Mar

afternoon all

Steve Benen: President Obama spoke from the White House’s South Lawn this morning, urging Congress to end the $4 billion in tax subsidies oil and natural gas companies receive from the government every year. Obama noted that “Exxon pocketed nearly $4.7 million every hour” last year, and simply doesn’t need taxpayer subsidies on top of companies’ massive profits.

The president added “it’s like hitting the American people twice.”

Soon after, the Senate voted on the issue, and though a majority of members agreed with the president, a majority is no longer enough in the upper chamber.

More here

Two Faces of Rage

:lol:

More here

Saturday: As part of her Joining Forces initiative to honor, recognize and serve military families, First Lady Michelle Obama will travel to Coast Guard Island in Alameda, California, to participate in the commissioning ceremony (10:00 AM PT) of the Coast Guard Cutter Stratton ….. Mrs. Obama, a sponsor of the Cutter Stratton, helped christen the ship in Pascagoula, Mississippi, in 2010 by breaking a champagne bottle over the bow ….  As the ship’s sponsor, the First Lady will ceremonially give the order to bring the ship to life, at which time the crew will board the Stratton with much fanfare.

The First Lady will travel to Los Angeles later on Saturday for Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards where she will present The Big Help Award to Taylor Swift for her work with tornado and flood survivors.

I’m dizzy after watching that :???:

If anyone’s still having trouble commenting after the log-in changes made by WordPress, have a look at this link

64 Responses to “afternoon all”

1. March 29, 2012 at 1:38 pm

nah I’m not first.

2. March 29, 2012 at 1:39 pm

yup I had to log back in too. HEY BUT SECOND YAY!!! PBO UP 11 IN WISCONSIN PER RASMUSSEN.

3. 19 proudmemberofglobalzero
    March 29, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Have a great day all. Tried to wish all well on the last thread..I am working so much and not getting home until after 10pm. This is my message to those of you who are hurting:

There are some of you with ailing parents, friends or their own health…there are those of you who have lost friends and family members in the last few days…

My prayers and wishes for all of you are forever!!

Peace and Love,
    Sue

4. 20 donna dem 4 obama
    March 29, 2012 at 1:47 pm

If anyone is considering donating to the campaign today please do it through CollegeKay’s fundraiser. She is in a tight race for that phone call from President Obama. She is holding onto 1st place (for now).

Please Donate Here:

• 21 collegekay
      March 29, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I don’t feel good about this one. She’s getting loads of donations outta nowhere. Still excellent for PBO though but I really wanna win :-/

• March 29, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I intend to add to it by making several small donations. She will win for sure! We need to take care of our own.

5. 23 AJ
    March 29, 2012 at 1:48 pm

I’m testing out a new theory: Fifth is the new first… ;)

March 29, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I like that theory. I’m second!

• March 29, 2012 at 2:13 pm

:lol: Hang in there AJ, after 9,725 fourths VC finally made it today – there is always hope!

March 29, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Hey, Chipsticks! I saw that bit of Republican exaggeration! If you check you’ll find it was only about 9000 times and a few of them were thirds!!!!

But she’s right AJ, there’s always hope, even if hope means you get up way earlier than usual and sit by the ‘post comment’ button. ;) ;)

6. March 29, 2012 at 1:54 pm

A little bit of good news. Despite the stock market being down today, although not much, the price of oil has dropped to just over $103 per barrel, down $4 from a couple days ago. And the price of gas in my neck of the woods dropped a few cents today. Let us hope it continues.

7. 28 GGail
    March 29, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Good west coast morning Chipsticks!

Good west coast morning TOD family.

I am so happy that FLOTUS will be in my neck of the west coast woods this Saturday – Whooo Hoooooo!!!!!!

Great news about unemployment and the price of gas – both going down :-)

• March 29, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Morning GGail ….. jeez, you west coasters sure get up late :-)

March 29, 2012 at 7:42 pm

You know GG, I haven’t been able to figure out why, if you come in ‘late’, you leave so early at night. West coasters must need more than 10 hours sleep nightly!

Still, a very good afternoon to you!

8. March 29, 2012 at 2:01 pm

About to hit 8.7 million hits. Chips, I hope you are getting ready for the big celebration when you hit 9 million. Make sure you have lots of food and drink ready for all of us. Seeing some of these folks while you were off, you are going to need a lot.

• March 29, 2012 at 2:09 pm

You know Japa, I had hoped that Yardarm and you would keep things under control in my absence, but it seems like the place transformed in to debauchery.com. You’ll probably argue that you were helpless, overwhelmed by the rowdies, but still, I expected you to do better. A whole lot better. So, by way of apology, when we hit 9 million I expect you to bring 9 million of these to the party:

Mmmm, cheesy puffs.

It’s your only chance to redeem yourself.

9. 49 LDS
    March 29, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Just testing…..posted last night giving Ms. Tally a/k/a Super Woman her due props. Did not find it my post…..maybe it’s me.
    Good afternoon, everyone. Enjoying catching up and the company ain’t bad on a Friday afternoon while waiting in the dentist office. My favorite place to be. It is about as much fun as watching Romney on Jay Leno’s show.

Enjoy your weekend guys! One Love.

10. 52 Linda
    March 29, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Longer version of Zimmerman video ..

• 53 GGail
      March 29, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Thanks Linda.

Where is he supposed to be injured? I am unable to see any cuts or bruises on his face or the back of his head?

March 29, 2012 at 2:41 pm

GGail don’t believe your lying eyes. Just take Zimmerman and the Sanford PD’s word for it!

• 55 miss pat
          March 29, 2012 at 4:10 pm

This man is walking real good for someone that was in a tussle for his life. Where is the blood if the young man was killed at short range. His clothes look dry to me for someone who was on the wet grass. Where is the puffy lip and the swollen eye? Where is sthe ‘coco’ on the back of his head? They made a call to Daddy, Daddy made a call and the guy gets sprung. This one is the ultimate one, murder. Take the wheel Jesus!, I leave evereything with You.

• 56 SUE DUVALL SMITH
        March 29, 2012 at 5:50 pm

ALL THEIR FORENSICS TEAM HAS TO DO IS FOCUS IN ON THE VIDEO OF ZIMMERMAN’S HEAD FOR A FINAL ANSWER…THEY KNOW DARN GOOD AND WELL THIS IS A TOTAL LIE! IT’S EASY TO PROVE ON THIS VIDEO ONE WAY OR THE OTHER!

March 29, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I wonder whether Martin is back. I know he was a way for some time.

12. 61 smilingl8dy
    March 29, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Test!

13. 62 smilingl8dy
    March 29, 2012 at 2:23 pm

It looks like I just got in. WoW! 4 days!

14. 63 politicaljunkessa
    March 29, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Oh, look at the tulips — I looooove tulips!

I will look at the tulips to distract me from these worthless muthas in Congress….