Nov

interesting….

Gavin Polone: One of the many things that bug me about the industry in which I work is the large population of phonies who claim to be liberal, caring, green and unaffected by their wealth and fame but in reality are just as self-centered and addicted to their huge, over-air-conditioned living spaces and private planes as those at whom they point their fingers. And none is more phony and finger-pointing than Michael Moore.

Moore seems to be everywhere of late, talking about the “occupy” movement and fashioning himself its spokesmodel …. this protest would be better served if those speaking on its behalf were of cleaner hands and less hypocritical than Moore, who has suckled mightily at the teat of “those who do well.”

In 2005, the Weinstein Co. set up financing of about $500 million to fund production and distribution. The investment vehicle was created and syndicated by a little firm called Goldman Sachs. One of the films that was produced by TWC using funds from that investment was Moore’s documentary Sicko….

By 2010, TWC had burned through the capital raised in the Goldman Sachs deal. Investors were forced to restructure their arrangement, meaning some suffered a devaluation of their investment … One of those who did quite well using the TWC funds was Moore.

…. If Moore really wants to be seen as someone outside the circle of those he is protesting, it would be great if he would disclose how much he has made off his TWC-backed movies and why he was willing to associate himself with financing set up by Goldman Sachs. Further, journalists should start showing more backbone in testing the veracity of statements made by those who use the media to disseminate a holier-than-though message…..

Full article here

ABC (2009): Michael Moore used some non-union crewmembers when union workers were available in the production of his latest film “Capitalism: A Love Story,” a documentary that argues the capitalist system allows for greedy corporations to exploit working-class people.

…. In a statement issued to ABCNews.com, Moore’s agent Ari Emanuel :shock: said the filmmaker wished the union included more documentary crew people – but he did not deny that IATSE members were snubbed in favor of non-union employees.

…. As a result of Moore’s decision not to use IATSE workers, at least one other national union, the American Federation of Teachers has refused free tickets offered to them from Moore.

…. An internal AFT memo, obtained by ABCNews.com, added that the non-union workers hired for the film did not receive health insurance.

Full article here

Grover Norquist’s best buddy Jane Hamsher is asking people to donate money to buy winter gear for the OWS protestors -

She’s promising that 100% of the money will go to the protestors.

That’s excellent.

But she’s using the very same OWS donation appeal to look for funds for herself:

Oh boy.

Thanks Linda.

Oh, let’s not forget OWS’s other self-appointed spokesman – you know, the guy who’s associated with Charles Koch’s Cato Institute:

The OWS movement is magnificent, it just can’t allow itself be hijacked by these self-promoting frauds.

Statement from the President on Senate Republicans Blocking the Infrastructure Bill:

For the third time in recent weeks, every single Republican in the United States Senate has chosen to obstruct a jobs bill that independent economists said would boost our economy and put Americans back to work. At a time when more than a million construction workers are looking for a job, they voted “no” to putting them back to work doing the work America needs done – rebuilding our roads, bridges, airports and transit systems. That makes no sense.

It makes no sense when you consider that this bill was made up of the same kinds of common-sense proposals that many of these Senators have fought for in the past. It was fully paid for. And even though it was supported by more than 70 percent of the American people – Republicans, Democrats, and independents – 100 percent of Senate Republicans said no. It’s more clear than ever that Republicans in Washington are out of touch with Americans from all ends of the political spectrum.

The American people deserve to know why their Republican representatives in Washington refuse to put some of the workers hit hardest by the economic downturn back on the job rebuilding America. They deserve an explanation as to why Republicans refuse to step up to the plate and do what’s necessary to create jobs and grow the economy right now. It’s time for Republicans in Congress to put country ahead of party and listen to the people they were elected to serve. It’s time for them to do their job and focus on Americans’ jobs. And until they do, I will continue to do everything in my power to move this country forward.

President Barack Obama participates in the G20 Family Photo, White House Photo, Pete Souza, 11/3/11

Beyond funny – from ChristiMtl:

Quick note here

I want to thank you guys for the lovely birthday wishes for my mom….she loved it!

I was on the phone with her and she read each ones. I translated for her the words she didn’t understand but for the most part, she could read it herself, her english is even better than I thought.

She LOVED the picture of President Obama with the birthday cake….

It was funny because in between the birthday wishes, there was a conversation with Tally, Chips and a few other TOD’ers.

So my mom said…”Oh I see a picture of a soccer player without his shirt on”

”And now it’s a picture of a shower, what does it mean?”

I could read sentences like ”My DNA wants to breed with Gerry Butler”

lol I didn’t know how to tell her that some TOD’ers needed a cold shower this morning.

I was cracking up.

So it was fun and lovely……

You guys are the best.

Thanks Riblets ;-)

Emilia (Osborneink): Chris Matthews has written a book. So has Michael Moore. So have Bill Maher, Glenn Greenwald, Katrina vanden Heuvel and Joan Walsh.

Yes, folks, the pimping season has arrived, just in time for the Christmas sales.

Full post here

Thanks Hopefruit

225 Responses to “interesting….”

November 3, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Look at us…aren’t we “cutting edge”? We had this guy pegged from the git go:)

2. 2 isonprize
    November 3, 2011 at 6:48 pm

wow, just wow. This breaks it down like a fraction!!!

3. November 3, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Yes, very interesting. I would bet money that Goldman Sachs gave way more money to Moore’s career than Goldman Sach’s employees gave to Pres. Obama.

4. November 3, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Moore is in love with himself. I support the OWS movement but Michael Moore does not speak for me.

5. November 3, 2011 at 6:49 pm

*points* FRAUD! :mad:

I heard he employs non-union workers on his movies, too.

Reminds me of Arianna Huffington, who basically runs a publishing mill, underpaying writers and telling them they’re lucky to post on her site — all while talking about how PBO is disconnected from the middle class.

These people have no shame.

6. 9 HZ
    November 3, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Hi all, just left Twitter and saw a very sad photo of the dinner at the Bidens home last night with the Cantors. Really very personal and sad story. Maybe that is why Joe and Jill had them over for dinner. The statement stated that the dinner was personal. The photo reveals it as well, IMO.

Then there is an article about the man arrested for the vile threat to the Cantors in Oct. No matter what feelings are, this is serious and sad.

I do not know how to bring a link over. It is published in TMP. It is on Twitter now.HZ

7. November 3, 2011 at 6:59 pm

This post is a must read CHRIS MATTHEWS AND HACKS USE POLITICAL MYTHOLOGY TO “SCHOOL” THE PRESIDENT http://www.osborneink.com/2011/11/chris-matthews-and-hacks-use-political-mythology-to-school-the-president.html

• November 3, 2011 at 7:23 pm

WOW – that was good and oh so truthful. Matthews wants PBO to read his book – well I hope he doesn’t waste his time but I sure wish Matthews would read this article!!!!! He needs to listen and learn and shut his big mouth!!!!!!

• November 3, 2011 at 10:01 pm

That was a lulu of an article and a real eye-opener. Mathew should hang his head in shame for promoting myths and undermining PBO, but he is incapable of shame and incapable of real research and analysis. I hope we see his book on the remainder tables, along with Palins, very soon.

8. 19 proudmemberofglobalzero
    November 3, 2011 at 7:01 pm

sorry but Rasmussen has our current leader leading Willard:

• 20 eveingeorgia
      November 3, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Thank you for this. According to Lazio on Rev. Al today, Rasmussen had Romney leading, so this is indeed good news.

• 21 Mel
        November 3, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Yea I watched Rev Al and lazio the looser to HIllary told Rev Al that The Rasmessen had Mitten leading PBO
        Lies Lies, and a lot’s of fricking lies typical GOP bulshit.

9. November 3, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Democratic National Convention 2012 swag:

• 26 Ladyhawke
      November 3, 2011 at 7:14 pm

David Plouffe had it right, Mitt Romney has no core. That was embarrassing.

• November 3, 2011 at 8:04 pm

“I can’t state every single issue in exactly the same words every single time, W. M. Romney

His handlers probably should advise him to, because if he really thinks his corresponding flip flop positions are saying exactly the same thing then we need to be concerned about his grasp of the English language.

10. 28 CTGirl
    November 3, 2011 at 7:09 pm

SMH at Moore and his mess! It will be interesting to see how Ms Maddow is with him tonight!

• November 3, 2011 at 7:22 pm

It’ll be a love fest CTGirl, much as I respect Rachel she is completely taken in by frauds like Greenwald and Moore.

• November 3, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Chips…I tweeted Rachel and emailed her…way in advance about this story earlier today…I doubt it if she will even ask him, I thought it was worth a try.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-m…. Hope you have the chance to ask Moore about his (GS) backing..We can only hope:-)

• November 3, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Good on you Kasai, it would be great if she challenged him, but I doubt she will. She gives the likes of Moore, Greenwald and, last night, Suskind an easy ride every time, it’s pathetic. I really like Rachel, but I just wish she had the guts – or desire – to question this people about their double standards or lies. Thanks Kasai.

11. 32 Me4obama
    November 3, 2011 at 7:17 pm

I have slammed Moore on Twitter. I am so of him and Chris mathews. All the professional lefties are hypocrites.

12. November 3, 2011 at 7:18 pm

But but but she is a libertarian and she likes to smoke out and she believes that the US is not allowed to protect itself under any circumstances and did I mention she(Jane Hamster) uses donations to buy a quarter ounce of dro and…

13. November 3, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Watch Who Defends Cain

by BooMan.

Not to be crude, but it’s not that hard to imagine that sexual harassment is a real thing. A women asks for a raise, and her boss asks for a sexual favor. That’s pretty straightforward, and it’s probably still not too uncommon. Or, maybe the boss doesn’t like having a personal assistant who doesn’t want to sleep with him. Maybe he finds a replacement who will. Conservatives are comfortable with these kinds of arrangements. Most women aren’t. Of course it’s true that allegations of sexual harassment can be falsely made and used as a weapon for spite, for financial gain, and for any other reason. But it has to be fairly rare that a woman will think it’s a good use of her time to make baseless allegations against an innocent party. In any case, it’s stupid to question whether sexual harassment “is a real thing.”

What’s also stupid is for Herman Cain to deploy the wives of Clarence Thomas and disgraced former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford to defend his honor. The only thing Ginni Thomas and Jenni Sanford have in common is that their husbands are creeps. And that’s their only real connection to Herman Cain, who appears to be a creep, too.

I think Steve M. might be onto something with this:

I don’t know what to make of Sanford’s decision to throw herself into this. (Does she hate Romney, or Perry, or Rove?) But the participation of Ginni Thomas intrigues me, because she’s an apparatchik, which means her refusal to throw the seemingly drowning Cain an anvil is yet another sign that the hardcore insider wingnuts aren’t going to fall in line behind Romney with anything resembling the dutifulness a lot of observers seem to expect. In fact, I’m thinking “conservative crack-up.” Maybe it’s too much to hope that the Cain affair is going to create permanent fissures on the right, but we can dream, can’t we?

We should not need to be reminded but Herman Cain is ahead in all but one of the recent national polls and he’s ahead in Iowa and South Carolina, too. If the Establishment doesn’t take him down now, they might just have to kiss Mitt Romney’s sorry ass goodbye. So, why doesn’t Ginni Thomas want to help?

• 36 criquet
      November 3, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Koch Bros ,anyone? Mrs Thomas’ husband is a regular at their retreats with conservative lawmakers and others such as Justice Scalia.

It is probably a signal about just how much they “real conservatives” including the Kock brothers loathe Romney and want anyone but Romney as the nominee ,if possible.

14. 37 holymoly
    November 3, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Money might not be everything but it sure keeps these leeches in touch.

I can’t stand Moore at all.

15. November 3, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Speaking a wives, looks like Cain’s isn’t gonna give an interview to Greta via Fox News after all.

To quote Scooby Doo: “Roh Roh”

16. 39 ChristiMtl
    November 3, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Quick note here

She LOVED the picture of President Obama with the birthday cake….

So my mom said…”Oh I see a picture of a soccer player without his shirt on”

”And now it’s a picture of a shower, what does it mean?”

I could read sentences like ”My DNA wants to breed with Gerry Butler”

I was cracking up.

So it was fun and lovely……

You guys are the best,.

• 40 Me4obama
      November 3, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Bwahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that is quite embarrassing. May be the thread should have been kept clean for your Moms birthday wishes. “man in a shower” ROFLMAO

• 41 Sue in Minnesota
        November 3, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I don’t know, in her later years my Mom enjoyed a little bit of “sexy talk”……little bit of teasing about her and my Dad who was long passed really made her eyes twinkle and brought a BIG smile to her face. Christi, I hope your Mom got a little kick out of it as well. God Bless Her, and you for being such a thoughful daughter.

• November 3, 2011 at 8:11 pm

ChristiMtl, I am seriously, honestly, truthfully weeping laughing here – the thoughts of your Mom happening upon the topless footballer, the cold shower and the DNA comment almost led to me fainting. It’s just the funniest thing I’ve ever read. Hopefully Tally will come along soon to apologize to your Mom, I was just led on by her – I’d never have posted a pic of a topless footballer if it wasn’t for her bold influence. You know that, right? Thanks a million for the laugh ChristiMtl, you’ve made my day! And tell your Mom we LOVE her!

November 3, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I found this over at Political Correction. It was in relation to the Teabagger that interrupted Elizabeth Warren’s town hall yesterday.This is ALL over everything, in a nutshell…why ordinary people are so angry…I found these words to be succinct.
    That’s exactly right. We’ve written extensively about GOP efforts to poison the Occupy well, but Warren’s alluding to a broader phenomenon. Powerful interests with large mouthpieces have spent the past few years misdirecting the disaffect and anger created by the deepest and most preventable recession in generations in order to rewrite the social contract. By keeping the underserved members of society at each other’s throats, the misinformation machine protects entrenched power from reforms. That’s a more important problem than one angry man and a few ugly words.

18. 54 carolyn
    November 3, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Okay….this is an older lady talking, but personally I can’t stand Michael Moore for two reasons, both of come from my mother’s training, but which took. 1: he WEARS A HAT INSIDE!!! When I was young, we were taught a (gentle)man always takes his hat off inside. I know his hair is messy, but if he didn’t wear that hat, his hair wouldnpt be messy.
    2. He does th stubble beard thing, which isn’t sexy, it’s just slovenly.
    There……you can tell my generation, but there are some verities which define a gentleman….look at our president for the exact opposite of MM! My husband remarks on those two things every time he sees him; he feels even more strongly than I do, if that’s possible.

• 55 ChristiMtl
      November 3, 2011 at 7:48 pm

It’s all part of his act…..to look like he is part of the middle class, struggling…..him and his millions……….what a fraud…..I can’t stand him as well.

Is he going to be on Rachel for the whole hour or she’ll have other guests?

I have a feeling that twitter will be on fire!!

• November 3, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Yeah, its that “I’m rich but I’m not one of them because I don’t shower” type of liberal look.

• 57 ChristiMtl
        November 3, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Rotfl this is the funniest thing I ever read…….”I’m rich but I’m not one of them because I don’t shower”.

Thanks for the laugh gobrooklyn!

19. 58 L3
    November 3, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I just read over at POU that the usual suspects from “No Labels” are behind Americans Elect, a group that intends to select a third party candidate on-line next June. They are trying to gather enough signatures to get on all 50 ballots and accordng to this artcle they are already half way there. They’ve been advertising on Huff Post and includes Lady Lynn Forrester de Rothchild, Douglas Schoen, Elliot Ackerman and his son who apparently believes that if they ran Hillary and Jon Huntsman they would win. Because the group is supposedly socially liberal and fiscally conservative, its believed the third party candidate would draw more votes from PBO than the Republican nominee. Of course they found someone black to be CEO of the group, Khalil Byrd, who apparently worked for Deval Patrick. Go check it out. It’s on POU’s afternoon thread. These people don’t give up. They make me sick.

• 59 Me4obama
      November 3, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Don’t forget Joe scarborough is also a “No Labels” member.

• 60 JoJothecat
        November 3, 2011 at 8:43 pm

“No Labels” but they are all conservative. I think the “rich” liberals believe Hillary will put the kabosh on the financial and consumer reforms and not push to tax the rich.

November 3, 2011 at 8:02 pm

This is laughable..of course they’ve found their “Herman Cain” to front the group. It appears that every anti-Obama political movement needs to have a “black” to disguise their motives. Cornel West was OWS’s “black.” Michael Steele was the RNC’s “black.” Herman Cain is the Tea Party’s “black” and now this guy Byrd is No Label’s “black.” Ann Coulter was clearly on to something here.

In any event, no weapon formed against this President shall prosper. Karma has a way….

• 62 nathkatun7
        November 4, 2011 at 12:39 am

“t appears that every anti-Obama political movement needs to have a “black” to disguise their motives.”

Hopefruit2, thanks for always speaking the truth!

• 63 nathkatun7
          November 4, 2011 at 12:44 am

Sorry for misquoting you, hopefruit2. Here is your statement that is absolutely spot-on:

“It appears that every anti-Obama political movement needs to have a “black” to disguise their motives.”

• 64 globalcitizenlinda
      November 3, 2011 at 8:17 pm

thwy can try all the hate they can but I believe that at the end of the day, President Obama will be re-elected next year. I am doing my best to make sure that this is so

• November 3, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Because the name “Lady de Rothchild” just reeks of concern for the common good. URP.

• 66 Sue in Minnesota
      November 3, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Where ever I see Lady Lynn Forrester de Rothchild’s name mentioned smoke starts pouring out of my ears, and my eyes turn red. That makes me furious. She supported Sarah Palin…..enough said.

Would Hillary Clinton pull a stunt like that? That would be incredibly underhanded IMO. What is POU?

• 67 L3
        November 3, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Pragmatic Obots Unite, formerly W.E.E. See You.

• November 3, 2011 at 10:13 pm

The answer is NO, she would not. I believe that Hillary would run from such a group and would not sully her good reputation and stellar accomplishments as SOS by associating with them. Just because people bandy her name around, does not mean she’s complicit. If Huntsman wants to ruin any future chances in the Republican party, he’s welcome to do so–he would still register exactly zero on the presidential Richter scale. It takes more than “being on the ballot” to have a campaign. This is another quixotic stunt by people who are threatened by the brilliance and success of the president.

• 70 Lovepolitics2008
      November 3, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Corporate America trying to get rid of the rightwing radicals without losing power. Is Hillary CONSIDERING this behind the scenes ??

20. November 3, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Chips, I love what you did the article. Very artistic. great job.

21. November 3, 2011 at 7:53 pm

How the so called mighty are fallen or Karma is a mean bitch that will bite your sorry ass!

I was told by family and people I know in CO that when MM filmed “Bowling for Columbine” he used nonunion people on his crews and that he was a “cheap SOB who exploited the families, police and EMS to make his film for money”

You can run but you can’t hide Mikey. You are a bloated tick who feeds on misery and you are the 1%!

22. November 3, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Ari Emanuel is Michael Moore’s agent? Ari, brother of the evil Rahm? Really? Small world…

23. 81 Ladyhawke
    November 3, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Ed Schultz just teased that Steve Benen will be on the show tonight.

24. November 3, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Steve Benen to be on the Ed show!

Yup, yup!

25. 83 globalcitizenlinda
    November 3, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Heads up. our favourite political columist Steve Benen is appearing on The Ed Show shortly

26. November 3, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Finally someone attempts to rebut Nate Silver’s BS from this morning.

Popularity Is Relative: Why Nate Silver Is Too Pessimistic About Obama’s Reelection Chances

Money quote:

Obama has a chance to have his approval rating rise simply by drawing a sharp contrast against the Republican nominee. In other words, incumbent approval rating isn’t something that’s independent of the opposing candidate. Voters may shape their view of the incumbent by making a comparison.

• November 3, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Excellent lamh, thanks for posting ;-)

PS Lamh is Irish for hand – interesting fact number 2,978 :-)

• November 3, 2011 at 8:28 pm

I guess I wasn’t too far off in the wee hours of the morning for warning people about Nate’s garbage. I just feel sick and angry when I read it. It’s a YEAR out from the election, we have no clear opponent yet and he’s filling column inches about PBO as “toast” using the royal “we.” Glad lots of people are giving his pushback.

• 93 Bobfr
      November 3, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Nate’s succumbed to the grifter click through for $$$, emulating his good buddies Kos, GG, firebaggerjane, ariana, etc ….

An early Happy Birthday!

#PRESSON

• 94 Chi
        November 4, 2011 at 3:42 am

He has indeed Bob…

Isn’t it rather curious how they want to play up the unfavorable polls as dire for President Obama and reflective of what will happen in 2012…

But when the same polls are in President Obama’s favor, they poo poo it and quickly dismiss them reminding everyone that the elections are a year away and unreliable…

• November 4, 2011 at 12:27 am

Thanks, lamh..I passed that baby on..whether they saw Nate’s pessimistic one or NOt.

27. 96 Bobfr
    November 3, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Our4thEstate Bobfr
    Grover Norquist’s bestest friend #firebaggerJane doing her grifter gig yet again theobamadiary.com/2011/11/03/int… & bonus tidbits on #KOCHCATO boy, GG

Our4thEstate Bobfr
    #1%er #MMFlint sure is there for the union worker, ain’t he? Well, Actually NOT abcnews.go.com/Business/micha… HYPOCRITE is actually too nice but ….

Our4thEstate Bobfr
    “… non-union workers hired for the film (aka #MMFlint’s Capitalism: A Love Story) did NOT receive health ins… (cont) deck.ly/~UJvxu

#PRESSON

28. 97 dotster3
    November 3, 2011 at 8:09 pm

I think this is really creepy. One of the 4 men—-the ringleader— in Ga. arrested by the FBI for plotting domestic terrorism acts has ties to both CNN’s Erick Erickson’s Redstate blog and to a recently signed FOX commentator, militia site owner, Mike Vanderboegh. The motivation for planning these deadly attacks was likely stirred up by these 2 guys who are employees of 2 of our major cable networks. Erickson’s website is filled with violent rhetoric and threatening that “mass bloodshed” may be needed if Roe v. Wade isn’t overturned etc. etc. Vanerboegh’s site is filled with conspiracy theories and the evils of the healthcare law and calls for a civil war against President Obama. This is just mind-boggling to me. Dangerous and irresponsible hiring decisions at these stations, employing the kind of people who are stirring up murderous plots in these kind of vulnerable, hate-filled individuals:

29. November 3, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Personally, I don’t care if I never read another article about Moore again in my life, good or bad.
    Quite honestly, looking at everything in this posting, to me the most interesting was Obama’s statements about the Republicans. It is very telling that he has totally shifted away from blaming Congress to speaking about and placing the blame right where it belongs, on the GOP. I don’t expect to see much more in terms of a conciliatory attitude from him towards Republicans. And for those who say “It’s about time, he should have done this long ago”, I cry BS. This is, as is usual with anything he does, perfect timing.
    Earlier and he would have been seen as a whining, unwilling to work with the opposition, angry black guy.
    Instead, he allowed the Republicans to show there true colors.
    There are some that say, this is too early, that people don’t pay attention yet. But this time, I think they are, specially since he doing a lot of this in local interviews.
    Brilliance, thy name is Obama.

• November 3, 2011 at 8:19 pm

It’s all timing- that is why GOP pushback that the President is no longer above the fray, is weak… Even if Matthews and halperin is helping to push this meme, it falls on deaf ears!

• November 3, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Totally agree.

I might add that this “Sabotage” meme is something that is very sensitive to timing as well. It is a very double-edged issue to raise in the public’s conscience. If it’s raised too early and often, it can lead to fatigue. Yet, it is negligent to not raise it at all. I’m not convinced that all republicans are that unhappy that it’s being mentioned, to tell you the truth. They’re simply hoping that people will say that PBO is not effective and just cloud the issue until next year. That’s why I’m glad for movements like (the very imperfect) OWS/99% simply for the fact that the meme is crystal clear: the middle class is under attack.

At the end of the day, it rests with the American people. It is up to the people to demand their representatives not be rewarded for purposely tanking the economy, and to throw them out, not acquiesce to their prolonged obstruction.

• November 3, 2011 at 8:39 pm

It’s not too early. This will be a slow steady drum beat until election day. Polls indicate people are listening. Because for every unemployment report they hear, they are also hearing the FatCat Republicans are voting down real jobs. Every quarterly earnings report is accompanied by statistics on poverty. People are getting it and POTUS has the best laid plans for capturing their support.

• November 3, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Meta, I agree. It takes a long time for an idea to penetrate enough heads to become accepted wisdom. This needs to be said often and by all of us–deliberate sabotage, putting their own ideology above people’s needs. Steady drumbeat is right.

• November 3, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Hey Japa21, welcome! :lol: I haven’t seen you for the longest while, and it sure is nice to see you and your lovely granddaughter again.

• November 3, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Thank you. Ultra busy lately. I am lucky if I even get a chance to stop by. Was able to take a breather tonight and thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth.

• 107 nathkatun7
      November 4, 2011 at 12:54 am

Excellent comment!

November 3, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Our brilliant political analyst and expert Steve Benen was just on Ed and he was great as usual.

31. 109 ribletsonthepan
    November 3, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Love watching world leaders interact…….here is the full video of the G-20 Family Photo in the making. (Hope it works!) http://youtu.be/MV6ods4udUc

32. 128 criquet
    November 3, 2011 at 8:20 pm

From TalkingPoints Memo

“USA Today/Gallup: Swing State Poll Shows Even Obama-Romney Race
    A new national poll from Gallup shows former Mass Gov. Mitt Romney with a one point lead on President Obama in a survey of voters in twelve swing states, while leading businessman Herman Cain by three points and Texas Gov. Rick Perry by five. A broader nationwide poll shows Obama and Romney tied at 47 percent. The intent of the poll was to measure how voters in the most important Electoral College states are stacking up the current field in the general election.

From USA Today:

The underlying perils for the president are particularly pronounced in these battlegrounds, presumably because they are in parts of the country that have been hit hardest by the nation’s economic troubles. Four of the states have unemployment rates in double digits, well above the national average of 9.1%. Rust Belt states such as Michigan continue to struggle with the exodus of heavy manufacturing industries. Those in the Sun Belt, including Florida and Nevada, have been at the center of the home mortgage boom-and-bust.
    Tags: 2012 “

• 129 Me4obama
      November 3, 2011 at 8:25 pm

I have never seen anyone polled as My president. Everyday there is a new poll. :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

• November 3, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Me niether Me4Obama….not only that, I’ve also notice the so called journalist, such as Piers Morgan, He always asks “How do you think PBO is doing? especially if he’s interviewing African Americans. I don’t recall Larry King doing that to Bush or any other Presidents…It’s becoming ridiculous to say the least. Sick of all of them

• November 3, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Gallup is very right leaning, look at the crosstabs, maybe they ate taking into account the voter suppression laws?
      But our base of young , AA and Latinos are awfully low polled. I count 12% lower than in 08 for young kids, 4% and 3% lower for Hispanics and AA…

Uh huh, uh huh!

• 132 criquet
        November 3, 2011 at 9:00 pm

I think they are trying to convince everyone that it will be very close so that if their voter suppression and rigging succeeds, it won’t seem so odd.
        This is my biggest fear.

• 133 Mae who love our CIC
          November 4, 2011 at 3:25 am

Criquet
          This is exactly what they are trying to perpetrate on the public psyche. Keep us thinking that it is close so that they can steal the election. We know it is not close. Not enough Repubs like Romney. They never have and they never will.

• 134 EDP4BHO
      November 3, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Swing state, red state. young people, black people, old people, white people, women, men, Jews, Latinos, independents…….Martians, Plutoians, Saturnese, dogs, cats,………..every body hates your president.. :-D :-D Sick m–f–’s are obsessed with this slim brown being with 2 legs, 2 arms, a head, a dog named Bo, a wife, 2 kids, Christian (or not). What happened to all the good polling we just got done reading? And what the hell do people think they will get from anyone else? I’m going to watch Leave It To Beaver on You Tube. It was segregated when that aired, but at least TV was sensible with a veil of civility. Sheesh! I HATE REPUBLICANS, and I ain’t too cool with a good portion of Americans who don’t know their ass from a whole in the ground. Keep the faith good people !!

33. November 3, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Hey chip,
    Politico evening news read-

Jobs push ain’t moving the polls.

Oh, it isn’t?

34. November 3, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Hi Chips,

Thank you so much for those Obama speeches. I listened to about five of them last night and they brought back such good memories. Will listen to a few more tonight.

• November 3, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Hiya Socasweet, I’ll confess, I listened to a few of them last night too and went to sleep waaaaaaaaay later than I should have :-) But it’s really great to listen back to them, thrilled you’re enjoying them. Will add more soon. Thanks so much for the message Socasweet ;-)

• November 3, 2011 at 8:49 pm

And FYI – for anyone who likes to read speeches, the WH has them all here:

• November 3, 2011 at 8:58 pm

SS, isn’t PBO such an intelligent, captivating, ‘common sense’ speaker? I usually check to see how long a video clip is before I commit to listening, and I can’t count the times I plan on only listening to a short section then get hooked into listening to the entire speech!

Knowing exactly where to find a speech is a brilliant Chips narcotic, I think. My needs are met so beautifully here that it’s hard to tear myself away. For example I literally spent the entire day today at my computer. Not even the offer of a vacation down your way would have pulled me away today. :lol: My poor back is all ceased up, but I enjoyed every minute.

35. 140 EDP4BHO
    November 3, 2011 at 8:38 pm

You know what? Americans are full of shit. I have Al Jazeera on as I’m reading TOD, and they just did a report, mainly from an OWS demonstration in Chicago, and they were speaking with young voters, who voted for PBO. The voters were relaying how “excited” they were about voting for PBO, and now he’s just a “politician”; some said they were going to look for a third party candidate. The summation of the report is that, according to polls, PBO is losing his young base. Truth be told, I never ever trusted these young people because they are just that….young. Young and way too idealistic. Impatient and arrogant enough to believe they should get what they want, when they want it, and not have to wait for anything. Now, I know this is not all young folk, but there was that contingency that I saw at 2 events PBO held in 2008, that were like deer in headlights google eyed over PBO. One fellow on the report said he changed his tune once he became President. Now this young man must have been on hallucinogens when he voted for PBO, because our President still talks the same today as he did 4 years ago. So I say, let them find their damn third party candidate……which has not materialized yet. We will have to work that much harder to not just replace members of congress with true Democrats, but interest young voters who have a better grasp of the possible.

November 3, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Be careful – this is just pure GOPMedia propaganda. You can always find a handful of young people to push a narrative. This does NOT represent the majority of young voters.

• 142 EDP4BHO
        November 3, 2011 at 9:05 pm

From the crowds he has been drawing, I am convinced you are correct. My concern is that young people tend to listen to their peers and are idealistic, sometimes to a fault. I am counting on those who are on firm ground to carry this election, and to be able to convince their parents and others that PBO has their best interests at heart. This propaganda is spreading outside of our borders with Al Jazeera reporting. Seems whenever PBO gets a bump, as was just reported, out comes another f–kin “poll” to bring him down. Seems we are in an otherworld with all the vile reporting. How can such a lovely lovely person reap such hate? I know the answers but it is beyond real to witness. There is no comparison in my life time other than watching MLK and his marchers getting hosed down and beat with night sticks, just for the right to vote for who ? White people. Some of these same white folks filled with demonic rage at little children going to school…..school !?! I am in my “America is ridiculous” mode today, I guess you can tell…..LOL.

• 143 Sue in Minnesota
          November 3, 2011 at 9:23 pm

EDP…I’m right there with you. The business about No Labels running a 3rd party candidate just chewed off my last nerve. I’m going to check out Reverand AL….maybe he can help me rearrange my thinking.

• 144 EDP4BHO
            November 3, 2011 at 9:33 pm

HI Sue. I am so glad to see you on the mend. Please keep up that fighting spirit with rest and a good diet. PBO needs you :-D

• 145 Sue in Minnesota
              November 3, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Thank you, and trust me on am on my way. I will go to the mat for our President. I can’t even conceive of our country in the hands of anyone else,

• November 3, 2011 at 8:55 pm

And they’re spreading that meme throughout MENA? Great.

• 147 JoJothecat
      November 3, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Yeah, what makes them think a “third party candidate” will win? They are ALL politicians and if they don’t know how to play the game like our president, they will be a one term president too. They will keep looking for the nirvana candidate that does not exist.

• 148 GOVCHRIS1988
      November 3, 2011 at 9:03 pm

As a member of that generation, I have to say you’re right. I mean, Occupy Wall Street’s youth is pretty much either trust funded college students from privileged backgrounds who still get their monthly allowance from Daddy to do irrelevant crap they’re not supposed to do or kids of former flower children who believe the most important issue is whether they can get blitzed on the magic dragon. They mostly all voted for Barack Obama because he was, like the profleft believed, their magical negro who would fix everything. It was true that Barack Obama was to many, a clean slate who you could pin any belief on. So to many, he was the man who would legalize marijuana the first day, or the man who would make a constitutional amendment outlawing all wars, or would make college free like Mexico, or would legalize gay marriage by fiat.

I have found that it is mostly white youth who are like this more than minority youth. You never hear he’s a sellout or has done nothing from black youth unless they are one of those dumbasses who thinks that 8 months in jail was a proper substitute for college ( I’m related to one of those, night Bin Laden died was the night he really got stupid.) Even my Latino peoples still back him to the hilt. We know the real alternative. Mitt Romney has no connection with the youth at all unless they work at Brooks Brothers. Rep. Ron Paul, or “Dr. Paul” as they affectionately call him is a politician like Barack Obama is, in the sense that they ran for office, won the job, and received all the congressional benefits afforded to them. I really hope that, “He’s another politician” bullshit dies out. We either elected Vice Presidents, Senators, Governors, Representatives, or Generals for President of the United States. That isn’t gonna change anytime soon.

• 149 EDP4BHO
        November 3, 2011 at 9:19 pm

” It was true that Barack Obama was to many, a clean slate who you could pin any belief on.”

This is exactly what PBO himself said regarding people and how they saw him. He was/is so correct. But this same quality is what caused more “seasoned” folk to intimate that he had no core or true beliefs. Oh well, another dumb day in America. Like I said, I’m renewing my passport come 2012. I need another view.

• November 3, 2011 at 9:22 pm

All of THIS. WORD.

• 151 donna dem 4 obama
      November 3, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I see this all over Facebook in these OWS groups. This same meme is echoed. It’s been very frustrating dealing with this. I constantly remind them for a group that is claiming to be apolitical it seems every time someone sticks a camera in their face they have something negative to say about PBO. I also remind them that “President” Romney or Perry will make them eat their words that there is no difference between Republicans and Dems. They think their lives are bad now just imagine a Republican President, a Republican House and Senate and two more Republican Supreme Court Justices. Their lives will be a living hell.

• 152 EDP4BHO
        November 3, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Donna, this is what utaustin and hopefruit both were saying in the beginning of this OWS odyssey. I still am not on board, so I guess I may be in the minority. Hey, won’t be the first time :-D

• 153 nathkatun7
          November 4, 2011 at 1:23 am

EDP4BHO, Look, I don’t think you are in a minority. There are many of us who really appreciate the insights, and truth telling, from hopefruit and utaustinliberal about OWS. I too have never bought into this movement for two main reasons: the people associated with it who hate the President; and, the timing of the movement that began as President Obama was pushing hard for Congress to pass his jobs bill. If these people were serious about the plight of the poor and the middle class, why aren’t they putting pressure on Congress to pass the jobs bill? Why? On the other hand please don’t despair. Resolve to work as hard as you able to for the re-election of the President, and let the chips fall where they may. I’m absolutely optimistic that if we work hard, and chip in dollars when we can, President Obama will be re-elected. Right now, our mission should be to spread the good news about his impressive record of achievement and at the same time continue to expose people who are standing in the way of further progress.

• November 3, 2011 at 9:50 pm

I hate to say it but, but a republcan president, would have the National Guard patroling the streets and they would not be occupying anything.

36. November 3, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Van Jones can go to $#$#$@# as far as I am concerned…He’s no better than Michael Moore.

He’s quick to promote Jane Hampshire or anything negative about PBO…Yet I haven’t seen him promoting the AJA, that will put people to work.
    As far as I am concerned he’s a follower and not a leader. Where the heck was he in 2010 while Teaparty were making all the noise. He stood by the sidelines..and know he wants to jump on OW….something that ordinary folks started…and then decided to capitalize?
    Sorry I have lost all my respect for Mr. Jones….He was a Nobody until PBO gave him a chance to work with his administration..

• November 3, 2011 at 8:52 pm

He is being paid! It’s his way to make money, all the while claiming he stands with main street!

• 158 EDP4BHO
      November 3, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Can somebody, anybody please tell me what Van Jones is famous for? What has he done that was so great as to treated like a god? I have yet to see anything of substance from him, and I have glanced at him a couple of times. Before he left the Obama administration, I’d never even heard of him. Truthfully. I gave him a listen a couple of times and I was not any more impressed than I would have been for PBO’s personal secretary. If he has bonafides, fine, but why is he so necessary? Just askin’.

• November 3, 2011 at 10:11 pm

He was attacked by Glenn Beck for being a truther and for calling Republicans assholes. It became big news and he then resigned from his position with the Obama administration. The story goes, of course, that Pres.Obama didn’t fight for him to stay. As it was with Shirley Sherrod and Velma Hart, any Black person somehow wronged by Pres. Obama becomes a hero to the left. Van Jones had nothing but kind words to say about the president and tried to make it clear that it was his decision to leave and that Pres. Obama wanted him to say. This truth has still not registered with the left because they still treat him as a victim of the Obama administration. He’s supposed to be an example of how Pres.Obama throws Black people and Progressives under the bus when the right wing tells him but Obama never listens to his base blah blah blah when they demand that he throw out Geithner and Summers.

So that’s why he’s treated like a god.

Now I used to really like Van Jones. I liked that he would tell the left that they need to stop waiting on Pres. Obama to do everything, that he said Yes We Can, not Yes I Can. I liked that he called them out for falling asleep while the tea party rose to power. I liked that he started his own movement about the American dream instead of whining about it. Lately though he seems to be holding back on his support of the president in order to look objective to his friends at MoveOn. I believe he supports the Pres. I just think he’s being a coward about it especially when he gets around certain people on the left.

• 160 EDP4BHO
          November 3, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Thanks gobrooklyn. That is about all I ever knew about him. Bottom line…..it’s all about money with turncoats. Dangle a few gems in front and they will sell their souls to the devil with the quickness. With supporters like him, I’d rather lose gracefully, and take my dignified ass back home, integrity in tact. Have a good night.

• 161 nathkatun7
          November 4, 2011 at 1:26 am

How was Velma Hart wronged by the President?

37. November 3, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Looks like conda sleeza rice is appearing on all the Sunday shows!
    Of course, David Gregory is having Jon huntsman.
    Gotta love the balance!

• November 3, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Selling a book, perhaps?

GAG.

• 164 Lovepolitics2008
      November 3, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Media push for Huntsman phase II begins this week-end and will be played out on your screens during the next two republican debates next week.

• November 3, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I’m sure you are so right about this. It’s like musical chairs or the ugliest merry-go-round imaginable.

• November 3, 2011 at 9:46 pm

They never give up. This is a case of trying to draw blood out of a turnip. LOL When will they get a clue? The Republicans are not into Huntsman. :)

• 167 nathkatun7
        November 4, 2011 at 1:35 am

And Huntsman will likely lose another percentage point in the polls after the Gregory interview. Can you believe these people? Huntsaman is sitting at 1-2% in all the polls of Republican candidates I’ve seen so far, yet he is viewed as credible candidate with a chance to win the presidency. President Obama sits at 47% in the polls, much better than either Reagan or Clinton were palling at this period in their presidency, yet the media constantly tells us that the President is doomed. You know what is doomed in this country? It’s the integrity and credibility of our so called main stream media.

38. November 3, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Good night everyone.

Loads of video of President Obama today at the G20:

39. 171 ChristiMtl
    November 3, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Ewwww Michael Moore

• 172 Ladyhawke
      November 3, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Didn’t you just love all of the happy talk between Rachel and her new colleague Michael Steele?

• 173 ChristiMtl
        November 3, 2011 at 9:38 pm

She’s always like that with him…or any Republicans or Libertarians…..she giggles, she laughs…….did you see her interviewed Ambassador Rice? What a difference!! She was such a ******.

She must be thrilled that her BFF Megan McCain is on MSNBC payroll now,..

• 174 Ladyhawke
          November 3, 2011 at 9:44 pm

She’s joined at the tonsils with Michael Moore right now. It’s a love in. I am so sick of seeing his mug on the tv. So he is the self appointed expert of the OWS movement? Unbelievable….

• 175 SueBee
          November 3, 2011 at 9:47 pm

She was really horrible to Susan Rice, but Ambassador Rice held her own and left Rachel speechless by the end of the interview..some day I like Rachel and there are others where I can’t stand her..tonight is a can’t stand her night.

November 3, 2011 at 9:10 pm

// Chris Matthews has written a book. So has Michael Moore. So have Bill Maher, Glenn Greenwald, Katrina vanden Heuvel and Joan Walsh.
    This is why you see Michael Moore appropriating Occupy Wall Street, even though pimping his latest Forrest Ga-hu-hu-hump fantasy is pure capitalism. That’s why Joan Walsh appears twice daily on MSNBC opinion programs for no fee at all and out of the goodness of her heart. This is why Greenwald is here, there and everywhere, unfortunately. Maher plugs his book weekly on his show. Self-publicizing is too much for vanden Heuvel’s impeccable Fifth Avenue breeding. She sticks to Twitter. //

41. November 3, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Hi vcprezofan2,

Was off my computer for a little while so I did not see your message. I agree that he is intelligent and captivating. He is also not afraid to tell people exactly how he feels about them without being disrespectful. His Arizona University and Notre Dame speeches were brilliant and bold. Infact, I was checking and i realised that i listened to more than five of them last night. He is really a wonderful speaker. Can’t decide which speech I like best.

• November 3, 2011 at 11:03 pm

No problem, SS. I hop back and forth too just to be able to say I got a little bit of other personal life stuff done – like cooking. ;)

‘He is also not afraid to tell people exactly how he feels about them without being disrespectful.’

THIS is absolutely ONE of my ‘favouritest’ things about President Obama! When I was younger I often heard the expression ‘He/she is no respecter of persons’ in reference to someone who spoke his/her mind to whomever. I’m tempted to turn it around to say PBO respects all persons, yet is never afraid to speak his mind. Maybe he respects each person enough to tell him/her the truth because he feels you are adult enough to (learn how to) handle it. Or maybe he has such self-confidence and knows himself so well that he has no fear of the truth. Maybe he can afford to speak the truth to your face because he listens and thinks and gathers all available information before he speaks. Or maybe he is just too principled to feel there is any need for lies. Or……who really knows? For me though, the most telling part of this attribute of the President is that he never seems to be spiteful/vindictive in the telling, just factual. If I could only consistently emulate him in this area I would finally count myself mature*. :lol:

* In my teens I couldn’t wait to grow up…. to feel mature {mainly so my mom wouldn’t tell me what to do ;) }. Problem is decades and decades and tons of decisions and responsibilities later I still don’t yet ‘feel’ mature. Old, yes. Mature, no.

Glancing at this after writing I had to groan. :sigh: I always start out meaning to say one little thing then run on and on. I remember Sue in M (or was it Jacque O?) saying that the 140 letters restriction on Twitter was a deterrent for her, but I believe I’m going to have to start seeing it as a training ground for me.

42. November 3, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Quote For The Day From Andrew Sullivan (The Daily Beast)

“David Axelrod has always been skillful at creeping into your room in the middle of the night and slicing out your heart, somehow without leaving behind a single fingerprint or drop of blood that ties him or his candidate to the crime,” – Obama biographer David Mendell, predicting the Obama campaign’s negative campaign against Romney.

I just love this and could not resist! I will remember this one throughout the campaign.

• November 3, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Pointing out whichmitt’s non core will be deemed “negatvie” although I call it a reality campaign.

• 187 Chi
        November 4, 2011 at 4:57 am

Isn’t it so weird how when others attack President Obama they are being ‘politically smart, savvy and effective’ but when the Obama campaign points out glaring inconsistencies about the opposition, it’s decried as going ‘negative’…

But the attempts to tie President Obama’s hands behind his back while others are encouraged to attack him, will not be happening this time…

Like President Obama says, he might be kind and considerate but he isn’t stupid…

These media types used up all their talking points long ago and overplayed their hands prematurely…

Their tricks are old, overplayed and tired and we now know who they all are…

43. 188 SueBee
    November 3, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Hi Chips,
    I am not new to TOD, but I am new to the comment box. I just want to thank you for the great pics, and videos of our really cool and great President. I am going to email the link to your website to all my friends, even if they are not Obama supporters. They will be after they spend some time on your website. Thanks again :)

44. 191 SueBee
    November 3, 2011 at 9:44 pm

What the heck is Michael Moore talking about?!

45. 192 Claire
    November 3, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Speaking of b-days :) Tomorrow I’ll be celebrating the big 50, just like our President. Of course, he gave me the best birthday of my lifetime on Nov. 4, 2008. :)

• 193 utaustinliberal
      November 3, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Happy Birthday in advance Claire. Hope you have loads of fun, lots and lots and lots and lots of drinks, lots of food, do a silly dance, wear a silly hat, hug the family and eat lots of cake. :D

• November 3, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Claire, If I am not able to be here tomorrow…I wish a Very Happy Happy Birthday and many more in advance.
      Enjoy your day:-)

• November 3, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Happy Birthday, Claire, enjoy ever minute. Fifty is the new forty, so you’re really getting younger.

• 196 Claire
        November 3, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Thank you all for your warm wishes! This time tomorrow evening I’ll be looking out at the ocean and enjoying the end of a wonderful day. That is, if I haven’t passed out from too much champagne by then. I am embracing 50 and all of the wisdom that comes with it.

November 3, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Claire – Happy birthday (early!). Enjoy! (And I love your comment about that special birthday in ’08!)

November 3, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Happy Birthday, Claire!!! I bet that birthday was the BEST EVER:)

November 3, 2011 at 11:07 pm

Happy golden birthday Claire!

• 202 EDP4BHO
      November 3, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Have a great birthday Claire. Tomorrow is my nephew’s birthday as well…….38. In fact, President Obama was elected on his birthday, and inaugurated on my niece’s birthday. And both of them are the first granddaughter, and first grandson in our family, sharing special days with the first African American President. Wow ! Happy Birthday !

• 203 nathkatun7
      November 4, 2011 at 1:46 am

Happy Birthday Claire! I’ve been told that 50 is now the new 40. So don’t sweat it. I hope you have a wonderful day full of love and good company.

• 204 theo67
      November 4, 2011 at 2:32 am

Happy Birthday, Claire! Have a lovely day.

46. November 3, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Lol! I just noticed something, a pattern.
    Obama is up in the polls, wait a few, Jews hate Obama- Jews love Obama, AA hate Obama- AA loves Obama, young kids love Obama, young kids hate Obama.
    Their is sone pretty insidious forces trying real hard to confuse the public.
    My bet is the Koch brothers and the Pope dude in north Carolina. Btw: I had some training at pope AFB in north Carolina, I wonder if it is named after him?

47. 208 globalcitizenlinda
    November 3, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Why do people like Michael Moore love the microphone and public attention so much? why does racheal feel the need to give him so much space to air his me, great me views?

48. November 3, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Wow…Michael Moore and Rachel were put on notice on Tweeterland…LOL notice MMoore was subdued and didn’t bash PBO as he usually does….Keep Pressing On

• 213 Me4obama
      November 3, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Kasai Michael Moore’s ass is sore tonight. He got a whipping in Twitter. I am going to ask anyone who is a fan of moore to unfollow me. I want my timeline to be Moore free.

49. November 3, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Chipsticks…I see you’re taking suggestions on ways to improve your already perfect site. If I may make a suggestion? Could you institute a policy of respecting the fair use policy for the comment section? I’m seeing far too many instances of people copying and pasting other people’s blog posts in their entirety in the comment section. I think this is unfair to the authors who depend on clicks for revenue. I like the “money quote” policy best, but that’s just me. Thanks.

50. November 3, 2011 at 10:25 pm

,i>Six former allies of Silvio Berlusconi in the Italian parliament have urged him to quit after his government failed to agree urgent economic reforms.

The rebel MPs wrote an open letter calling for a “new political phase and a new government” to enact reforms agreed with Italy’s eurozone partners.

Mr Berlusconi told fellow G20 leaders at a summit in Cannes that Italy had always honoured its debts.

But Italian government bonds came under new pressure amid market jitters.

Yields on 10-year BTP bonds hit more than 6.3%, creeping closer to the level of 7% which many analysts believe could lead to a so-called “buyers’ strike” where investors take fright and refuse to buy, Reuters news agency reports.

Chips – Could you put up the links for the next/previous threads at the top also ?

November 3, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Oops – forgot to sign in on that last comment, Chips. Sorry!

52. November 3, 2011 at 10:31 pm

After reading the president’s statement about the R’s obstructionism, I think the congressional Republicans have got to be the stupidest strategists in the world. Their refusal to do anything that will help create more jobs and rebuild our infrastructure becomes more radical by the day. There is no justification for what they do and they end up sounding like babbling idiots. Mainly, though, they are lobbing softballs to the president, giving him dynamite, populist memes that he can deliver over and over and over again until everybody in the country gets it. And then he says “if they don’t act, I will.” How dumb does a party have to be to put that much ammunition into an opponent’s hands?

Unemployment is actually rising in Pennsylvania and I was very concerned that people would say it was PBO’s fault and not Tom “Cut It” Corbett. But the poll released this morning shows that PBO is getting through to even the slowest-witted. They may not get all the details, but they do know someone is trying to help them and it isn’t their Republican governors or their newly minted reps in Congress. It’ none other than Barack Obama.

November 3, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Good news, Jackie. The tragedy of this entire screwed up situation, is that we have the power to FIX IT NOW…with relatively little pain to most of us.THEY choose not to help. People must hear this over and over and over and over again….

November 3, 2011 at 11:17 pm

I’m just watching The Ed Show now. If you want me to continue, Press A for Yes and B for No.

Anyway, I think I heard Steve Benen discussing a poll in Florida wherein 1 out of every 4 Republicans agrees that the Rs in Congress are deliberately hurting the economy for political reasons (to hurt President Obama) – working against the interests of the American people.

That’s a pretty high # of Republicans who are admitting that.

And still the Republicans in Congress are not moved.

54. November 3, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Hi vcprezofan2,

I enjoyed reading your reply. PBO has made speaking in sentences and expressing ourselves acceptable again. Sharing words that compliment someone is beautiful. So do not restrict yourself or feel sorry. I guess it is time for bed now. Catch up with you tomorrow.

Happy Birthday Claire.