Oct

‘night people

Helloooo people,

Just a few things:

First, like desertflower today and amk yesterday I’ve been having major problems viewing and updating the blog, a lot of the time that Mac spinning beachball has been in my face – honest, if I had a gun I’d have shot it.

I’m using the latest version of Firefox, 7.0.1, and judging by the support section on their site it is causing huge problems for a lot of users.

And Firefox is the browser WordPress (the host of this blog) recommends we use :-(

Are there any of you Firefox 7.0.1 people out there who haven’t been having problems??

And what other browsers aren’t causing trouble at the moment?

Please share your techy expertise!

Second, I used to be in the habit of updating the blog each day with lots and lots and lots of new posts, but reckoned that wasn’t good because (a) it disrupted the chat between you all in a thread, you kept having to move on to the new posts to try to continue your conversation, and (b) it stuffed your email inbox with TOD new-post-alerts.

So, instead, I’ve just been posting three or four new threads each day (more when big stuff is happening), and adding to each post as the day goes on. Are you okay with that? I know you don’t get ‘alerted’ when I update a post, but I just think it’s working better because it allows good, long conversations to develop in each post – but let me know what you think.

Third, it’s probably a sign that we’re building something good together, but there’s been a very large increase in the number of Tea/Firebagger trolls trying to post abuse here recently.

Most try to comment under ‘anonymous’, but some – brilliantly! – use regulars’ names in the belief that will get their comments through. It doesn’t.

So, again, even though it’s a complete pain, please sign in when you’re commenting here, and always use a name (and stick with that name) – it doesn’t, needless to say, have to be your real name, any one will do, but just remember anonymous comments are not accepted here. Thanks.

Speaking of, eh, anonymity.

For a whole bunch of reasons, I decided from the start not to provide personal information when I started this blog. To be honest, if it was a money-making venture I would feel obliged to give my name and (not very exciting) personal details, but it’s purely a non-profit labor of love. And always will be.

At the risk of sounding over-dramatic, you attract some seriously deranged haters when you run a pro-President Obama blog – as BWD experienced, way way worse than me. Like the guy who followed me from a ‘Dem’ site I used to frequent to wish me “head cancer” – for the sole reason that I argued the President wasn’t, actually, a homophobe. Funny, I haven’t heard from him since the repeal of DADT.

I’ve also had a few Teabagger white supremacist types send me delightful threatening messages, promising to hunt me down. Yee haw!

So, in light of the fact that I have a life and a family outside all of this, I’ve opted not to provide these Fire/Teabagers with enough personal information to allow them arrive on my doorstep, or get my phone number/personal email address, etc. Life’s just way too short.

There are personal reasons here too, which I can’t go in to, but let’s just say this blog has a few enemies.

So, I’m genuinely sorry that I don’t provide personal info when some of you seek it, I hope you understand. I won’t ever pretend to be anything I’m not, I’m just Chipsticks – your host. ;-)

Thanks everyone, see you tomorrow.

157 Responses to “‘night people”

1. October 28, 2011 at 11:44 pm

I’ve been quiet of late, have personal things going on.. but feel the need to thank you chipsticks- for all that you go through to provide us this sanity site.. I read it constantly throughout the day, whether I comment or not, and like everyone else- rely on you & your uncanny ability to give us this oasis each day. Thank you especially for taking the heat from the cretins in order to bring us the facts. Have a lovely night~

• October 29, 2011 at 8:14 am

Hey Sherijr. Here’s wishing you well and lots of ((((((((hugs)))))). Please take care of yourself!! I too, have been here just sparingly because of work constraints. But I hope everything gets better or is fine withyou.

And you are right. Chips is a yeoman that continues to do a spectacular job for us.

Thanks, Chips.

• October 29, 2011 at 11:37 am

Hey africa, it’s always good to see you.. hope all is going a little easier for you & ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) right back to you (thank you as I needed one also :) You take care of yourself too.. don’t overwork and give yourself plenty of time to heal. I’m okay, just stuff, ya know- thank you for asking and caring :)

• 4 DoNoHarm
      October 29, 2011 at 9:47 am

Same here. Thank you, Chipsticks, for this site and all the work you have done, are doing, and continue to do for the U.S.A.

• 5 Hachikō
      October 29, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Chip, I second sheri’s sentiments. I, too, don’t visit as often as I used to, and when I do, rarely comment any more (just a lot going on – nothing to do with the blog), but I still appreciate you and what you’ve done with this blog.

A big thanks for all you do.
      xoxoxo

2. 6 Judith Fardig
    October 28, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Be safe, our beloved anonymous Chipsticks, and carry on the good work that keeps so many of us energized and hopeful for the long haul. I gave this site’s URL to our new state OFA director to use as a daily pick-me-up.

3. 7 Mary
    October 28, 2011 at 11:48 pm

It’s enough to know you are Chipsticks and you are here to uplift me every day with great photos and stories about our great president. Thank you for putting up with all the trash so we have a place to meet up and support each other.

4. 8 Mary
    October 28, 2011 at 11:50 pm

By the way, I use Chrome (latest version I think) and I don’t seem to be having any problems. Before my daughter left for France she used Firefox and I know she was having trouble with lots of websites after the new system rolled out. She loved Firefox but finally switched to Chrome.

October 29, 2011 at 12:34 am

Chips – I also use Chrome and have no problems whatsoever (don’t want to jinx myself by writing that, but it’s true!).

October 29, 2011 at 4:30 am

I use Chrome, otherwise I can’t see what I type, but it took me about 5 minutes (seriously!) for this site to load. I get a notice that the page has become “unresponsive”…would I like to “wait” or “kill” it? HA! I’d LIKE to kill the entire computer! The Shockwave Flash thing pops up from time to time as unresponsive. I asked my son what THAT was for, and I guess that’s for video. I didn’t stop by here first thing just now, I went to other sites that came up fine. When I came here, then the issues started. It’s an annoying puzzlement! Won’t stop me from coming….but sometimes I have to walk away from the computer so I don’t make mine look like the picture Chips posted of the beat up laptop.Can’t afford a new one right now…I’ll just have to suck it up!

October 29, 2011 at 4:36 am

Thank you, Chips . For all you do to make this a haven for us…keeping the riff raff out..plenty of places for all of them to spout off, let them go there.You mean some folks don’t like “rules and regulations?” I’m shocked!! And they don’t think that rules/regs should apply to them? Shocked! Keep things just the way you do….we’re a grateful family here…we appreciate all you do to keep it sane:)

• 12 ribletsonthepan
          October 29, 2011 at 6:03 am

What a coincidence, been using Chrome (for Mac) for a while now and suffered the occasional unresponsive pages, slow to load episodes, here at TOD, on twitter and other sites where images and video abounds. But it occurred occasionally and a restart cured the problem. Then yesterday and up until an hour or so ago every friggin site I encountered not only was met with unresponsive pages, no loading but the spinning wheel as well. I tried restarting several times and even ran disc utilities to repair permissions, as if that had anything to do with it. Nevertheless I was stuck with major frustrations until I read about other folk with similar problems. So it seems as is my case that having lots of tabs open frequently and even after closing them, may result in the continuous unresponsive pages grind. Even after restarting! The fix is to empty the cache, which I did and so far so good. Now keep in mind I chose to empty the “cache only” and not to “clear all browsing data”. It is recommended that you empty the cache from time to time as it is the equivalent of lugging around a trunk full of all your travels everywhere you go. I hope this is an adequate remedy as I really dont want to clear all my browsing data options such as cookies, download history and browsing history. I want to keep that! So this is what I did. Go to: Preferences / Choose: Under the hood / Click: Clear Browsing Data (which will open an options menu) / Uncheck: Everything except “Empty the cache” (in other words the cache is the only item I left checked) If you in fact want to clear browsing history, download history, etc. then keep those checked/ Click: Clear Browsing Data/ That’s it……keeping my untechie fingers crossed! :-)

• October 29, 2011 at 8:33 am

desertflower, I get the same responses , “The page has become unresponsive”, and I only get this message when trying to come to “TOD”, I like you, didn’t know what to maje of It, but somehow thought It was my Old computer. Yeah It make s you wanna beat up the computer, but like you, I can’t afford a new one right now.

But Chips, Thank you so very much for your generous time and effort here. I guess being that I’m not that much In the know of how you really operate, behind the scenes. I’m just amazed at the haters and all the ugly commenters that you come In contact with. Thank you Chips for ALL that you do here for us :-). I just love you, my Friend, and may God richly bless you :-)

• 15 GGail
          October 29, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Hey df, I too use Chrome and I’ve been getting the same problems as you when I open TOD. When trying to open a thread, I sometimes (and this has began just recently) have to “wait” several minutes and that spinning circle drives me batshit crazy where I’ve had to walk away. I have wanted to comment on several threads, but the “wait” drama was too much!

• 16 Betsy
      October 29, 2011 at 2:20 am

I switched to Chrome too, and am also not having any problems. Thanks Chips for all that you do. I think it’s great that you are keeping your personal info. to yourself. You need to protect yourself and your family. I am so glad you keep the trolls out, it really, really helps to come here and not read the kinds of comments that are on other blogs. I always leave uplifted whereas in other places I leave wanting to take a shower. Thanks again for all that you do.

5. 17 Elly in MD
    October 28, 2011 at 11:53 pm

I just want to say a huge thank you. I’m in awe of all that you accomplish on this site. I don’t comment here very often but I read it religiously (would do so more often but it’s usually blocked at my workplace). If it weren’t for TOD I wouldn’t know half the great stuff our President is doing. Such a shame that it gets buried by our media. But as all of you who work the grassroots know, there is tremendous love out there for Barack Obama…… what’s weird is that there are people in this world with enough time on their hands and hate in their hearts to spend so much energy trying to sneak onto a website!

6. October 28, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Ms, Chips, you keep us so safe and protected that I hadn’t even realized the scope of the tea/firebagger hatred had gotten to such heights ie: stalking you from pro dem sites just to wish you ill. Bastards. Thanks for all you do, Chips. Stay safe xoxoxo :)

7. October 28, 2011 at 11:57 pm

What a sad state of affairs that people can’t tolerate views that conflict with their own. To threaten people’s lives simply because they don’t agree is beyond reprehensible. I really hope the President some day gets to learn about the valiant efforts of you and BWD. You take so much heat to keep this place safe. I can’t express my gratitude enough. You’ll always be Chipsticks to me, luv. Stay strong and proud.

October 29, 2011 at 12:41 am

May I piggyback my personal gratitude to both Chips and BWD, for all the months of sheer joy you’ve given those of us who have found a haven for Mother Liberalism and peace on your blogs! Sorry you both have had to take the heat for us, although we know you know the “cause” (President Obama) has been worth it, or you wouldn’t have done it. Hang tough.

Chips, may I say you seem to get as much delight from your posts as we do (not to trivialize all the hateful Tea/Firebagger back stories that we don’t know about). When people enjoy their chosen field of expertise, it shows. You are a BFD to us, if you don’t mind that wonderful Joe Biden reference!

Thanks so much.

• 23 nathkatun7
      October 29, 2011 at 3:32 am

Well said Tien Le! Chipsticks , BWD, the folks at PragmaticobotsUnite, as well you and your fellow TPV comrades have been amazing in your unshakeable support of President Obama, despite the ugliness of those who hate the President. I am sure the President gets his share of threats, but he needs to know that he is not alone. Like him, his die hard supporters are also constantly being threatened, day in and day out. Permit me in joining you in expressing my profound “gratitude” to Chipsticks for her courage in continuing to offer her site as the source of not only positive information about the President, but also as a place where gifted individuals, like you, can offer their analyses of day to day issues.

October 29, 2011 at 4:37 am

THIS.

8. 26 Tulips
    October 29, 2011 at 12:00 am

Do you think you might have to many plug in. I heard someone mention the same problem and they traced it to their plug ins

9. October 29, 2011 at 12:00 am

Chips, I cannot image how difficult it is to put up with the haters. I am sure that the amount of work you do is at time a bit overwhelming. I know you will continue to do your best to keep this site going and prosperous. I would like to make a donation. I am not seeing where I do that. I can be a bit slow at times, but I would like to at least provide you with some financial support. Many. many thanks. dr

• October 29, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Hi Dorothy, hope you are having a good Saturday. :lol: Just so you know, if you want to ‘support financially’ at TOD site you are directed to the 2012 Donate button to the upper right side of the page. For Ms Chips this blog is a labour of love.

**We love you too Ms Chipsticks! {{{Chips}}}I t is our hope that our love and appreciation will in some part mitigate the craziness of the trolls who try to breach our site.

10. October 29, 2011 at 12:03 am

Yo Chips. i have that Firefox 7.0.1 and have no problems on this end. What you have put together here is monumental. You’re welcome aboard my ship any time. i have some Chi-town Panthers if you need them. ;-)

• October 29, 2011 at 12:21 pm

I’ll reply here to try to make sure Chips reads this, since I’m here very late. I use Firefox 7.0.1 and had no problems at all. *knock on wood*

Thx from me too Chips for all you go thru to make this such a great place.

• October 29, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Thanks so much Sequana – and apologies to everyone else for not replying yet to the great techy advice! I hope to catch up with you all later today. Sequana, because the latest version of Firefox is working fine for you and some others I’m guessing I’m having some issue with plug-ins, or something techy like that :oops: I’ll go through all the tips here and (very nervously) fiddle with my settings, hopefully I can get this sorted ….. I never want to see a beachball again! Thanks again, will catch up with everyone later ;-)

11. October 29, 2011 at 12:07 am

I think we feel like we know what’s important about each other and I totally respect the boundaries. Thanks for all that you put up with to keep this place an incredible sanctuary and learning zone for all of us.

I’m trying to figure out why you’re having so much technical trouble with the site lately. I know you’re on a Mac. FF can sometimes be very glitchy with new upgrades. I’ve resisted upgrading to their most recent version. I always google troubleshooting for each new upgrade to make sure the kinks have been worked out. If I find a bunch of negative comments I just don’t upgrade until it’s clear they have the patches. The culprit of most of the issues has to do with Flash, which doesn’t play well with lots of different platforms for various reasons. Because your site has so many videos, it can be a hang-up for you. I’m now on OS 10X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) and I use Safari. Sometimes I have to switch to FF for some livestreams but I can usually watch videos without any problem. But for uploading stuff, I go with FF. I know WordPress is notorious for lots of inexplicable glitches. Wish I could help!

12. October 29, 2011 at 12:07 am

(Catch you on the fliP side , chip)-

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder was in Florida on Friday to announce the federal government’s latest crackdown on unscrupulous doctors and others who illegally write pill prescriptions to drug addicts in exchange for cash.

Florida has become known as the nation’s epicenter for prescription-drug abuse because of its “pill mill” pain clinics that write the prescriptions with scant assessment or care of a patient’s condition.

The state is so well-known among drug users from the north that the “route” to Florida even has a moniker: “the Oxy express,” named after OxyContin, one of the most powerful and desirable narcotics.

Holder, along with Middle District U.S. Attorney Robert O’Neill, Drug Enforcement Administrator Michele Leonhart and more than a dozen state and local officials from around central Florida, gathered Friday to announce the arrests of 22 people on charges of illegal prescription-drug distribution. Among those arrested were five doctors and two pharmacists. Fifteen others were indicted in a conspiracy to illegally obtain controlled substances in the Tampa area and transport them to Kentucky for distribution.

13. October 29, 2011 at 12:10 am

I JUST WANNA SAY THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING THIS LIL PIECE OF HEAVEN…I START AND END MY DAY HERE ….I WOULD BE LOST FOR SURE WITHOUT MY DAILY DOSE OF ALL THINGS CONCERNING OUR PRESIDENT AND HIS FAMILY!!!!!
    THANK YOU …THANK YOU…. THANK YOU!!!!
    YOUR THE BEST :)

14. 36 Walking_on_ Sunshine
    October 29, 2011 at 12:13 am

Thanks for everything Chipsticks. Sorry you have to deal with the haters in order to keep this place pleasant for the rest of us. I hope you get as much pleasure out of this as we do. I see the horrible comments that people make in other areas of the web and it’s such a relief to have a “base camp” where we don’t have to deal with that trash.

On your first and second points..I really like that there are fewer new posts. I don’t have access from work so I catch up on everything in the evening and have found it easier since you changed your system. I usually go through each post and look for things that I’ve missed during the day that need tweets or emails or are just plain fun. I am also using Firefox 7.0.1 and I am not experiencing any problems.

Thank you!!!

15. 38 bonkers
    October 29, 2011 at 12:14 am

Fired up!

16. October 29, 2011 at 12:15 am

The White House is pushing ahead with its strategy of taking executive action to circumvent Congressional GOP opposition on job creation, on Friday unveiling a new presidential memorandum aimed at helping private businesses in hard economic times.

As President Obama struggles to build support for many components of his jobs bill in Congress, he continued to roll-out unilateral steps as part of his new “We Can’t Wait” theme. Obama on Friday signed two business-friendly memorandums: one that would shorten the time it takes for federal research to translate into commercial products in the marketplace, and another creating a website, known as BusinessUSA, to make it easier for companies to learn about federal export opportunities and other government services.

“Today, I am directing my administration to take two important steps to help American businesses create new products, compete in a global economy, and create jobs here at home,” Obama said in statement.

17. October 29, 2011 at 12:17 am

Chipsticks.. you have THE BEST Pro-Obama website online! The information is always current, funny and clear. I personally like the layered look of having several blog post pieced together, it makes it more easier to read without having to go into one piece, then return ‘back’ to the main page, to click onto another piece (just my opinion) lol, besides, you layer them so nicely, its never hard to read them, each new piece of information flows nicely onto the next, whether text or video or cartoon image etc.

Boy, I wish I could do something all the way from ‘downunder’ in the Pacific, to those people who are being very bullish online.. grrrrrrrrrrr….. bastids (misspelled purposely lol)!! Thank you so much for the material/content that you produce online, you are one very talented person. Those morons ruined it for us newcomers to the TOD site, the opportunity to know about the history of this site or about how you came to put it together (you know, like an ‘About Me’ or ‘About’ page), it was the first thing I was looking for when I had skimmed through the site to see what it was about regarding Obama (I study in Web Design/Web Writing.. so I really dislike arriving to an Obama made website, thinking its a Pro-site, only to find out they’re wishy-washy with their message, only agreeing with Obama on issues THEY want, or it’s a site pretending to be pro-Obama, only to find out its a fake site run by white-supremacists – like the fake MLK website run by Don Black).

So, more POWER TO YOU for the things that you do and unfortunately have to put up with online.. to deliver us the factual and right message.. Obama’s message.. and also correcting and exposing those who look to falsify and distort it.

18. October 29, 2011 at 12:22 am

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Even as the United States begins to withdraw from Afghanistan, insurgents abetted by Pakistan pose the major threat to U.S.-led forces, the Pentagon said on Friday.

Security has improved in recent months and enemy attacks are down in Afghanistan compared to a year ago, the Pentagon said in a twice-annual report to the U.S. Congress.

NATO and Afghan forces largely “stunted” the Taliban’s spring and summer offensive, although the insurgency remains adaptive and resilient, with a “significant regenerative capacity,” the report said.

But attacks from across the eastern border were up because of the support the insurgency received from safe havens in Pakistan, it said.

“Safe havens in Pakistan remain the insurgency’s greatest enabler,” the report said. These havens have grown more “virulent” in recent months “and are the most significant risk” to NATO’s campaign, it said.

19. October 29, 2011 at 12:32 am

Dear Chips I know what you mean about Firefox have had problems with it in my business systems switched to GOOGLE CHROME and things have been working OK and there are problems with all of these browsers when they update to a new version.So I carry 3 browsers on my system so when one acts up I can switch to another and keep on working. The browsers are ; Apple Safari,Firefox,Google Chrome. They can be loaded and they work independent of each other.

20. October 29, 2011 at 12:35 am

Hi Chipsticks,

I am using Firefox 7.0 and i am having absolutely no problems. Thanks for everything you do.

I emailed you a while ago about a U-tube tribute to President Obama by the Dells entitled ” I am Only A Man.” I hope you can put it on the site some time. I like it very much.

• 44 GGail
      October 29, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Thanks socasweet! I went to You Tube and viewed the video. It was so touching, it sent chills through me. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Of course I had to send it out to family members :-)

21. October 29, 2011 at 12:37 am

Well all in the TOD stay fired up and ready to go . I’m saying good night got a early flight for me and my lady for RR in Grand Bahamas this weekend.Will be reading up on what is going on until next week when we get back. 4 MORE FOR 44

• 51 JoJothecat
      October 29, 2011 at 11:31 am

I went to YouTube to hear it and now I am listening to 60’s, 70’s music…all that great music that you can’t hear on the radio anymore. Thanks socasweet.

22. October 29, 2011 at 12:47 am

I’m still using FF 6.02. I wait a long time to update to new versions because of all the problems. Sorry you’re having trouble.

23. October 29, 2011 at 12:48 am

The White House Halloween candy lineup: Eye of newt, toe of frog, and dried fruit.

Truly bloodcurdling. Who’d want to eat dried fruit?

All tricks aside, White House trick-or-treaters will be given a box of White House M&Ms, a proprietary sweet butter cookie and a serving of dried fruit, according to a White House press release sent out Friday.

And in a macabre twist, a recipe for the White House sweet dough butter cookies was also given. It involves – shriek! — a pound of sugar and – moohaha!! – two pounds of butter. But in the spirit of healthy eating, the release also contains the recipe for a make-your-own dried fruit mix.

The horror.

No treats for guessing which recipe will prove more popular come Halloween.

The White House Sweet Dough Butter Cookie Recipe

1 lb Sugar 1 tsp Vanilla
    2 lbs Butter 1 tsp Salt
    3 Eggs 3 lbs All Purpose Flour

Mix the butter and sugar till soft and well beaten. Then add eggs, vanilla, salt and half the flour. Beat on slow speed till mixed, then add the rest of the flour and mix until incorporated.

Push flat onto a cookie sheet and refrigerate overnight. Roll out to one quarter inch thick and cut out cookie shapes with cookie cutter.

Bake at 350F for 14 minutes and then allow to cool.

Make Your Own Dried Fruit Mix

Dried Apples Dried Pineapple
    Dried Apricots Dried Papayas
    Dried Pears Dried Cherries
    Dried Blueberries Banana Chips

Combine ingredients and serve.

Yummy!

24. 56 dotster3
    October 29, 2011 at 12:59 am

Have not had one prob here since switching from firefox to google chrome. And I also want to again say how grateful I am for this most splendid of sites—-chipsticks is the best by far, no comparison. And I am so sad that you have to put up with the ugly haters. It’s unthinkable the depth of hate some people must have to live with in order to pursue you and spread their filth for running a site that keeps our president’s supporters up to date on all his activities. What empty and pitiful damaged people they must be. So I understand your desire to keep personal info personal. The only thing I’ve ever wondered about is the origin of chipsticks. I’ve tried to break it down to get to the answer, I’ve lost sleep over it—–is it chips ticks or chip sticks—–?—and what in the world? But I am willing to have this Great Mystery continue to spin away in my brain unanswered if I can continue to have access to all the beautiful Obama stuff and up to the minute political shenanigans. Love the humor too—-it’s a big fat bonus! Thank you deeply.

• 57 M
      October 29, 2011 at 2:31 am

Dotster3 in the past Chipsticks has shared that “Chipsticks” is an actual name of a snack food that she happened to be eating when she needed to come up with a name. No reason to lose anymore sleep over it! ;)

• 58 dotster3
        October 29, 2011 at 8:01 am

Ahhhhh——–sleep—– Great Mystery solved——zzzzzz——-whew—–thank y…..——-zzzzzzz.

25. 59 Sue in Minnesota
    October 29, 2011 at 1:12 am

Chipsticks, I am so sorry for the crap you put up with to maintain this wonderful site. You don’t deserve any of it, and I wish we could keep it from reaching you. Is there any way we can better support you? My gratitude for the work you do and the wonderful community here is beyond measure. Thank you so much.

I had a day out today with my sister, it was lovely. We stopped at a funky little shop in South Minneapolis because she collects magnets and buttons. I met a woman, probably in her mid 60’s and noticed we had picked out several of the same buttons. One said, We are the 99%,” another said , “Jesus was a Liberal,” which she told me was for her 90 year mother-in-law who absolutely adores President Obama, and thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread. You can imagine I was happy to offer my two cents. She said she wished her MIL could somehow get a birthday greeting from the President, I suggested she send a letter to him at the WH, or e-mail him via Whitehouse.gov. She thanked me, but then said maybe it wasn’t a good idea as quite possibly it would give her MIL a heartattack ;) We had the nicest chat I told her to greet her MIL from me and to let her know Obot ‘s everywhere really appreciated her wisdom and her support for the President.

The MSM can lie and distort the truth, and sadly some are easy targets for their deceptions, but the good news is people are waking up to their propoganda. I picked up the perfert postcard to send to someone in the media, “You write what you are told! Thanks, Corporate News! We Couldn’t Control the People Without You! Now…just which puppet to send it to.

• October 29, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Morning Sister Sue,
      So glad to see you! :lol:

‘Now…just which puppet to send it to.’ = Eenie, meenie, minie, mo…..Eddie (Henry) / Chuckie (T) / Jakie T / Joey (H), or An-dre-a…….

26. 63 collegekay
    October 29, 2011 at 1:17 am

When you have haters, you know you’re doing something right. Thanks for all you do.

Btw, I use FireFox 7.0.1 and sometimes I have problems with loading and the crashing of flash (on videos) but Chrome seems to be better.

27. 64 lmrj
    October 29, 2011 at 1:19 am

Chips, I cannot even imagine the toxic waste you wade through daily in order to give all of us TODers a safe haven. The cowardly always troll and make threats, but they’re so crazy that we all understand what you must do to keep yourself safe. We also appreciate all that you do to give us positive PBO reinforcement daily. THANK YOU!

I’m using Mac OS 10.5.8 with Firefox 7.0.1 with no problems. Hope this helps.

28. October 29, 2011 at 1:20 am

Hello Chips. thank you for creating a wonderful place for us to check on our beloved POTUS/FLOTUS and Vice President Biden and Dr.Jill. Yes, we all have to be smart about giving out too much information to stalkers on this site.. I know most people mean well but everyone must and should keep your common sense intact…..

• October 29, 2011 at 1:59 pm

NOTE to Desertflower & WiW:

This is one reason why I’m not too keen on the idea of putting too much more than blog names in our online TOD contact-in-50-states initiative. But then, I’m a nervous lily.

29. 67 Sue in Minnesota
    October 29, 2011 at 1:28 am

Dawgone……..my battery went dead on my computer tonight, I got a replacement but neglected to see that my information had been erased.
    So in a total brain dead move I just sent an anonymous comment. DOH! I am so sorry Chipsticks, please don’t banish me! I am an addict, I need my TOD fix….seriously!

October 29, 2011 at 1:38 am

You’re so funny, Sue! Of course you’re an addict – we all are! Obama addicts! TOD addicts! (And now I’m a Twitter addict!)

We must get President Obama re-elected. And.We.Will.

G’night.

• 69 Sue in Minnesota
        October 29, 2011 at 2:29 am

When I came home to a dead computer late this afternoon I was in a panic (high drama…it wasn’t pretty). I am so afraid of Twitter, probably because I’m a ‘long talker’…..I have hard time keeping it short and sweet. Plus you guys are all so witty, not my forte!. In addition, I have a propensity for foul language. Is that even allowed?

We MUST get our President re-elected, and give him a Congress that is willing to work for the good of the 99%. The 1% can go jump off a bridge. Jackie I believe we will prevail.

Rest well!

• October 29, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I so identify with you on this, Jacque. The only saving grace for me is that, being a slow reader, TOD takes up so much of my day that by the time I get to Twitter I’m falling asleep so I don’t last long. Also, my few followers have a home here too so they get the info out faster than I could. In truth I consider myself part of the Reserves in the Twitter army, basically on standby for the 2012 campaign when all hands will be needed. In the meantime I’m slowly practising how to use my weapon (= sharing a piece of truth here and there) so that I’ll be ready for the real action. ;)

30. 71 Aquagranny911
    October 29, 2011 at 1:41 am

All I can say is that I have had tons of problems with Firefox especially in relation to Disqus. Google Chrome works way better but it tags you with multiple garbage every time you log on. You will have to clean the crap up every time you log off. I use CCleaner which you can down load for free.

31. 76 vitaminlover
    October 29, 2011 at 1:49 am

God bless, guide, guard and protect you, Chipsticks. This is the most wonderful site and I appreciate the dilligent effort that you put in this. I just love it and if you never provide personal info, I feel as if I know you at least in spirit. Keep up the good fight. God is with you and so am I. Many continued blessings to you and yours.

32. October 29, 2011 at 1:58 am

Chips – More feedback from my TOD site analysis for the past two days (reason why I was in less chatty mood since I had my “analyzer” hat on :) ). This is only for those folks on firefox 6.0 and onwards. I am now on FF 9.0 beta version.

First of all, Chips posted a wonderful tip from the FF forum site

This tip of disabling of dom.ipc.plugins straight away saved me 500 MB of RAM at its peak and around 250 MB of constant usage.

Secondly, I have done some testing of TOD site on various versions of FF from 6.0 to 9.0. (Yes, this meant I had uninstall each version and clean install the next version, which I have got it down to a pat now. :) ) In all cases, TOD Front Page takes about peak RAM of 450 MB in all FF versions. This RAM usage drops to normal usage of 250 MB when you open an individual TOD thread. This means that TOD FP page has too much vids and photos, which take up too much RAM and time to load.

(You can check your RAM usage by bringing up the Windows Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del) and then select the processes page. There you can arrange the processes by memory usage by clicking the Mem Usage button, which will sort the processes in ascending or descending order.)

My suggestion for Chips is to reduce (not totally eliminate) the no. of vids and photos on the FP and show them only in the individual threads.

Without TOD page open, the FF still uses about 150 to 180 MB RAM, so that means individual threads of TOD (excluding the FP) uses about 70 MB to 100 MB, which is not too bad.

Finally, I appreciate Chips for the wonderful work he/she does on this site, despite the stress of handling trolls. And I don’t know why WordPress doesn’t have automatic filters for troll posts so that Chips doesn’t have to deal with them all the time.

Also, a preview function would be a great help.

• October 29, 2011 at 2:26 pm

AMK. Huh???? ;) Don’t mind me, I’m of the technology, and anything related, challenged.

And wouldn’t your middle suggestion mean that Chips should keep the many individual posts which some, including moi, want to minimize?

33. 79 Debz
    October 29, 2011 at 2:02 am

Chipsticks, I really appreciate your giving us a safe place where we can keep up with everything our President is doing. I am sorry you have to go through all the vile garbage from the haters. Thanks so much for all the hard work you put into this site.

34. 80 mtmarilyn
    October 29, 2011 at 2:04 am

Chipsticks, words cannot express our deep appreciation for what you do here!!!! It boggles the mind to know the amount of hatred there is for those of us who truly believe in a free world where we can express our love for our leader and not have to worry about what might happen to us. As much as I would like to know about you, I want you to be safe and we continue to be the leader of this great community. I pray that someday we can have a great party and all meet. Until then just know how much we love you.

35. 81 Bobfr
    October 29, 2011 at 2:07 am

Dear Chipsticks,

Firstly, and most importantly, your highest priority must be your well-being and that of your family.

You provide, daily/hourly, not only a very important platform for dialogue among countless citizens striving to perfect our Republic, you also provide an essential support network for our exceptional President, AND HIS FAMILY.

Please do nothing that in any way enables the hate-mongering #KOCHMAFIAGOP and their minions to pose any threat or discomfort to you and your family.

Some may think that blogs and tweets, etc., are frivolous.

Fact is what we share and motivate and strive to accomplish, via the digital media, are just as profound, if not considerably more so, than pamphlets and singles-sided printed fliers, etc., in the 18th Century. Just as folk wanted to destroy those who printed, the #KOCHMAFIAGOP and their minions know that they must disrupt, if not destroy, our messaging.

We will not allow them to prevail. But, we all must not only know and accept the responsibility of the force we are bringing against these nihilists, we must be aware that our adversary does not honor or respect democratic dialectic – they would, for real, destroy all of us if they could.

Thus, BE SAFE.

We will prevail by being way smarter, nimble and empathetic of one another.

Those in the opposition have zero understanding of the power of our commitment to one another and the preservation of the Promise of America – to ALL.

#YesWeCanDOMoreTogether

• 82 Sue in Minnesota
      October 29, 2011 at 2:38 am

Bobfr and Tally, any chance you are interested in the writing/editing positions the Obama campaign is looking to fill. You both would be a great asset with your passion, intellect and terrific communication skills. You of course are in good company, there are so many bright and
      articulate voices here.

36. October 29, 2011 at 2:09 am

Love YOU Madame! Love the blog!

I’m on Safari, and have NO PROBLEMS.

37. October 29, 2011 at 2:30 am

Chipsticks – You do wonderful work for which all of us are supremely grateful. I like the longer posts as I was losing out on a lot of the discussion with the shorter posts. So sorry to hear about the haters — astonishing that people are so sick. I tend to recoil when I see comments that are offensive and to have zero interest in interacting in any way with the commenter. Finally, I have FF 7.0.1 and a mac and have experienced no problems but of course I am not doing long posts with lots of video!!!

38. October 29, 2011 at 2:50 am

First, an aside. Normally I do not comment in public forums on any President’s strategy, regardless of my opinion of that President or their plans, to avoid putting out information that could be used to affect or counter their efforts. (Which would of course have political, diplomatic and/or military implications.) Having said that, I feel some characteristics of the Obama Administration are worth reflecting on, not only for the insights they provide into current affairs, but as an example of an immense intelligence at work — not only the mind of the President, but of the aggregate intelligence of his entire core team and all the people they work with in turn.

So, further to the President’s strategy…

To return to the apparent Stuxnet delay in Iran’s nuclear-weapons program — which Ralph Langner, at least, has attributed to the U.S. ( http://www.ted.com/talks/ralph_langner_cracking_stuxnet_a_21st_century_cyberweapon.html ) — whatever the origin of this cyberweapon, I think the strategy behind it is analagous to one aspect of the Administration’s modus operandi.

To sum up — the thing to ask when in violent conflict with the Administration, or moving towards such a conflict is not so much, “How will the President deal with this?” so much as it is “Really, how have I already lost?”

For those who haven’t watched the linked talk from Langner, above, what we appear to know about Stuxnet is that its original intent was not obvious, it was created by people who probably knew Siemen’s SCADA systems and the Natanz site’s software inside-out, it was far more complex and powerful than anything seen before, and it’s most dangerous known effect was… particularly revealing.

Producing weapons-grade uranium requires a host of centrifuges spinning at precisely controlled supersonic speeds. The Stuxnet evidently altered the speeds of those centrifuges ever-so-slightly, while causing their sensors to continue sending back an unchanging, “all-is-well” message to the infected system and its human overseers. And so a large number of Natanz’s centrifuges began steadily tearing themselves apart.

There is more to the Stuxnet operation, of course, but the above details come across as an eerily precise metaphor for one of the Administration’s other strategies.

Let us say there were people and organizations with strong political viewpoints, thoroughly opposed to the President’s policies. As part of their efforts to come up with effective (if somewhat destructive) weapons against him, let us say they frequently engaged in… “spin.” Indeed, let us say they have been, in fact, practically spinning at supersonic speeds.

Now, this “spin” has refined and purified a number of weapons-grade fuels against the Administration, but owing to their slightly unstable nature and radical changes in the narrative environment, most of these fuels, especially the lesser ones, have already blown up in their creators’ faces. “Weak on Terrorism/Secret Terrorist/One Of THEM” has exploded most spectacularly, arguably several times, but in particular with the death of bin Laden, the Arab Spring, the fall of Qaddafi and Qaddafi’s subsequent death. Other fuels have been sabotaged by their own primary creators, sometimes at the President’s very modest prompting, sometimes prompted by their own shifting internal motivations.

“The Deficit Crisis,” “The President Needs to Compromise,” “The President Needs to Fight/Confront/*Lead*,” “The President Is Weak,” “The President Can’t Get Congress to Help with Jobs,” etc, etc.

Curiously, some of these have exploded not so much because of a subtle shift in the centrifuges, as a sudden wrenching, in which someone suddenly tries to completely change what kind of fuel is being produced to something radically different and often the exact opposite of the previous material, almost overnight.

The above is all very interesting, of course, but one consequence of having a weapons program based mainly on these “spin cycles,” is that you have invested considerable resources and credibility into promoting ideas that may not be to your ultimate benefit.

Just as promoting the idea that we need a strong protector against terrorists and violent dictators — that such protection should be, indeed, our highest priority — has not worked well as President Obama has emerged as by far the most successful such figure in decades, many of these spin cycles are driving narratives which may actually work in the Administration’s favor, to devastating effect.

Consider the last major, functional fuel being generated, the “Jobs and Economy” argument. This one has begun to fall apart as various actors have increasingly appeared to be standing against the President’s efforts to create jobs. But here we may be missing the forest for the trees.

Owing to the destruction of the other fuels, President Obama’s most vociferous opponents have placed almost all of their remaining resources into making this particular bet — that the economy and employment situation will still be terrible by November of next year. Leaving aside the question of what happens if those opponents are blamed for being perceived as encouraging this predicament…

What happens if the economy dramatically reverses, and is growing rapidly by late 2012?

Whatever your opinion of this President, it is clear his Administration has dealt with a huge number of crises over the last 2 years and nine months, so this option is far from improbable. Indeed, depending on what tools they are planning on rolling out over the next several months, they may be counting on it.

What options does that leave the fuel-makers? Decidedly few. Remember, one reason many of these operations have blown up to a greater or lesser degree is because of that attempt to make a wrenching shift or reversal of an existing narrative. By making this all about the economy, there is little time for anyone to reverse themselves, even assuming they had the opportunity to do so. And admitting the President was doing a great job in economic terms, assuming it came to that, would leave your average election about… what, exactly?

The deepest irony of this entire strategy is a simple fact — the real error may have been the ultimate decision… to make the whole debate, one way or another, about the President. He is in a perfect position to defend himself and his record, and by coming at him directly, it may already be far, far too late to manage an effective retreat.

As some would say, “Your in deep *now,* laddie.”

The above, of course, are merely observations. But they illustrate a larger point about advanced thinking and strategy I will discuss later in this series.

• October 29, 2011 at 3:22 am

what a great comment & insight Ralph, I really enjoyed reading it :)

• October 29, 2011 at 7:43 am

Fascinating analysis. Thank you.

• October 29, 2011 at 9:18 am

You’re insight and analysis into the situation surrounding and about PBO’s presidency are a treasure to read. I appreciate the time and thought you put into your posts. Please keep it going.

I do believe that most thinking Americans see that the Republican Party has been reduced to blatant and irrevocable desperation. Everything they do is a screeching example of scorched earth strategy regarding the President but also most importantly our nation. Their self-serving arrogance and nihilism is impossible to camouflage. Short of achieving their goal of weakening PBO, each of their tactics to move their agenda forward is proving so cosmetic, so devoid of promise for economic and social progress. Not content with trying to ruin nearly every American institution over the last decade, now they’re ruined Congress. We see what they’re doing. Cain is their latest fiasco and I can’t wait until he has the chance to further display him immense ignorance and lack of restraint. He’s surging simply because he’s a petulant crank full of empty bravado and that’s what Republicans think they need right now. Boy, have they got that one wrong.

• October 29, 2011 at 9:40 am

Thank you so much for this Ralph! I viewed the TED video and also visited your blog. So much to chew on …wow.

• 95 Mae who love CIC
      October 29, 2011 at 11:03 am

Great insight!

• 96 Sue in Minnesota
      October 29, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Wow, terrific insights, Thank you for the time and energy you have taken to share with all of us here.

There are so many brainiacs at this site, I feel like I should be writing a tution check for my ‘higher education’. All I can say, with deep gratitude is thanks for your contributions and the opportunity you provide me to continue to learn. :D

39. 97 M
    October 29, 2011 at 3:07 am

Love you Chips! Stay safe and keep up the amazing work. No one else can compare to you. We all are forever grateful. What an immense blessing you are. I think part of the intrigue about your fans wanting to know more about you is because we want you to be recognized and appreciated and acknowledged properly in “real” life for all that you do, but surely we all agree with the haters out there it is not possible. I know we do all truly hope that someday, somehow you will get a huge hug and handshake and million dollar smile of thanks from President Obama himself. How fortunate is he to have Chipsticks supporting his back. You know, I think it goes to karma. Think of that story about the President giving the woman he did not know the extra money she needed in order to get all of her belongs on the plane as she was about to leave the country and begin a new life in Europe. He has lived a life of such kindness and for that he has been blessed with having the best blogger in history following and reporting on his historical campaign, election and presidency. Carry on Chips…PLEASE! Stay safe, stay unknown and please feel the love that all TODers send to you!

40. 98 sjterrid
    October 29, 2011 at 3:16 am

I’m so sorry that you have to put up with the trolls, and people that hate and threaten you. It’s perfectly understandable that you don’t want to give out your real name. I like the new format with fewer and longer posts.
    Thank you for this great place you created that I come to everyday.

41. 99 sam uk obama supporter
    October 29, 2011 at 4:10 am

Chips, I love what you do here, thank you for this sanctuary from all the trolls, i am sorry that you have to put up with so much crap and bile from the seriously deranged b******s but know that you are loved and much appreciated by ALL Pro Obama people here,
    God bless and thank you once again for your labor of love.

Apologies if this posts a couple of times, having finger trouble!!!! My computer is acting up today too. (nothing to do with this site, just an old decrepit pos I am working on right now!

42. 100 theo67
    October 29, 2011 at 4:17 am

Thank you, Chipsticks – you are a Godsend!

October 29, 2011 at 4:28 am

I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart Chips for such a brilliant website like TOD. Why is it brilliant you ask? Well, it’s brilliant because we have a haven where we can argue vociferously and passionately and the next day, heck five minutes later crack jokes – be they bawdy in nature ;) – and move on. It’s brilliant because you created and allowed a community of people from all walks of life to convene and become proactive on the ground, on twitter, on facebook, through email and other avenues in pursuit of fair and truthful reporting and making sure that every achievement President Obama has accomplished will be spread far and wide so that people may be enlightened. It’s brilliant because TOD provides a nirvana where one isn’t constantly deluged with a plethora of trolls (mostly paid), emoprogs, PL, GOP, teabagger and the like’s vitriolic, vile, disgusting, and frankly threatening comments about the one person trying to do the best he can for a country which badly needs more of his kind of leadership. It’s brilliant because you have created a community of scary smart and politically savvy people who encourage each other day after day when the going gets tough and who provide multiple ideas about getting involved in the Obama/Biden 2012 campaign. It’s brilliant because you have single handedly empowered people who might otherwise have not participated one-on-one in the re-election efforts because they were shy, afraid of public speaking or didn’t have enough information at their fingertips ready to spew forth and counteract lie after lie; so they decided to just donate – maybe weekly, maybe monthly – to the re-election efforts. It’s brilliant because you have created a hub of fact filled information that you provide and have allowed us to provide that we take out into the real world and fight, fight, fight like scrappy underdogs for OUR guy.

In conclusion, I appreciate your labor of love and fully support all your efforts in keeping you and yours safe. As feedback to the question you posed, I like the new form of site updates that you’re trying out. When you post fewer threads, it allows the site to load and operate faster, allows those of us who have to work and go to school catch up much quicker, and it allows for thorough, lively, fact filled, and most of all humorous discussions. Bless your heart my friend. Stay healthy and most importantly; happy.

October 29, 2011 at 4:58 am

Great comment. I’m with you:)

October 29, 2011 at 8:42 am

Excellent post, Utaustin!

I echo everything already articulated here, and Chips I could never thank you enough for all you’ve had to put up with to maintain this amazing site. Your safety is of paramount importance and should be prioritized above anything else.

Regarding the webpage loading, Google Chrome is what I use and it’s working well for me.

October 29, 2011 at 5:03 am

One last thing….GREAT VIDEO! Loved that..now, I can sleep.

45. 106 Chi
    October 29, 2011 at 5:25 am

Dear Chip,

You are absolutely magnificent…

Thank you so much for this amazing labor of love and haven for sanity…

Most importantly, please take care of yourself…

We absolutely need you, your energy, your wit, your brilliance and fierce dedication…

Love-

-Chi.

46. 107 CTGirl
    October 29, 2011 at 6:25 am

There is no “just” about you Chipsticks! You are so much more to us! Thank you for keeping our little home safe from all the crazies out there, we appreciate you!

47. October 29, 2011 at 6:44 am

ok, im guessing everyone is asleep right now.. or possibly reaching sunrise there in the U.S? *lalalalala* singing to my music……..

waits around on here and twitter…

possibly browse more Obama news/videos…

it’s 23:40 Saturday night here.. wondering if anyone else is awake posting new comments…. *looks around the site at older posts*

48. October 29, 2011 at 6:53 am

Chips my dear, a heart-filled thank you, all the way from Trinidad and Tobago, on your inspirational and uplifting blog and its success. Your words today made me realise how much we take for granted, what you have to put up with to make this community such a vibrant and ‘can’t wait to get home to read and see haven’, not withstanding your family,work and personal and emotional life! Just imagine the research you have to do to keep us informed every day!. TOD,BWD,TPV, and POU should really get a medal for their truth to tell spirit and especially for their anti-pollution commenter policies from the vicious and vile mouth lonelies.

O/T.. just thought you would like to know that Trinidad and Tobago’s Anya Ayoung-Chee won Project Runway and our little island is simply over the moon with pride.

49. 110 Proud of Obama
    October 29, 2011 at 7:10 am

Good morning Chips and TOD family. I, too, want to offer many thanks for all you do, Chips. I know keeping this great blog updated with all the positive and uplifting info on our magnificent president takes a lot of time so we love you for ypur dedication.

When the haters come out you know you’ve got it exactly right. You’ve got it right, Chips. You’ve created a wonderful space where we can get the truth and share our love for our president.

Thank you so much.

50. 111 Mary Gray
    October 29, 2011 at 7:19 am

Chipsticks, thanks so much for being Chipsticks! it is obvious that TOD is a labor of love, it totally shows. I rarely post , but read and take action when asked or suggested. This is a very good thing you do.

51. October 29, 2011 at 7:39 am

Chris Hayes has on mort Zuckerman! Mort from Ork! Nanoo Nanoo!
    Hate him!

52. 114 criquet
    October 29, 2011 at 7:41 am

Hello everyone.

I use Safari and have no problems as yet – fingers and toes crossed.
    I don’t post often but, like so many, check in constantly and have become a TOD addict!
    Chipsticks , thanks for your absolutely outstanding blog with up to date informative and fair representation of the political situation.
    Please do whatever you need to do to be safe and continue your wonderful work.

53. October 29, 2011 at 7:48 am

Good morning chip,
    Sometimes I have these terrible nightmares, they are called night terrors!
    I am glad I can come to a friendly place like this anytime.

Thanks for that-

54. 116 donna dem 4 obama
    October 29, 2011 at 7:51 am

I just think something weird happened with the site yesterday because it crashed my computer and I had to “work some tech magic via my sons girlfriend who is a computer tech geek” to get my computer up and running. It’s fine this morning. :)

Chips I love the idea of updating the threads rather than a whole bunch of different threads because it does load much faster the way you are doing the blog now and it makes it easier to catch up for those of us who can’t be here during the day.

And Chips IMO we know all that we need to know about YOU.

I love your commentary
    I love your wicked sense of humor
    I love your attention to detail
    I love your dedication to this President, his family and his administration
    I love the way you include our links and comments and gives us “credit” when you headline them in your threads
    I love that you are smart and respectful of the users here.
    but most of all I love that you have created this community of family here at TOD.

Your Labor of Love is greatly appreciated!!

55. October 29, 2011 at 7:55 am

Chips, I know there are many of us here who can honestly say we wouldn’t know what to do without you. You cheer each day and even when we have discouraging times, you give us a place to come and lift each other up. You do an amazing and truly tireless job and I just plain stand in awe of you. None of us underestimates the time it takes to keep this site operating at the daily peak level that you’ve gotten us used to and I want you to know that we don’t just take that for granted. What pains me is how much abuse you have to deal with from the haters and the trolls. You’re bearing a tough burden for us and I can’t thank you enough for doing this, because it’s obvious it all comes from your heart and from a deep and abiding appreciation of the wonderful man who is our president. If it were possible to give you back some of the courage and energy you expend on us, I would welcome the chance to do so. Instead all we can return is a lot of love and gratitude and a renewed commitment to go out and work for PBO..

If it’s any small comfort, the level of hatred is a tribute to the magnitude of your growing numbers of followers and the fact that each day you bring the truth.

On a technical note, I have had nothing but aggravation from Firefox 7 because it always seems to overload quickly. The suggestions about how to fix this problem are helpful.

Again, thanks for all you do.

56. 124 Ladyhawke
    October 29, 2011 at 7:58 am

A MUST SEE

VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN

FLORIDA DEMOCRATIC PARTY CONVENTION (Friday 10/28/11)

=======================================================

Vice President Joe Biden was on fire and keeping it real. He is amazing.

=======================================================

57. October 29, 2011 at 8:09 am

Me thinks, the tea party is attempting to intimidate us!
    Think about it?

58. 127 dotster3
    October 29, 2011 at 8:17 am

Forgot to weigh in on the multiple posts or not thingy. I prefer the multiple vs. one long thread, same as always. It’s easier for me to navigate and I feel like I’m in on “Breaking News!” which only TOD peeps have access to, get to see stuff before anyone In The Whole Wide World! But—-either way is actually fine with me. I’m easy :)—– I’m just happy to be here——happy as a lark.

59. 128 Ceb
    October 29, 2011 at 8:23 am

Just wanted to add my 2 cents in agreement and appreciation. TOD is my source of info. And joy

It is like opening an eagerly anticipated present when I come home from a long day of stamping out ignorance and log on. Thanks for all that you do, Chips and especially for weeding out the haters. Stay safe.

60. October 29, 2011 at 8:25 am

Thank you, Chips for all you do. We appreciate your hard work. Shame that some people would use hate to quiet others.

61. 130 donna dem 4 obama
    October 29, 2011 at 8:31 am

Chase Announces it Won’t Charge Customers a Debit Card Fee

JP Morgan Chase announced today that it will not charge its customers a $3 monthly debit card fee after testing the charge in Wisconsin and Georgia. The bank announced that it would drop the idea following negative reaction from its customers.

Consumers Union, the nonprofit advocacy arm of Consumer Reports, today commended Chase for its decision and reiterated its call on Bank of America to end its plan to charge a $5 debit card fee beginning in 2012.

62. 133 Marlz (@marjgra)
    October 29, 2011 at 8:42 am

Good morning All. . .
    Chips, what more can I add to all the TODDERS comments and appreciation about the blog and the wonderful work that you are doing.

I must confess. . . I am now an addict. I usually lurk, but was drawn out slowly and cautiously by those who post here. I have gotten to learn so much (and I mean LEARN A LOT). If it was not for this site, I am sure I would not have ventured on Twitter and that’s another place I have become addicted to.

To answer your question about the threads, I prefer the “Breaking News” type with the awesome headlines. I really look forward to that. Although it may be CHANGE that we much get use to, but Rise and Shine, Chat Away and Good Night are not as catchy. However, anything you do is fine as long as the trolls are not here to bother us! We will be the needle that will be poking the flesh of the Repubs.

Again we appreciate the wonderful work you are doing here for those who believe in the work and achievements of this President.

4 MORE FOR 44!!!

OBAMA/BIDEN 2012

THANKS CHIPS

63. October 29, 2011 at 8:48 am

hey chip,

Just do what you do best. That is to spread the truth about PBO. You are doing a wonderful job at it. Dont care for these fire baggers. May be there are a few enemies to this blog, not surprised, but you got a lot of well wishers too; am being one of them.

Obaman

64. 135 Obaman
    October 29, 2011 at 8:50 am

hey chip,

I like to use my OBD nick name. Obaman in the above comment. Thanks. :-)

65. 136 Suzette
    October 29, 2011 at 8:52 am

Chips to your third comment. I would also rather you and your family be safe, so you need to take all precautions to keep on going with the message. Based on your post and comments I can see enough to know why I visit this site and this is o.k. with me.

Thanks for all the hard work you do.

66. 137 Obaman
    October 29, 2011 at 8:53 am

Chip,

Just keep doing the good job you are doing on spreading truth about the President. Dont care for those nut jobs. May be you got few enemies, but you got more well wishers. Am sure one of them. Good luck in all you do.

Cheers,
    Obaman

67. 138 Ladyhawke
    October 29, 2011 at 9:22 am

VIDEO: As Republicans Spread ‘Politics Of Division,’ They Hypocritically Accuse Opponents Of Doing The Same

68. October 29, 2011 at 9:58 am

Dear Chipsticks,

I use Firefox at home.

I.E. at work.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU DO.

69. October 29, 2011 at 10:41 am

Morning everyone ;-)

A gazillion thank yous for all your lovely comments last night, which I’ve only just read now.

To be honest, I was a bit embarrassed reading the post again this morning because it screamed “poor me!” – which I honestly didn’t mean it to at all! I have the best of fun running this place, it’s a pure pleasure every day, and I really don’t want to exaggerate the number of nutjobs who leave those delightful messages. They’re in a tiny, tiny minority compared to the great people who come here, and what I get is no worse than most of you get when you comment on other sites. I was just trying to explain why I don’t share any personal info here, I don’t want those nutjobs in my life!

Thanks again everyone, love ya. Now, let’s press on ;-)

• 141 Sue in Minnesota
      October 29, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Well even one hater is one too many! We’ve got your back, and as is clear, you mean the world to all of us here. I appreciate that you keep us informed of the ‘realities’ of maintaining the genuis that is TOD.

I highly doubt you could recognize a ‘pity pot’, let alone choose to comfort yourself by sitting on one…..instead you continue to shine truth and light into our world. And inspire us to Press On.

Always and forever grateful :D

70. 142 Mae who love our CIC
    October 29, 2011 at 11:05 am

Chips thanks for going into battle for the good for all of us. I really appreciate you for giving us a wonderful haven. This is my place of refuge each morning, throughout the day and even in the midnight hour. Thank you.

71. 143 Claire
    October 29, 2011 at 11:59 am

Completely respect and appreciate your need to protect your privacy. You do an OUTSTANDING job managing this blog and I am grateful for your work everyday.

BTW, I am a Mac user who also was experiencing problems w/ Firefox 7.0.1. I started using Chrome which I don’t really enjoy. But today Firefox seems to be working much better.

Keep up the great work. You are the BEST!

72. 144 AnitaW
    October 29, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Chipsticks,

Thanks for all you do and for bearing the burden of keeping the crazies out. Keep your identity private and keep you and your family safe. We know who you are and what you stand for and that’s enough. Seriously, I would be lost without this haven to come visit each day. I know it’s a lot of work, but please never stop.

73. 145 Obama Grandmama
    October 29, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I appreciate this blog so much. Thanks for it and your work. It is wise of you not to include private info as I would not want you to have any repercussions due to the crazies getting too riled. I so appreciate your weeding them out. I never sign in but am usually on my own computer so am not sure what I’d need to do to sign in. Sorry. Now that you have said you are updating older posts I know I should not be so quick to read them and delete them. I think less posts is good incase I don’t get to check each day. My Mom is in final stage cancer and I have been away from the blog a lot lately as I am helping with her care.

• 146 Sue in Minnesota
      October 29, 2011 at 4:57 pm

How are you holding up? My prayers for your Mother’s comfort and well being and of course to all who love and support her.

• 147 Chi
      October 29, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Dear Obama Grandmama,

Our love and prayers are with you, your mother and loved ones…

Do take care-

74. 148 GGail
    October 29, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Chipsticks, I (selfishly) prefer the individual Threads as oppose to the group threads because I have short memory span! LOL!!!!

By the time I click to Comment, I’ve forgotten half of the topics on the thread and only comment on one :-)

But I can adjust, I’ll just have to remember to take notes so when I am ready to Comment, I’ll be able to remember all of the topics on the Thread.

75. October 29, 2011 at 2:36 pm

I appreciate this site. Thanks for all you do,Chipsticks.

76. 150 PurpleShoesLA
    October 29, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Chipsticks, I’m relatively new to this site and the whole social media thang in general. I lurk more than post (there’s so much good stuff to read!) but I will say, that having stumbled upon this site a couple of months ago, aside from WhiteHouse.gov, this is the only place I can count on where I know I’m going to get the straight skinny on what’s going on with PBO, the fight we have ahead to “take back” our country from the nutjobs, as well as actual FACTS and NEWS and some intelligent, articulate commentary from the forum participants to boot. BONUS!! Imagine that. So thank you for all you do and however you want to disseminate the information on your site, is fine with me, just keep it comin. As to your personal safety… do what you gotta do. If I may be so presumptuous to speak for the rest of the folks here, not only do we have our illustrious Prez’s back, but we’ve got your back as well.

“Motivation + Information = TOD”
    Peace :-)

77. 151 Sue in Minnesota
    October 29, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Chica…I did it AGAIN! Cleaned up my cookies, and browsing history and wiped out my name/e-mail………….I’m freakin hopeless with this computer business. Once again, my apologies!

78. 153 helen
    October 29, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Thanks for everything! I prefer more posts than comments. I don’t have time in my day to read all the comments and engage in the conversation but I love the posts that I look for all throughout the day and have missed them. Just my 2 cents. I love this blog!

79. 154 Andogriff
    October 29, 2011 at 6:39 pm

My dear Ms Chips! I mostly lurk, but love to come here for the articles and the lovely, intelligent posts from all of you! I can’t thank you enough for all you do, and for dealing with the malicious haters and the mentally unstable and misinformed…. so we don’t have to put up with it! You (and BWD) have created a real oasis for all of us who love our president. “Chipsticks” is a certainly good enough for me, we know all we need to know about you through your writing; you have a warm and caring heart, and a great sense of humor. That is more than enough to define anyone! Thank you.

80. 155 Left-Indie
    October 29, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Chips, muchos gracias for all you do.

81. October 29, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Hi Chipsticks and my TOD family. I am just able to check in for today. Been in the yard trying to water all the plants which I have neglected for some time now, so that took all day because I have to stop and rest and then do a little more.

I came in to call my best friend who had left a message and rest my very tired feet. I could not wait to eat a little and grab my computer to get to my family, especially after reading Chips notes last evening. My heart was very heavy because I would not want anything to happen to Chipsticks of anyone in our family here. Chipsticks, you were not over reacting, you were right. Remember, I asked our family to lift you up in our thoughts, prayers, and meditations for this same reason. I felt it in my spirit. I am loving but have to be so careful and private as well. I had a scare on Twitter, so I am in lock mode. I have a very tight security around me because of a very personal family protection of a few very special people to me in my life who are in very high profile positions, so I have to watch everything around me. We are going to be fine, I know. So all of this is very important to me personally.

I can and do believe the threats that must come your way, Chipsticks and that is why I always pray and meditate for you and our family here for protection and keen watchfulness by all of us. I felt it in my heart. So I will not give up Chipsticks. I will always lift you up and our site here up for protection.

I love and appreciate you so very much.
    I love your intelligence
    I love your compassion
    I love your alertness
    I love your caring spirit about all of us when we are hurting
    I love the spirit by which you create a place that is factual, inspirational, respectful, no foolishness, loving, peaceful, no tolerance for garbage, and a positive spirit about our President.

You are appreciated more than I can expressed in these words, and I love you and will always respect you, Chipsticks. We will make it, and we will prevail. I promise to ask for protection, alertness on your end, and protection wherever you desire to be. You are the most kind, brilliant, and caring person that one could have the pleasure of being so blessed to come into your space. Thank you so very much, Chipsticks. I love you and I ask for healing and many special hugs to come to those in our TOD family who are ill, and have loved ones who are ill. We will make this journey together even stronger. I will continue to pray for peace for you and all of us.HZ

82. October 30, 2011 at 2:00 am

I don’t post often…but I check in at least 4 times a day. I just want to say THANK YOU for all you effort and work to keep the site what it is. I know it may seem difficult at times but please believe you (and your family for sharing you) are truly appreciated and we’ve got NUTHIN’ BUT LUV FOR YOU!