Nov

jobs … right now

President Barack Obama shakes hands with Boeing Senior Vice President Ray Conner as they announce a commercial deal at a signing ceremony in Nusa Dua, on the island of Bali, Indonesia

The Boeing Company and Lion Air have reached agreement on the purchase of 201 Boeing 737MAX and 29 Next Generation 737ER aircraft. The order will support over 110,000 U.S. jobs at Boeing and at suppliers in 43 states. This represents one of the largest trade deals between the United States and Indonesia in history.

The Boeing Company and Singapore Airlines have reached agreement on the purchase of eight Boeing 777-300ER widebody aircraft with a total list price value of $2.4 billion, $2 billion in U.S. export content and supporting an estimated 11,000 U.S. jobs.

President Obama meets with Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the sidelines of the ASEAN Summit in Nusa Dua, Bali

Thanks Sosena

Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi!

…. with Philippines President Benigno Aquino

… with Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak

President Barack Obama makes a statement announcing that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will travel to Myanmar

179 Responses to “jobs … right now”

1. November 17, 2011 at 9:31 pm

I’ve said g’night in the previous post, but I found that some media did cover something = may I share the link, it’s a video of POTUS and Indian PM at ndtv.com

• 10 Mel
      November 17, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I wonder if there will be braking News in all the NETWORKS? do not think so . Grat job Cipsticks
      thank you .

November 17, 2011 at 9:40 pm

No Mel they won’t say a darn word about it. You see it’s good news for Obama. All the United States media want to report is bad news for Obama.

2. November 17, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Just wonderful news…….Thank Mr. President for all that you do. I hope that you get home safely and get plenty of rest..

My deepest gratitude to Chips for all the wonderful work.

With appreciation, I say “Thank you”

3. 13 Bobfr
    November 17, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Our4thEstate Bobfr
    President Obama & Boeing have signed the largest trade deal in US, Indonesian history – bit.ly/t00Z3F #JobsRightNOW

BTW everyone – my Twitter account was hacked. I’ve changed passwd and hopefully all will be ok. Various folk received spam DMs as a result of the hack. Am very sorry for the hassle that caused any of you. Not surprised a bunch of folk have ‘unfollowed’ – I’d probably have done the same.

#PRESSON

• November 17, 2011 at 10:09 pm

mine was hacked to Bob.. I got two of those dms, I’m guessing that means there were some sent with my name on them too. I also changed my password, but don’t know if I’ve been unfollowed, I hope not.

• 15 Tulips
      November 17, 2011 at 10:20 pm

All you can do is just delete them.

• 16 COS
      November 17, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Bobfr, not sure if you saw my message on the last thread thanking you for letting me know about my twitter account. I hadn’t signed on for a couple of days and I didn’t know it.

• November 17, 2011 at 11:41 pm

That’s another sign you’re doing Great Work, Bob! Hope it gets straightened out and you’ll be back in business.

Is there anyway to prevent that in the future? We are at war.

• 18 Jennifer
        November 18, 2011 at 1:30 am

That bites. Bunch of aholes!

Cha – I read your sentence quickly (i’m kinda a fast reader – can scan and get the gist) – but I saw “Bob Hope it gets straightened out”. Thought there was a USO show going on soon. ;)

• 19 Bobfr
      November 18, 2011 at 2:07 am

Thank you sherijr, Tulips, COS, Cha, & Jennifer.

I’ve decided to never use the DM feature of Twitter ever again. It’s clear that it is hackable. Regret the nuisance caused to any of you (and others). Little doubt all kinds of folk intend disruption of those of us determined to protect a democratic America, re-elect President Obama and elect Senators and Members of Congress who will work for the majority of Americans, not the pampered/privileged few.

#YesWeCanDOMoreTogether

4. 20 CTGirl
    November 17, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Hardest working man in Washington!

5. November 17, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Nice job chips-
    The MSM knows this , and are nit reporting it, on purpose.
    They are too busy reading romney’s emails that his staff sends them!
    Recently, chuck Todd said, this emailing and feeding story-lines behind the scenes, is what obama did in 08.
    I don’t know if it is true, but if it is, they are taking a page out of plouffe’s book!

6. 22 Marlz (@marjgra)
    November 17, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Senate Hearing Room Erupts into Chant: ‘We Are the 99 Percent!’

7. 23 Me4obama
    November 17, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Thank you Mr. President for your hard work. Please come home soon to Michelle and the Girls. I am starting to have a withdrawal. I get so excited when he is going on a trip but it takes 3days to miss him already :sad:

8. November 17, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Pres Obama is working his ass off to help put this country back to working again and what do the clowns on the right do? They make commercials saying Obama was “privileged” and that he called the American people “lazy.” Their telling LIES, you know, the thing they always do. More and more everyday they make me pissed off. And then we have some Beckazoid trying to assassinate the president! Wtf!

November 18, 2011 at 3:53 am

I’m right with you Lonnie. I don’t want to see the media sit on their butts and let Perry and Romney get away with their lying about the President calling Americans lazy.

9. 26 Lightfoot
    November 17, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Gosh, I love all of these updated posts! Thanks darlin’ Chipstick, if you will permit me to be so forward :-D

10. 28 Sosena
    November 17, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Barack in Bali …

11. 29 donna dem 4 obama
    November 17, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Lawrence is taking GOPolitico and the media in general to task for perpectuating the “Lazy” lie.

• 33 COS
      November 17, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Lawrence O really did a great job slamming that GOPolitico article. Even Fineman and Alex had to agree with him. Tweety and Rev Al also slammed the lie.

November 17, 2011 at 10:59 pm

I think the President’s people need to step forward and speak up and call Perry and Romney what they are liars. Don’t sit back and let this go. Someone from the President camp need to hit the tv round and put this to rest, cause they can not count on the media to do the right thing.

• November 17, 2011 at 11:45 pm

I see it as a huge opening for PBO to talk about what he did in Hawai’i, Austrailia, and Indonesia. gopropaganda LIES BACKFIRING?! YEAH.

• November 17, 2011 at 11:54 pm

It is really good to see a number of people pushing back at GOP for distorting PBO’s words. But tonight Candy Crowley was awful. She didn’t even wait for the GOP to do its own dirty work, she said that some of the president’s words made her think about Jimmy Carter’s speech when he used the word malaise.

I tweeted her and asked her to stop carring GOP water. She was horrible. She was actually stretching and trying to create a false meme.

November 18, 2011 at 3:58 am

This is why I said you can’t count on the media for during the right thing. Some don’t know what that is and I guess Ms. Cowley is one of them.

• November 17, 2011 at 11:55 pm

He did good!! Tweety and TheRevAl did the same tonight.

12. November 17, 2011 at 10:16 pm

So I see Lawrence O has Howard Fineman and Alex Wagner on to talk about the “lazy” ad and comments by Romney & Perry. Lawrence did a good job of calling out the media for not trying hard enough to get the truth out there. Funny, but wasn’t Alex Wagner the one everybody on twitter wre talking about wh’s show was a complete Obama-bashing fest? And Howard Fineman representin’ Huff & Puff, the left equivalent of Drudge or TMZ is supposed to comment on journalistic integrity…please.

Well at least Lawerence had a good rant.

• November 17, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Maybe it was meant for them two to hear it!

• November 17, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Same thoughts I had. Loved what Lawrence said about GOPolitico and their terrible headline but soon as he said Wagner and Fineman – had to mute it!

• November 17, 2011 at 10:32 pm

and David Gregory next – wow just wow – Larry needs some new friends!

• 43 Ladyhawke
          November 17, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Whenever I see David Gregory on one of the other shows on MSNBC I think they are trying to fluff him up because his ratings suck.

• November 17, 2011 at 11:47 pm

I’m sure they are..poor deflated mtpropagandist.

• 45 L3
            November 18, 2011 at 6:45 am

You are absolutely right. They are trying to put his face before viewers who may watch MSNBC shows but not MTP. This is a bad sign for him because if his numbers don’t get better soon, he may get the axe, which is exactly what he deserves for destroying what was once Sunday morning must-see TV.

• 46 COS
      November 17, 2011 at 10:41 pm

I notice that Alex has many stripes. She panders to Rev. Al when she is on his show and know not to bash PBO, but she changes when she is on ther shows. She is not credible.

November 17, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Another useless overpaid do-nothing analyst to spread mediacorp propaganda while millions go unemployed.

• 48 Audrey
          November 17, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Frightfully mediocre and obtuse at best. This is what occupies and forms what pretends to be media in America! They all make me so sick.
          How can a complete idiot like Alex Wagner be given a whole hour to do anything let alone misinform. Lord help America; seriously.

• November 17, 2011 at 11:48 pm

She must know she’d get her propaganda shoved back down and perhaps that’s scary for her. :P

• November 17, 2011 at 11:50 pm

I never listen to Howard Fineman. I personally do not trust him and so, when I see his mouth moving on any TV in my house, I leave the room or if I am alone, I switch channels. I think he plugs his sources out of thin air.

13. November 17, 2011 at 10:17 pm

The Republicans have been sitting in Congress for over a year without creating a single job for Americans. The president spends one day in Indonesia and comes back with 110,000 jobs. So who’s doing the people’s work?

It’s time we went into full blasting communications mode– writing LTE’s, calling our local newspapers to ask why this isn’t being widely reported, blasting the information through social media and telling everybody we know or see. Then we need to ask major news outlets why they’re conspiring to keep information from the people. The DNC needs a nice little ad, juxtaposing all the stupid naming of postoffices over months and months compared to the one-day wonder that PBO produced.

14. November 17, 2011 at 10:26 pm

By Josiah Ryan – 11/17/11 07:16 PM ET
    The Senate followed the lead of the House on Thursday, easily passing a 2012 “minibus” spending bill that also contains a continuing spending resolution keeping the government running through December 16.

The legislation next heads to the president for a signature, likely on Friday.

The bill, H.R. 2112, was approved in a 70-30 vote in which Senate conservatives and some moderate Republican opposed it. All fifty-seven Democrats and the two independents voted in favor of the bill.

15. November 17, 2011 at 10:29 pm

A senior military official says U.S. forces soon will begin winding down counterinsurgency operations in Afghanistan, signaling a major shift in the decade-old conflict.

U.S. forces are working to “set the conditions” for Afghan government officials and security forces to assume control of key provinces by next fall as American troops begin to exit, Marine Corps Commandant Gen. James Amos told The Hill.

McCain will be pissed! Lol!

16. 62 virginia
    November 17, 2011 at 10:36 pm

The President looked really tired in that White House.gov. video. Wonder when that was done? His eyes rarely look that bleary.

17. 65 LDS
    November 17, 2011 at 10:39 pm

My heart is filled with so much respect, love and gratefulness for this wonderfulman. I am so embarassed that the so-called media is not covering any of these history making events. The WH press should be fired and never allowed around or near the President…..ever! While phone banking on last evening and arriving home at 2:30 am, it was a pleasure to come here, Ms. Chips and catch up on Our President’s day. It was painful to know that most of the volunteers had no idea that the President had traveled and the hard work he is doing. No pictures, nothing. Instead, the newspapers headlines were all about OWS.

I once again proudly referred the volunteers to this blog and told them to stop watching and listening to negative lies about Our President. He is determined and focused. I finally got to bed at 4:00 am. What a wonderful speech in Parliment. He was received whole heartedly and I vowed not to get discouraged or tired. I prayed for Our President and his family and the wonderful people here. Thanks, Chips for all you do.

I totally agree with PJ. Our President has punk’d the repugs and they are grasping for straws and anything they can get their hands on by spreading their lies. ‘KEEP ON PUSHING”

November 17, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Oh well…guess President Obama will be doing s’more executive orders to get his HSR going then!!! GOP, be careful what you wish for – you might just get it. Either you pass the damn bills or you will have a dictatorship.

• 90 theo67
      November 18, 2011 at 1:03 am

It’s not the “President’s high speed rail” that they’ve killed – it’s America’s high speed rail. The President will likely never take public transportation ever again. He’ll probably not run a distribution operation where he needs to get product cheaply from one place to the next. He’s got enough money that he can probably take a helicopter to get through heavy traffic in the future.

But, it’s the people – the regular people – who have just been deprived of cheaper, faster travel, lower distribution costs which will ultimately lower prices of products, the ability to compete with even countries like Saudi Arabia (who are getting high speed rail), and a safer mode of transportation and a healthier climate. The President doesn’t get affected by this – the people and the country do. Thanks GOP.

• November 18, 2011 at 8:43 am

How do we get generally Republican-leaning voters to realize this, Theo? The GOP are so blinded, so shortsighted, so vengeful, that they cannot see who is really being hurt, and at the end of the day these rich egoists can jump in their ‘Cadillac’ or private plane and go where they want to go without fuss or bother. Part of the problem as I see it is that the people proposing or prohibiting the laws rarely, if ever, have to abide by them!

18. 92 HZ
    November 17, 2011 at 10:56 pm

I love our wonderful President, Barack Obama and I will do anything to make sure that I will help keeping his back.

We are proud of you as always, Mr. President.!!!!!!!!!HZ

• November 17, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Agree totally, HZ. He is the hardest working president, hands down. And as GOP work overtime to undo every progress he’s made, he keeps pressing on. He is an amazing human being.

19. November 17, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Keep up the excellent work you are doing Chips, this place has become my second home!

20. November 17, 2011 at 11:52 pm

TOD~ I’d like to make a suggestion. How about we dedicate a day to sending thank you notes to the President so that they’re waiting for him when he returns. He works tirelessly for this country and has been on a grueling journey overseas–even though he’s been shown much respect and love. I think it would be nice for him to know that so many of us here appreciate what he’s doing and we have his back!~

• November 18, 2011 at 12:04 am

That the news media call these people credible candidates is just mind boggling. People around the world are watching us and shaking their collective heads.

• 105 Walking_on_ Sunshine
      November 18, 2011 at 1:10 am

desertflower. It’s just one crazy district. What really bites is that the woman who ran against her was so much more rational and would have made a great representative.

Here’s a link to her wiki entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarryl_Clark
      I really wanted her to win and donated to her campaign. The good news is, she will run in the 8th district in 2012, where she has a better chance of winning. I signed up for emails from her so I can keep informed. I am hoping and praying for this because it’s such a tragedy to have people like Bachmann out there representing the state when we have rational and lucid candidates who are not getting elected. Michele had nothing going for her other than the “R” beside her name.

November 18, 2011 at 8:07 am

Oh, WoS…I understand about candidates getting elected only because they have an “R” behind their name! I live in AZ! We do crazy pretty good here too! I get emails from Tarryl Clark as well…and I don’t have anything to do with MN :) I know that she’d make a great rep, and I’m certain that this time she’ll be successful….but seriously? Bachmann has let the crazy out of the bag….the “R” behind HER name stands for ” Rehabilitation” not Republican….they need to tire of the looney and get a candidate to represent them that isn’t a train wreck! There ARE Republicans that can still do that….somewhere! Good luck.

• November 18, 2011 at 8:59 am

Maybe Michele should take up a collection so that poor doctor who waited on the phone for 2 hours could hire a receptionist/secretary. A donation box could be set up for paying her salary? Does Michele ever get told any uplifting stories, because frankly her sob stories always seem too artificial to elicit sympathy. Maybe I’m being unfair to her, but her mannerisms always turn me off.

[By the way, I wouldn't want to be a patient of this doctor who obviously makes such unwise decisions as waiting on a phone for TWO hours while the sick awaited his attention. Just saying..]

21. 108 ber6964
    November 17, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Post Cards, Support the Postal Service too!!!

22. November 18, 2011 at 12:02 am

BreakingNews Breaking News
    More: Obama says Myanmar showing ‘flickers of progress,’ sending Clinton to explore new chapter with US – @AP

Apparently no Secretary of State has been to Burma in 50 years.

This man never ceases to amaze.

• November 18, 2011 at 12:19 am

Sweet. I saw this on Lawrence. I believe in the depth of my heart Republicans will pay darely for their actions.

November 18, 2011 at 12:25 am

Oh yes they will! Grover is already wearing out his welcome with even some Republicans….their actions will become like a boomerang, swing right back around and hit them so hard they won’t KNOW what hit them! Mark my words.

23. November 18, 2011 at 12:33 am

Drone strike kills 7 militants in Pakistan
    IANS | Nov 17, 2011, 08.11PM IST
    ISLAMABAD: US drones struck in Pakistan’s restive Waziristan tribal region for the third consecutive day on Thursday, killing seven suspected militants, officials said.

The CIA-operated spy planes fired four missiles at a militant hideout in Razmak area, 60 km from Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan Agency, TV news channels quoted Pakistani officials as saying.

Seven suspected militants were killed in the attack though it could not be immediately ascertained which Taliban faction they belonged to.

At least 16 suspected militants were killed yesterday when US drones fired a barrage of missiles at a sprawling militant compound in Sararogha area of South Waziristan Agency.

The compound was a base for the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, officials said.

On Tuesday, six suspected militants were killed when a US drone targeted a compound in North Waziristan Agency.

According to a count by CNN, today’s drone strike was the 64th this year, compared to 111 in 2010.

The frequency of drone strikes has increased since President Barack Obama took office in 2008.

The US has described North Waziristan as the main safe haven for al-Qaeda and Taliban elements.

24. 120 Walking_on_ Sunshine
    November 18, 2011 at 12:36 am

Chipsticks! The latest video is awesome! I happen to have just recently downloaded this song from itunes (the acoustic version) and have been enjoying it. Of course it’s the perfect choice for this trip. I am so behind in trying to keep up with you I don’t know how you find time to do all this. Do you have a team of elves that show up at night and make videos of the President’s travels for you while you sleep? Do you sleep?
    Can you possibly know how much we all appreciate what you do?
    Thank you so much. I’m so glad the weekend is coming up so I can catch up on your posts. :)

25. 122 donna dem 4 obama
    November 18, 2011 at 12:46 am

Friday (Today) is our very own (Linda) “What Is Working’s” Birthday.

Happy Birthday WIW!!!!!

November 18, 2011 at 12:57 am

Happy Birthday,WIW!!! You are an angel! Many, many more :)

27. November 18, 2011 at 1:06 am

Happy b’day WIW. Have a great day.

That gopolitico spoof is spot on, chips.

28. November 18, 2011 at 1:12 am

Happy Birthday, Linda of What IS Working! You are so appreciated..I thank you exponentially for the creative ways you get the FACTS OUT & get peeps Movtivated!

29. 134 Walking_on_ Sunshine
    November 18, 2011 at 1:18 am

Happy Birthday WIW! Enjoy your day! :)

30. November 18, 2011 at 1:51 am

I am seeing reports of arrest of ows protesters. Where were these peeps in 2010 ?

• 138 FiredUpInCA
      November 18, 2011 at 2:13 am

There were doing the same thing in 2010 that they’re doing in 2011: navel gazing and not voting.

“Occupy’s plummeting popularity: 4 theories”

After you have brought awareness to wealth inequality — as if anybody who is unemployed or employed was not aware of wealth inequality — what was the plan OWS?

The fact that the far left holds this epic unleashing of energy to do nothing but bring attention to oneself as the model for a successful movement, while they ridicule an organization like OFA, tells me everything I need to know about the usefulness of their strategizing to actually get stuff done like policies being implemented and legislation passed.

Martin Luther King Jr.’s March on Washington was not just a march on Washington every week. It was the culmination of a carefully built coalition that became a March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.

Let’s do an exercise. Occupy Wall Street is for __________________?

This directionless, objective-free movement is about to end sooner than Kim Kardashian’s wedding.

• 139 theo67
        November 18, 2011 at 2:29 am

What’s most sad is that it’s such a waste of energy that could have been harnessed to actually get important stuff done. I hope they take a step back and regroup, but based on what I heard today on Randi Rhodes, and saw on twitter conversations, a lot of these people will not be moved to Phase 2. This is a clear case of people who have never had to make difficult things happen. They don’t know about setting goals, and the importance of having tangible deliverables to sustain commitment and interest. Personally, I don’t want a war with the police. That’s ridiculous. I wanted to have a movement of awareness that would work with President Obama to educate people in time for 2012. And an outlet for all the pent up frustrations. Instead, a lot of people are going to be more confused and more demoralized than before – breeding even greater apathy. That’s a real shame.

• 140 FiredUpInCA
          November 18, 2011 at 3:03 am

I hear what you’re saying. OWS appeared to be a promising movement that could be harnessed to achieve concrete progress.

In a way, OWS reminds me of Jon Stewart’s self-love fest of clever picket signs, that appeared to be in alliance with progressive Democratic goals.

The attendees of his event were only successful at mocking the tea party and matching their turnout, but they did not do the real and useful work of stopping the tea party from winning the House.

The OWS movement appears indifferent, if not hostile to, politics. Because of that trait they are not and never were really allies.

• 141 theo67
            November 18, 2011 at 3:56 am

I totally agree. The same disappointment I felt with Jon Stewart’s love fest is the same feeling I have about OWS – and they have equally destructive potential. Once again, we’re headed into an election where the waters have been muddied and apathy will result in handing power to people who are keen to use it for evil. People need to wake up. Real change takes time and work. And these people don’t seem to get that.

31. 142 theo67
    November 18, 2011 at 2:25 am

I really liked seeing President Obama and Secretary Clinton together in that last picture. Caught me by surprise – we haven’t seen them together in a while. I wish she was staying for a second term, but if Kerry gets it, or someone with similar good sense, then should be ok.

32. 145 anniebella
    November 18, 2011 at 4:09 am

The more I hear about that shooting at the White House, the madder I get. I just hope the girls were not there. It’s time for the President to get back home to his family now. I don’t care how much Secret Service protection you have, some time you just feel better when your Daddy or husband is there. I know Michelle wasn’t there but it still has to scare you alittle bit to know that someone was shooting at your home. Let’s keep praying for them all.

33. 146 nathkatun7
    November 18, 2011 at 4:13 am

Chipsticks,

I always come to your site late when the discussions have already taken place. There are times when I passionately have something to say when it comes to pushing back against the idiocy of the right wingers and the PL. For the past three days, all I have been interested in is coming to this site to take in your coverage of the President’s trip as well as read the inspired comments of the caring family you’ve assembled. I was even delighted to see one of my heroes, BWD, posting comments on this site. Clearly, She has not lost a step in her fearlessness. Hopefully, She will be joining you soon by reopening her fabulous blog.

Any way, All I wanted to say today was thank you! Thank you for creating this beautiful community. Thank you for devoting so much time and energy in providing us a space where we can view and read more positive information about President Obama. Thank you for attracting young and talented people who share insightful views for some of us who may belong to another era. Thanks you for keeping this place free of outrageous attacks on the president similar to those that turned me off from previous, so called progressive, sites. Thank you for providing information that exposes the failure of the mainstream media to tell the truth about this President. Finally, and most importantly, thank you for your great sense of humor, which I am sure attracted many of your supporters who can be both serious and humorous at the same time. The most rewarding time I spend on this site is laughing at the clever and delicious humor from you and your followers.

Previously, I was so impressed, or to be frank overwhelmed, about your coverage of the President’s visits to Ireland, U.K., India, and Brazil that made the so called mainstream media look like amateurs. Well, you’ve done it again. From Hawaii, to Australia and now to indonesia, your coverage of the President is totally breathtaking. For us who visit this site we will have memories that the vast majority of people who rely on the so called mainstream media in America would never experience. I am now completely convinced that people in countries like Ireland, Australia, India and Brazil, and others value President Obama more than many of the people in the United States (with the exception, of course, of the members of Chipstick’s TOD family) because they still have real journalists who objectively cover President Obama.

Bravo, for a job well done! I hope you and the President get to take a day or two off for R&R. The pace both of you have been going is totally inhumane. On the other hand, we average humans, who still require sleep to be able to barely function (I know I do), deeply appreciate your discipline and tireless energy.

• November 18, 2011 at 7:46 am

Amen, and A-MEN, Nathk!
      Thank you for expressing our gratitude to Ms Chips so well, and for reminding BWD that she’s in our thoughts. IMO we are indeed extremely fortunate to be able to participate in Chips commitment to the best president ever!

Here at TOD we get to be a part of service and commitment of an extremely high level in governance, blogging (Chips, wIw), fundraising (DD4O), OFA volunteering (too many to list), tweeting (twitter brigade), back-watching, praying, etc. etc! Woot! Woot! OBAMA/BIDEN 2012!

Can you tell I’m feeling blessed? :lol:

Have a great Friday yourself, Nathkatun7! :lol:

November 18, 2011 at 8:22 am

Thank you for that. Beautifully said….and I agree. Wholeheartedly!

• 149 Grab a Mop Grace
      November 18, 2011 at 8:41 am

Agreed, Agreed, Agreed! And well put.
      This site is an oasis in the wilderness.
      If we relied only on the MSM, we might not even be aware that the President was out of the country!
      When I have a moment to check on the outside world, this is where I come.
      Thank you Chipsticks!!

Obama/Biden 2012

• November 18, 2011 at 9:58 am

Oh nathkatun7, I only just saw your comment, completely overwhelmed! As I always say, I get a lot more out of this blog than I put in to it, it’s a pure joy to follow the President’s journey with people who appreciate him, rather than with those who are just eaten up with hate – which is why I gave up on so many supposed Dem-supporting sites. It’s just outrageous how little MSM coverage there is of the President’s trips abroad, so it’s my pleasure to partly fill that gap. It really pains me, though, that so few Americans get to see the reception he receives abroad – I still remember CBS ‘News’ only showing about 20 seconds from his visit to Ireland, and that was only of him drinking Guinness. :roll: I don’t think they even showed the size of the crowd that greeted him in Dublin, it was depressing. Any way, thank you again for your lovely words nathkatun7, I can’t tell you how much it thrills me that you and the gang enjoy the blog. Thanks again.

• November 18, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Chipsticks, from a strategic point of view…

What was it the President’s campaign did with its funds after locking up the nomination in 2008?

They put together and aired a full show “re-introducing” then-Senator Obama to America. Imagine the impact from a public-relations/campaign point of view when they they do that again, this time showing and illuminating every major achievement he can claim and all of the spectacular images of his time in office that most Americans have never seen. Juxtaposed with personal accounts and selections from his own oratory, and this will likely be an overwhelming testament to his work, whatever your view of his political decisions.

His team knows this. So an absence of full coverage may not actually be hurting their plans in the long run. Again, it’s a good example of the power of creating an unnatural vacuum relating to information that people actually *want* to know.

• 152 L3
          November 18, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Great point. If he does a video with clips of his travels around the world and the great reception he receives along with his accomplishments, there are people in this country that are going to be stunned by that and wonder when did these things happen and why did the media not report it? Only then will people come to the conclusion about the media that we all have already.

34. November 18, 2011 at 4:33 am

Good Morning Chips!

Here is a bit more of the President’s speech to the troops in Darwin Australia:

By the way, tomorrow is my Birthday so I hope I get one of your “Baracktastic” birthday greetings :)

Have a Great Day.

• November 18, 2011 at 7:00 am

Good Morning, Donna, my TODville video queen! Do you mean ‘tomorrow’ as in today, Friday or as in, Saturday?

In case it is Friday – ‘Happy Birthday to you! May you have a wonderful day!’ I’m sure Chips and Barack will bring the cake out in time. :lol: :lol:

• 155 edp4bho
      November 18, 2011 at 8:58 am

Happy Birthday donna. :-D

35. November 18, 2011 at 5:00 am

Dear president when you complete the eight years at the United States you will be elected as President in Australia or in france or Ireland
    good luck dear president

36. 157 mollyevans
    November 18, 2011 at 6:28 am

Chips — lurker here — had to say your gopolitico mockup(s) are hilarious. Spot on, methinks. Please keep up the good work; I know how much I appreciate this oasis in a brutal, desolate jungle. I also want to share something with my fellow bambots: Ever wonder why POTUS & FLOTUS love him so much? Here’s why, with lyrics:

37. November 18, 2011 at 7:02 am

A good Friday morning, Chips & TODville! What’s our President up to? Off I go to find out!

• November 18, 2011 at 7:21 am

I LOVE that “Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, oi, oi, oi” video! First time I ever really listened to the song, and the words had far more meaning this time. In fact I felt quite pleased to even recognize ‘vegemite’ in it. :lol: I tell you, Chips Chica, you have triggered soooo many ‘firsts’ in my life it seems like I was waiting for you, Barack, TODville and my laptop to come together so that I could start ‘living’. Muchas gracias. :razz: :lol:

38. 160 proudmemberofglobalzero
    November 18, 2011 at 7:09 am

Happy Birthday to all the are celebrating today. I think it is Linda and Donna. We wish you all the best!!!!

Peace and Love to all,,,,,,,off to work.

39. November 18, 2011 at 7:36 am

Good Morning, Everyone :)

40. November 18, 2011 at 7:39 am

I was thinking about the Secret Service for Minstrel Cain. I hate to be cynical, but don’t you think part of it was to ensure that he DOESN’T get out of the race? With his clown ass ego, he’s loving it…being im-PO-tent enough to get Secret Service protection. He’s NOT GOING ANYWHERE NOW…..LOL

November 18, 2011 at 8:31 am

If Cain are receiving threats mostly they are from some of those racists right wing nuts who he is foolish enough to think they want him to be President.

November 18, 2011 at 8:39 am

I don’t think that has anything to do with his staying in the race or not. SS protection is not given unless an official has had credible threats on their life. That’s not hard to believe in the case of Herman Cain. If you have ever read some of the stuff about him on some White supremacists websites, you will understand clearly why he may need SS protection. You and I can’t just request SS protection and get it just because we feel like it. There is a certain set of criteria that must be fulfilled before DHS can approve the request.

41. November 18, 2011 at 7:41 am

11/17/2011
    This Is Not Your Fucking Movement; This Is Our Fucking Movement:

Let’s be honest here: the march this morning to shut down Wall Street was useless if its goal was to, well, shut down Wall Street. The New York Stock Exchange is, more or less, a show. Multi-million dollar financial transactions are not done by crazy, sweaty guys on a loud, chaotic floor. They’re done digitally. So whether or not the secretaries and junior fuckbag executives and janitors got into work didn’t stop a single transfer of funds from one rich asshole to another. It pissed off some people and got the cops more overtime.

But, as ever, as ever, since it’s started, everyone, from The Daily Show to Diane Rehm, right, left, and middle, has insisted that Occupy Wall Street conform to some readily defined paradigm of what a protest movement needs to be. Essentially, they are echoing something that Karl Rove drooled out the other day when he asked protesters at a speech he giving at Johns Hopkins University, “Who gave you the right to occupy America?” The real question is “Who took that right away?”

We are just two months into this. Two fucking months after sucking up the shit given to us from the right for years. Two fucking months after being part of the movement that propelled Obama into the presidency, only to see that movement dissolved and dissipated. Two fucking months after watching two years of Tea Party bullshit being flaunted in our faces as if it represented anything but the height of corporate and conservative cynicism and manipulation.

We are two months into this and everyone in the media is clamoring for closure. It took years for the civil rights movement to get laws changed. It took years for the anti-Vietnam War movement to get through the thick skulls of the majority of Americans. This is just starting. Welcome to the real occupation.

• 167 debbyeOh
      November 18, 2011 at 9:44 am

Yes, this! Good morning all TOD family, I think we need to remember this, the fact that OWS is number 1 : only two months old and number 2 : involving. I believe as we get closer to the actual election cycle, some of OWS (not all) will become involved in the campaign. These are smart people that will recognize their best interests. So, I’m not sour on the movement. As a student of history, I acknowledge the arc of history can be slow, but would eventually bend toward justice. Patience, grasshoppers, patience :) !

• 168 prettyfoot58
      November 18, 2011 at 11:04 am

This is how i see it,,,,

ok your are protesting Wall Street…but what are the concretes…i am tired of the cries in the winds…folks can be and have been seriously hurt….when you lead a movement…there has to be accountability on the part of the leadership….

what are you hoping to accomplish by your actions….like has been stated …it has been two months…and for me i am no closer to understanding what it is all about…i understand the grievance and issues…but what is the plan…what are the goals….

and to say that it is YOUR movement as if there have been no other movements…and F— anyone who may have legitimate concerns is just not the thing to say…..but then perhaps you say this because… really you do not have clue at what comes next…and that you (the OWS Leadership) are leading folks off a cliff….

• 169 theo67
      November 18, 2011 at 1:05 pm

What I would say to the Rude Pundit is that the movement that propelled President Obama into the White House did not dissolve and dissipate – it is alive and well. For three years, they’ve been doing the hard work that real change involves – pressuring Congress, registering voters, educating constituents. They’ve not been writing articles, or appearing on TV or attacking the President. They’ve supported him and been patient and diligent. They’ve highlighted problems, identified solutions and then worked within the system to get those solutions executed in as complete a way possible. Their strength is organization, and that organization – in addition to the awesomeness of President Obama – is that’s why the President was propelled to office. Nobody occupied anything. There were no battles with police. Nobody was injured. Just quiet, diligent, hard work with a clearly defined goal.

42. 170 Fred
    November 18, 2011 at 7:52 am

good morning to my TOD family and Happy Birthday WIW and Donna :D :D
    may God watch over potus and guide him while he’s away doing business on our behalf and watch over flotus and dopotus (daughters of potus)

43. November 18, 2011 at 8:18 am

The Army made that project Arora into a missle—

A hypersonic flying missile that can strike a target anywhere in the world in just 30 minutes has been unveiled by the U.S. military.

The Advanced Hypersonic Weapon (AHW), which travels five times the speed of sound, was successfully tested yesterday.

It was launched by rocket from Hawaii at 11.30am, glided south westwards through the upper atmosphere over the Pacific at ‘hypersonic speed’ before hitting its target on the Kwajalein atoll in the Marshall Islands – some 2,500 miles away.

Impressive!

44. 176 tally
    November 18, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Just found this – yeah it’s old, but it’s AWESOME.

RSS Steve Benen