Oct

chat away

President Barack Obama and Jay Leno joke backstage before taping the Tonight Show (Pete Souza)

San Francisco tonight – no sound until 8 seconds in :oops:

The First Lady in Detroit – photos from Anne Savage Photography via Eclectablog

Thanks Hopefruit ;-)

Loved this one from Anne Savage:

First Lady Michelle Obama with Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel at a South Side Walgreens today in Chicago

Chicago Tribune – Read the text of the First Lady’s remarks here – thanks Jovie

First lady Michelle Obama holds up a worm from a compost pile as she visits Iron Street Urban Farm

First Lady Michelle Obama and Mayor Rahm Emanuel greet Newt Gingrich in Chicago

Denver Post: A new statewide poll released today to coincide with President Obama’s trip to Colorado shows the first-term Democrat is more popular than any of his major GOP presidential challengers, particularly among unaffiliated voters and Hispanics, two crucial groups.

…. “At this point in the presidential race, President Obama is running against himself,” Project New West president Jill Hanauer said today. “At the same time, the Republican field is not reaching a majority of Coloradans due to their extreme views in very centrist state where voters vote for the person not the party and the policy vision, not a political ideology.”

…. PNW’s poll showed that 49% of likely Colorado voters view the President in a positive light, compared with 45% who have a negative opinion of him. Comparatively, Mitt Romney has a 40/38 favorable/unfavorable rating, and Rick Perry is underwater with a 29/38 rating.

Importantly, the President is even more popular with unaffiliated voters, who constitute a crucial 29% of the Colorado electorate. 54 percent of unaffiliated voters have positive feelings about the president, compared with 37% who view him negatively. Romney (38/37) and Perry (24/33) have similar ratings among Unaffiliateds as they do with the broader electorate.

The President also remains popular with Hispanic voters, who made up roughly 12% of the Colorado electorate in 2010. Obama has a 59/36 approval/disapproval rating among Colorado Hispanics, compared to 31/35 for Romney and 28/39 for Perry.

Full post here

Thanks Marlz

Go to Political Correction to see an enlarged version of the graphic – ‘A Timeline Of GOP Economic Sabotage’. Thank you BWD.

OMG! Ex-pat GG briefly left Brazil to visit America for an appearance on Maddow to promote his shiny new book! Awesome! It was a complete love-in – Rachel even wrote the huggy blurb on the back of the book! And she nodded knowingly when he went on about the elites who rule America (but she ran out of time before she could ask him about the Koch brothers and GG’s work for their CATO Institute).

Buy the book now!

188 Responses to “chat away”

1. 1 tally
    October 25, 2011 at 6:50 pm

DAMN! I’m tired just reading that schedule!

Too bad AF1 doesn’t have a FF program. ;)

2. 4 LOL
    October 25, 2011 at 7:01 pm

I’m sorry…but I flipping love Rahm…something about a man who sends his opponent a dead fish and does ballet.

Oldie but goodie- The High four and a half…..*wipes tear away from eyes*

• 5 tally
      October 25, 2011 at 7:14 pm

I love Rahm too!!!

October 25, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Me three!

• 7 utaustinliberal
          October 25, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Me four! I absolutely adore him. He defends PBO till he is blue in the face and he takes no BS from anyone; PL or GOP Media alike.

• 8 Mel
          October 25, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Rahm is a brilliant guy, funy and yes if you pissed him off he will give half of his finger. he. he and
          I remember Ariana and the PL wanted for Rahm to be fired WTF? , the usual PBO calm. cool. and
          collect told Ariana to go Cheney herself. Rahm will stay as long as PBO wanted Rahm to stay.

• 9 Me4obama
      October 25, 2011 at 7:23 pm

ROFLMAO, he gave his colleagues a high 41/2 :lol: Michelle looks fabulous as always. I love Rahm too

3. 10 Proud of Obama
    October 25, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Love the first lady’s sweater. And I love Rahm, too.

4. 15 LOL
    October 25, 2011 at 7:13 pm

NYT

The approval rating for Mr. Obama, 46 percent, appears to be elevated by positions he has taken on foreign affairs. Sixty percent of those questioned said they approve of his handling of Iraq, a question added to the poll following his announcement last Friday that American troops would come home by the end of the year.

But I thought foreign policy/Iraq doesn’t matter. Le sigh

October 25, 2011 at 7:16 pm

My president loves to laugh.

• 17 utaustinliberal
      October 25, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Yes he does and it is a gorgeous laugh indeed. FLOTUS looks absolutely gorgeous. That sweater! :)

6. October 25, 2011 at 7:19 pm

This graphic gave me a laugh, the phrase should be tweeted by those who know how.

“That stuff trickling down isn’t jobs.”

October 25, 2011 at 7:19 pm

I have bought some of the Tropicana Orange juice which is on the shelf behind FLOTUS. The blue label means it’s calcium fortified. The orange label means pulp included (or regular). The green label means low acid. I love my orange juice and I will buy some more soon.

8. 27 Insomniac
    October 25, 2011 at 7:31 pm

That video shows perfectly what one of the main things I love about this man…when he speaks the truth to us: quietly, confidently and with conviction. The fiery speeches are great too, but this, this, is what I love most of all.

4 more for 44…I;m all in.

• October 25, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Insomniac, this is what Chuck Todd called “down” this a.m. In other words, PBO has to sing only one note: and it much please Chuck! I sent him a major tweet!!!

9. 31 meabloom
    October 25, 2011 at 7:33 pm

OMG!! FLOTUS looks FAB!! I am in love with that shirt. So Chic! Gotta love her.

10. 33 daisydem
    October 25, 2011 at 7:37 pm

She looks soooooooo stylish! And at the same time, totally relaxed and having loads of fun! How does she do it? I love the hairdo, the sweater, the postures. She is Ms. Cool!

October 25, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Please keep Andy Rooney in your thoughts. He’s hospitalized with serious complications from a minor surgery he had last week.

12. October 25, 2011 at 7:43 pm

I think it’s unanimous — that sweater is to die for! I love it. I’ve been seeing graphic stripes in the stores in that color combo — I may just have to copy my First Lady and pick one up. She looks wonderful.

• 39 proudmemberofglobalzero
      October 25, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Cubans don’t care about immigration because they got theirs. They have the same views as Republicans…they do not care about anyone but themselves.

• 40 Olivia
        October 25, 2011 at 10:02 pm

You are right. I am married to a Cuban. It’s amazing: they just cannot understand that it is not all about them and NO ONE cares about Cuba or Castro outside of South FL. And the old school still carry a grudge against Kennedy (and therefore all Democrats) for the Bay of Pigs debacle). Luckily, my husband voted for Obama in ’08 and appears ready to vote for him in ’12. However, he told me the other day that he would vote for Rubio if he ran for President. Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Although that was before the whole lying thing…

• 41 Mel
        October 25, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Well let me tell you something you might not know THE CUBANS area minority and we American Latinos
        know that most of them are Republicans. and we also know that they do no give a shit about other Latninos.
        The only thing we American Latinos have in comunwith the Cubans in Florida is the MUSIC. so as far as I’am concern I.am not
        worried. and we also know that UNIVISION TV IS OWN and support the REPUBLICANS MexicanAmerica Latinos
        is by far a bigger group so stay calm PBO will have strong support we us.

• October 25, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Oh Wow. It appears tht the repugs are going to let this liar Rubio lead them down the wrong path. I think they have hitched their wagons to the wrong star.

• 43 Me4obama
      October 25, 2011 at 7:58 pm

They will not hide long.

October 25, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I love my First Lady, but I’m not holding any worm. Sorry!

14. 51 Marlz (@marjgra)
    October 25, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Joan Walsh was positive tonight on Hardball. I have not watched Hardball for such a long time. Will give it another chance until spitty starts going physco again.

• October 25, 2011 at 8:00 pm

I watched the firt part of Hardball tonight . They totall slammed Rick Perry. They thought it was especially weird when Perry said that he thought it was good to keep the “birther” issue going. They called him and Cain jokes.

• 53 carol in ky
      October 25, 2011 at 8:02 pm

We quit watching him about 2 months ago, but I’m glad to hear that Joan was positive. Let’s hope it lasts.

15. October 25, 2011 at 8:01 pm

You know, regardless of your politiical inclinations, the worst thing about candidates of *any* party having to compete for being the most wildly extreme is that your only defense is to say, “Hey, you didn’t really think I meant a thing I said, did you?”

It gets hard to disavow.

Or to put it another way, your only way to neutralize months of crazy, over-the-top statements and literally suicidal policy positions (as in, the economy, the governments and/or the civilized world would collapse if they were actually implimented) is a poster that says…

“Relax! You always knew I was lying…” =)

16. 55 dotster3
    October 25, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Guilty in the case of some goofball, a member of the “Georgia militia” and “oath keepers”, part of the birther clan, who stormed a Tennessee court house, armed, in a quest to take it over to oust President Obama. Senseless, but guilty, and bye bye.

October 25, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Some lovely pics of our FLOTUS in Detroit from Eclectablog!

18. 74 Marlz (@marjgra)
    October 25, 2011 at 8:11 pm

President Obama and Leno backstage

photo/1

19. October 25, 2011 at 8:18 pm

This may just be the cutest and yet the saddest video evah…awww!

• 76 dotster3
      October 25, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Adorable little girl, so touching and heart wrenching.

• October 25, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Oh God lamh, you’re right, the cutest and saddest thing I’ve ever seen. Please let him be home soon.

• 78 isonprize
      October 25, 2011 at 10:27 pm

/RANT ON./

Who is “Sam Bilddle” ? The idiot who wrote the comment about a 2year old not comprehending? WTF? Clearly he knows NOTHING about early childhood development. He probably still thinks all babies are born blind. What an idiot.

/.RANT OFF/

• 79 JoJothecat
      October 25, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Thanks lamh31….that is so cute. She looks alot like my neice when she was that age (she will be ten in Nov). I pray her daddie comes home safe and back in the arms of his wife and little girl.

October 25, 2011 at 8:24 pm

// A new statewide poll released today to coincide with President Obama’s trip to Colorado shows the first-term Democrat is more popular than any of his major GOP presidential challengers, particularly among unaffiliated voters and Hispanics, two crucial groups. Project New West’s poll, which was conducted late last month, also shows that the Republican electorate in the state appears dissatisfied with the current field. //

21. 93 anniebella
    October 25, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Those Anne Savage photos of the First Lady is just so lovely.

22. 95 Uche
    October 25, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Chips, you are baaaaaad!. I was scrolling up and down looking for the picture ‘Rahm and Michelle meet Newt Gingrich’. I’m still LMBO!!.

October 25, 2011 at 9:25 pm

I love the thing about the First Lady meet Newt, I thought you were kidding. I kept looking for that picture, then I saw FLOTUS holding the worm. That worm could be Romney, Perry, Buchmann, Cain, Newt, and the other two what’s their name. GOP nuts.

23. 98 defytheodds
    October 25, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Video of PBO remarks at a fundraiser in San Francisco today:

• 99 Mel
      October 25, 2011 at 11:04 pm

I Watched it it was great, but our local media is only going to focus on the protesters But PBO is doing
      just fine.

24. October 25, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Yesterday we saw that gaaawd-aawful campaign ad from Cain. Today there’s this hilarious ad full of surprise from our mayoral candidate, Ed Lee, who met PBO at the SF airport today:

It’s totally out of the realm of campaign ads, I assure you!!

• 101 JojoRaze
      October 25, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I made it half-way through before I cut it off. I felt like was watching a movie. Like that David after Dentist kid, “Is this real life?”

• October 25, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Actually pretty memorable. I kind like it. “Too legit, too legit to quit” really sticks…oops can’t get it out of my brain now…yikes!…

• October 25, 2011 at 10:30 pm

It’s different, that’s for sure! Maybe you have to be from SF to get all the references, but seeing MC Hammer, will.i.am, a twitter owner, a Google exec and the Giants was kind of a surprise for a political ad.

• 104 a4alice
      October 25, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Ha. Loved it. Now will have it going through my brain! :-)

25. 107 Me4obama
    October 25, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Chipsticks my comment is lost out there in spacedom. Will you please release it.

26. 108 carolyn
    October 25, 2011 at 9:29 pm

I love to watch POTUS and FLOTUS laugh! They laugh with their whole hearts and beings. I don’t trust people who can’t deeply laugh. I don’t mean those ridiculous “heh hehs” of the previous prez. He has no sense of humor and cannot laugh. Only genuinely caring, deep people genuinely laugh, and these two are such people. Long live real laughter!!!

27. 110 Walking_on_ Sunshine
    October 25, 2011 at 9:38 pm

“First Lady Michelle Obama and Mayor Rahm Emanuel greet Newt Gingrich in Chicago”… hahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahaha I just got home and saw that caption and started laughing uncontrollably!
    I love me some worms and compost!

• October 25, 2011 at 9:40 pm

“I love me some worms and compost!”

:shock:

You and utaustinliberal would NEVER get along :lol:

• 112 Walking_on_ Sunshine
        October 25, 2011 at 9:49 pm

I’m a gardener and have never been able to maintain a manicure. That’s OK, utaustinliberal has the brains. I got the brawn.

• October 25, 2011 at 9:57 pm

A perfect match! :lol:

• October 25, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Chips, is it safe to use the GG guy’s name (or the GOPOL’s name) in your reporting? Don’t you need to put in a little something different to differentiate that it’s not really him though it IS meant to imply him? I ask because I don’t want you getting into any ‘trouble’. While I do enjoy your humour, I wish you’d clarify this for me so I can stop worrying that it might backfire.

• October 25, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Aw, thank you VC, I really appreciate you worrying about this. Honest, though, I’m not worried at all, if parody was libelous The (Magnificent) Onion would have been out of business years ago, along with a gazillion other blogs! But it would be truly hilarious if GG and GOPolitico tried to sue a not-for-profit-blog for mocking their comically obvious agendas. Hey, bring it on! Thanks VC.

• October 25, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Phew! Thanks, Chips, now I can enjoy your work without reservations. :lol: I see you are burning the midnight oil – probably waiting for the Prez and Jay. Hope you can keep your eyes open during the show.
                When you do head off to bed – Sweet dreams!

28. October 25, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Wow, I’m reading on twitter that Maddow is having Glennzilla on her program tonight? BARF.

October 25, 2011 at 9:58 pm

OKay, TPM just put out a hyperbolic piece about PBO “Handing the Repubs a victory” on the AJA. Of course the usual leftblog (e.g., Old Orange) have jumped on it like butter on bread, back with their “Obama Caves” chorus. The TPM article is distorted, exaggerated out of context and fails to mention that nothing has been agreed to by the WH. Their headline alone tells me what their agenda is.

October 25, 2011 at 10:07 pm

hopefruit, what are TPM talking about? What is it the WH suppose to have cave about?

October 25, 2011 at 10:22 pm

As part of the AJA, the President had included some proposals which were originally bipartisian /Republican ideas. For example, repealing a 3% withholding tax for small businesses who are private contractors for federal/state/local government.

However, as the President said, he would never simply accept tax cuts only with no revenues. The Repubs currently want to push this part of the bill, and to pay for it, they are proposing to re-calculate eligibility for certain health programs in the ACA by modifying gross income requirements in 2014. Now, the WH issued a statement in support of this idea, but nothing has been agreed to. The Repubs want to combine these two parts as one bill in order to claim that they voted for a part of the AJA. But these two parts are all cuts and no revenue. the President said that he will veto anything that doesn’t contain any revenue when he first proposed his AJA, so this issue is moot. The house is about to vote, but this will probably die in the senate or be vetoed by the President.

• 127 utaustinliberal
      October 25, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Sometimes I seriously question if Josh Marshall of TPM was dropped on his head as a baby. He lets too much PL drivel not based on facts litter that site. Then other times he calls the PL and GOP out. Crazy much?

• October 25, 2011 at 11:08 pm

TPM has become HuffFluffPuff’s little brother. It’s all about the big headlines and photos and slant towards the sensational, handwringing, pearl-clutching clickbait. He used to be a very good reporter but now I just think he’s trying to put his kids through college. A real disappointment.

October 25, 2011 at 10:01 pm
    • 130 utaustinliberal
      October 25, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Oh yeah today was his live townhall with Michael Moore. I listened to a little bit of it. It was full of Michael spewing bullshit as usual. :roll: Changed the channel to watch some Frasier.

• 131 CTGirl
      October 25, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Lol! He is a fraud! Using the heartbreak and pain of the 99% to keep on making the big bucks thus cementing himself in with the 1%. SMH!

• 132 JoJothecat
        October 25, 2011 at 10:52 pm

All the PL who are trying to co-opt this fir their own gain – Cenk, Rat-a-gan, Mickie Moore are ALL part of the 1%.

31. 133 meabloom
    October 25, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Beautiful photos from Anne Savage. Thanks so much! And… Tell me that politico44 photo is a joke because it is too funny.

Obama/Biden2012

32. October 25, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Sooooo…….what are we doing, chatting away trying to keep ourselves awake until the Prez comes on at 11:30? All these busy bees in this thread. :lol:

33. October 25, 2011 at 10:07 pm

As I admitted last night, I’m still just watching OWS not sure which side to land on. Here’s another person’s (apparently a sometimes participant) outlook –

October 25, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Wait. Is this for real or a parody? If it’s real…one day we have the smoking guy, the next day we get the guy guzzling Malt liquor…WTF?

35. October 25, 2011 at 10:09 pm

I love…Love that “Too Legit To Quit Ad”…..I just thought of something creative using the same format, without the ladies….and the booties shaking instead Having all the Swagga of PBO’s pictures….and having a montage of all the success with foreign affairs….Elimination of all the terrorist..OBL…Ghaddafi..videos… LOL I can only dream:-).

So if .. Will I-Am…Beyounce…Jay=Zee…and the Hip Hop Rock the Vote folks…are listening, I hope you guys have something in the works for the 2012 theme song for PBO….just like they had the “Yes We Can” song….I believe is still the the most watched video in that category.

But seriously speaking I keep hearing these folks that keep saying we love Obama and will work hard to get him re-elected, they need to get with the program and start early, we need all the help we can get and the young votes.

36. 149 CTGirl
    October 25, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Hats off to Ms Savage, that pic of Mrs. O is one of the best I have seen…Beautiful!

37. October 25, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Wow, here’s some good news. This is Elizabeth Warren’s first volunteer meeting!

38. 162 Marlz (@marjgra)
    October 25, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Elizabeth Warren first volunteer meeting

• October 25, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Marlz, we must have a very similar twitter timeline!! HA!

• October 25, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Looking REAL good! :lol:

• 165 Ladyhawke
      October 25, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Oh dear, the Republican heads must be exploding like crazy. That volunteer turnout is epic. And to think the GOP was vehemently against Elizabeth Warren being the director of the CFPB. I want to thank them for making it possible for EW to run against wonder boy Scott Brown who is the darling of Wall Street. Elizabeth is the champion of the middle class.

• October 25, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Yeah, the Rs put themselves in a hammer lock death grip. LOLz.

• 167 utaustinliberal
          October 25, 2011 at 11:14 pm

GOPTeabagger heads are going to be exploding!!!. I just tweeted the picture to Scott Brown. @elizabethforma first volunteer meeting drew a HUGE crowd. #GOPTeabagger heads are exploding in 3..2..1 @USSenScottBrown.

They must all rue the day they decided to obstruct her possible nomination to head the CFPB. I fervently hope she wins the Dem primary and cleans Scott Brown’s clock.

• 169 bonkers
      October 25, 2011 at 10:56 pm

WOW! That is amazing! This whole Elizabeth Warren campaign is such a great example of the “give them rope to hang themselves” tactic of which President Obama is a master. He brings her in, she gets an incredible rise in name recognition as the MegaMedia thinks they’re hurting her with their constant drumbeat of negativity toward her and Board, and then they use that to kick Scott Brown out of the Senate.

“Pure progressives” try to use “11-dimensional chess” as an insult to us Obamatrons, but maybe they should study it one of these days and, you know, actually accomplish something they set out to do. Wait, nevermind…keep screeching “pure progressives”…we don’t want you anywhere near one of our campaigns. Go form a 3rd Party already. In the meantime, Elizabeth Warren all the way!

• 170 JoJothecat
      October 25, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Elizabeth Warren is the “real deal”. If she wanted too, she could be the next President in 2016. I know she will win the Senate. Just like PBO, the senate is where nothing gets done because of some very antiquated rules. The Senate needs to change the rules when there are people on one side that make pledges to individuals and not to the people.

October 25, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Great news!! And a major step toward President Obama’s goal of getting rid of nuclear weapons. Another quiet accomplishment.

October 25, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Easier chart. Income for top 1% EXPLODED OVER LAST 3 decades..
    http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/10/25/353359/cbo-income-one-percent-explode/ Did it ever.

October 25, 2011 at 10:42 pm

Just saw this on Twitter.

• October 25, 2011 at 10:48 pm

You know, once the campaign heats up and the issues and values and choices become painfully clear…..if these guys still don’t want to vote, then it’s just a complete waste of their energy and a pox on all of us. And they’ll get lots of media attention, of course.

• 175 JoJothecat
        October 25, 2011 at 11:25 pm

NOT voting in 2010 is what made things worst……if these people think continuing to NOT VOTE will make the wealthy take them seriously then they need to pack up the tents and go home. It is not worth supporting these fouls if they are not going to turn this protest into anything except “what I did this winter while I was unemployed”.

42. October 25, 2011 at 10:47 pm

One of the only tings politico does correctly is they give us the pool report-

COLORADO FUNDRAISERS: President Obama was in Denver on Tuesday for two fundraisers.

The first was at the Blue Sky Grill, a dark restaurant with log cabin-style paneling and paintings of the Mountain West. Ticket prices started at $5,000 and approximately 90 people were expected to attend, a Democratic official said.

The president was introduced by Gov. John Hickenlooper, a first-year Democrat. The election, he said, “is going to be a long, a hard, difficult battle but one we can win.”

Obama began his remarks by reflecting on his Pepsi Center visit more than three years ago, when he gave his major speech at the 2008 Democratic National Convention. “It is great to be back in Denver. I’ve got some fond memories here,” he said. “If I’m not mistaken, I think it was a little darker that day but right after I gave my convention speech, I think I came down here to say thank you to a whole bunch of folks. And some of you were there. It is a thrill to be here.”

He acknowledged a few dignitaries: Hickenlooper, Lieut. Gov. Joe Garcia and Denver Mayor Michael Hancock. He also applauded the work of Sens. Mark Udall and Michael Bennet, who are doing “outstanding work on behalf of the people of Colorado.”

The president mentioned his Monday visit to Las Vegas, referring to the city as “ground zero in terms of what’s happening in housing across the country” with “sky-high” foreclosure rates.

As he did on Monday night in Los Angeles, Obama told the story of the Bonillas, the family whose home he toured in Vegas. Obama said that Jose Bonilla told him that owning his own home was “part of the American dream” but “I’m not going to be finished with the American dream until my kids have gotten through college and they have a home of their own and they are able to provide a better life for their children in the same way I’ve been able to provide a better life for mine.”

The president then listed string of his achievements in the White House.

“Three years later we can look back and say there are a whole bunch of changes we’ve made that haven’t paid off yet but are laying the groundwork for a better America” including health care reform, consumer protection and ending the war in Iraq. He also mentioned “issues that don’t get a lot of attention” including student loans and school reform.

As he did earlier in the day in San Francisco, Obama again mentioned that he keeps a list of 2008 campaign promises and said he’s completed about 60 percent of what’s on it. And, he said, to get the other 40 percent done, “I’m going to need you because I need five more years. I need five more years to get it done.” – Jennifer Epstein

43. October 25, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Hey chip,
    Please update your funny ass thread, with Carville crap!
    He is starting again. Same stuff as before, you know, fire the economic team etc!
    This guy has changed Parties…

Thanks–

• 179 halo
      October 25, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Carville is in it for Clinton. Look how the Clinton PR team is ALSWAYS on the TV talking about how Clinton was amazing. It’s the continual Clinton rehabilitation tour. Him, Dee Dee Myers, Ed Rendell, Mark Penn. Always, Clinton Clinton Clinton. They’re not looking out for PBO. Never will look out for PBO.

• 180 Lovepolitics2008
        October 25, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Those guys are for power, only power. If they don’t have it, they don’t care what happens. They are VERY WELL aware that their constant whining is not helping for 2012. They disgust me.

hey Bill: swallow your ego and for ONCE put country before yourself and CALL OFF YOUR DOGS !!!!

October 25, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Wonder if all those people supporting him will like him now?

45. 182 Marlz (@marjgra)
    October 25, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Stop the GOP voter suppression. . . signup here

46. October 25, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Very explosive situation going down in Oakland right now. Police teargassed the OWS protestors and I think there are some injuries. They threw the media out before they started taking over, so we’ll see what kind of coverage comes across of what’s happening. This could get even uglier.

October 25, 2011 at 11:42 pm

I’ve been reading…WTH is wrong with those police? A peaceful protest doesn’t warrant this use of force.

47. 186 br549
    October 25, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Hey guys. Longtime lurker but first time commenter. Love the site and the community here.

Is there anyone here that has a DailyKos account that can set those people straight (I don’t have one and don’t want one).

Reason being, there is a “hair on fire” diary over there where people are freaking out on Obama for a supposed cave, when there isn’t a cave but nobody seems to know exactly what they are outraged about.

This is the diary

They say Obama “caved” on a portion of the jobs bill when he hasn’t. The House GOP is wanting to pass one teensy part of the jobs bill that Obama already supports. It’s a repeal of a tax withholding requirement for federal contractors. It’s really not much, but Obama always supported it, it was in his jobs bill. By itself it won’t have a big effect, but that’s all the House will go with. But that repeal CBO says will “cost” 11 billion dollars and that’s where the confusion comes in. The Senate Dems and Reps couldn’t agree on an offset so they couldn’t pass one. But the House GOP has a potential offset that fixes an error in ObamaCare (I’m embracing the word) that would have allowed some fairly well off folks to qualify for Medicaid. That was never the intention, and it was just discovered several months back. Here’s an article about it from the time.

When it was discovered, it was immediately realized that it needed to be fixed at some point before 2014. And the House GOP does have a bill now that does fix it, and Obama supports it.

So they are probably going to use that fix as the offset for the other provision they support.

But because the House bill has the words “medicaid” in it, the dkosers are freaking out thinking that poor folks are being denied their medicaid when in reality this is a fix that needs to be done at some point no matter what. But nobody over there knows enough about it, they are just freaking out.

I don’t know if anyone here comments over there, but if there is and can at least give them the correct information. They’ll probably still think it’s a cave anyway.

Sorry for rambling. Don’t know if I made much sense.

48. 187 a4alice
    October 25, 2011 at 11:57 pm

Here he is!

49. October 26, 2011 at 12:35 am

The President was great on Leno, I love the audience response, very supportive. He is so funny, now I can say good night with a smile on my face.