Feb

mr happy guy …. and the severely magnificent first lady

….. As the First Lady put it, she’s “Eeyore,” and he’s “Mr. Happy Guy, seeing the glass half full.” “I’m like regular people. It’s like – we’re losing! The sky is falling! Oh no!” she said. “And he’s like, just calm down.”

First lady Michelle Obama reaches for a hand as she arrives for physical activity with kids at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at the Walt Disney World Resort, Orlando, Florida, Feb. 11

AP: Add another dance move to Michelle Obama’s repertoire. This one has to do with a certain celebrity platypus. The first lady gave “the platypus walk” a try on Saturday during a visit to Disney World’s ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.

The dance was inspired by Disney’s “Phineas and Ferb” show, whose characters include Perry the Platypus. It required some flapping of flippers, or arms if you’re human, shuffling left and right and yanking limbs up and down, all to a pulsing rock beat.

Mrs. Obama did the dance at an event marking the second anniversary of her “Let’s Move” campaign against childhood obesity.

…. with Perry the Platypus from the children’s TV show “Phineas and Ferb”

…. with tennis player James Blake

Standing behind is Paralympian April Holmes

247 Responses to “mr happy guy …. and the severely magnificent first lady”

1. 3 ScottyUrb
    February 11, 2012 at 3:39 pm

This deserves a caption. What do you think he’s telling her?

“Did you hear the one about Rick Santorum?”

2. 17 AJ
    February 11, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Third! ;)

btw, LOL, ScottyUrb :)

3. 18 vitaminlover
    February 11, 2012 at 3:44 pm

That photo is sooooo sesssssy!

4. 21 Ladyhawke
    February 11, 2012 at 3:49 pm

In 400+ Days The GOP Has Created 0 And Tried To Kill 7.4 Million Jobs

=============

In the over 400 days since Republicans took control of the House, the GOP hasn’t passed a single job creation bill, but has passed bills that would kill 7.4 million jobs.

House Democrats has proposed 31 different bills to create jobs since Republicans have taken over, and all of them have been defeated.

Here is a partial list of some of the job creation bills that the GOP has said no to (via: Democratic Leader Pelosi):

=============

5. February 11, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Riding a wave of momentum from his trio of victories on Tuesday Rick Santorum has opened up a wide lead in PPP’s newest national poll. He’s at 38% to 23% for Mitt Romney, 17% for Newt Gingrich, and 13% for Ron Paul.
    Part of the reason for Santorum’s surge is his own high level of popularity. 64% of voters see him favorably to only 22% with a negative one. But the other, and maybe more important, reason is that Republicans are significantly souring on both Romney and Gingrich. Romney’s favorability is barely above water at 44/43, representing a 23 point net decline from our December national poll when he was +24 (55/31). Gingrich has fallen even further. A 44% plurality of GOP voters now hold a negative opinion of him to only 42% with a positive one. That’s a 34 point drop from 2 months ago when he was at +32 (60/28).

6. February 11, 2012 at 3:51 pm

7. 29 Linda
    February 11, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Got your eye on an iPhone 4S? What about a Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket?

Multiple reports that AT&T is set to double its upgrade fee on Sunday, February 12, from $18 to $36 may motivate you to get the the store a bit quicker to get that snazzy new smartphone.

• 30 SUE DUVALL SMITH
      February 11, 2012 at 4:01 pm

NO THANKS…I STILL LIKE MY STYRO CUPS AND STRING…THOSE WORK IF YOU’RE NOT TOO FAR AWAY!..:) IF YOU’VE SEEN THAT COMMERCIAL WITH THE SOUP CAN…HEY…LESS IS BETTER!

• 31 utaustinliberal
      February 11, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Dude…..I totally want that Galaxy S II so bad. Samsung uses an android operating system that kicks the iPhone’s ass from here to teabagger town. Android’s OS is so bloody strong, the battery life is siccccccccccccccccccccccck!, the amount of apps it can hold without draining your phone’s capabilities are awesome, you can do multiple things at once without having to click back and forth. I could go on and on and on and on.

• 32 isonprize
        February 11, 2012 at 5:29 pm

UT, YEAH BABY!!!! LOVE my Galaxy S II!! It is absolutely magnificent!! Love the apps, love the feel of it, love that it automatically syncs to my gmail and my calendar.

#TEAM DROID all the way!!!

• 33 utaustinliberal
          February 11, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Ooooooooh… uber jealous right now isonprize! I have to get it, I have to get it, I have to get it!

And hell yeah #TeamDroid all the way. It’s OS is kick ass to the max!

8. 34 Ladyhawke
    February 11, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Speaker John Boehner said: “We’re going to have a relentless focus on creating jobs.”

REPUBLICAN JOB CREATION

(Updated to include 2012)

====================

Shortly after the GOP regained the House of Representatives in 2010 the new Speaker of the House, John Boehner, made the welcome claim that the primary goal of the Republican Party was to increase employment in the U.S.

His exact words were: “We’re going to have a relentless focus on creating jobs.”

The following, therefore, is a chronological list of employment-related legislation by the GOP beginning 2-10-2011. I’m sorry to report that none, so far, have resulted in a single new job being created in America.

===================

9. February 11, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Love this photo! One of my favourites

February 11, 2012 at 4:16 pm

LOL! In the second pic the person with the green shirt (and glasses) is beside him or herself with excitement/joy/delight/euphoria! :) And the others are excited as well.

I guess that’s Tweety’s evidence that our President and First Lady don’t “connect” with folks.

11. 44 dotster3
    February 11, 2012 at 4:17 pm

That is just one of the reasons why I love President Obama. It’s that sense of calmness he always brings, no matter what the situation, no matter how loud the faux outrage. President Obama has the exact right temperament to be POTUS. It is one of his special gifts. And I like the glass half full attitude too. I try to have that outlook also and gravitate toward others who have that same positive view of the world—- as do most people.
    And shhhhh—-don’t tell the Repugs, but people are not attracted to all that hate and anger and doom and gloom—-does not win elections. People want to feel hopeful and good about the country, about the possibilities and the future—–and want to feel that someone with a calm demeanor and a clear-thinking mind is at the helm.

12. 45 JER
    February 11, 2012 at 4:26 pm

First lady Michelle Obama shows off another dance move at Disney World — the platypus walk –

February 11, 2012 at 4:29 pm

I guess the CPAKKK folks decided to give Romney a boost by making him the straw poll winner. I guess they felt he needed to be rescued after the humiliating defeat earlier this week.

• 48 utaustinliberal
      February 11, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Hahahahaha. He’s the straw poll winner of a group of racists, bigoted, homophobic, band of whack jobs. Keep f*cking that chicken Willard.

February 11, 2012 at 5:10 pm

I see Romney won with 38%…Santorium up the rear with 31%. Yes, I meant to say that :)

• 51 HZ
        February 11, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Desertflower, you just gave me the best meds I’ve had all day. Thanks for the laughter. Great medicine, always. Love you DF.(((((Hugs))HZ

14. February 11, 2012 at 4:37 pm

holy moly I finally caught up to the end. Been tweeting you all as I go. Voter registration was I guess OK. Got 5 people. that’s better than a kick in the pants!

FLOTUS Rocks!!

15. February 11, 2012 at 4:38 pm

I’m not going to post anything until Michelle Obama stop being so awesome. Enough is enough!

• 58 Pamela
      February 11, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Oh dear, BWD, please have a change of heart for our sakes, it could be a v.e.r.y l.o.o..o.n.n.ng.g.g time before FLOTUS stops being so awesome, maybe even NEVER. We shall not thrive well without your posts, just sayin’! ;)

February 11, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Yes, BWD, we are looking forward to your resuming your daily “mishmashes” – hopefully in the not too distant future. Between TOAITR and TOD, what more would I need?

• 60 HZ
        February 11, 2012 at 5:31 pm

BWD, please do not tease us like this. You are teasing, right? Keep well and relax today. Thinking good thoughts HZ

• 61 Pamela
          February 11, 2012 at 6:26 pm

HZ, I think she is teasing us, it’s that photo of POTUS teasing FLOTUS at the top that has her feeling mischievous, and THAT is a good sign she is on the mend! I hope you, too, HZ, are feeling well today, and this is a good day for BWD to choose to tease! :)

• 62 JoJothecat
      February 11, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Infinity is a long time BWD and I don’t think we could stand not hearing from you…..besides there are two places we can bug you relentlessly…TOD and TOAITR….you can run but you can’t hide.

16. 63 lockewasright
    February 11, 2012 at 4:40 pm

My kids watch Phineas and Ferb sometimes. This is from that show. It’s a recurring thing. Cracks me up!

• 64 utaustinliberal
      February 11, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Hey LWR. I’m in college and my friends and I ADORE the show. It’s funny, it’s creative, and it celebrates science, art, and imagination. Plus it’s got wicked cool song and dance numbers.

• 65 Lockewasright
        February 11, 2012 at 9:55 pm

I’m 37 and would be watching even if I didn’t have kids. My wife and I LOVE cartoons. We show our children classics (Tex Avery and Rocky and Bullwinkle) on DVD and watch newer ones on tv with them. There was a period there when I was a kid that had me a little worried about the future of cartoons, but they’ve gotten much better since. Just about everything Genndy Tartakovsky does is excellent and hilarious.

17. 66 dotster3
    February 11, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Don’t know if this has been posted, but here is the AP account of FL’s interview with reporters in FL—–her plans for the campaign etc.

• 67 Cathy from MN
      February 11, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Nice interview; thanks for posting!

February 11, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I read some comment after the article were some idiot talking about Ann Romney would make a better First Lady. Only in that idiot’s dream. Ann Romney better than FLOTUS, no way! And I do mean no way. Hell No Way!!!!!!!!!

• 69 yardarm756
          February 11, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I was wondering how long it would take the rwnj’s to get to the best 1st Lady meme. It’s a good thing that isn’t an elective office. If it was, all of those nj’s would have shiny new wives. ;-D

18. 76 LOL
    February 11, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Dear Morning Joe, Yuck Fou

Poll: Catholics Approve Of Obama’s New Contraception Rule

A new poll conducted Friday night by Public Policy Polling (D) shows Catholics support President Obama’s rule change to the contraception coverage requirement at religious organizations. The poll of 466 Catholic voters showed that 57% of Catholics support the new policy, which allows women who work at religiously-affiliated organizations like hospitals to get contraception cost-free as required under the Affordable Care Act through their insurer. 29% opposed the new policy for not going far enough while 5% opposed it because they think the original rule was fair. Catholic women support the compromise more than men. Respondents preferred Obama’s position over Romney’s opposition to any birth control coverage requirement 51% to 38% and Hispanic Catholics preferred Obama’s 59% to 32%.

The survey was done on behalf of the Coalition to Protect Women’s Health Care, a coalition of 28 women’s health advocacy groups who came together Friday to work to protect access to birth control in the wake of the administration’s rule change. The survey’s margin of error is +/-4.5%.

MEEP. MOTHERFLIPPING MEEP.

• February 11, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Thanks, this is reassuring news. The only health insurance coverage for women that the Bishops will ever approve is for chastity belts.

• 78 Linda
      February 11, 2012 at 5:04 pm

That is good….but I am surprised the number are not higher.

• February 11, 2012 at 5:48 pm

what bothers me most about the whole contraception issue with the Catholic Church is why did the lay women who use or have used contraceptives did not speak out…this silence of the parishoners has always disturbed me…esp on issues that they need to speak on…

• 80 Pamela
          February 11, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Guilt. The CC indoctrination towards suppression of human nature by guilt is deep and subconscious. For crying out loud, unless they have changed it all since 1968 (when I left them) a beautiful innocent child is a sinner before it has been born! Go figure..

• 81 utaustinliberal
      February 11, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Funny how the men disapprove of the compromise more than women. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Ye of the penis and NO uterus should STFU when it comes to discussions and decisions about a woman’s body. You don’t suffer from cramps, you don’t suffer from ovarian cysts, you don’t suffer from endometriosis, you don’t suffer from ovarian cancer, you don’t suffer labor pains, then for the love of sanity ——————————> STFU.

19. 88 Linda
    February 11, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker (R) gave a passionate speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference Friday, rallying against recall election efforts that he said could do lasting damage.

“Lord help us if we fail,” Walker said. “I’m not planning on it, but if we were to fail, I think this sets aside any courageous act in American politics for at least a decade if not a generation.”

“This recall isn’t about me and it isn’t just about who will be the Governor of Wisconsin,” Walker continued. “It is about all of us and whether or not we can make bold decisions for the future.”

Walker said the “swift action” he took to help the state’s economy — which included a controversial budget proposal that stripped public workers of their collective bargaining rights and caused union uproar — was necessary to “fix” the fiscal crisis and show “Wisconsin is open for business.”

“Collective bargaining is not a right,” Walker said. “In the public sector, it is an expensive entitlement.”

Walker criticized protesters who have disrupted government events and those who “bust in” outside his home. Protesters have rallied at the state capital since February 2011 in protest of Walker and his budget legislation.

20. 90 ChristiMTL
    February 11, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Ok I started to watch Palin’s speech to see if she was endorsing today………for me it was like watching one of their debate.

Palin: Winning the Future, yea I know, WTF

Palin: And I’m the idiot?

*click*

It’s all I could take…….she’s vile!

• 91 Linda
      February 11, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Didn’t they drop ” Winning the Future” ? I have not seen that promoted since it started getting mocked by Paymelin. Yes you are correct….she is vile.

I read on an Alaska site that she dragged Barstool Bristol to DC to try an sell her books.. The first 100 are being given away free.

• 92 symmetry11
      February 11, 2012 at 5:32 pm

I recall hearing Newt trying to use that slogan.

February 11, 2012 at 6:53 pm

So I heard they dug that Palin thing back up. It’s funny how the media doesn’t say one word about that white supremacist speaking at C-Pac, if a black panther was speaking at a Dem event, that is all they would talk about, every second, every minute, every hour.

21. February 11, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Robney won the straw poll!

• 95 ChristiMTL
      February 11, 2012 at 5:07 pm

I thought it would be Ron Paul as usual….it’s usually packed with his followers……where was he anyway?

• 96 Linda
        February 11, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Ron Paul did not attend CPAC….

• 97 ChristiMTL
          February 11, 2012 at 5:11 pm

That’s strange isn’t it?….I noticed that he doesn’t go after Romney……so I guess it was to help him….

• 98 Linda
            February 11, 2012 at 5:20 pm

He felt going to Maine was a better choice….Maybe he is tired of the freak show ?

February 11, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Actually I think Christi’s hypothesis might be correct. Ron Paul stayed away so that Romney could cash in. The establishment probably decided that Romney desperately needed a boost after what happened this past Tuesday, and his confidence was probably shaky as hell. They did him a huge favor, because despite the “Santorum surge,” Santorum still does not poll as well against PBO as does Romney. They are going to make sure that Romney wins the nomination. He’s the best they’ve got – which isn’t saying a whole lot, but that’s the way it is.

February 11, 2012 at 5:29 pm

And I might add that Paul might be in Maine telling folks to vote for Romney, for all you know.

• February 11, 2012 at 5:45 pm

I read somewhere, maybe TPM, that CPAC made some kind of adjumstments this year so that the Paulites couldn’t dominate the straw ballot voting. Sorry for the lack of specifics but I remember reading this fairly recently.

• 102 LOL
      February 11, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Jovie, he bussed kids in from the colleges on the east coast.

But here is Halperin’s take:

Whether Romney did this through organization or not, it is a great day for him. A loss to Santorum would have been more than a nick. That sound you hear is Boston exhaling. Of course, if someone had said a month ago that Santorum would finish this close to first, the reaction would have been much different.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Halperin is getting desperate. Those checks from Boston must be flowing in pretty nicely. Santorum had no organization, no nothing. And while he won the CPAC poll 38-31, it was 2 pts that separated Santorum and Romney in the CPAC national poll. I mean, he is batting Ron Paul in Maine? WTF? Mittens is a wounded animal.

February 11, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Let Mitt enjoy, he won win in November.

22. February 11, 2012 at 5:10 pm

So palin says that this President is corrupt because of what she calls, crony-capitalism.

Oh really? The Republucans ate masters at protecting tge rich oil companies, big coal and the Banks.
    She has quite the nerve!

23. 124 Linda
    February 11, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Can someone point me to the video that was here a few days ago that began with the President from back in 2002 and came all the way up to now ?

24. 133 LOL
    February 11, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Sarah Palin is severely stupid.

25. 138 yardarm756
    February 11, 2012 at 5:13 pm

The half-term gov is on cnn spewing her word salads. I can’t stand that woman. She wouldn’t make good fish bait and probably contaminate the water..

26. February 11, 2012 at 5:17 pm

EPA To Provide Nearly $10 Million to Clean Up Beaches Across the Nation/The agency launches improved website for beach advisories and closures

27. 144 africa
    February 11, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Anyone know if there’s been release of official campaign song for PBO?

28. 150 Geeja
    February 11, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Love, love. love this First Lady! What energy. 4 more years for Flotus!!!

29. 151 ChristiMTL
    February 11, 2012 at 5:36 pm

The GOP establishment really have a problem with their teabaggers, they hate Romney as much as they hate President Obama.

• 152 africa
      February 11, 2012 at 5:53 pm

They have a huge problem with his religion. It is the elephant in the room and an unspoken truth in the media!!

• 153 ChristiMTL
        February 11, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Oh it’s THE problem for them……although I never understood why they loved Glenn Beck who’s a Mormon as well…how does that make sense?

• 154 isonprize
          February 11, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Christ. Really? REALLY? You were expecting their thinking to make sense? REALLY??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

February 11, 2012 at 5:38 pm

That “smart” historian for the ages has his “mind” working overtime again.

31. February 11, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I guess CNN is going to keep playing Palins speech from CPAC.
    They think this is helping Republicans, but her favorability rating are a disaster, because of this type of personal destruction politics.

LOL.

32. February 11, 2012 at 5:55 pm

By MAGGIE HABERMAN | 2/10/12 5:04 PM EST
    Bill Burton, senior strategist with Priorities USA Action – the super PAC backing President Obama – is slamming Mitt Romney for his line at CPAC in which he declared that he fought to keep Massachusetts from becoming “the Las Vegas of gay marriage.”

“Mitt Romney’s rehearsed statement comes from a hateful politics of the past that aims to arouse to the prejudices of a few by demeaning the relationships of millions of gay Americans,” Burton said in a statement. “Unfortunately for Romney, a desperate campaign based on divisive demagoguery is beneath most American voters who instead want their President focused on a stronger economy and better future for all. Incidentally, gay marriage is legal in Massachusetts and from best I can tell, it still doesn’t seem anything like Las Vegas.”

This is where Romney’s push to sell himself as conservative is a reminder of why he has generally avoided wading into his record in his campaign – it has problematic corners, and comments like the Vegas line will be used against him in a general election, at a time when most opinion polls show the dial moving nationally on gay marriage.

February 11, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Romney: I want to be your nominee. I want to beat president obama
      Sat Feb 11, 2012 at 7:34 a.m.
      @ASFried I was surprised to hear LePage was not attending tonight’s party and announcement.
      Sat Feb 11, 2012 at 7:33 a.m.
      Romney: we will restore religious liberty when I’m president.
      Sat Feb 11, 2012 at 7:32 a.m.
      Romney: I will repeal Obamacare!
      Sat Feb 11, 2012 at 7:30 a.m.
      Romney: they want to insert government into our lives … meaning Democrats.
      Sat Feb 11, 2012 at 7:30 a.m.
      Romney addressing several hundred voters in Sanford. How much does he need Maine right now?
      Sat Feb 11, 2012 at 7:28 a.m.
      Mitt Romney getting ready to address York Cty. GOP caucus
      Sat Feb 11, 2012 at 7:25 a.m.
      Lot of people with puzzled looks as caucus instructions are being given in York County. What actually happens at a caucus?
      Sat Feb 11, 2012 at 7:17 a.m.

33. February 11, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Great spoof poster on the gang of 3 Republicans and their attack on Medicare

34. February 11, 2012 at 6:01 pm
  35. February 11, 2012 at 6:02 pm
  36. February 11, 2012 at 6:11 pm

watching a bit of CPAC……..they say what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger……..

37. 175 Linda
    February 11, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Nearly 30 percent of adults in South Carolina have no idea, according to a poll released Wednesday by Winthrop University­. 29.3 percent of adults polled in the Palmetto State could not identify the current vice president.

February 11, 2012 at 6:18 pm

He just can’t help himself, can he?

Andrew Kaczynski
    Romney: “I care about all Americans from the 1% down to the 99%”
    23 hours ago via TweetDeck

February 11, 2012 at 6:25 pm

So Romney wins the Maine caucus with 39% followed by Ron Paul @ 36%

Santorum comes in 3rd with 18%.

40. 184 collegekay
    February 11, 2012 at 6:25 pm

I can’t watch Chris Hayes. I dont know what it is but I just find him annoying.

February 11, 2012 at 6:26 pm

ZekeJMiller RT @PrestonCNN: More details on Maine Caucuses. Romney 39%; Paul 36%; Santorum 18%; Gingrich 6%; 61 votes cast for others. Tune into #CNN
    20 seconds ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Others? Who might the “others” be???

February 11, 2012 at 6:28 pm

AKaczynski1 Andrew Kaczynski
    Mitt Romney beats Ron Paul by 3%, which is only about 200 votes.
    half a minute ago

February 11, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Not only that, but he got far less than he did in 2008 (52%). The media can spin this until they are spun dry, but their golden boy Willard is not generating any kind of enthusiasm among the GOP base.

43. 192 collegekay
    February 11, 2012 at 6:33 pm

I really want PBO to kick Myth’s ass.

44. 193 Linda
    February 11, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Maine

Romney 39.2 – 2,190 votes
    Paul 35.7 – 1,996
    Ricky 17.7 – 989
    Newt 6.2 – 349

45. 194 collegekay
    February 11, 2012 at 6:37 pm

anybody know how many people participated in the Maine caucus in 2008?

• 195 africa
      February 11, 2012 at 6:42 pm

I think I saw about 5,535. Mitt won by fewer than last time and Paul more than last time.

• February 11, 2012 at 6:54 pm

so the number of participants are just about the same then with about 11 less people ( 2008: 5535 – 5524: 2012 = 11) this time around. These numbers are bad for Willard especially if he only got 39% of the votes this time. There’s really no statistical difference in the number of participants but the percentage that voted for him are more than disappointing. What the numbers mean is that people are just as “enthusiastic” in Maine, but they are less enchanted with Willard. They like him less this time around and they don’t think he can deliver. This is shocking for a state like Maine where he should have been able to get better numbers i.e.: Maine 2008. If I were his people, evaluating these numbers, I would be worried.

February 11, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Here’s a link to all the details that year.

46. February 11, 2012 at 6:41 pm

ALERT

Just found this resource (thanks to creolechild)

AFGE has produced a video and image to the slogan of

Explain it to me GOP – deals with payroll tax

Great resource we need to use nest week and every week until the payroll tax is extended.

Explain it to me GOP

47. 206 dotster3
    February 11, 2012 at 6:41 pm

NBC news just showed a CPAC attendee who still haz a big sad about Palin’s decision to not run for POTUS. (I can hardly type that) He said she would have been “a great leader”. OMG, the idiocy of some people. And there she was slamming and mocking President Obama in the most hateful, sarcastic manner. She is the most detestable human being.

February 11, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Just plain good news.

But the latest budget document can be seen as more a platform for the president’s re-election campaign than a legislative proposal for budget debates that will begin next week. The budget will call for a 10-year, $61 billion “financial crisis responsibility fee” to hit the largest financial companies and a tax overhaul referred to as “everyone pays their fair share.”

Congressional leaders of both parties have vowed to pursue an overhaul of the tax code to make it simpler and fairer. But Mr. Obama’s version includes proposals that have been partisan flashpoints. His version pushes for the elimination of “unfair tax breaks for millionaires.” The current alternative minimum tax — which hits some middle-class families — would be scrapped in favor of the president’s “Buffett rule,” named after the billionaire investor Warren E. Buffett and devised to ensure that households earning more than $1 million a year pay no less than 30 percent of their income in taxes.

The budget document calls for a simpler tax code with lower rates, but the president also wants a tax overhaul to cut the deficit by $1.5 trillion through 2022 and allow President George W. Bush’s tax cuts to expire for families earning more than $250,000 a year.

Thank you, Mr. President! Let’s Get This Done!!!

• February 11, 2012 at 7:30 pm

The MSM new talking point next week-

Class warfare and the President is dividing the Nation.

Bets?

February 11, 2012 at 7:32 pm

I don’t give a rat’s arse what they say…they haven’t been on the right side of anything for a very long time :) They say that NOW!

• 214 africa
        February 11, 2012 at 7:49 pm

After their over the top freak out about BC, let them bring it on. The public is on to GOP and know they are the doom and gloomers.

February 12, 2012 at 6:15 am

Class warfare and the President is dividing the nation, so I guess the GOP out and out racism has nothing to do with the country being divided. I guess the GOP only being concern for the rich has nothing to do with the division, the GOP only being concern about that 1%. I guess the GOP disrespect for the black family in the White House has nothing to do with the country being divided. Who was it had a white supremacists speak at C-Pac ? Who is it who has candidates running for President talking racists things?

February 11, 2012 at 6:50 pm
  50. 221 GGail
    February 11, 2012 at 7:06 pm

TOD family & Chipsticks – I received in the mail today from OFA, my 2012 Road Map to Victory! The letter from Jim Messina says “Let me begin by saying that there are many pathways to victory in November. By our count, there are at least 40 ways to get to the 270 electoral votes necessary to re-elect President Obama”.

• 222 Cindy Sweatt
      February 11, 2012 at 11:01 pm

I also got that today. So many of the roads go through Colorado. We need to get even busier. Call, call, call!!

51. 223 anniebella
    February 11, 2012 at 7:10 pm

FLOTUS should be back home now with POTUS and the girls. I’m sure they are HAPPY. Bo too.

52. February 11, 2012 at 7:20 pm

A big, BIG vote in Greece Parliament on Sunday.
    This is the one that makes or breaks Greece.
    MSM will not inform you, they are to busy kissing the GOP ass!
    Anyways, Keep fingers crossed.

53. February 11, 2012 at 7:28 pm

A few new pics added to post ;-)

54. 237 Lorraine
    February 11, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Flip flop is not liked by his severely “conservative” brothers and sisters. You can’t make this stuff up, yawl.

55. February 11, 2012 at 7:31 pm

http://www.youtube.com/user/militarywiveschoir?feature=watch. This is not our military, but England. However, this is a moving video. They took phrases from letters — their husbands were all serving in Afghanistan — and wrote the song. The director is the choir master for the London Symphony. I shared on FB and asked that it be passed along. Hope all of you enjoy.

56. 241 Janelle
    February 11, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Video of FLOTUS at Northland Church this morning:

• 242 isonprize
      February 11, 2012 at 7:46 pm

She looks amazing. I love that dress/suit/skirt set/ outfit — whatever it is!!! The color is perfect and I’ve always liked her hair up and with with some curl to it. Love our FLOTUS!!!

57. February 11, 2012 at 7:44 pm

The new WH COS is on all the Sinday shows-

White House Chief of Staff Jack Lew makes all the stops on this weekend’s talk show circuit.

Lew will be on ABC, CBS, CNN, FOX and NBC on Sunday to preview President Obama’s budget proposal and the White House’s shift on the contraception mandate.

Well, well, well…

58. 245 collegekay
    February 11, 2012 at 8:13 pm

OMFG Whitney!!! I’m crying. I loved her. I cannot believe this. I am soooo sad :(

• 246 nathkatun7
      February 12, 2012 at 2:01 am

Really sad and shocking news! It was so hard for me to believe what i heard! My Children loved Whitney Houston! They are the ones who introduced me to her music. As a father who lost a young daughter, It always hits me hard to hear the passing of a young person. Whitney Houston was such a warm and talented person who, in her brief life on this earth, contributed so much to humanity. May her Soul Rest in Peace!