Mar

evening all

Tyler Perry hugs President Barack Obama during a campaign event at Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta, Georgia

First Lady Michelle Obama walks across the tarmac with Megan Soukup, 9, and Joseph Hudella, 10, participants in the Defending the Blue Line program, as she prepares to greet military families at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport in Minneapolis, Minn., March 16, 2012. The First Lady traveled to Minnesota to meet with National Guard families and local community leaders dedicated to supporting military families. (Official White House Photo by Sonya N. Hebert)

First lady Michelle Obama hugs Tracy Clark before the start of a roundtable discussion at the Minnesota Air National Guard base…. Tracy lost her son, Army Pfc. Ryane G. Clark, while he was serving in Afghanistan in 2010

73 Responses to “evening all”

1. 2 ourmanflint
    March 17, 2012 at 12:02 am

YELLOW

2. 7 ourmanflint
    March 17, 2012 at 12:02 am

stupid log in cost me first … Rats

3. 8 ourmanflint
    March 17, 2012 at 12:03 am

congrats Dudette

4. 11 LDS
    March 17, 2012 at 12:04 am

Getting closer……….slowly I turn…..step by step….inch by inch……

• March 17, 2012 at 2:36 am

LDS, you just reminded me of some wonderful memories: there used to be a magic word that would make my dad “turn into a monster” and recite those words while chasing me around the house. For the life of me I can’t remember the magic word, but those were good times. Thank you :)

5. 13 LDS
    March 17, 2012 at 12:05 am

Hmmmmm, Ms. Chips. I think we have a three- way tie here! 12:02, 12:02 and 12:02…….

6. 14 kmackt
    March 17, 2012 at 12:07 am

So glad that the campaign will focus on healthcare

• 15 utaustinliberal
      March 17, 2012 at 4:20 am

Me too. The more one peels back the layers of healthcare, the more one realizes the huge historical barrier that it broke and the plethora of benefits it provides to improve peoples lives.

• 16 57andfemale
      March 17, 2012 at 9:08 am

I completely agree!

7. 20 pinkbunny92
    March 17, 2012 at 12:14 am

Have a good night all! I’m going to be up early tomorrow and stalk TOD to try and be first :-)

8. 28 vitaminlover
    March 17, 2012 at 12:14 am

Atlanta for President Obama there!!!! Hoooraaaayyy.

March 17, 2012 at 2:22 am

I look at that crowd, and now you understand why all of a sudden the Republicans are concern about voter fraud. I mean you understand what they are afraid of, and that is the reason for all these voters ID laws, to try to suppress votes. But I pray it doesn’t work. We can’t let it work. It will be there way of stealing another election ( 2000 ) remember.

• 30 jackiegrumbacher
        March 17, 2012 at 7:26 am

Anniebella, you’re exactly right. The voter suppression laws are driven by fear. They can’t win fairly so they are left to cheat and to steal the election. But we will not let them defeat us. I want to have the biggest voter registration effort in history, especially in the states with suppression laws. I want to do everything on earth we can to get people ready to vote, even if we have to pay to get copies of birth certificates for people and set up regular transportation to the DMV. Then we have to get out the vote in a way we’ve never done before. People often take their right to vote for granted and don’t exercise it. But when that right is threatened as it is now, I think a lot more people are suddenly going to find that voting is important to them and they will fight to retain their rights.

• 32 Dudette
      March 17, 2012 at 1:25 am

Thanks Jovie.

Love you too LDS. I’m responding here so you can still be “last” in the thread. Sleep well. :-)

9. 33 LDS
    March 17, 2012 at 12:47 am

Sweet sleep, TOD family………. Dudette and Ourmanflint, I take a bow and give you your props, too tired, long beautiful day.
    Love you both. I do not usually take bows, since we are family…..congrats!
    Shhhhhhh………….
    Do not want to disturb our Chips from her needed rest that she deserves

It is written: THE LAST SHALL BE FIRST.

10. 34 purpleshoesla
    March 17, 2012 at 1:23 am

What ho TOD night owls! Thank you Ms. Chips for the ACA videos; they are on point and on time. I just forwarded the links above involving the two families to a colleague who now claims to be a “libertarian”, has a toddler (!!)–I know WTF?–and was recently spouting the whole disappointed in PBO not getting the public option crapola to me. My message to them tonight, extricate yourselves from that warped echo chamber you are in, watch these videos and learn the facts for crips sake!!

Also, can I just rant for a bit and say that that insurance companies used to be able to DENY coverage to a child with a common ear infection that was not indicative of a more serious medical condition is BEYOND criminal!! What slimy, f@#$% greedy ass MOFOs.
    Gratitude to our illustrious Prez for expending all that “political blood” in the face of his naysayers, to get these reforms in place doesn’t even begin to cover it. Inhale/exhale woosah!!

11. March 17, 2012 at 1:28 am

Good night, thank you all for all the great post.

12. 36 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    March 17, 2012 at 1:57 am

Just want him to know that he is special … though am sure he realizes that but perhaps hearing something positive from an old white guy will bring a smile to his face. He certainly deserves it.

Good night dear Chips and TODers!

13. 37 anniebella
    March 17, 2012 at 2:10 am

I like you Tyler, but you need to let POTUS give you some advice about neckties. Other then that you’re cool.

March 17, 2012 at 2:16 am

There my FLOTUS is, she and POTUS are so real with kids. You can just imagine the GOP candidates wives, it would be as phony as their husbands are. Looking forward to FLOTUS trip to New York Monday, but the week-end she and POTUS have been doing alot of running, so rest and be with the kids.

March 17, 2012 at 2:11 am

Happy (early) St. Patrick’s Day, everybody!

Being part Irish (the part I identify with), I’ve been looking through some Irish quotes tonight and this one made me laugh, in an Irish kind of way:

“This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever.”
    – Sigmund Freud (speaking about the Irish)

Here’s to the Irish! And to 11/06/12 – a friend of mine sent me a card that says that’ll be the day we (and, figuratively, St. Patrick) will “drive the snakes” out of Washington, D.C. !!! I’m for that.

15. March 17, 2012 at 2:33 am

“We the People,” need to know our,”Top People.” Don’t just want to see the issues as a photo op.But that they actually feel what’s going on in with our country men and how these issues effect them.”I believe that these two do!”And I feel it too!They are the real Macoy!

16. 48 Diane
    March 17, 2012 at 5:54 am

May there always be work for your hands to do,
    May your purse always hold a coin or two.
    May the sun always shine warm on your windowpane,
    May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
    May the hand of a friend always be near you,
    And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

17. 50 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    March 17, 2012 at 7:15 am

TYLER PERRY WAS ONCE HOMELESS…GOD HAS BLESSED HIM WITH WORK TO DO…HAPPY ST.PADDY’S DAY EVERYONE…I AM GOING TO CELEBRATE BY FEEDING THE HOMELESS TODAY…REACH OUT TO A STRANGER AND SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR CHRIST WITH THOSE AROUND YOU WHO COULD USE A HELPING HAND…GOD BLESS OUR PBO AND HIS AMAZING FAMILY…BACK LATER…WHEN ALL IS DONE!…:)

• 51 mtmarilyn
      March 17, 2012 at 8:03 am

Bless you Sue and all you do for the homeless.

Happy St Paddy’s Day Chips and TOD family. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I plan to catch up on housework today is and then we go out to eat tonight.

18. March 17, 2012 at 8:00 am

Really confused about all this logging in business, hope this time works! Love all the health care stories, thanks Ms Chips! Happy St. Pat’s Day everyone.

19. 54 andogriff
    March 17, 2012 at 8:02 am

OOOOH! That was really annoying! : ((

20. 55 Linda
    March 17, 2012 at 8:19 am

Eww….I lasted less than 1 minute on Christ Hayes.

Jodi Kantor again ?

Really Chris ?

Bye…Bye…

21. March 17, 2012 at 8:26 am

On Weekend Today they have Lester Holt interviewing a lady from CNBC—Bertha Coombs?—-who is saying that rising gas prices are going to put a stake in improving economy. They are saying they will continue to rise and could reach $5 a gal. and the public is not used to having to pay that much and it will bring everything to a halt. It looked fake to me, a Repub. designed segment to scare people and put a damper on an improving and increasingly confident economy. Now they’re showing a President Obama tape where he’s mocking all the nutty border fence talk from batty Bachmann & Co., saying ‘maybe they want us to build a moat, a moat with alligators in it…” and showing ranchers in Arizona furious at that statement, saying how the president insulted them and all the border problems they’re dealing with. They had to reach way back to feature this criticism. This whole opening appeared to be an attempt of a corporate takedown of President Obama, at least an attempt to throw a barrel of ice water on increasing Obama enthusiasm.

• 57 jackiegrumbacher
      March 17, 2012 at 9:18 am

They are trying desperately to undermine the good news because they can’t stand it. Notice they did not report the agreement between the US and UK to release petroleum reserves or the decision by Saudi Arabia to pump more oil. It’s all part of a GOP coordinated effort to destroy the economy to bring down one man–the rest of us be damned. The thing about the ranchers in Arizona is stupid. You can always find a few people who are outraged by anything, especially humor. PBO has ensured stronger border protection than any president in recent times and these people are whistling in the wind with this line of criticism. You know they are desperate when they reach for something that hasn’t happened yet, i.e. $5.00 oil; and they drag out a couple of humorless, disgruntled ranchers. There seems to be a segment of the Arizona population that’s perpetually furious.

March 17, 2012 at 8:32 am

And she’s now an “expert” on foreign policy of all things! As I said on Twitter, it seems that the only consistent MSM criteria to qualify as an “expert” in any area is a history of or willingness to bash the Obamas.

March 17, 2012 at 8:32 am

I meant this as a reply to Linda’s comment :)

• 60 Linda
        March 17, 2012 at 8:38 am

Seems to me that the only show left on MSNBC to watch is Martin and a few clips of Ed when he isn’t ranting about something….

Rachel drives me nuts with her 10-15 minute intro to a story….

March 17, 2012 at 8:47 am

You’re right Linda. And lately Ed Schultz has been a little better than he used to be (not sure how long it’ll last). But other than that it’s getting to be ridiculous on MSNBC. These snotty-nosed, pimply-faced children on MSNBC want to dictate foreign policy to our mature adult Commander-in-Chief who has repeatedly DEMONSTRATED incredible judgment and intelligence on this issue. I see that many of my fellow TODers were simply frustrated watching Hayes this morning. Thank goodness my TV remains turned OFF every Saturday and Sunday morning.

• 62 Linda
          March 17, 2012 at 8:48 am

OMG… I can’t believe I forgot about Rev. Al…..shame on me….

23. March 17, 2012 at 8:39 am

Good Morning Family and Happy St. Paddy’s Day!

For those who love Adele. . . here is something a bit different. . .

Have a great day!

24. March 17, 2012 at 8:44 am

I just figured ssomething out! Listening to Ezra Klein, he brings all issues right back to the President, and not in a good light!
    So, he is making it a referendum on this President and not a choice.
    That, is not what we want in this election.
    Thanks, Ezra! Not!

• 65 Linda
      March 17, 2012 at 8:47 am

Turn it off…..they all suck.

March 17, 2012 at 8:49 am

It bothered me very much a few nights ago the way Klein seemed to be almost pimping Mitt Romney. Something just didn’t sit well with me about him during that segment.

25. 69 Linda
    March 17, 2012 at 8:57 am

Found this picture at the Alaska blog I read. It is in response to Silly Sarah saying she wants a brokered Convention.

March 17, 2012 at 9:04 am

Oh great. Ezra Klein (he’s co-hosting this weekend, Chris is off) spouting BS on Up With Chris, Elise Jordan speechwriter of Condi Rice who is praising GWB who invaded the wrong country, and that bitch Jodi Kantor who implied FLOTUS was an angry black woman. “Wonderful” saturday. :roll:

March 17, 2012 at 9:10 am

Klein has been on some strange business all this week. He subbed for Rachel on Wednesday night and he was basically boosting Romney after the humiliating Tuesday night loss of both southern states to loser Santorum. It’s getting to the point where I feel that some of these people in the media in the privacy of the voting booth will pull the lever for Romney or simply not vote – just so that they will have a story the next day. It is becoming increasingly apparent that for them, having a story to write about or to discuss on their lame TV shows is more important than having a democracy that works to the benefit of our country.

When you have Jodi Kantor and Elise Jordan on your show as a credible experts on foreign policy, you’re no longer interested in being a responsible disseminator of facts and solutions to keep voters informed – you’re a demagogue and propagandist.

• 72 Ladyhawke
      March 17, 2012 at 9:14 am

This panel today sucks (except for Nancy Giles). Elise Jordan hit the ground running criticizing President Obama on Afghanistan. Apparently, she has selective amnesia about how GWB mishandled Afghanistan. And Ezra Klein is a real disappointment.