changes and nuances when listening to PBO speak; and (3) you can fill in your 16 digit CC# and expiration date from memory when completing your donation form! LOL!

Chips, CONGRATs and thanks for all you do to keep us educated, entertained, and SANE! Gave you my five and a little extra in honor of those who want to give but can’t. Love ya!

29. 95 Mary Gray
    October 19, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Thanks for all you do tosupport this wonderful POTUS. Will add to the kitty now.

30. 97 Andogriff
    October 19, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Fantastic news, Ms Chips! Congrats on 5 Mil, no one deserves it more than you! Thanks again for all you do.

31. 99 Keith in C-buc, Ohio
    October 19, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Congratulations Chips. My pops is one of those new hits contributing to your 5mil. Wait and see what happens when we are in full campaign mode. :grin:

32. October 19, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Courage always pays off– and by the way, we have your back, too

33. October 19, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Five Million Chips??????? wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, you go Girllllllllllllllllll, I’m so proud of you, you are dead on It, my Friend :-) CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D

34. October 19, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Perry to call for flat tax, which would raise revenue by a national sales tax and eliminate income tax.
    Yuck!

35. 107 meabloom
    October 19, 2011 at 5:01 pm

OK, One Question:: Why is Mitts wife an elephant with the biggest tatas I have seen?? That is toooOooo funny.

36. October 19, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Congratulations on all those hits! I’m helping along by showing up so often. :)

I’ll be able to donate at the beginning of the month, but I’ll do it this time to that page. It’s all ends up in the same pocket………….What a winner this blog has turned out to be!

37. October 19, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Lol- so Julie mason, is at it again, says that the President left the pizzaria and shook a few hands, but one middle aged fellow was texting while he shook the Presidrnts hand,

Omg! Is this news?

38. 115 dotster3
    October 19, 2011 at 5:14 pm

That snot pot, Julie Mason (has “issues” regarding skin tone, Obama’s primarily), has written another dumb, trashy Obama piece in GOPolitico again. She is all fake worried that he “sounded tired” giving “the same speech he’s delivered multiple times”. She included these not so subtle criticisms: “he said somewhat robotically”; “gone were the firery tones, the slight southern twang, the rousing mock-outrage at balky Republicans”. She was concerned that “even the applause sounded a little listless”. She was so concerned that she wondered if the problem might be “the rain?” “the repetition?” “the junk food?” And then there was this telling sign that something bad was happening—-mentioning the “punctuality of the chronically tardy president”. Then! she thinks she may have found the answer to this disturbing development: “he spoke without a teleprompter”! In any case, she is really worried, so overly concerned that “this may not bode well for his stamina with a long, difficult campaign”. What a pile of junk that was. Shameful. Wasteful. Garbage.

• October 19, 2011 at 5:21 pm

She is obviously being paid to copy Shawn Hannity! Obvious.

• 117 theo67
      October 19, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Maybe she needs to go back to 2008 and see what kind of stamina this President has. People like this aren’t worth listening to, because there’s not a modicum of truth in what they’re saying. They’re agenda is transparent.

• 118 Sue in Minnesota
      October 19, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Let me just say, with absolute lack of grace or class….FUCK YOU JULIE MASON. Maybe she should spend more time worrying about her own nasty attitude.

39. 125 CTGirl
    October 19, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Chips, are you sure that was little Dicky Halperin? What did he smoke today? :-)

40. 126 holymoly
    October 19, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Congrats chipsticks !
    You are one in a million, i hope at some stage during president Obama’s terms you get a special invite to the Whitehouse.

Yes i agree ‘YOU’VE GONE GLOBAL!! :lol: :mrgreen:

41. 127 donna dem 4 obama
    October 19, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Donated!!!!!!

Way to go Chips!!!

42. 128 Sue in Minnesota
    October 19, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Chica, 5,000,000 isn’t crazy…it’s because you have created the best damn blog in the universe. Thank you for all that you do for us each and everyday. You keep us informed, connected, inspired, united and determined to do all the good that we can on behalf of our President and FLOTUS our country and one another. You are an angel.

Tossed in $50.00 with great pleasure, Alycee has me nodding in agreement about having my CC# commited to memory. Wish I could send more, but will find ways to send more in the future. Thank you everyone for digging deep.

43. October 19, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Wait. This ain’t right- Southwest airlines is going to charge people who are obese- the cost of two seats.
    It’s getting ugly out there!

44. October 19, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Chips, Chica, I just thought of something while I was cooking supper. Reflecting on the 5K+ hits, I was feeling quite happy AND proud of TOD when it dawned on me that with the increased activity of our family on Twitter, and the resultant increase in visits here, there has no doubt been an increase in trollish folk to our haven. In short, you must have been working triple time to weed out the unbalanced!!! I sure hope you haven’t been weighed down with too much negativity! So, in case they have been coming at you in the last few days, here’s some love to help banish their darkness. Love & Hugs {{{{Chips}}}}. :lol: :lol:

THANKS for this spot where POTUS, FLOTUS, and the entire administration can have their work, and their worth to the nation, truthfully acknowledged! Thanks for this venue where we can admit our political addiction ;) without being attacked. The irrational participants notwithstanding, I sure hope you get as much DAILY satisfaction and laughs out of your work here as we do! Muchas gracias, Chica. Merci mille fois, Ma Petite! Thanks!

45. October 19, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Chips, I clicked on the donate link in the upper right hand corner with PBO’s photo and donated. I hope that was was the right place. :)

46. October 19, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Chip should have one of those counters at the top of his page like OFA does. Ooooooo!

She is over 3600, in two hours worth of posting, Just over 500 buckeroos.

47. 137 halo
    October 19, 2011 at 5:41 pm

FIVE MILLION!! CONGRATS, CHIPSTICKS!

48. October 19, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Julie mason and Joan Walsh- Salem Witches.
    Somebody should consider binding there powers of being b*tches!

49. October 19, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Woohoo congrats on your 5 mil+ mark Chips !! I’ve been without internet all dang day- thought I’d go through withdrawels soon~ happy to donate too :) thank you for providing us with so much news, facts and POTUS.

50. 141 Fred
    October 19, 2011 at 5:59 pm

I sure as hell won’t be defending “brother” Vermin if Perry meant it as an insult :roll:

Rick Perry Calls Herman Cain ‘Brother,’ Calls Mitt Romney ‘Sir’ (VIDEO)

51. October 19, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Chip is nearing the 4k sqib mark!

52. October 19, 2011 at 6:04 pm

I just happened to notice you were getting awfully close to 5M the other day and then POOOOF!! Big congrats, Chips. You are providing an incredible service and community. Won’t be long until that doubles, I’m sure!
    (I’m listening to the Coronas right now, which always reminds me of Dublin. SIGH.)

53. October 19, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Holy Hannah, Chips! Extraordinary and congratulations. 5 mil…wow. You deserve every single visit.

54. October 19, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Oooooooh, Sweet Jesus — Five Million!! Wow!!

We know for sure it is more than five million, especially when you spend precious time swatting away the nasty flies that are doing their best to get their little tenticles in here.

Congratulations, Chips. This little corner is something to be very very proud of.

Thank you!!

Woot!!!!!

55. 148 CTGirl
    October 19, 2011 at 6:11 pm

That 1st pick is something else…look at the way they are looking at each other (especially the president)…it must have been a long 3 days :-)

56. October 19, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Hi Chips,

Congratulations. I have contributed to the 5 million. I am here lurking several times every day. I am from Trinidad so I cannot contribute. Really wish I could. I follow your politics so closely I feel like I am an American. Anyhow I know you will raise a lot of money for PBO.

OT Does anyone know whether Cain has a wife?

• 150 L3
      October 19, 2011 at 6:27 pm

He does. I was just reading that she is a very private person and has chosen deliberately to remain out of the spotlight. Her friends and church are helping to guard her privacy. If I was his wife I’d be embarrassed for anyone to know it.

57. October 19, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Biden joined Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), Senate Democratic Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), and Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) at a campaign-like rally that packed the Senate Russell building’s famous caucus room.

Biden asserted that even many millionaires are willing pay more in taxes to pay to keep teachers, police officers and firefighters in their jobs.

Biden said millionaires “know it’s the equitable thing to do.”

“But these guys want to curry favor with guys who aren’t even asking for it,” Biden said.

“So I say to the American people, watch your senator, watch him or her choose,” Biden told the crowd, many of them wearing yellow International Association of Fire Fighters tee shirts.

“Are you going to put 400,000 school teachers back in classrooms, are you going to put 18,000 cops back on the street and 7,000 firefighters back in the firehouses? Or are you going to save people with average incomes of $1 million a one-half of 1 percent increase on tax on every dollar they make over a million?” Biden said.

Hill-

58. October 19, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Hi Chips,

I know you have a photo in the cupboard.

59. 153 Dakota
    October 19, 2011 at 6:39 pm

5 Million!!!!!!!

Congrats Chips! I’m not surprised though…this place rocks! Thank you!

60. October 19, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Hello Chipsticks and TOD family – wow, we reached the 5 million mark. That is impressive. I haven’t posted much lately, but I check in every day – usually after everyone has gone to bed. I always find the videos I missed during the day and I am forever grateful for this great site. My days are spent organizing my 5 communities, and I am happy to report that activity is increasing everywhere. The candidacy of Elizabeth Warren here in Massachusetts has added to the heightened interest. But I am also noticing a defiite shift in people’s attitudes. We had a voter registration event last Saturday, and the enthusiasm was palpable. One young man registered to vote and immediately took a clipboard and started getting others registered. I haven’t seen that level of participation since 2008. I am glad to see a new fundraising page – I’ll gladly donate to the TOD page since my own fundraising efforts never seem to go anywhere. Chipsticks, thank you – I would be lost without you.

• October 19, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Hgerhard, thank YOU for your continued work in the trenches! It’s good to hear from you periodically and to know that enthusiasm is building, even as the media president loses his base.

• October 19, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Hgerhard, I can’t thank you enough for giving us such an encouraging report about voter registration, it’s volunteers like you who will make all the difference in 2012. Hey, this place – and the President! – would be lost without you! Thank you so much Hgerhard.

• 157 EDP4BHO
      October 19, 2011 at 7:57 pm

That is great news, after sitting here listening to local radio and the hosts lamenting the President should have done jobs before health care; that young people are not as enthused as they were in ’08 (notably AA young people); the unemployment will not go down by the election, ya ya ya ya. I turned them off. The co-host has always been a doubter and said PBO is finally doing something right for the first time in the AJA. God awful is he. One of those libruls, so negative all the time. He believes PBO will win but why didn’t people come out in 2010. The main host says PBO will win but they both are a pain in the ass. Apparently they don’t read the blogs enough. As before, we have our work cut out. And Chips, you’re kicking butt and taking names :-D

61. October 19, 2011 at 6:54 pm

My tweet:

@polito @juliemason Ms Mason is acceptg money 4 the poorest reportg w/o context/substance on PBO activities, demeanor or effectiveness!

62. 160 CEB
    October 19, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Chips, congrats on the “Woot” !

Donated to the TOD page in celebration and solidarity.

Love the site; it is my daily treat. I feel uplifted, informed, energized, inspired and often amused after visiting.

Go Chips and the TOD family!

Obama/Biden 2012, woot!

63. October 19, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Congratulations Chips – it’s a pleasure to come here after a long day at work and see the beautiful photos of our President and FLOTUS. I love reading the comments and the TOD family always has the best links for up to date info. Thanks for all you do – I’d be lost without the positivity of this blog.

64. 164 Ladyhawke
    October 19, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Chips, congratulations on reaching five million hits. You’re a shining star. The TOD family is bursting with pride. You are loved and admired for creating this special place. It’s a haven from a hostile world. Thank you so much.

65. October 19, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Wow, Chips congrats on 5 mill and still counting…this is simply amazing.

I’m so proud that I found this site whiich have allowed me to become part of a community where, when times get tough we shore up one another to get us through and on to the next battle.

This site and others on the Blog Roll have become my Oasis.

I also just made my contribution to your goal of $5,000.

Thanks Chips for you dedication!

66. October 19, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Yes, Wow Chipsticks. I told you that you are the beautiful best one!!! I just made my donation. Just getting to my computer. Dr. Appts. most of day and then special food shopping. Tired. But I had to come to my family. And I saw this one, and CONGRATULATION our Chipsticks!!!

I did not have much, but I just gave what I have from my heart. Lets keep it going. Oh, Chips, I am so happy. I say quiet thoughts each day for this beautiful have. Thanks for ALL that you do for all of us. I appreciate you so much.HZ

67. October 19, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Congratulations Chips!!! Way to go dear one….You inspire me to keep pressing on…

I am forever grateful for this site..where I can come after a tough day and negativity, you keep me sane with your wonderful words, pictures and videos of our great leader President Obama and First Lady. I will do whatever I can to help in re-electing PBO, I’ve been on the ground lately volunteering and pushing for the AJA, I think of you and the wonderful people on this site that contribute so much in making TOD a success

Thanks a Million Chips!!! and a Million more hits to come..I am so happy for you:-)

((Hugs))

68. 168 smoothscotch
    October 19, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Hi,

I said before I love this site. Am I allowed to contribute as I am not American? I know I’m not allowed to politically, but I hope you guys raise a lot of $ for the, IMHO, the “only adult in the room”.

69. 169 Walking_on_ Sunshine
    October 20, 2011 at 12:34 am

Congratulations Ms. Chips!! 5 mill! I added a little to the pot in celebration. Thank you for everything you do :)

70. 170 Titti
    October 20, 2011 at 5:40 am

Congrats Chips, you are doing a ‘bang up job’, thanks for all you do. You guys are the best, I’ve laughed and cried just reading the comments alone. I know it’s upwards and onwards as we approach 2012!!

71. 172 sjterrid
    October 20, 2011 at 6:33 am

Congratulations on the 5 million hits, Chips. I donated $10 to your fundraiser page..