Mar

‘thank you’

Distriction.com: Stephon stood just a few feet away from Barack Obama. The president, busy shaking hands, looked right at him. “It was like he was waiting for me to say something,” he said later.

So the 26-year-old Prince George’s Community College student took his cue and spoke to President Obama in his first language: American Sign Language. “I am proud of you,” Stephon signed. The president, almost involuntary, instinctively, immediately signed back.

“Thank you,” Obama replied.

This is one of those moments that humanize the office of the presidency…..

Stephon: “The moment I will never forget was when he looked at me. He gave me a chance to talk to him. It was like he was waiting for me to say something. I took the moment and signed “I am proud of you,” and his response was “Thank u” in sign language back! Oh my gosh! I was like wow! He understood me after I said I was proud of him. It was so amazing…I was just speechless. Right after he thanked me, he smiled at another deaf lady who signed “I love you.” When I shook his hand it did not feel like he was superior to me. He was just a humble man. I am just impressed by him and know that he will have my vote and he will win second term without a doubt. Yeah, I feel safe to have him for another term.”

More here

Visit Stephon’s YouTube channel here

Thanks again Meta

297 Responses to “‘thank you’”

1. 1 COS
    March 20, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Good evening Chips and friends.

2. 4 aristac
    March 20, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Love seeing the Irish today

3. 5 andogriff
    March 20, 2012 at 9:18 pm

What a wonderful moment, so incredibly moving! I am passing this one around. Thanks Ms Chips!

4. 6 Hachikō
    March 20, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Beautiful. A simple gesture that means so much – and not just to this young man – but the deaf community as a whole. I love our President for so many reasons, but mostly because he loves all of us.

March 20, 2012 at 11:00 pm

WORD! With an emphasis on ‘ALL’, and it shows!

March 20, 2012 at 11:20 pm

I agree so much. A beautiful gesture, a fine young man, a beautiful President, we love him back!

And I would never have known any of it tonight, if I hadn’t logged on TOD. Thanks again, Chips, for everything you do!

• March 20, 2012 at 11:25 pm

My pleasure Jacqueline, but we have Meta to thank for the follow-up story on that video, it’s a complete gem.

March 21, 2012 at 10:08 am

Thanks – and thanks to you, dear Meta! I’m sure none of us will forget that one for a good while.

• 11 Pamela
        March 20, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Hi JO’B… Have you any idea of the whereabouts of our Helene..with an H…. From the early OFA blog? I sent her some WFO goodies and hoping they reached her in Paris.

March 21, 2012 at 10:07 am

Pamela – She and I have been in touch every now and then through the many years (I love her!), but she didn’t respond to my last email a while ago. Let me try again, to tell her we miss her!

5. 13 Proud Former White House Intern
    March 20, 2012 at 9:19 pm

He is awesome!

6. 14 aristac
    March 20, 2012 at 9:19 pm

I wonder if he learned sign language from Michelle?

7. March 20, 2012 at 9:21 pm

I love him even more!

March 20, 2012 at 9:23 pm

so spontaneous.

9. 33 Dudette
    March 20, 2012 at 9:24 pm

That ‘s simply the coolest President ever! This story needs some exposure too. Imagine the number of people it would inspire to learn ASL? I’m one of them!

• 34 yardarm756
      March 20, 2012 at 9:42 pm

It turned on the water works over here. Talk about ambivalence. Trayvon now this……Worst than a roller coaster.

• 36 vitaminlover
      March 20, 2012 at 10:49 pm

What does this couple NOT know? My goodness! They know sign language too. I am just so amazed and in awe of them! My mother has a deaf brother and she knows sign language so this will make her day. I think that President and First Lady Obama are geniuses.

• March 20, 2012 at 11:40 pm

This is … well, I am at a loss for a word to describe how wonderful it is to have a President and First Lady like them … I mean sign language, both of them, effortlessly, spontaneously? My son asked … “is there anything this man cannot do?” For me, it is what he does do and most of it revolves around caring for people. He really cares and so does Michelle. It shows. And genuine caring cannot be faked. You can feel it. I am so proud. I know that the other leaders of the world respect this man. To not elect him again would not set well with them. It feels as though he really is striving toward world peace (I know that seems like a beauty pageant cliche, but it may not be).

• 38 Dudette
        March 21, 2012 at 1:28 am

“…he really is striving toward world peace (I know that seems like a beauty pageant cliche… ”

Yeh, but how many pageant contestants have an actually won a Nobel Peace Prize? :-)

10. 39 isonprize
    March 20, 2012 at 9:24 pm

It’s ON in PENNSYLVANIA!!! This lame-ass Governor of ours (Gov. CUT IT Corbett) has pushed for and won a new law that, for the first time, makes all voters (not just first time voters) show a government issued ID to vote this coming November.

The state is making State issued IDs free, but getting the birth certificate or replacing the lost SS card to GET that ID is going to be the problem. US passports are accepted, but they aren’t cheap to get.

WE HAVE OUR WORK CUT OUT FOR US!!

Enouraging news, though. Virginia has even more onerous “anti” voter ID and we won VIRGINIA. So WE WILL DO THIS!!!

OBAMA/BIDEN 2012~~

WE WILL WIN.

• 40 Ladyhawke
      March 20, 2012 at 9:34 pm

I keep hoping that the concerted effort by the Republican Party to DISENFRANCHISE voters will have the opposite effect. Wouldn’t it be fantastic if the result of all of these laws to make voting more difficult made the American people wake up and cherish this right that people gave their lives for? No one in the country can afford to sit on the sidelines in 2012. This election is too important. There is time to work hard and comply with the voter id laws that are already in place. No one should be putting off getting registered. Simply put, if you don’t vote, you don’t matter.

1) You Don’t Vote? You Don’t Matter. Period.

2) GottaRegister

• 41 jackiegrumbacher
      March 20, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Isonprize, it’s worse than that. The non driver photo IDs are NOT free unless you specifically ask for an affidavit that affirms you won’t use the ID for anything but voting. So you have to know to ask. Otherwise, you have to pay $13.50, which is the price you see when you go to the DMV, but only a check or money order is accepted. If you are a married women, you’d better be sure to bring your marriage license or you may be sent home to get it. College students must have a photo Id with an expiration date (few colleges and universities do, including Penn State), or, you will be turned away from the polls. This expiration date nonsense is also required for seniors in elder care facilities. All of these requirements are a violation of HAVA (Helping America Vote Act) which says that any voter can present two forms of non-photo IDs at the polls, such as a utility or tax bill. State laws are not supposed to override federal laws, but that’s what the state is doing. We will fight this at every level. Register people as never before, make sure everyone is completely informed and gets the appropriate IDS and support legal action against the state.

• 42 nathkatun7
        March 21, 2012 at 1:40 am

Thanks for all you are doing. Thank God this is not something we have to focus our energy on in California. I think OFA, and DNC should set up a special fund to assist people to get IDs. I personally would be glad to contribute to that fund. I am also hoping that the laws suits will succeed in nullifying this law by invoking the “supremacy clause” of Article VI of the U.S. Constitution. The “supremacy clause” clearly states that in case of conflict between a national (federal) law and a state law, the national prevails.

• 43 jackiegrumbacher
          March 21, 2012 at 7:42 am

Thank you for that reference, Nath. I was trying to remember what article of the Constitution addressed this issue. There are many groups exploring the legal angle, especially because the PA bill is loaded with landmines for voters who may not read and understand the fine print. Unlike any other bill this was sent directly out to the public with no state agency to provide rules and regulations that make clear what each provision means. The result is mass confusion and a greater likelihood that the bill will be misinterpreted by poll workers to the disadvantage of voters. The fact that colleges and elder care facilities now have to assume the cost of recreating photo IDs is also a problem for a bill that was pushed on the basis that it would not cost money to vote. For four years, the PA governor served as AG of the state and was a state’s attorney for years before that. Yet he never prosecuted a single person who committed voter fraud. Now the ” voter fraud” situation is so urgent he has to bypass all the normal forms of pubic protection from a badly written bill to ram this outrageous act on the public in time for the November election. This stinks to high heaven.

• 44 edp4bho
            March 21, 2012 at 9:42 am

Good morning Jackie. I’m here in Pennsyltucky too, and feel your anger as well. I was listening to the DA in Philly, who says that even passports are not legal proof enough to vote. Huh? I will be going over some of the rules and regulations, and also the state attempt to override this rule. So glad you brought this here, as a reminder. I’m also looking for a group to join other than OFA on this matter. We have until next Monday or Tuesday to be registered for the primary, the new law will be used as a test run for the general. And I so pray for the destruction of the GOP.

• 45 Waltjack
      March 21, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I wonder if my military ID will work?

11. 47 collegekay
    March 20, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I am so thrilled for that young man.

PBO is amazing. I mean really.. you only get human beings like him once in a generation. I’m glad I’ve had the privilege of meeting him. He is truly a gem and I am not just saying that either. I cried for a half hour after I touched him for the first time.

12. 48 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    March 20, 2012 at 9:27 pm

These are inextricably linked:

No war with Iran and finally facing the unfinished Republic-building that did not happen in 1865, and clearly evidenced by the past 3+ years is FAR from finished, are what’s at stake on 6 Nov 2012.

Make no mistake. It is not hyperbole. What happens on 6 Nov 2012 determines the fate not only of the American Dream but humanity on this planet.

Make no mistake. It is not hyperbole. It is OUR RESPONSIBILITY.

Yes We Can … DO More Together!

#AmericaThisIsNotATest

13. 59 Pamela
    March 20, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Honey! I’m home! AND I have the DAY OFF tomorrow! I shall intend to spend a large chunk of time right here with all my TODOBot family! What a week!

March 20, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Thank you, meta. I saw this yesterday, and it made me smile. I simply adore this man…and all he is. I’m so touched by Stephon’s words and recalling this meeting with the President. These are the kinds of things that most of America has NO IDEA about PBO. They should.

15. March 20, 2012 at 9:36 pm

WordPress you are being a real dick right now. grrr….

16. March 20, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Thank you, Chips. It’s so wonderful to see how President Obama moves different people in different ways, always with respect and dignity. Beautiful man.

17. March 20, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Anybody know how many votes the President got from his Home State?
    I hope he got more than Robney?

18. March 20, 2012 at 9:43 pm

OMG. Anyone listening to Ricky?

19. March 20, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Santorum was down 4 points on Friday and now he is down 20 points. Wow! Santorum still thinks he is running for Senate.

• 98 amk for obama
      March 20, 2012 at 9:55 pm

• March 20, 2012 at 9:57 pm

I didn’t last long. Changed channel. Maybe because I’m still sick……can’t listen to the “junk.” No patience.

I am improved but still sick and quite weak.

• 100 Pamela
        March 20, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Good thing you changed it, tnmtngirl, if you weren’t already feeling unwell, you surely would be had you kept listening. These people spread dis-ease and spiritual infection with every breath.

20. March 20, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Wednesday Mar. 21, 2012
    9:40 AM
    Obama departs the White House en route Joint Base Andrews.
    9:55 AM
    Obama departs Joint Base Andrews en route Las Vegas, Nev.
    2:40 PM
    Obama arrives Las Vegas, Nev.
    4:10 PM
    Obama tours Copper Mountain Solar 1 Facility.
    5:50 PM
    Obama departs Las Vegas, Nev. en route Roswell, N.M.
    7:00 PM
    Biden delivers remarks at “A Century of Service,” hosted by the Bipartisan Policy Center.
    8:15 PM
    Obama delivers remarks on the Administration’s commitment to expanding domestic oil and gas production.
    9:35 PM
    Obama departs Roswell, N.M. en route Oklahoma City, Okla.
    10:50 PM
    Obama arrives Oklahoma City, Okla.

March 20, 2012 at 9:57 pm

I now see that Romney and Santorum hired Palin to write their speech. Full of word salad only an illiterate would pen.

22. 106 japa21
    March 20, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Looking at that video I wonder if we will ever have a President who isn’t arrogant, aloof. You know, if we will ever have someone who connects on a human level with people.

Oh what, we do? Gee, Faux News tells me we don’t and you know they never lie.

March 20, 2012 at 9:58 pm

yet another mehmney win under 50%. what a pathetic “presumptive nominee” of a “front-runner”.

March 20, 2012 at 10:19 pm

And he outspent loser Santorum by more than $100 million in ads. Mehmney should be getting at least 80% of the darn vote.

24. 115 isonprize
    March 20, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I still can’t listen to the 911 tapes of Trayvon’s last minutes on this earth.

The following is the best thing I have read to express the enormous weight of how and what I have been feeling about the whole situation.
    If you have a moment, read it all the way through. Danielle Belton writes at “The Black Snob”

No Apologizes: On The Killing of Trayvon Martin And Being “Good”

25. March 20, 2012 at 10:02 pm

The Black Snob did a very powerful piece about Trayvon Martin:

No Apologizes: On The Killing of Trayvon Martin And Being “Good”

In the tragic murder of Trayvon Martin, there’s no safe place. There’s no real excuse to cling to. None of the usual dismissals work or fit. It’s just bad. Real bad. And sits there and stares at you with it’s cruelty and unfairness and ugliness and says, “Take this.”

Take this load. And pick it up.

Just take it. And accept it. And choke back the lumps in your throat. As it has happened before. And it will happen again. And again you will be told to “take this.”

Take this burden and just accept it as your burden. It’s just “how it is.” You’re all statistics. Take these statistics. And black people get shot everywhere everyday by everyone. Police. Non-police. Crazy people. Bigots. Their parents. Other kids. Just take it. It’s part of your Life In America, Black People. Accept this tragedy and go through the motions of appealing to people’s decency and demanding justice and having protests and press conferences and crying and asking why and demanding answers and then eventually getting that bad dead cold thing that just sits there and says, “Take this.”

Here’s your load. Pick it up.

Pass it along to the children, so they can carry a bit of it too. Let it weigh down on their worlds. Let it rob them of their childhood and innocence. Tell them to take it, so they grow up faster and accept the unfairness in life and just give up.

• 119 itgurl_29
      March 20, 2012 at 10:04 pm

That was incredibly powerful.

• 120 japa21
        March 20, 2012 at 10:25 pm

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way. The fact that Trayvon was black is obviously part of the story and it is obvious to all but the most dense thatZimmerman was an unmitigated racist. But I would hope that the outrage we all feel would be the same no matter what the race of the offender or the victim was. This shameful law is an attack on the whole human race. It allows somebody to shoot somebody just because they don’t like them and can say they felt threatened. Followed to its logical conclusion, there can be ultimat justification for any murder.

• March 20, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Yes, there have been all kinds of atrocities/crimes since this law was enacted in Florida. I heard a discussion today where lawyers said most of the time they can’t even charge because a crime is almost impossible to prove under this law, especially if there are no witnesses. The perpetrator can just say he felt threatened—–and that gives him a license to kill. It’s the most insane law ever. Rubio was one who voted for it, signed into law by Jeb Bush. And the other states which have this same law need to be pushed to make changes. It’s barbarian, uncivilized, wild west. It’s making murder excusable.

• March 20, 2012 at 10:46 pm

I know what you mean Japa, and it’s beyond my comprehension how someone as evidently unstable as this guy could be allowed own a gun. But there’s just no doubt, listening to those tapes, that racial prejudice, to put it mildly, was his particular motivation. If it was a white kid this wouldn’t have happened. And the police lies and reluctance to charge him are the key issues in all of this.

But, definitely, people of every race are victims of disgustingly lax laws that allow creatures like Zimmerman own guns and take lives. It’s depressing beyond belief.

• 123 isonprize
            March 20, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Thank you, Chica. You expressed it better than I could. The point that it happens is bad enough. The extra added point of a sweet-faced brown boy, yet again, being a victim, is just horrid. And unfortunately the outrage ISN’T the same when victims are different colors, races, etc. That’s part of the point.

I’m tired. Just so tired of the injustices. I’ll march, I’ll protest, I’ll testify, I’ll organize, but right now? I’m just tired.

• 124 yardarm756
          March 21, 2012 at 12:21 am

As a Black man I’ve lived under the weight of possible violence against my person all my life. It was part of my DNA.. It has determined where I could go and when. There were times that I made a wrong time in the wrong town and found myself in Trayvons situation. While this was happening to me, there were no laws, If one wanted to kill a n*^$$#r it was perfectly airight in some states.
          These gun laws have been passed to help sustain that white privilege.
          “Opinions founded on prejudice are always sustained with the greatest of violence”.
          Francis Jeffrey (1773 – 1850)
          How many more must die?

• 125 lexusv
          March 21, 2012 at 12:47 am

Japa21, I have empathy for anyone hurting and destroyed,, and I am sure that if the rolls were reversed I would feel the same outrage….thing is…it never happens to anyone but us….my brotha’s :O( there was a man (AA) that shot and killed two young white men a few years ago for something that had went down seriously between them…don’t remember the whole story :O( But time again we hear of this type story. It hurts and it is very disheartening.

• 126 miss pat
            March 21, 2012 at 11:59 am

You are so right. My son is 42 and I still worry about him although he is working and contributing to society, he can still be pulled over and shot because he is Black. My grandson is 12 and I worry about him too. Every time something like this happens some want to bring up this “if this was the other race.” Zimmerman called the young man a coon before he killed him.
            How often are white boys killed just for going to the store for candy and iced tea? Never. I remember sitting down in my son’s classroom on Open School night and hearing the white teacher telling the white boys parents that their sons were going to college. He didn’t say that about my son. But I told him he was going when we were walking home that night. And he did, I made sure he did.

• 127 geeja
              March 21, 2012 at 2:48 pm

It is not just the men Miss Pat. A few years ago my sister and I attended a Women’s National Bowling Tournament in Michingan. Our hotel was in a little suburb called Canton. My then 56 year old sister and I (51 at the time) were pulled over for “driving funny”. We were looking for an address at night and the didn’t know how to work the gps. We were detained and had no less than 5 other cars with lights flashing behind the asshole officer who interrogated us but couldn’t help us find our destination. I never in a million years dreamed that either of us would ever have a brush with the law. I was an MP in the Army Security Agency during the Viet Nam era and and currently working for the Federal Government part time. We were simply guilty of DWB.

• 128 miss pat
                March 21, 2012 at 4:54 pm

So sorry this happened to you. Only people that experience things like this can understand I live in Harlem, New York and do not wish to live anywhere else. Yet they are moving up here. If we are so bad why are they building million dollar townhouses for them? And why do they want to live beside us?
                I wouldn’t feel safe anywhere but here and there are some states I wouldn’t drive through much less stop. Anything could have have happened to you that night. You served your country and that’s the thanks you get. But, the more things change the more they remain the same. I just pray, pray hard and leave everything to God.

26. 129 nintendowii10
    March 20, 2012 at 10:02 pm

OK, I went over to FauxNews website, curious to see the comments about the Trayvon Martin tragedy. A few comments are actually holding Faux to task for not reporting the story, while a few Faux trolls want Faux to focus on the President’s daughter’s visit to Mexico. It really angers me when quite a few people in this nation STILL are more concerned about attempting to one up the President for sending his daughter on a trip to Mexico than about the murder of an innocent 17 year old boy by a zealot with a gun.

• 130 PamfromCalif
      March 21, 2012 at 2:40 am

Especially that the trip to Mexico was a school sponsored trip. You are more brave than me; I can’t watch FOX without getting a headache.

27. 131 joyce
    March 20, 2012 at 10:03 pm

hello everyone
    Is it just me, but do anyone else notice how the supposed “supporters” around Mitt seems so fake also. I keep thinking that they maybe are paid to act as if they like him. just saying

28. 135 collegekay
    March 20, 2012 at 10:04 pm

so mehmney (hi amk lol) won? oh.

29. March 20, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Mitt Mania:

Supporters of Mitt Romney wait for his arrival during an Illinois GOP primary celebration party at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel, March 20, 2012 in Shaumburg, Illinois.

March 20, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Look at them! Clueless sheeple

• 138 Chi
        March 21, 2012 at 6:12 am

They are driven not by their faith in or love and respect of the candidate they’ve been force-fed…

But by their blinding and unfounded hate of the dignified, brilliant and caring black man who currently occupies the White House and who they not only want to see defeated, but humiliated by any means possible…

What they fail to understand, besides other glaring facts of course, is that President Obama unlike Romney and the rest, actually cares about them, their families and their futures…

And even more lost on them…?

The fact that this great man Barack Obama will not and cannot ever be humiliated…

An intrinsically decent and dignified man so evolved and so steeped in and guided by a self-imposed discipline and humility and a deep sense of self and worth…

A man so above petty overblown self-importance and self-promotion, false pride and the attendant knee- jerk responses that most people who fall prey succumb to and eventually suffer through…

The typical catalyst for such mind-based torture arising from a mostly exaggerated sense of public and private degradation, shame, disgrace…which after all is really what ‘humiliation’ is…

Try as they may, win or lose (God forbid), none of these adjectives will ever describe this infinitely superior, magnificent and exceptional human being…

• 140 collegekay
      March 20, 2012 at 10:22 pm

meh’s supporters look so meh

March 20, 2012 at 10:24 pm

The guy in the olive shirt looks real psyched to be there. Can’t wait to see Mitt’s face.

• 142 lovingandlaughing
      March 21, 2012 at 9:32 am

Oh mittmania is still going strong! much too funny! i think we need al of these mitt mania images put together in a coffee table book!

March 20, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Question: What are the connecting threads between these two recent Mitt Romney news items:the announcement that he’s not enrolling in Medicare, and the revelation that Bain Capital helped him make money helping the Chinese government spy on its people?

Answer: They’re both covert attacks on innocent civilians, and they’re both based on Romney’s own deceptions.

31. March 20, 2012 at 10:25 pm

The look on PBO’s face when he realize that the kid is deaf and talking to him in Sign Language just melts my heart. So much compassion, so much empathy. What an amazing man.

• 145 japa21
      March 20, 2012 at 10:31 pm

For some reason that just triggered a really strange thought. Last night Letterman and FLOTUS were talking about BO, and it is obvious that she and the whole fmily really love BO. I wish, knowing Lettrman’s feelings on the subject, that he had asked her something like this, “I just have to ask you, would you ever put Bo on the top of your car when you were driving someplace?” The audience would have gone crazy

• March 20, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Oh flip, that would have been just perfect. Damn you Letterman for missing the opportunity!

March 20, 2012 at 10:41 pm

LOL! I wish he had asked her that question. PPP is now polling a question about dogs I see…dogs will play a huge role in this year’s election.

• March 20, 2012 at 10:46 pm

But he did tell her “I hope you’ll come back after the election”. :) She didn’t hear him…;) He was totally in love with her. She is amazing.

• March 20, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Especially since Letterman has been doing a sad Seamus joke every night. I had to laugh the other night—-he did a segment called “What is Mitt Romney’s Dog tied to now?” and they showed a cartoon vid of poor Seamus tied to the top of the St. Louis arch, sadly and plaintively howling up there. It was sad and funny. The real Seamus story was just sad.

• March 20, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Hiya BWD, there’ve been so many amazing moments captured in videos and photos over the past few years, but I don’t think anything will ever beat this. It’s beyond special.

• 156 Cathy from MN
      March 20, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Just saying…. ;-)

• 157 Dudette
      March 21, 2012 at 2:25 am

Hey, is there an OFA branch at Galludet University? They should see this!

32. March 20, 2012 at 10:29 pm

They’re talking about all the shenanigans in the Repub delegate count on L O’D—–states are adding and subtracting after the fact, adding someone here, subtracting someone there, shifting people around all over the place, changing their minds. It’s been a real messy process, these Republican primaries, and does not instill confidence in the integrity of the whole process. And the well-known Repub stronghold, DuPage County in Illinois, had designed ballots for today that were too wide for the vote counting scanners. Whoops! How is that even possible? How dumb do you have to be? I have a hard time trusting any of them.
    And I wanted to slap Mittens’ face with his nasty comments tonight, ridiculing President Obama as a constitutional law professor and as a community organizer, belittling him—- and all the mean-spirited willard supporters meangirl laughing their heads off at his infantile berating.and mockery. Double/Triple/Quadruple Ugh!

March 20, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Willard is an UGLY man. A very ugly human being. Anyone who is rooting for him to win this November needs to have their head as well as their soul examined.

• 160 Pamela
        March 20, 2012 at 10:56 pm

HF, what creeps me out is to hear some going on and on about his ‘great hair’… Effing, yuck, his hair is revolting. Having said that, if people want to see GREAT HAIR, please look closely at Timothy Geithner, now that is some very handsome hair on a man’s head!

March 20, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Nate Silver is really irritating with his nonstop arse-kissing of Mehmney.

OH PLEASE – spare us all.

• March 20, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Actually his percentage keeps going down—–as downstate votes come in——46 the last I checked. Hardly “a big win”.

• 164 57andfemale
        March 21, 2012 at 8:04 am

Mitt Romney won IL against Santorum, Gingrich and Paul. Stop the presses. And still couldn’t break 50%.

Remember Il was a rust belt state that DIDN’T vote ina RWNJ governor in 2010.

• 165 Chi
      March 21, 2012 at 6:18 am

At this point, Nate Silver can go lick up Shamus’ distress induced poop…

34. 166 smoothscotch
    March 20, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Hey TOD family members, I was speaking to an American client today in my country, (who was more interested in raging about his fellow Americans than listening to what I had to say). He is extremely upset at the way they are “dogging” the President. He still has a lot of family there, I think Tennesse (sp) area and just outside of Washington, so I asked him if they vote, he said HELL YEAH, then I said, and they will be voting for PBO right? his response, DAMN STRAIGHT.

35. 169 #1 obama fan
    March 20, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Goodness i love Our First Family..What will we do after 2016 without the Obama’s in the W.H ? I am so incredibly proud of this amazing couple..May God continue to bless and keep them

36. March 20, 2012 at 10:48 pm

I am glad our little Malia is safe and sound. Great that she has the opportunity to do a service project in Mexico. It would be hypocritical of the Obama’s to ask others to do service and not allow the girls to do the same. If not for the earthquake we never would have known, and really isn’t that what service is all about.

March 20, 2012 at 10:50 pm
      March 20, 2012 at 11:02 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA That’s exactly what he must have done. And he messed up his own joke which was already stupid to begin with. He’s trying to copy PBO by interspersing periods of jocularity in his speeches – MAJOR MEHMNEY FAIL!!!!

Every night before Romney goes to bed, his coaches force him to read and memorize one chapter of “How to Copy Barack Obama on the Campaign Trail.”

• 175 a4alice
      March 20, 2012 at 11:42 pm

too funny. must RT

• 176 Dudette
      March 21, 2012 at 12:43 am

ROFL!!! Oh my stomach hurts from laughing at that one! ::-)

• 177 miss pat
      March 21, 2012 at 12:23 pm

He didn’t pay them. Ann gave them a ride in one of her cadillacs or he strapped them to the roof of his luxury car. That’s payment enough for them.

38. March 20, 2012 at 10:59 pm

I love the irish PM. he is so well spoken and obviously admires PBO. What a great 24 hours for Barak and Michelle Obama

March 20, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Leaders abroad love our President and FLOTUS. And even those that don’t like him want to be him (e.g., Nut n Yahoo).

39. 180 globalcitizenlinda
    March 20, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Yes, I knew before today that Mrs Michelle Obama knows American Sign Language. But I must admit that I did not know that President Obama knows American Sign Language. How cool is that!!

What in the world does this First Couple not know how to do???

40. 184 carolyn
    March 20, 2012 at 11:05 pm

I was glad that Brian Williams said tonight that Malia was on a service project with her school. If anyone derides her trip…..tell them that! They can find the section on the website.

41. March 20, 2012 at 11:07 pm
    • March 20, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Good. Grief. So he’s now pandering to the ‘education-is-a-bad-thing’ section of the GOP? Oh boy.

• 191 Pamela
        March 20, 2012 at 11:23 pm

No worries Myth, disdain is a weak description of what they feel for you…

• 192 jackiegrumbacher
          March 21, 2012 at 8:02 am

It amazes me how these Republican candidates just toss away categories of people with their disdain, bigotry and pandering–women, minorities, the elderly on Medicare and SS, the poor on Medicaid (destined to lie on hammocks if their health needs are met),the poor, teachers, public employees of any sort, union members, scientists and now professors. There has never been a single person or category of person that PBO has disdained in his life. He reaches out to everyone even those who oppose or hate him. There could not be a more dramatic contrast. This alone should disqualify any of the GOP candidates for national leadership. You don’t pick and choose the people you want to govern. You govern everybody with justice and liberty for all.

• 193 nathkatun7
      March 21, 2012 at 3:08 am

May be Willard “Mitt” Romney’s “disdain” for professors has to do with the fact that some of them flunked him because he lied and cheated on his papers and exams; just as he lies repeatedly on the campaign trail. By the way, do these right wingers, such as Romney and Santorum, “disdain” right wing professors? I can list hundreds of right wing professors who have been instrumental in shaping the right wing ideology. As a matter of fact, some of my professors in College were right wing conservatives, who despised JFK, LBJ and George McGovern.

Surely, then, both Romney and Santorum know that not all professors are liberals. Obviously, their intent in voicing their disdain of professors is to pander to the less educated whites in order to induce them to resent educated blacks, like President Obama and First Lady, Michelle Obama. Only an idiot can take the Harvard educated, Willard “Mitt” Romney, seriously when he proclaims: “I disdain professors!” And only and Idiot can take Rick Santorum, a highly educated lawyer, seriously when he calls educated people snobs. Neither the multimillionaire Romney, nor the perpetual politician, Santorum, ever worked as manual laborers in their lifetimes. As for Romney, every one knows that he is a child of privilege. May be Willard “Mitt” Romney is so privileged that he doesn’t even know that the vast majority of professors come from middle class and working class backgrounds.

March 20, 2012 at 11:09 pm

She is going to KICK HIS ASS!

TPMLivewire
    10:44 PM EST
    Tammy Duckworth Wins House Primary, To Face GOP Rep. Joe Walsh In November

43. March 20, 2012 at 11:09 pm
  44. March 20, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Someone needs to advise Jesse Jackson Jr. to not refer to himself in the 3rd person. Not cool.

45. 208 a4alice
    March 20, 2012 at 11:14 pm

the story on top is very moving – and FLOTUS knows sign? that’s incredible! I’m going to email this to my friend who is hearing impaired and uses sign.

46. 209 LDS
    March 20, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Amen, HF, they do not know how to “hate”. One word so profound.
    These last couple of days have been a challenge for me due to the death of Trayvon Martin. I have two grown men and they have sons. And it hurts, the pain and worry no parents should have to go through when you raise your kid to be “good”.
    Knowing that our First Family sign made me smile. I knew FLOTUS but POB was a delight.

I am learning myself and my five-year-old grandson is being taught in school. I shudder to think if they were approached by some crazy racist had a gun and unleashed their hate because they could not speak. I wait in peace for the smile on my face tech my heart.
    I need your prayers, TOD family. Thank you.

47. March 20, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Oh ugh—local Chgo news has Joe Walsh in studio—–why? They said Duckworth said that he was a big part of the problem in Washington, bringing everything to halt, refusing to do anything, and they asked if he would be willing to change his manner if he was re-elected (horrors). He said, “Oh gosh no”. He keeps saying “Oh gosh no” to everything. He said he was challenging Duckworth to monthly debates and he “was going to grab her hand” and go district to district so the voters could see who really cares about the very serious issues like the gigantic debt and this being the most important election in our lifetime and blah blah blah. I’m sure Tammy will let him “grab her hand”. Ha! The news anchors pushed back, saying for our govt. to work at all, you eventually have to compromise to get something done. Walsh said, “Oh gosh no” again, cockily. He is the sickest piece of work I have ever seen. He’s off his rocker. And he will be gone.

48. 211 mtmarilyn
    March 20, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Good evening Chips and all! On such days that I can only read and not comment I am so thankful for all here. It is still so hard to keep up with all the info! I feel I have missed so much the last few days. Work is a #itch when it interfers with keeping up with the President here. I am suppose to be retired but all those little jobs I have on the side are starting to become work. Oh well, I can’t complain with the extra money.

I love reading about all the POTUS and FLOTUS.

Words cannot express how I feel about Trayvon. My heart is sick. How has America become like this. I don’t interact much but I do retweeting and passing on information. That is what this site is so great at. Thanks Chips and everyone!

49. 214 LDS
    March 20, 2012 at 11:38 pm

Sorry, to reach my heart……hate is not an option. It spreads too quickly.

50. 215 meabloom
    March 20, 2012 at 11:38 pm

For those of us who missed the White House St. Patrick’s Day reception it’s been uploaded on YouTube.

51. 217 auni
    March 20, 2012 at 11:55 pm

I saw the picture of that lovely glass bowl with the green arrangement. Was it a gift for the President?

March 20, 2012 at 11:58 pm

I’m very tired so I’m going to turn in. Who knows, i might have to work tomorrow. Good Night Chips and TODville! Sweet dreams. VC

• 221 Pamela
      March 21, 2012 at 12:09 am

You rest up now for the big day on Thursday, who knows what our Chips might find in her oven that morning! Best to be prepared! ;)

March 20, 2012 at 11:58 pm

with 98% in, mehmney doesn’t cross the 50% threshold. Yet again. What a great victory for the presumptive nominee.

March 21, 2012 at 12:06 am

Another sick rantorum gem – Conservatives should ‘line up behind us’.

• 224 Liberal Librarian
      March 21, 2012 at 12:07 am

Do I have to take a shot? I think I have to take a shot.

• 225 57andfemale
        March 21, 2012 at 12:13 am

I’m drinking tequila and soda. Is that what you meant?

• 226 Liberal Librarian
          March 21, 2012 at 12:17 am

I’m drinking light tonight: a good sauvignon blanc I picked up on my last wine tasting trip.

• 227 57andfemale
            March 21, 2012 at 12:23 am

Sounds good.

• 228 nathkatun7
            March 21, 2012 at 3:38 am

Bravo, LL! I love wine! I hope that your drinking a glass of sauvignon blanc means that you are feeling better than yesterday. By the way, I am a strong believer in the health benefits of red wine. Every time i feel like I am catching a cold I drink a glass or two of red wine, and I always get better. Of course it doesn’t work as well when it comes to allergies and sinus infections.

55. 229 Liberal Librarian
    March 21, 2012 at 12:06 am

Ugh, had to mute the tv when BBC played Mehmney’s (Hi AMK!!) speech. I used to do that all the time with GWB. I think I loathe Mittens worse.

56. 230 57andfemale
    March 21, 2012 at 12:11 am

According to the Chicago Board of Elections:

Democratic votes cast: 25,524
    Republican votes cast: 4,004 (!)
    green party: 10

Voting turnout in Chicago: 2.29%

57. 231 Liberal Librarian
    March 21, 2012 at 12:11 am

Ah yes, now the Tories are cutting taxes for the top earners. That’s worked so well here.

58. 232 lisalovesobama
    March 21, 2012 at 12:13 am

You and me both. That man is vile. The worse you could say about W was that he’s stupid. Willard is sheer evil. Probably has a portrait in his attic rotting away.

• 233 lisalovesobama
      March 21, 2012 at 12:19 am

Re Lib Lib’s comment about muting Mehmney.

• 234 Liberal Librarian
        March 21, 2012 at 12:23 am

Although I do believe evil does exist in the world—I’m kind of a Jungian in that regard—I’m loathe to accuse people too freely of it. But Romney epitomizes the very banality of evil, in the way that he’s jettisoned every moral precept for the goal of attaining power. It’s truly frightening.

• 235 Chi
          March 21, 2012 at 6:33 am

One can only jettison stuff they actually possessed to begin with…

It is clear Romney never had any ‘moral precepts’ …

He obviously played at having a bit and continued to ‘suggest’ vestiges of it here and there….

But as we poked harder, his whole facade continues to fall apart right before us…

What we are left with is a hollow, shallow, vile, heartless shell of a man…

• 237 57andfemale
      March 21, 2012 at 12:21 am

This.

59. 238 57andfemale
    March 21, 2012 at 12:15 am

My best friend just called me to say she hates Republicans. I already knew that.

60. 239 Dudette
    March 21, 2012 at 12:18 am

Ha ha ha!!! Gail Collins is on Letterman telling the Seamus story (again)!!! LOL!!!

• March 21, 2012 at 12:21 am

Doing a whole segment on Romney’s shameful treatment of Seamus. Letterman just said he’d like to see the guy (Romney) arrested.

• 241 Dudette
      March 21, 2012 at 12:22 am

Btw, for those who don’t know, she has created something of a cottage-industry for herself, writing about the dog-on-the-roof in more than 40 of her NY Times columns. There’s apparently a backlash of certain people who want her to stop writing about it (I say, fuck ‘em). Now she’s on Letterman talking about it. Ha ha ha ha! I LOVE IT!!

• 242 lisalovesobama
      March 21, 2012 at 12:24 am

Poor Seamus. But I still love that story! Nothing more clearly depicts Willard’s character than that story. It’s such a horrible thing to do. WTH?! :roll:

• 243 Dudette
        March 21, 2012 at 12:32 am

Exactly! I’m laughing because she (and Dave) have been wearing Romney’s ass out over this reprehensible incident. People want them to shut up about it, but they won’t. [ I LOVE THAT!]

The message they want to convey is that this speaks volumes about Willard’s character and judgment. I hope they keep on it from now until he gets tossed out at the GOP convention or PBO kicks his ass in November.

• 244 purpleshoesla
          March 21, 2012 at 12:51 am

They shouldn’t stop talking about it. How a human treat animals speaks VOLUMES. It was cruel and inhumane. This country doesn’t need any of that anywhere near the White House.

March 21, 2012 at 12:20 am

WTF IS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is anyone here???

IDAHO GOP TO STAGE LIVE ULTRASOUND DEMONSTRATION AT STATEHOUSE | A live ultrasound demonstration is scheduled to take place in the Idaho state Capitol on Wednesday afternoon, just two days after the state Senate’s 23-12 passage of pre-abortion ultrasound bill SB 1387. “Voices from the Womb,” which is being sponsored by local crises pregnancy center Stanton Health Care, will feature “three Stanton clients, one in each trimester of pregnancy.” Although the demo is being touted by Republican Sen. Sheryl Nuxoll as the first of it’s kind, the event will likely mirror a similar exhibition that was staged in Ohio’s Statehouse last year in support of the state’s own controversial “heartbeat bill.” — Fatima Najiy

ThinkProgress

This has GOT to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 246 Dudette
      March 21, 2012 at 12:33 am

Sick bastards. Including the women that would participate in the thing.

• 247 purpleshoesla
      March 21, 2012 at 12:43 am

This is VILE. Why are Republican women legislators supporting ANY OF THIS and allowing their sisterhood to be DRAGGED back to the Dark Ages?? Why are 3 women being SUBJECTED to this, live??!! SO.. FUCKING. VILE.

• March 21, 2012 at 1:19 am

They will likely demonstrate the regular belly ultrasound,not the invasive one. Their purpose is to play the heartbeat, not to demonstrate just how invasive their laws have become. Anyone who’s ever had an invasive transvaginal ultrasound knows just how invasive that procedure is, and how vile these Republicans have become.

• 249 globalcitizenlinda
      March 21, 2012 at 1:29 am

what us wrong with these people??

• 250 purpleshoesla
      March 21, 2012 at 2:07 am

Resorting to violence as a means of suppression. This has GOT to stop ALSO!!

FORT WORTH — Police are trying to identify the man who entered the West 7th office of State Sen. Wendy Davis Tuesday afternoon and threw two firebombs just outside the door.

Two staffers were in the third floor office when the attack occurred around 4 o’clock. One of them had to leap over the flames to escape, then went to the break room, grabbed an extinguisher and put out the fire.
      Investigators said Sen. Davis was not in the office at the time of the incident, but was at her law office closer to downtown Fort Worth.

62. 251 lisalovesobama
    March 21, 2012 at 12:27 am

Apparently, Seamus was given away after The Incident because he kept running away.
    Ps- Gail Collins is hilarious!

• 252 lisalovesobama
      March 21, 2012 at 12:30 am

That poor, traumatized dog. :(
      Ps- why am I still laughing?

• 253 Dudette
        March 21, 2012 at 12:36 am

It’s not what actually happened to the dog, it’s the way she and Dave tell it and how utterly ridiculous the situation is. The man who tortured that poor dog thinks he should President.

March 21, 2012 at 12:38 am

Greg Mankiw, the Harvard professor who serves as one of Mitt Romney’s top economic advisers, has managed to take a shot at two key constituencies – Hispanics and seniors – in a single linked post on his popular economics blog.

“Budget Cuts: The Immigration Department will start deporting seniors (instead of illegals) in order to lower Social Security and Medicare costs. Older people are easier to catch and less likely to remember how to get home.”

It was a joke, he said. Not funny.

• March 21, 2012 at 1:21 am

This says a lot. Romney’s top economic advisor is so callous and insensitive to the most vulnerable members of society. The whole campaign – from Romney and his wife who sat in that car while the dog suffered on the roof, to the kids who tell birther jokes, to their advisors and supporters. All of them inhuman.

March 21, 2012 at 1:29 am

Pretty much. Out of touch and inhuman. What a toxic combination. AND a serial liar. How could I forget that?

• 257 nathkatun7
        March 21, 2012 at 4:12 am

I thought Romney “disdained” professors? If he were telling the truth then how does he explain “Greg Mankiw, the Harvard professor who serves as one of (his) top economic advisers”? Does professor Greg Mankiw know that Mitt Romney “disdains” professors?

Mitt Romney is such a shameless, lying, hypocrite! He will say anything to pander to people listening to him. Shame on Mitt’s supporters who are being fooled, over and over again, by Mitt’s blatant and repeated lies to them. I hope may of them will soon wake up and realize that Mitt is treating them like chumps!

• 258 SUE DUVALL SMITH
          March 21, 2012 at 7:19 am

THE ONLY REASON MITTENS WON ILLINOIS…LOTS OF KOCH CORPORATE BUCKS THERE AND A LOWER PRECENTILE OF EVANGELICALS. MY GUESS IS IF MITTENS IS THE NOMINEE…EVANGELICALS WON’T VOTE BECAUSE OF THE MORMON/CULT SCENARIO!

March 21, 2012 at 9:19 am

Good pick up, Nat! Hates professors yet he employs them as is top economic advisor! From Harvard no less.

• 260 amk for obama
      March 21, 2012 at 2:49 am

Will seniors punish willard ? No, it won’t happen. They are set in their rw ways.

• 261 57andfemale
      March 21, 2012 at 8:17 am

I heard this I think during the 2008 campaign.

64. 262 Pamela
    March 21, 2012 at 12:41 am

Over and out. Sweet dreams all!

65. 264 Dudette
    March 21, 2012 at 2:17 am

Sweet Mary and Joseph, will you LOOK at this man?!!!

OMG, I wanna move to Maryland! So not fair y’all get HIM for your governor. [gasp... oh da pretty, oh da pretty!!!]

Dayum!!

66. 272 Ceb
    March 21, 2012 at 6:41 am

I just saw the video of the ST. Patrick’s week celebration. I love the Irish in the president’s voice.

March 21, 2012 at 8:15 am

Will Chuck the Toad remember to mention this when he’s croaking about Romney’s “big win” in Illinois?

• 274 Dudette
      March 21, 2012 at 8:17 am

In a word: No.

• 275 lisalovesobama
      March 21, 2012 at 8:25 am

No he sad he expect about the same turn out as four years ago. Give or take about 10,000. He said it on Lawry’s show. I briefly flipped channels saw The Toad’s face and scrambled to flip back to Big Bang, at which point I heard Chuckie prognosticating. :roll:

• 277 57andfemale
      March 21, 2012 at 8:43 am

Did you see my numbers on the Chicago turnout? I will repeat them because they are astounding:

According to the Chicago Board of Elections:

Democratic votes cast: 25,524
      Republican votes cast: 4,004 (!)
      green party: 10

Voting turnout in Chicago: 2.29%

March 21, 2012 at 8:18 am

So now that little twerp is in hiding! Where is all the bravado? Why can’t he face the public? COWARD fuck.

69. 280 lisalovesobama
    March 21, 2012 at 8:21 am

Seriously! I googled Miche’s name and every time I do, it’s that crap about De Niro and how the WH said it was inappropriate. Is the press such scandal whores that they really have to make more outta this than there is? Where was their salacious gossiping selves when that Brown guy was mocking PBO and Miche at that repug get together? Seriously :roll: and I wish the WH had just made a vague and mild comment about what De Niro said. What those repuke a-holes have said about Miche over the last 4 years have been far, far worse.

• 281 amk for obama
      March 21, 2012 at 9:29 am

WH should stop responding to each and every rw / msm poutrage questions with “no comment” or better yet, with “not worthy of comment”. Enough with the defensive bs.

70. 282 57andfemale
    March 21, 2012 at 8:33 am

Let’s not pop open the champagne just yet. A very bad blue dog won over the decent progressive in the north shore IL district and a young, fire breathing tea bagger unseated another incumbent. This is the Chicago metropolitan area.

IL 10 really bothers me. Dems didn’t care enough in this upscale district to show up. Although the story will be that Willard’s win shows the moderation of IL, do not be lulled into a false sense of security.

• 283 57andfemale
      March 21, 2012 at 8:58 am

I need to correct myself: Kinzinger in IL 16 was the establishment candidate and the incumbent garnered more of the tea party vote. Pardon me for being incorrect: after listening to this guy’s commercials on progressive radio (!) for the last week, he sounded like the tea party to me.

Reading Steve Benen this morning, this guy won through ‘establishment’ backing of the Eric Cantor among others.

Here’s a newsflash: THERE ARE NO MODERATES IN THE REPUBICAN PARTY. And that goes for Mitt or any of them. Given one ounce more of power and they will destroy this nation.

71. 284 57andfemale
    March 21, 2012 at 8:41 am

Since I am a lazy slug, thanks Chips for adding Charles Pierce to the blog roll. He’s great.

72. 285 middlegirl3
    March 21, 2012 at 8:57 am

Gail Collins on Letterman telling the Seamus story:

73. 286 Linda
    March 21, 2012 at 8:57 am

Good Morning…

Is there video of Governor …Hunk of burning Love singing ?

74. 288 globalcitizenlinda
    March 21, 2012 at 9:06 am

these two short video clips of POTUS and FLOTUS would be great to attach to a twitter message and then watch if copycat williard tries out the same

75. 289 Linda
    March 21, 2012 at 9:13 am

Video of the deaf student about meeting the President.

• 290 Linda
      March 21, 2012 at 9:17 am

When I got in, I took many videos. What amazed me is that it took two hours to make it just right before Obama started. I did not realize how great of seats there were for us deaf people. Right front of Obama. I sat in VIP with the Governor Martin O’Malley and many other important people. So, it started at about 11. Obama was right front of me. I was ready to jump up and walk toward him and shake his hand. Could you imagine how the Secret Service would’ve responded? When I watched Obama give his speech on the stage I thought to myself, “No way, Obama is not standing right in front of me! Wow!”

If you want to know more about what Obama’s speech was about, you can find out online. I was close enough to touch Martin O’Malley on his shoulder but I didn’t want to bother him. I regret I could have done better holding my camera while talking to Obama. The moment I will never forget was when he looked at me. He gave me a chance to talk to him. It was like he was waiting for me to say something. I took the moment and signed “I am proud of you,” and his response was “Thank u” in sign language back! Oh my gosh! I was like wow! He understood me after I said I was proud of him. It was so amazing…I was just speechless. Right after he thanked me, he smiled at another deaf lady who signed “I love you.” When I shook his hand it did not feel like he was superior to me. He was just a humble man. I am just impressed by him and know that he will have my vote and he will win second term without a doubt. Yeah, I feel safe to have him for another term.

March 21, 2012 at 9:29 am

Mitt Romney can’t be held accountable for his extreme right-wing views, at least according to his campaign’s senior adviser, who said the candidate should be given a “reset button” on any positions he’s taken during the primary campaign if he wins the nominations and faces off against President Obama in the fall.

They ARE delusional!!

• March 21, 2012 at 9:33 am

You think????!!!!!!! If there’s something beyond delusional, they fit that.

• 294 amk for obama
      March 21, 2012 at 9:34 am

No, the punk is running to the center to lure the weather-vane indies and they will fall for it. And the msm will drink his kool aid and start singing hos praise.

• 297 57andfemale
      March 21, 2012 at 9:57 am

they said this OUT LOUD?!?!?

From the jackass who keeps repeating what he thinks PBO ‘promised’ during the 2008 campaign?

And yet it will be a tight race. this is the lunacy of America in 2012.