Dec

more pete souza genius

Members of the audience cheer as President Obama delivers remarks on the American Jobs Act at Manchester Central High School, N.H., Nov. 22

President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden talk with First Lady Michelle Obama in the Oval Office, Nov. 21

President Obama greets people following a ceremony to honor the French and American Alliance, at a World War I Memorial at the Hotel de Ville in Cannes, France, Nov. 4

President Obama says goodbye to students after a visit to the Yeadon Regional Head Start Center in Yeadon, Pa., Nov. 8

President Obama talks with Chief of Staff Bill Daley before the APEC CEO business summit in Honolulu, Hawaii, Saturday, Nov. 12

President Obama has his picture taken with a member of the U.S. Navy on the flight deck of the USS Carl Vinson, Nov. 11

President Obama looks out a window of Air Force One during the flight from Canberra to Darwin, Australia, Nov. 17

Members of the Townson University football team take pictures of President Obama during halftime of the Oregon State vs Towson University basketball game in Towson, Md., Nov. 26

And from Lawrence Jackson:

First Lady Michelle Obama walks with children past the official White House Christmas Tree in the Blue Room, Nov. 30. Mrs. Obama welcomed military families to the White House for for the first viewing of the 2011 holiday decorations.

And here’s Oliver Willis with the Obamas:

146 Responses to “more pete souza genius”

1. 1 Julie
    December 19, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Absolutely fabulous, as always. :)

Julie

2. 3 JoJothecat
    December 19, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Am I First?

• 8 Mel
      December 19, 2011 at 5:51 pm

LL George Bush Targeted NK as the Exis of evil is Mitt going to push to nuk NK before we know
      what is goin to happened LL you realy get a lot of important Inf of wha’s going around the world
      this world is extremely complex I am impress with your intellect.

3. 10 Jessica
    December 19, 2011 at 3:19 pm

“The youth is so disappointed in Obama, they’ll never vote for him in 2012.”

Politico, DKos, HuffPo healine

• 11 ChristiMtl
      December 19, 2011 at 3:24 pm

They look so disappointed……

Quoting the ************ Chris Matthews:

”Obama’s personal touch is gone. You’ll see. I personally think that’s his deficit. His lack of personal rapport and connection and bond with other politicians and the people. He doesn’t have what Jack Kennedy had, what Clinton had — relationships with people in the country.”.

• 12 Jessica
        December 19, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I genuinely feel bad for Chris Matthews that he can’t see what most people see, a caring and genuine individual. It’s like he has a mental block.

• 13 Linda
        December 19, 2011 at 3:47 pm

He doesn’t have what Jack Kennedy had, what Clinton had

Yeah both of them did not have control of their dicks.

Chris is ridiculous. He is going to have his wife on again this year. Sometime this or next week….to discuss the news of the entire year.

Last year he was giddy and stuttering the entire time.

• 14 Bill
          December 19, 2011 at 4:03 pm

I am of the same era as Chris, and he seems to have the same attitude, beliefs, and feelings of the Kennedy presidency as many of us did in the 1960’s. I am embarrassed to listen to him when he is on his JFK soapbox. Times have changed, we know much more, and it is evident JFK does not hold a candle to PBO in many ways. Chris makes a fool of himself when he compares the leadership qualities of the two.

• 16 Cha
          December 19, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Thank Goodness, PObama does NOT have what JFK and Clinton had! The mediocrity of disrespecting their familes. Blind Tweety needs to be inundated with TWEETS.

President Barack Obama is also too unique to even be compared to them and I’m sure more than a few people see that.

• December 19, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Translation: Try as he might, Chris Mathews doesn’t get the attention he so desperately wants from the president. He’d love to be on a friendly basis with PBO and feel that he (Chris) was admired for his insight and brilliance. Because the president can spot a phony ten miles off, hes’ not impressed with CM. Therefore, no one else in the US has rapport and connection with PBO. It’s ego projection pure and simple. For Chris, like Louis IV, the world IS him.

• December 19, 2011 at 3:35 pm

:lol: So true Jessica!

4. December 19, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Let’s listen to PBO work some of his magic during the Osawatomie speech

Spread this link around so folks can listen all the clips I have released to date in bite size pieces.

• 23 nathkatun7
      December 20, 2011 at 1:17 am

What Is Working, Thank you so much for the marvelous work you are doing spreading positive news. I don’t know what is required in terms of copyrights laws, but it would be great if you found away of pulling together your favorite clips on a CD that can be used in group meetings to attract supporters for the President. You see, there are many people who rely on the MSM and never get to hear the President’s words directly without media filters and distortions. I suppose this should be the work of OFA. I intend to make the same request to them. We really must figure out away of bypassing the media filters to spread the President’s message. I truly think that what you are doing with your blog, as well as comments posted on sites like this one, are key to what is required to spread the good news about President Obama.

• December 20, 2011 at 7:47 am

Anything the White House or the U.S. Government is public domain and can be used freely. Other material may be copyrighted, and there is a provision for “fair use” for educational purposes. However, if you are going to use this copyrighted material in public meetings, you may have to get permission from the rights holders to do this. OFA would be able to do this, because they could get permission for this more readily.

5. December 19, 2011 at 3:26 pm

This is what happens when a “President” who doesn’t know the difference between Shi’a and Sunni invades a country with a majority Shi’a population that’s been repressed by the Sunni minority for decades:

An Iraqi judicial committee has issued an arrest warrant for the mainly Shia Arab country’s Sunni Arab Vice-President, Tariq al-Hashemi.

The warrant was issued under anti-terrorism laws, interior ministry spokesman Adel Daham said.

~snip~

The move comes the day after US troops withdrew from the country and two days after the al-Iraqiya parliamentary bloc, which represents most of Iraq’s Sunni Arab community, withdrew from parliament.

Now, the vice-president may have terrorist ties. The evidence hasn’t been put forth. But I think we can expect more of these prosecutions of the Sunni minority now that our misadventure is over.

• December 19, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Fantastic photos Chips. You can tell that the audiences really are not connecting with PBO. :) I love these. I am adding to my scrapbook of course.

• 28 Mel
      December 19, 2011 at 6:08 pm

THe republicans will never understand the world they are so fucking ignorant they think they they
      can accomplish their agenda with their so call superior Morality if they have any fucking morals
      at all. I am no paying attention to the small fucking bull shit of the talking heads on TV if I did
      I will go LOCO I have been aropund the world and lived in differet Continents and I do understand
      coltures. WE were pushe in a War into a country did not kow the difference, yea LL you are soo
      right.

December 19, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Pete Souza does it again. The pictures are wonderful. The Townson basketball team taking pictures of PBO cracks me up. How he manages to go with the flow in this fish bowl continues to amaze me.

7. 31 defytheodds
    December 19, 2011 at 3:34 pm

This is a really good interview from WI.

Thanks Chips; the pictures are just outstanding.

8. December 19, 2011 at 3:35 pm

God, after 8 years of Laura Bush’s pantsuits, Michelle is a breath of fresh fashion air.

• 36 lovingandlaughing
      December 19, 2011 at 3:39 pm

I was just admiring that dark dress with the white pointed collar as she walks with the children to show the decorations in the white house. It looks very Jackie O to me. You are right about laura bush’s boring pant suits! I had not thought about it in that way before, but you are right on target.

• December 19, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Not just pantsuits, but beige ones.

• 38 Mel
      December 19, 2011 at 6:13 pm

She is Lovely, muy hermosa! the best FLOTUS this country ever had intellectually and otherwise
      a perfect FLOTUS.

December 19, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Liberal, I so agree with you, our FLOTUS is one in a million.

9. 40 lovingandlaughing
    December 19, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Love that pic in Cannes. There is so much emotion and love coming from the crowd.

10. December 19, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I am lovin’ that little black dress with the white collar. Spectacular.

Hey, anybody got a link for that fabulous floral she wore in Hawaii during APEC?

11. December 19, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Ok, completely OT, but absolutely kick ass:

So you’ve lost your TV remote control. Again.

Not to worry, says a tiny Israeli start-up company called XTR3D – soon you’ll be able to flick through channels and adjust the volume using only… your hand.

You’ll just have to turn your palm towards the screen, and zap away without ever getting off the couch.

And no need for under-the-skin electronics or fancy microchips.

Instead, the TV – or rather gesture recognition software installed inside – will “read” your moves and execute appropriate commands, without any need for physically pressing any buttons.

Science fiction becomes science fact with increasing alacrity.

12. 60 JoJothecat
    December 19, 2011 at 3:43 pm

The first lady looks goooooooood in red. The last picure, she looks like a teacher in her black and white dress or skirt and top. So glad FLOTUS and the girls are on vacation in HI with hopes and prayers PBO can join them tomorrow.

13. 61 PoliticalJunkessa
    December 19, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Gorgeous pics! Love the pic with FLOTUS playing pied piper to the kiddies in that perfect black dress.

14. 62 AJ
    December 19, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Lovin’ the snow falling in the Hawaii picture… ;)

15. 69 ChristiMtl
    December 19, 2011 at 3:55 pm

On twitter

Mctaguej James McTague

White House mouth-piece Carney is perpetually late, in utter contempt of press corps. Does he think pissing us off helps Obama?

Help me out please

Who’s that idiot?

• December 19, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I think the press corps takes itself too seriously. Asswipes.

• December 19, 2011 at 4:09 pm

They think they are the story. That’s their problem. They are the most important, not reporting the facts. They are simply childish and unprofessional.

• 72 utaustinliberal
          December 19, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Exactly. They come with stupid questions that an elementary school student would be ashamed to ask and whine when Carney points out the foolishness of their questions. Asswipes indeed. :roll:

• 73 nathkatun7
        December 20, 2011 at 1:30 am

That’s exactly the TRUTH!

• 74 Linda
      December 19, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Washington Editor, Barron’s.

Is that Robber Barron’s ?

• 77 Ladyhawke
      December 19, 2011 at 4:06 pm

That’s the problem with the jackals – it’s all about the care and feeding of THEM. And by the way, it doesn’t take Press Secretary jay Carney being late for the jackals to piss all over President Obama. They do it everyday with their snarky gotcha questions that invariably infer some nefarious activity by the White House. Jay Carney has the patience of Job. I don’t know how he stands them.

• December 19, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Yeah, because we all know the press’ time is much more valuable than the President’s or his staff. PLEASE.

• 79 Dakota
      December 19, 2011 at 4:32 pm

What the hell else do they have to do?

• 81 MsKitty (@michelec64)
      December 19, 2011 at 4:39 pm

If his job is to attend White House pressers, then what’s the problem? In the real world people have meetings and briefings rescheduled at the last minute all the time.

Remind me to buy him a binky for Christmas.

• 82 Cha
      December 19, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Why should Carney have anything but CONTEMPT for rwwater jackals!!!!?

“Mouthpiece”? Really? That’s speaks “ASSHOLE” from the very start.

16. 83 defytheodds
    December 19, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Calling themselves the “Obama Family Network”

From the very beginning our movement has been about more than winning an election, it’s been about empowering a new generation of organizers to stand up in their community.

One group in Jacksonville is a standout example of this truly grassroots style of organizing in action.

Calling themselves the Obama Family Network, last Saturday they celebrated three years of working together, organizing together, and making their voices heard for progress…

(From OFA FL)

• 84 donna dem 4 obama
      December 19, 2011 at 4:39 pm

This is so wonderful. OFA’s grassroots efforts are what will make the difference next. OFA FL is a great example of how ordinary people can do extraordinary things. We will prevail because of them and many others working hard at “making their voices heard for progress”.

• 85 Cha
      December 19, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Oh, that does my heart good! Thank you, defytheodds!~

17. 86 Ashley
    December 19, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I have been waiting for these. So glad they are finally up.

18. 87 donna dem 4 obama
    December 19, 2011 at 4:18 pm

I love the picture of President Obama with COS Daley. There is something so genuine about our President that is captured in moments such as this.

19. 88 holymoly
    December 19, 2011 at 4:27 pm

You know I can’t get over how the public react to president Obama ‘that look’ (Young, Old, men,women, child). It’s facinating………maybe I just wasn’t paying attention to previous presidents but I don’t remember the same reaction. I reckon when he is done with politics, the reaction will still be the same.

20. December 19, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Great video

Last Flight Out Of Iraq: ‘It’s Great Being A Part Of History. It’s An Even Better Feeling To Be Going Home’

21. 93 auni
    December 19, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Could we say that the White House press corp babies have an inflated view of themselves? Hmmmm? Mr. Carney mentioned that the President has been in meetings all day and he (Carney) had been in some of them. Can you picture Carney in a meeting with the President and high level officials saying, “Oooh gotta’ run, the press corp is waiting”.

• 94 Cha
      December 19, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Yeah…”lest I be called a “mouthpiece” and said to have contempt for them and is that a very good idea?” “Because you know they think they could actually be worse than they are!!”

That guy needs some reality tweets.

22. 97 Tally
    December 19, 2011 at 4:49 pm

FORFUCKSAKE!

I just got one of those Hillary 2012 robo calls.

Not that Hillary doesn’t have her plate already overflowing, especially now, with North Korea, and lil Uncle Kim, but she should make a statement. But not until they spend a good chunk of their money (stimulating the economy), and getting a ton of bad publicity. THEN she can come out and slam them for being the right wing nutter group they are.

23. 107 Linda
    December 19, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Bank of America stock closed under $5.00 today. That is less than the Debit Card fee they tried to enact. I hope no one here still banks with them….

24. December 19, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I LOVE that photo of Mrs. O and the children in the Blue Room. She’s also a pied piper and it’s like the companion piece to the photo of PBO walking along surrounded by smiling kids.

25. 110 ChristiMtl
    December 19, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Say what???

jaketapper Jake Tapper
    A group of progressive media stars meeting with POTUS at the WH — @AriannaHuff, @WeGotEd, @EzraKlein, @KatrinaNation, @ChrisLHayes et al

Huffington a progressive??

26. December 19, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Jake Tapper just tweeted that the President is meeting a bunch of ‘progressive’ media types at the White House …. including Arianna Huffington. I think I’m going to cry, why would they include that fraud in the meeting, she should be friggin’ shunned.

• December 19, 2011 at 4:58 pm

I just ate lunch and I feel sick. ACK to ALL of them.

• December 19, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Keep your enemies close, and your so-called friends closer.

• 128 MsKitty (@michelec64)
      December 19, 2011 at 5:04 pm

They should all be shunned, and you know the minute they exit the gates they’ll be talking all sorts of trash about PBO. I know it’s just the President being his usual classy and polite self, but it’s a shame it’s wasted on such unworthy cretins. No one can ever say his mama and tutu didn’t raise him right.

• 129 Bill
      December 19, 2011 at 5:06 pm

With the total decline of HP into nothingness thank you from the bottom of my heart for TOD.

• December 19, 2011 at 5:17 pm

HUffNPuff got an invite?! Fucking sucks! Maaaan!!! Who decided it was a good idea to invite that mucking bitch?! Gaaaaarrrr! Feel like pulling out my hair.

• December 19, 2011 at 5:20 pm

My reaction too Lisa, almost spewed.

• 132 nathkatun7
          December 20, 2011 at 2:26 am

You are not alone Lisa and Chipsticks! I really feel sick, especially about the right wing Republican, “HuffNpuff”, pretending to be a progressive. Clearly, “HuffNpuff” seems to be on a mission to ensure that President Obama is not re-elected. I detest her more than I detest right wing Bill O’Reiley! This really sucks! Who the hell came out with these invites? Has any one been paying attention to these people at the WH? While I can stomach some of the others on the list, I just can’t stomach Arianna Huffington! But then again, I realize that President Obama is the President of all Americans, including those that suck. What we need to say loudly and clearly, to the WH and the media, is that the people invited do not represent the vast majority of grass roots, pragmatic Democrats who unequivocally support the President. Rather, they represent a tiny purity progressive/Libertarian faction that has been undermining the President from day one. The WH is mistaken if they think they can win them, and their tiny emoprogs/frustrati supporters, over.

27. 133 Linda
    December 19, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Hey… Howard Fineman is ” talking to his people in Iowa ” You know…his ” Souces “

28. December 19, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Hi everyone, new post here:

Don’t know how I missed this video, it’s been on YouTube for almost two days :oops:

29. December 19, 2011 at 5:18 pm

So is there a website for the different smiley faces? The only one I know how to do is with the colon and parenthesis. I need to step it up! :)

30. December 19, 2011 at 5:20 pm

New ABC/WaPO poll out with really good numbers for the Pres. Chips you probably want to front page this! His approval is up to 49%!

• December 19, 2011 at 5:25 pm

This:

Obama’s rating, while still (barely) under 50 percent, is up from his career-low 42 percent in October, and back at the level at which he could run competitively for a second term. George W. Bush had 47 percent approval as close as three months before he won re-election in 2004.

And this:

As things stand, Obama’s regained a substantial (now 15-point) advantage over the Republicans in Congress in trust to protect the middle class, 50-35 percent, after seeing his edge on the issue shrink to 4 points last month. He’s also moved ahead in trust to handle taxes, 46-41 percent, after trailing in October; and runs about evenly in trust to handle the economy and job creation.

Indies are still wishy-washy, but starting to wake up.

• 142 halo
        December 19, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Indies are fucking idiots. Sorry. THey’re the reason we have this dysfunction right now. They only have themselves to blame.

31. 143 Linda
    December 19, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Turley and Watts on Hardball.

A Libertarian and a AA Republican.

32. 146 vitaminlover
    December 19, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I just cannot get enough of the Obamas. Please keep the great pictures coming.