Dec

catching up

TPM: While Republican leaders gathered in Speaker John Boehner’s Capitol office Wednesday morning for a photo op with reporters – hectoring Democrats and making the case that they’re on the right side of the payroll tax fight – an unusual scene played out on the House floor.

In an attempt to illustrate just who’s at fault for the payroll tax stalemate Minority Whip Steny Hoyer showed up to ask for a vote on the Senate’s compromise bill. Republicans could have simply objected and given Hoyer his talking point. Instead they gave him so much more.

Republicans just ignored Hoyer and refused to hear his unanimous consent request. The fill-in Speaker simply walked away.

More here

Greg Sargent: In a speech late yesterday, Mitt Romney accused President Obama of trying to use government to “create equal outcomes.” Romney argued that Obama wants to create an “entitlement society,” in which “everyone receives the same or similar rewards, regardless of education, effort, and willingness to take risk.” He made a concerted case that under Obama’s ideal vision, everyone will “get the same rewards.”

This is a Big Lie – it has nothing whatsoever to do with anything Obama has ever said, proposed or accomplished. And many liberal writers have noted today that this is Glenn Beck-level craziness, suggesting that Romney is willing to say and do anything to win.

Full post here

CNN: Most Americans agree with the decision to end the war in Iraq, according to a CNN/ORC International poll released Wednesday. Almost eight in ten said they support removal of combat troops from that country by the end of this year.

…. President Obama announced the full withdrawal of troops from Iraq by the year’s end in October. Now, two-thirds say they oppose the war and more think the U.S. made a mistake sending troops to Iraq in the first place 53% to 46% over those who do not think it was a mistake.

More here

Steve Benen: It’s not uncommon for the Obama administration to do something worthwhile. Once in a while, though, the administration does something very worthwhile that will have a major impact on society.

Dave Roberts (‘New EPA mercury rules are a bona fide Big Deal’) has a helpful piece today on the EPA’s new national standards for mercury pollution from coal- and oil-fired power plants – the first of their kind – which he described as “a Big Deal” and an instance in which “history is being made.”

….. When we talk about separates a Democratic administration from a Republican one, there are no greater reminders about the differences than measures like these.

If recent history is any guide, this encouraging news won’t get quite as much attention as it deserves, and that’s a shame. Obama’s critics on the left expect developments like these, and don’t make a fuss to congratulate the administration for progress they’d like to be routine….

More here

Friend -

You may know me as the tall guy who followed Barack everywhere he went.

As the President’s body man for the last four years, it’s been my privilege to help him with whatever he needs: making sure he’s on time, finding some food when we’re on the road, or playing a quick game of basketball (he won, mostly).

Of course, this also means I’ve also eaten many, many meals with him.

So first of all, I just want to say thanks for supporting the Obamas and being part of this campaign. It means a lot, not only to the President, but to all of us who’ve worked by his side.

Two: I kind of love this “Dinner with Barack and Michelle” contest. You all have to do this.

Get on that here.

You should know this practically never happens.

While Barack wants to do these dinners throughout his campaign, I know that dinner with Barack and Michelle is something that usually only happens with the girls, and no one else.

The fact that this dinner is with the two of them should tell you how much it matters to them to know that you have their backs out there.

I wouldn’t let this one get away.

Donate $5 or whatever you can today to automatically be entered to win a spot at dinner for you and a guest.

Thanks,

Reggie Love

109 Responses to “catching up”

1. 6 lovingandlaughing
    December 21, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Second?

2. 8 Roberta in MN
    December 21, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Am I First?

3. 9 Roberta in MN
    December 21, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Sorry Chips, just a typo error in the email address. Seems I am doing a lot of that today. Darn. Wasn’t first anyway. :)

4. December 21, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Merry Christmas Everyone….am I first?

5. 13 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    December 21, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Our4thEstate Bobfr
    Repeat: Yo #Emoprogs (aka #ClosetGOP) #Countdown Holder: Obama Will Issue Signing Statement With NDAA Detention Rules tinyurl.com/75abez7

#YesWeCanDOMoreTogether – We Must! #OutPerform1936

6. December 21, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Screw Matt Damon. I’m with Eva Longoria!

In 2008, like so many of you, I dedicated a lot of my time to help Barack Obama win the presidency.

Now, with 2012 around the corner, I wanted to get ready for the next election by sitting down for an intimate conversation with supporters like you to talk politics and the role we’ll play to win the 2012 election.

If you want to join me, along with DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, donate $20 or whatever you can to President Obama’s campaign today, and you’ll be automatically entered for the chance to be one of five supporters to take part in this face-to-face conversation about next year’s election.

I can’t wait to meet some of you. I hope you’ll bring your ideas for 2012 and share what matters most to you — whether it has to do with health care, immigration, education, or jobs.

Donate today to be automatically entered to join in the conversation:

Looking forward to it,

Eva

• December 21, 2011 at 9:19 pm

I wouldn’t mind being with Eva, if Michelle isn’t available.

• 23 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
      December 21, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Agree, LL.

Our4thEstate Bobfr
      Hey @realmattdamon_ ‘Bagger Vance had the balls. Still does.’ http://t.co/pdqj7ZUp #OBAMA2012 #VOTE #YesWeCanDOMoreTogether #OutPerform1936

#PRESSON

• December 21, 2011 at 9:40 pm

@matt Damon: who cares of what u think of PBO: I am sure OBL and Friends, Ghaddafi, are watching your movies.#

• December 21, 2011 at 9:47 pm

that was a good one by Hoos Left. I especially liked the last sentance – quick wit!

• 31 ChristiMtl
        December 21, 2011 at 10:30 pm

It was very frustrating to find out that this moron didn’t have a twitter account….

I just found this about the subject:

Matt Damon is terrified of Twitter.

The “Bourne Ultimatum” actor is scared to join the social networking website in case he is swamped by strange messages from obsessed fans.

He said: “I’m actually so busy. I’m out of touch with a lot of people that I want to be in touch with, but I’m afraid to go on one of those networks.

• December 21, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Eva is the real deal. She’s a FIERCE supporter of PBO.

• December 21, 2011 at 9:30 pm

damon is whining again ?

• 35 Cha
      December 21, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Yes, Eva Longoria is an excellent representative of those who can actually think about what has been accomplished and what will get done when PObama wins in 2012. Thank you LL!

I know George Clooney is “disillusioned” with Matt Damon..he said he was..with all those who were “disillusioned with the President”.

December 21, 2011 at 11:26 pm

George Clooney is better than Matt Damon. In all ways.

December 22, 2011 at 4:45 am

What was Matt’s friend name? The one who was engaged to Jennifer Lopez. Ben was his first name, but I always like him better that Mitt, I mean Matt, for what ever reason. Now I know why. Someone need to tell Matt to grow some balls and act like someone with some dam sense. Tell him to go work on those sorry movies he has been putting out lately. Of course I have never seen one of his movies, I never care for him any way. Give me the real actors like Denzel Washington and George Clooney.

• 38 AnitaW
      December 22, 2011 at 1:08 am

Wow. Eva is clearly all-in. I love this.

7. 39 Pamela
    December 21, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Yay! 16th! I am 16th! WooHoo!

• 41 Cha
        December 21, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Thank you, Chips, exponentially for all your “Catch UP”s!~ I saw that CBS vid of PBO shopping at BB, Pet Store, and the Pizza Encounters earlier and felt like I had been out shopping with the President. It was just all so heartwarming.

I was asked to give you regards from babylonsister on BOG3 so this looks like a good opportunity. I had relayed what you said about your admiration for all those PObama supporters who stayed on there.

Anyway.. HI!

• 42 maritza
      December 21, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Sorry Pamela, let’s see if Chips can work on you being 16th. I wont mind, we are all in it together for the BIG win of “That One”!

• 43 Pamela
        December 21, 2011 at 10:17 pm

No worries, maritza, I was just having fun! I well remember my first first, years ago now, on another blog, it was really just such elation! So, I was being silly when I said 16th, as it really doesn’t matter, I just love being on board with all these lovely folks here! I came over to TOD when BWD had to close down her blog, and love it here just as much. Really love seeing the comments from BWD when she has time! And Chipsticks, you are so very wonderful, thank you for all your bring to us, it fills in the days and keeps us powered up!

• 44 maritza
          December 21, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Pamela, I love BWD; she is such a fighter and hope that she comes back. Chips I don’t know, she keeps me here when I am supposed to be in bed with the old man and two dogs.

• 45 Pamela
            December 21, 2011 at 10:43 pm

I know, same wth my cat, she will just go in and wait for me with a look that says, Hey, What About Me? But I am pretty sure it is not Chips fault, it is entirely my own doing! If not for Chips, well, that thought does not go anywhere! We are all better people for having blogs like this one Chipsticks so lovingly proviesd for us!

• 46 nathkatun7
            December 22, 2011 at 3:16 am

I love both BWD and Chipsticks! They are both smart and fearless! They also know a good man when they see him. As a very strong supporter of President Obama, I feel blessed to have found their blogs, as well as the other excellent blogs, like TPV and POU. It’s also so rewarding to see familiar people posting comments on all these wonderful sites.

• December 22, 2011 at 10:04 am

:lol: maritza, please send my apologies to the old man and the dogs!!!! :lol:

8. 54 Ladyhawke
    December 21, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Stephanie Cutter is fierce. Love that woman.

9. December 21, 2011 at 9:36 pm

#While Boehner waits 4 PBO’s call..PBO goes xmas shopping..lol & connects w/real folks Love it!! Thx 4 this treasure TOD# http://theobamadiary.com/2011/12/21/christmas-shopping-updating/#

#From Jan-June 2010 Spkr.Pelosi was able 2 pass 466 Bills. Frm Jan-Jun2011 Spkr.Boehner passed 166 bills .Now that’s something 2 cry about

Happy Holidays Everyone…………….BIG THANKS TO CHIPS:-)

• December 21, 2011 at 10:00 pm

If Paul can’t take a little heat in an interview, he is unqualified to be president or any other office of major responsibility. Every single one of the R candidates can dish it, but can’t take it. Losers, one and all.

10. 59 Dave
    December 21, 2011 at 9:37 pm

This is a re-post from the last thread. I’m sorry! I wouldn’t normally do this but I’M STILL PISSED ABOUT IT!!!

I’m an NPR junkie but I was APALLED when one of their astute-sounding correspondents LED OFF a report on the payroll tax cut brinkmanship by saying (paraphrasing): “The House republicans are resisting the two month payroll tax holiday extension becuase they want to extend it for a year.” WHAT KIND OF FALSE CRAP IS THAT?? The President and the democrats tried and tried and TRIED to get a one year extension and could not get the remaggotians to do agree to anything reasonable. Really pisses me off to hear what is usually fairly competent reporting get SO FUXCKING TWISTED. (I didn’t say the f-word!)

• December 21, 2011 at 10:01 pm

What is her name? Can you email or twit her?

December 21, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Yes, the media needs to be called out on their blatant dishonesty, protecting the Republicans’ dirty tricks and deliberately omitting key information from the report. Is there contact information for NPR – either on Twitter or telephone/email? I think they should be contacted and held accountable for this DISHONESTY.

• December 21, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Best to call or send an e-mail saying you don’t appreciate hearing lies on NPR. Tell them anyone who spent more than 30 seconds on payroll tax cut issue knows that the president and Democrats have always asked for a year. NPR needs to know that their audience is on to them.

• 65 conlakappa
      December 21, 2011 at 11:16 pm

It must be making the rounds. I heard it as well but on the NBC affiliate I think as the teaser to the 4:00 news.

• 66 CaliCat
      December 22, 2011 at 12:24 am

I’m not sure what the deal is with NPR but my theory is that they’re so terrified of being dubbed “the liberal media” they automatically provide cover for the Republican Party to prove they’re “balanced”. I find this practice cowardly and sickening. The Bush Administration put the fear of GOP into NPR and they’ve never recovered. Maybe they’re afraid of losing certain funding…who knows? I gave up on them several years ago because they refuse to practice real journalism.

11. 69 Ben
    December 21, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Hi Chipsticks,
    There seems to be a problem with the “Dinner with Barack and Michelle” contest link. It is redirecting me to contribute as “The Obama Diary” with probably what is your office contact information.

I think you might have to fix the link unless I have it wrong.

• December 22, 2011 at 11:59 am

Hi Ben, thanks so much for letting me know about that. I mentioned before that very strange things happen when I click on those links in the OFA emails I receive – someone else’s name and address always shows up. I’ve been about five different people so far – usually ‘Barb’! – but none of them is me, including last night’s name. It’s mystifying, but I never got a reply from OFA when I contacted them about it, and it’s still happening. Weird. Thanks again Ben.

12. 72 FiredUpInCA
    December 21, 2011 at 9:54 pm

“Nobody messes with Joe.”

President Barack Obama at the “State of the Union” Feb. 24, 2009.

Somehow this truth has not reached Mitt Romney, who said:

“If Vice President Biden is to be believed, both he and President Obama think the Taliban ‘is not our enemy.’ This statement is bizarre, factually wrong, and an outrageous affront to our troops carrying out the fight in Afghanistan,” Romney said in a Tuesday statement.

“The Taliban seeks to reinstate a tyrannical government that violently rejects basic notions of human rights and oppresses minorities,” he added. “The Taliban is clearly a bitter enemy of the United States. Vice President Biden’s statement to the contrary calls into question the White House’s leadership in Afghanistan – or lack of it.”

Joe then took Willard to school:

“The Vice President was not wrong to say that ‘the Taliban, per se, is not our enemy,” a Biden spokesperson said in a statement. “He was restating what has long been the Administration’s core goal to disrupt, dismantle and defeat al Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Politicians who criticize his remarks are either ignorant of why we are fighting in Afghanistan, or playing politics with issues of war and peace. Either way they are profoundly wrong.”

Mitt… do you realize that Vice President Biden permanently ended not just Rudolph Giuliani’s presidential hopes but any political aspirations he may ever have by permanently defining him as Mr. “noun, a verb and 9/11.”

Willard, do you seriously want to mess with Joe?

13. 74 Renegade522/AuntSis
    December 21, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Just got around to watching the videos of the President doing some shopping today. Is it me or does he have extremely beautiful hands.

I hear Boehner is having a conference tomorrow. Hope all is resolved and the president can leave for a well deserved vacation in Hawaii with his family.

• 75 Pamela
      December 21, 2011 at 10:24 pm

He does have extremely beautiful hands. Hands that work hard, and are not afraid to work. Hands that love to touch people, hands that people what to touch, in this touch starved country of ours! I really loved that photo last week of the Army Navy game, when the student took off his glove to reach further down, and PBO shook hands with the glove. That was a momentous gesture. He is so unafraid of people, his heart is so loving!

• 76 collegekay
      December 21, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Yep his hands are very soft too. I know from experience :D

• 77 DreamChaser57
        December 21, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Yes, I second that statement, his hands are oh so soft and supple. My goodness, what does the man use Eucerin! Out of respect for FLOTUS and POTUS’ integrity – I just want to say I merely shook his hand briefly as a Senator and stared into his dreamy eyes, he spoke some words that I did not understand, it was like he was one of the parents in the Charlie Brown cartoon……..whew!

14. December 21, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Just to be a little more serious for a moment (just referring to myself, not others) the quote from Dave Roberts bears repeating: “Obama’s critics on the left expect developments like these, and don’t make a fuss to congratulate the administration for progress they’d like to be routine” It says all there is to say about those on the Left that are Obama bashers.
    When something is done that is a positive (and as Benen says, that is fairly frequent) they keep quiet because, after all, that is what he is supposed to be doing. But when he doesn’t do what they want, tough beans, and the wailing begins.
    This is wht th administration was talking about whn they first coined the term “Professional Left.” They even made it clear that they don’t mind criticism, but blind criticism without any acknowledgement of what has occured, is the real issue. Because if they only bluster about the negatives, then they are promoting the lies of the right that Obama has accomplished nothing. The adminsitration can trumpet all it wants about the positives, but if it isn’t carried out to the world by others, that trumpeting ends up sounding like it is just “blowing its own horn” which people turn away form.

• 79 Cha
      December 21, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Dave Roberts sounds like he knows exactly what he’s talking about, japa21. I missed where it came from and wondering if you have a link? This is what I and others have been saying for a long time about the Profiteering(my term) “left”.

They couldn’t be any sleazier. They’re bringing this country down with their LIES just like the rw.

• December 21, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Poutrage is an official word now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutrage You’ll see some folks we all love on that list of articles that use the word.

• 81 L3
      December 21, 2011 at 10:31 pm

You’re right. I made a similar comment a few days ago when the issue of whitehouse messsaging was being discussed. I believe the frustration is more about realizing that the right has what we don’t people in radio/tv/print/blogs to amplify their message. The PL is so clueless that they only amplify what they perceive to be the negative and all you hear are crickets when it comes to amplifying the positive. Add that to our feckless media and that is what makes some people here believe it’s whitehouse messaging when in reality it’s the failure of the left in all its forms to amplify and repeat PBO’s message.

• 82 FiredUpInCA
      December 21, 2011 at 10:35 pm

“Obama’s critics on the left expect developments like these, and don’t make a fuss to congratulate the administration for progress they’d like to be routine.”

I am sure Dave Roberts means well but this is not an accurate description of the behavior of the professional left. They heaped constant positive reinforcement on their heroes like Alan Grayson and Anthony Weiner. Dennis Kucinich has been in office for decades and has little signature legislative achievement to show for it yet he receives disproportionate adulation and support.

In a mere three years, the current President has passed historic financial reform, healthcare reform and civil rights reform such as ending Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell and hate crime legislation. I have seen all of these — including passage of hate crime legislation — derided by DKos-flavored professional lefties.

So I don’t buy the idea that if they don’t say anything that’s because the President is meeting their expectations.

When you consider the fact no less than the Liberal Lion, Ted Kennedy, supported Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell — because it represented progress at the time — yet he was never heckled at fundraiser or called homophobic as this President was, I am not willing to accept that the current incarnation of the Professional Left is being silently supportive when they’re being silent.

I’ve seen the way they treat the fawn over their non-achieving allies like Dennis Kucinich and then give credit to everybody except President Obama for achievements like ending Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell or creating the Consumer Protection agency.

“We would not have a consumer agency if not for President Obama.” Elizabeth went on to explain, “I want to be clear, the reason I cannot run this agency is because of those people (the Republicans).”

Even with an explicit statement like that, the PL still wouldn’t give it up for this President. There’s a derangement among the PL that I’ve just come to accept. I’m not giving them the benefit of the doubt, because they’ve burned that all up with their two sets of behavior, one set for their far less achieving heroes and one set for President Obama.

• 83 CaliCat
        December 22, 2011 at 12:54 am

Excellent points! This sounds like more of that “clap louder” garbage they constantly spew. As we all have come to understand, the PL doesn’t give this president credit EVER for ANYTHING because they hate his guts. They’re jealous because no one is their PL midst could ever match his brilliance and they know it. The PL are a contingent of mal-contented, petulant fools. Thankfully, their 15 minutes are just about up.

• December 22, 2011 at 10:38 am

CALLING IT AS I SEE IT…..

THE SO-CALLED PROFESSIONAL LEFT CAN NOT SUPPORT THE PRESIDENT BECAUSE OF….R-A-C-I-S-M……..PLAIN AND SIMPLE…AND ALL THE MUMBO JUMBO JARGON CANNOT MASK IT….

BUT AS THE PRESIDENT SAYS,,,,

I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF….I HAVE TO PRESSSSSSSSS ON….AND SO WE SHALL…

• 85 nathkatun7
      December 22, 2011 at 3:53 am

That’s absolutely the TRUTH! The so called left – that is the people who constantly bash President Obama calling him a “caver” weak, and betrayer of Progressive values – demand that the President do everything they want, regardless of political and institutional constraints. No other President in history has been subjected to this 100% expectation of success by his supposed supporters. And Include: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, Franklin D. Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon B. Johnson and the only great conservative hero, Ronald Reagan. What is so striking about President Obama is that despite all criticism and demonization he receives, from both the left and the right, he keeps pressing on to ensure that he keeps faith with his promises to make the lives of the American people better.

• 86 cuphalffull
      December 22, 2011 at 7:45 am

Makes me think once again of a “style” of problem solving termed “appreciative inquiry” on Case Western Reserve Univ. website. The core of this notion is that beginning problem solving with an emphasis on what the group has already been able to accomplish is a very powerful approach. I think it has everything to do with empowerment (kind of like “Whatisworking”, right). The “critics” that are referred to in the Roberts article are violating empowerment all of the time, not to mention respect, and inclusion.

15. 87 Cha
    December 21, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Thanks for all the interesting links to keep us well informed, TODS! Here’s an excellent piece from Linda Carbonell on Bradley Manning that was cross-posted on AngryBlackLady by Allan.

“Dan Choi has lost it and Dan Ellsberg’s not far behind.”

As usual, I’m watching Countdown while I work. I just listened to Lt. Dan Choi calling Bradley Manning “an excellent soldier.” If Lt. Choi’s appraisal is indicative of what his supporters know about Manning, they are fools.

An excellent soldier does not get charged with assaulting other soldiers. An excellent soldier does not have the firing pins removed from his weapons because he is too unstable to be trusted with a working weapon. An excellent soldier does not provide the enemy with information that they can use to incite attacks on other soldiers. An excellent soldier is not deemed unfit for combat because he is too uncontrollable. .

• 89 maritza
      December 21, 2011 at 10:20 pm

amk for obama, we can file that one under comedy. I am 1/2-1/3 Mayan but will see you tomorrow if we do not have a storm in NJ.

16. December 21, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Thursday Dec. 22, 2011
    10:15 AM
    Obama receives the presidential daily briefing.
    12:15 PM
    President gives press briefing
    1:30 PM
    Carney briefs the press.
    1:45 PM
    Obama meets with senior advisers.

17. December 21, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Here’s an idea. It sometimes helps to forward stories to your local newspaper because reporters on local rags don’t always keep up with what’s happening. The mercury issue is easily something that local people might miss and since it affects everyone, it’s worth a shot to forward it on. If you’re very polite about it and ask if they’ve seen the link you send, you might pique some interest. If it doesn’t get covered, write an LTE.

18. 93 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    December 21, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Heads-up

President Obama will speak on the tax-cut, unemployment insurance, medicare funding Boehner-TeaParty-caused crisis tomorrow:

Time not yet available.

#YesWeCanDOMoreTogether – We Must! #OutPerform1936

19. December 21, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I think PBO told the progressives which was invited for coffee at the WH to concentrate more on his accomplishments. Rachel does it more than others. Tonight she concentrated on an infracstructure story which happened in July. There is a lot of catching up to do but better late than never.

December 21, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Aw…Ubisoft is grateful!

21. December 21, 2011 at 10:42 pm

Hi everyone, that Romney video nintendowii10 shared with us deserves a post of its own – here you go:

22. 106 rikyrah
    December 21, 2011 at 10:44 pm

GOP Playing into Obama’s Hands
    by BooMan
    Wed Dec 21st, 2011 at 09:30:49 PM EST

The president went shopping at PetSmart today with his dog. He got him a chew toy. He didn’t get one for himself because John Boehner is already serving that purpose. The administration is putting Boehner through the wood-chipper.
    Here’s the goal.

1. Make it clear to as many people as possible that the Republicans are so radical that they can’t govern their own caucus, let alone the country.
    2. Destroy the Republicans strongest and only remaining brand advantage: tax cuts.
    3. Split the Republicans into factions so that Mitt Romney doesn’t know how to answer simple questions about where he stands because there is no longer one talking point he can rely on.

23. December 21, 2011 at 10:57 pm

I was thinking the same thoughts COS. Hopefully they all will see the need to inform their audiences with the facts about POB and keep the opinions presented with respect to President Obama.

Thanks again for all that you do for us Chipsticks. I love you for making our beautiful haven a joy for us. So please have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy your time with friends and family.

I hope that Fred is doing well. I was silent for a couple of days, so I hope that I did not miss anything, but just was thinking about Fred.

Everyone, please have a lovely and restful evening. I am going to say good night early. I love you all so very much.HZ

24. 108 DreamChaser57
    December 21, 2011 at 11:50 pm

LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. 109 DreamChaser57
    December 22, 2011 at 12:01 am

On a more serious note, check out this CNN Breaking News Alert:
    Bank of America will pay $335 million to settle federal claims that its Countrywide unit discriminated against minority borrowers, Justice Department officials announced.

Attorney General Eric Holder said a federal probe found discrimination against 200,000 qualified African-American and Hispanic borrowers from 2004 to 2008 during the height of the housing market boom. He said minority borrowers who qualified for prime loans were steered into higher interest rate subprime loans.

Bank of America purchased Countrywide in 2008 for $4 billion in a deal that made the bank the nation’s leading mortgage lender at the time. The deal closed in July 2008 ahead of the meltdown in financial markets that fall.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The world is not always level or fair. Romney lives in a bubble, a land of fanciful whimsy. At the height of the housing boom, buyers of color were turned away. Racism is real and it has a tangible impact with grave consequences in the lives of people everyday. The ill informed and inartfully stated comment by Mr. Romeny’s goes to show you that he is all about inciting an emotional response. I commend the Attorney General’s office for aggressively pursuing this case, at the outset Mr. Holder said the office will be committed to bringing criminals to justice wherever they may be including in a corporate boardroom.