Oct

a million strong

Link

If you can, please join the TOD Drive for Five (Thousand)

Thank you, you ridiculously good people ;-)

41 Responses to “a million strong”

1. 1 Bobfr
    October 20, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Congratulations Chipsticks and TODers!!!

And, congratulations to our President Obama for instituting a foreign policy that all Americans can be proud. As for the other guys:

Our4thEstate Bobfr
    To all #NEOCONSTERS – George&Dick I’m looking straight at you – instead of your criminal assault on Iraq, PresObama enabled Libyan freedom

#PRESSON

2. October 20, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Ha I was just playing with this.. and put in different names, including “Barack” and guess what? Two Baracks gave to OFA :)

3. 4 dotster3
    October 20, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Surprised to learn that there were 773 people with my name, not a unique name but not so common either, who donated in Illinois. People with my name are nice and so smart. :) Have had some fun checking out the number of donors in different states. You get an idea where we need to concentrate efforts. Wide disparity in number of donors.

4. October 20, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Hope everyone is having a good day :D

5. October 20, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Chips it looks like we will reach today if we haven’t already. Booo Yahhhh!

6. October 20, 2011 at 3:27 pm

I got the email. 95 people with my name — which I thought was a lot :mrgreen:

Cute cyber-feature by the campaign.

7. 12 Ladyhawke
    October 20, 2011 at 3:30 pm

“SENATE VOTE ON JOBS SHOULD BE PRACTICALLY UNANIMOUS”

A simple choice on jobs

==================

If reality had any meaning at all, this vote would be practically unanimous. Instead, it’s going to fail. If Americans aren’t satisfied with this outcome, they’re going to have to say so.

8. 13 Me4obama
    October 20, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Who needs the MSM? Please spread this on Twitter to all the jackal corporate Media.

The best headlines for AJA from the Bus tour

• 14 Ladyhawke
      October 20, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Beautiful, that’s how you circumvent the media firewall. The media is so in the tank for the GOP, they are completely useless. I am thrilled to see this. This White House is just amazing.

9. October 20, 2011 at 3:51 pm

i didn’t believe it b4, but i believe it now, Marco Rubio is auditioning to become VP. He’s on CNN now speaking shit over Libya

10. 19 dotster3
    October 20, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Listen to Martin Bashir’s questions. There’s more wisdom and truth in his questions than there is in any of the answers he elicits. Clever to the max.

11. October 20, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Donations from 2,145 folks named Gloria! I’m over 80. In newborn naming circles Gloria has not been a popular choice for many, many years. Looks like a lot more seniors are firmly seated aboard the O train than suggested by the “polls.”

12. 21 Ladyhawke
    October 20, 2011 at 4:00 pm

With The Death Of Gaddafi, Obama Again Makes Fools Of His GOP Critics

===============================

The Republican candidates look like fools today. They are so busy pandering to their base, and criticizing everything that Obama does that they reveal themselves to be completely devoid of strength, and unfit for leadership.

The events in Libya today demonstrate the importance of sound leadership and decision making. Obama led. He took a risk by leading a war fatigued nation into a coalition in a far off land.

President Obama did it because it was the right thing to do. He made sure that our nation stood up for the values of freedom and liberty that our country was founded on. He led in a way that none of the current Republican candidates have the courage to, and he made it obvious why none of the individuals seeking the Republican nomination deserve to be president.

Republicans criticize Obama for being a follower instead of a leader, but the reality is that Obama is leading this nation, while the GOP continues to follow and pander to the far right conservative movement.

Gaddafi is dead. Obama has gotten another one, and the bumbling Republicans look like fools again.

================================

13. October 20, 2011 at 4:02 pm

We could do this money bomb once a month! Set a goal, and I am sure TOD will hit it!

14. October 20, 2011 at 4:10 pm

The reporter asked Joe if their will be more rapes if the republicans block the jobs bill?

Joe said, don’t screw around with me!

Lol!

Right wing going crazy!

15. 24 GGail
    October 20, 2011 at 4:14 pm

There are 1,712 people with my name! I was astounded when I received my email !!!! And we are almost at Chipsticks goal!!!! Come on people, $10.00 – even $5.00 each will help us to reach our goal of $5,000.

PRESS ON!!!!!!!

16. October 20, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Here we go again-
    Ron Paul on for the full hour on MTP.

Has Gregory co opted Republican media to NBC!

17. 27 Ladyhawke
    October 20, 2011 at 4:16 pm

TIME TO EDUCATE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE & REP KEVIN MCCARTHY ON THE “FILIBUSTER”

I want the White House and the Democrats to come up with someway to explain the filibuster so that a fifth grader understands it. The American people need to understand exactly what the filibuster is and how the Republican Party has used it to make our government dysfunctional. Actually, I think most Americans need a refresher course in basic United States government 101. Apparently, Republican Congressman Kevin McCarthy is one of the many Americans who has no idea what a filibuster is.

Has Rep. McCarthy Ever Heard Of The Filibuster?

======================================

Earlier this week, it was Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) claiming that Republicans haven’t obstructed President Obama’s legislative priorities. This morning, it was House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy’s (R-CA) turn to deceive about the GOP’s stonewall tactics. But while McConnell was flat-out lying when he said Obama “got everything he wanted” for two years, McCarthy seems to honestly not understand how the U.S. Senate works.

======================================

18. 28 carolyn
    October 20, 2011 at 4:17 pm

3,203 of my name, Carolyn. Most of the Carolyns I know are within five to six years of my age….I’m 71…..the oldsters are pressing on! There are 58 Darwins, my husband’s name, and 6,204 from Oklahoma….to me, that’s encouraging. Not a big percentage of the pop, but more than I’d hoped for. These people do such creative things with their stats…..don’t we all like to know about other people with our name?

19. October 20, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Get this- Congress celebrates gadaffis death by suing the Obama administration on the war powers act over Libya.
    You just can’t make this shit up!
    Jeesh!

20. October 20, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Top 10 States – persons donating:
    1. CA – 147281
    2. NY – 74915
    3. FL – 57302
    4. TX – 53224
    5. IL – 51454
    6. PA – 37873
    7. MD – 35488
    8. VA – 35377
    9. MA – 34445
    10. WA – 33316

21. October 20, 2011 at 4:30 pm

I also think it’s funny Rubio and his GOP brethren called Libya “Obama war in Libya” and yet are pretty quick to dismiss this as a “French and European” win ONLY.

Funny how that works!

22. 38 L3
    October 20, 2011 at 5:03 pm

3,751 people with my name, Lisa, and 28,001 donations from my state Michigan.

October 20, 2011 at 6:48 pm

894 people with my name.

24. 40 a4alice
    October 20, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Let’s see 19,948 donations in mn. 1860 ish people with my name. That’s kinda of a surprise. :-)

25. 41 CEB
    October 20, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Just catching up with the news.

Great to see that my state, Florida, had 57,302 donors (yeah, swing state !).

12% are educators ( I am one) and !6% are retired educators; and finally, 670 donors in Florida share my name. Good to see the love that Florida is sending to PBO. Rick Scott’s crimes against the electorate have gotten people fired up.