Nov

rise and shine

April, 2009

Steve Benen: Bill Daley’s tenure as White House chief of staff has proven to be more difficult than administration insiders had expected…. It’s not a surprise, then, that Daley’s “responsibilities are shifting” in the West Wing:

On Monday, Mr. Daley turned over day-to-day management of the West Wing to Pete Rouse, a veteran aide to President Obama, according to several people familiar with the matter…..

…. Rouse served as acting White House CoS from October 2010 to mid-January 2011 – a time when the White House put together quite a winning streak. Rouse also enjoys strong support among White House staffers and, as a former leading Hill staffer, will get along much better with congressional Democrats. (Harry Reid, in particular, had no use for Daley, and was known to have complained about Daley directly to the president.)

As someone who was less than thrilled when Daley got the job, I’m not exactly sorry to see the “shift” in his responsibilities. Regardless, I’d argue the more Rouse is helping run the West Wing, the better.

Full post here

Good luck today Ohio

Morning everyone ;-)

127 Responses to “rise and shine”

1. November 8, 2011 at 8:43 am

Hey chip,
    Good morning-
    I just watched bill Clinton interview, he was actually nice to this President, same talking points.
    Maybe, the media is just trying to drive a wedge?

• 2 Jessica
      November 8, 2011 at 8:46 am

Or maybe Hillary told him to stfu.

November 8, 2011 at 8:50 am

Or maybe the pushback from Twitter and elsewhere was getting to him. Tweety dialed back a bit as well. He got a LOT of pushback from PBO’s supporters.

• November 8, 2011 at 8:51 am

Or, maybe the media took something out of context? Possible?

• 5 utaustinliberal
            November 8, 2011 at 8:59 am

I saw Bill Clinton’s appearance on Morning Joe and it was yawn inducing. Blah..blah..blah… my book….my book….my book. We should do more wind energy, we should stop using foreign oil, we should improve the national electric grid, Abraham Lincoln did so much and would have done even more if he was alive now… I gove solutions to all these problems in my book. Blah…blah…blah….my book…my book…my book.

Jeez, it’s like STFU already Bubba. Why the fuck didn’t you fix all those list of problems when you were President? :roll:

• November 8, 2011 at 9:43 am

He got distracted with his Oval Office extracurricular activities.

• 7 theo67
              November 8, 2011 at 11:08 am

That is the question that he should answer, since he wasn’t dealing with a global economic collapse and two wars during his time. If these ideas are so simple, why didn’t he get to them? All those issues existed back then, too. It’s the same nonsense that he did with the 14th amendment thing. If he would have used the 14th to avoid a government shutdown, then why didn’t he use it when he was President?

• 8 Cha
              November 8, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Why didn’t he suggest we get off foreign OIL when bush-cheney was in office? Was he scared of them?!!

• November 8, 2011 at 8:48 am

Looks like Bill Clinton lost the……narrative. How ironic. Criticizing Pres. Obama for bad messaging and letting the narrative slip while committing the exact same sins with his book tour. UNLESS that was his intent which if what I think of Bill is true then…..

• November 8, 2011 at 8:55 am

Hi Jovie,

Would you mind giving us a little synopsis of what Bill Clinton said?

Morning everyone!

• 12 utaustinliberal
        November 8, 2011 at 9:11 am

Bill Clinton said he gave the Obama admin some advice before and after the Dems lost the mid-terms and they didn’t really take his advice. (Uh Bubba… you also campaigned for the Dems and they still lost so don’t put that on PBO), he talked about how we’re not doing enough on wind energy, education, reduction in usage of foreign oil, dearth of capable national electric grids, and infrastructure. He talked about how Abraham Lincoln and the transcontinental system and blah blah blah. Everything went back to his book. All the solutions to all our and the Obama admins problems are in his book. Need I remind Bubba that under the Obama Admin usage and production of domestic oil has gone up, education reform has been improving in leaps and bounds under Arne Duncan and on and on and on.

My question to him is: Why didn’t you fix all the problems when you were President? Instead you left PBO to clean up your mess like DADT, healthcare reform, welfare reform and on and on and on.

• November 8, 2011 at 9:14 am

Everything he mentions there is already on Pres. Obama’s agenda but we have this thing called Congress that keeps getting in the way. He’s not saying anything new. Why didn’t he write a book about his world travels instead of “If I Was Still President”?

• November 8, 2011 at 10:42 am

If Clinton really wanted to help, why doesn’t tell how to get the Republicans in Congress to fund infrastructure projects, green energy projects, more funds for education, etc. It never ceases to amaze how people put all this stuff in the President’s lap as though he’s some kind of dictator. You’d think if anyone would know better, it would be Clinton. President Obama has said we need to do all the things Clinton said since he was in the IL Senate and probably before. Hilary ought to pimp smack Bill. Doesn’t he know that she’s working for the President and this can’t be helpful to their relationship. If fact, IMO Hilary should have kicked Bill to the curb a long time ago – but tjen to each her own.

• November 8, 2011 at 9:18 am

Thanks utaustin: you give excellent synopses!

• 16 Linda
          November 8, 2011 at 9:24 am

Hmmmm….so I guess his book is all about how PBO is fixing his messes one at a time like DADT….DOMA….and those lousy trade deals .

What an ego.

November 8, 2011 at 9:45 am

Need I remind him that the Glass-Stegall thing he did…AWESOME! (Huge snark!) Thanks, Bill.

• 18 theo67
          November 8, 2011 at 11:20 am

That’s another good point – aside from Congressional obstruction, President Obama has been busy cleaning up Bill Clinton and George Bush’s messes. Regardless, President Obama has made impressive inroads on energy initiatives. Maybe if Bill Clinton had been more interested in investing in this country, than leaving a surplus that was balanced on the backs of the poor and then quickly gobbled up by George Bush – some of these investments might have been a lot further off.

Also, didn’t Bill Clinton lose heavily in the midterms too, except he decided to go right and suck up to the GOP? My blood is boiling.

• 19 nathkatun7
          November 8, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Bravo, UT! How come the so called journalists don’t ask Bill Clinton the basic question you just asked? These problems did not just happen in the last three years. I have added Bill ‘s book to my list of books I will never spend a penny on.

• 20 dotster3
      November 8, 2011 at 9:22 am

Could Ann Curry be trying to drive a wedge when she asked Clinton if he ever thinks the country would be a lot better off if Hillary were president. The news media is absolutely shameful, seemingly solely interested in stirring up controversy. But it appeared Bill had heard that many were unhappy with his criticisms and “helpful” advice and was his best self during the interview, complimentary of Obama and WH policies.

• November 8, 2011 at 9:45 am

That’s how they improve ratings and please corporate sponsors. With drama.

• 22 JoJothecat
        November 8, 2011 at 9:49 am

The media and GOP were praying for a Hillary presidency just like the DEMs pray for Cain, Perry, Palin, or Bachman nominee. They would have crucified Hillary probably just as worst. Bill would have been followed and there would have been some woman found. He would not be peddling a book, he’d be peddling something else.

• 23 Lorraine
      November 8, 2011 at 9:49 am

Good Morning, I say this with love and kindness I think some people want to see former President Clinton as the villian, regardless of what he does. Sometimes when I read the post I find myself thinking that way and I have to stop myself. He can be insufferable at times but I don’t think he would do anything willingly to hurt the President. Again I say, if he does something, the Lord will take care of him, Himself. I’m trusting President Clinton.

• November 8, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Good afternoon, Lorraine. Hope you are having a good day! :lol:

I hear your point, but, in fairness, no one would see Bill as a villain if he would efface himself and keep his critical opinions to himself, or, better yet, SHARE THEM PRIVATELY with the White House. We here have had virtually no personal contact with our President, yet we are all aware that he is a leader who is ALWAYS willing to listen to input. We’ve seen it in his actions and heard it from those who have been on the inside. Why doesn’t Bill Clinton, whose wife works with the President, know this?

Whether Bill’s disloyal actions are done ‘willingly’ or not, they undermine the sitting president, a situation HE should be well able to understand. It has been said that he’s very intelligent. He has himself been in the position for eight years, and been faced with a fraction of the obstruction PBO faces. IMO he not only KNOWS the power of his actions and words, he is also selfish/self-centered. IMO if Bill’s solutions were really to help get the country back on track, rather than to say ‘Hey! Look at me, the great two-term president, I know how to solve this’, he’d share them in a quiet and appropriate manner where they would do the most good for the country.

I have to say that making racial slurs during the 2008 campaign, sidling up to Paul Ryan and telling him to ‘call me’ re his abysmal financial plan, saying what he would (not) do re debt ceiling and 14th Amendment in the middle of the crisis, pontificating on national TV that he has all the answers to the current U S problems in his book do not in any way stir my trust in Bill Clinton. He can couch it in any terms he wants, but quite frankly I see him as a snake I wouldn’t want standing behind me in his current iteration. ‘If it waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck…etc. etc.’

• November 8, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Right, vc..no one would see Bill as the villian if he wouldn’t be all about himself and not about our Country. Maybe he could try that for a CHANGE?!

• 26 nathkatun7
        November 8, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Lorraine, I doubt any one on this site wants to see President Clinton as villain. Speaking for myself, I just don’t understand why he is all over T.V., second guessing President Obama and offering public advice and criticism to the President which I am sure he could easily give him in private. What irritates me the most is that President Clinton was totally silent for 8 years during George W. Bush’s presidency. But now all of sudden he is all over the air waves making statements he should no fully well, since he is a former president, the media and the GOP would use to bash President Obama.

2. 27 Me4obama
    November 8, 2011 at 8:47 am

GoodMorning My TOD Family, My Name is “SAINT” me4obama and I have been a good girl all along. Oh Chips, we are in really huge trouble that someone from WH knows about this wonderful blog. I promise to behave from now until 1pm this afternoon. Everyone GO OUT & VOTE No on #issue2 those from OH.

3. 44 a4alice
    November 8, 2011 at 8:47 am

Morning TOD

Like I said at the end of the other post good luck to all of you with important voting issues!

We vote today here for city council, school board that kind of thing.

Everyone have a super day! :-)

(quietly going back to work………)

4. November 8, 2011 at 8:49 am

COS is traditionally a lightning rod position for any admin. It’s not a BFD that there is a change.

November 8, 2011 at 8:57 am

Looks like Squirmy Hermie will be giving a press conference today at a Scottsdale hotel to answer the questions about his sexual escapades…yea, whatever.

November 8, 2011 at 9:03 am

My response from the last thread:

That presser at 5PM EST is well-timed to take the focus off the very important elections going on in OH/PA/NJ…where the voters will send a very strong message to the Republicans in congress, local/state governments, media and elsewhere. Of course, the media would rather that we be focused on minstrel show that is Herman Cain who fulfills just about every unsavory racial stereotype, instead of the issues that really matter to this country.

• 56 TrumpDog
      November 8, 2011 at 9:42 am

Gross. Why is he HERE of all places?

November 8, 2011 at 9:53 am

Who knows. another money grubbing fundraiser for the man the wants to be king….Cain the Performance Artist! Makes me sick to know that we’ll be “breathing the same air”….on another note TD, if you’re so inclined to join me tonight, Ben Quayle has a town hall at Horizon HS…I’m going to see what he lies about…hopefully I won’t get arrested:) Hoping to ask him a question…..6:30 – 8pm….why don’t you come?? It’ll be FUN:)

6. 58 Fred
    November 8, 2011 at 8:58 am

good morning TOD family and honestly good riddance to Daley.Daley was “working” half-assed for POTUS imho so If Rouse can make things happen and fast I say bring it!

November 8, 2011 at 9:03 am

PBO is going to mock the Philadelphia Eagles when he is in PA today. Da Bears wiped them! ;)

8. 60 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    November 8, 2011 at 9:09 am

THAT CARTOON IS QUITE FITTING FOR MR. CAIN…CAUGHT W/ HIS HANDS IN THE COOKIE JAR! THANK GOD…THE TRUTH FINDS IT’S WAY OUT OF THE DARKNESS. I AM ONLY SAD BECAUSE THIS BEHAVIOR IS ATTACHED TO AN AFRICAN AMERICAN. SHAMEFUL AND A POOR EXAMPLE FOR OUR CHILDREN!

• 61 theo67
      November 8, 2011 at 11:42 am

He shamed the AA community with that first and where he hit on all the stereotypes about black people voting Dem because they don’t want to work, and talking about getting abortions for their pregnant “ho”, etc. It was so offensive. When he made bigoted statements about not hiring Muslims in his cabinet, I think the Tea Party fell in love. Everything about him is revolting.

• 62 Obama Grandmama
      November 8, 2011 at 1:17 pm

It’s sad that the audience on Jimmy Kimmel was going wild over Herman Cain last night.

9. November 8, 2011 at 9:11 am

Come on OHIO AND MISSISSIPPI.

come through for the people.

GET OUT AND VOTE

• November 8, 2011 at 9:13 am

And viginia, Iowa and Oregon!

• 66 Linda
      November 8, 2011 at 9:19 am

Mississippi is just bizarre….If life begins at fertilization I guess that means everyone is 9 months older than we all thought….

Hey….that means I can apply for my Medicare today…instead of waiting until next May…..

It also means that anyone 17 yrs and 3 months can now vote because they are really already 18 years old.

10. November 8, 2011 at 9:12 am

OF COURSE, his dumb azz would.

…………………………..

Rick Perry: I would support strike on Iran
    The State Column | Staff | Monday, November 07, 2011

Republican presidential candidate and Texas Republican governor Rick Perry said over the weekend that he would support an Israeli attack on Iran if there is proof Tehran is moving closer to having a nuclear weapon.

“Obviously, we are going to support Israel. And I’ve said that we will support Israel in every way that we can, whether it’s diplomatic, whether it’s economic sanctions, whether it’s overt or covert operations, up to and including military action,” the Texas governor said in an interview on CNN.

Read more: http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/rick-perry-i-would-support-strike-on-iran/#ixzz1d7h92q9D

• 69 theo67
      November 8, 2011 at 11:49 am

One more Republican idiot who doesn’t ask himself the question: “and then what?” – Allow Israel to strike Iran while Israel is increasingly alienated in the region, and Russia and China are still aligned with Iran – and then what? World War III.

11. 70 Ladyhawke
    November 8, 2011 at 9:13 am

THE HOUSE OF ROUSE (aka “The Fixer”)

I am thrilled to hear that Pete Rouse will be taking over the day to day Chief of Staff responsibilities. I really like his style. He quietly gets the job done and he knows how to make the trains run on time. He has been with President Obama for a long time and is one of his closed advisers.

Pete Rouse

=========

The House of Rouse is a calmer place, with more memos and less yelling. While Mr. Emanuel was in charge, the West Wing crackled with energy, urgency and stress as it careened from one crisis to another. Under Mr. Rouse, it exudes a sense of order and process even amid perhaps its most fateful political crisis yet.

Mr. Rouse’s meetings tend to be quicker and more relaxed, with people feeling freer to make jokes or check their BlackBerry. Where Mr. Emanuel used such meetings to extract intelligence and issue directives, Mr. Rouse uses them to share information and, when an issue is raised, requests a memo or another meeting. Those not in Mr. Emanuel’s inner circle now feel free to drop by the chief of staff’s office; some say they have been there more in a month than in the previous 20 months combined.

==========

12. November 8, 2011 at 9:16 am

LePage: Welfare recipients should take drug tests

Gov. Paul LePage wants welfare recipients to submit to random drug testing before they receive benefits, and he plans to submit legislation in January calling for that requirement.

Speaking at a Chamber breakfast in the Franklin County town of Jay on Friday, the governor said he doesn’t think it’s unreasonable to ask welfare recipients to do what all truck drivers must do.

The idea could have trouble getting off the ground.

A measure to require MaineCare recipients to take a drug test failed during the last legislative session and the constitutionality of drug testing for welfare recipients is under scrutiny in other states, including Florida.

Robyn Merrill with Maine Equal Justice Partners said she doesn’t think LePage’s proposal would make it through the Legislature, but if it does, she predicted a legal challenge here, too.

“It comes down to the fact that a drug test is a warrantless search,” she said. “There needs to be reasonable suspicion.”

House Democratic Leader Emily Cain of Orono panned the idea.“This is just deja vu all over again,” she said. “The Legislature already rejected this idea for good reason — it is unconstitutional and it costs more than it saves. The governor continues to propose the wrong solutions for Maine, from cutting unemployment insurance, to loosening child labor laws, and now this.”

• 76 TrumpDog
      November 8, 2011 at 9:44 am

Welfare recipients are always the easiest group to pick on. It’s so disgusting.

• November 8, 2011 at 9:52 am

Our elected officials are the biggest welfare recipients. If they want to drug test, let’s start with them.

• 80 Sue in Minnesota
        November 8, 2011 at 10:17 am

Number one scapegoat, because the powers that be want to divide the 99% and encourage them to eat their own. Fact is our biggest welfare recipients are some of our major corporations and the fastest fat cats. Maybe we should drug test the CEO’s before they get their tax breaks.

Busy and exciting day ahead…..my computer is again acting up…..I may end up in the dark about all that is going on across the country.
        I’ll try not to gnaw off my fingers if in fact that happens, praying that it doesn’t. More importantly praying that the 99% be served in the best possible way through this election, and that everyone gets out to vote.Definitely high drama today.

VC….when you pop in…..I am going to Twitter to follow you now. If I lose the ability to communicate….I’ll be back as soon as I can get this computer in for a thorough check up. Fingers crossed that whatever is wrong can be fixed. I can not afford a new computer….too many medical bills…..I am going to think positive.

May the 99% prevail, in Ohio, and may women’s rights be preserved in Mississippi. God, please hear our prayers!

• 81 a4alice
          November 8, 2011 at 10:22 am

hey sue – what’s your handle for twiiter?

• 82 Sue in Minnesota
            November 8, 2011 at 10:40 am

fairwarrioress…….just went to twitter to try to follow VC, seems they are experiencing technical delays right now. Does that happen often?
            I am beginning to think I might be bad juju;)

Alice, I hope my computer doesn’t crash……but VC is going to try to get me started on Twitter, reluctant as I am, as soon as I get a bit of a handle on it, I will most definitely follow you.

I hope you have a great day…probably still pumped from the OFA meeting last night….thanks for jumping in!

• 83 a4alice
              November 8, 2011 at 12:20 pm

yep you betcha sue! and twitter – if I can get it – anyone can. I’m on lunch right now so I’m gonna hop on and look fer yez.

• 84 Sue in Minnesota
                November 8, 2011 at 4:24 pm

‘you betcha’…….:D spoken like a true Minnesotan!

My compter did crash…….called several repair places for home visit, the one I got a hold off was in Monticello, that’s a long way from where I live in Bloomington. Called HP…..the worked out the problems for me, took sometime. Not absolutely sure but when I downloaded our fine President all wet and smokin hot to my computer is when I think my troubles began. Now that’s some hot stuff.

Anyway…my computer has been working fine since…..I’m heading over to Twitter to see if I can become completely confused ;)

• November 8, 2011 at 9:48 am

Then so should members of any legislature reuiring such tests for those receiving any government checks.

• 86 theo67
      November 8, 2011 at 11:51 am

Class warfare.

13. November 8, 2011 at 9:16 am

It would be nice if the media told people about number 3 in Ohio- which is a referendum on th individual mandate.
    I look at the polling and the hcr law is polling in the mid 30s.
    I just don’t understand how anybody could be against HC?

November 8, 2011 at 9:39 am

Thanks for that, jovie:) Just called my sister in Ohio and told her about that….don’t know the wording of it all, but told her that the individual mandate is a GOOD thing. and to be careful reading the wording of this on the ballot…they always try to confuse you with the wording!

14. November 8, 2011 at 9:23 am

Don’t Be Pathetic, Go Vote
    by BooMan
    Tue Nov 8th, 2011 at 08:31:46 AM EST

I got a robocall yesterday about a school board election. That has never happened before, and it’s an indication of how the Citizen’s United ruling is going to screw us over in this country. When the wingnuts have enough money to buy robocalls for school board races, the rest of us don’t have much of a chance. And it’s our kids who will suffer. So, don’t be pathetic and forget to vote today. If you don’t know where your polling station is, go here. Figure out what time of day you’re going to vote. Combine it with some chore or trip you are already making, or set aside the time right now. And take ten minutes to research the candidates on the ballot so you know what you’re doing. No commenting on blogs for non-voters.

• November 8, 2011 at 9:49 am

We got THREE robocalls from our U.S. Representative Sean Duffy yesterday. THREE!! One year before he’s up for re-election. I wanted to know who is paying for all these calls. End of call.

15. November 8, 2011 at 9:28 am

President Gets Win on Veteran’s Jobs Bill
    by BooMan
    Tue Nov 8th, 2011 at 12:34:45 AM EST

I’m not really thrilled with how they plan on paying for it but late this afternoon the Senate finally agreed to have a vote on part of the president’s jobs bill. They needed 60 votes to invoke cloture and they got ninety-four. It seems that McConnell’s steal curtain of obstruction melted when it came time to deny veterans a chance at employment.

Aimed at helping unemployed veterans, the bill gives employers tax credits of up to $5,600 for hiring those who have been unemployed longer than six months. It would also give employers a tax credit of up to $9,600 for hiring long-unemployed disabled veterans.
    The October unemployment rate for veterans who left the military after 2001 was 12.1%, leaving about 240,000 veterans out of work, according to the White House. The measure to help veterans is one small piece of President Obama’s job package.

This bill will probably pass both houses of Congress, get signed by the president, and become law. And that means that the president’s persistence in demanding that Congress do something about high unemployment will finally pay off. Nothing pretty is going to get through this Congress, and this bill is paid for by making it harder to qualify for Medicaid, making it easier for contractors to evade their tax obligations, and charging veterans more for their mortgages. But any progress on the jobs front is welcome.

• 94 Jessica
      November 8, 2011 at 10:05 am

Congress is so damn pathethic. I want to see their approval rating get to 5%

• November 8, 2011 at 10:10 am

Dems made a mistake with the funding on this. Because now GOP can crow “see we did pass something to help on jobs”. Should have had a millionaires tax to pay for it.

Basically the GOP won on this in that the Dems moved away from raising taxes on millionaires and will now cut elsewhere to pay for things.

November 8, 2011 at 10:36 am

I disagree and you are using TPM’s talking points of a “big victory for the GOP.” The Democrats can easily show that the GOP is only willing to create jobs to the extent that it places the burden on the already vulnerable middle and working class. There were several other perfectly worthy job-creating bills like the infrastructure bill and the jobs bill for teachers, firefighters and 911 responders that the GOP refused to even allow debate on because they didn’t want to raise taxes on millionaires.

• 99 Jessica
        November 8, 2011 at 10:43 am

I think the longer that the GOP puts off this millionaire tax increase the worse it is for them because an overwhemingly amount of Americans favor giving them higher taxes. I think they are continuing to shoot themselves in the foot.

• 100 nathkatun7
        November 8, 2011 at 3:51 pm

How can the GOP be the winner when the proposal was part of the President’s Jobs bill?

• 101 prettyfoot58
      November 8, 2011 at 11:40 am

Soooooo they smak you in the ass…while they pat you on the back….

16. 102 collegekay
    November 8, 2011 at 9:46 am

Good morning everyone.

Wow look how black his hair was back in 2009. My poor baby. LOL :lol:

17. 103 TrumpDog
    November 8, 2011 at 9:48 am

I think this is why Sarkosi and President Obama seem to have such a tight friendship:

“I cannot bear Netanyahu, he’s a liar,” Sarkozy told Obama, unaware that the microphones in their meeting room had been switched on, enabling reporters in a separate location to listen in to a simultaneous translation.

“You’re fed up with him, but I have to deal with him even more often than you,” Obama replied, according to the French interpreter.

The technical gaffe is likely to cause great embarrassment to all three leaders as they look to work together to intensify international pressure on Iran over its nuclear ambitions.

I do wish the press would knock off reporting shit like this, though. Yes, it’s a hot mic but it seems like they do this to stir shit and cause controversy. :roll:

• 104 Fred
      November 8, 2011 at 9:56 am

Napoleon was bashing POTUS just last year so I wouldn’t call them friends by any means Trump with all due respect

• 105 Me4obama
      November 8, 2011 at 9:58 am

I am not thrilled with Bibi either. Sarkozy has some truth in what he said about him. He keeps undermining the peace process with those settlements and embarrassing My President in the Oval Office was the last straw for me.

• November 8, 2011 at 12:00 pm

And even with a hot mic the President’s answer was perfect, Just stating a fact without getting into personality.

• 107 nospin
      November 8, 2011 at 3:03 pm

well they told the truth so.. . . the press needs to discuss the AJA. The refusal of Republicans to support the plan that clearly benefits the American people and is paid for is the real controversy.

18. November 8, 2011 at 9:50 am

BTW, bill should just drink a large cup pf STFU. You had your chances twice bill and blew them up. Lot of messes both you and dubya left behind have been cleaned up, so just STFU.

• November 8, 2011 at 12:27 pm

He’s not going to. Did it in the White House, during the Bush years, his wife’s campaign and now. As that birthday tour showed he loves the spotlight. Wants to be the elder statesman but his ego won’t let him observe protocol. I would have thought when he publicly stated Obama should invoke the 14th amendment which turned out to be stupidly wrong that he would pipe down and let the guy do has job.
      No such luck.

The President is laying foundations that Clinton never dreamed of and imo it’s working on him. Once the economic component falls into place (and it will) Obama is headed for Mt Rushmore. A transformational figure that changed government for the better. Clinton was a DLC’er who co-opted many Republican ideas and essentially worked in Reagan’s shadow. I give him credit for getting the economy moving and paying down the debt but it was definitely a mixed bag.

He’s not in The President’s league and he knows it. Even if Clinton had not given in to his tendencies there is no way he could match this political genius with a ramrod spine and a heart that just keeps beating.

• 111 Me4obama
      November 8, 2011 at 9:59 am

Good for Gloria to be a democrat. He voted for President Obama. Go Gloria.

• 112 Fred
        November 8, 2011 at 10:22 am

that makes you wonder if Herm thinks his wife is ‘brainwashed’ ; “can’t think for herself” and it must kill him that she is still on the Democratic “plantation” :roll:

19. 115 Ladyhawke
    November 8, 2011 at 10:00 am

CAIN SAYS “MEDIA OBSESSED WITH NONSENSE”

Poor widdle Herman Cain is coming undone. Apparently, the media scrutiny is starting to get to him and he is lashing out. Herman has had enough of the sexual harassment and “gotcha” questions. He gave reporters of piece of his mind in an email rant. As the writer of this post states, it is ironic that Cain is blaming the media because it was the media who created him.

Herman Cain Comes Unglued In Crazed Sexual Harassment Email Rant

==============================

In an email rant sent out to reporters today, Herman Cain responded to mounting sexual harassment allegations by flipping out and calling sexual harassment nonsense, and accusing the media of trying to set him up.

Cain began his statement by writing, “It’s easy to make accusations when, by virtue of your anonymity, you don’t have to be held accountable for the claims you’re making. It’s easy to publish them when, like Politico, you don’t follow basic rules of journalism by naming your sources or giving any details whatsoever about what supposedly happened.” Media obsessed with nonsense; the voters and I are not I am a serious person, seeking the opportunity to do a serious and very important job. Our nation has very serious problems, particularly of an economic nature, and Barack Obama does not have the skill, knowledge or will to solve them. (Hint: If you have to tell people that you are a serious person, that’s a battle you’ve already lost).

Later, Cain played to GOP primary voters by attacking the media, “Unfortunately, the media-driven process by which one must seek this opportunity is fundamentally unserious. I have touched on this before – the emphasis on “gaffes,” gotcha questions and time devoted to trivial nonsense – and everyone knows the process only became further detached from relevance this week as the media published anonymous, ancient, vague personal allegations against me. Once this kind of nonsense starts, the media’s rules say you have to act in a certain way. I am well aware of these rules. And I refuse to play by them.” (The rule that Herb seems to object to most is that sexual harassment is not ok).

============================

20. 117 JER
    November 8, 2011 at 10:17 am

Chris Paul couldn’t ignore making a song about Herman Cain … Using Prince’s Purple Rain, Chris Paul gives the listeners Herman Cain!!!

[AUDIO]: http://rnbphilly.com/audio/tjoyner/chris-paul-uses-princes-purple-rain-for-herman-cain-song-audio/

21. 119 edp4bho
    November 8, 2011 at 10:26 am

Good morning TOD. Here I sit at work, again missing my President, who is in my neck of the woods today. Drat ! I so look forward to seeing that magnificent motorcade in person. Guess you can tell I love parades :-D As for he bustin on our Eagles today (utaustin…. :-D ), let him have at it. I root for the Eagles, but I so wish for PBO to have something to cheer for. Good for him !

22. November 8, 2011 at 10:40 am

Good Morning Chips and TOD family.

This too shall pass. Get Cain’s to sthu and show some respect for his wife and family by having this mess drag on and on is disrespectful to them and the nation.. Distractions in so many ways. Women, families lives being destroyed daily behind his mess. He needs to take his dried up looking self someplace and sit down forever. We have issues that are so pressing and the stupid MSM eats this mess up. The world laughs at them and us going to this circus everyday.

Thank God for our POTUS who keeps us focus and keeps working his beautiful terrific energy self like we require of a great leader -in-charge. No time for drama. I hope people are watching and listening to this’ Party of Family Values’. These are surely some mixed up family values.

POB is showing all the fools how you lead. Thank you Mr. President. That is why we are working our behinds off to make sure you are reelected in 2012. IWe are NOT giving them the Keys, the Car, the House, the Planes, the Phones,, the Staffers, the Kitchen,, the WH lawn, the Desk, nor the Oval Office. NOTHING!!! And BO will certainly NOT leave!! So they can take their sorry behinds on and look for a job. And we will even write up another Great Jobs Bill especially for their sorry arses.

AND for the Books Chasers:

These books chasers need to get together, all of them ,Tweety, Bill, Hermit, Mitt, Newt, and anyone else and have their private ‘Book Club’ and get the hell out of our way. Old Tired Men Barking about nothing. We have bigger problems to take care of in our country.

Tell Chuckle Todd to go and sit on a porch and meet with the Old Dried Up Barkers and gossip away. They sound like an Old Gossip Club.

Now ,let me go and pray for my POTUS, VPOTUS,FLOTUS, and Dr. Biden. And ask for forgiveness for my above statements. However, I still stand by them. I am not being mean, I am tired physically, and tired of Todd not doing his job. Or maybe that is his job. Gossip all day, and not practice excellent journalish. Have a great day everyone.Love you all.HZ

23. 126 Ladyhawke
    November 8, 2011 at 10:48 am

Beware of Anonymous Sources, Unless They Agree with You

===============================================

As the Herman Cain sexual harassment story spirals out of control, Jon Stewart takes a look back at the Politico report that kick-started the frenzy and offers a little journalism reminder for those questioning the news outlet’s use of anonymous sourcing. After a brief overview of the goings-on at the Gloria Allred press conference (part I below), Stewart gets back to some media criticism, noting the skepticism at Fox News toward the anonymously sourced reports of Cain’s alleged sexual harassment. To make his point, he showed reels of Megyn Kelly criticizing the use of anonymous sources in Politico’s report one moment, then rolled another clip of her praising an earlier Politico report saying an official saw rampant government waste. After conceding that it’s easy to find such examples, The Daily Show host notes: “a lot of political stories use anonymous sourcing, the real trick for our crack research team would be to use anonymous sources to discredit a report you have dismissed because it uses anonymous sources.” Of course, it then gets ironically meta on a Fox & Friends clip (end of part II below):

================================================

24. 127 slimjim
    November 8, 2011 at 11:28 am

BREAKING NEWS—11:05 am: DC Circuit Court upholds Affordable Care Act, Individual Mandate

RSS OFA