Oct

good afternoon

Visit thanksobamacare.org

Original video at Mediaite – thanks Donna Dem

Even Mr Bigot himself, Pat Robertson, thinks the GOP is too extreme. Seriously:

I didn’t actually read Halperin’s lead story about Perry, but I think it refers to his IQ.

I don’t read HuffyPo any more, but I’m guessing it’s looking something like this these days …..

;-)

:oops:

GOPolitico: The Michele Bachmann of political reporting.

72 Responses to “good afternoon”

1. 1 overseasgranny
    October 24, 2011 at 1:34 pm

“One day a farmer’s donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do.

Finally, he decided the animal was old and the well needed to be covered up, anyway. It just wasn’t worth it to retrieve the donkey. He invited all his neighbours to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well.

At first, the donkey realised what was happening and cried horribly.

Then, to everyone’s amazement, he quieted down. A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well and was astonished at what he saw.

With every shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer’s neighbours continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get ouit of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up!”

Glenda Devlin’s Irish Get Up And Go Diary

Though the above doesn’t “feel” like an Irish story to me, I like it and can almost hear echoing calls of “Yea — donkeys of the world unite…” There is a message here for some Democrats as well.

October 24, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Ha! Relating most to the one-quarter of me that is Irish, I loved that! Yes, we Democrats will always get up and go! Even the President brushes off his shoulders and walks away, triumphant!

Gonna be a good week.

• October 24, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Lol, what a nice story, i like that :-) Thank you :-)

• 4 theo67
      October 24, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Perfect.

• October 24, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Wonderful, wonderful! Remember that video of candidate Obama brushing the Clinton, et alia, campaign detritus off his shoulders? He shook it off and took a step up all the way to the White House? Alas, he must still do it—and so must we to see that he stays there. Marching boots and shovels!

• 6 Sue in Minnesota
      October 24, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I loved this story…and will retell it again. Proud to say I have a bit of the Irish in me as well.

2. October 24, 2011 at 1:45 pm

WASHINGTON–Hollywood stars are hosting President Obama at high-end fund-raisers on Monday, with Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas opening their Los Angeles home for an event hosted by Eva Longoria aimed at Hispanic donors. That’s according to Variety’s Ted Johnson, over at his Wilshire and Washington blog. Chicago attorney Manny Sanchez is one of the co-hosts. Actor Will Smith is a co-host at a second fund-raiser.

• 8 utaustinliberal
      October 24, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Wonderful news! I hope PBO rakes in a busload of CA$H and makes GOP and GOP Media heads explode in frustrated rage! :lol: :lol:

3. 9 Ladyhawke
    October 24, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Mitch McConnell Blames Obama For The GOP’s Refusal To Create Jobs

4. 12 Me4obama
    October 24, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Can’t wait to here my President take it to the people of Nevada. Fired up ready to listen.

5. 13 theo67
    October 24, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I had to mute most of that video from Reliable Sources, especially when that female pundit was saying that President Obama doesn’t deserve any credit for the successful mission. I have to remind myself not to watch these clips with her on them, because she just makes my blood boil. These Republicans pundits have a nerve talking about the Libyan mission taking “months not weeks” or questioning the success of the mission – when they are sitting on a spectacular failure from former President Bush’s Iraq debacle, which was illegal, cost thousands of US lives, was ill-equipped, cost trillions of dollars, took 9 years, and is being concluded by President Obama. How I hate these people. :evil:

• 14 Mae who love our CIC
      October 24, 2011 at 2:49 pm

don’t hate them , they don’t deserve your emotions. Don’t expend any of your energy on these liars. They will consume themselves by their own deeds.

If you can, focus on silencing them. Press on to the re-election of President Obama.

• 18 L3
      October 24, 2011 at 3:11 pm

You are so right. Tamron was interviewing some idiot, I think his last name was Singh, who kept saying the mission took too long and could have been completed sooner had PBO acted more quickly. Of course he and she both neglected to mention the intervening time was used to get the U.N. Resolution, the support of our allies and the Arab League. While she did challenge him on most of his bullshit, she did not challenge him sufficiently on that point. He reluctantly conceded the mission’s success but I was waiting for Tamron to say you think seven months is long. What about the 9 and 10 year wars that the GOP started and still want to continue? No one consistently and thoroughly challenges these people on their nonsense.

It took as long as it needed to take for the Libyans to claim THEIR victory. It’s not about us (the USA), it’s about them (the LIBYANS).

• 19 Sue in Minnesota
      October 24, 2011 at 4:38 pm

I don’t care for that female pundit. She works for the Blaze, isn’t that Glen Beck’s enterprise? Enough said! Wanted to smack Mr. PBS when he air quoted ‘success’……but you all are right, not worth it to waste valuable energy in their vortex of negativity. Press on.

6. October 24, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Fedex to hire 20k temps for the Holidays!

7. October 24, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I guess Jim Messina and AX is worried that the GOP is getting a pass for the Primary season.
    They are concerned with the lack of Journalism and pointed questions.
    So, they will be providing the Press with op-o research.
    Hmmm!

8. October 24, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Good afternoon Chips and TOD Fam.. two things: First a big loud FU to Arianna Huffington and her BS- and Two: #WeCantWait is trending on twitter :) :) So Hail to the Chief.. and to all of us ~

• 25 TrumpDog
      October 24, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Please everyone, tweet a response to #WeCantWait. The right wingers are trolling it and we need to show stregnth in numbers.

• 26 Debz
        October 24, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I just read on TPM that the RNC created #WeCantWait. That is probably why all the RW trolls are out in force.

• 27 theo67
          October 24, 2011 at 4:22 pm

I read that they co-opted the President’s hashtag to spout their nonsense. They have a nerve – they are the obstructionists, and now they’re saying their tired of waiting? And I saw Mark Knoller claiming that they are saying they want the President to push for passage of their 15 “jobs bills”. I tweeted back that they should have those 15 “jobs bills” assessed by independent analysts, before they start pushing for jobs bills that will create zero jobs, and in fact, will kill thousands of jobs and harm many people.

• October 24, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Hi Debz,

No, I BELIEVE that phrase, or a version of it, is from PBHO’s Sep 8th Joint Session ‘AJA’ Speech, and/or it’s from his ‘AJA’ Job Tour(s)…

I’m paraphrasin’ here: “The American people cannot wait 13 months…”

Don’t you know TeaPUBLICANs don’t have any ideas of their own.

Oh yeah, there’s Luntz.

And, of course, there’s “Copy-cat” Romney! :lol:

YES.WE.CAN…DO.(Much)More, Together!
          PRESS ON!

• October 24, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Hail to the Chief! Hell, he is the Chief!!!

9. October 24, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Don’t know why I’ve got Ed Schultz on while I’m working but he’s begging people to tune into his show at 8 p.m. so he can beat O’Reilly. This should be interesting.

10. 32 nintendowii10
    October 24, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Arianna Bluffington is a fake progressive, a capitalist, a libertarian if you will. I’ve been noticing while her site focuses on negative stories about Republicans, it also features negative stories about President Obama and stories promoting why pot should be legalized.

But foremost, Bluffington is whatever can put money in her wallet, so she decided to pull the wool over liberals’ eyes and pretend to be an angry and concerned progressive, when she is best buddies with Newt Gingrich and Darell Issa. Last time I checked, Newt Gingrich and Darell Issa were NOT progressive or liberals, and you know the saying “birds of a feather,” as well as the one that goes “If it quacks and walks like a duck.”

• 33 utaustinliberal
      October 24, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Arianna is the worst kind of bitch there is. She’s morally corrupt. She’s on a freaking yacht and she dares to criticize President Obama and say he doesn’t have a clue about the 99% and the middleclass. She partners with people like Newt Gingrich, Darrell Issa and tries to pass herself off as a progressive. She uses her website to con people into believing she’s just like them. She allows the worst kind of slurs leveled against President Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, and the First Daughters to litter the comments board. She is only about herself and herself only. She’d do well to stop throwing stones while living in a glass house.

• 34 theo67
        October 24, 2011 at 4:28 pm

In this case, I blame anyone silly (stupid) enough to continue to follow her and what she says after she’s shown her true colors. She’s involved in that dubious “no labels” group, that seems geared to bring forth a primary candidate or run as a third party in 2016 if they come to their senses this election cycle. She’s screwed over her own staff. She’s been anti-Obama since almost immediately after the election. She’s been hounding Secretary Geithner from the beginning.

Yet, she was instrumental in ousting the former governor of California and ushering in Arnold Schwarzenegger. She vacations with Barbara Walters, Newt Gingrich and the rest of those two-faced “celebrities”, and she’s a money-hungry user.

11. October 24, 2011 at 3:05 pm

3,2,1… Democrat Cardoza- a blue dog – is saying this mortgage crisis response is insufficient!
    Gotta love House democrats, me thinks, a lot of House Democrats are Not really Democrats…

• 36 nintendowii10
      October 24, 2011 at 3:08 pm

The last thing we need to be doing are demonizing blue dogs, look how that paid off in the last election… a bunch of Teabags elected in their place.

Remember that a lot of these blue dog Dems represent Republican voters, so they won’t vote in lockstep with President Obama nationally.

Right now, we need to be focusing on the Republicans who are blocking the jobs legislation to make President Obama a one term President, NOT the blue dogs who vote with them maybe 20% of the time at most. Targeting blue dogs is one of the most politically tone deaf strategies possible.

• October 24, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Then tell Cardoza to pipe down! They demonize themselves!
        I have a problem with the whole lot of DC democrats, they have all been there to long!
        IMHO!

• October 24, 2011 at 4:07 pm

No one will see us calling out Blue Dog Dems on this site but the MSM and voters will surely hear Cardoza complaining about Pres. Obama’s plan.

Someone needs to remind this guy that it is an executive order and it can only do so much before he has to go to Congress for money.

• 40 theo67
        October 24, 2011 at 4:34 pm

To be honest, I’m not sure I buy the “better to have a blue dog than a Republican” argument anymore. With a Republican who will vote “no” every time, you can also consistently use that against them. With a blue dog, they water down every bill, and undermine public acceptance of anything a Democrat does. I think it’s harder to walk back the negative effect you get from blue dog obstruction, than it is to square off cleanly with an obstructing Republican. I’m not sure – just so tired of these people who do nothing constructive, and still get cover by being labeled a Democrat.

• 41 Lovepolitics2008
      October 24, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Some of these democrats are not sure President Obama will be reelected so they’re trying to stay away from him instead of supporting him. Self-serving, stupid and counter-productive.They could learn a thing or two from republicans.

• 42 theo67
      October 24, 2011 at 4:32 pm

They’d rather have nothing than something. And they don’t want to do their own jobs to get things moving and change minds in Congress. This is when I agree with those who also say – look at the alternative. Will Romney be putting forward any plan to help homeowners, or will he be creating a climate where investors can snag a bunch of people’s homes on the cheap, even though millions o families will be kicked out on to the streets, still saddled with huge debt and destroyed credit ratings?

12. October 24, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Chip,
    These iba haters write the most desperate trash they can think of.
    They are the ones who are the elitists, they are the ones who are out of touch.
    At some point, the public will just shrug shoulders and say whatever!
    Me thinks, they are overdoing it, people will see through it, if it appears as an act of desperation on a daily basis!
    This will backfire-

13. 45 Bobfr
    October 24, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Our4thEstate Bobfr
    I’m sure the 99%ers are thrilled to know that #GOPemoprog #MsHuffNPuff is bashing PresObama from her yacht in Cannes theobamadiary.com/2011/10/24/goo…

#WeCantWait and We Won’t

14. 46 Ladyhawke
    October 24, 2011 at 3:24 pm

THE NEEDED ‘LIGHT BULB MOMENT’ FOR THE AMERICAN ELECTORATE

Give President Obama a congress he can work with

============================================================

During the first two years of President Obama’s administration, there were bill signings every other week. There was a staggering amount of major accomplishments in energy, health, and education. With a partner and a workhorse like then Speaker Nancy Pelosi things got done. It was astonishing to see so much activity in congress.

Fast forward to 2011 after a devastating defeat in the 2010 midterms, and everything has come to a screeching halt on the domestic front. Absolutely nothing has been done about job creation in the congress. There has been nothing but obstructing, filibustering, delaying candidate confirmations, and hostage taking for GOP ideological demands. There has been a concerted effort by elected officials in the GOP to sabotage the economic recovery.

Imagine what we could have accomplished without the Republican Party obstruction on the domestic agenda.The American people need to ask themselves if President Obama has been so effective in the foreign policy arena because the GOP can not block his foreign policy strategy. What could he do on the domestic front if he did not have the GOP obstruction in congress and had Democratic majorities in both the house and the senate. The question answers itself. And the sooner the American people have that “light bulb” moment and ask that question, the better off we will be. Because what comes next is getting registered to vote and making their voices heard at the ballot box.

Bottom line, the Republican Party has disdain for the American people. Throw the bums out. Give President Obama a congress he can work with for the good of the country.

15. 55 donna dem 4 obama
    October 24, 2011 at 3:35 pm

“The Michele Bachmann of political reporting” – Chips you crack me up girl. I hollered when I saw that :)

16. 56 jeff
    October 24, 2011 at 3:41 pm

The Huffington Post drives me nuts a lot of the time but I still go there, although I often find myself wanting to leave I can’t resist but go back on! It seems like every time Obama does something great Huffington and their allies go out of their way to find ways to diminish it. Its rather disgusting because after declaring we’ll be leaving Iraq the media coverage starts but then fades fast and then they make articles to dimension these successes.

I guess I often seek something, anything positive about the great things Obama did by the media but it seems so scarce. I’ve actually made a log basically comparing coverage on Obama vs the GOP candidates and have found that so far I’ve hit 40 negative articles and media stories about Obama by the press. When it comes to republicans especially the contenders their are “negative” coverage but its more on a neutral level. BTW I am just rating the so called ‘liberal’ side of the media and not Fox News.

• October 24, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Jeff, you’ll feel better and be better informed if you stop going there forever. I used to go there daily in the past, then quit completely after the 2010 election. There’s no way I’ll give Arianna the clicks–she’s a fraud.

• October 24, 2011 at 3:52 pm

She always pulls out the worst photos of PBO, too. Yeah, I stay away and won’t RT a tweet that links to HuffPuff. She grosses me out.

• October 24, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Ha, I thought I was the only one who did that- refuse to retweet any huffpo links.. I also don’t retweet anything from Politico… I try to retweet only stuff I’ve read, and I refuse to go to either of those sites and read their trash.

• 60 jeff
        October 24, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Well I am basically conducting my own polling of all supposed ‘liberal’ news sites like MSNBC and CNN including Huffington Post and rating their coverage vs the republican coverage. I also will next week rate right winged blogs and news sites for two weeks. I want to compare and contrast. Something tells me they aren’t much different than each other when it comes to being against the president and I want to prove it at least to myself.

17. 61 GGail
    October 24, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Chipsticks, this thread is too precious!

Pssst! tell Pat Robertson to be QUIET!

• 62 utaustinliberal
      October 24, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Haha. When a racist, prejudiced, bigot like Robertson thinks the GOP is batshit crazy then one knows the rapture is at hand.

18. 63 Me4obama
    October 24, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Thank goodness I don’t read Huff and puff anymore. I have only 2 places I get my News, TOD and Twitter, that’s all I can handle.

19. 67 Debz
    October 24, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Chipstcks, you are getting some love from ABL on twitter and her blog for your lampooning of GG. LOL :-)

20. October 24, 2011 at 4:08 pm

You. Are. Hi-Larious!

21. October 24, 2011 at 4:09 pm

The loathsome Pat Robertson has it right—probably because he’s quoting a Democrat as we have crashed-and-burned the most from our version of the self-righteously short-sighted fire-bombers. Which brings me to Flaming Emilia’s daddy:

“My late great daddy, a diehard liberal, Southern Democrat and union supporter, always was careful to warn against going too far to the Left politically.

Go too far to the Left, he’d say, and you’ll end up on the Right.”

22. October 24, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Maybe Dems are learning language, because it’s amazing how the Repubs can take a word with care in it and make it negative, but they know how. But if the Dems can make the word Obamacare mean what it says, they will be going a long ways in the message wars.

23. 72 anniebella
    October 24, 2011 at 7:34 pm

How do I get in touch with that witch I can’t stand Arianna Huffington.?