Nov

evening all

Original video here

Most of the local channels have posted either their full interviews with the President, or clips:

Portland – KGW, NBC, Tracy Barry
Phoenix – KSAZ, Fox, John Hook (no video yet)
Denver – KUSA, NBC, Adele Arakawa
Minneapolis – WCCO, CBS, Amelia Santaniello
Houston – KTRK, ABC, Dave Ward (no video yet)
Omaha – KETV, ABC, Rob McCartney
Tampa – WTVT, Fox, Mark Wilson
Hampton Roads – WAVY, NBC, Tom Schaad
Philadelphia – WPVI, ABC, Brian Taff

Daily Beast: ….. Dorothy Rodham’s early life was difficult, and at the age of 8, when her parents divorced, she and a younger sister were sent alone by train from Chicago to Alhambra, Calif., to live with grandparents. It was not a happy home, and at 14, she left to make her way on her own, first as a mother’s helper, then after returning to Chicago, doing clerical work. There she met Hugh Rodham, a traveling salesman eight years her senior, and after a five-year courtship, they married in 1942.

…. Dorothy Rodham was a secret Democrat …. Hugh Rodham was a staunch Republican … After Hugh Rodham died in 1993, Dorothy spent much of her time at the White House, caring for Chelsea and bucking up her daughter through a minefield of policy and personal setbacks…..

Full article here

WH: In 2009, President Obama challenged the Federal Government to lead by example by becoming leaner, greener and more efficient. He asked agencies and departments to become more energy efficient, reduce waste and water use, and use its purchasing power as the largest energy consumer in the U.S. economy to support more environmentally responsible products and technologies in their operations.

The GreenGov Presidential Awards celebrate extraordinary achievement in the pursuit of President Obama’s challenge. Given in six different categories, the awards honor Federal civilian and military personnel, agency teams, agency projects and facilities, and agency programs that exemplify President Obama’s charge to lead by example toward a clean energy economy.

Meet this year’s winners and learn about the award they are receiving – here

Steve Benen: …. “Last Friday, at the swanky Barley House tavern in Concord, N.H., Rick Perry took a little jab at the Occupy Wall Street crowd, referencing an amusing quote his son had sent him from a protester occupying Toronto (see video)

…..So what’s the problem? There is no “Jeremy” – the quote Perry paraphrased appeared in a satirical piece that ran in Toronto’s Globe and Mail. The piece became a chain email, Perry’s son sent it to him, and the governor failed once again to separate fact from fiction…..

Full post here

TPM: A potentially huge shoe is dropping in the Herman Cain harassment scandal: one of his accusers indicated through her lawyer on Tuesday that she wants to come forward and tell her side of the story.

Joel P. Bennett, an attorney to one of the two National Restaurant Association employees who allegedly accused Cain of sexual harassment, told the Washington Post on Tuesday that his client is currently barred from speaking by a mutual non-disparagement agreement with the organization. But he says that agreement is being violated by Cain already, who has taken to the press to slam the harassment claim as “baseless,” and that she now wants to come forward and reveal herself to set the record straight.

Full post here

Daily Beast: The Tea Party Pork Binge – They brought the nation to the brink of default over spending, but a Newsweek investigation shows Tea Party lawmakers grabbing billions from the government trough. Plus, view the letters submitted by the ‘Dirty Dozen.’

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, the Republican leadership’s tether to the Tea Party, flutters the hearts of the government-bashing, budget-slicing faithful with his relentless attacks on runaway federal spending. To Cantor, an $8 billion high-speed rail connecting Las Vegas to Disneyland is wasteful “pork-barrel spending” ….

But away from the cameras, Cantor sometimes pulls right up to the spending trough, including the very stimulus law he panned in public. Letters obtained by Newsweek show him pressing the Transportation Department to spend nearly $3 billion in stimulus money on a high-speed-rail project – not the one he derided in Nevada, but another in his home state….

Full article here

CBS: Individuals making more than $1 million a year could see an average tax cut of more than $500,000 under Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry’s complicated tax proposal, while some taxpayers at the other end of the income spectrum would see a tax hike compared to the current tax rates, according to an analysis released Monday.

Perry’s plan would also reduce federal tax revenues by hundreds of billions of dollars, forcing the government to make dramatic spending cuts – long a goal of many conservatives pushing for a smaller federal footprint…..

More here

ABC: While President Obama hosts a global economic summit for the first time this month, the first lady will take spouses of the world’s leaders to the valley where ABC-TV’s “Lost” and the classic ”Jurassic Park” were filmed.

When the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit opens in Hawaii Nov.12, Michelle Obama will take as many as two dozen spouses to Kualoa Ranch, where the lush vistas and remote access lured the producers of Hawaii Five-0, Magnum, Fantasy Island, the film Pearl Harbor and Karate Kid, among many others.

This is the first time President Obama has played host to such a big summit – APEC is the conference of economies that ring the Pacific Basin. He chose his home state of Hawaii for two days of meetings, centered in Honolulu.

Rich Iott, second from right, in a Nazi SS Waffen uniform

Washington Jewish Week: Notorious Nazi impersonator Richard Iott, who’s also a former GOP House candidate, donated $2,400 (the maximum amount permitted) to Rep. John Boehner earlier this year via the House speaker’s political action committee, according to recent FEC filings.

Iott came to prominence late last year when it was revealed that the one-time candidate in Ohio apparently spent his weekends prancing around in a Nazi SS Waffen uniform, reenacting battles….

…. given what we know about Iott’s pastime, should a leader like Boehner keep the contribution? …. I asked the speaker’s office for comment and was told, well, nothing ….The National Jewish Democratic Council called on Boehner to give back Iott’s money this afternoon.

More here

Thanks Marlz ;-)

135 Responses to “evening all”

1. 1 EDP4BHO
    November 1, 2011 at 7:05 pm

God bless Sec. Clinton, and her family, and may He hold Mrs. Dorothy Rodham in his embrace always. One can see where Hillary gets her drive and independence. Hi Chips :-D

2. 2 proudmemberofglobalzero
    November 1, 2011 at 7:07 pm

Thank you for a wonderful day Chips! Those pictures of the troops loading onto planes made my day. I spent the day tweeting your blog and the pictures to news organizations. I even took the time to call the big,,,,ABC, NBC. and CBS….not one station carried the story on the evening news. I was even hung up on by CBS.

• November 1, 2011 at 7:10 pm

“I was even hung up on by CBS.”

Unbelievable, Proud, unbelievable. But good on you for spreading the news ;-)

• 4 proudmemberofglobalzero
        November 1, 2011 at 7:23 pm

I was a little shocked myself. The young man I was speaking to sounded very young. He must have been an intern.

• November 1, 2011 at 7:29 pm

I don’t get it. Why did he hang up on you?

• 6 proudmemberofglobalzero
            November 1, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I am always very polite….I really don’t know….all he said was, “not all of the troops are coming home” then click.

November 1, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Who said all the troops were coming home this week? He must be a young Republican who’s clearly allowing his personal issues get in the way of his doing his job professionally.

• 8 JoJothecat
                November 1, 2011 at 8:48 pm

It’s because the GOP is not happy the troops are coming home. They can no longer use spending money on wars as an excuse that everyone else hates the troops for wanting to bring them home. That’s all we heard from them everytime the Dems wanted a time table to bring them home..why do liberals hate the troops.

November 1, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Proud…I might call back tomorrow and ask to speak with a supervisor or head of the news dept…tell them what transpired today…and ask THEM your question and see what they say.

• 11 nathkatun7
      November 2, 2011 at 1:39 am

Hello Proud, Thank you for your efforts in contacting the media to ask that they do their jobs. It’s really a shame that CBS hang up on you. This is proof positive that the mainstream media are not interested in covering any positive news that may be considered beneficial to President Obama. I say let’s boycott all of them! Actually, I already have. Now and then I watch C-Span, but I have resolved, for the sake of my health, not to watch corporate media. I still, occasionally, read the papers, but that’s it for me.

3. November 1, 2011 at 7:07 pm

Jackals got their fee fees hurt and are whining about the regional media access to the WH today:

Poor things! They were not the center of the universe today!

• 13 nintendowii10
      November 1, 2011 at 7:13 pm

I get tired of watching them snivel and whine because POTUS chooses to ignore them. Instead of focusing on Republican obstruction against putting people back to work, the issues du jour for the jackals are the Herman Cain meltdown and Kim Kardashian. :roll:

• 14 utaustinliberal
      November 1, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Haha. Cry me a river. President Obama was tired of their crap, their lies, and their GOP slanted reporting so he had to do what he had to do. As they say “all politics is local.”

• November 1, 2011 at 7:20 pm

And I LOVE the way the WH feted them!! BAM!!

• 18 nathkatun7
        November 2, 2011 at 2:03 am

Well UT, sometimes you have to do what you have to do. For more than two and half years President Obama tried to work with these self serving idiotic Republicans. All he got back was No, No, No! I supported his efforts of trying to work with Republicans. After all, he is the President of the entire United States and not just the President of the PL. Nevertheless, with all these teabag-Republican obstructionism, aided and abated by the so called mainstream media, I am glad the President has finally had enough. No more MSM filters to obscure or distort his message. No more useless meetings with Republicans who are beholden to the Koch teabaggers, Grover Norquist and Rush Limbaugh! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

• 19 Betsy
      November 1, 2011 at 9:21 pm

That’s really funny!!!

4. November 1, 2011 at 7:09 pm

President Obama departs for Cannes, France, tomorrow night to attend the 2-day G20 Economic Summit!!

5. 24 Pragmatic adult
    November 1, 2011 at 7:10 pm

I have never seen this article before and I think it’s wonderful read.

• November 1, 2011 at 7:27 pm

THANKS so much for this very interesting piece from 2004. I’d never seen it, either. Amazing man, our POTUS.

• 26 Pragmatic adult
        November 1, 2011 at 7:47 pm

You are welcome. I loved it too and I have read it twice now.

• November 1, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Phew, that was a long read..but well worth it! ;) With what I know of the President now I LOVE looking back to see what was said of him when no one knew he would be president. I am never disappointed. It’s reassuring to learn that the people who met him saw the greatness in him. Yes, Mr. President, we still have work to do to change our ‘scorched earth’ politics – 4 more for 44!

• 28 Pragmatic adult
            November 1, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Very long read but it was so worth it. I loved it and it’s so gratifying knowing his character from way back when.

• 29 nathkatun7
      November 2, 2011 at 3:21 am

Thanks so much, Pragmatic Adult, for sharing this excellent article. I got hooked on President Obama after reading his book, “Dreams for My Father.” This country is fortunate to have elected a man with so much integrity. I don’t care what people like Matthews say, President Obama is one of the best President in my life time. Although I’ve read extensively about George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and Franklin D. Roosevelt, they were all Presidents before I was born. So I am in no position to judge them other than basing my judgement on what I read. I was a child during the presidency of Truman and Eisenhower. So they too get a pass from me. I was, however a teenager during JFK’s presidency so I remember the excitement, world wide surrounding the election of this young President. JFK’s life was cut short, so no one knows with certainty how his presidency would have unfolded as he left many projects unfinished. By that I mean the unfolding Vietnam War and the escalating Civil Rights Movement. I, of course, matured under the Presidency of LBJ. So, when I talk about my lifetime, I am generally referring to Presidents from LBJ to BHO! But from what I’ve learned of JFK, that I did not pay attention to in my teen years, I have no problem including him. So, I still stand by my observation that President Obama is one of best President, if not the best, in my life time. Chris Matthews can take it or leave it! But he is certainly not the final authority for many of us who have been around for a while.

6. 30 nintendowii10
    November 1, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Chips, if you get a chance, get the video of Reverend Al, Melissa Harris Perry, and Johnathan Capehart talking about Herman Cain, Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter, EXCELLENT discussion. :smile:

7. November 1, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Great tweet:

@JohnFugelsang
    Obama’s Fire Department missed a few spots, so conservatives are going to vote for the Arsonists again.

• 33 utaustinliberal
      November 1, 2011 at 7:26 pm

John Fugelsang and Andy Borrowitz’s tweets are always f*king hilarious! The other tweeter whose tweets are classic is @OTooleFan.

• 35 nintendowii10
      November 1, 2011 at 7:22 pm

My condolences to the Secretary of State/former First lady and her family during this time of pain. She truly is a fighter that has my respect.

8. 36 nintendowii10
    November 1, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Watching Erin Burnett and two others discuss Corzine and his firm going under, it makes me less sympathetic for his fall from grace. I don’t support politicians who make stupid decisions regardless of what political stripe they are, and Corzine should be glad that he’s out of politics.

I’m looking to the right wing to continue to lash onto Corzine, Fast and Furious, Solyndra, and attack President Obama with all three in a feeble attempt to deflect attention from the Herman Cain fiasco and for the flat out fact that their field SUCKS.

November 1, 2011 at 8:16 pm

The right wing GOP establishment doesn’t care about Herman Cain – in fact they want him gone because he hasn’t served their purpose of bringing in Black voters to the GOP and instead he’s now a serious threat to Mitt Romney, the GOP candidate of choice.

• 38 nintendowii10
        November 1, 2011 at 8:35 pm

You would think that they would have learned their lesson with Michael Steele… nope. Now Cain is getting the Steele treatment. It’s going to be pathetic to see how many African Americans they’ll prop up to prove they “support” African Americans.

• 39 isonprize
          November 1, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Not to mention that fact that it is beyond insulting to think that just because they field a black candidate, that black people will for the candidate just because he is black. They need ‘a black because Dems have a black’

What idiots.

• 40 nathkatun7
        November 2, 2011 at 3:42 am

You are absolutely spot-on hopefruit. You are such an astute political observer! Yes, Herman Cain, like Michael Steele, served to cover up the racism of teabag-Republicans. Along the way, both Steele and Cain forgot their roles and started acting big and uppity! This is especially true of Cain who seemed to have connected with teabag-Republican grassroots hungry for a charismatic leader. He began to think that he had a chance to win the GOP nomination based on all the polls that have him in front of the GOP pack. That’s why Cain had to be stopped before he embarrassed Mitt Romney by winning either in Iowa or South Carolina. I am also convinced that they don’t even want Cain as a VP candidate mainly because he hasn’t been able to attract a large African American following. On top of that, he has managed to piss off the Hispanic community.

9. November 1, 2011 at 7:21 pm

A total of 350 wind turbine units will be delivered to BP projects that when in operation will have a combined power generation of 560 megawatts (MW).

Some 88 wind turbines will be delivered to BP’s Mehoopany Wind Farm located on a 9,000-acre site in Wyoming County, PA some 20 miles northwest of Scranton. When in full operation, the project will generate approximately 144 MW of energy. The remaining 262 units will be delivered to the Flat Ridge 2 Wind Farm located in south-central Kansas. The project will generate 419 megawatts of renewable power when in full operation. Both projects are expected to be on line by year-end 2012.

10. November 1, 2011 at 7:23 pm

I brought this over from the last thread, because I thougth it was hillarious that the Jaclals were upset today.

LOL…I hate to post one from GOPolitico, but this is just too good.
    It seems the WH Press Corps are quite upset the visiting affiliates received the red carpet treatment.

Excerpt:

Tuesday’s White House press briefing was standing room-only for the first time in recent memory, with attendance swelled in part by a visiting contingent of local television news affiliates.

And White House reporters were grumbling that several of the nine local news anchors, from Philly, Phoenix, Denver and elsewhere — got questions at the briefing in addition to sit-downs with President Obama, lunch with senior advisor David Plouffe and special access to White House staffers from their home markets.

Not to mention tours of the building and grounds and a visit with hunky White House assistant chef Sam Kass.

• 43 utaustinliberal
      November 1, 2011 at 7:28 pm

WA WA WA …….Call the wambulance. :lol: When they concern troll for the GOP, PBO bypasses them and takes his message unfiltered and unslanted to the American people.

• 44 isonprize
        November 1, 2011 at 11:03 pm

WA WA WA …….Call the wambulance. :lol: :lol: Too funny!!

• 45 nathkatun7
        November 2, 2011 at 3:53 am

Well said UT! Finally, the President decided that he doesn’t need the MSM to filter and distort every thing he says and now they are all throwing a tantrum! Let’s chime in telling the main stream media (MSM) to go take a time out until they can calm down and start acting responsibly.

• 46 Me4obama
      November 1, 2011 at 7:30 pm

“and grounds and a visit with hunky White House assistant chef Sam kass” Yum Yum, Back off WH press, My HUNKIE Sam is all mine.

11. 47 Marlz (@marjgra)
    November 1, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Jim Messina joined twitter. . . @Messina2012

12. 50 nintendowii10
    November 1, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Paul Ryan town hall booed

Watch the video as Paul Ryan’s peeps escort those out who call Paul Ryan out on his BS. This is why the Republicans don’t want to do townhalls, they’re getting pushback that they did not expect from their own voters.

13. November 1, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I was very saddened to hear about Secretary Clinton’s mother. She lived a full life. Her family is in my thoughts and my prayers.

14. November 1, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Anybody know anything about AdobeConnect? OFA conference call in an hour and it’s hosted on this platform. Last time I tried it, it would put me through.

• 53 isonprize
      November 1, 2011 at 11:06 pm

SOrry, I’m late with an answer. DId you get on? I missed the call tonight, I had a previous engagement.

But you should have a Community Organizer or Neighborhood Team Leader who can walk you thru it. Usually you join as a guest and enter your name.

15. November 1, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Just saw this on twitter and it looks like a great bumper sticker:

David Axelrod: GM is alive and Osama bin Laden is dead.

November 1, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Good one, meta!

• 56 nathkatun7
      November 2, 2011 at 4:03 am

Meta, where do I get that bumper sticker? Obama has a way of surrounding himself with really smart people! David Axelrod has been on fire lately pushing back against the media and the teabag-Republicans.

16. 57 Sue in Minnesota
    November 1, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Thanks Harry (and Alan Simpson) for calling out the Republicans ringleader Grover Norquist. IMO signing pledges in allegience to his organization is a violation of the sworn oath our Congress people take. I hope the Democrats continue to pour on the heat. And when the MSM starts squawking they ask them why they (the MSM) aren’t covering the facts.

17. 58 Marlz (@marjgra)
    November 1, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Ha. . .
    This says it all. . .

• November 1, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I. LOVE. IT.

Message perfection.

• November 1, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I replied:

@Pres_Bartlet To be fair, Speaker Pelosi worked the hell out of Congress. It’s the right side of the aisle that can’t be bothered to show up

I can’t let people smear the Dems!

• November 1, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Jackie Spier is discovering how difficult it is to shop and buy food on just over $32.00 per week. She and seven other Congressional Democrats have taken the Food Stamp Challenge, where they commit to planning and buying food under the same limits as food stamp recipients. This year, more than others, it’s a very big deal since Rep. Paul Ryan and his cohorts seem to think they can slash funding to the SNAP program and people will still be able to survive.

How are they doing so far? The Hill: “Day 2 of #foodstampchallenge so I can’t drink Joe’s coffee,” Lee tweeted Friday before her appearance on the MSNBC show “Morning Joe.” “Had peanut butter and crackers for breakfast.” Schakowsky has taken to Twitter, as well, seeking suggestions for nutritious meals under $1.50, the average limit per food stamp meal. She said she is also keeping a diary of everything she ate and will post it at week’s end. Her followers tweeted suggestions ranging from wholegrain pasta and chickpeas to a peanut butter-and-banana sandwich. Del. Donna Christensen (D-Virgin Islands) — who is also participating in the challenge — said she checked grocery store prices and found the challenge would be harder than expected. Ok this #foodstampchallenge is going to [be] really hard.,” Christensen tweeted Thursday. “Checked prices in Safeway and so easy to blow the whole week’s allotment.”

~snip~

This effort is particularly poignant as I begin my annual task of picking through some FEC and IRS disclosures for different Republican organizations. Eric Cantor, for example, spent $365.00 on one meal in New York in September. That’s one meal, equal to roughly ten times what SNAP recipients can spend in a week. On August 4th, he spent $370.00 in Washington DC for one meal. Those were not fundraisers. They were simply meals. Eric Cantor has repeatedly voted to reduce SNAP allotments. Senator Jeff Sessions’ PAC spent over $1,800 on meals in August. Not fundraisers. Meals. You may recall Sessions as the one who was so concerned over waste, fraud and abuse in the SNAP program that he wanted even more cuts to it along with assorted other hoops to jump through.

It’s good to see some elected officials learning to live on what’s allocated under SNAP. Unfortunately, it’s not the ones who could really benefit from the learning experience, but at least some can testify.

• November 1, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Here’s an interesting article which alludes to one of the the reasons why Congress has such a lack of empathy and disconnect with the hard times that many Americans are experiencing.

Part of the reason the richest 1 percent of Americans have captured our politics is because they are able to finance political races, issue campaigns, and lobbyists. But the other reason some of the richest Americans have been able to control our politics is because they themselves have gotten elected to positions of power at a much higher rate than the rest of us.

As Roll Call points out today, the estimated median net worth for a member of Congress in 2010 was $513,000 (this is strictly an estimate as assets are reported in ranges). Meanwhile, the Center for Economic and Policy Research’s David Rosnick points out that the net worth of the median household in the United States that same year was closer to $100,000:

For Congress, the median net worth in 2010 was about $513,000. For regular households, the Federal Reserve Board pegged that number at about $120,000 in 2008, and that number this year is probably around $100,000, [said economist David Rosnick]. While it is hard to make an exact comparison between Congress and the rest of the nation, what is clear is lawmakers “are all a lot richer than anything you would call a typical American,” Rosnick said.

~snip~

• 65 nathkatun7
      November 2, 2011 at 4:14 am

‘This needs to be refined a bit: “There is a group of Americans who do no work, add nothing to society and live off the tax payers. They’re called “teabagg -Republican members of Congress.” ‘ I offer this amendment because the Congress under Speaker Nancy Pelosi, and Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid, went to work everyday on behalf of the American people. We must not accuse all members of Congress for not working!

18. November 1, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Here’s a excellent post from ‘The people’s View” (TPV), in response to Tweety trashing POTUS just to sell his books.
    I seen on Twiiter where TPV tweeted this post to CM, HF and MB.

The Media’s Blind Spot: Three Old White Men Pontificate About A Young Black President

19. November 1, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Hi everyone, just added a Rev Al clip from tonight to the top of the post – in case you missed it.

20. 69 dotster3
    November 1, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Just to clear something up from last thread—- President Obama did sign order for emergency federal aid to Ct. yesterday—-Ma. also. Of course, NBC Nightly News featured Ct. Dem Gov. Malloy complaining about lack of aid without mentioning that fact. Malloy is likely under political pressure from unhappy citizens still without power and said he wondered why more out of state crews had not been sent in to help. I just read that 900 crews are working in the state to restore power. I have family there that is in upheaval for all kinds of reasons as they deal with no power at home and where both work and where kids go to school. Everyone is losing patience. Hopefully, all will be back to normal soon. Kids were especially bummed about no Halloween, of course. Think it’s been rescheduled for Sat., so there is brightness on the horizon. :)

21. November 1, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Hellooooooo. Just added links to the local stations’ videos of their interviews with the President – thanks to Video Queen Donna for the help!

22. November 1, 2011 at 8:26 pm

When Ed (Ed Show) stays in his specialty — middle class populist issues — he’s excellent. When he strays into political analysis, second-guessing the President, or tries to get too cute, he’s terrible. He should stay in his lane and he’d do a lot of good in the media. There is definitely a need for his type of bombastic voice on behalf of American workers.

• 72 nintendowii10
      November 1, 2011 at 8:40 pm

PJ, I happened to stumble onto a video on YouTube with Ed, Al Sharpton, Cornell West, and two other African Americans discussing black issues. Of course Al and Corny went at it, and Ed just sat there and let them rant and rave… I was kind of surprised that Ed didn’t jump into the fray himself, seeing all of his out of control rants from the past.

And having heard Corny, the man is naive and ignorant of how the government works. He supposedly has a PHD, yet he wants PBO to all the heavy lifting.. I just loved how Steve Harvey humiliated him and pointed out how Corny is yet another hypocritical scumbag.

• November 1, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Well, that’s my issue with so-called pundits. They try to act like they’re experts on everything. Ed has a limited knowledge base, obviously. He should stick with what he’s good at. I’m sure Rev. Al held his own, though :lol: .

23. 78 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
    November 1, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Folks I hope Cain and Perry stick around. We do not need Romney to have a unchallenged primary to the nomination. It could be moving in that direction with the Rove/Koch machine taking down Cain. Now Romney will be unblimished for the general election which will make our tasks a lot more difficult. :???:

• November 1, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Don’t panic Keith, Romney is already so blemished you can hardly see his face. Look at the attack ads his GOP buddies have been bringing out! eg

• November 1, 2011 at 8:47 pm

In the third video, at the end, Romney goes: “there are plenty of reasons to not elect me.” Then you hear PBO’s voice say: “he’s right!”—-that is soooooooo kfricking awesome!!!!! Rick Perry’s people have killer instincts. PBO probably got such a laugh outta that! :D

• November 1, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I missed that Lisa, love it!! :lol: You know, I have this image of President Obama’s 2012 ad-making team sitting there with their heads in their hands and saying: “There is sooooooooo much material we can use on Romney in our videos, we just don’t know where to start!!!!”

;-)

• November 1, 2011 at 9:06 pm

———- AMEN!!!! :D

• 84 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
              November 1, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Yes, there is a smorgageboard of material one would have to admit. I just hope America listens and watches and will be able to see what a “change up artist” Mitt Romney is. I believe I dislike him more than all the other candidates. At least they have some core beliefs they are clinging to. Obama/Biden 2012.

• 85 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
        November 1, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Thanks Chips. Your videos are very comforting. We just need to get these out to mass audiences. Cause Rove and friends are prepping Mittens to be the nominee. All bought and paid for. 500mil to start off with. The WORLD already knows one on one PBO vs any of these nutjobs would be no contest. Mittens will have plenty of help from the right and emoprog left to try to defeat PBO. All hands on board.

Now I have been coined as a concerned trollster. :wink: Too funny. KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!! Obama/Biden 2012

• November 1, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Well Keith, you do seem slightly convinced that Romney will beat the President. I wouldn’t worry so much ;-)

• 87 nintendowii10
            November 1, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Willard is doing an excellent job of defeating himself… heck Willard couldn’t defeat Grandpa back in 2008 for the Repub nomination :lol:

Of course, a little pushback from PBO’s campaign people this early never hurts either. I suspect we’ll see PBO in full swing campaign mode after the holiday season.

• November 1, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Romney is so gross and aggressive. I saw it first at that “corporations are people too” rally when Mittens got mouthy with the protestors, then when he got all touchy feely with Perry and a couple hours ago I saw a clip from 2008 where Mittens claimed that he didn’t have lobbyists running his campaign and he was challenged by a reporter who cited a lobbyist who was working with Romney as an advisor. Romney got all in defensive and pissed. At one point, he ended the presser, was leaving, then turned back, got in the reporters face and attempted to challenge the reporter who was having none of it and called him out. What a sad fuck. Can’t stand him.

• 89 TrumpDog
                November 1, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Shrum made mention today on Hardball about how brittle Romney can get and how he falls apart when the heat is on.

• 90 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
            November 1, 2011 at 9:25 pm

No, Chips my love, I am not convinced of that. I am convinced of the Supreme Court’s decision to allow all kinds of unfiltered money to be invested in campaigns to make what should be a landslide general election (by means of Romney vs PBO alone) into a close one with the Rethugs unlimited finances. I obviously believe PBO will win if I plan on attending my second consecutive inauguration. I will bring neck and hand warmers for 2013. :grin:

• November 1, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Cain’s arrogance is too thick for him to bow out and he’s gaining ground now. He’ll go as far as he can go to milk every last media spotlight. Don’t forget he’s hawking a book. And Perry continues to staff up with lots of GOP party creeps.

• 94 nintendowii10
        November 1, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Michele Bachmann was gaining ground… crashed and burned. Rick Perry was gaining ground… crashed and burn.

Herman Cain might be gaining ground, but as was the case with Bachmann and Perry, he’s going to crash and burn. Listening to Rush Limbaugh AND Ann Coulter go to bat for him just shows that his end is in the not so distant future. Also, the allegations of sexual harassment against him were most likely leaked to Politico by Karl Rove, he successfully swiftboated John McCain to get George W. Bush the nomination in 2000. The establishment want Herman Cain out of the race, and they’ll do about anything and won’t stop until he is out of the race.

• 95 nintendowii10
      November 1, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Keith, cease and desist with the concern trolling with Romney. Have you not been aware how much he’s flip flopped on issues?

Remember how the Republicans attacked John Kerry for flip flopping in 2004?

Give Willard the nomination, he’ll go off looking even MORE inconsistent than John Kerry from 2004. Remember, Willard has virtually cloned himself, so we don’t know which Willard PBO will be competing against. :wink:

Also, rest assured that there’s a chance that Ron Paul will run on the Libertarian ticket, Herman Cain might run as an “Independent Conservative,” and Rick Perry might run as a Tea Party candidate with Michele Bachmann, that would split the Republican vote 4 ways.

• November 1, 2011 at 8:45 pm

There’s not an authentic bone in his body. He makes everybody’s phony-o-meter go off LOUD.

• 97 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
        November 1, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Concerned trolling? LMAO :lol: That was hilarous nintendow. Thanks for your follow up posts. Yes, I know how many times he as flip/flopped. My concern is the MSM will not present this behavior to the American people after he is nominated. They are all in cahoots with each other. Fantastic videos of Mittens lizzard-like shedding of skin.

• 98 nintendowii10
          November 1, 2011 at 9:12 pm

The media can do as much as they want to, but they will fail. Remember, they couldn’t stop Barack Obama in 2008 with Reverend Wright, Bill Ayers, and ACORN, and they will fail again next year.

Also you forget that Willard has a primary process to go through, which will weaken him as a contender. Granted, he’ll probably be treated with kid gloves by the media like John McCain was in 2008 during the primaries, but the attacks from Rick Perry and many on the ultra right will weaken him… and of course the ultra right won’t vote for a Mormon or a liberal Republican from the Northeast, both of whom Willard is. The media could prop up and polish Willard as the Republican Ken doll like they did with Sarah Palin in 2008 (Republican Barbie) and it won’t make any difference. Just wait until debate 1, let our President sit there, and let Willard debate Willard. Game over!

24. November 1, 2011 at 8:38 pm

I just watched the portland and colorado interviews. they were wonderful. The WH should do this every week! It was so nice to listen to him answer a question without being interrupted. He was kind, caring, articulate. If I could watch interviews like this more often I think my blood pressure would go down 10 points and Obamas polling would go up 10.

What a great idea, I really hope they keep it up. Tomorrow we need to call the Senate and pressure them on the jobs bill

• 102 nathkatun7
      November 2, 2011 at 4:36 am

Thanks WIW for sharing your take on the local media interviews with the President. I truly value your analyses. I felt exactly the same way you did. The President was allowed to calmly answer questions. There were no snide questions aimed at denigrating the President. I was also glad that many did not use Republican talking points. I am with you 100%. The President should continue to this so as to bypass the hostile and ignorant WH press corp.

25. 103 nospin
    November 1, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Link to today’s Nov 1, 2011 White House Briefing

November 1, 2011 at 8:54 pm

What the hell is Michael Moore’s problem? Now he’s claiming that young people stayed home in 2010 because of “Obama’s B.S.”

// “We need young people and their rebellion and their ability not to go along with B.S.,” Moore continued. “And they weren’t going to go along with President Obama’s B.S. He let them down, they stayed home. He wants to keep letting them down for the next year? They’ll stay home.” //

• 105 nintendowii10
      November 1, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Michael Moore proves that he is what he preaches against: a capitalist making money off of the backs of those who make less than him.

Michael should go ahead and admit that he switched sides and is a right wing Republican, he sounds no different than the wealthy right wing Republicans attacking President Obama. He did nothing for his homestate state of Michigan and only cares about putting money in his wallet.

• November 1, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Michael Moore should either:
      1) keep stuffing his fat mouth with junk food so we don’t hear his grating voice or
      2) endorse and campaign for Mitt Romney.
      He’s a a fricking cow. He can go frack himself.

• 108 nintendowii10
        November 1, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I may be wrong, but I read/heard that Michael Moore is a Ron Paul fan… :???:

• 109 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
          November 1, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Yes, he is an unabashed Libertarian along with Cornel West and Jane Hamshire. Wonder if Michael Moore would like to enter a PIE eating contest with Governor Chris Christie? :cool: Fatboy Mike has really deteriorated since his Farenheit 911 days.

November 1, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Listen, these “Ron Paul” fans are GOP establishment cronies who would like nothing more than to have status quo Mitt Romney be in the WH. They did just fine thank you very much when Dubbya was in office while the rest of the country languished. They know damn well that Ron Paul cannot get elected but they will use him to undermine our President in hopes that they will get their boy Mitt Romney elected.

• 111 Me4obama
        November 1, 2011 at 9:15 pm

I feel like going on Twitter & blast the Hell out of his jealous ass, I will wait until I come down a little or else I will be banned from Twitter.

• November 1, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Well I just left twitter and many people are giving him an ear full. I knew there had to be more to West’s hatred of POB than just feeling slighted. He’s a libertarian in Ron Paul’s camp. Which means he wants drugs legalized and eliminate the part of the Civil Rights Act that says private businesses cannot discriminate based on race. The last time I heard West speak he sounded like he was high.

• 113 utaustinliberal
        November 1, 2011 at 9:29 pm

I’m with you Lisa. He can either go fuck himself or take a long walk off a short pier. He is the epitome of the 1% and all he does with his obese unwashed smelly stinky body of lard is ambulance chase all over the country. He’s nothing but a grifter. He talks about the middleclass yet he’s NEVER hired union workers while filming his documentaries. He’s the worst kind of hypcocrite. He has no core. He just attaches himself to the latest gravy train. Disgusting scumbag.

• November 1, 2011 at 9:31 pm

“He can either go fuck himself or take a long walk off a short pier.”

UT, I just wish you would get off the fence and speak your mind sometimes.

:lol:

• 115 nathkatun7
            November 2, 2011 at 5:06 am

That’s my UT! I just love her sassy, fearless passion! That’s if there is such a thing as “sassy passion.” Any way, why not? If it’s o.k. for the half term Alaskan governor, to invent a word like “refudiate” why can’t I invent a phrase “sassy passion.” But honestly, Michael Moore is revolting. Here is multimillionaire trying to tell poor people not to vote. He knows fully well who benefits when people don’t vote. It’s the Republicans. No wonder. Michael Moore, like Glenn Greenwald and David Sirota, makes more money when Republicans are in control of government. He could care less about the plight of millions of unemployed people as long as he can make money pretending to champion their causes. He only uses them as background props to sell his books and documentaries. Just like the Brazilian resident, Glenn Greenwald, who only shows up to push the sale of his book bashing the President. I am sorry, but I am so sick of these self serving con men pretending to care about the plight of ordinary people.

• November 1, 2011 at 9:39 pm

MM has become a sad, sad caricature of a man desperate for attention and relevance. He reminds me of the homeless men who used to stand at the corners or in the parks in DC, ranting away about some incomprehensible outrage. Moore knows less than nothing about off year elections, has no idea whatsoever about policy making and can’t see through his own blind spots and prejudices. He’s an exploiter and a massive egotist and he will end up talking to himself or to a few fellow exploiters who want to pretend they’re leaders in the OWS movement. I think MM will find that nobody wants him around or cares what he thinks. He’s just ranting into the wind.

• November 1, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Beyond perfect Jackie, you summed the guy up. I’ve enjoyed his movies, I think they were important and suggested his heart was, at least, in the right place, but I realized the minute I read his chapter on Ireland in Stupid White Men that he’s generally clueless – it was so embarrassing and ignorant I felt like screaming because I knew it would give his right-wing reviewers endless evidence to show that he actually hasn’t a clue what he’s talking about a lot of the time, and, so, would allow them dismiss his good stuff. I do, to be honest, think he’s pretty dim. And, after his early success, his ego erupted, now it’s all ‘look at me!’. That story about him hiring non-union labor for “Capitalism: A Love Story” …. well, say no more. $$$$$$$$

• 119 nospin
        November 2, 2011 at 6:13 am

“He reminds me of the homeless men who used to stand at the corners or in the parks in DC, ranting away about some incomprehensible outrage.”

At least they can connect their rants to mental health issues or lack of needed health care or medication.

What’s MM’s issue?

• November 1, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Michael Moore will soon find himself busy trying to explain away some of the rather “inconvenient facts” that have been revealed about him! It’s a fairly lengthy article, but the excerpt captures the gist of it. It’s an interesting read about the mindset of Michael Moore…~

~snip~

Now a new book, Do As I Say (Not As I Do) – Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy, by the right-wing commentator Peter Schweizer, criticises Moore for not living up to the high moral standards he claims to espouse. The author, a research fellow at the Hoover Institution, went through publicly available IRS (tax) documents to discover that Moore’s foundation bought shares in some of the companies he has spent a career in the media attacking. Not just a few shares either – don’t forget Moore has always said he doesn’t own any stock and doesn’t have a broker – but his foundation owns tens of thousands of shares in Boeing, Sonoco, Eli Lilly, and Halliburton, the same defence company that Fahrenheit 9/11 attacked for making huge profits out of rebuilding countries like Afghanistan and Iraq after American military intervention.

Even more damaging, try logging on to the Name the Hypocrite website, and read claims that Moore, who says conservatives are racist because they don’t support affirmative action, has only managed to employ three black people out of a workforce of 135 people working on his books, television shows and radio projects. Moore, who says that Americans who live in white neighbourhoods are racist, has lived for the past seven years in a waterfront home in Central Lake, Michigan, a community of 2,600 residents. The 2000 census records that the number of black people living there is zero.

OK, yes, I realise that Schweitzer is a Rightwing author and a fellow of the conservative Hoover Institute, but suck it hard, the man deals in facts. As I said, Street-Porter is a bona fide journalist. Furthermore she’s old Labour, which means she isn’t and never was a follower of Tony Blair triangulation; and like any old-fashioned journo, if someone presents her with undisputable fact, she’ll take it from the source, if he or she be reliable, ne’mind the political persuasion. A lot of Schweitzer’s information comes from the IRS – can’t get more established and factual than that. It’s also easy enough to check out the racial make-up of Moore’s workforce, as well as that of the neighbourhood in which he lives; and all of this tallies with the recent race kerfuffle in which Moore inadvertantly involved himself whilst a guest on The View.

~snip~

November 2, 2011 at 5:42 am

I sent that Michael Moore an email and I told him exactly what I think of him. I told him that if people had gotten their behinds out to vote in 2010, we would have someone in Congress who work with this President to try to put Americans back to work. We wouldn’t have a Speaker Boehner, and those radical crazy ass T-Party folks running the Republican Party. I told him that we wouldn’t have to be dealing with Senators who number one goal is to make President Obama a one term President, not to put people back to work and make this economy stronger. So I told M. Moore that the B.S, came from the people who act like this President should have solved every problem in this country and world. The B.S. came from people like him. I told him to remember what the President tried to tell the voters, he told them not to give the keys to the car back to the Republicans. Well the voters didn’t listen did they Mr. Moore. I told the know it all clown alot more.

27. November 1, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Tuesday, November 1, 2011
    All He Wants For Christmas Is A Two-Horse Race
    Posted by Zandar

Bless his poor little heart-analogue, Ben Smith really, really wants the 1% to buy him a primary challenger for President Obama for the holidays so he has a story to cover that doesn’t involve a political party convention that includes the very real possibility of being covered in thrown feces.

Progressive disgruntlement with elements of President Obama’s governance, and with his principled fondness for compromise, has not at any point seemed on the verge of a serious primary challenge, and the most serious potential challengers — Howard Dean and Russ Feingold — have ruled it out.

But a New York reader sends over the stirrings of that disillusion in one of America’s true liberal heartlands, Manhattan’s Upper West side, where Obama and Biden won 84% of the vote in 2008. A longtime local Democratic activist, Bob Ginsberg, has sent around a mailing to about 1,800 New York Democratic leaders and activists, calling for a progressive challenge to President Obama.

Obama, Ginsberg writes, is destined for David Weprin-style defeat because of “his wimpiness; his unwillingness to fight for anything; and his addiction to compromising.”

Some kids want a pony, some kids want a Red Ryder BB Gun, some kids want Santa to bring them a primary challenger for the incumbent President, because that always turns out awesome for the party doing that.

Here’s a hint. If you have been unable to identify a primary challenger before now and the primaries start in, oh, two months or so, then your grand plan probably isn’t working too well.

Might I suggest a heavy investment in a robotics fabrication team and a skunkworks instead?

28. November 1, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Chapters in Alaska weirdness. WHOA:

(Reuters) – A U.S. Army specialist has been arrested at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Alaska on suspicion of espionage, an Army spokesman said on Tuesday.

Specialist William Colton Millay, a 22-year-old military policeman, was taken into custody on October 28, Army spokesman Lt. Col. Bill Coppernoll told Reuters.

Coppernoll said Millay was taken into custody following a joint investigation by the FBI and Army Counterintelligence. He did not say who Millay is accused of spying for.

• 125 utaustinliberal
      November 1, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat????? First Russian spys; now this? Don’t people learn? The Obama administration will get you if you try to mess with America be you a citizen or not.

29. 126 nintendowii10
    November 1, 2011 at 9:28 pm

How Herman Cain’s Harassment Story Developed

30. November 1, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Good night, and sweet dreams, Chips and TOD’ville!

31. 130 vero804
    November 1, 2011 at 9:50 pm

We have an election next week and it’s sad how the Democrats running are barely mentioning the fact that they are Dems. I wouldn’t even know they are Democrats without doing my research. However, the Republicans running are making SURE they call out the opponent as a Democrat in their ads, over and over. Even throwing random pictures of Pelosi and Presient Obama in, for good measure. It’s getting dirty. This is a huge election here in VA – the House is already Repub so we need to hold the Senate or else its going to be crazy state laws approved by Atty General Kuccineli.

32. November 1, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Hey TOD”S ville…. I am so pissed at Ann Coulter: What does she mean.. we have “The Better Black”? referring to Cain..I didn’t think she had a tweeter account..and thought I would let it go..I guess the best of me just took over:

So I sent a tweet
    @AnnCoulter: We’ve been called:Negro:Colored:Black: African American: I wonder which ” Black” was Ann Coulter comparing her
    “Better Black” to?STFU

It’s amazing how they are playing the race card, when it comes to Cain’s BS, Yet they get offended when Teaparty are called racist..LOL

33. 132 Bobfr
    November 1, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Our4thEstate Bobfr
    Hey, #Limbaugh & #Coulter you’ve got it all wrong. We’d LOVE to have #PizzaCain be the #KOCHMAFIAGOP candidate. #MAKE OUR DAY #BRING IT

#PRESSON

34. November 1, 2011 at 10:19 pm

I’ve also wrote Chris Mathew..and tweet it his analysis of comparing PBO to JFK.
    One thing he said that holds true was: When he recognized that PBO doesn’t have the whole Democratic party out in the media supporting him, like Clinton. He asked…Where are the Dems on the Sunday Talk Shows?

I recall that when Clinton was president Madeline Allbright was visible and vocal she was always in some shows and there were more democrats that were visible selling Clinton agenda…Hell…He went through and survived: Deepest Cuts in Welfare Reform, DADT, Nafta and a Scandal and much more…..It’s shocking that PBO doesn’t have that type of support….A President that passed major Legislation in centuries and undo Clinton and Bush mishaps, it’s actually disgusting!

November 1, 2011 at 10:27 pm

President Obama DOES have people supporting him. He has the RIGHT people supporting him, and unfortunately, most of the Democrats are jealous and resentful of him and he knows it.

However, our President has folks from his administration (Axelrod, Plouffe, Gibbs, Jarret), VP Biden, FLOTUS, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and from time to time, Harry Reid and Pelosi do their part. I don’t think he needs to have a whole wagon of Democrats with their own agenda confusing his message and giving the GOP fodder. It’s quite possible that PBO himself has dissuaded those Democrats from going on TV on his behalf.

35. November 1, 2011 at 10:29 pm

I hope that’s the case:-)