Nov

down at the farm

Star Advertiser: College interns who help run one of the island’s largest organic farms guided first lady Michelle Obama through fields of budding salad greens today, then sat down to swap stories with her about their efforts to improve the health of their communities.

Wearing a sleeveless navy dress, Obama traded hugs and laughs with the students, immediately disarming them. “She was so outgoing, just the easiest person to talk to,” said Ku’uleilani Samson, one of the young co-managers at the farm, who completed an internship and earned an associate’s degree. “She made you feel totally comfortable.”

The nonprofit MA’O Farms, on 24 acres of Lualualei Valley, is devoted to raising healthy crops for local consumption while also growing a new generation of leaders in touch with the land and their heritage.

“I’ve heard about all that’s going on here for years and years,” Obama told the students. “I jumped at the opportunity to come and not just see for myself but also allow the world to see what you all are doing.”

…. MA’O’s mission dovetails with Obama’s nationwide “Let’s Move” campaign, which aims to raise a healthier generation of children through better nutrition and exercise.

Full article here

First lady Michelle Obama with interns after touring the Ma’o Organic Farms in Waianae, Hawaii, November 12

A Quiet Saturday:

President Obama shakes hands with Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda during the APEC Summit in Honolulu

…. with Brunei Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah

…. with U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk

…. speaking to Boeing CEO Jim McNerney during the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit

… with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev

… with Chinese President Hu Jintao

Leaders’ statement: We, the Leaders of Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Chile, Malaysia, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, United States, and Vietnam, are pleased to announce today the broad outlines of a Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement among our nine countries.

We are delighted to have achieved this milestone in our common vision to establish a comprehensive, next-generation regional agreement that liberalizes trade and investment and addresses new and traditional trade issues and 21st-century challenges.

We are confident that this agreement will be a model for ambition for other free trade agreements in the future, forging close linkages among our economies, enhancing our competitiveness, benefiting our consumers and supporting the creation and retention of jobs, higher living standards, and the reduction of poverty in our countries.

Lara Sutton places a kiss on a cut out poster of President Barack Obama in Waikiki, Hawaii, Nov. 12

Tonight (11:20 ET): The President and First Lady welcome APEC leaders and spouses in an arrival ceremony

Sunday: The President delivers opening comments at the APEC Summit and attends sessions through the day; holds a press conference to wrap up the summit. In the evening meets with the Mexican President and the Canadian Prime Minister at the North American Leaders Summit. The First Lady hosts a luncheon with APEC leaders’ spouses at Kualoa Ranch.

Monday: Holds a fundraiser in the morning. That will be his only event for the day before he leaves on Tuesday morning for Canberra, Australia.

241 Responses to “down at the farm”

1. November 12, 2011 at 6:34 pm

That weather looks wonderful. Wish it was me damn it!

2. 7 dotster3
    November 12, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Looks like someone is trying to finish off Mankini Bod Boy before he gets his chance in the Not Romney spotlight. Devastating history, over and out for the Newtster:

3. 16 globalcitizenlinda
    November 12, 2011 at 6:49 pm

no First spouses attending Apec summit accompanied Mrs Obama to the organic farm? kind of thought it was a group tour with FLOTUS in the lead

November 12, 2011 at 6:52 pm

No I think they are hosting the opening ceremony with all the first spouses later this evening.

• November 12, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Here you go Linda -

Sunday: The President opening comments at the APEC Summit and attends sessions through the day; holds a press conference to wrap up the summit. In the evening meets with the Mexican President and the Canadian Prime Minister at the North American Leaders Summit. The First Lady hosts a luncheon with APEC leaders’ spouses at Kualoa Ranch.

• 19 globalcitizenlinda
        November 12, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Thanks a lot for the feed back. I did not read the program carefully. Great to see the very good work that young people are doing at that organic farm and the feedback about the students’ impression of First Lady Michelle Obama is very nice

4. 20 SueBee
    November 12, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Colorful shorts, first three pics..yum-my lol :D

5. November 12, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Hmmm…That guy to the left of First Lady Michelle looks kinda like PBO, a little darker-skinned and a little more muscular, but definitely similar in stature. Judging from all the photos, FLOTUS seems to be well occupied at the Ma’o Organic Farms while the Prez takes care of business at the APEC Summit in Honolulu. Hurry back, Mr. President. :) :) :)

November 12, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Later tonight (when we are preparing for bed) they will be hosting the opening ceremony…lots of pics – I’m sure there will be!!!

6. 23 carolyn
    November 12, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Is Gloria Borger still on TV? Has she EVER been known to be halfway right? She opens her mouth and words drop out with no brain engagement….but then, so does Wolfie! How ANY woman could vote for Cain, Gingrich, Santorum, Bachman, Perry or Romney, I don’t understand! They are all anti-woman in their goals. Frankly, I don’t understand how a woman can be a Republican. If it had been up to them, we still wouldn’t be voting!!!

• 24 COS
      November 12, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Borger is still on. I can’t stand her. Can’t even stand to look at her. I think she actually hates PBO.

• November 12, 2011 at 7:10 pm

I am sitting in the next room and my husband is watching CNN, and I hear her talking to Wolfie and she is talking about Newt getting GOP women votes from Cain.

Yeah, apparently she is still on TV. Go figure.

• 41 dotster3
      November 12, 2011 at 7:15 pm

I have never heard Borger say one smart thing, nothing intuitive or new. She just blabs some shallow and low level current talking points. I cannot figure out how some people have, and keep, their high profile jobs. It definitely must be WHO you know, not what you know. Paid for her new and improved physical appearance though, so I guess it was good for something. She, and CNN, must believe that it’s better to look good than be good.

• November 12, 2011 at 7:20 pm

“I have never heard Borger say one smart thing, nothing intuitive or new.”

+1,000,000,000 Dotser – she strikes me as being utterly vacant, just repeating talking points like a parrot without ever contributing anything original or interesting herself.

• 44 conlakappa
        November 12, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Her springboard to the CNN job was being a contributor on Schieffer’s show so, yep, who you know.

November 12, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Imagine for a while that Michelle Bachmann were President and her slimy Hubby had to take on the role of First Spouse…can you imagine this guy being anywhere near as impressive as our FLOTUS? The answer is no, you can’t.

8. 48 Marlz (@marjgra)
    November 12, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Newt Gingrich’s Second Wife Dishes Hard To Esquire: His Money Woes, His Philandering, His Meltdown

9. 49 Janelle
    November 12, 2011 at 6:54 pm

This is for another day I believe with the spouses. FLOTUS is probably there to check things out and do a run through.

10. 50 Marlz (@marjgra)
    November 12, 2011 at 6:57 pm
  11. 53 lamh34
    November 12, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Saw Immortals tonite.  beautifully filmed and the fight sequences were fantastic.  story was meh, but still an enjoyable way 2 spend time.

12. November 12, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Anybody know if the meet and greet at the APEC summit will be streamed live?

13. November 12, 2011 at 7:07 pm

videos of Miche talking to Disney stars about Joining Forces. First video is 55 seconds, second video, first one on the right is close to 4 minutes:

14. November 12, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Mahalo Mucho, Chips, for these pics of First Lady Michelle and the Organic Farmers at Ma’o Organic Farms in Waianae, Hawaii!

NO PANIC
    GO ORGANIC! *_^

• November 12, 2011 at 7:12 pm

You’re welcome Cha! Just added an article about the visit.

• November 12, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Thank you so much, Chips! And, for tonight..~A Power Luau~

Tonight: President Obama, First Lady Michelle Host Dinner and Reception for 2011 APEC Meeting..

“At a 6:20 PM Arrival Ceremony, the President and Mrs. Obama will formally greet the Leaders and spouses of the 20 Asia-Pacific economies attending the summit as they arrive for the dinner, including South Korea’s President Lee Myung-bak, China’s President Hu Jintao, Russia’s President Dmitry Medvedev, and Japan’s Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda. Dinner is scheduled to begin at 7:20 PM. A reception that will include more guests will follow at 8:45 PM, when there will be a presentation of cultural performances.

President Obama will meet with Hu, Medvedev, and Noda in separate bilaterals today. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner, and US Trade Representative Ron Kirk arrived in Honolulu ahead of the President. It will be Mr. Obama’s first meeting with Hu since his State Visit to the White House in January of this year. President Lee was honored with a State Visit in October.”

Much more..

15. November 12, 2011 at 7:14 pm

Oooooooh it looks so lovely there! I need to get my bangle game together. I love the beautiful bracelets Michelle wears. She looks gorgeous and glowy. Sigh…………

16. 60 conlakappa
    November 12, 2011 at 7:18 pm

ZOMG, the First Lady and those kids are totally throwing gang signs!!!

17. November 12, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I don’t understand why Tamron Hall has to come off so partisan. She’s from Chicago for goodness sake. It’s like she’s being ordered to be a jenny ass.

November 12, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Clearly. I guess bossman Comcast has given orders.

• November 12, 2011 at 7:35 pm

If you work in corporatemedia you damn well better bow to the bottom line. The miracle is people like Al Sharpton who get to speak their mind that happens to coincide with FACTS. What a Concept ..a reality based show!

Cenk & ilk should try it. If that’s even possible.

• 64 utaustinliberal
      November 12, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Actually Tamron is from a small place in Texas.

• 65 globalcitizenlinda
      November 12, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Ms Tamron has been that way for a while.

I got tired of her act of trying to so hard to show that as a black person she can be sarcasitc and critical of President Obama that most times I mute her out if her program runs and I am home. She always seems to be doing her best to be noticed as a media personality who is not in the 91% of us who strongly support PBO. May be she believes that this is the one way to advance her career!!

• 66 Puddin'
        November 12, 2011 at 9:53 pm

All of them better hope and pray that it’s OBAMA/BIDEN 2012, because none of them are any good and they won’t be able to keep the folks who will definitely check out (of msm) after the Obamas leave the White House…these people are useless..

November 12, 2011 at 7:43 pm

I use to like Tamron Hall, what is up with her?

• 68 dotster3
      November 12, 2011 at 7:55 pm

She’s actually from Texas. I think she worked in Chgo for a bit. I like her—-she’s cute as a bug——but I get mad when she does not push back or sufficiently challenge any Repub on any of their outrageous statements. I always wonder if she is told to be extra special nice to Repubs so they will agree to appear on msnbc as they seek to expand their viewer base. And sometimes I think people on msnbc overcompensate so as not to be accused of being an Obamabot or “LIBERAL!”—horrors at that bad word! I always think that’s a dumb strategy. FOX viewers are not going to be flocking to msnbc, and with CNN going evermore rightward, liberals! need a place to plop. Over half of the voting public voted for Obama. Give us an outlet!

• 70 proudmemberofglobalzero
      November 12, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Tamron Hall is from Ft. Worth. She is one of the snootiest women I have ever seen. She is always right and everyone else is always wrong. Plus she is always yelling instead of talking.

18. 71 halo
    November 12, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Chipskcsi, is there video of the Boeing interview?

November 12, 2011 at 7:32 pm

What a beautiful First Lady! Gorgeous, inside and out.
    Found a GOP live blog…this guy has a wicked sense of humor!

• November 12, 2011 at 7:38 pm

funny! Brits have such dry humor.

I can’t believe these clowns are gonna “debate” foreign policy. Somehow, I’m sure Bachmann will squeeze “Repeal Obamacare!” into the discussion. Look forward to more “Uz-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan” foolery from Uncle Herman. :roll:

• 78 dotster3
        November 12, 2011 at 8:07 pm

I see where “Herb” said he is not interested in the VP slot, but he would like to be Sec. of Def. so he “could kick the you know what of everyone in the world.” Geez Louise. This is all too ridiculous for words.

• November 12, 2011 at 7:42 pm

So true about the humor..thanks desertflower~

“Foreign policy, though, is the hardest subject for the eight Republican candidate on stage tonight, because it not only requires them to know facts but also that it is the one area where even the occasional Republican concedes that President Obama has had one or two tiny successes, such as the death of whats-his-name, that guy, Osaka Lin Baden.

20. 83 ChristiMtl
    November 12, 2011 at 7:36 pm

I have a lot of catching up to do tonight, I’ve been so busy the past few days…..I just read the other threads….fabulous job as usual Chips and TOD’ers, great comments, links……..great pictures!!

Haha I just read this about tonight’s GOP debate.

Sen. Jim DeMint, a member of the Committee on Foreign Relations and Sen. Lindsey Graham, a member of the Committee on Armed Services, will each ask questions at the debate.

November 12, 2011 at 7:39 pm

The First Lady looks absolutely gorgeous and she looks fit! Glad she keeps on promoting healthy eating. POTUS has been wonderful and represented the U.S. well during the opening meetings at the APEC summit.

Can’t wait for the clown car debate tonight. GOP and expertise on foreign policy is a ludicrous oxymoron in the age of Obama. Get ready to lose your mind with laughter TODers. :lol:

• November 12, 2011 at 7:44 pm

No doubt their brightest foreign policy advice (LOL) we will hear from them except for Paul and perhaps Huntsman, is to bomb Iran. After that they have nothing else to contribute.

And to think that MSM continues to try to make them relevant. Go figure.

November 12, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I bet the people of Australia will be disappointed when FLOTUS doesn’t show up with POTUS.

22. November 12, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Lara Sutton places a kiss on a cut out poster of US President Barack Obama in Waikiki, Hawaii, Saturday, Nov. 12, 2011 in Honolulu
    :lol:

• November 12, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Lordy, Fox news has their first White House scandal. LOL!!

• 92 dotster3
      November 12, 2011 at 8:25 pm

I have that cut out poster. Husband got so jealous and finally made me move it down in the basement sometime last year. He probably caught me kissing it. :) It’s just about time for my cardboard Obama to make an appearance upstairs again. I like to put him in our living room window so those strolling or driving by think Obama’s hanging out here, popped in for a brewski or expert political advice, or something. :)

23. 94 globalcitizenlinda
    November 12, 2011 at 7:45 pm

I happened to be flipping through the channels and I caught the CSPAN airing of President Obama’s session with the CEOs earlier today. I had missed the live event but I am very glad I was able to watch the recorded version. Yes the praise heaped on PBO from those members of the TOD family who watched the live event were well deserved!

November 12, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Okay, I’m noticing that CBS has decided to trot out an anti-Obama panel (on the McLaughglin Group) to trash the President right before the GOP clown debate. Why aren’t they covering the OPEC summit?

• 96 ChristiMtl
      November 12, 2011 at 7:54 pm

If you don’t follow politics closely………..you would never know that President Obama leave the country…….it’s a media blackout….

It’s really crazy.

He is highly popular abroad and they just hate it.

• 97 COS
        November 12, 2011 at 8:04 pm

I was surprised to see that Lester Holt mentioned PBO on the nightly news. It was a small blurb but a big report on the Penn stuff.

• 98 COS
      November 12, 2011 at 8:24 pm

I use to watch that McLaughlin group every week until PBO was elected. Have not watched it since. That Monica Crowley should be added to the list of bad “Borger type” women list upthread.

25. 102 Ladyhawke
    November 12, 2011 at 8:01 pm

PRESIDENT OBAMA’S FOREIGN POLICY SUCCESSES

President Obama has been able to implement HIS foreign policy agenda because the Republican Party could not interfere with or filibuster his actions. Congress got their drawers in a bunch over Libya and sending trainers to Uganda to help contain the LRA, but President Obama basically did what he felt he needed to do. Of course, on the domestic front, the Republican Party has been actively sabotaging the economic recovery.

For anyone watching the debate or following live blogging, here is post from Think Progress Special Report itemizing President Obama’s Foreign Policy successes. I expect the GOP clown car candidates to just say they would have done everything differently or the opposite from President Obama. Their knee jerk criticism and opposition to everything Obama should make for some interesting dialogue.

Obama’s Foreign Policy Successes

26. 103 halo
    November 12, 2011 at 8:01 pm

WHO’S READY FOR THE MUPPET SHOW?!

• November 12, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Hey now, no reason to denigrate the Muppets, who were a part of my upbringing, by comparing them to the Klowns. Kermit has more humanity in his webbed pinkie than all of them put together.

• 105 PurpleShoesLA
        November 13, 2011 at 1:49 am

” Kermit has more humanity in his webbed pinkie than all of them put together” I heard that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

27. 106 a4alice
    November 12, 2011 at 8:02 pm

OK the “debate” is going to start….lets see how long I can stand this…..

• 107 vitaminlover
      November 12, 2011 at 9:21 pm

“Debate” is so on point a4alice!! this is a definite circus of clowns. But our President has to have someone to soundly crush in his reelection so why not one of these clowns? (smiling)

November 12, 2011 at 8:03 pm

I will try now to watch the (gag) R debate. Old Major Garrett is one of the moderators – we’ll see how it goes. Even the candidates look bored!

November 12, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Or if you prefer your clown cars livestreaming…

30. 117 globalcitizenlinda
    November 12, 2011 at 8:05 pm

I think I missed the notice on this: Is there a chance that we will have the luck of watching the APEC summit arrivals for the welcome ceremony tonight?

Ps. I never could have thought that I would be in situation where I am eager to see a LIVE event of POTUS welcoming world leaders. Thanks to President and Mrs Obama, I am so looking foward to this and I hope the live stream will be available

November 12, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Snap, Crackle, and Pop the GOP Clown debates have begun. Twitter is already killing me with laughter.

32. November 12, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Great, Mitt isn’t ruling out going to war with Iran. Just what the world needs :roll:

33. 123 meabloom
    November 12, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Beautiful photos of our Beautiful First Lady. She looks absolutely lovely. I always say this but FLMO’s skin looks amazing.

Obama/Biden2012

• 124 vitaminlover
      November 12, 2011 at 9:56 pm

She is so pretty. I remember an interview with then Senator Obama on how he first met her and he was just awestruck. He said that she was beautiful. You GO!!! Mrs Obama!!

34. 125 carolyn
    November 12, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Our local NBC affiliate had a good segment on the President’s APEC summit this evening. Not just talk about it, but the President actually speaking. He’s smart to go to the local stations for interviews. If you go anywhere on the internet, you’ll find info about his trip…YAHOO, Youtube, other places. People 45 and younger get all their news from the internet from what my children tell me. They never watch network news. If you look at the commercials on the network news programs…you’ll see what age does watch it!!! Old white people…..like my husband and me!!!!!

35. 130 Mtmarilyn
    November 12, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Well I am home from a long day. Now to get lots of reading done. Looks like its a beautiful day in Hawaii. I sure can dream of being there. Is anyone watching the debate? I can’t imagine what the teapubs have to say about foreign policy. Now off to read.

36. November 12, 2011 at 8:17 pm

“Anyway, a Romney presidency means war with Iran. Hurrah. It’s been years since America had a bloody, expensive and fruitless war.”

November 12, 2011 at 8:23 pm

When Jon Huntsman’s views on war abroad seem to make sense in certain areas, you know he’ll never get to be Pres.

November 12, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Huntsman is pandering to his pro-left posse.

38. 134 Mtmarilyn
    November 12, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I just wrote a nice long comment but I forgot to sign in. It is now in the land of spam. Is anyone watching the clown show? I have been gone all day. Now I have lots of reading to do.

39. November 12, 2011 at 8:22 pm

The only person who is going to make any iota of sense is Ron Paul. He’s crazy as a bedbug, but halfway sane on foreign policy.

November 12, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Rick Perry just had a two-second brain freeze, but he got out of it. That’s all anybody will think of, when he starts speaking.

He just said every country will start with zero foreign aid when he becomes President. That ought to be a big winner around the world, especially the poor countries among our allies. Now, he’s saying if our American manufacturers can go into other countries, he’ll give them foreign aid. Hmmm. Does any of that makes sense?

• 139 COS
        November 12, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Is Cain talking about clarifying who our enemies are so that we can cut them off? I heard him say that on CNn in this morning in Atlanta.

40. November 12, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Perry probably thinks Pakistan is a rebel province in Belgium. No, strike that – he’s never heard of Belgium.

November 12, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Poor Willard. Last debate he had hair gel and some wispy bangs. This debate, Lindsay Lohan’s makeup artist seems to have touched up his cheekbones to make them look all hollow and stuff – I guess to show the difference between him and Newt.

November 12, 2011 at 8:28 pm

My goodness Perry is a dumbass. Wants to eliminate all foreign aid. The nimrod doesn’t understand that foreign aid is less than 1% of the budget and Israel not Pakistan is the biggest consumer of our foreign aid. #CBSNJDebate.

• November 12, 2011 at 8:34 pm

He really is a complete idiot UT, I’m beginning to think he’s in there to make the others look marginally non-stupid.

• 144 Asher in Boston
      November 12, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I know, UT. Its like these nut jobs live in a fact free zone. Didnt any of them take a single economics class? Geez, foreign aid is less than 1 % as u factually stated. Anyway, I will not watch, but will check in here for updates from you nice people.

43. 145 halo
    November 12, 2011 at 8:30 pm

IT’S NICE TO HAVE REAL MODERATORS!

November 12, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Mr Gingrich, Obamasux is not a foreign policy strategy. Thank you.

45. November 12, 2011 at 8:39 pm

“Pakistan, friend or foe?” Herman Cain is asked. “We don’t know,” says Herman. He wants “specific commitments” from Pakistan to prove it is a friend of America’s.

Like what? Such as, I don’t know, maybe if Pakistan “liked” the US on Facebook? Would that do it, Herman?

• November 12, 2011 at 8:49 pm

hahahahahahahahhahhahahhahhahahahahhahahahaha!!!—– “Like what? Such as, I don’t know, maybe if Pakistan “liked” the US on Facebook?”——-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :lol: Oh, Chips! That was so dry and so good! :D

November 12, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Chips – Did you spot this from the liveblog at your link:

Moving on to Europe, Huntsman used the word “metastasize” to describe the euro crisis. Then Rick Perry is asked a similar question – and he doesn’t use the word “metastasize”. But he does say that Franc and Germany “have the forewithall” to save the euro-zone. I guess that’s like the “wherewithall” but … in French?

• November 12, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Oh my God, that’s sublime!!!! I lost the sound for a bit – maybe a higher power was trying to give me a break? – so missed that. Poor Rick, he doesn’t have the “forewithall” to tie his laces :lol: Thanks for the laugh Jacq!

• 151 GGail
      November 12, 2011 at 9:47 pm

LOL!!!!! GOOD ANSWER CHIPSTICKS!!!

I sat here and shook my head at some of the answers!!!

And can you believe that Ms. Bachmann actually supported POTUS about going after bin Laden????

46. 152 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    November 12, 2011 at 8:39 pm

OH MY GOSH…THAT LANDSCAPE IS AWESOME!!!!!! I LIKE TO SEE OUR FIRST COUPLE GET AWAY FROM DC INSANITY.

47. November 12, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Lovely, the crowd is cheering torture.

48. 156 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    November 12, 2011 at 8:42 pm

FROM THE LOOKS OF MICHELLE…THE PRESIDENT HAD BETTER BE EATING HIS ‘WHEATIES!’…LOLLLLLLLLLLL!

49. 157 a4alice
    November 12, 2011 at 8:42 pm

OMG Why is Michele Bachman from my state.

November 12, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Damn. Bachmann will waterboard terrorists herself. WTF? #CBSNJDebate.

How about she go ask OBL if President Obama is weak on foreign policy. F*cking nimrod. #CBSNJDebate

51. 164 Pat Okerlund
    November 12, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Anyone know how to contact Keith Olbermann?

• 165 utaustinliberal
      November 12, 2011 at 8:54 pm

On twitter his twitter handle is @KeithOlbermann and @CountdownKO. You can check Current (The name of the station he’s now at) and will probably find his contact info. Hope this helps. :)

• November 12, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I don’t know. what’s the area code for Hell?
      ps- Hiya Pat! ;) What’s stuffed turkey done now?

52. 167 Ladyhawke
    November 12, 2011 at 8:48 pm

THE SARAH PALIN MODEL

Most of the clown car candidates are following the Sarah Palin model. When they get a question they don’t like they answer the question the other guy got.

53. 168 Linda
    November 12, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Did Bachmann really say the ACLU runs the CIA ?

oh my..

54. 170 Ladyhawke
    November 12, 2011 at 8:49 pm

OMG this is just embarrassing.

November 12, 2011 at 8:50 pm

These people are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ridiculous. Seriously?

November 12, 2011 at 8:52 pm

My goodness the GOP crowd is full of sickos. They all cheered for continuing torture and booed the candidates who said we should not torture as it’s illegal.

November 12, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Mr. Outsourcer just said that China is stealing our jobs….Huntsman is schooling him now

58. 175 halo
    November 12, 2011 at 8:53 pm

ITS TOO BAD HUNTSMAN MAKES SENSE!

• November 12, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Yeah! Liked his answer on waterboarding …. which will probably see him drop from 1 to 0 in the GOP polls tomorrow.

• 179 Robert
      November 12, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Yeah, i agree. John Huntsman is making way too much sense which i think will seal his fate is this Republican primary. I mean who wants to hear someone making sense when he can spit out taking points and give answers to questions not being asked. Rick Perry is like a deer caught in the headlights. He is trying his best sound presidential but every time he opens his mouth he sounds like a graduate of the Sarah Palin College of Higher Learning. I honestly don’t know if i should be laughing or crying after watching this debate.

59. 180 Ladyhawke
    November 12, 2011 at 8:55 pm

TALKIN’ LOUD AND SAYIN’ NOTHING

As Rev Al would say the clown car candidates are

Like a dull knife just ain’t cuttin’
    We’re just talkin’ a lot and sayin’ nothing
    Just sayin’ nothing, just sayin’ nothing

60. November 12, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Oooooh Rick, Israel will start at zero funding? Another ooooooooooops.

November 12, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Perry and Cain are talking a lot of NONSENSE.

November 12, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Ok. Now have to go online to complete the explosion of my brain cells. #CBSNJDebate

63. November 12, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Is Bachmann going to repeal Obamacare? :lol:

November 12, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Look at Mittens face when he’s not talking…..

65. 190 carolyn
    November 12, 2011 at 9:04 pm

I have a feeling more people outside the U.S. watch these debates than people inside the U.S……and these debates are a total embarrassment. People outside the U.S. are knowlegeable on foreign policy……these klowns are ignorant. How sad! The candidatrs won’t listen to Huntsman. Romney won’t let himself be schooled by anyone. His mind is a closed trap.
    What has Keith done now????? I’m so glad he’s on Current which few people watch…

66. November 12, 2011 at 9:05 pm

When are they going to ask Herb about Uzbeki-beki-beki-stan?

November 12, 2011 at 9:06 pm

did we overthrow dictators? I thought the people of those countries did that…

November 12, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Bachmann is stupid. What the freak does Obama Care have to do with military procurement? My goodness; her stupidity makes my heard hurt.

November 12, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Herman Cain thinks that President Obama messed up in Libya. Really??!!! Really??!!! How about he go ask Gadaffi what he thinks. Oh……wait; he’s dead nimrod. #CBSNJDebate

70. 202 Marlz (@marjgra)
    November 12, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Romney looking at Perry giving a dumb answer!

71. 206 LDS
    November 12, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Our FLOTUS sure looks radiant and glowing. I will say it again, she and the President compliment each other. They are beautiful people inside and out. But personally, I just enjoy how they look at each other when they are together. He comes alive whenever she is around and he seems so energize when she is standing beside him. Whenever I see that picture of Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky in the crowd, I cringe. And I think how blessed we are that POB only have eyes for his FLOTUS. These are the family morals the repubs are so quick to shout about, but they have a real problem of carrying this task out. The President and Mrs. Obama together, what a great example for our young people.

November 12, 2011 at 9:11 pm

See, UT…you need to connect the dots…Tricare is for retired military and their families/ thus…healthcare discussion..military/healthcare see the connection?

Hermies gonna keep Gitmo open ANd Santorum

November 12, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Ron Paul is going off the deep end…he has a myopic view of things

November 12, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I do agree with Paul on the trying of terrorists in civilian cts and trusting the rule of law

75. 210 Mtmarilyn
    November 12, 2011 at 9:18 pm

I thought I could go back and read all of todays posts. But I have tried to keep up with twitter on this debate and it is so crazy I have to come back here and follow. These guys are crazy if they think they can truly be President of the US.

76. 211 Asher in Boston
    November 12, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Omg, from what I am reading here, these are complete clowns. Who in their right mind would ever vote for such dumbness?

• November 12, 2011 at 9:26 pm

The pundits may say that the economy will be the only issue in 2012 for voters, but I believe folks are going to consider the security of this nation and who is the best person to handle it. PBO wins a thumbs up.

77. 214 a4alice
    November 12, 2011 at 9:22 pm

i tried to watch it online but it was very jumpy. I’m bailing to watch Castle on comcast.

• November 12, 2011 at 9:29 pm

I could watch it very clearly on my local CBS station but I saw Lindsay Graham and the other SC senator being allowed to ask a question and I turned it off immediately. I am sure they all knew exactly what they were going to ask and probably researched the answers.

78. 216 defytheodds
    November 12, 2011 at 9:27 pm

From OFA: Bo Button Combo (This is cool)

We’ve got a handsome First Dog, so it’s only fitting that he’s got his own buttons.

79. 220 donna dem 4 obama
    November 12, 2011 at 9:29 pm

80. November 12, 2011 at 9:33 pm

WTF ? cbs put rethugs lindsey graham and jim demint are moderators for the rethug debate tonight ??? Is there no level the corporate media whores will stoop to in serving their political masters ?

• November 12, 2011 at 9:37 pm

That was something else amk – I honestly thought they were joking when they said that pair would get to ask questions. And in the middle of a ‘foreign policy’ debate Demint asks about OUT OF CONTROL spending. Good friggin’ grief.

81. November 12, 2011 at 9:34 pm

*Peeks into crystal ball*

Mark Halperin: “Bam will be hard-pressed to hold his own with such an accomplished and esteemed group of foreign policy experts that graced the stage in South Carolina. I could see any one of the contenders as Commander In Chief. This is good news for John McCain.”

82. 230 Ladyhawke
    November 12, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Netanyahu said U.S.-Israel “security cooperation is unprecedented.”

Bachmann: Obama Favors American Protesters Over Israel

——————————————————————-

During tonight’s national security and foreign policy GOP presidential debate on CBS, Rep. Michele Bachmann (MN) said that President Obama favors Americans protesting against income inequality over Israel, the U.S.’s chief ally in the Middle East. Bachmann said:

President Obama has been more than willing to stand with Occupy Wall Street, but he hasn’t been willing to stand with Israel. Israel looks at President Obama, and they do not see a friend

After the Israeli embassy in Cairo was stormed this past September and Obama stepped in, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netnyahu said, “We owe [Obama] a special measure of gratitude. This attests to the strong alliance between Israel and the United States.” In May, at AIPAC’s annual conference, Netanyahu said U.S.-Israel “security cooperation is unprecedented.”

——————————————————————-

83. 231 donna dem 4 obama
    November 12, 2011 at 9:39 pm

I can’t get over how these rethugs want us to believe that they are so enamored with Cain. They really wanted to be able to say that they had their black guy too. SMH

84. 234 Ladyhawke
    November 12, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Perry Says Aid To Israel ‘Would Start At Zero’ In His Administration: ‘Make Your Case’ For U.S. Assistance

Perry’s Camp Emails ‘Clarification’ On Perry’s Israel Response

85. 237 Obaman
    November 12, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Its so good to see president outside of main land USA. He enjoys a great deal of respect and love and he gets the appreciation he very much deserve! Its good for the president these kind of trips. May be he is not in need of it himself, but ardent fans like me can feel much better this way. Enjoy your trip Mr. President! Best wishes to you from Kuala lumpur

86. 239 relellit
    November 12, 2011 at 10:14 pm

First Lady Michelle looks simply beautiful. I loved the way people just want to be around her.

Well, it’s over. The clown car candidates are ready to roll on over to FOX NOISE for adulation and more propaganda. I’m so glad it’s over. Except for a few zingers like Hermann Cain, Perry, and Mittens that was so boooooring. Mitt flipped on the “One thing we know. If we elect Barack Obama will have a nuclear weapon. If we elect Mitt Romney, Iran will not have a nuclear weapon”. Mitt should know by now that is an oxymoron.

Herman Cain is so disgusting. Imagine him talking about surrounding himself with with all the right people. Sure he will; with all blondes.

Perry said he would sent a message to Afghanistan. Too bad he does not get his message.

Ron Paul is still a kook.

87. 240 Hhannahh
    November 12, 2011 at 10:34 pm

does anyone know if tonights arrival ceremony will be streamed live anywhere?

88. 241 PurpleShoesLA
    November 13, 2011 at 2:27 am

Aloha TOD Peeps! Catching up on all threads for the past couple of days. I thought all the San Diego stuff was tremendous and then I see all the stuff going on in Hawaii. Fantabulous!! Thanks for the all Hawaii pix, that organic farm looks amazing! I love the fact that our illustrious Prez and our illustrious First Lady are such a relentless force of decency and goodness, no matter the stage. Once again I applaud those here who can not only sit thru these “debates” but provide commentary as well.