Mar

evening all

….. with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon ahead of the 2012 Nuclear Security Summit working dinner in Seoul on March 26

… with Australia’s Prime Minister Julia Gillard

…. with Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh

… with Russian President Dmitriy Medvedev after their bilateral meeting in Seoul on March 26

President Barack Obama is briefed by Lt. Col. Yoon Bong-hee, left, as he views the DMZ from Observation Post Ouellette at Camp Bonifas, Republic of Korea, March 25, 2012. A translator assists during the briefing. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

People rally on the sidewalk as legal arguments over the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act take place at the Supreme Court in Washington, March 26

Medical students show their support for President Obama’s healthcare law

Linda Door protests against President Obama’s health care plan :roll:

ESPN

First Lady Michelle Obama speaks to children at the White House’s garden on March 26. The First Lady welcomed school children from across the country to join her for the fourth annual White House Kitchen Garden spring planting.

Caroline Kennedy speaking to volunteers in a field office in Florida, March 23

Hi everyone, just a few pics and videos for now, I’ll try and catch up properly with all the news tomorrow – I’m way behind!

346 Responses to “evening all”

1. 5 symmetry11
    March 26, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Good evening all….Welcome back Chips.

2. 6 Liberal Librarian
    March 26, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Still getting over my bout of food poisoning. Stomach is more or less okay, but I’m just wiped out from yesterday. Boss-lady is shooing me out the door early. God, I love my job.

And if you see wild boar on the menu and think “Gee, that sounds interesting”, think about it twice.

3. 16 Pamela
    March 26, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Woot! Woot! She’s here, she’s here! ( are we normal yet?) welcome home dear! Well done Tally!

4. March 26, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Welcome back, Chips. We missed you SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. 18 vitaminlover
    March 26, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Welcome back, Chips. Congrats on first, Tally

6. 19 whatisworking
    March 26, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Yipee – Chips is back – Whew!!

We missed you and have become even more grateful for all you do.

So time for a CALL TO ACTION

folks who want to send some love to the Bill Press show, here are some resources that will help.

Follow the Current.com team on Twitter: http://twitter.com/current

Call 415.904.2699 (this sounds like a SF phone # )

If anyone else has info on contacting Current – please post below.

Sending some love always makes you feel great too.

7. 23 Mel
    March 26, 2012 at 6:11 pm

What a great pleasure is to have you back Chips I was going loco realy. Oh and by the way it seems that
    Zimmerman defeders are turnibg the table against Trayvon Zimmernan';s lawyer and Zimmerman’s Friend
    Joe Oliver are saying that Treyvon was the offender, but my wuestion is is Joe Oliver a paid consultant ?
    I think he was with CNN a few yeres ago can we find out? and they say that there are picture of Zimmerman
    with a broken nose.Is so where are the pictures? theres is something very strange going on.

• March 26, 2012 at 6:18 pm

The FBI and DOJ need to finish the investigation ASAP. This turns into a very dangerous circus.

March 26, 2012 at 6:27 pm

I agree. The media is exploiting the time taken to complete the investigation by literally making Zimmerman the helpless victim and Trayvon into the predatory murderer. This is just SICK. There is simply no other way to describe it. I really think that Trayvon’s lawyers need to be a bit more aggressive in keeping the media in check. This is unacceptable.

• 26 utaustinliberal
          March 26, 2012 at 6:34 pm

100% agree with you. I just watched Joe Oliver, Zimmerman’s friend basically trash Trayvon Martin on Hardball with Chris Matthews. He kept trying to excuse Zimmerman’s use of the word “Coon” and referred to it as a “term of endearment” and Chris didn’t call him out on that line of BS. NO one EVER uses the term “Coon or Coon Asses” as a term of endearment. It is and has ALWAYS been a racial slur. Zimmerman was told not to pursue Trayvon. Zimmerman had a gun. Trayvon had a bag of skittles and iced tea. A child ended up dead.

March 26, 2012 at 6:48 pm

And furthermore, Joe Oliver is not even Zimmerman’s friend. Joe Oliver is the husband of a friend of Zimmerman’s mother-in-law, in other words, the closest “black” they could find to provide cover for Zimmerman’s racist act of violence. Joe Oliver also happens to be a former CNN anchor (who probably has easy access to media through contacts). EVERYTHING that Oliver has said so far on TV about Zimmerman is not from his personal observation, but through second and third-hand info passed along to him via the mother-in-law.

Secondly, the report about the broken nose and head injury are not corroborated by photographs or medical reports. Why not? There is no way someone suffers a nasty head injury and broken nose that causes bleeding and is not kept for observation at some medical facility, particularly if it were the result of a fight that resulted in the death of someone. “First Aid” administered by Sanford Police Dept doesn’t cut it. Even if they did perform first aid on site, the medic would have to file a report about the nature and extent of the injuries received by Zimmerman.

It’s one thing that Zimmerman and his corrupt police friends at the Sanford PD are engaging in cover up, but it’s even more disturbing when the media is complicit in the lies and corruption.

• March 26, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Saying they are terms of endearment is such crap. Zimmerman stalked this kid and killed him. There was a confrontation. Where O’ Where in that entire scenario would Zimmerman apply a term of endearment to Trayvon?

• 29 yardarm756
            March 26, 2012 at 8:01 pm

The word “coon” has supposedly morphed to “goon” which is a term of endearment amoungst teens. Go figure.

• 30 Dudette
              March 26, 2012 at 8:19 pm

It’s not. He made that shit up. Besides context is everything. Go back and listen to all the words he said. Nobody refers to someone as a “fuckin’ [anything]” as a term of endearment in that context — certainly not a suspicious character they’re about to hunt down and shoot.

• 33 virginia
            March 26, 2012 at 9:34 pm

That’s what usually happens when you use a “term of endearment” to address a stranger–shoot him Dead.
            That is preposterous.

• 34 MB32
          March 27, 2012 at 6:59 am

CNN keeps saying this morning that Treyvon was the aggressor and its confirmed by witnesses yet all of this info comes from a report leaked by discredited Sanford PD…it makes me sad and angry…

I think Trayvon’s lawyers have been doing the best they can and his parents have been amazing but we all know how difficult it is when the media decides how they want to frame an issue. And it seems to me that they have swung to the side of Sanford PD and Zimmerman.

• 35 Mel
        March 26, 2012 at 6:42 pm

I’am worried that some talking heads on the MSM wants to make this situation
        White VS Black and I do hope this will not go out of control Is Joe Oliver Zimmerman’s
        friend worked at CNN a few years back? and is he a paid adviser?

• March 26, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Since, as I’ve stated, first and foremost I am concerned with President Obama’s best interests and re-election, I want this investigation wrapped up also. Both sides have weighed in. They’ve had enough time to interview witnesses etc. Make a decision. Stirring up racial unrest is the last thing Obama needs.

• 37 Mel
          March 26, 2012 at 7:25 pm

You are so right dotster3 there are some on the MSM that they would like a racial unrest
          so let’s call on Rev Al Sharpton to be sure this does not happen and let the DoJ and FBI
          take care of this problem as I suspected Joe Oliver worked for CNN and no body has challenged
          him on his interviews if Zimmerman had a broken nose where are the pictures? I really do not
          like Treyvon’s parents attorney it seems that he wants people to be very mad.

• 38 nospin
          March 26, 2012 at 7:32 pm

“first and foremost I am concerned with President Obama’s best interests and re-election, I want this investigation wrapped up also. Both sides have weighed in. They’ve had enough time to interview witnesses etc. Make a decision. Stirring up racial unrest is the last thing Obama needs.”

Dotster3 – Trayvon is dead.

March 26, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Zimmerman’s friends are trying to smear Trayvon Martin’s name. But what these friends want to ignore is that the person who started this hole mess was George Zimmerman. If Zimmerman had let the police handle this situation, Trayvon would be alive. But yet Zimmerman hunted Trayvon down like a animal, after the dispatcher telling him not too. To me the bottom line is Zimmerman should have let the police handle things, and when he refuse to do so, the blame for the killing of Trayvon Martin lies with George Zimmerman. It doesn’t matter what his friends says.

• 40 MB32
              March 27, 2012 at 7:11 am

And I heard that Zimmerman’s gun was visible on his belt. Can you imagine what Trayvon was thinking? An unidentified, armed man was following him. For all he knew, this man meant to do him harm. Who wouldn’t defend themselves….yet CNN keeps saying over and over that Trayvon was the aggressor, according to SPD.

OT isn’t it amazing that the only way MSM covers Pres Obama in Korea is because of a “hot mic”….I’m so sick of the media

• March 26, 2012 at 7:57 pm

I want the police and the DOJ to go over this case with a fine tooth comb and get the answers that Trayvon’s family deserves. It doesn’t have to be a choice between Pres.Obama’s election and the Trayvon case. Two separate things.

• 42 yardarm756
          March 26, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Like it or not. We are in a revolution in this country and violence is breaking through in spots. What about this Muslim mother of 5 who was beaten to death in her home. A hate note was left on the body. It was on Current and I didn’t get the location but it was in this country.
          We must circle the wagons. It’s gonna get worst. The primary objective is 4morefor44.

• 43 Dudette
            March 26, 2012 at 8:20 pm

It was in San Diego, I think. Another senseless hate crime.

• 44 yardarm756
              March 26, 2012 at 8:45 pm

The thing is that it’s more profiling and yet another group that “the brotherhood” can blame for their sorry-ass lot in life.

• 45 isonprize
            March 26, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Yup, San Diego, CA. A married mother of 5. Her husband was picking up one of the kids from school, Another of her children found her. JUST HATEFUL!!

• 46 yardarm756
              March 26, 2012 at 9:38 pm

like it or not, there’s an interconnecting thread.
              Screw the constitution. WASP’s are the only ones allowed in Amerikkka. Native Americans are no longer a problem so the others must be dealt with. Zeig Heil!

8. March 26, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Welcome back, my love.

March 26, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Welcome back Chips!

10. 49 lisalovesobama
    March 26, 2012 at 6:17 pm

ZOMG!! Never leave us again, Peggysticks!! Went through withdrawal. Worst. Experience. Evah!! :(

11. 52 Dudette
    March 26, 2012 at 6:17 pm

CHIPS! CHIPS! CHIPS! CHIPS!! Glad you’re back!!! :-D

12. 53 carol in ky
    March 26, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Loved all the pics…thanks so much:-)

13. 54 yardarm756
    March 26, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Good-o Admiral……Is it me or is that Aussie Gov a bit too close to PBO. Back off lady!

• March 26, 2012 at 6:53 pm

She likes our president. Understandably.

• 56 daisydem
        March 26, 2012 at 7:10 pm

She really does. I think she has a little crush.

• 57 yardarm756
        March 26, 2012 at 7:34 pm

So she don’t have to be skinin’ and grinin’ up in his grill. FLOTUS DON’T PLAY THAT! :-)

• 58 Smoothscotch
          March 26, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Hi all, welcome back Miss Chips,

Yardarm, she did the same thing when he visited Australia. Hmm, I told her then to step back and I see she didn’t listen.

Lol.

• 59 Pamela
      March 26, 2012 at 7:14 pm

She is PM, and she has very commendable taste in men, IMHO, can’t blame her….;)

March 26, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Nothing wrong with liking the President, but maybe someone like him alittle too much. I agree yardarm756, back off alittle bit.

• March 26, 2012 at 7:54 pm

No *yardarm, It’s not just you, I’ve observed this In the pass about her, she seems sooooooooooo tickled to be In his company, which I can understand that to a point, but really, she’s a bit ummmm, well i’m not sure how to put this, so I’ll leave It here, the end :-)

• March 26, 2012 at 9:14 pm

She is always making a move on him.

• 65 virginia
      March 26, 2012 at 9:55 pm

She did the same thing when he was in Australia–in front of her husband who she left in the dust. She is clearly smitten. Not very professional for a government leader.

• 66 yardarm756
        March 26, 2012 at 9:57 pm

She’s not married. That was her boyfriend.

• 67 99ts
        March 27, 2012 at 2:56 am

She lives with her boyfriend in the equivalent of the white house – is also an atheist. Ahh sometimes it’s nice to have Australian ideals. Anyhow – all you folks love your President night & day – so let the rest of the world have him for just a little while.

We just had a state election where I live (in Oz) & the PMs party lost in a veritable landslide – sadly (in my view) she won’t be the PM after the next election – so let her enjoy President Obama’s company this time around.

14. 68 Dudette
    March 26, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Chips is back — the world is set right again!

March 26, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Daaaaaaaaamn Chips. When you come back, you come back with a bang!

16. 70 andogriff
    March 26, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Welcome back Ms Chips! You were missed! Thanks for the continuing excellent coverage from S. Korea, much more than folks in the US will see on their televisions. Sorry about your food poisoning, LL, that’s no fun at all. Congrats on first Tally!

17. 71 LDS
    March 26, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Welcome back, Chips. You were missed. I hope you got some R&R.
    The party……oops. Did I say part? What party? There was no party…..let me stop, now I am starting to sound like flip/flop Robme….geeez.

• 72 Dudette
      March 26, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Where’s an etch-a-sketch when you need one, LDS?

• March 26, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Whew—–just got the last of the bottles and cans cleared out of this place. Keep chips busy for a minute while I try to wash up the last of the dried crusted hors d’oerves plates. But uh oh—-the dance floor—-all scratched up, no time for a remedy. And by the way, anyone know—-or remember—how the window got broken? We can always say it was a stray baseball, I guess.

• 74 Dudette
        March 26, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Clear packing tape will fix that window right up. I’m bringing the mop and some vinyl repair to help with the floor.

• 76 miss pat
      March 26, 2012 at 9:09 pm

y’all had a party and you know it. I know because I was looking in on you guys. Some of you were falling down drunk. The cops came and closed the thread down. I didn’t take part. I am the good kid.

18. March 26, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Ah, thank you very lovely people for the very lovely welcome back! You’re all incredibly patient, I was sure the place would be empty when I returned. :???: I’m going to do some serious catching-up-on-sleep tonight and tomorrow posting will be back to normal. Thanks a million for hanging in there, you’re great ;-)

• 80 57andfemale
      March 26, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Rest as long as you need. You deserve it. You would have been proud of us.

March 26, 2012 at 6:30 pm

We missed you terribly, but please do get some sleep Chips – and we will be right there in the morning for our “Rise & Shine!” Thanks again for everything and for this awesome mishmash after a hectic weekend!!

• 82 Pamela
      March 26, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Ahhh, that is better.. TOMORROW will be back to normal..I don’t know about youse, but I seldom bounce back that fast! Chipsticks, we made it through, will be just fine for one more day, or two even… Oh wait.

• 83 yardarm756
      March 26, 2012 at 7:47 pm

i AIN’T GONNA MENTION NO NAMES BUT I THINK THERE WAS A PARTY IN THE HOUSE….. LOOK UNDER THE COUCH. :-D

• 84 Dudette
        March 26, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Dag, Yardarm, why you always gotta tell on people, huh? Why you gotta be like that, man? :-(

• 85 yardarm756
          March 26, 2012 at 8:05 pm

If you don’t open yo’ mouff’ nobody gonna know if you was there or not. All she got to do is go back and check the threads….BUSTED! :lol:

• 88 Dudette
          March 26, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Did I give myself away? Ack!! Curse you Sailor-man!

• 89 HZ
          March 26, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Right Dudette. Who was dancing and playing all of that Get Your Groove On with the best of jazz in the land? Oh, I hope someone took that big bag full of those empty cases of that ‘fine wine ‘we ordered from the families from Cali.
          We do not want Chips to find those. Did you check that yardarm756? We are in trouble, for sure.

I am just going to be quiet.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Welcome Back our Wonderful Chipsticks))))))))))))))))))))))))))) We really, really, really did miss you.HZ

• March 26, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Get some well-deserved Chips. We have become so very dependent upon you.

• March 26, 2012 at 9:20 pm

We really, really missed you. It’s hard when you and POTUS are both gone. Welcome Home.

19. 93 whatisworking
    March 26, 2012 at 6:29 pm

HHS determines insurance rate hikes unreasonable in nine states

have included a video of how the HCR act has helped an average family.

20. 94 whatisworking
    March 26, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Breaking Up the Banks – The Dallas Fed Weighs

21. March 26, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Take your time Chips. I was surprise you even had time to post open thread this past weekend.

So I finally heard Obama’s “open mic” incident with Russia’s PM, and I guess I don’t get the “gaffe” of it all. Nor do I get why anyone thinks it’s a bigger deal outside of the usual RW, RNC, GOP critters?

I know it’s not like Obama to say much off mic, but I don’t believe it was planned. It will go away, because this week is all about the HCR SCOTUS case. There is no oxygen left for this “gaffe” to make any news.

Plus it wasn’t anything that would bother anyone but voters who won’t be voting for POTUS anyway and just use any reason to confirm why they don’t like POTUS.

It’s nothing like the Romney “etch-a-sketch” gaffe because this is one case of “flexibility” but it’s just the truth reasonable people expect that Obama has to get re-elected before he has any idea what he can negotiate with.

There is no point negotiated some sort of anything when if GOP gets elected, the will probably not want to uphold Obama’s deal anyway.

• March 26, 2012 at 6:36 pm

They are just trying to change the subject and attach the etch-a-sketch to the President instead of Romney. Not gonna work. They’ll try and try again, though. Etch-a-Sketch is the new Waterloo. Pitiful and won’t work.

• 97 daisydem
        March 26, 2012 at 7:37 pm

There is no comparison; an Etch-a-Sketch erases whatever was there before, many times which is a parallel to Romney’s flip flopping on major issues throughout his career as a politician and saying whatever he needs to when he needs to in order to win the support of his current audience. If I read correctly, what PBO says is that he will be in a position to “go further” perhaps in negotiations with Russia in his second term, he will have more flexibility. He says nothing about changing his position on anything; he will stand firm I am sure in what he has done … but he will go forward and do even more in negotiating for peaceful solutions to the world’s problems and I hope to God he will take us with him (us as people and this country).

• 98 jackiegrumbacher
      March 26, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Agree, lamh. This is nothing more than an effort to distract from the Romeny etch-a-sketch disaster. Didn’t one of the Senators actually say that this was PBO’s etch-a-sketch moment? Tells you all you need to know about the purpose of this stupid kerfluffle over nothing. The only audience for this is those who won’t vote for the president anyway.

22. 99 whatisworking
    March 26, 2012 at 6:30 pm

This would be nice

Is the Media Ready to Stop Letting Politicians Lie? – In a new revision of the news organization’s 2003 code of ethics, NPR commits itself not just to finding “balance” in its stories, but to prioritizing truth.

• 100 Dudette
      March 26, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Let’s see how long before the threats to pull NPR’s funding start up again…. 5, 4, 3, 2…

• 102 isonprize
      March 26, 2012 at 10:11 pm

WiW Imagine that. DOING THE JOB OF JOURNALISM. The 4th estate, as it were. AND IT WERE. Because is certainly doesn’t exist now, if it ever did…

23. 103 whatisworking
    March 26, 2012 at 6:31 pm

The Lorax PSA encourages kids to enjoy the outdoors

March 26, 2012 at 6:34 pm

I’d say it’s time for Mankini to get lost.

25. 112 whatisworking
    March 26, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Bobfr has been poromoting this video everyday on Tiwtter {{bob}}

Citizens of Israel and Iran seek to make ‘friends,’ not war

PS – this story and all the ones posted above are from Creolechild who has her nose in the books as she becomes a star scholar.

March 26, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Judge rules against Catholic Bishops who fought the Obama Admin over its recent contraception law. PBO and women win once again.

27. 123 whatisworking
    March 26, 2012 at 6:46 pm

And finally a moment of animal zen….

Buffalo are coming back to the American prairie

28. 127 Ceb
    March 26, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Ooo! Such goodies. Thanks, Chips. Hope your trip was successful.

Good evening everyone.

29. 128 proudmemberofglobalzero
    March 26, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Glad to see you back Chips….really miss all the information you provide. I tweet you links and this website out.

30. March 26, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Glad to have you back Chips. Thanks for all the photos. At least you keep us informed unlike the msm. Have a restful night.

31. 130 Dudette
    March 26, 2012 at 7:19 pm

I AM TRAYVON! JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON! (Atlanta, video at the bottom of the article)

• March 26, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Trayvon’s mother registered trademarks last week for “I am Trayvon” and “Justice for Trayvon”—-said to be for possible future CD and DVD sales.

• 133 Dudette
      March 26, 2012 at 7:22 pm

From one of the commenters on this article hit the nail on the head:

“This is really frightening. The message the right are now sending out is “it’s okay for me to kill people of whom I disapprove, and that disapproval does not have to be based on anything.”

32. 138 collegekay
    March 26, 2012 at 7:22 pm

How do you get people to donate to your personal fundraising page? i just set one up.

33. 152 LDS
    March 26, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Dudette, (lol)……..

34. 154 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    March 26, 2012 at 7:49 pm

WELCOME BACK CHIPS…YOU WERE MISSED! NOW THINGS CAN GET BACK TO NORMAL AROUND HERE…DEPENDING ON HOW YOU DEFINE NORMAL…LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL…YOU SHOULD ASK SOME OF THE CHILDREN WHAT THEY WERE DOING WHILE YOU WERE GONE. HOPE THERE AREN’T ANY BROKEN LAMPS…BETTER CHECK UNDER THE SOFA…LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

• March 27, 2012 at 2:17 am

Chips, I was doing my homework while you were gone. I also raked the leaves in the front yard. I hope you noticed. The rest of the family, oh well, I will leave it at that because I know the next time you are gone, they will let me have it. All in all the music was nice, and food was great. We really were acted out because we missed you so much.HZ

35. 156 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    March 26, 2012 at 7:50 pm

SAW THE NEWS STORY ABOUT THE RATS BIGGER THAN CATS IN FLORIDA…TOLD YA’ THE GOP WAS REALLY BUSY THERE!…:)

36. March 26, 2012 at 7:52 pm

WOW, CHIPS, that is an amazing round-up of the events of the last couple of days. Thank you for everything and WELCOME HOME!!

37. 158 Dudette
    March 26, 2012 at 8:03 pm

FINALLY! Here’s a good video of The President’s speech yesterday at Hankuk University

38. March 26, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Welcome back Chipmiester!

39. 160 meabloom
    March 26, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Look at all this news!!! Glad to have you back Chips. I didn’t know how much I missed you until I saw all those photos and videos.

40. 161 aquagranny911
    March 26, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Totally frivilous but I think we need to keep the Australian Prime Minister away from our PBO. That woman WANTS him in a big way. Just saying…

41. 171 carolyn
    March 26, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Chips, so glad you’re back. Hope your time away was refreshing. I know everyone needs R & R time……it’s just that we’re all a bit like addicts and need our fix several times a day! I haven’t figured out, and probably won’t, how you get such wonderful pictures every day. Thanks for all you do.

42. March 26, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Trayvon Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, said, “They killed my son, now they’re trying to kill his reputation.” We all know exactly what they are trying to do!!!!

43. 176 collegekay
    March 26, 2012 at 8:22 pm

where is the video of someone asking PBO if he posts on blogs as someone else? lol

• 177 Dudette
      March 26, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Scroll up — he mentions it in his speech at Hankuk Univ.

• 178 meabloom
      March 26, 2012 at 8:30 pm

What?? Yes, where is it?? LOL
      Who would he post as??

• 179 Pamela
        March 26, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Chipsticks.

• 180 meabloom
          March 26, 2012 at 8:44 pm

LOL! We have been in the midst of PBO all this time. Hi Mr. President! I guess you already know we LOVE you here but umm… (whisper) I love you the most.

• 184 collegekay
          March 26, 2012 at 8:55 pm

LOL!!!

• 185 Dudette
          March 26, 2012 at 8:57 pm

She’s been on some top secret mission… one can only imagine what she’s been doing!!

• 186 nathkatun7
          March 26, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Pamela, I am 100% certain that the President is not posting as Chipsticks, as you speculate. In case you haven’t noticed, the President is relatively shy and self-effacing. There is no way he would be posting the photo of his “wet look,” over and over again, for the ladies at TOD to go wild.

• 187 Dudette
            March 27, 2012 at 7:43 am

Nice try Nath. While I agree the President is relatively shy and self-effacing, perhaps you’re forgetting that quite a lot of people do things on the internet that they wouldn’t normally do when they have the cover of anonymity. ;-)

But I don’t think Chips is really PBO. FLOTUS on the other hand?…hmmm! :-D

• 188 Dudette
      March 26, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Starts at 4:29 in the video.

44. March 26, 2012 at 8:27 pm

The United States and Australia are planning a major expansion of military ties, including possible drone flights from a coral atoll in the Indian Ocean and increased U.S. naval access to Australian ports, as the Pentagon looks to shift its forces closer to Southeast Asia, officials from both countries said.

The moves, which are under discussion but have drawn strong interest from both sides, would come on top of an agreement announced by President Obama and Prime Minister Julia Gillard in November to deploy up to 2,500 U.S. Marines to Darwin, on Australia’s northern coast.

The talks are the latest indicator of how the Obama administration is rapidly turning its strategic attention to Asia as it winds down a costly decade of war in Afghanistan and Iraq. The U.S. government is finalizing a deal to station four warships in Singapore and has opened negotiations with the Philippines about boosting its military presence there. To a lesser degree, the Pentagon is also seeking to upgrade military relations with Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei.

45. 190 Dudette
    March 26, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Deep, deep sadness…

Afghan massacre suspect’s wife: ‘He did not do this’
    Kari Bales said accusations are ‘devastating,’ insists Staff Sgt. Robert Bales was ready for deployment

46. 192 Ladyhawke
    March 26, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Rev Jesse Jackson was on Politics Nation with Rev Al tonight. He made an extremely important point about the Trayvon Martin murder and the wearing of hoodies to support his family and demand justice. Rev Jackson said he hopes that everyone wearing the hoodies will be sure to get registered to vote. He said this should be teachable moment about the importance of voting. I could not agree more.

• 193 jackiegrumbacher
      March 26, 2012 at 9:23 pm

What Jackson said is critically important. Many don’t see the purpose of voting. Now they understand what happens if they don’t. The same is true for women who don’t register–especially unmarried women. If you don’t want a rotten society that takes your rights, then get out and vote.

• March 27, 2012 at 3:13 am

Also, Jackiegrumbacher and Ladyhawke, it could be an excellent and respectful teachable moment for the young people to do this in honor of Trayvon by starting their own voter registration clubs with the young people starting in Sanford, Fl. I do hope that we can get this message to Rev. Al and Rev. Jackson and Ben Jealous.

What better way to really put that energy into this space as they organize booths to vote during these rallies in a respectful and legal manner. The Vote Can be the Power in this case as well. We have the DOJ doing its job, however, we still need to make sure that our young people understand that within their communities there are consequences for not voting in the “right” people within their local government.

Mayors, city councilmembers, judges, , etc. These are all very important for cities to thrive in an orderly and just manner.
        See how the Mayor of Sanford seem to be out of the loop. Why did it take him a week before he began to notice what had taken place?
        Remember someone asked him when did he find out about the situation, and he said that he was away attending his son’s football game, and he heard about it a week later. Hello. That is why you have a City Manager, other city councilmembers, and and Administrative Secretary to keep you on notice of important incidents within your city while you are away, plus what were the city councilmembers doing? etc. The mayor did not know what was going on. And forget that City Manager. Lawd have mercy.

I hope that the stars, and atheletes will get involved with this aspect of voter registration. How do we get this to Rev. Al? Can we start this ball rolling. Now that would be powerful to see. I am wearing my hoodie and I am registered to Vote. Make that Hoodie stand for life Now. We can’t bring Trayvon back, but we can teach these young men and women the value of a vote in their communities. Vote 4 Tray. “We’ve Got The Vote, Tray.” Honor Tray, & Vote” “Stand Up, Vote” ” Way 4 Tray,Vote” ” U R the Vote That Counts”
        “Talk It, But Vote,” ;”Power In The Vote”; Exercise Your Right, Vote”Bring In The Vote” Put Power In Your Voice, Vote”Speak Your Power,Vote” Move the Bar Higher,Vote” This Is Power, My Vote”

They could have these signs all over the parks at different tables (Art done by the young people with beautiful prints) and while attending the rallies all over the nation, have them available. They could coordinate the rallies with registering new young people to vote, but go through NAACP, Urban League, Young Voters, whatever is in place through these institutions.BUT it must be well organized and done properly and in order., it could be a Great Teaching Moment for these young people. Take the anger out, and focus on the best part of these wonderful young people. Let them know that they can stand for bigger and better things throughout this process of waiting for justice. I just see so much potential in a very decent and honorable way to present Trayvon, and the young people are doing it.

My mother always told us ,”See how they are talking and whispering, well, make them out of a liar with their own talk and whispering. Show them you can go to college, study hard, and come back and be the lawyer, mayor, judge, teacher, coach, citycouncil member, pastor, etc.” and we did it. We did it!!!!

Maybe contact the NAACP and Ben Jealous and Urban League to get the young people involved in the entire national registering of new voters. We can teach our kids how to turn tradgies into a peaceful event and a most powerful one. All in honor of this young man. Just think how many young voters in honor of Trayvon’s death can bring life to this young and vibrant group of young people. Also,it will take some of the edge off of this as they still gather and rally behind Trayvon.

Just a thought going all up in my head. I have to deal with pain, and I hate to see our young people not get a great message from the pain, if we can help them get through it in a creative, pure, and good way..HZ

47. 195 Dudette
    March 26, 2012 at 8:38 pm

More from NBC/MSNBC about their efforts to help veterans get jobs:
    Younger veterans want to work, but face roadblocks

———————-
    At least they bothered to at least mention President Obama in this one
    “The problem of veteran unemployment is widely recognized. President Barack Obama has referred to it frequently and just last month pledged to get more veterans back to work.”They’ve already risked their lives defending America,” he said. “They should have the opportunity to rebuild America.”
    ———————-

I supposed I should be happy that a major media outlet is trying to help veterans. It just chaps my butt that they won’t acknowledge the work the administration, as well as the FLOTUS and SLOTUS have been and are doing. When there are great examples of Good Government Working, crickets from the media. Arrghh!

March 26, 2012 at 8:43 pm

They are trying to take credit away from the President and FL’s initiatives.Veteran unemployment has already been reduced 5% as a result of POTUS’s policies. I don’t trust anything where CoC is teaming up with corporate media. CoC is also a lobbying institution that may try to lobby the Veterans for votes for the Republican nominee in 2012.

• 197 Dudette
        March 26, 2012 at 8:49 pm

That’s the thing, many people don’t know the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is a lobbying group and not part of the government. Or that their leadership has been working to undermine President Obama from day one.

• March 26, 2012 at 8:57 pm

EXACTLY! THIS! Is precisely what the CoC would do.

• March 26, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Or maybe they are doing something nice?

March 26, 2012 at 9:20 pm

I’d be more inclined to believe the “nice” theory had they mentioned the initiatives already started by the Obama administration – initiatives that have shown success in bringing down the Veteran unemployment rate. There are several resources for Veterans on the WH website. Yet there was nary any mention of that. Secondly, the CoC is not known for being “nice” to ordinary citizens – and especially not towards veterans who have returned from war. The CoC works at the behest of corporations, Wall Street, Big Oil, Big Pharma, REPUBLICANS, etc., etc., you get my drift…

• 201 nathkatun7
            March 27, 2012 at 12:42 am

Hopefruit2, I just wated to let you know that I truly appreciate your commentaries on this site. Not only do you bring such depth of understanding of critical issues, but you are also fearless in defending President Obama’s record against those who lie about, or completely ignore, the President’s record. Any honest and objective observer knows that the President, the Vice-President, and their wives, have been more focused on improving the lives of veterans than any of their predecessors in recent memory. The fact that unemployment among veterans dropped by 5% should have been headline news. As usual, of course, the mainstream media has been mum about this. The media just won’t allow the American people to learn all the positive things President Obma is doing. And if you try tell people about the President’s accomplishments they just don’t believe you because they didn’t hear the positive news on CNN, FOX, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, or they didn’t read them in their home town papers, which depend on AP for national and international news.

• 202 Janelle
      March 26, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Dudette, I knew I saw the CoC somewhere linked to one of the committments that PBO and FLOTUS announced last year, here’s the link:

(Scroll down to the committments promised in August of last year—–what I find interesting is they (CoC) don’t state that this was encouraged, initiated, and worked on by FLOTUS and SLOTUS to push the private sector)

48. 203 Dudette
    March 26, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Dr. Jill Biden: Military Support Will Define Future Leaders

Supporting troops, veterans and their families as they’ve supported the nation is a charge that will define America’s next generation of leaders, the vice president’s wife said today. Dr. Jill Biden cited the importance of enduring military family support to about 200 aspiring young leaders attending the 2012 National 4-H Youth Conference, sponsored by the Agriculture Department’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture, in Chevy Chase, MD…. [more in the article]

49. 204 vitaminlover
    March 26, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Our Beloved President is very handsome. That being said when he appears on the world stage like he is doing now he stands out even more. There is not a better looking leader on the planet-male or female. Just look at some of the group photos. Who stands out? Who is most striking? So some of these women world leaders are smitten and are trying not to swoon. The male leaders know it too and they want to be seen with him. They are glad to associate with him. This speakes volumes. Now back home there are a few jealous egomaniacs who just cannot believe that they are not as well thought of. Gingrich is just plain ugly. Santorum has crooked facial features. Paul looks like one of those night creatures that hang off of trees in some foreign country. And Romney looks lost, confused, scheming and pathetic. OBAMA/BIDEN2102!!!!

• March 26, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I’m laughing and shaking my head – but I agree with everything you’ve written. This is all true. :D

• 206 vitaminlover
      March 26, 2012 at 9:32 pm

OBAMA/BIDEN2012!!!!!

• 207 sabreen60
      March 26, 2012 at 9:54 pm

ROTFLMAO!! Why don’t you tell us what you really think. :-D

• 208 collegekay
      March 26, 2012 at 10:07 pm

pbo is sexy. yep i said it. don’t care

• 209 nathkatun7
      March 27, 2012 at 12:58 am

Tell it like it is, Vitaminlover! As the good book says: “Ye shall know the TRUTH and the TRUTH shall set you free.”

• 210 99ts
      March 27, 2012 at 3:23 am

An attractive man always starts with the advantage, President Obama not only looks attractive he acts and speaks and lives attractive. That is what the other world leaders see – they trust him – they trust his word – they know he speaks the truth – it just sends those who would oppose him quite insane.

And he’s gorgeous too

• 212 meabloom
      March 27, 2012 at 6:14 am

Oh wow!!
      “Gingrich is just plain ugly. Santorum has crooked facial features. Paul looks like one of those night creatures that hang off of trees in some foreign country.” LMBO!! You did Paul wrong vitaminlover. That wasn’t nice but it was funny.

50. 213 a4alice
    March 26, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Welcome Back Chips!!!

51. March 26, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I just read this and all I can say is no fuckin’ way he said this!!

Zimmerman Friend Defends Racial Slur: ‘Coon Asses’ Used Proudly In Parts Of This Country

“…There are a lot of parts of this country where people proudly call themselves ‘coon asses,’ in Louisiana in particular.”

No this mofo didn’t!!!!

Born and raised in New Orleans, LA and the first time I ever heard this word was from a white person and it wasn’t a “term of endearment”…

Ugh!

• 215 AJ
      March 26, 2012 at 9:15 pm

And so the Zimmerman Reputation Rehabilitation Media Tour slogs on…wake me when something approaching the truth eminates from these people…

• 217 miss pat
      March 26, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Zimmerman can come up to 125th and Lenox by the subway at rush hour and call us coon asses. Zimmerman must come alone; since it’s a term of endearment he has nothing to fear.

52. 219 Dudette
    March 26, 2012 at 9:11 pm

OMG, someone mentioned cat-sized rats earlier and I thought it was a joke, but noooo…

Eeek!! It’s Ben and his cousins down in Florida!! Coming to a garbage dumpster near you!

53. March 26, 2012 at 9:14 pm

New fundraising event for the campaign, donate 3 bucks to be a part!

54. March 26, 2012 at 9:14 pm

so three days of arguments, then when will the SCOTUS decision come down?

55. March 26, 2012 at 9:20 pm

I can see some white Cajuns in Louisiana saying calling each other “coon asses” on occasion, but I sure don’t see them calling each other “coon ass” in the place of “sweety” or “darling” or “dude”…and I sure as hell don’t see any Black person being comfortable having their white/black/hispanic/whatever friends calling them “coon ass” at any time.

So “hey dawg”…becomes “hey coon ass” ..REALLY REALLY!!!

March 26, 2012 at 9:24 pm

When you’re reporting someone to the police, you’re not using any term of endearment towards that person, be it honey, sweetiepie, snookums, or “Cajun coon-ass.” Nice try, “black friend” Oliver, but FAIL.

• March 26, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Just read on radar on line that the tape has been sent to FBI in D.C. for enhancement purposes—-likely a hate crime charge hangs in balance.

March 26, 2012 at 9:23 pm

So chips, we are back to regular programming ?

Hope you had a fun trip.

March 26, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I have been sleeping for the past 6 hours. What us the consensus on monday’s sc hearing on ACA ? It looks good for our side ?

58. March 26, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Now, this might be something? The 2 polls (for HC) that are being quoted are the Ny Times and the Wa Post!
    The same 2 we all found out to be outliers 2 weeks ago, on the Presidents approval rating.
    We found the crosstabs were messed with and them, several polls came out soon after, that had him around 50% approval.
    Thus, chances are -these two polls, from these newspapers, have been corrupted.

59. 233 magapie
    March 26, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Nina Totenberg was covering the case on NPR. She’s usually great and NPR….well, that’s about all we have for unbiased media. But she said something I don’t agree with [paraphrasing]: “If the President wins it will energize the opposition. If he loses it will be a major blow having his signature achievement invalidated.”
    WTF—-Over? Teabaggers and refugglians are the ONLY ones that ever get energized? I DON’T THINK SO! Just becuase we don’t holler and scream childish nonsense and play on people’s fears doesn’t mean we don’t get energized when we need to.

March 26, 2012 at 9:41 pm

In order words, she’s already spinning it as “bad news for Obama” no matter what the outcome. Well, she’s WRONG.

The court will uphold the law and it will be good news for Obama and bad news for the Republicans.

60. 235 anniebella
    March 26, 2012 at 9:35 pm

I saw the video of Rick “Holy” Santorum getting mad with the NY Times reporter. Looks like Ricky boy is losing it, look like a vein was going to pop. He might be realizing the Fat Lady is about to sing. Good to know holy Rick has alot of B.S. in him.

61. 236 anniebella
    March 26, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Do anyone know if Malia have return from Mexico yet?

62. March 26, 2012 at 9:37 pm

1:30 AM
    Obama attends a second plenary session.
    7:45 AM
    Biden hosts a breakfast meeting with Hillary Clinton.
    11:00 AM
    Michelle Obama participates in the 2012 National Cherry Blossom Festival’s Centennial Tree Planting Ceremony.
    12:00 PM
    Michelle Obama meets with the spouses of the military’s senior enlisted leaders.

• March 26, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Updated schedule-

Tuesday Mar. 27, 2012
      1:30 AM
      Obama attends a second plenary session.
      4:00 AM
      Obama meets with Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani.
      5:50 AM
      Obama departs Seoul, Republic of Korea.
      7:45 AM
      Biden hosts a breakfast meeting with Hillary Clinton.
      11:00 AM
      12:00 PM

63. 243 nathkatun7
    March 26, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Wonderful to have you back Chips. You certainly came back with a bang. I enjoyed all the posts, but especially the President’s discussion on title IX. Like the President I had only two daughters. Sadly cancer took away my first daughter at age sixteen. My second daughter played a little basketball in High School although she became more focused on academics in college and graduate school. Although she no longer plays she still loves the game. It is important that all parents, and not just mothers, should work hard to ensure that their daughters are treated equally in all aspects of society, including sports.

March 26, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Nathkatun7 I’m so sorry to learn that you lost a daughter at such a young age. I hope you and your family find comfort in her memory.

March 26, 2012 at 10:42 pm

nathkatun7, There is nothing worse than losing a child. Bless you and your family.

• 246 nathkatun7
          March 27, 2012 at 1:59 am

Thank you Anniebella for your kind blessings. Its been 19 years since my daughter left us, though sometimes it feels like yesterday; especially when I hear of a family, like the family of Trayvon Martin, loosing a teenager. You are absolutely right, Annie: “There is nothing worse than loosing a child.” All these idiots in the media, including the vile Newt Gingrich, who are out trying to kill this young man all over again, really can’t begin to understand the depth of pain that the Martin family is going through.

• 247 nathkatun7
        March 27, 2012 at 1:22 am

Thank you, hopefruit! My daughter would have been thirty five years this year ( actually 36 in May). She was one of the kindest people, even at an early age.

• March 27, 2012 at 3:56 am

Oh, nathkatun7, I can’t sleep, and I came back to catch up and saw your comments. (((((((((((((((((( Love and Comfort to your Space with warmth surrounding you and your family with nothing but the gentlest Peace.)))))))))))))))))))))))))))HZ

• 249 Dudette
      March 27, 2012 at 8:08 am

Nathkatun, I appreciate so much your comments about the importance of participation in sports for girls, at any level. Besides the obvious health benefits, sports teaches its participants about the concepts of teamwork, fair play, self-discipline, and hard work in tangible and fun ways. This is a gift of valuable life lessons for your youngest daughter that will serve her well even if she’s not actively involved in sports now.

I’m deeply sorry to hear of the loss of your first daughter. The kind of pain that you’ve experienced from that loss is unimaginable. I hope you and your family are able to find some comfort in happy memories of her. Bless you.

64. 250 Ceb
    March 26, 2012 at 9:38 pm

I really enjoy seeing PBO with the various world leaders that he has forged a relationship of trust, cooperation and in many cases, real liking (PM and Presidents from India, Australia, Russia, S. Korea, and Turkey in particular). One thing that they all comment on is that the president really listens to and respects the ideas and perspective of others. No longer do we a president who acts like the ugly American when abroad. PBO’s approach to diplomacy has made us safer than ever before. With this approach added to his clear demonstration that he will not hesitate it kick ass (OBL, Somali pirates, and letting China know we are in the South Seas to stay) has earned him and our country the respect and admiration that we lost during the shrub years. We cannot let any of the clown car candidates win.

• 251 Ceb
      March 26, 2012 at 9:42 pm

I should not try to post while I am watching Dancing with the Stars ! Too many errors above.

• 252 nathkatun7
      March 26, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Ceb, thank you for your excellent comment. It’s indeed very gratifying to see world leaders express their admiration and respect for President Obama. Equally important, which is rare in international affairs, is that most of them express their trust in him. We saw that with the British, Irish and Australian, Prime Ministers. We are seeing it again with the Presidents of Russia and South Korea and the Prime Ministers of India and Turkey. Under President Obama America stopped acting as the bully and dictator of the world. At the same time, President Obama let it be known that he does not hesitate to use American power to defend Americans and American interests.

• March 26, 2012 at 11:55 pm

And then you’ve got the likes of Romney and Santorum, acting like the United States DOESN’T owe the world an apology for starting an illegal war, destroying the world economy and generally subjecting the world to GW Bush for not just one term, but two! And the country is now seriously considering the likes of Santorum,Romney,Gingrich, Paul (and was seriously considering Rick Perry,Michele Bachman, Jon Huntsman, Herman Cain) to finish the job that Bush started – beginning with Romney accusing Russia of being the #1 foe of the United States. It’s unbelievable.

65. March 26, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Honestly, this is all they care to report about regarding this trip:

Obama makes light of open-mic flap with Medvedev
    By BEN FELLER
    AP White House Correspondent
    SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — President Barack Obama is making light of getting caught on an open microphone with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.

He then enjoyed a hearty laugh with the Russian leader as the two shook hands. Photographers and reporters saw the moment.

Obama on Monday was heard saying he would have more flexibility to work with Russia on missile defense after the election.

His Republican challengers pounced on the remark, saying the president has a hidden agenda that could include concessions to the Russians if he wins re-election.

66. March 26, 2012 at 9:44 pm

If you move that pic of Caroline Kennedy at the opening of the OBAMA 2012 campaign office in Florida slightly to the left, you’d see me and my mom in the audience. That took place in Pinecrest, an affluent suburb south of Miami. Packed house, standing room only. It was awesome :). Caroline is just as lovely in person as you could imagine.

67. March 26, 2012 at 9:45 pm

This is how you do it!!! There is no way the other “contenders” would handle an alleged “gaffe” this genuinely.

Obama makes light of open-mic flap with Medvedev

…At the start of the Nuclear Security Summit here, Obama was about to sit down when he saw Medvedev two seats away. Obama said: `Wait, wait, wait, wait,’ and then moved to cover up his microphone in jest.

68. 262 collegekay
    March 26, 2012 at 9:50 pm

when is he coming back home

69. 267 Cheryllou
    March 26, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Just finish watching Ed Show. He showed what will be cut under the Ryan Plan. Scary stuff.
    Cuts to Food Stamps, Housing Assistance, Farm Subsidies, Federal Workers, Transportation, Science Programs, Education Services, Prisons, Border Control, Student Loans, Fema, Unemployment.
    Ryan wants cuts to border control???? really! I thought President Obama wasn’t doing enough along the border? If I was a democratic offical I would plaster the Ryan budget around the border states with Mexico to show the Republican hypocrisy.

70. March 26, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Did I blink and miss the new set of photos? Sorry if already posted!

March 26, 2012 at 10:02 pm

In BBC

The US was the only major developed country without a national healthcare system until President Obama’s reform.

72. March 26, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Damn!!! Lawerence O’Donnell is pissed. Zimmerman’s lawyer cancelled the interview at the last minute. He is calling out MSM and the Sanford PD~

March 26, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Tune in to Lawrence – he’s giving Zimmerman’s lawyer a SCOURING. Lawrence is not in any mood for BS tonight.

March 26, 2012 at 10:08 pm

75. 274 collegekay
    March 26, 2012 at 10:11 pm

lol Lawrence is scolding Zimmerman’s lawyer’s empty chair

76. 275 Ladyhawke
    March 26, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Wow, Lawrence O’Donnell is going off on the lawyer for George Zimmerman. He was supposed to be interviewed tonight but he decided at the last minute to back out. Lawrence is not happy. He said Zimmerman’s lawyer has been getting softball interviews and he knew that was about to end with his appearance on The Last Word. Lawrence is also calling out the police department in Florida for leaking information to smear the name of Trayvon Martin. Right now, Lawrence is asking his questions to the empty chair in the Florida studio. He is asking some very good questions that I don’t think anyone else has thought to ask. Lawrence is livid.

• 276 miss pat
      March 26, 2012 at 10:17 pm

I might have to start watching Lawrence again. Nah, still don’t trust him.

March 26, 2012 at 10:21 pm

O’Donnell said Zimmerman’s lawyer was a coward, he was suppose to be on the show, but he ran away with his tail between his legs.

• March 26, 2012 at 10:22 pm

More leaks tonight——Miami Herald has published Trayvon’s school record of 3 suspensions—–as the reputation trashing continues. Also his twitter account is floating around somewhere. And you’re right, Lawrence is livid. Did not care for someone walking out his interview. Just saw Joe Oliver say his and his family’s lives have been threatened. I really wish there would be some action on this case, as the whole thing continues to deteriorate. I am not optimistic though, as they have now sent the tapes to the FBI in D.C. for enhancement, and that should further delay any decision as they await those results. I have heard, by the way, the entire tape which has never been made available to the public. It was probably cut off at the end as Zimmerman gives his cell phone # and address to the police and directions where they can meet him—-come thru the gate, turn left, go by the clubhouse, turn left and he will be in his truck by the mailboxes.

• March 26, 2012 at 10:25 pm

And now Anderson Cooper is interviewing “the new Black Panther Party”—-the spokesman is making all kinds of threats—-the guys sounds like a real loon. Ay yi yi yi yi yi.

• March 26, 2012 at 10:51 pm

The media goes for the tri fecta! Jeesh.
          1 week, they are all over the Republicans, the next week, they are playing the race card.
          The media tries to control the populace.

• 281 sabreen60
        March 26, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Unless they are reporting that Trayvon was suspended for shooting somebody they need to STFU. I will not help give this shit legs. That’s what the Repubs, racists and the police department wants.

77. March 26, 2012 at 10:13 pm

In Secret Documents, Anti-Gay Marriage Group Plotted To Divide Gays, Blacks

…Blunt language and broad plans from the National Organization for Marriage. Another project: “Sideswiping Obama…”

78. 283 isonprize
    March 26, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Here’s one for Leroy Newton Gingrich since his print reporters have all gone home…

Hit the Road Jack!!

79. March 26, 2012 at 10:26 pm

The battle in Ohio over collective bargaining rights will help President Obama win the critical swing state in November, according to the head of the leading firefighters union.

Harold Schaitberger, president of the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF), said his union plans to tie the Republican presidential nominee to Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R), who had to pull back on a controversial anti-collective bargaining rights law he championed after a fierce, labor-led backlash.

80. 285 # 1 obama fan
    March 26, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Goodnite nurse L.O’donnell is going in ! He’s on a roll tonite..ripping Zimmerman’s atty and a reporter from the Seminole newspaper..woot..lmao

March 26, 2012 at 10:47 pm

It is clear that reporter was working for the police, who is trying to degrade Trayvon. The police department need to be investigate, they are not to be trusted. Why are they leaking the school records of Trayvon, but they aren’t showing any pictures of Zimmerman broken nose, or bloody head, and grassy t-shirt.

March 26, 2012 at 11:12 pm

O’Donnell was right on tonight. That lawyer who claim to be Zimmerman’s lawyer was a big fat chicken tonight. I recall hearing that lawyer say one time that he hasn’t even spoke to his client.

81. March 26, 2012 at 10:37 pm

CNN just enhanced that segment of the tape that is in question on their sophisticated audio equipment. Sure sounded like f—ing coons to me.

March 26, 2012 at 11:05 pm

This is why I am so glad the DOJ is investigating this, because if “F” coons is said on that tape, they will fine it out. That is if the Sanford police hasn’t erased it. I heard that the KKK was well know in Sanford. Maybe even in the police department too.

March 26, 2012 at 10:45 pm

83. March 26, 2012 at 10:47 pm

This made my blood run cold. This is a vile ad, apparently by Santorum against President Obama. I am trying to let all the bad stuff zip by my ears but if this is actually approved by Santorum or is through a super-pac or something, we need to be call, emailing and tweet the campaign until it goes away.

84. March 26, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Lawrence O’Donnell was ON FIRE tonight!!!

85. 298 libra800
    March 26, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Not sure if anyone has seen this link. President Obama ESPN interview about title IX, women basketball and coaching Sasha’s team.

• March 27, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Thanks libra800 for bringing this over. It is excellent why we need to keep a watch on Title IX. President Obama did an excellent interivew stressing the importance of women being actively involved in the sports and the fairness of that involvement.HZ

86. March 26, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Fundraiser in Omaha, Neb., to feature first lady Michelle Obama
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    More News
    Choosing a jury difficult in Great Bend murder trial
    Motorcycle accident victim identified
    Two found dead in Edwardsville home
    Jazz musician Bill Caldwell dies at age 49
    Tribute | Preston Williams was a man of principle
    Loretto alumnae celebrate history of education, justice
    Mushroom hunter finds skull south of Topeka
    Sales of K2 and other synthetic drugs thrive despite Missouri ban
    Feud over Ironwoods Park becomes a big issue in Leawood
    Budget proposal in Missouri House would eliminate aid for the blind
    To better connect to community, KC police now on Pinterest
    KCK, 2 other Kansas school districts get No Child Left Behind waivers
    Women to reshape child protection policy for KC Catholic diocese
    64-year-old man dies in St. Joe duplex fire
    Police standoff on North Antioch ends peacefully
    Ron Paul gets a boost at Jackson County GOP caucus
    1940 census is the first that will be free online
    Grand time for students at Science and Engineering Fair
    Fundraiser in Omaha, Neb., to feature first lady Michelle Obama
    Tribute | Ray Braun offered history and a helping hand
    First lady Michelle Obama will visit Omaha next month to speak at the Girls Inc.’s “Lunch with the Girls” fundraiser.

Obama joins a growing lineup of famous speakers at the annual fundraiser, including her husband, who spoke in 2005 when he was a U.S. senator from Illinois. Other previous Girls Inc. speakers include President Bill Clinton and his wife, current U.S. secretary of state Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Girls Inc. provides educational and recreational programs for girls.

Tickets to the April 24 fundraiser are $100 or $200.

87. March 26, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Good news to end the night on-

In a little-noticed exchange Monday, conservative Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts may have tipped his hand that he’s entertaining the possibility that the health care law’s individual mandate can be upheld on a constitutional basis that’s different from the one supporters and opponents have made central to their arguments.

For over a year now, observers and experts have assumed that the court’s final decision will hinge on the extent of Congress’ power to regulate interstate commerce. But the justices could also upend that conventional wisdom, and in a worrying sign for the plaintiffs on Monday, Roberts unexpectedly highlighted one way they could do that.

In an exchange with a plaintiffs attorney, Roberts suggested he’s skeptical that the mandate and its penalties can be treated separately and may have opened the door to finding that Congress’ power to impose the mandate springs from its broad taxing power.

“The idea that the mandate is something separate from whether you want to call it a penalty or tax just doesn’t seem to make much sense,” Roberts said, over strong objections from attorney Gregory Katsas. “It’s a command. A mandate is a command. If there is nothing behind the command, it’s sort of, well what happens if you don’t file the mandate? And the answer is nothing. It seems very artificial to separate the punishment from the crime. … Why would you have a requirement that is completely toothless? You know, buy insurance or else. Or else what? Or else nothing.”

• March 27, 2012 at 12:28 am

I have to say I don’t really understand what that was all about. All I know is that there are so many subsidies in the health care law to help people pay for insurance. Plus, there are exemptions possible that would allow some people not to have insurance. Plus, there are fines that are so toothless that the insurance companies are screaming for heavier fines to force people to buy insurance. Plus, any sick or dying person can still get treatment and leave the rest of the country to pay for their care – which is more of a mandate than anything else. And, according to NPR, only 7% of the entire US population would be impacted by the mandate rule.

So, it’s hard to see how the mandate is punitive or taking away anyone’s freedom, when there is so much to accommodate every circumstance.

• 305 jackiegrumbacher
      March 27, 2012 at 7:51 am

I hate to be dense, but what’s the implication of Robert’s remarks. Between Supreme Court deliberations and the new vile anti-voter laws, I feel that I need a law degree just to figure out what’s happening.

88. 306 Dudette
    March 26, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Dotster, you still around?

• March 26, 2012 at 11:21 pm

Sorta drifting off, but yes—-present.

• 308 Dudette
      March 26, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Hey, I found a half-empty jar of cocoa butter and a pair of handcuffs when I moved the couch to clean up the last of the party remnants.
      Do you know who those belong t-…? Ohhh, wait a minute! Wasn’t Yardarm the one who kept saying “look under the couch”? Unh-huh! I think he was. Seems kinda suspicious to me. Here take a look…
      :-)

• March 26, 2012 at 11:33 pm

He’ll probably deny it, but we know where to point the finger. We’ve got undeniable proof—-his own admission! (hope he doesn’t try to jump ship)

• 310 Dudette
          March 26, 2012 at 11:40 pm

It’s the only logical conclusion. I bet that’s why he came in the room wanting to tattle-tale, so as to throw suspicion off himself.
          That is so beneath the honor of a Navy man. Tsk, tsk, tsk. For shame, for shame. [wagging my finger]

89. March 26, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Good way to end the night…f’n idiot!

“Heard petition demands my apology to Trayvon’s parents. Save effort: I deeply apologize for any hurt I caused-that is not my goal or intent”

March 26, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Tiger Woods wins finally after 30 months. Yay/

91. 316 lisalovesobama
    March 26, 2012 at 11:37 pm

So I watched the supposed gaffe. It’s the most inconspicuous thing ever. There is nothing menacing or titillating about it. Just two guys confirming old news. American media is such bullshyte! If Willard thinks he’s gonna get any mileage outta this, he’s fricking loopy.
    Ps- love how confident PBO is about reelection. Maybe that’s why Willard is so fricking mad. PBO doesn’t see him as a threat. PBO probably knows Willard better than Willard knows himself. PBO’s likely studied all the opposition research on Willard and knows it backwards and forwards. Poor, Willard. Sucker should have stayed in his ivory tower with that Busted-up Barbie he calls his wife.

March 26, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Make sure you all watch Mitt on Jay Leno Tuesday night. I have plans, watching some three stooges reruns.

• 318 lisalovesobama
        March 26, 2012 at 11:53 pm

No thanks, Annie. I couldn’t bear sitting through 20 minutes of Willard aping human beings. If he were smart, he’d have his Busted-up Barbie do the show instead of him. He must be shitting bricks! There’s nothing scripted about shows like Leno. How’s he gonna hold his own on that show? You gotta be funny and natural and charming. Willard is the opposite of those things. What’s he gonna do?

• 319 jackiegrumbacher
      March 27, 2012 at 7:46 am

Lisa, I just love the way you put things. Bravo!!

92. 320 sabreen60
    March 26, 2012 at 11:38 pm

93. March 26, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Thank you, Stephen Colbert. “If we ever stop talking about hoodies, we might start talking about guns.”
    Exactly.

94. 323 anniebella
    March 26, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Good night everyone.

95. 325 sabreen60
    March 26, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Good nite, anniebella.

96. 327 Dudette
    March 26, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Think I ready to turn in too. Catch y’all on the next run. Goodnight everybody!

Press On!

March 26, 2012 at 11:56 pm

98. 330 xtine
    March 27, 2012 at 12:05 am

Just wanted to say that Ricky had a big surprise today at the S. Ct. The coverage of him yakking away against ACA had the background muted on TeeVee. People were shouting for ACA, thus the MSM attempt at the mute button. That’s the reality, and why he had that awkward look as he faced the mikes. I think he thought he was coming to Fringe Town Carnival and found a very different scene which MSM chose not to show. I’ve never been prouder of my fellow-citizens-in-sense than today. Teapartyiers were few and, as usual, on the far fringe of anything near reality. The power of sense sure downed the fringe of irrelevance. We must, though, keep it up. Let their ineptitude shine bright & clear. They are so good at that, so let’s help them along the path to oblivion!

Good night all, Day 2 @ S. Ct. tomorrow. :)

• March 27, 2012 at 12:33 am

Yes, today was a good day for the people, and it was great to see all the different supporters who were there (including the dog(s)). I fully expect the tea party to bus some more people tomorrow or Wednesday – but today, it was hard for the media to sell their nonsense about Obamacare being unpopular.

• 332 57andfemale
      March 27, 2012 at 8:46 am

Does anyone — ANYONE — ask these assholes what THEY would do to provide health care to Americans?

Where’s the plan, ricky and mittens??????

Republicans yell “Where’s the Plan” at PBO all the time, even after he’s given them a plan. The MSM doesn’t even ask these jackasses what they would do if God forbid, they became President.

99. March 27, 2012 at 12:52 am

I was hoping to find the clip of the 8pm discussion of today’s Supreme Court events on NPR with Nina Totenberg and others, but I could only find a shorter clip from earlier in the day. Someone mentioned above that she was quite objective, and I found her summary to be quite informative.Worth listening to – but I’ll keep trying to find the longer clip with four pundits – it was really good.

100. March 27, 2012 at 1:20 am

Omg! Team USA soccer did not qualify for the olympics.
    Yikes!

March 27, 2012 at 5:21 am

Women or Men’s team, don’t tell me it’s both.

March 27, 2012 at 5:32 am

I have been meaning to say this whenever I hear the media talk about how unpopular Obamacare is. If I’m not mistaken the people were not in favor of bailing out the Auto Industry. I could be wrong, but seem to me I remember seeing some poll numbers were majority of the people were against it. And I’m sure there have been alot of things passed in which the public weren’t crazy about, look back through the years and we will see.

• 337 Sharon
          March 27, 2012 at 6:27 am

Actually in the original polls, the ACA was polling very well. When it lost favor was during the terrible summer of unreasonable phalanxes of teabaggers invading town hall meetings while screeching like banshees. Most Democrats did not defend the bill. I watched the debates on C-Span in 2010. Republicans were bullies in deriding it and Democrats were cowards. The few who defended it well, like Marcie Kaptur, won their election.

Social Security and Medicare were unpopular when they were passed also and only gained favor when people began to benefit from them. I think the same thing will happen with Obamacare. We love Obamacare because Obama truly cares about us.

• 338 57andfemale
            March 27, 2012 at 8:44 am

Yup.

I thought Social Security and Medicare were always popular. I’m wrong about that? certainly Democrats supported those programs en masse — something we did not see for this President’s agenda. I’ve never seen a President treated this way.

• 339 jackiegrumbacher
          March 27, 2012 at 7:42 am

Anniebella, I really don’t understand how the popularity or unpopularity of an issue has anything to do with it’s legality. In that case, Citizen’s United would have been polling subzero numbers and the Lily Ledbetter’s original case, which the Supremes voted against, would have polled very high. I’ve never heard of a SCOTUS that based its opinion of the constitutionality of an issue on its rating in an opinion poll. All the media hype about polls is a distraction. Every single point of the ACA when presented separately polls well with people. Depending on how a question is worded you can get any kind of rigged answer you want. We have to keep focusing on one thing and one thing alone–how to make sure the PBO is elected. In the immortal words of Oscar Hammerstein — “all the rest is talk.”

101. 340 globalcitizenlinda
    March 27, 2012 at 7:21 am

the MSM seems to be working on three fronts:

(1) try to attack President Obama any way they can to make the race close by using ACA and “Open Mic Scandal”;

(2) help willard the liar romney to end his race against lil father ricky ;

(3) help trash Trayvon Martin as the aggressor when he was the one being hunted;

102. 341 donna dem 4 obama
    March 27, 2012 at 7:29 am

Can you imagine paying even 1 cent to take a picture with Mankini? Lawd Have Mercy….I can only shake my head!

(CBS News) HOCKESSIN, Delaware – In a sign that his campaign is in need of fresh funds, Newt Gingrich on Monday began charging $50 to have a photograph taken with him following a campaign speech to Republican County groups here in the northernmost part of the state.

It was the first time the former House speaker has charged those attending one of his public speaking events to pose for a photograph with him. Lately, a member of his campaign staff has been snapping photographs of any interested attendee and later posting them online at the campaign’s website, newt.org.

On Monday night, those paying for a photograph were also told they could find their photos on Gingrich’s website, after they had filled out a form providing their credit card information.

103. March 27, 2012 at 7:46 am

104. March 27, 2012 at 7:56 am

105. 344 Dudette
    March 27, 2012 at 8:23 am

Picture of PBO making light of yesterday’s mic “gaffe”

U.S. President Barack Obama covers the microphone as he arrives at the plenary session of the Nuclear Security Summit at the Coex Center in Seoul, South Korea, Tuesday, March 27, 2012.

—–
    I love that man!

March 27, 2012 at 8:25 am

The “Professional Black Friend” Joe Oliver is making rounds in the media – this time on CNN with Soledad. And once again, he’s allowed to spew lies, with no one asking him exactly how he came to be Zimmerman’s friend, or where is the hard evidence of the so-called injuries that Zimmerman received from Trayvon.

If anyone thinks that this media is not using Trayvon as a Proxy for President Obama – think again. The media was sympathetic towards Trayvon until President Obama spoke out. Since then, they have been busy trying to portray Trayvon as the aggressor, and Zimmerman as the helpless victim. The media is trying to ignite a racial war in an election year. They will use any means possible to try to bring President Obama down. We will not let them succeed. I hope the DOJ and FBI bring this investigation to a swift but definite conclusion with an arrest, a prosecution and a conviction of murder for Zimmerman.

107. March 27, 2012 at 8:52 am

Stock market best quarter since 1998. No mention of all those 401k plans, that are doing great under this President?