Nov

cnn demolishes romney ad: it’s ‘a new low’

Mediaite: …. Mitt Romney’s campaign released its first television ad …. The biggest point of contention was a moment where the ad shows 2008 footage of then-Candidate Obama making fun of a quote made by one of John McCain’s aides. However, the Romney ad makes it seem like Obama is saying the quote himself. When CNN asked Romney’s team about the error, they cheerfully responded that they did it on purpose.

This appears to have really ticked some folks at the news network off as CNN just did a segment on the ad that was one of the most blistering things we’ve ever seen…..

More here

Wow! CNN?!

Tomorrow:

10:30 AM President Obama pardons the National Thanksgiving Turkey (Woot!)

4:20 The President, First Lady and their daughters participate in a service event

Wait, wait, don’t tell me! 2005

President Barack Obama greets members of the audience after delivering remarks on the American Jobs Act at Manchester Central High School, Manchester, N.H., Nov. 22. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

296 Responses to “cnn demolishes romney ad: it’s ‘a new low’”

1. November 22, 2011 at 7:15 pm

well, you know, they are in their newt phase now

• November 22, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Ha, that’s true aristac.

• 7 dotster3
      November 22, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Speaking of the Mankini Babe—–Newtie’s campaign is so not on the ball that he didn’t get his paperwork and $!000 bucks in by today’s deadline in Mo. and will not appear on the Repub primary ballot there. So sad, too bad.

• November 22, 2011 at 7:26 pm

It shows that he doesn’t have much of a campaign or ground game, but it’s not really a big deal in that the primary is basically meaningless in Mo – From the link:

Missouri’s primary is a “beauty contest,” meaning that no delegates will be awarded. The state Republican Party will hold caucuses in March for that purpose.

• November 22, 2011 at 7:26 pm

DUFUS. All these guys are so incredibly bad at campaigning. Especially now that PBO and David Plouffe essentially wrote the book on it.

November 22, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Exactly. Each of them blows off states like they’re kids at the door trick or treating on Halloween.

(I don’t know where I got that from – I always welcome trick or treaters!)

• November 22, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Hahahaahhaaa! They are pretty scary!

But, yeah, it’s astonishing how unprepared they seem to even run a smart campaign. As if, just by standing in front of a microphone they will somehow get elected. And the really dumb, stupid answers on foreign policy – it’s appalling.

Just being involved with OFA, it’s so crystal clear that national HQ has an incredible tight ship going on right now and what they have in store for the future will blow people away in terms of how they’re going to get people involved. This is a first class campaign organization.

• 14 vitaminlover
          November 22, 2011 at 11:08 pm

Exactly, meta. Pure genius.

2. November 22, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Wowzers, when does the merry-go-round stop?

3. November 22, 2011 at 7:22 pm

CNN? I better go out buy a lottery ticket.

This will do him a lot of damage. He took his weasel-ness one step too far.

November 22, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I hope not, in a way. Because if this weasel (Romney) doesn’t get the nomination, we’ll be stuck with the biggest weasel of all (Grinch).

• November 22, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Newt would be a cakewalk to beat.

• 19 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
          November 22, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Exactly SR. Romney is the only GOP candidate that will have PBO break a sweat and that is only cause anyone voting for him just does not want a Black man in the Whitehouse (even with all of Romney’s flip/flopping and LIES). The rest of the field would have PBO winning in a LANDSLIDE.

• 20 Lorraine
      November 22, 2011 at 7:34 pm

BWD, I miss you. I completely agree. The American People don’t trust him already and now they know that he is a liar. The reason why people consider him a moral person is because of the length of his marriage, that’s all he got.

• 21 Me4obama (@Me4obama)
      November 22, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Yup, Wllard has to fire that idiot that told him to lie in that ad.

• 22 Lovepolitics2008
      November 22, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Romney definitely brought that on himself. However, the media has chosen MULTIPLE times to look the other way when other republicans blatantly lies or distorted facts. Why are they speaking out in this particular case?

• 23 vitaminlover
      November 22, 2011 at 11:11 pm

You know? Weasel is a good definition of Romney. Slick, sneaky and kind of greasey looking.

4. 25 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
    November 22, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Wow TeabagCentral at CNN criticizing Romney? Wonder how long this will last? It will be interesting to watch especially after he wins the nomination.

• November 22, 2011 at 7:28 pm

It’s because as Begala mentioned (I think it was him) the Romney campaign was a little too open to the fact they were really playing/using the media. They’re “look, we know it’s out of context – but that’s the point, you’re talking about it, it’s free advertising for us HAHAHAHAHAHA!” doesn’t sit well with networks.

November 22, 2011 at 7:33 pm

You’re right. It’s follow the money, as usual.

I don’t really buy the fact that his campaign knew the quote really came from McCain. I think it was shoddy advice to their (certainly not my) candidate. But we’ll never know, I guess. Until one of their books.

• 28 EDP4BHO
        November 22, 2011 at 8:21 pm

He is such a smarmy bastard. Am so waiting for him to fall on his face from all the lies he will be telling, as he offers nothing of his own doing that is of any benefit to this country. The ass is going to rue the day he messed with Barack Obama.

5. 30 dotster3
    November 22, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Surprisingly this deceptive ad has had a lot of attention. Everyone subjected to it will know that it’s a big fat lie, and that the Romney campaign is willing to lie, cannot be trusted. Not a smart move by Mittens.

• November 22, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Chancing a comment about this after a long and aggravating recuperation — did anyone notice the little miss repeating that they did this on purpose to bring Obama out swinging at Romney? I was fascinated by her teeth — she has so many of them and they’re so big. I mean she really has a mouthful of them.

Additionally, the fact that her reasoning is illogical (” Obama said these things …” — he did? He didn’t just quote McCaine?) indicates that the entire kit and kaboodle of them has just awakened from a long trip into outer space. The “wait-what?” reaction doesn’t seem to affect any of them, even the awful Ari Feischer. So the Obama team walked into “Mitt’s trap?” What trap? It’s like a guy getting knocked flat on his back by a left hook and then picking up his battered head and gurgling out through his broken jaw — “Well, how do your knuckles feel NOW, bozo?”

Of course, I’d also like to turn that little twit over my knee and give her bare behind a tanning that it’s most likely never had. I’d say she needs it. Majorly.

• November 22, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Joan! It’s just fantastic to hear from you. How are you doing, is your recovery going well?

• November 22, 2011 at 8:13 pm

It’s going as slow as molasses in January, but I’m at least getting some writing done on my site. It was getting embarrassing. I think I can upload a couple of pages tomorrow. Thanks for asking Chipsticks, you’re a good person, truly.

• November 22, 2011 at 8:19 pm

“It’s going as slow as molasses in January”

Oh Joan, I missed you and your magical way with words!

So sorry to hear your recovery is slow, but thrilled that you’re back writing. When you upload your new pages let us know so we can all visit.

Take care of yourself Joan, so happy to see you back.

• 36 EDP4BHO
            November 22, 2011 at 10:21 pm

So good to hear from you Joan. You will be in my prayers tonight.

• 37 HZ
              November 23, 2011 at 1:26 am

So good to hear from you, Joan. I just mentioned you today because I had not seen you on the site. Take care of yourself and know that we will be thinking for a beautiful recovery for you. HZ

• 38 sam uk obama supporter
            November 23, 2011 at 2:30 am

Joan, it is so good to have you back, missed you. I am sorry your recovery is slow but glad that you are writing again. Take care of yourself and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

• November 22, 2011 at 8:16 pm

OMG!!! I was staring at her teeth too. How old is she anyway? 23, 24? No wonder they pulled this childish stunt. The spokeswoman is a complete ‘moran.’ Cute, but stupid.

• November 22, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Joan! It is really, really good to see you AND to hear you are making progress, even if it’s slow progress! I am happy you have checked in so we know what’s happening. {{Joan}} :lol:

• 41 Puddin'
        November 22, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Joan, how are you doing? Take time to take it easy, so you can be as good as new…soon. Those teeth, I’m with you…my eyes went straight to the teeth…I was thinking, “shut up Bucky Beaver”…I know that’s not nice, but……

• 42 nospin
        November 22, 2011 at 11:44 pm

good to hear from you Joan. Hope all is well.

• November 23, 2011 at 1:00 am

Good to see you checking in! Do take care. Would like a link to your site.

6. 44 halo
    November 22, 2011 at 7:33 pm

FUCK THAT JOKER. Excuse my French. THis will cement in people’s minds that Romney is a manipulative, congenital liar.

• November 22, 2011 at 7:39 pm

And if any of the other campaigns were willing to hit Romney (other than the Huntsman campaign) they’d release an ad to the effect “I won’t have to lie to challenge President Obama if I am the nominee…”. I mean he’s supposedly the inevitable nominee because he’s the only one who can beat President Obama and his first big campaign ad uses out of context quotes to try and make a point that doesn’t even make a lick of sense anyways?

• November 22, 2011 at 9:59 pm

And you know if the Romney rep thinks that their little pea-brained ideas are going to “trap” the president and his team, they are dealing far, far out of their league. Nobody on this planet sets traps like PBO–just ask China.

• 47 JoJothecat
      November 22, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Yep, not all “free” attention is “GOOD” attention. I hope it tars mittens for the entire campaign and beyond.

November 22, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Absolutely! But Ari said it’s fine…..

November 22, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Ari is a Republican, what do you expect him to say? Oh this ain’t good, right off the bat when alot of people don’t trust Romney, he puts out a ad in which they are lying. So it’s showing Romney will say or do anything to win, even if it means he is lying.

• November 22, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Where I have a problem with what Ari said is that the President doesn’t want to talk about the economy. Personally, I think the President is more thn willing to talk about the economy. In fact, he is the only one actually talking about solutions.

• November 22, 2011 at 9:51 pm

japa~ you’re absolutely right! That was the biggest lie of all: “The president doesn’t want to talk about the economy.”

Maybe they thought everyone would get so distracted by the stunt they pulled and wouldn’t notice.

Hello? What has he been talking about CONSTANTLY for the past month or so as he traveled across the country?

The American Jobs Act = The Economy

Try again, Republicans…we’ll be patiently waiting to call you out!

• 52 EDP4BHO
              November 22, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Actually PBO has ALWAYS talked about the economy. During health care debates, he stated how the broken system itself was adding to the debt. His stimulus package was about the economy. The auto industry bail out?—-the economy. Financial regulations…..the economy. Reduced taxes for the middle class and small businesses—–the economy. Has there ever been a time when the economy was not front and center with this President? And when he really got going last summer—-about creating jobs, about which he traveled abroad to India and such—-the rethugs change the subject to the debt ceiling because they had no jobs bill. We need to constantly remind everyone that the economy has been his main agenda all along. The recalcitrant fat cats are the ones destroying the economy and have been.

• November 22, 2011 at 11:07 pm

EDP4BHO~ Thank you for expanding on the President’s consistency in discussing the economy, and bringing it home! It helps to clarify just how monstrous this lie that the GOP is pushing really is!

• 54 nathkatun7
                November 23, 2011 at 3:24 am

Bravo, EDP4BHO! As far as I am concerned, most of what President Obama talks about is the economy. That includes his speeches and news conferences hear and abroad. All the OFA has to do to answer this liar is to post clips of speeches the President has made, both in this country and abroad, that focus on jobs. President Obama always stresses that his #1 goal is: creating jobs for the American people.

• 55 Mel
            November 22, 2011 at 9:52 pm

I think somebody should send all the tapes of PBO where he has been talking about the economy and
            a plan to create jobs for millions of Americans Ari was the guy that keep telling us that Sadam Husim had
            WMD”s

• 56 EDP4BHO
              November 22, 2011 at 10:07 pm

“Ari was the guy that keep telling us that Sadam Husim had
              WMD”s”

Thanks for that reminder Mel. To think someone would have him on….a person with no character such as to lie us into a war. In fact, I don’t know why anyone would believe anyone on that panel. These people are simply getting ready for the onslaught of ads and the back and forth. This is all just sport to them. Sure they call out a lie, but then each and every one of them will, in the next 10 months, produce his own lie. Bet on it.

November 22, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I was joking:) That was snark on my part:)

• 58 Obama Grandmama
          November 23, 2011 at 12:18 am

Just like the meme against him already, “Mitt will say or do anything to win even if it means lying or flipping.” It just underscores what has been said about him and serves as an example to bring up later.

• 59 Sandy1110
          November 23, 2011 at 5:06 am

Ari Fleischer is a slimeball. Remember he’s the Bush Press Secretary who said people need to “watch what they say” when attempting to criticize the Bush admin. He doesn’t care about what’s said about PBO. In fact, he tried to defend it by saying “a broken clock is right twice a day”, implying Romney was right even if he didn’t go about making the point the way he should have.

Ari is and will always be a GOP weasel.

7. 60 Jessica
    November 22, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Maybe CNN is realizing that Romney will do or say anything to win. He has no soul or heart.

8. November 22, 2011 at 7:40 pm

hello. I am Mitt Romney & I am a liar & an asshole

November 22, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Ari Fleishsher ….way off base on this one. Still a tool.
    On another note…I went to college with Joe Johns. Really freaked me out to see him on tv….had NO idea that that was what he wanted to do with himself….one of the nicest guys you’d ever want to know…back then, he was awfully quiet, kind of shy….(compared to me!)…glad he came out of his shell!

• November 22, 2011 at 7:46 pm

oh cool. what was his major? do you know?

November 22, 2011 at 8:03 pm

We went to Ohio State at the time…in the drug administration pharmacy program…..we worked at OSU Hospitals and were responsible for giving all the meds. Best job I ever had….Joe (we called him Joseph then) worked on a floor that wasn’t very busy…I assume so he could study….I think he graduated from another university as well…. and , I believe went on to become an attorney. And got this gig at CNN….I think he was at MSNBC or NBC first though….Whatever…nice, nice guy. Would love to contact him and catch up…AND talk politics!

10. November 22, 2011 at 7:45 pm

1. In the video prior to the panel someone said Romney wanted the Obama campaign to take the bait. They wanted to engage the Obama campaign so that voters can see he’s willing and able to take them on and the Obama camp fell for it. Well excuse me, but the Obama campaign has been going after Romney for a few months already and Romney always responded by saying Pres.Obama is coming after him blah blah whine whine

2. While Pres. Obama hopes the economy gets better, he’s not shy about talking about it. He doesn’t run from it. He’s never ran from it. And with Romney’s let them eat dirt cake policies, Pres.Obama will happily run on the economy against Gordon Gecko.

• 72 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
      November 22, 2011 at 7:51 pm

YAWN…………..while Romney is playing games PBO is running this country. I can see now where the Romney campaign is going to have difficulty keeping their base enegergized during the general. There are decent Republicans who find this type of politics revolting. Stay tuned folks.

• November 22, 2011 at 8:13 pm

I disagree with Fleisher in the video when he said that this was a good day for Romney. If they think that the Obama camp did not give this any thought before they pushed back, they are delusional. The media may be talking about this instead of the jobs bill, but I am sure the Obama camp wanted people to call out this lie and show up Romney for the lying wiesel that he is. They did Perry the same way. Romney is getting a reputation as being a flipflopper and a liar. Mission accomplished!!

• November 22, 2011 at 8:19 pm

all I got outta this ad and the coverage about it is that the Mittster is an unconscionable liar. that’s it. He’s so stink and low, I’d rather have W back in the WH with his false sense of morality than that two bit huckster.

• November 22, 2011 at 8:22 pm

A good day for Romney? Is Romney the new McCain? How is the media calling you out for lying a good thing when the media is always pointing out that he is a habitual flip flopper? Oy! this guy is grading on a curve.

November 22, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Tune in to CNN’s GOP debate at 8PM to see Mitt Romney tell more lies, to be entertained by Herman Cain doing his minstrel 999 poetry slam, to observe Mankini Newt get angrier and more abrasive by the minute, to hear Santorum insult gays and single mothers, to partake in Bachman’s “Repeal Obamacare” pre-Thanksgiving prayer, and to witness Ron Paul hypocritically bash “government” while desperately wanting to be IN government.

12. 78 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
    November 22, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I can’t believe there is another 3 ring circus GOP debate on tonite. How much more can the American people take? A debate every week through the primaries will have Americans just wanting PBO to stay in office. INSANITY :shock:

November 22, 2011 at 7:51 pm

I don’t know, Keith…if they all keep this debate appointment once a week for the next????? weeks, they just MAY run out of things to talk about…or they won’t remember the lies they told from the week before, and get all confused about what they REALLY said…you know, LIKE LIARS DO!
      Maybe, Ron Paul can bring the bong, and they can all get high on stage, and regale us on all things anti govt. while stoned. I’d watch that.

• 83 Mel
      November 22, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Great Article by Bob Cesca, Yes people should know about it and why RM. Ed and the others
      are not talking about it.

• November 22, 2011 at 10:10 pm

There were smart democrats on that committee so there was never any chance that the R’s could put anything over on them. The Dems on that committee actually read what they’re supposed to vote on. The R’s obviously don’t or they would have noticed the trap they fell into with the whole sequestration issue.

13. November 22, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Need a smile? An oldie but a goldie:

November 22, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Utah gets sued by the Feds over immigration….what’s wrong with these people? Oh, I know…ignorant R govs….

15. November 22, 2011 at 7:57 pm

16. 96 halo
    November 22, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Who’s ready for the clown show?!

17. 97 EDP4BHO
    November 22, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Am listening to a rebroadcast of Randi Rhodes awho has a caller on lamenting about PBO “brushing” off the police action wherever the hell it is, and he says he voted for PBO, and he’d better get to speaking about the police, and Randi agrees with the caller….that PBO should say something, and that he missed a great opportunity to do so. So apparently they were referring to that speech today in NH and the OWS protestors. Somebody needs to get with these ignoramuses complaining that this was akin to Egypt and Libya. Hell it was. They said they did not want any politics in their effort. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were emulating those countries out of sheer jealousy of the attention they got this past summer. OWS are disgruntled and not necessarily of PBO, and they were just itching for a chance to start shit to try and show him he should not have been President. Randi doesn’t like the fact that the Obama crowd drowned them out, that they felt a “need to protect” the President. She feels the crowd would regret that they did not let OWS speak. Now she’s reading the note. She just said people are not rude; they don’t yell out muslim and such. Where the hell has she been? All her callers are saying PBO should speak out or that the AG should investigate these. Fuck them and her too. Really disappointed in her…..she who not long ago exclaimed she would like to see Al Gore run if anyone would have primaried PBO, even though she said she was not in to changing candidate right now!

• 98 EDP4BHO
      November 22, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Sorry for typos. Hard to type with a work glove on :-D

• 99 Desraye
      November 22, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Yea, the crowd will regret drowning people out that was trying to heckle the President. Randi is pandering to the delusional left.If OWS try this again they will get drowned out again. This does not help their cause’ it just isolate them.

• 100 EDP4BHO
        November 22, 2011 at 8:14 pm

I really like Randi but she has always been a leftie, sometimes infuriating in who her “friends” are…….Weiner, Grayson, etc. But she needs to slow her role right now. Apparently even she doesn’t realize how loyal Obama supporters are. We will fight tooth and nail for him. She’d best get a clue !

• 102 Janelle
      November 22, 2011 at 8:23 pm

I mentioned on a previous thread that my podcast subscription with her has been cancelled as of a few weeks ago. When she had Cenk on, and then said she would like to see Al Gore primary PBO, and then she said she would like to have a show on Current, I knew what was up. Her friends are PL and she gets hammered by OWS hard if she isn’t 100% in with them and she’s been vascillating back and forth for a couple months now. I don’t have the patience for that nonsense. OWS is on a mission for public disruption but will not interfere with the ground game….plus keep in mind the heckling actually brings Independents to the President when they see his calm response. No response from PBO will ever be enough for people. Randi better be careful herself aligning with some of the extreme far left/libertarian/Naderites without figuring out their motivies. They want any radio personality to agree with all of their stances and strategies whether they are helpful or not.

• November 22, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Al Gore primary Pres. Obama? Has she lost her mind?

• 104 EDP4BHO
        November 22, 2011 at 8:34 pm

You just called her out. I’ve listened to her for nearly 7 or 8 years now, and have learned a lot. She does her homework for sure, but no matter who speaks what truth, I always look at who they affiliate with. And she has always been a bit of a radical to me, though not in the nutso sense. Most times she is pragmatic on air, but her leanings have always been for the Moore types. The quest for more eventually gets to anyone at a staid level for too long. Guess she feels it’s her time to go wide. Whatever. She’d just better be careful of us Obamabots. I’m so ready to challenge her right now even.

• November 22, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Regret?! Regret What?! GTFOH!

• November 22, 2011 at 8:37 pm

If I were Pres. Obama I’d call a press conference of all the governors where these things are happening, say a few words and then leave the stage and let them all stand there alone with the media and let THEM answer for what’s going on in their states.

Why isn’t Pres. Obama saying anything? Really? Well, Why isn’t Gov. Jerry brown saying anything? Or Governor Cuomo? Or Any of the governors? Should I call these Governors cowards for standing back and staying silent while Pres.Obama gets all the flack?

• 107 EDP4BHO
        November 22, 2011 at 8:42 pm

I think one caller was almost crying about someone supposedly saying the local officials have to handle these things. I don’t like OWS, I never supported them, and I feel they are part of a sinister plot to dismantle the Obama grassroots organization, by any means necessary. As for what happens to them, for their deviousness, I could give a shit.

• November 22, 2011 at 10:17 pm

So it’s ok for the uninvited Ows group to speak, but the people in the audience who came to hear the president didn’t have the right to speak. Ows has all the rights, the others don’t. That’s some kind of chop logic.

18. November 22, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Tomorrow:

10:30 AM President Obama pardons the National Thanksgiving Turkey (Woot!)

November 22, 2011 at 8:07 pm

This is the closest I’m getting to the crazies debate tonight…

20. 119 Ladyhawke
    November 22, 2011 at 8:08 pm

THINK PROGRESS LIVE BLOGGING OF GOP NATIONAL SECURITY DEBATE

==============================================================

CNN National Security Debate Live-Blog

• November 22, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Excellent, thanks Ladyhawke – loved this updates:

8:15: Gingrich is a big fan of the Heritage Foundation. In 1993, he supported the individual health insurance mandate that the center developed.

8:12: Mitt’s first lie of the debate: claims his first name is Mitt, but his actual first name is Willard.

November 22, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I said the first lie would take 3 minutes to happen..did I win? Can’t count the video montage of the candidates(like we forgot since this morning who they were) and you can’t count the 3 introductions of each one (per TP) by george, I think I must be pretty damn close!

• 123 Ladyhawke
        November 22, 2011 at 8:51 pm

This one is hilarious.

8:43: After the break, candidates will name what they think is the top national security threat to America. Will Bachmann say it’s “Obamacare“?

• 124 Obama Grandmama
        November 23, 2011 at 12:31 am

I thought of his name as not true also and noticed the fact check did not bring that up. Probably too trivial. I wonder if Rev Al will mention it as Al said his name is Willard Mitt Romney just the other day.

21. 125 FiredUpInCA
    November 22, 2011 at 8:11 pm

“Tom LaValley, 23, who described himself as a member of Occupy New Hampshire, told reporters later that about 20 demonstrators had stood in line Monday to obtain tickets. He was complimentary of Obama’s response.

“He looked us in the eye, let us speak,” LaValley said. “He didn’t drag us out, didn’t have security come get us.”

Still, LaValley, who said he voted for Obama in 2008, said he was undecided on how he would vote next year. He said he was too busy to pay attention to the rest of Obama’s speech — eager to get the word out as to what the demonstrators had done.

“I was amped up on Twitter,” he said. “And I got an e-mail from Occupy Wall Street telling me to get video up.”

‘You absolutely must listen to me if you believe in the principles of free speech. I on the other hand don’t have to hear you out because I need to get on Twitter and upload my video of me and how I got on the news today.’

22. 129 halo
    November 22, 2011 at 8:12 pm

NICE JOKE MITT

November 22, 2011 at 8:12 pm

ROFLMAO!!! Herman Cain: “Our national security has indeed been downgraded” WTF?!?!?!?!?

November 22, 2011 at 8:13 pm

As I read over at C&L…Ron Paul is going to bomb with the audience…..poor dear. Not a warmonger….not much of anything, but he’s not a warmonger!

November 22, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Oh dear…Hermie might have some ‘splainin’ to do!

http://crooksandliars.com/kenneth-quinnell/job-creator-herman-cain-and-board 4,000 workers. Poof!

November 22, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Huntsman is simply repeating Obama’s foreign policy.

27. 137 Ladyhawke
    November 22, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Ed Schultz just teased that Steve Benen will be his guest to talk about the Romney dishonest ad.

28. November 22, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Here is an old ad that Andrew Sullivan wrote about in an article titled “How to Beat Romney”

run ads like this one created in 1994

29. November 22, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Is Rick Perry still there?

30. November 22, 2011 at 8:45 pm

If you want to laugh and scream at the same time because of the range in your emotions, watch this from New Hampshire – Oily (Orly) Tates tried to have PBO off the New Hampshire removed from the Presidential ballot next year.

• November 22, 2011 at 10:35 pm

I didn’t get too far in the video. The Bride of Chucky was chatting those poor folks into a coma babbling on and on about duplicate social security cards, private detectives, Homeland Security, and Scotland Yard (?). I couldn’t take it anymore. Orly Taitz is seriously disturbed…

31. November 22, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Romney’s second big mistake of the day – allowed himself to get sucked into debating Huntsman on FP during the debate. Huntsman schooled him pretty much.

Big moment for Huntsman and I bet it will be a talking point from the debate.

32. November 22, 2011 at 8:56 pm

It’s pretty much this all over again:

33. November 22, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Santorum just called Africa a country. Is he Palin in pants?

34. November 22, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Dang.. have I missed the debates again? I missed the last ones too. Don’t get me wrong, I detest these creeps, but I feel obligated to watch / listen to them, to know what lies they’re telling, first hand & not the white wash the media puts on them.

35. November 22, 2011 at 9:00 pm

8:49: Cain reminds the audience that Iran is a very mountainous country, and clearly this impacts our national security. Apparently when he said it before, it was not a gaffe but his actually policy.

36. November 22, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Romney: Obamacare!!

Paul: They’re not cutting anything!!

why is everything always soooooo diehard, so extreme, with Republicans? And why are they “debating” the President?? This is supposed to be them debating each other.

37. 157 halo
    November 22, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Romney not having a good night so far!

• November 22, 2011 at 9:11 pm

He looks frazzled – like he knows Huntsman owned him earlier and is on tilt from it. Remember he got all worked up when Perry confronted him about illegals working as gardeners.

38. November 22, 2011 at 9:04 pm

9.00pm: Hey Paul Wolfowitz has been let out of his lead-lined cell to appear in public once more and ask a question here.

39. 163 halo
    November 22, 2011 at 9:10 pm

RETHUGS: WE WANT TO CUT! EXCEPT DEFENSE!

40. November 22, 2011 at 9:26 pm

:lol:

41. 170 Ladyhawke
    November 22, 2011 at 9:32 pm

From Think Progress Live Blog ……

9:15: Bachmann, who has missed most of her congressional votes while campaigning, claims she was “in the middle” of the super committee fight. Survey says: no.

42. November 22, 2011 at 9:35 pm

“Africa is a country” is trending.

DUH: Herman Cain said ‘insecure” border instead of “unsecure.”

43. 176 halo
    November 22, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Uh oh. Newt for Amnesty. Say goodnight.

44. 179 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    November 22, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Our4thEstate Bobfr
    For anyone interested in cutting the DOD Budget, ALL you need to do is PROTECT PresObama’s VETO, IN 2013 tinyurl.com/7a2n2nt #OBAMA12

#PRESSON

45. 184 halo
    November 22, 2011 at 9:45 pm

They brought out David Addington, Dick Cheney’s COS. Wow.

46. November 22, 2011 at 9:50 pm

9:47: Are there any other neocons who led us into the Iraq disaster that would like to ask a question?

9:44: David Addington — ie, “Cheney’s Cheney” who engaged in various abuses of power — asks the next question.

47. 189 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    November 22, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Our4thEstate Bobfr
    America – As you go to bed tonight you know without ANY DOUBT that Romney is a LIAR. He proved it conclusively tinyurl.com/cm3s2aj

#PRESSON

48. November 22, 2011 at 9:54 pm

9.51pm: Now it’s a question from famous torture-enabler David Addington. Is the Heritage Foundation some sort of retirement home for ageing neo-cons?

Cute. They ask Herman Cain what he thinks about a “no-fly” zone against Syria. And he even answers, saying he’d “talk to our allies in the region”. Sadly, no one asks the obvious question: which allies in particular, Herman? Turkey? Denmark? Madeupistan?

49. November 22, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Richard adams at Guardian asks

“Now it’s a question from famous torture-enabler David Addington. Is the Heritage Foundation some sort of retirement home for ageing neo-cons?”

Why aren’t these mofos in jail yet fro war crimes ?

November 22, 2011 at 9:59 pm

That’s what I want to know! These cretins should be seeing the inside of a jail cell…that is all. Till the day they die.

50. November 22, 2011 at 9:57 pm

On Somalia, Mitt Romney makes a generic attack on Barack Obama based on crappy misquotes. Why do the moderators let him get away with this nonsense? But Mitt doesn’t want to do anything about Syria other than what the Obama administration is already doing, which invalidates his previous line of attack.

51. November 22, 2011 at 10:02 pm

10:01: Top AEI Iran hawk Danielle Pletka, who asked a question of the candidates earlier, is married to former lobbyist and Bush administration official Stephen Rademaker, who was named last month as a Romney campaign adviser.

52. 202 Ladyhawke
    November 22, 2011 at 10:05 pm

The three retired generals that spoke at the National Press Club last night totally and completely eviscerated the GOP presidential candidates on their national security comments. It was a great prelude to the debate tonight. Looking at the Think Progress Live Blog the generals were spot on. What amateurs? As one of the generals said – right now the GOP presidential candidates are observing and criticizing the Commander In Chief – and he hopes it stays that way. Namely that they continue to just be observers.

November 22, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Totally agree. It was a fascinating talk each of them gave yesterday…they HAVE to be shaking their heads and wondering WTF do these guys think they’re doing? WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY over their heads!

• November 22, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Clarke and Danzig are both shortlist candidates for the SecDef gig in early 2013 (assuming Pres. Obama re-election).

53. November 22, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Welp, another GOP debate and just like the others another debate where no one challenges Mitt Romney other than the other Mormon dude who has can’t even crack 5% in any poll.

November 22, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Is the freak…I mean “fun” fest over? didn’t hear much from Michelle on the live blogging…maybe she was busy passing snacks and pouring water and coffee…

55. 209 Lorraine
    November 22, 2011 at 10:08 pm

White House Chef Sam Kass is on Chopped; the food network. He is one of the judges where four school cafeteria chefs are competing for $10,000.00

November 22, 2011 at 10:12 pm

The story of the night is probably Newt Gingrich taking a gamble in advocating “humane” approach to illegal immigration. Perry was sunk by that in September but difference is that Perry characterised Republicans who did not agree with him as heartless. Maybe Gingrich will get away with his brave bout of honesty.

Yes, that might hurt him with conservatives, although he did make it sound so inconsequential that he may be able to explain it away. And there’s the difference between having an idea, as with Gingrich, and having a policy, as Perry had to defend.

Now the Bachmann campaign is accusing Gingrich of “amnesty,” a poison word for conservatives.

And Gingrich may have made it worse by saying in a post-debate chat just now: “There will be millions that will end up staying.” Millions of currently illegal immigrants? That will go down like a bucket of cold sick with many conservatives.

As usual with Newt, if you let him talk for long enough he’ll say something dumb.

From The Guardian

• November 22, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Not to argue with the wonderful Guardian newspaper — one of my daily reads — but what Newt said wasn’t “dumb”. It was both humane and realistic. Of course, those are two qualities which make heads explode among the troglodytes of the GOP primary voters. Really, if you look at the current Democratic Party, it has elements of two parties within it: a liberal / progressive wing, and a center to center-right faction. Split them up and you have a functioning two party system. The GOP base is truly slipping into fascism; all it needs is brown-shirts.

57. 219 Dave
    November 22, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Perhaps the most egegious part of romney’s deception is the President talks about The Economy ALL THE TIME.

The President talks about The Economy ALL THE TIME.
    The President talks about The Economy ALL THE TIME.
    The President talks about The Economy ALL THE TIME.
    The President talks about The Economy ALL THE TIME.

HE NEVER AVOIDS OR EVADES THE BIGGEST ISSUE WE ARE FACING.

November 22, 2011 at 10:33 pm

LOD is going to talk about the OWS hecklers at PBO’s speech in NH. He’s having Eugene Robinson on. I expect to be very frustrated from watching this segment because Robinson is simply going to be rambling on (without saying much), giggling and being a damn “yes man.”

November 22, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Okay, I thought he was going to talk about the hecklers -he’s talking about Mitt Romney’s lying ad.

• November 22, 2011 at 10:53 pm

he talked about the heckling. Eugene said PBO has to try to walk a fine line where he’s not completely endorsing them, but also not alienating them cause he loves young/new voters and is always trying to bring them into the fold like in 2008. OWS needs a quick lesson on civics and common sense. Don’t fricking alienate your ally, dumbasses. Can’t stand ‘em. Who the frick do they think is gonna help them get where they wanna go if they go after PBO? Fricking go after congress and the repugs. Can’t stand stupidity. Wish they’d get themselves together and form a cohesive argument and stick to it. Ridiculous.

November 22, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Mitt will never win the nomination. He says “nuclear” not “nucular.” Never got the word.

November 22, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Nothing really new, but good factual article just the same

61. 231 Lovepolitics2008
    November 22, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Huntsman knows perfectly well how great and competent the Obama administration is. He’s been studying all their work, I’m sure of it.

Oh, and another thing. Huntsman may throw a bone or two to the radical base, but in reality he’s not really talking to them. He’s auditionning for the real power brokers behind the scenes, to convince them to back him instead of Romney.

November 22, 2011 at 11:09 pm

The problem is that Huntsman preaches about Obama not being a good leader YET pretty much endorses his foreign policy. It shows that he doesn’t believe what he is saying.

If he has to debate Obama how is he going to sufficiently differentiate himself from the President, without tacking far right. How is he going to excite the GOP base by essentially echoing Obama’s foreign policy?

• November 22, 2011 at 11:24 pm

He won’t have to tack at all. His whole campaign will be “Hey, I’m Obama, but I’m white!” However I can’t see Romney getting out of his way – rumors have Mitt getting Huckabee’s endorsement as part of his strategy to contend Iowa to go in for the quick kill on the primary season. Romney has a HUGE money advantage and has decided he should use it now and not let anybody stick around. Perry’s donors dried up, Cain and Newt have no ground game to worry about, Bachmann and Santorum are non-entities. Mitt’s earlier strategy was to take his money advantage and prepare for a long drag out campaign with the eventual last Not-Romney left standing, but has switched to try and have the nomination sewn up by February 1st.

• November 22, 2011 at 11:50 pm

Huntsman has even mire money than Romney.
          His daddy has more money than George Romney.

• 235 Obama Grandmama
          November 23, 2011 at 12:54 am

If Huckabee endorses Mitt that could very well explain Mitt’s endorsing the Mississippi personhood vote that failed. Then again Mitt endorses everything whatever anyone wants to hear even if they are opposed to what he has already said.

November 23, 2011 at 7:41 am

Saint Roscoe you just provided a nice campaign slogan to associate with Huntsman…

“Hey I’m Obama – but I’m white! Got a problem with the man’s skin color? No problem, I’ll take care of that!”

• November 22, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Well, he did say he wants only ten thousand troops in afghanistan.
        It was actually Romney who agreed with the presidents plan in Afghanistan! Albeit, he did not give the president credit, he gave the commanders on the ground credit! Huntsman got pawned on that one!
        Just saying!

62. 238 P
    November 22, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Feeling to laugh so I rewatch this….

Those candidates will do great as comedians though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

63. November 22, 2011 at 11:20 pm

MARGARET KROME | local columnist | Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:00 am
    I wasn’t expecting the reception I got on Saturday in the small southwest Wisconsin town near our family’s cabin. I walked both sides of a long residential street, taking petitions door-to-door for people to sign in support of recalling Gov. Scott Walker and Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch.
    In my first three houses, eight people signed. A wife apologized for making me wait, but took the petitions into another room because her husband wanted to sign.
    A grandmother and her daughter stopped cleaning out toys from their house long enough to sign. “Do you know how hard his policies are on us?” the daughter asked. “And he’s tried to do even more damage than he’s done!”
    Four people moving out of a house interrupted their move to sign. “Walker’s policies are costing me $200 a month,” one of them said. “You bet I’ll sign.”
    I had expected a few hostile responses. And about a fifth of the people I asked did decline to sign, though most were cordial. But there were some surprises. The elderly couple with the “We support our troops” sign on their door stopped cutting up their Thanksgiving turkey for a Sunday gathering of the clan to wash their hands and sign. “What he’s done to health care and education is just wrong.”
    Several people expressed concern about the Walker administration’s efforts to stifle voting and fair democratic practice.
    Three hunters turned their truck and trailer around and pulled up to where I stood on the sidewalk. I explained that I was with the Recall Walker campaign. “It’s why we turned around,” the driver said. He had already signed, but his father wanted the chance. First, he checked to see that I had a campaign volunteer badge. “Some people pretending to be with the campaign are destroying petitions,” he said.
    While his father signed, I told him about the woman losing $200 a month. He held up four fingers. “For me, it’s four hundred a month.” He’s a prison guard, and the cut in health care and retirement benefits is hitting his paycheck hard.

• November 22, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Such an encouraging story, made my evening.

• November 22, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Knew you would like it. They have a big rally on Sunday where every mall in the state, volunteers will ask voters for their signature.
        Walker is in trouble this summer.

I can’t wait, could be a big shot un the arm for november, as well!

• November 23, 2011 at 8:46 am

Key will be to then find somebody who can take Walker on. It can’t be a rabid partisan I don’t think, but more a senior political figure who can run on “getting away from the hyper-partisanship and getting Wisconsin working together again”. Somebody who won’t run for re-election, but just serve out the rest of Walkers term.

64. November 22, 2011 at 11:29 pm

By Jim Puzzanghera, Los Angeles Times
    Wed Nov 23 2011 12:00 AM
    The Justice Department is reviewing banks for possible antitrust violations related to their recent efforts to charge debit-card fees.

The department on Tuesday said it was “reviewing the statements and actions by banks and their trade associations regarding possible increases in consumer fees for using debit cards,” Assistant Atty. Gen. Ronald Weich wrote to Rep. Peter Welch (D-Vt.).

“Please be assured that if it finds that individuals, banks or other parties may have violated the antitrust laws, the department will take appropriate action,” Weich said in the letter, which was released by Welch.

After a flurry of bank announcements last month of possible debit-card fees, Welch asked Atty. Gen. Eric H. Holder Jr. to investigate whether banks and trade associations engaged in price signaling or collusion in reaction to new federal limits on the amount that large financial institutions can charge retailers for processing debit-card transactions.

But but but Joe scarbourough said…

November 22, 2011 at 11:38 pm

I think this debit card fee fiasco could signal a big turnaround in this country. Look how the people fought back. Look how many transferred their deposits to local banks and credit unions. And when lawmakers and law enforcers start talking about investigating those same banks, they drop the fees without so much as a peep. Like nobody would notice.

My bank sent me a big old letter saying I’d be charged a monthly fee (even with two direct deposits, etc.). When they decided to cancel it, no letter – just showed up as a plus the next month on my statement. Oops.

I hope they all end up being found in violation of antitrust laws, and pay a big price for it. They’ve lost customers; now, they need to lose bigger profits.

• November 22, 2011 at 11:45 pm

True! Tell OWS what doj is doing to the banks?

• 247 JoJothecat
          November 23, 2011 at 1:30 am

My credit union is getting 100 NEW customers a month. I over heard one of the folks at the credit union talking to someone who was a customer of BofA for 30yrs and recently transferred ALL their accts to the CU.

65. 248 Jenny
    November 22, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Maddow had a great segment tonight on how differently Obama treats OWS demonstrators versus the wingers

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

66. 252 carolyn
    November 22, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Scott Walker seems to have dug his own grave…..those are some responses.

I really don’t see Huntsman ever getting a chance to debate the president next fall……unless, everyone else falls and the Republican kingmakers anoint him at the convention. Romney may have the money, but he doesn’t have the people. But…….he believes money can buy anything, so I’m sure he’s counting on buying the presidency, with the help of the Koch brothers.

• November 23, 2011 at 8:48 am

Just like the oceans, outerspace has been used as an out of sight out of mind dumping ground. Now it’s coming back to bite them in their butts in a big way just like that swirling mass of garbage double the size of Texas in the Pacific…

67. November 23, 2011 at 12:19 am

Somebody had a good idea on Benen’s blog about whichmitt’s breitbart ad. The Obama Campaign should make one with “Williard Mitt is Lying” and have President Obama quoting John McCain” It will be Gold because it will remind people how bad the economy was BACK THEN.

November 23, 2011 at 12:28 am

Trying to copy a tweet (hope it works):

November 23, 2011 at 12:30 am

Excuse the earthy language – ha ha – meant to copy one of her other tweets. I’ve been following Ellen Barkin the actress, who seems to think the way we do about showing respect for our President – she’s IN!

69. November 23, 2011 at 12:31 am

“Feeling the need to laugh . . . so I rewatched this … Those candidates will do great as comedians though” (P’s comment from video upthread)

Hey P, feeling the need to hold onto my sanity, I chose not to watch the GOP debate tonight — not tonight, not ever. However, I did check out “Live-Blogging the Umpteenth GOP Debate: National Security/Foreign Policy Edition” over at angryblacklady.com. If you really want a good laugh, you should check it out.

Here’s just a glimpse of the play-by-play action as blogger Asiangrrrl comments on Michele Bachman’s (“Crazy Lady”) consistent tendency to respond to all questions by referencing the President’s name:

(Bachman’s televised response to every question): “Obaaaaaahma. Obaahhhhhhhma. Obaaaaaaaaahma. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ohhhhhhhhh, ohhhhhhhhhhh!”

(Asiangrrl’s editorial comment to Crazy Lady Bachman):
    “He. is. not. going.to.f*ck.you. Michele.”

Hillarious!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

70. 264 Lovepolitics2008
    November 23, 2011 at 1:17 am

I think Romney was destabilised today by the media going against him about his dishonest ad. CNN in full attack mode against him. It must put him in panic mode.

• 265 Ladyhawke
      November 23, 2011 at 5:39 am

Flip Flopping Liar

Right, Mitt must be feeling like his own dog bit him. I can’t imagine he was expecting the feckless media to go after him this hard. I am absolutely flabbergasted that CNN spent so much time debunking his dishonest ad. If Mitt wanted attention , he got it. But I am wondering if he really thinks it is a good idea now. At this point he will be known as the flip flopping liar.

Isn’t it sad that we have to be so amazed that CNN and other cable networks are actually doing their job? Just reporting the facts should be the norm not the exception.

71. November 23, 2011 at 1:38 am

ABC News’ Devin Dwyer and Michael Falcone report:
    CHICAGO – On a recent Friday afternoon, the 2012-themed ping pong, foosball, and air hockey tables sit idle inside President Obama’s 50,000-square-foot re-election headquarters.
    The staff of 200-plus mostly twenty-somethings are spread across a floor of One Prudential Plaza, huddled around white boards and hunched over rows of sleek new laptops.
    They’re busy making a play for a much more consequential game.
    With the presidential election less than a year away, Obama’s campaign team is orchestrating what it calls the most technologically advanced and strategically focused effort by any candidate for the White House.  And the team is brimming with confidence that it will succeed.
    “I feel really good about all the possible paths to victory,” said campaign manager Jim Messina.
    From the Chicago perch – thought to be the first presidential re-elect run from outside of Washington, D.C. – Obama campaign aides are content with a drawn-out Republican primary, welcoming more time to beef up Obama’s volunteer network and rekindle a sense of urgency on the ground.
    In a dimly-lit corner of the office, a cadre of web designers and computer engineers are quietly putting the finishing touches on the “Obama 2012 Dashboard” – a proprietary social media platform that, they say, will for the first time allow supporters to “join, connect with, and build your neighborhood team online”  when it’s rolled out.
    Across the hall, a department of specialized organizers has set into motion an aggressive micro-targeting effort the campaign has branded as “Operation Vote,” which is aimed at courting relationships with members of key voter constituencies such  as women, Latinos, African-Americans and gays.

72. 268 FiredUpInCA
    November 23, 2011 at 1:44 am

Chalk up another one for the skinny guy with a funny name, without ordering any boots on the ground:

Breakingnews.com:

“Yemeni TV reports President Saleh arrives in Saudi Arabia to sign Gulf-sponsored transition plan – @AlArabiya_Eng

The plan submitted by the six-nation GCC will effectively bring an end to Saleh’s 33-year rule.”

73. 272 SueBee
    November 23, 2011 at 1:46 am

I am still upset about the mic check crap that happened today. President Obama handled it with grace and class, but I can’t help but feel really sad about it. Hopefully I will feel better in the morning..

• 273 theo67
      November 23, 2011 at 4:18 am

SueBee – I’m upset about it, too. And I made the mistake of listening to Randi Rhodes – and I’m pretty sure I’ll be giving her a break for a while. And then I compounded it by watching the debates for the first time – to build up some immunity to nonsense and evil. The whole world is lucky that this man is willing to do another term of service. That’s all I can say.

74. 274 FiredUpInCA
    November 23, 2011 at 2:06 am

I hope this story puts things in perspective:

The mic check wasn’t about President Obama. Nor was it about wealth inequality or the 99%. The mic checks are all about drawing attention to the new less than one percenters. Namely, the less than one percent of the 99 percenters, who have claim to speak for those of us in the 99% who have no idea how tent-dwelling and police clashes will translate into seriously addressing wealth inequality.

When Sen. Harkin’s introduced a proposal for a Wall Street transaction tax recently, I got that. The recent Move Your Money event, that inspired 650,000 people to move their money from banks to credit unions, I get that.

Drum circles, tent-dwelling and mic checks of a guy who championed the most comprehensive financial reform since the Great Depression, I don’t get.

Alienating natural political allies and claiming apolitical status when your stated objectives — moratorium on student loans, mortgage forgiveness and sales taxes on financial transactions — are must be rendered legislatively and therefore politically, I don’t get.

Why pass a note to a politician, when you’re apolitical?

• November 23, 2011 at 2:12 am

I’m sickened about all the energy dedicated to pointing fingers at the wrong targets and to taking action in ways that have nothing to do with outcomes. The focus shifts every other day and today just really made me sick. Reading that guys reaction and his priority need to immediately ignore the speech so he could twitter his moves is the perfect demonstration of what’s wrong about all this. If he’d listened, he would understand who he is going to vote for. But that doesn’t seem to matter.

• 276 SueBee
        November 23, 2011 at 2:18 am

I read his TL on twitter..he is so immature, and all he can talk about is how he made history by interrupting the President. I am so upset about this! I am trying not to be obsessive.

• November 23, 2011 at 2:56 am

I just read his timeline and now I want to barf. What an idiot. He sounds like he’s 12.

• 278 Sankofa
            November 23, 2011 at 11:26 am

I tweeted him several tweets to let him that I personally thought their “stunt” was misguided and “stardom” seeking. If all #ows wants to do is occupy a space over and over, confront the police and maybe, just maybe talk about the actual problem, they are quickly losing me and my support…..sigh

• November 23, 2011 at 7:33 am

Sue Bee, you got it. This guy’s a child, so caught up in his own little starring moment that he completely lost right of the big picture. But if you look at the big picture what he actually did was turn that whole New Hampshire audience from listeners to active allies of the president. Their first thought was to help and support PBO and their cries of Obama, Obama were genuine and spontaneous. Most people watching that moment would think, wow, those New Hampshirites really love him and what jerks those hecklers are. Our president turned what might have been a potentially difficult moment into a thing of beauty. No one, but no one, in a similar circumstance, would have behaved with such grace and class. He showed himself to be without peer.

• November 23, 2011 at 7:49 am

Yes, a Pres.Obama crowd is easier to sympathize with than a Republican crowd.

November 23, 2011 at 7:57 am

It was truly amazing how that NH audience simply doubled down in support of their President. That should send a message to OWS that adopting an anti-Obama strategy does NOT bode well for this movement’s long-term survival.

• November 23, 2011 at 7:47 am

Made history? No history book is going to mention him? LOL…

75. 284 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    November 23, 2011 at 7:03 am

AS USUAL…THE REPUBLICANS ARE EXHIBITING THEIR TRUE CHARACTER..LOWER THAN THEIR SOX! NOTHING BUT A GATHERING OF ‘GREED GAGGLES!’

76. November 23, 2011 at 7:44 am

Joe klein, in this months Time magazine, has an article about Huntsman- begging for Huntsman to win, basically.
    What is with the DC lovefest for Huntsman?

November 23, 2011 at 8:00 am

As I said on Twitter, by endorsing and pushing Huntsman, the MSM and some “progressives” (unwittingly) admit that they LIKE Obama’s policies but hate his color.

• November 23, 2011 at 8:25 am

It’s because he wants to get out of Afghanistan. He says to leave behind 10k special ops in afhanistan!
        That issue, is the only issue he trumps this President on!
        His other policies are all Ryan -esque!
        But, stupid democrats only see that issue and it trumps all others.
        I also think a lot of pumas like huntsman! Klein is a puma!

• November 23, 2011 at 9:21 am

The can like him all they want, but the Republican primary voters would have to get brain transplants en masse before they’d vote for Huntsman. They’ve been seeing him in these “debates” and they don’t like him. If he were foisted on Republicans at the convention, they would be furious. These democrats who toy with Huntsman never were Obama supporters so they are no net loss.

• 289 theo67
          November 23, 2011 at 12:45 pm

I don’t think that wanting to get out of Afghanistan and leave only 10K troops is “trumping” President Obama. Anyone who thinks that President Obama doesn’t want to get out of Afghanistan is kidding themselves. I’m sure he’d pull all troops out of Afghanistan tomorrow if the region was safe and there was no threat of Al Qaeda and Taliban forces overtaking the whole region and beginning to plot terrorist attacks again. He doubled down in Afghanistan because he feels that’s the control center for terrorism. And with the military rule in Pakistan, and the fact that there are nuclear weapons in Pakistan that could fall into the wrong hands, mean that pulling out of Afghanistan can’t just be about making people feel better or for political gain. I’m sure that many people would be screaming from the rafters if he was to just pull out of Afghanistan, and then a horrible event happened. I trust him to get the troops out as smartly and carefully as he’s managed the rest of the military maneuvers that he’s successfully ordered, and he won’t leave them there a minute more than necessary. I haven’t seen anyone who cares as much for these troops and the consequences of his actions, as much as this President. Huntsman can’t hold a candle to him.

• November 23, 2011 at 8:29 am

Good morning all. We see these people for what they are. They are clamoring for Huntsman. They can push him all they want, PBO is going to win reelection, Period!

• November 23, 2011 at 8:10 am

Someone wrote before–Hunstman is Obama but he’s white. But actually he is no Obama and we know it.

77. November 23, 2011 at 8:03 am

Senate Democrats ready to move $400 billion in new legislation
    By Alexander Bolton – 11/23/11 05:15 AM ET
    After failing to reach a deal to reduce the deficit, the Senate will move next month to take up legislation that could add more than $400 billion to the deficit.

All of the proposals, such as the extension of the payroll tax cut and unemployment insurance, are popular but there’s no agreement on how to pay for them.

Senate Democrats will go on offense next week by forcing Republicans to vote on extending and expanding the payroll tax cut, which accounts for $240 billion of the tab, according to Democratic and Republican aides. Lawmakers will take up the legislation after completing work on the Defense authorization bill.

Too bad this stuff is so expensive! My god. And of course, if people ever did get these cut, the republicans would Blame the President!

• November 23, 2011 at 8:58 am

Basically the Dems are trapping the GOP into saying “We can’t afford these, you have to off-set them” so when they keep whining about extending Bush tax cuts or when they try to undo DOD cuts from trigger without paying for it the trap is sprung.

They might try “Great, extend the Bush Tax cuts for all as well” but than they’re standing with millionaires and billionaires, using the middle class and unemployed as leverage to try and get billionaires their tax breaks.

78. November 23, 2011 at 8:20 am

President Barack Obama’s all-star campaign fundraising game picked up some more big name supporters on Tuesday, as NBA legend Magic Johnson and Paul Pierce were added to the roster of participants. Dwight Howard, though, withdrew from the game, which will be held Dec. 12 in the District, and has been replaced by none other than …Wizards restricted free agent and Senegalese center Hamady Ndiaye, according to the Obama campaign Web site.

Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Chris Bosh, Blake Griffin, Amare Stoudemire and Wizards guard John Wall have committed to play and headline the game that will raise money for the Obama Victory Fund, which supports both the president’s 2012 reelection campaign and the Democratic National Committee.

Tickets for the “Obama Classic” range from $100 to $5,000 for courtside seats. A campaign spokesman said Obama’s participation in the event has yet to be determined and the location has not been released.