Feb

rise and shine

Comedian Bill Maher announced last night that he will donate one million dollars to President Obama’s re-election campaign.  At the end of his groundbreaking comedy special, “CrazyStupidPolitics: Live from Silicon Valley,” which streamed live on Yahoo!, Bill brought out a check, making a personal donation of one million dollars to Obama’s Super PAC, Priorities USA Action. He explained that having a country governed by Barack Obama rather than any of the Republican candidates is “worth a million dollars” and that in his own financial interests, “this is the wisest investment I think I could make.” He also encouraged other wealthy liberals to do the same and give until it hurts.

More at Mediaite

Washington Post (Editorial): Run to the extreme in the primary, move to the center in the fall: That’s expected. But moving from the cartoon world the Republican presidential candidates have constructed back into three dimensions might prove more difficult.

In their debate Wednesday night, the remaining candidates seemed to be continuing their drift from reality – the reality of a center-right electorate they propose to woo and govern, and of the complexities of the problems they promise to solve.

…. From his perch of thorough hypocrisy – Paul is a master earmarker who preserves his purity by voting against appropriations bills he knows will pass – the Texas congressman declared: “I don’t accept that form of government.”

And, of Santorum, “He is a fake.” No, what’s fake is the two-dimensional canvas they’re presenting to voters.

Full editorial here

TPM: Mitt Romney’s got a problem. Purple Strategies released their “Purple Poll” on Thursday, data from twelve swing states … “His favorable ratings are just atrocious,” Doug Usher, a managing partner at Purple Strategies said. “You can’t be sitting on 27 percent favorability in the general,” the level Romney is at in their new numbers.

“The best thing that Mitt Romney could actually do is actually run a campaign that said something,” Bruce Haynes, one of the founding partners of Purples Strategies and a veteran of GOP campaigns, told TPM. “It’s a Seinfeld campaign. It’s a campaign about nothing….”

More here

Robert Shrum: Mitt Romney is pandering so desperately to the far-right fringe that he’s become all but unelectable in November …. As he demonstrated in this debate, he’s so desperate to pander his way to the nomination that he’s making it increasingly worthless.

This may do for the primary – it may be essential – but it’s a disaster in the making for the fall campaign. Romney’s cynical hope has to be that his shape-shifting will convince voters he doesn’t really mean this stuff. He can pray that his character weakness is his saving grace – that his reputation for lying about his beliefs will pull him back from the edge of a gender gap that will otherwise pose an unbridgeable barrier to the White House. The longer the primaries drag on, and the more he has to profess his hostility to women’s rights, the less likely it is that he can ever convince the majority who are women to take a chance on him.

…. From Oklahoma to Ohio, which both vote on March 6, and then onto Wisconsin and across the Midwest, Romney is well behind Santorum in the polls. He will have to keep pandering – and above all, right now, he has to win Michigan.

In the Arizona debate, he may have staunched his bleeding in the primaries, but he opened his veins for November.

Full article here

Martin Bashir: “Newt Gingrich said he’s going to take oil prices down to $2 or $2.50 – the only thing that Newt Gingrich is very skilled at doing is taking his underpants down in the form of the number of adulteries that this man commits.”

Steve Rattner (NYT): …. As a presidential aspirant, Mr. Romney evidently hasn’t felt a need to be consistent or specific as to what should have been done to address the collapse of the auto industry starting in late 2008. But the gist is that the government should have stayed on the sidelines and allowed the companies to go through what he calls “managed bankruptcies,” financed by private capital.

That sounds like a wonderfully sensible approach – except that it’s utter fantasy. In late 2008 and early 2009, when G.M. and Chrysler had exhausted their liquidity, every scrap of private capital had fled to the sidelines.

I know this because the administration’s auto task force, for which I was the lead adviser, spoke diligently to all conceivable providers of funds, and not one had the slightest interest in financing those companies on any terms. If Mr. Romney disagrees, he should come forward with specific names of willing investors in place of empty rhetoric. I predict that he won’t be able to, because there aren’t any.

Full article here

Thanks Africa

A source tells National Confidential that 26 American cars will be arranged by the United Auto Workers to echo Mitt Romney’s infamous “let Detroit go bankrupt” op-ed when he visits Ford Field on Friday. The cars will be on top of a parking garage right across from Ford Field where Romney will be giving a speech to the Detroit Economic Club.

More here

The Week

Morning everyone ;-)

200 Responses to “rise and shine”

1. 1 symmetry11
    February 24, 2012 at 8:02 am

Good mornign everyone

2. February 24, 2012 at 8:04 am

good morning everyone! keep up the good fight!

3. 10 symmetry11
    February 24, 2012 at 8:10 am

I am completely surprised but giddy about Bill Maher’s donation.

• February 24, 2012 at 9:27 am

Whatever Maher does or does not do, the important thing is that he issued a challenge to his “fellow” entertainers to donate in the same manner. Now no one is going to want to be “outdone” by Maher and give a paltry $500,000. It’s one thing for a Las Vegas sleazeball to donate big bucks to Newton, but when an entertainer goes on tv and makes a big deal of calling out his colleagues, some people are going to rise to the occasion. I’m hoping we’ll see a lot of pile on donations of one million or more as the days go by. I would love to see PBO’s SuperPac go from the thousands number reported in January to one hundred million in February and March. Meanwhile I want his re-election campaign cash funded by small donors to continue to balloon.

• 12 nospin
      February 24, 2012 at 10:12 am

I was offended by that piece of shyte Maher. He is insulting and subscribes to the lowest forms of stereotypes of black people.

He can take his money and stick it up his a*s.

Why oh why did I watch that clip when I already KNOW what to expect from that ‘ignant mofo.

• 13 symmetry11
        February 24, 2012 at 10:25 am

I didn’t watch the clip. He makes me so angry when he starts talking crazy about PBO, so I have tried to ignore him. I am happy about the money, but have no doubt that down the line he will say he has “buyers remorse”.

• 14 nospin
          February 24, 2012 at 10:36 am

symmetry11 – it will make you angry. He subscribes to the lowest form of racism and he is too stupid to realize how offensive his statements are. I can only imagine how PO must feel to hear things like that. $1M is nothing to sneeze at but the ignorance that came with it. . . I wonder . . . is is worth it?

I wouldn’t take the money. I would shove it up his disrespectful . . . well.

I am not running for President. I can only feel for PO and FLOTUS when they have to listen to that crap. God help his kids. I hope they never have to listen to this stuff until they are fully grown. It is toxic.

• 15 jeff
          February 24, 2012 at 10:59 am

he talks crazy about nearly everyone though.

• February 24, 2012 at 10:45 am

I agree, nospin. Fella just pisses me off with that “grow your hair out” sh*t! Who do these “I know all about your Blackness” folks think they are? They sleep with some Black women and think they’re “family” and can calibrate risks and stances, verbalizations and responses like some racial truth squad. Dammit! Get off my racial lawn, uppity caucasian!

4. 18 MoObama
    February 24, 2012 at 8:11 am

Thanks Bill Maher, but if POTUS doesn’t jump to meet your every wish I don’t want to hear you ask for your million back.

• 19 Renee / Aunt Sis
      February 24, 2012 at 8:35 am

And you know as well as I do that he will. I can’t stand him. He will probably demand that the president goes all out black. I wish they wouldn’t accept the funds but since I cant match those funds, I should keep quiet. I need to work on getting those millions.

• 20 nospin
        February 24, 2012 at 10:43 am

“I wish they wouldn’t accept the funds”

Aunt Sis – I am right there with you on that but I know that won’t happen.

What I do know and should take comfort in is the fact that PO will take his money and continue to do what he is doing and continue to be his own man. Maher will be left 1 million lighter in his pockets shaking his fists at the skies and railing against the President way before PO is 3 months into his second term.

• 21 sabreen60
        February 24, 2012 at 11:06 am

Actually, if I understand correctly, President Obama has NO say in what the Super Pac does or does not do. The money is NOT going to President Obama. It is going to the Super Pac. Will the Super Pac reject funds? I doubt it.

• February 24, 2012 at 9:21 am

I was thinking the same thing.

• 23 TrumpDog
      February 24, 2012 at 9:31 am

That’s exactly what I was thinking
      :roll:

• February 24, 2012 at 10:12 am

Me too. I don’t trust him. It will end up being some publicity stunt, or some way of demanding something. I have a hard time believing that Bill Maher has any pull with any other hollywood people. He has such a horrible personality. I guess I hope it is all true. Like Renee said-I can’t match it. Wait and see.

• February 24, 2012 at 12:14 pm

I think people are over-reacting to Maher in this case. This isn’t about stereotypes, it’s about what he and so many other Democrats want: Someone to kick a$$. They want to fight back and stop being nice. It’s unfortunate that he promotes the stereotype to make his point, but let’s not lose sight of his point: a$$-kicking. Who among us doesn’t want the Republicans beat back into their tiny-minded caves? Some of us are more willing to do the grunt work to make that happen than the average Democrat. We get that the President isn’t going to stop being who he is, but we all do appreciate it when he speaks forcefully and doesn’t compromise. His speech to the University students yesterday was an example of that. I don’t much care for Maher’s style but I get that he’s sick of putting up with the bizarro Republicans and is willing to put his money where his mouth is.

5. February 24, 2012 at 8:12 am

Good Morning. And for me crow never tasted so good. Kudos to Bill Maher. Not saying I’ll let him off the hook but I’ll definitely cut him a lot more slack.

• February 24, 2012 at 8:41 am

And then I saw the video. Maher still doesn’t get it. The President is not trying to get people to like him. He’s comfortable in his own skin.
      And here we go again with this can’t wait to the black Obama takes over. I appreciate the donation but Maher has some personal racial issues he just can’t seem to resolve. One of them being that Black=Gangsta.

• February 24, 2012 at 9:42 am

So true derbingle. While I appreciate his contribution, I’m not feeling the whole, ‘the first term is the white term’, ‘grow your hair out’, etc. President Obama had to make some shifts but certainly, Bill is not going to get some sort of, super-fly, Richard Roundtree-type president that he’s been pining for for the last 3 years.

• 29 nospin
        February 24, 2012 at 10:15 am

thanks for rephrasing derbingle. That clip confirms that Maher is an idiot. He doesn’t understand him and he never will.

To say that the last four years where PO has accomplished more achievements than multiple presidents put together over a period of hundreds of years is attributed to his “white half” is .. . . I have no words.

None.

• February 24, 2012 at 11:53 am

The President has left John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, Eric Cantor and the rest of the Congressional in the corner blubbering like a cranky one year old. They want no parts of him. Witness how quickly they caved on the payroll tax and unemployment extension. The last thing they wanted is him anywhere near the negotiating table.

That’s because to quote Joe Biden the man has a spine made of ramrod. You don’t need to be a gangster (something he’s not anyway) when your backbone is made of ramrod. I’m sick of people like Maher talking that racial garbage.

• 32 Dakota
        February 24, 2012 at 10:35 am

Maher obviously thinks because he dates Black women (of the stripper type, I’m told), that he has some sort of “pass” to make these ignorant comments about Black people and the President specifically. He can’t be so stupid to believe that fall into that “gansta” stereotype, and I deeply resent him continuing to promote it. It makes him just as bad as the right wing racists. Donate the damn money with no strings attached or don’t bother.

• February 24, 2012 at 10:40 am

FOLKS NEED TO REALIZE THAT ‘ITS GANGSTA’ EVERY MORNING THE PRESIDENT GETS UP ” IN THE WHITEHOUSE’ TO DO THE PEOPLES BUSINESS!!!!

6. 37 Barb
    February 24, 2012 at 8:12 am

Beautiful phot to wake up to, thanks! Cartoons on the money.

February 24, 2012 at 8:18 am

Does anyone besides me find Richard Wolfe sexi?

February 24, 2012 at 8:28 am

This is completely OT but I just couldn’t resist this very cute story: 100-yr old bride marries her 87-yr old groom!

9. February 24, 2012 at 8:32 am

New Franklin/Marshall poll has the President up 8 in Pennsylvania, on both Robney and Santorum.

10. 61 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    February 24, 2012 at 8:35 am

HAVE A SUPER DAY TOD FAMILY…I’M OFF TO BROWN COUNTY FOR THE DAY IN MY ‘O’ SHIRT! BLESS YOU ALL!

11. 63 lovingandlaughing
    February 24, 2012 at 8:38 am

Wow, that is an amazing contribution from BIll Maher! That makes me very happy! Let’s hope many others who have an extra million dollars follow suit.

12. February 24, 2012 at 8:39 am

Oooooh, PLEASE let this happen:

• February 24, 2012 at 8:41 am

And this will be the last we hear of it, once Robney friends find out, this will get buried.
      Sadly!

• February 24, 2012 at 8:42 am

How do you know that?

• February 24, 2012 at 8:46 am

I’m not so sure about that Jovie, if they can make it happen it will make the single greatest visual in the history of planet earth!!!

• February 24, 2012 at 8:50 am

Lots of thing get ignored, very conveniently for Robney.
          His Favorabiluty numbers suck, but in the General election, he matches up well with the President.
          It makes no sense. It is, as Spock would say, illogical!

• February 24, 2012 at 8:56 am

Don’t put too much stock in that.

February 24, 2012 at 9:02 am

Jovie, only one or two poll show Romney “matching” up with the President – the majority of polls show the President with at least a 6 point lead in the general election.

• 72 donna dem 4 obama
            February 24, 2012 at 9:14 am

Let me try and explain why he matches up well in the General Election.

The country just went through a deep recession. Romney has name recognition as a successful businessman. Some independents like that and think he can maybe improve the economy faster than PBO can. They viewed him as somewhat moderate coming out of MA so they didn’t feel that he would be as partisan as the others. The problem is that he has had to sell his soul to the devil to try and win the Republican nomination so he is losing the moderates and indies. To top it off he is an awful campaigner. The more people see and hear him the less they like him. That’s my humble opinion based on what I have encountered with Independent and Moderate voters.

• February 24, 2012 at 9:18 am

Thanks for your insight, that’s about right.
              My problem is, do any pundits espouse your sentiments?

• 74 JoJothecat
                February 24, 2012 at 11:08 am

Jovie, the “pundits” don’t care…they WANT Robme to win. The only people who matter are the voters. All the pundits and money in the world CAN’T make Robme into a better candidate or make him connect with people. The die hard Repubs will hold their nose and vote for Robme but the Indies will vote for the person turning the country around and bringing jobs back to the USA.

• February 24, 2012 at 9:35 am

Donna, I wholeheartedly concur (been doing a lot of that lately). For many people who have not been paying attention, Willlard is still generic Republican. Despite all the primary coverage, his true ugliness as not been exposed at a time when people are paying attention, ie. after Labor Day. Also never forget that Dukakis was leading Bush the elder in the spring of ’88.

• 76 57andFemale
              February 24, 2012 at 9:38 am

The only thing Romney is ‘resolute’ about is winning the next context. How can you be ‘resolute’ when you have no core values?

• 77 Pamela
          February 24, 2012 at 9:02 am

UAW is a powerful union, don’t think MythRobney is carrying much weight in Michigan anymore…I think it will be a terrific message, we will all see it!

13. February 24, 2012 at 8:47 am

The Article says Robney has atrocious Favorable numbers, but yet, Gallup has him up 4.
    We have seen some 70% of the Country likes the President.
    This is how bad Gallup has gotten, the problem is, in the past they were seen as a moderate polling company.
    Sigh!

• 79 donna dem 4 obama
      February 24, 2012 at 8:54 am

This is your second day on the Gallup poll my friend. Give them up. Yes the media will harp on them because its controversy but I can tell you with a clear conscience that not a single person that I encounter throughout the day knows what the Presidents poll numbers are at Gallup. Look at his over all trend not that one poll. Right now he is trending well and that’s all that matters going into this summer.

p.s. Plz keep in mind that most working Americans don’t get to watch cable news all day so these conversations the pundits are having on their shows about these polls have little to know influence on them. ;)

• 80 collegekay
        February 24, 2012 at 8:57 am

Precisely.

Many working folks do not have time to listen to pundits harp about polls all day. If anything, they watch CBS evening news and lately they’ve had good reporting about the auto industry. That’s a plus for PBO.

• February 24, 2012 at 8:58 am

It’s still illogical, the whole thing is illogical.
        If you agree with me, then I will drop it!
        LOL!

February 24, 2012 at 9:03 am

I agree with you that it’s illogical. That’s why it’s time to drop it – because it makes no sense and is most probably NOT TRUE.

• February 24, 2012 at 8:59 am

This. The media wants a horse race so they’ll keep saying anything.

• February 24, 2012 at 9:04 am

Yes, but chiperoo put up an article, that said Robneys Favorablity numbers suck.
          So, if people hate him, how the he’ll is he even in the Game, let alone winning in that one poll?
          I think pundits should be asking the same Questions.
          That is all!

• February 24, 2012 at 9:16 am

Because the media wants a horse race. It’s that simple. Next week Rasmussen or whoever will show the race tightening and we’ll be having this conversation all over again. The week after that it will be someone else. Rinse and repeat. The only numbers that count are the ones on November 6th. And frankly I wouldn’t care if the the President won by 1 vote or 100 million. It still goes down as a victory and a second term.

• 87 donna dem 4 obama
              February 24, 2012 at 9:26 am

I don’t completely discount polling although I agree with you that these daily, weekly all the time polls are just ridiculous. Polling has its place. It shows a trend. The President’s team uses polls to determine where he will have to work this summer to garner votes to win a particular state. I just think that cable news abuses polls and never have I ever seen one President get as much polling as this one. They sensationalize these polls that really mean little to nothing at this point to get people all riled up or depressed about this election year.

• 88 donna dem 4 obama
            February 24, 2012 at 9:20 am

You make a valid point but I think what we are saying is that we think Gallup is crap. The Presidents approval numbers never get above 48% while every other poll including Ras has had him at 50 or above at some point over the last 30 days. What does that tell you about their polling? It tell me that something is fishy and the fact that they do not show you who they are polling anywhere on their site with the breakdown makes me go hmmmmmm…. So I take them with a grain of salt. That is all!

• February 24, 2012 at 9:43 am

Hi Donna, there’s something very odd going on with Gallup – I’m sure you saw people talking about this on Twitter yesterday. I’m not one to automatically disbelieve bad polls for PBO, but Gallup is so off the wall it’s just hard to take them seriously.

Even Rasmussen (!) has PBO 10 up on Romney nationally – Gallup has him 4 down!

And most other polling companies have similar findings to Rasmussen at the moment.

But it looks like it’s nothing new, Bruce Knight (https://twitter.com/#!/brucepknight) linked to this 2009 post at FrumForum yesterday:

“Based on these recent results, however, it appears that Gallup now has a significant Republican lean compared with most other national polls. And because of its prestige and the frequency of its polls, Gallup also has a disproportionate influence on public and elite perceptions of the state of public opinion on major issues.”

That’s the problem, despite their reputation Gallup still has influence, it’s infuriating.

• 90 donna dem 4 obama
                February 24, 2012 at 9:58 am

“I’m not one to automatically disbelieve bad polls for PBO, but Gallup is so off the wall it’s just hard to take them seriously. ”

THIS!!!!

Chips I think I have admitted to you on more than one occasion that I am a shameful poll watcher. I look at Ras and Gallup everyday. Then I go to Real Clear Politics to see the trend. ;)

As I stated upthread I don’t completely discount polls. I think they serve a purpose but this Gallup thing has to be skewed Republican because these numbers are just funky and if we had a real 4th estate they would be looking at all the other polls out there and asking the same question that Jovie asked this morning about Gallup but we know that will never happen. Instead as you said they use it blindly and their polling is never called into question but instead is lauded as the god of polling. It is indeed infuriating.

February 24, 2012 at 10:05 am

Well, come November 7th after we’re still hyper from a night of excitement that PBO defeated the Repug by 6 points, Gallup will still have Robney up by 4. What will the pundits say then?

• 92 donna dem 4 obama
                    February 24, 2012 at 10:22 am

They will completely ignore the atrocious polling of Gallup and go right back to reporting them with bated breath. :x

• February 24, 2012 at 10:13 am

Completely infuriating Donna – because, as we said before, no matter how ridiculous it might be to take polls too seriously this far out from the election, we all know that the media use them to drive the narrative. And Gallup, for some unknown reason, is still taken seriously. I don’t know anything about who runs the company, must check it out.

• February 24, 2012 at 11:01 am

This is where Nate Silver was so good during the ’08 election. He would assess each polling company, evaluate their polling techniques so you could get a good idea of how much faith to put into them. Sadly I don’t see him doing this much any more.

February 24, 2012 at 11:32 am

This time around, he seems to be a full-fledged Romneybott. He very eagerly posts polls that show Romney beating Santorum. He also went on MSNBC just about one month ago saying that Obama will lose in 2012. He gave Romney (and his partner-in-crime Ron Paul) a B+ for their last CNN debates.

• February 24, 2012 at 10:47 am

STOP IT…PLEASE…LET GALLOP GO…WE HAVE TO STAY FOCUSED!!!!

14. February 24, 2012 at 8:54 am

President Obama will open its fifth campaign office in Virginia this weekend.

Businessman Terry McAuliffe, former chairman of the Democratic National Committee possible candidate for governor next year, will be on hand for the office opening in Fredericksburg.

The campaign has a headquarters in downtown Richmond and offices in Fairfax County, Newport News and Petersburg.

Nine months before election day, Obama has a headstart over the eventual Republican nominee. None of the GOP candidates has much of a presence in the swing states of Virginia — yet.

15. February 24, 2012 at 8:59 am

Good Morning, Everyone :)

16. February 24, 2012 at 9:01 am

WINDERMERE, Fla. — Reveling in his sporting element, President Barack Obama waded into the oversize embrace of some of the biggest names in professional basketball Thursday, raising money from current and former NBA greats and an intimate group of supporters drawn to this weekend’s All-Star game in nearby Orlando.

Obama indulged his NBA habit at the home of Dallas Mavericks guard Vince Carter where about 70 guests gathered for a $30,000-a-person fundraiser. Among those invited were former L.A. Lakers star Earvin “Magic” Johnson, former Miami Heat star Alonzo Mourning and Chris Paul of the Los Angeles Clippers.

Comments
    Weigh InCorrections?
    Personal Post
    Gallery

 If Mitt Romney wins the election, it will him the second-wealthiest president in our nation’s history. Here’s a list of the richest presidents, ranked by 24/7 Wall Street according to their net worth in 2010 dollars.
    Gallery

 Michael Lee evaluates the best teams in the National Basketball Association.
    Mark Cuban, the Mavericks’ owner, and Obama embraced warmly as the president entered.

February 24, 2012 at 9:10 am

DETROIT – Barbara VanSyckel is the chairwoman of the Republican Party in Macomb County, Mich., a key county in a key state with a crucial GOP primary coming next Tuesday. She was looking forward to the Republican debate from Arizona this week, eager to see the candidates outline their positions before heading to Michigan. But after watching for a while, VanSyckel actually turned the debate off, disgusted by the negativity and bad-mouthing between the candidates.

“I just got really tired,” she says. “Didn’t Ron Paul call Rick Santorum a fake? Are you kidding me? And what bothered me was when Romney went after Santorum about the Arlen Specter thing. … It was at that moment that I said, you know what? I really don’t want to listen anymore.”

If you’re a party trying to build enough enthusiasm to take back the White House, it’s never a good idea to alienate your own county chairmen so much that they won’t even watch your debates. But that is the situation as the increasingly sour Republican race moves to Michigan.

18. February 24, 2012 at 9:12 am

We all know why the President stalled the Ketstone pipeline. To give more tine for Environmental review! Well Qunnipiac says 63% approve the pipeline! And/but, –

Fifty percent support strengthening environmental regulations, while 29 percent want to keep it at the same level and 17 percent say environmental protection rules should be reduced.

Again, the voters don’t even know how to answer these question, or they are just plain dumb!

February 24, 2012 at 9:16 am

Reports: Jeb Bush says 2012ers are ‘appealing to people’s fears’

// Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) said Thursday that he found it “troubling” that the 2012 presidential candidates are “appealing to people’s fears and emotion” on the campaign trail, according to reports.
    Bush expressed concern about the type of rhetoric that the candidates were using, without getting specific or naming names //

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/73242.html#ixzz1nJBpxBR4

20. February 24, 2012 at 9:16 am

What the h is Peggington Noonington, as we call her, writing about in the WSJ? ——saying Obama supporters are now “less embarrassed” by him and have been seeing him as a “confounding, confusing loser”. No Obama supporters, no real ones, were ever “embarrassed” by him or have ever considered him “a loser” of any kind. Hardly. In fact, the exact opposite. Noonington and Scarborough and Tweety &Co. need to spread their wings a little more, go to some different cocktail parties, talk to some different people. They are so far off base in their opinions it is actually pathetic. What kind of hazy, lazy bubble do they inhabit?

• February 24, 2012 at 9:19 am

She really is a piece of work, Dotster, there are so many ugly agendas and prejudices in her ugly little head she makes me spew.

• February 24, 2012 at 9:23 am

That’s Peggy Noonan. She always writes off the wall nonsensical gobbledygook. Lazy as dust.

• 129 Renee / Aunt Sis
      February 24, 2012 at 10:29 am

We have got to reprogram our minds. Whenever the republicans say something, they are revealing themselves. I.e. If they say death panel ….that is exactly what they will do. If they Dems are embarrassed, that translates to reps are embarrassed. Gotta come up with a better way of saying it. This can be proven over and over ago. Bachman said that her party is for women I.e they are against women. Hope this makes sense. Typing from my iPad..

• 130 L3
        February 24, 2012 at 10:47 am

It does. I always say whatever the Repubs say, believe the opposite is true. When they say PBO is a failure they really mean he’s a success. When they say PBO can’t run on his record, they are fearful he will run on his record. When they say they support the troops, they really mean we support defense contractors. Whe they say their party is in great shape, as that idiot did on MHP’s show, they really means it’s in disastrous shape and so on and so on. They have to maintain a pretense to have any hope of competing in November, let alone winning. Every election their goal is to fool the public by concealing who they really are and what they really want to do. People fall for their crap year after year. The election of PBO exposed them for who they really are and for thinking people the deception is over and their lies are out in the open.

• 131 Renee / Aunt Sis
          February 24, 2012 at 11:19 am

My laptop is acting funny today. i am reduced to the Ipad. LOL.
          You wrote it much better and the examples are exactly what i was thinking. REPUBLICAN PROJECTION. Up in down, right is left. I read an article that said they are like the sitcom Seinfeld – a show about nothing. That is so true but unlike Seinfeld, its not funny. Its not funny at all.

February 24, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Peggy Noonan is a dried up old witch who still dreams of her man Reagen. I hope Nancy keep a close eye on her cause she act like she had a thing for Reagen. She is the loser.

February 24, 2012 at 9:26 am

“Wonderful” Christians ….http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/02/24/santorums_wife_says_presidential_run_is_gods_will.html

Said Karen Santorum: “I did always feel in my heart that God had big plans for Rick. Eventually it was there, tugging at my heart. When Obamacare passed, that was it. That put the fire in my belly.”

So the ACA put fire in her belly to defeat PBO? Giving millions more people access to healthcare? Not letting insurance companies hike rates or drop you when you got sick? Giving people choices and freedom and piece of mind? THAT Obamacare????

February 24, 2012 at 9:35 am

Sarah Palin said the same thing – that God would determine who won the 2008 elections…

So I guess “God” is making sure that Rick is the nominee in order to punish him with a humiliating and landslide electoral defeat by PBO in November. That’s the “big plan” that “God” has for Rick!

• 138 57andFemale
      February 24, 2012 at 9:49 am

“God told me to fight health care!”

Who is this Jesus they speak of? I was raised a liberal Jew, and I think I understand and accept Jesus’ teachings better than these monsters.

22. February 24, 2012 at 9:26 am

+###############++++++++++###########++
    +############### ++++ +++++###########++
    +###############++++++#++############++
    +################+++++#++############++

23. February 24, 2012 at 9:29 am

February 24, 2012 at 9:45 am

Romney’s at it again…resorting to tricks, gimmicks..fakery…

• February 24, 2012 at 9:54 am

Absolutely hilarious, I cannot wait to see the pics from this!!!

• 147 JoJothecat
        February 24, 2012 at 11:29 am

I know, I liked one of the comments “maybe they will have cardboard cut outs and crash dummys to fill out the crowd”…hahahahaha :).

• February 24, 2012 at 11:31 am

I don’t understand why they would have used Ford Field as a venue anyway. Apparently they went from a hotel which was to small to Ford Field. Surely they didn’t expect to fill it? And the press is going to be there – it’s not like they’d keep their charade a secret , obviously.

February 24, 2012 at 9:53 am

Even PBS is now loving this WH!

• 150 utaustinliberal
      February 24, 2012 at 11:23 am

They catch on quick. They know they’re going to have a ratings bonanza come Monday, Feb. 27, 2012. Hope they include PBO’s singing in the full show.

26. February 24, 2012 at 10:05 am

of all people, lod has to bring in that hack woman from politico? gawd, get a fucking clue lod.

• February 24, 2012 at 11:30 am

I agree with you, amk. Is it really so savvy to showcase the opposition saying what you want them to say when you are giving them a forum, and to that extent, legitimacy. At least call out their politics, not everyone knows politico is a gop rag.

27. February 24, 2012 at 10:12 am

Good Morning and Happy Friday –

To the wonderful TheObamaDiary community- thanks SO MUCH to everyone for their kind words of wisdom and encouragement! It was a really fantastic & uplifting moment for me, from an otherwise horrible day!

Just for y’all – I’m sharing one of my favorite photos of the First Couple (before they were the 1st couple!) :-)

I could only hope to glow as beautifully as the First Lady!

Wishing you all a very happy and enjoyable day! Big Hugs

February 24, 2012 at 10:17 am

This is why we need to reelect PBO….thanks for nothing, SCOTUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. February 24, 2012 at 10:33 am

Wow! Already 100 episodes of West Wing Week! :-)

So much as changed for the better! Despite the lack of help from obstructing GOP & Tea Party morons!

30. February 24, 2012 at 10:35 am

- The Steelers will help foot the fares for Pittsburgh’s new light rail extension. http://bit.ly/xoJgcs

31. February 24, 2012 at 10:48 am

Ahhhhh!

32. February 24, 2012 at 10:50 am

Hopefully, Ed will have thus Guy on today!

33. February 24, 2012 at 10:51 am

Nice!

34. February 24, 2012 at 10:57 am

Good Morning and Happy Friday

Feds give seed money to startup health care insurance co-ops

35. 167 PoliticalJunkessa
    February 24, 2012 at 10:58 am

Wow — this is a power-packed Rise and Shine! Lots of goodies.

Martin Bashear is a hoot — I love his dry humorous take on things.

Willard is still an empty, robotic suit. Sick Rantorum is still a sex-obsessed, crazy crusader. Uncle Paul still is a life-long government employed “libertarian.” Leroy is still a stone-casting hypocrite. President Obama still rocks and stands head and shoulders above these clowns. I smell a landslide. WOOT!

• 168 JoJothecat
      February 24, 2012 at 11:35 am

Larry O’Donnell revealed the “real” Ron Paul…he is just a old, out-of-touch, lying, republican, who is against individual freedoms, for big government, just like the rest of them. Ron Paul will never be president because he is too old and senile…but maybe he’s running so his son, Ron Paul jr (Randy) will get elevated in a Robme cabinet.

• 169 susanne
      February 24, 2012 at 2:56 pm

yes, a cereal bowl full of nuts, fruits, and crunchy tidbits. plus, a vase of flowers on the table: our wonderful pbo!

• February 24, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Wow. Not only did Congress pass the payroll tax cut and UI but now they’re going to be paying for it by doing another thing that the President wants.

One of the most extraordinary things about this administration is the powerful changes going on under the radar.

36. 174 Pamela
    February 24, 2012 at 11:01 am

Thats it for me for a while… Outta here. Have a great day, don’t let those polls and pundits get your knickers in a knot, as they say in Aussie! (ooh, did I just say Aussie?) ;) ;) ;) Love ya’, Chipsticks!

37. February 24, 2012 at 11:02 am

38. 176 edp4bho
    February 24, 2012 at 11:02 am

Good morning TOD. I can’t post much here from work because 1. I’m at work 2. my pc here is crazy slow. Just needed to share that I am listening to an Al Green song (not LST), and I find though I love me some Al Green, I tend to think of PBO, whenever I hear any of his songs. I’m so disloyal…..LOL!

39. February 24, 2012 at 11:05 am

40. 180 PoliticalJunkessa
    February 24, 2012 at 11:06 am

I can’t wait to see footage from Michigan and the UAW protest! Gawwwwwwd I so hope Willard loses Michigan. If Sick Rick hadn’t gone off on his contraception crusade, he could have easily had this state. He’s such a dope, but he probably couldn’t help himself. :evil:

• February 24, 2012 at 11:10 am

Love how everyone came together to protest in a big and important way that will get the news freaks’ attention. Exciting!

• 182 Lorraine
      February 24, 2012 at 11:31 am

Me too, I need flip flop to lose Michigan so the lame stream media can beat up on him for a while. He has gotten a free pass from them. He lies everyday about something yet the media doesn’t do their jobs and call him out. A liar is dangerous. Lil Ricky should stick to his everyman address.

41. February 24, 2012 at 11:14 am

This is probably the most important article I’ve read in a long time. If I could I would take out a full page ad for it in the NY Times. We need to print this out and hand it to everyone who doesn’t see a reason to vote. I love Norbrook’s blog, and this is his best.

42. February 24, 2012 at 11:15 am

Catholic Hospitals Have Provided More Than 20K Of The Sterilizations Bishops Oppose

43. February 24, 2012 at 11:38 am

What time is the Romney clown performance today?

44. 193 lovingandlaughing
    February 24, 2012 at 11:42 am

i did not watch the clip of Maher. After reading the comments others have written here I probably should not waste my time since it sounds like it’ll get me all upset. I am still happy to see he donated to the super pac because when we are up against the koch brothers and super pacs that support republicans we will need all the money we can get! i mainly hope his donation encourages many others to do the same.

45. February 24, 2012 at 11:45 am

Good Morning,

Reading this horror story from TX makes my stomach hurt! Why do these women remain silent? What happens to the women and children? Are they forced into prostetution/domestic violence/ drug abuse, illeteracy, etc. etc. Can anything be done for them? Is this really America?

• February 24, 2012 at 12:03 pm

i posted this on a previous thread and in other places and have been surprised by the lack of response. People just seem to be taking it as ‘yeah, it’s a bad bill, I already knew that’. Well I knew it was a bad bill too, but I had really no idea HOW bad. This sounds like something they would have done in Communist Russia or China. It’s horrible to think it’s happening in our country. It’s not just the ultrasound, it’s everything else that goes on because of it. Somehow this article had a more visceral impact on me.

• 197 susanne
      February 24, 2012 at 3:11 pm

you’re absolutely right–this is outrageous. i think many of us are still in shock that these abuses of women’s rights are being rushed through state legislatures. my reaction, which may or may not be typical, is that i’m still drawing in breath, about to scream. just shocked, and gobsmacked and stunned.

we all know about the stages of grief, but there are stages of outrage, too. first shock and disbelief, then info gathering, then planning, then decisive and effective action. (just made that up, but it feels right to me).

the rethugs got the jump on us with these bills, no denying it. and some woman somewhere is right now suffering the consequences. it has to be stopped. meanwhile, getting the word out, as you’re doing, is an essential step in changing this situation. so thanks for sharing that link–it makes the issue crystal clear.

46. February 24, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Good morning Chips and TOD family. Happy Friday!!! I love that video it put a smile on my tired face. This has been a very busy week. I have attended 2 classes to help with election judging. I feel it is so important this year to be active in helping make sure the election is not fixed

47. 199 Claire
    February 24, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I wish they would make that case for the iPad 2. Oh well, the phone case will have to do for now. :) Thanks for the heads up about it.

48. February 24, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Good Afternoon Chips and TOD Family. A beautiful Friday to POB, FLOTUS VPBiden and the entire Administration.HZ