Apr

chat away

Cagle

Boston.com: UMM, MITT, got a minute? ….my first thought watching you on TV this week was that I was probably mistaken yet again. After all, I thought I heard you calling President Obama “out of touch”. Mitt, the man from Planet Money, mocking Obama as clueless? No. Couldn’t be. But there you were on the night of your primary hat-trick, repeating the charge.

….People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. Or, to update the axiom: People who plan to live in 11,000-square-foot beach homes with car elevators should think twice before accusing others of being out of touch. Particularly when aforementioned people shrug off $374,000 in speaking fees as “not very much”. Or off-handedly challenge political rivals to $10,000 bets.

In other words, I don’t think you’d fare that well debating who’s in touch and who’s not with Barack Obama …. In fact, I’d dial back the denim-clad regular guy who identifies with the plight of everyday families schtick, too…..remember the scornful reaction in 1994 when Ann tried to strike a common chord by saying that, during your student days, the two of you sometimes had to sell stock to get by?

More here

Back in a while, chat away ;-)

345 Responses to “chat away”

1. 1 Elle in MI
    April 7, 2012 at 11:13 am

Hello

• April 7, 2012 at 11:15 am

Winner! Hiya Elle, hello everyone, will be back asap!

• 3 globalcitizenlinda
        April 7, 2012 at 11:21 am

Oh, how I recall those days.

I can’t help but notice how much younger President Obama looked in this photo. the weight of the world cannot be easy to carry 24/7 each and every day. to make matters worse, there is no time of calm from huge problems for PBO whether domestically or foreign – they just keep coming.

I am glad PBO is charge of sorting out ALL the global chaos because I TRUST him and his well-thoughtout but empathic decisions

• 4 magapie
          April 7, 2012 at 1:14 pm

….Not to mention none of us are getting any younger! Embrace it! (And don’t dwell on the aspects that SUCK!)

• 6 Elle in MI
        April 7, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Thanks Chips!

2. 7 nintendowii10
    April 7, 2012 at 11:15 am

2nd!

April 7, 2012 at 11:25 am

Good morning TOD, Chips Elle, Nintendo, Pamela and Globalcitizen. Congratulations on your 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th places.

• 36 Pamela
      April 7, 2012 at 11:29 am

Morning Hopefruit, have I said I am out of time, as we know it? Show me the door…power off first! ByeBye! Bbl…

4. 37 HZ
    April 7, 2012 at 11:33 am

Hi, Chips , Pamela, and Nintendowii10. I am going to get my groove on also. “Mr. President, Get Your Groove On.” And all TODers are right here with you, Mr. President.

Taking a few more pain meds, and off to get some Lamb and enjoy the sun while driving over to Trader. Pain will not stop this sexy senior. Have a blessed day, my TOD Family. I am going to be careful. Just can’t take the pain anymore.

Love you, Chips, and thanks. ((((((((((((((((((( Hugs to Hachiko and Miss Pat also))))))))))))))))))))))) HZ

• 38 Betsy
      April 7, 2012 at 11:52 am

You are such a blessing and I had a chuckle about “sexy senior”! What a wonderful way to describe yourself. Have a great day, despite the pain. You are an inspiration to us all here because you have a wonderful attitude. It always encourages me to press on myself. Enjoy the sun!

• 39 jackiegrumbacher
      April 7, 2012 at 12:10 pm

HZ, so sorry about the pain, but love your attitude. We sexy seniors have to stick together.

• 40 HZ
        April 7, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Betsy, and Jackiegrumbacher, thanks for your comments. Yes, we need to let the world know that POB has the”Elegant Attractive Seniors” working for him as well. I love our senior status. Heck, we worked hard for every day that added to out status.

I put by jeans on, my sexy black shirt, necklace, long dangling earrings, silver bangles, and Organza essence ,lovely makeup ,and then had the audacity to put on my new black cap with POB’s signature and the year 2012 in red on it, and I must say, “I looked like a very attractive and sexy senior mama.”

I got in that little Z and had my Gladys Knight on(loud) parked the Z and then strolled through Trader Joe’s for a while. I was trying to figure out why people were looking at me so long, then I remembered that I had on my hat with our President’s signature on it and 2012. You all should have seen the looks. I had to speak with several of them. Oh, this senior did not embarrass NOT one of my TOD family members ,nor did I embarrass our fine POTUS. I held up our Family name with elegance all the way.

Got my racks of lamb and other things that I must eat for my condition, and whip that little car around town and showed off my cap. I am so proud to be an ‘Elegant Sexy Senior 4 Obama’. We’ve got to work this thing, Seniors. We have much to say and do.

My pain is almost gone. However, I am feeling fine while I can enjoy it. My great niece and niece sent me several texts because they could not figure out where I was and what I was doing. I couldn’t hear my phone. I keep them guessing though, so to keep them on their toes. You can’t tell them everything. Plus they are in another state all together.

Now, I need some ice cream. Forget the sorbet for today. Maybe tomorrow. Doctor’s appointment in two weeks, so Please do not tell on me. I can exercise those calories off by then.The weather is just too beautiful to not eat ice cream, and enjoy the sun rays.

The beautiful weather made me do it. Days like this, and I may swoop up a fine rich older man. Who knows what blessings are waiting me. Better put on some more lipsticks for good measure. Do not worry, shan’t be touching these lips. Just for looks. (((((Love you all))))

Ice Cream, here I come(((((((((((((((((( Be blessed, my TOD Family.)))))))))))))))) How is our lovely Hachiko, Tucker and Miss Pat. I have not heard anything. Let me know.HZ

• 41 Pamela
          April 7, 2012 at 5:56 pm

ZOOM ZOOM, HZ. You are a hoot! So grateful this day has brought you some ease! ;)

• 42 LadyTNT
          April 7, 2012 at 6:51 pm

HZ, you are tooooo much Honey!!! And I LOVE IT!!!!! Enjoy your ice cream and enjoy your rich older man even more!!!

• 43 sabreen60
          April 7, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Hey, I’m a Foxy Old Broad and proud of it!!! You go gurl!!!

• 44 prettyfoot58
          April 7, 2012 at 8:11 pm

What a wonderful interlude…HZ…love you for it…enjoy your ice cream….think i will have a bowl as well….((huggs))

5. 45 HZ
    April 7, 2012 at 11:37 am

Globalcitizenlinda and Hopefruit2, I did not intend to leave you all out of my “Hello, Get Your Groove on, Mr. President. Hello, my dear ones.

Have a beautiful day. It is really beautiful out on the West Coast today. Enjoy your day. See you all later. Love you, HZ

6. April 7, 2012 at 11:42 am

I just love our POTUS.

April 7, 2012 at 11:45 am

Kerry Washington was amazing! Her appearance on Melissa Harris Perry’s show (the show is also called Melissa Harris Perry) on MSNBC was great. She is an excellent representative for the WH Council On The Arts and a wonderful OFA representative for #Obama2012. She understands the issues like the back of her hand and she called out Romney for backing the Blunt-Rubio Amendment. She also touted President Obama’s accomplishments and urged people to please go out and volunteer city by city, state by state for President Obama’s re-election because he really needs our help and the country desperately needs him.

• April 7, 2012 at 11:53 am

I watch her performance last night on Scandal, and I was totally captured. It was must see tv, to see a positive female lead role.

• April 7, 2012 at 12:10 pm

I hope this brings lots of positive attention for her career and for her own pursuits. She’s terrific in that show and we couldn’t ask for better rep for our POTUS. Between her and Eva Longoria, Tom Hanks, George Clooney, Jamie Foxx, Antonio Banderas, Martin Sheen and bigwigs Jeffrey Katzenberg and J.J. Abrams, we have quite a grand voice and lots of moola coming out of Hollywood.

• 52 57andfemale
      April 7, 2012 at 1:19 pm

She was beyond amazing! And that she so perfectly articulated why the arts are important to education — it is one of my main passions. She was fantastic.

8. 53 anniebella
    April 7, 2012 at 11:48 am

Have any of you guys heard the story of Howard Morgan, he was a black police detective in Chicago, who was stop one night by four white cops. He ended up being shot 28 times by those cops, he didn’t die but he is in prison. I am trying to fine out all the info about this, this is my first time hearing about Mr. Morgan. Rev Jessie Jackson were talking about it. I want to know why Mr. Morgan ended up in prison, but none of the cops did.

9. 56 criquet
    April 7, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Anyone knows what this refers to ?

• April 7, 2012 at 12:13 pm

You have got to be kidding.

April 7, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Here is Chuck Grassley’s tweet:

• 59 Linda
          April 7, 2012 at 12:43 pm

So he called him stupid twice ?

April 7, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I wasn’t even aware he had called PBO stupid in reference to the Keystone pipeline! Grassley is a disgusting human being – a disgrace to humanity.

• 61 57andfemale
          April 7, 2012 at 1:21 pm

We need to be prepared: if the SC strikes down any portion of ACA, the main meme from the Repubs will be that PBO isn’t smart at all, he’s stupid. He’s not a real constitutional scholar, hoping the rationale for this intelligent man comes down like a house of cards.

I’m sure the WH and the campaign are prepared for this. This has been the drumbeat since the first day of oral arguments.

April 7, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Well, they would also be better prepared to call Nixon, GWB, Gingrich, Ford, and Romney “stupid” as well. All of these people have lambasted the courts in the past for voting in ways that they didn’t want/like. Second of all, we have Romney on record in 2009 ADVISING PBO to use the MA template including the mandate on a national/federal level. How are the GOP and Romney going to get away from that?

• 63 57andfemale
              April 7, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Their outrage would be laughed at if it wasn’t so infuriating. Railing against activist judges has been practically part of their platform for 40 years.

• 64 EricFive
            April 7, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Fret not 57and female. The “President Obama is stupid” canard will only work on the Faux News set (and they will never vote for Obama anyway). They have been using variations of this meme for years (remember all the fuss about Pres. Obama using a teleprompter).Even Trump had the nerve to question Pres. Obama’s academic achievements. If the Supreme CT stirkes down the ACA the American people will view it as a decision based on POLITICS not the law. There was a recent poll stating the 75% of the American people have this cynical view of the Supreme CT (I guess memories of Bush v Gore and Citizens United caused people to lose faith in the impartiality of the Supreme CT).

• 65 jackiegrumbacher
              April 7, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I’ll bet PBO chuckles at the “stupid” comments because he knows how powerful a person becomes when his enemy underestimates him. These people will think they can outsmart the president with their brainless brilliance and will turn to find they’re in a blind corner with no way out.

• 66 Pamela
          April 7, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Chuck, you chook: “Stupid is as stupid does.” quoting Forrest Gump’s mama, PBO will stand tall in the history of this planet, when ignorant Neanderthals such as yourself will be utterly unknown, unmemorable for the lack of progress you brought to this world.

• 67 Cha
          April 7, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Anyone can see it’s grassley who is STUPID.

• April 7, 2012 at 9:52 pm

I wanted to tweet back, “Chuck you ignorant slut…” but calmer heads prevailed.

• 69 Linda
      April 7, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Keystone Pipeline: Grassley said President Obama was “stupid” to oppose it and predicted Congress would find a way to override his opposition later in the year

Read more: http://globegazette.com/news/local/grassley-trips-to-d-c-by-local-leaders-help-get/article_aaaf7d6c-696a-11e1-b311-001871e3ce6c.html#ixzz1rN7HpJrJ

April 7, 2012 at 1:55 pm

To cough up an old expression, Grassley needs to stick a fork in himself and go home. Obviously, he’s done doing any critical thinking, if he ever did, and shouldn’t be around other normal people anymore, where they might catch something.

• 71 jackiegrumbacher
        April 7, 2012 at 5:01 pm

You have to qualify as the dumbest person in the world to call PBO stupid. Has this guy ever been right in his life? He seems too dumb to live.

• 72 Pamela
          April 7, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Well, i was brushing the kitty, and it came to mind that grassley reminds me very much of a hairball. So, that’s it.

• 73 utaustinliberal
      April 7, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Chuck Grassley a GOP Senator sent out a tweet saying the American people are not as stupid as a President who is an ex-Constitutional lawyer. He’s getting push back on twitter. He basically called PBO stupid. The nerve of some of these cretins in the GOP. They really don’t respect the office of the Presidency.

April 7, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Okay…so he tweeted it. Okay, then that’s different than if he were actually on MSNBC show saying that. .

• 76 Mel
        April 7, 2012 at 8:13 pm

So who are the american people? we ar and we are no stupid he called stupid to a Harvard law review
        President? really ? Oh I forgot PBO was prof of constitutional law in Chicago . So Chuckie you have
        nothing on PBO and he will make look sooo realy stupid.

April 7, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I didn’t see the show so I’m not sure what exactly it refers to. But the bigger question is what did Mr. Hayes do about it? Did he just sit there and allow Grassley to be disrespectful or did he clarify what Grassley actually said/implied and call him out on this right away? If he did the former (which is most likely what he did), he he is not helping by tweeting about after the fact unless he intends to directly take this up with Mr. Grassley. This cowardly behavior that some “liberals” on MSNBC display when GOP guests are on their show is tiresome and at times, harmful.

It makes no sense tweeting about this after the fact if Hayes allowed Grassley his MSNBC platform to spew this disrespect in the first place.

10. 78 AJ
    April 7, 2012 at 12:11 pm

I was just gonna post about this bizarre encounter I had ten with a Razor-scooting, late forty-something (!)woman who was scooting IN THE STREET AGAINST TRAFFIC, completely OBLIVIOUS to the danger,when I read annibella’s post.

I have not heard of Howard Morgan, but now my story of how I read this lady the riot act once she stopped and locked up her scooter to go into the grocery store (“Did you think about how the person who could’ve hit and killed you would feel??”) seems kinda silly.

However, she did turn red, just before she turned and walked wordlessly into the store.

There, take THAT,stupid people of the world. Or at least, stupid scooting middle aged women who ride in the road against traffic.

11. April 7, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Hello everyone. Happy (almost) Easter. Loved the RMoney cartoon. Speaking of RMoney, p.m. carpenter has a great post up re: his lying. p.m. is citing a column by Dana Milbank. So if you click on his name on our blogroll, you’ll be rewarded the pleasure of his column and a link to Milbank’s: it’s a toofer.

April 7, 2012 at 12:29 pm

This is Chuck Grassley’s tweet where he called PBO stupid.

April 7, 2012 at 12:55 pm
  14. 97 vitaminlover
    April 7, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Willard ain’t ready to lead nothin’!!!

April 7, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Grassley is at it again with more disrespect – this time “Barack wakeup.”

• 99 ChristiMTL
      April 7, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Barack????

Ef him, he’s sick……..a racist pig….no respect whatsoever.

Grrrrrrr

• 100 utaustinliberal
      April 7, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I found out Chuck Grassley has been eating pink slime beef for the past 20 years. Explains a lot.

• 102 Cha
      April 7, 2012 at 4:31 pm

President Obama is not taking advice from a lyingm, Stupid snake in the grass, grassley.

• April 8, 2012 at 4:40 am

Before I let rip at Chuck-up Grassley I want to wish all my TOD family a very happy and blessed Easter.

Chuck-up is the most ignorant, warmongering,vile piece of shit. I doubt that pond scum would even know where Syria is on a map! That man is not even fit to pick up Bo’s messages, he is the one who needs to wake the f up and see that the world has the greatest leader in PBO and that we all need him for another 4 years. At last we have a President who is prepared to do the right thing even if it is not easy or popular with warmongering repubs and idiot commentators.

Sorry for the rant guys it just makes my blood boil when President Obama is disrespected.

16. 104 collegekay
    April 7, 2012 at 1:16 pm

is PBO going to play golf? just saw his motorcade like 20mins ago

17. 105 Linda
    April 7, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Is there a way to see what people are tweeting to Grassley ? I don’t have twitter….

18. April 7, 2012 at 1:36 pm

300 friends donating even as little as $10 for Hachico (@marabout40) Dionne and Tucker will raise $3000+ for them to reboot. All you need is her email address for Paypal or you can go thru EverRibbon which uses WePay. https://everribbon.com/Tucker&Dionne

• April 7, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Yes katherine, I just donated through “WePay”, and It was very easy and simple, I like that, thanks a lot :-)

• 118 a4alice
      April 7, 2012 at 7:25 pm

did you start this Katherine? What a great idea! easy to do and you can tweet it too. Thanks for thinking of it.

• 119 andogriff
      April 7, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Excellent, just donated too… so easy, compared to PayPal! Hope plenty of folks can donate in time for their move to Maine.

19. 121 Linda
    April 7, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Republican Jobs Program….Gawd I cannot stand this man.

Under Gov. Chris Christie, New Jersey supposedly can’t afford to pay its public workers the pensions they worked for and contributed to while the state failed to contribute its share. But meanwhile Christie has doled out $1.57 billion in tax cuts to businesses, supposedly to create or preserve jobs, the New York Times’ Charles Bagli reports.

About those jobs: One program has provided $900 million in tax credits to 15 companies. The result?

The companies have promised to add 2,364 jobs, or $387,537 in tax credits per job, over the next decade.

With savvy, thrifty fiscal policy like that, no wonder:

New Jersey has recovered only 20 percent, or 51,500, of the 261,000 jobs lost during the recession, compared with 80 percent in New York City.

Chris Christie isn’t spending $1.57 billion on a jobs program. In line with his priorities, it’s a corporate tax break program thinly disguised as a jobs program.

April 7, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Alex Witt(less) was interviewing Tina Brown on her show, earlier, about “what advice” she’d give President Obama. Tina Brown.

I’d like to tell y’all what advice I’d like to give Alex and Tina, but I don’t want to speak that way on the blog.

Fools.

April 7, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Hey TOD. I believe this is another way we can help Marabout in her current heartbreaking situation.

• 126 prosperitesucces
      April 7, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Hi UT,

Thank you for this link. I chipped in a little, not much but I’ll contribute more next week.

• 127 Canuck Joyce
        April 7, 2012 at 3:34 pm

This is Canuck Joyce, I don`t know why I got a different name above. Crazy wp????

• 128 isonprize
          April 7, 2012 at 3:40 pm

same as “Crazycanuck” ? or are you a different Canadian? :smile:

• 129 Canuck Joyce
            April 7, 2012 at 3:51 pm

LOL I always knew I had some crazy in me but never advertise it to the world :D
            That would make 2 crazy canucks then!

It`s so easy to donate to Hachiko through this medium. Thank you to those who organized it!
            Love my TOD family

• April 7, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Yes, I just donated, very easy and simple :-)

• 132 sherijr
      April 7, 2012 at 3:48 pm

oh thank you UT – this is so wonderful, I didn’t know about it.. but have now tweeted and facebooked and will try to donate here too.. perfecto! this may well be the way to get her to Maine, how lovely people are :)

• 133 taiping1
        April 7, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I did the PayPal link which worked great. Hope the support, prayers, and hope buoys her up and she can find respite then work.

• 134 Dudette
      April 7, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Thanks! Chipped in a little more to follow.

• 135 a4alice
      April 7, 2012 at 7:24 pm

thanks UT that was easy.

• 136 lmrj
      April 7, 2012 at 7:58 pm

On the way home from the hardware store today I went to a branch of her bank and deposited my donation. Wish I had seen this before I left. :-) Great idea. Great site!

April 7, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Thanks ut! Yes, WePay is much easier than PayPal. I couldn’t recall my PayPal password for the life of me and I’m just not in the mood to go resetting password.

22. 139 auni
    April 7, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I remember when Jay Sekulow was working for Paul and Jan Crouch. He helped those TV preachers tell little old ladies how they could write an ironclad will to leave their money to TBN even though their kids didn’t want them to. I remember the day Jay showed up with half his nose removed via plastic surgery. I remember Paul called him his “little Jewish Lawyor”. I remember them showing pictures of a very modest house where Jay supposedly lived, complete with a huge picture of him over the fireplace–sure that was his house!! I used to watch TBN once in awhile just because I couldn’t believe how they tricked people into sending money. I don’t know why I found that fascinating! I think Jay wants those TBN days to be forgotten.

23. 140 theo67
    April 7, 2012 at 2:39 pm

I’m sitting in a restaurant having a solo brunch and laughing my head off. Lots of stares… 😜

24. 142 Linda
    April 7, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Chuck Grassley: ‘I’ve Lived Off The Public Tit All These Years’

25. 144 0388jojothecat
    April 7, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Story about a furniture maker who offshored his family’s furniture business to China and is “re-shoring” it back to the USA…

• April 7, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I believe PO had this owner at some meeting at the WH…..something about manufacturing and bringing jobs back to USA. I also think he was at the SOTU speech.

• 146 0388jojothecat
        April 7, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Thats good to know tnmtngirl. It will be the legacy of President Obama that started the trend of americans bringing jobs and good manufacturing jobs back to america. We must get him re-elected again.

26. 148 globalcitizenlinda
    April 7, 2012 at 2:53 pm

why are people like chuck grassely still in the senate?

April 7, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I’m not sure. Some Iowans need a dose of reality.

April 7, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Some Iowans ain’t got a bit of dam sense. There need to be a term limits for Senators. If the President can only serve two terms, the same should be for Senators and Congress people. I sent Grassley a email.

April 7, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Don’t forget to tune in (or set your DVR’s) to this evening’s of “To Kill a Mockingbird” on it’s 50th anniversary with an introduction by our great President Barack Obama, on the USA network @ 8PM ET.

April 7, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Have my DVR set, but still almost forgot. So, thanks for the reminder.

• 153 magapie
        April 7, 2012 at 3:21 pm

We coincidentally Netflix-ed it last week to watch it with our 10 year-old. Wonderful film. It should be required viewing and discussion in our elementary and middle schools. Watch it young and again a few years later.

• 155 Ladyhawke
      April 7, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Thanks for the reminder. I love this movie. I can’t wait to see the introduction by President Obama. I must run out and get some popcorn.

I guess we can expect the right wing heads to explode over this. They are always looking for the next thing they should be outraged about. I am sure they will come of up some nefarious reason why this is totally unacceptable. Maybe they will insist that Mitt “Pants On Fire” Romney get to introduce a movie of his choice.

28. 157 Ladyhawke
    April 7, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Melissa Harris Perry interviewed actress Kerry Washington this morning. They talked about her new TV series “Scandal”, the arts, and the current political atmosphere. Kerry is just lovely and she is a wealth of information. She is passionate about the importance of the arts. She gets it. And most importantly, President Obama could not ask for a more dedicated and informed surrogate.

———————————————————————————

29. April 7, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Say What —-> “remember the scornful reaction in 1994 when Ann tried to strike a common chord by saying that, during your student days, the two of you sometimes had to sell stock to get by?”
    ————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Gosh, the poor things had to sell stock to get by? How does that conversation go by the way?

“Buffy and Chad invited us to Aspen so we we’re going to need a few grand for the weekend. Let’s call our broker to see if we can unload some IBM stock?

Holy shit! and Mitt is going around calling Pres.Obama out of touch? The average Americans sells their clothes, wedding rings, cars, and homes to get by. These two are selling stocks.

“I’ve don’t consider myself wealthy” – Ann Romney

• 159 isonprize
      April 7, 2012 at 4:07 pm

How “out of touch” do you have to be to accuse your opponent of spending too much time at Harvard Law School, when you also attended Harvard Law School, and got a MBA from Harvard Business School , and sent a few of your sons there also?

What a whistlehead.

30. April 7, 2012 at 3:59 pm

So, I see Huff and Stuff dug up some videos of those Lavish Parties, the GSA had.
    Thus, The Republicans have more ammunition, and have now scheduled Hearings on the matter.
    Does Huff and Stuff get that the Republicans will try and tie The President to this scandal?
    Whose side are they on?
    If it Is not one thing, it’s the next!

• 161 globalcitizenlinda
      April 7, 2012 at 4:08 pm

ariana and her staff at huff have NEVER been on the President’s side- she vacations with newt in south of france. Please review all their stories and see that they are always against President Obama.

remember that the huff is the first place that reported and run the story about the comment in the 2008 primary where they quoted then-Senator Obama as having said that some people “cling to their religion and guns”. they had this story as a headline for long and milked it for all the revenue they could get

• 162 Linda
        April 7, 2012 at 4:13 pm

GSA is an Independent Agency and has nothing to do with the Executive branch….this won’t stick..

Where was Issa’s Oversight ????

• 163 Sharon
          April 7, 2012 at 10:40 pm

I’ve not seen it anywhere reprising the GSA administrator under GWBush who was finally forced to resign because of the politicization of her department. Had political officials in to address her employees while asking them “What can we do to help our candidates.” Was rampant through all departments. At Congressional hearings she had a hard time remembering anything. She’s still around. Posts on Politco’s Arena. Has no sense of shame.

• 164 Linda
      April 7, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Don’t forget the new owner , Tim Armstrong ?, is a Romney supporter….he name was on the last FEC filing…

• 166 MsKitty
      April 7, 2012 at 4:17 pm

One of Arianna cohorts in the founding of the Huffington Post was the late Andrew Breitbart. That should tell you ALL you need to know right there.

• 167 itgurl_29
      April 7, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Arianna is a right wing nut. The Huffington Post is a right wing anti-Obama site. I don’t understand why people who support the President still go there and give that hate site clicks. You may as well be on Fox Nation. They push the same anti-Obama narratives.

31. 168 globalcitizenlinda
    April 7, 2012 at 4:02 pm

A series of tragic shootings that happened overnight in Tulsa OK may ignite more challenges for this nation because some news outlets are reporting them as possible targeting of black people who are simply walking through their neighborhood.

this report has a more neutral title than what title I first read on the same CNN. I do not know what to make of it all but a community is feeling under seige now because the gunman/woman is still on the loose.

here is the more recent report.

“Tulsa police search for suspected lone gunman”

From Nick Valencia, CNN

updated 2:54 PM EDT, Sat April 7, 2012.

(CNN) — Police in Tulsa, Oklahoma, were working around the clock Saturday to track a gunman suspected of a series of shootings that left three dead and two critically injured.

Tulsa police Capt. Jonathan Brooks said investigators were looking into whether the shootings may have been possible hate crimes.

Officers were canvassing the neighborhood, he said.

All of the victims are black. The suspected shooter is a white male and is believed to be traveling in a white truck, said Brooks.

The two victims who survived told police that the suspect pulled up and asked for directions just before firing. He didn’t use any racial slurs, which is typical in hate crime cases, Brooks said.

According to police, on Friday, there were four locations where the five people were shot. All of the shootings happened within a mile of each other.

The first reported shooting occurred at 1:03 a.m., Brooks said. Dannaer Fields, 49, died at the hospital.

Three minutes later, another shooting was reported, with two victims. They are in critical condition but expected to survive, Brooks said.

Just before 2 a.m., another fatal shooting victim was recovered. The third fatal victim was found around 8 a.m., but police suspect he had been shot much earlier, Brooks said.

Police say they know that an older model white truck with some rust on it was seen at three of the crime scenes. They are currently investigating whether the same weapon, believed to be a small-caliber gun, was used in all of the attacks.

The shootings happened in a predominantly residential neighborhood, considered a demographically diverse place, Brooks said.

source:

• 169 nintendowii10
      April 7, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Look at what Florida started with the Zimmerman dilemma. They literally have blood on their hands!

April 7, 2012 at 6:50 pm

globalcitizenlinda, I just heard about this on the nightly news. What ashame. God help us.

• 171 globalcitizenlinda
        April 7, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Yes Anniebella, I just saw a part of this on ABC Evening News. I suspect other news broadcasts will/have also carried the story.

the few facts

• 172 globalcitizenlinda
          April 7, 2012 at 7:17 pm

the few facts that have been broadcast so far make me think that this is one of those stories which will feature in the news cycle.

why in the world people think that they can just shoot people is beyond my comprehension

32. April 7, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Were you to walk into parts of the Obama reelection campaign’s headquarters, you could be forgiven for thinking you were in Silicon Valley.

Beginning last year, Obama’s re-election effort started hiring dozens of designers and developers, engineers, and data scientists. A cross check of the Obama for America FEC filings and Twitter bios turns up at least 36 hires whose resumes could place them on a tech team, rather than a political one. A perusal of their job board turns up a slew of positions located in “HQ Digital,” ranging from front end developer to senior web engineer.

“I am here to make sure technology is a successful force multiplier within the campaign,” the campaign’s chief technology officer, Harper Reed, said in a statement given to the Chicago Tribune when he was hired. Reed came to the campaign from the startup world, where he ran a hosting company, served as CTO of the collaborative Chicago-based t-shirt company Threadless and did a stint with the hosting giant Rackspace.

33. 174 Linda
    April 7, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Students Meagan Como, left, and Jennifer Williams, right, hold cardboard aspirins between their knees while participating Friday in a demonstration in support of the CSU Students United for Reproductive Justice to protest the appearance of Foster Friess at the Hilton Fort Collins. Friess, a major donor to the Super Pac behind Rick Santorum’s presidential bid, recently said, ‘You know, back in my days, they used Bayer Aspirin for contraceptives. The gals put it between their knees and it wasn’t costly.’

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20120407/NEWS0101/204070323/Students-protest-Santorum-s-aspirin-donor?odyssey=mod” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”>http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20120407/NEWS0101/204

• 175 globalcitizenlinda
      April 7, 2012 at 5:13 pm

these students are standing up like Ms Sandra Fluke.

I do not know what is wrong with some on the campuses who keep inviting these abusive people to antagonize the students after ther hav already insulted them

34. April 7, 2012 at 4:13 pm

As expected, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and the Republican National Committee have officially filed paperwork to form a joint fundraising committee, Federal Election Commission records from today show.

Formally dubbed Romney Victory, Inc., the joint fundraising committee will also include the Idaho Republican Party, Oklahoma Leadership Council, Vermont Republican Federal Election Committee and the Massachusetts Republican State Congressional Committee as participants, filings show.

Keith A. Davis of Alexandria, Va.-based political accounting firm Huckaby Davis Lisker will serve as treasurer.

See the filing here.

Joint fundraising committees may raise money on behalf of any or all of its member committees and distribute contributions to them at its discretion, so long as the contributions stay within federal campaign finance limits.

—///
    Interesting! Which is the sole reason they wanted the primary over with! $$$$$$$$$Money$$$$$$$$$$

35. 178 Linda

……………\\\\\\\\..A..\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    …………….\\\\\\\\..N..\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    ………………\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

36. April 7, 2012 at 5:04 pm
    • 181 globalcitizenlinda
      April 7, 2012 at 5:25 pm

some people are really working hard to expose the political cockroaches – we can now put a name to the legislations

• 182 globalcitizenlinda
      April 7, 2012 at 5:31 pm

i hope that by the time of the elcetion, every voter has heard of ALEC. it needs to be put apart if its very harmful role is to be curtailed

37. April 7, 2012 at 5:06 pm
    • 184 joanshaw
      April 7, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Excellent David!!

• 185 globalcitizenlinda
      April 7, 2012 at 5:17 pm

good dig at the hate-filled senator.

My only concern is that the 6-year olds have better sense and may in fact feel insulted by equating them to such hateful individuals like grssley

April 7, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Bravo Mr. Axelrod. You would think that as old as Senator Grassley is, he would show some class, but you can’t show what you ain’t got.

• 187 MsKitty
      April 7, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Kaboom!

• 188 TrumpDog
      April 7, 2012 at 8:01 pm

HEY! That’s similar to a tweet I sent ultraliberal earlier today, except I’d said the hijacker was 7 years old!
      Me and Axelrod; great minds think alike ;-)

• 189 PoliticalJunkessa
      April 7, 2012 at 8:10 pm

PERFECT response!

Twitter wars with Grassley are useless, but this — this is perfection.

Go Axe. :mrgreen:

• 190 Cha
      April 7, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Bravisssimo, David! That’s the perfect response to Sen Grassley’s twitter spasms..much nice than my calling him a sneaky little snake in the grass.

38. 192 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    April 7, 2012 at 5:15 pm

LOVE THE ‘HOLLOW’ CARTOON…HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A RESTFUL WEEKEND! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL DAY!…:)

39. April 7, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Knoller is a bitter, disgusting, poor excuse for a reporter:

40. 197 LunarSea
    April 7, 2012 at 5:43 pm

This is a message for Hachiko:

Not sure where you are but please check this site for help with getting your stuff & with your landlord.

You can check to see if your zip code falls under their jurisdiction on this page:

per their site:
    If you are eligible, call our housing hotline, (718) 237-5559, between 9:30 AM and 11:30 AM on Tuesday or Thursday. Please have your papers with you when you call and please have a pen and paper handy.

If you have just received a marshal’s notice, or if you have just been evicted, you may come to the office without an appointment on Tuesday or Thursday between the hours of 1:30 PM and 4:30 PM.
    /end quote

If you are not under their jurisdiction call to find out which of their borough offices does. Without their assistance, you may only get a couple of hours at most to remove your stuff with someone looking over your shoulder. Meanwhile prepare a written chronology of rent due dates, conversations with LL and any notices you may have received.

Also be sure to go to the post office that services your apt and either get a mailbox to have mail from that address forwarded to or have them hold it. If he is as underhanded as he sounds, he may feign fulfilling notice requirements by sending to your last known address.

Sorry to interrupt this thread. Just want to make sure Hachiko contacts the legal service asap for help dealing with this creep.

Take care

• 198 utaustinliberal
      April 7, 2012 at 5:58 pm

You can send the links to her on Twitter. Her twitter handle is @Marabout40.

• April 7, 2012 at 11:38 pm

LunarSea, that is so wonderful of you to get this information for Hachiko. It is all going to work out. We will help in anyway that we can and we have faith that it will all work out.

We have such beautiful family members here. I love you all so much.HZ

41. 200 Linda
    April 7, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Huff Puff has Grassley’s Stupid comment as their Main story now…..

Little slow aren’t they ?

April 7, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Yes, they probably had to get Arianna’s direct permission first, before putting down a Republican. Probably waited all day, for her to decide.

42. April 7, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Doesn’t Fl. Gov. Medicare Fraudster Rick Scott have anything better to do than repealing 45 yr. ban on dyeing bunnies and chicks? Republicans are disgusting.

43. 203 anniebella
    April 7, 2012 at 6:08 pm

I don’t tweet, but I will send the six year old Senator Grassley a email.

April 7, 2012 at 6:44 pm

I don’t want to give six year old a bad name, so I will say I sent the senile Senator Grassley a email.

April 7, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Great. Let’s keep sending him emails and tweets. What a loser. Beyond loser. Can’t think of anything nasty enough to say about him.

44. April 7, 2012 at 6:41 pm

President Obama is set to hit the road on Tuesday to talk up his “Buffett Rule,” as Democrats push an election year message of tax fairness and economic equality.

Obama is scheduled to travel to Florida, a swing state that pulled the lever for him in 2008, to press the case for ensuring that those making more than $1 million a year pay a higher tax rate than middle class families.

“The president believes in standing up for the middle class and making our tax system fairer, where everyone plays by the same set of rules, in order to ensure the economic security of the middle class,” the White House said in a release announcing the event at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton.

Obama will travel to Florida just days before the Senate is expected to take a procedural vote on a Buffett Rule bill introduced by Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.). Rep. Tammy Baldwin, the presumptive Democratic nominee for Wisconsin’s open Senate seat, has rolled out the House version of the measure.

April 7, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Thanks, Jovie. Glad PBO is hitting the trail, again. Hopefully, we’ll get to see some of it!

45. 208 Linda
    April 7, 2012 at 7:08 pm

In a not entirely surprising development, John Derbyshire has been fired by National Review in the wake of his racist rant from yesterday:

Anyone who has read Derb in our pages knows he’s a deeply literate, funny, and incisive writer.

His latest provocation, in a webzine, lurches from the politically incorrect to the nasty and indefensible. We never would have published it, but the main reason that people noticed it is that it is by a National Review writer. Derb is effectively using our name to get more oxygen for views with which we’d never associate ourselves otherwise. So there has to be a parting of the ways. Derb has long danced around the line on these issues, but this column is so outlandish it constitutes a kind of letter of resignation. It’s a free country, and Derb can write whatever he wants, wherever he wants. Just not in the pages of NR or NRO, or as someone associated with NR any longer.

• 209 globalcitizenlinda
      April 7, 2012 at 7:22 pm

rightwingers have allowed blind hate to eviserate any little intelligence they have – not even the thought of securing one’s job can caution these hatefilled people to keep their racist views private.

one question I ask is, WHY did they allow him to publish this garbage if they did not agree with it? I expect someone must have looked it over before hitting submit

• 210 SUE DUVALL SMITH
        April 7, 2012 at 7:25 pm

THEIR RACISM HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE…IT TOOK AN AFRICAN AMERICAN PRESIDENT TO UNCOVER WHAT REALLY EXISTS IN THIS COUNTRY…IT’S SHAMEFUL AND DISAPPOINTING…TO BE SURE…GOD IS NOT SMILING. HAVE A BLESSED NIGHT EVERYONE…AM TIRED…HITTING THE PILLOW FLUFF W/ MY REMOTE…:)

• 211 L3
          April 7, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Agreed Sue. It was always there and we’d see it periodically in the shootings of black men, the beating of Rodney King and the lynching of James Byrd but, usually the country could come to some consensus that these incidents were wrong and unacceptable. It took the successful candidacy of PBO which caught everyone, particularly the racists, by surprise and the subsequent desperation of John McCain which resulted in his selection of Sara Palin to mainstream public racism. She put a “pretty” face on hatred in this country and as the media and the public embraced her, the racists in this country were given permission to come out and play.

Just a few years ago, Trent Lott was driven from his position of power for saying things that would be considered benign in this climate. That writer felt completely comfortable putting his hatred in print because these days no one pays a price anymore for airing their hatred publicly. I think as the racists come to believe that PBO is likely to be re-elected, their frustration and hatred will only grow. It will be up to a civil society to check this nonsense as it happens or as Bobfr says often we may likely be headed towards another civil war.

April 7, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Think back some of the things Rev. Wright said about this country. This is my opinion, he was was telling the truth about some people in this country. We have seen the ugly side of America, with this right wing hatred. I know we have good people also in this country, but i don’t kid myself about why most of these people hate President Obama. B-L-A-C-K

April 7, 2012 at 7:57 pm

It seem they have taken off the white hoods, and they wear that racism proudly on their chest. And those who keep their mouth close will be just as much responsible as the racists ones. You have Republican politicians who refuse to speak up against what they know is racism, because they don’t want to lose votes.

• 215 L3
              April 7, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Agreed. The Republican Party is also complicit. They used to care if they were perceived as a racist party. They don’t care anymore because the current Republican Party is comprised of mostly racist, power-hungry people who believe the only way to win is to separate the white people in this country from the minorities because this is still a majority white country. That’s always been their strategy to win elections (i.e. the Southern Strategy). A black president just makes it that more obvious. I think the few sane Republicans are afraid to speak out because they are now the minority in their Party. This explains why there are so many independents right now. They are mostly embarrassed Republicans who have fled their Party for the protection of the Independent label.

• April 7, 2012 at 11:00 pm

The election of PBO and our nation’s changing demographics have caused them to lurch right over the proverbial cliff. What has always been surprising to me is that those in the GOP who claim they aren’t racist, continue to sit silently and allow their party to be portrayed as being filled with racists and tolerate it. I don’t see how they can do it. I’d be out of the Democratic Party in a heartbeat if the party tolerated the racist BullStank that the GOP tolerates. There doesn’t appear to be any grown ups left in the party.

• 217 utaustinliberal
      April 7, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Rich Lowry – twitter handle @RichLowry – is a pathetic coward for that wimpy statement. He’s so pathetic he can’t even call Derbyshire what he is: A Racist. In 2003, Derbyshire said he was proud to call himself a racist & yet the National Review – twitter handle @NRO – still hired him. What does that say about them? They should be renamed Nationalist Socialist Review aka we are Neo Nazis. Rich Lowry has the nerve to call Derbyshire a “deeply literate, funny, and incisive writer.

This is what Derbyshire wrote about black people. How the heck is this “deeply literate” It’s the barking of a racist cretin.

• 218 L3
        April 7, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Is Derbyshire the guy from England with the deep voice?

• 219 globalcitizenlinda
          April 7, 2012 at 8:37 pm

he is from England but he is an American citizen. I do not know the tenor of his voice because I have never heard him speak.

• 220 L3
            April 7, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Thanks. I have seen someone with a deep, rich voice with an English accent on FOX a few times in the past. I always thought it takes a lot of nerve for a person born outside this country to come here and espouse racist views against people who’ve been here for centuries.

• 221 isonprize
        April 7, 2012 at 8:05 pm

UT, apparently, takimag has taken down that link. Good, if it’s one less racist rant on the internet. Wow, just wow. I think I need to hear my president’s prescient words again.

We know the battle ahead will be long.

Always remember no matter what obstacles stand in our way,

Nothing can stand in the way of millions of voices calling for change.

We have been told that we cannot do this by a chorus of cynics,

They will only grow louder and more dissonant.

We’ve been asked to pause for a reality check.

We’ve been warned against offering the people of this nation false hope.

But in the unlikely story that is America,

there has never been anything false about hope.

YES WE CAN.

April 7, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Remember TOD: To Kill A Mocking Bird airs tonight at 8PM ET on USA Network with an introduction by PBO.

April 7, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Sorry for the HP link, but did you know that Romney’s PAC secretly funded NOM? The same group that wants to tell you who to love, and turn AA’s and gays against one another.

He’s disgusting

• 227 jackiegrumbacher
      April 7, 2012 at 9:32 pm

NOM is a vile and repugnant organization that stops at nothing–there are no lies or strategies that are beneath them. The organization and Romney are two of a kind. Mr. Money is not fit to polish PBO’s shoes, let alone be president.

48. April 7, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Did you all see my president introducing “To Kill a Mockingbird?”

• 229 Walking_on_ Sunshine
      April 7, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Yes. I love this movie.

• 230 Betsy
      April 7, 2012 at 8:19 pm

NO, I missed it :(

April 7, 2012 at 8:35 pm

It’s on my DVR – thankfully. Because I was on the phone when it came on. I called my mother just to remind her to set her DVR – meanwhile, the two of us carry on in conversation and we both forget that it has started! Which defeated the purpose for my calling her in the first place!!! SHEESH hopefruit…

• 232 a4alice
      April 7, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Yep. I’m watching the movie now too! :-)

49. 233 mtmarilyn
    April 7, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Have it dvr’d. Great intro!

Desertflower, if you read this email me at mjoatmontanadotcom. We are on our way to Phoenix Monday.

50. 235 PoliticalJunkessa
    April 7, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Watched my President’s excellent intro to “To Kill a Mockingbird.” DVRing the movie in case I don’t get to watch it uninterrupted.

Happy to know that 50 years after an American Classic Film was released, an American Classic President got to mark its anniversary.

April 7, 2012 at 8:14 pm

This church sign is freaking awesome: “God Prefers Kind Atheists Over Hateful Christians.”

52. 239 isonprize
    April 7, 2012 at 8:20 pm

cable acting out. Any link to PBO’s intro for To Kill A Mockingbird? PRETTY PLEASE?

53. 240 Jazz
    April 7, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Ben Carson discussing his book “America the Beautiful – Rediscovering What Made This Nation Great” on C-Span 2 now

54. 241 57andfemale
    April 7, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Wow. Good for USAxtv. Even the commercial is awesome.

• April 7, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Yes!!! Awesome. Thank you USA tv.

Get this: Just after TKAM came on, I posted the quote by PO……In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope. I then commented on my update that I was watching to Kill a Mockingbird…….timely. The guy I talked about yesterday (Lt. Colonel in AF, wife drawing diability for bad back (?????), insists he is a centrist, says I’m racist for sharing things from WSBYWSO or TPP, always has the GOP talking points down perfectly) commented: Hope is not a strategy. What a jerk! I am not responding.

55. 247 Hachikō
    April 7, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Hello TOD family. How is everyone doing? I hope everyone’s having a happy Passover/Easter weekend. It was a beautiful day here in NYC.

I finally had a good night’s rest last night. Woke up a bit depressed, though. Had to get out for some sun and fresh air to cheer up. :(

On my way to see Tucker, my landlord finally called me back, and said he was available to meet me back at the apartment. I took the train straight there. He was actually very kind to me. Took my garbage out for me, helped me carry my suitcase downstairs, and said that I should just call him whenever I was ready to come and pack. I told him it would take me a few days to pack and move out, and he said it was no problem.

I felt even more guilty that I had not paid him and had caused him to have to take me to court. I really hate myself for that.

Anyway, by the time I got back to the hotel and called the place where Tucker is boarded, they said it was too late for me to come see him. That they were starting to get them settled and Tucker is very excitable after I leave him and hard to calm. They’re closed tomorrow, so I won’t see him again until Monday. I miss him terribly. I know he misses me, too. He won’t eat. It’s my fault my pup has to go through this. It’s my responsibility to make sure he’s safe and well taken care of. Now we’re homeless. I can’t lose him, though. I won’t let that happen.

I sent Chip an email with the names of everyone who sent me money via paypal. I want to be sure to thank each of you individually, but I don’t know you by your names, just your twitter or TOD handle(s). But until she can identify each of you for me (if you want to be, i.e.) let me just say thank you ever so much to everyone who donated, sent me good wishes, and just for all the love – because that’s what you’ve all shown me since I became part of this family: LOVE. Your love will get me through this and back on my feet.

Thank you and blessings to all you.

• 248 57andfemale
      April 7, 2012 at 9:14 pm

oh great! I cut and pasted your address at paypal, and after I hit ‘send’ it appears that paypal mis-read the cut and paste. If you can, can you let me know if it came through okay? We’re pulling for you!

• 249 57andfemale
        April 7, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I think you can ignore the above post. The email address appears correct. Hope to do more in the coming days.

Give Tucker a kiss for me!

• 250 Hachikō
        April 7, 2012 at 9:32 pm

I would, but I don’t know your name. :( Maybe a last name or whatever you feel like making public?

• 251 mtmarilyn
          April 7, 2012 at 11:05 pm

I just sent you some via paypal. This is a family and we help to take care of our own. We could be in your situation at any time. God bless you and Tucker. Something really fantastic is waiting for you out there!!!!!

• April 8, 2012 at 12:13 am

Hachiko, do not worry, we will help you get through this. I just donated through the link that was above https://everribbon.com
            and it was very easy to do. I read everything about it, so I have no fear of donating there. I will be donating more as well.

Now do not worry:

I. will pray for you to relax and be as calm within as you possibly can. This is not easy.
            2. Rest when you can.
            3. Relax, so when you see Tucker, you can enjoy your visit.

I will pray for these:
            That the landlord’s heart will be touched with tenderness.
            That Tucker will feel your calmness (even though you are so down inside) so he can feel your good energy which might calm him. So relax before you go for your visit.

(((((( I Will Pray))))))
            I ‘ll pray that Tucker will eat something very soon.
            I’ll pray for your safety
            I’ll pray that we will donate enough funds for you to make the steps that you need right now.
            I’ll pray for more donations to come in as soon as possible wrapped in much love as well.
            I’ll pray for you to get some rest and peace about all of this.
            I’ll pray that you will get your things packed and stored safely.
            I’ll pray that you will find a job that will be just right for you and get it very soon. Right on time.
            I’ll pray that you will have faith and trust and ask Big with Big faith.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Okay, because we love you, Hachiko)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) HZ

You do not have to worry about writing me a thank you, just thank God and give all the Praise to that Divine Power and share your faith in your situtation with someone else who will need it someday. That is the thank you. I do not need one. You are so loved by your TOD Family. Get some rest.HZ

• 253 Hachikō
            April 8, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Thank you, Marilyn. God bless you. I pray for a miracle everyday.

• 254 Renegade522/AuntSis
      April 7, 2012 at 9:14 pm

I am so sorry you are going through this. Please continue to pray – it does help even though you may think you are all alone. Keep your head up and stay strong. Please try to see Tucker first thing Monday. I think it will do wonders for the both of you.

• April 7, 2012 at 9:18 pm

It’s so good to hear from you. As sad as I am for what you are going through, I sense you and Tucker are going to make it through. You’ve been through a lot and yet you still come back fighting. When it’s all behind you you can write a book about your adventures. Heck, if Sarah Palin can do it so can you. Be well and know how much you’re loved.

• 258 Hachikō
        April 7, 2012 at 9:33 pm

You’re not the first person to suggest I write a book. Lord knows I have enough to fill one…and then some. Thank you, sweetbay. :-)

• April 8, 2012 at 12:23 am

Great idea. Maybe keep a journal and then write one from that. I want to read it before this little senior move on, so I will pray for the best to happen out of this, (((((((Love you dear one))))))))) Give Tucker a Big Hug from all of us also.((((((((( To Tucker))))))))HZ

• 261 Hachikō
        April 8, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Thank you, sweetbay. :-)

April 7, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Will you get the $ if we do that Ever?? it was called. Everyone said that was easy. So glad that you got sleep. One day at a time.

• 266 jackiegrumbacher
      April 7, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Hackiko, I’m glad your getting some kindness from your landlord and I know things seem overwhelming right now and you miss Tucker, but please don’t blame yourself for things. You did the best you could about Tucker, giving him a safe place to stay while you get things together and you did the best you could by your landlord with your limited resources. So, first, forgive yourself. Too much energy is wasted on self recrimination. Second, take care of your needs and don’t worry about thanking people. We’re all adults and don’t need to be thanked just for reaching out to one another in time of need. Worry, guilt, regret–all of that just weighs you down. You do have lots of love supporting you and that will carry you through all that needs to be done in reuniting with Tucker, retrieving your stuff and finding a permanent place to land. You are moving forward, Hachiko, and all will be well. God bless you and Happy Easter!

• 272 Cha
      April 7, 2012 at 11:52 pm

It’s good to see all the progress that’s happened since this “out on the street” happened, Hachiko. All the kindness & Aloha is very encouraging and inspiring for Humanity!

Please do not hate yourself for not being able to keep up with that extraordinary amount of rent(to me) when you didn’t have a job. It could happen to anyone and this is all uncharted waters for you. Hoping the very best for you to find a job and terra firma as soon as possible. In the mean time it’s so wonderful that you have friends-family who care about you~

• April 8, 2012 at 12:45 am

Hachiko, I purchased some candles today while I was out, and I have them lit all over the upstairs now just for you and Tucker. I have the music on, candles burning, and I put out some beautiful Daffodils from Trader and placed them all around where the candles are burning.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Daffodils, Music, and Candles for Our Beautiful Hachiko and Tucker)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) TOD Family.

• 274 Hachikō
        April 8, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Thank you, Cha. Thank you for those kind words and your love. God bless you.

56. April 7, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Exactly!

57. April 7, 2012 at 8:54 pm
    • April 7, 2012 at 8:55 pm
        April 7, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Romney don’t know what the word leadership means, he think it means buying companies, firing people and making money for him and his 1% buddies.

• April 7, 2012 at 9:24 pm

He has Bush advisers, they are all political and very ruthless!

April 7, 2012 at 9:47 pm

The Obama campaign will not underestimate the Bush advisers, so I don’t think they are shaking in their boots over the Bush advisers. They are and will be ready, and will get down and dirty if they have too. Don’t look at POTUS wonderful smile and be fool that he don’t or can’t play dirty.

• April 8, 2012 at 12:54 am

You are so right, Anniebella. POB is Not worried about Bush advisers. In fact, they better worry about POB. As much crap they did to us, who should be afraid? I think Stephanie Cutter is no one to play with at all. She is a tough one to handle. They better be shaking in their boots for sure.

We Got This!!!!. You are right Anniebella, a lot of people think that miillion dollar smile is his only attribute, behind that smile is another smile, and I can’t say it on this beautiful site. But I know we all know what it is. POTUS is no ones fool or easy player. Trust me. HZ

April 7, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Oh, I am so glad Stephanie Cutter is going after Grassley.

58. 283 Renegade522/AuntSis
    April 7, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Thanks for posting link to ‘wepal’ for Marabout40. That was so easy. I will try to add a little more next pay.

59. 290 sabreen60
    April 7, 2012 at 9:16 pm
  60. April 7, 2012 at 9:21 pm

More than three years ago, the CIA dispatched a stealth surveillance drone into the skies over Iran.

The bat-winged aircraft penetrated more than 600 miles inside the country, captured images of Iran’s secret nuclear facility at Qom and then flew home. All the while, analysts at the CIA and other agencies watched carefully for any sign that the craft, dubbed the RQ-170 Sentinel, had been detected by Tehran’s air defenses on its maiden voyage.

“There was never even a ripple,” said a former senior U.S. intelligence official involved in the previously undisclosed mission.

CIA stealth drones scoured dozens of sites throughout Iran, making hundreds of passes over suspicious facilities, before a version of the RQ-170 crashed inside Iran’s borders in December. The surveillance has been part of what current and former U.S. officials describe as an intelligence surge that is aimed at Iran’s nuclear program and that has been gaining momentum since the final years of George W. Bush’s administration.

Stealth Drones! That is so Ironic, ya know?

61. April 7, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Mitt Romney is developing a Mirlande Wilson problem.

Wilson, for those not acquainted with the name, is the Maryland woman who claimed to have a winning lottery ticket worth $218 million. She had agreed to buy lottery tickets with money pooled from her co-workers at McDonald’s, but then she claimed that the winning ticket was one she bought separately. As the New York Daily News has documented, she has since claimed she’s not sure she won, she hasn’t checked the ticket, the ticket is at her home, the ticket is hidden at McDonald’s, the ticket is secreted away somewhere else, and now she can’t find it.

On Wednesday, she called a news conference, only for her lawyer to tell reporters to “go home.”

This was developing, by chance, on the same day I watched Romney, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, give a speech in Washington. Like Wilson and her golden ticket, Romney was having some trouble getting out the facts.

“Good morning,” he began, though it was already afternoon. The accuracy of his statements went downhill from there.

He blamed President Obama for the “weakest economic recovery since the Great Depression.”

Dana Milbank finally did some reporting!

• 294 Cha
      April 7, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Yes, Dana Milbank did a good job of pointing out that williard is sociopathic, pathological LIAR but, what’s up with this?..

“That candidates don’t tell the truth is hardly news. Voters already know there are lies, damn lies, and politics. And certainly, Romney has abundant company in his mendacity. Just this week, Obama dared the Supreme Court to overturn his health-care reforms, saying it “would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress.” In fact, the law passed by the barest of margins — and, as a former constitutional law instructor such as Obama surely knows, the Supreme Court routinely strikes down laws “

That doesn’t sound like President Obama and I know Milbank’s history hasn’t always been factual.

• 295 L3
        April 7, 2012 at 11:43 pm

That’s the false equivalence PBO was talking about. There is no way PBO is even remotely in the same category as the lying Williard.

62. 296 pkayden
    April 7, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Love the photos in this post — especially the ones with Prime Minister Cameron and his wife. Absolutely love the Obama Diary — such a breathe of fresh air.

63. 298 Hachikō
    April 7, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Does anyone know how to scroll down the page so you can see the “reply” button when you’re answering replies to your comments? I have so many messages I want to respond to, but the list is so long, the reply button is off my screen. :(

April 7, 2012 at 9:59 pm

That’s annoying. I have great difficulty navigating any of these sites with my cellphone. I don’t know how to reply to individual posts. Some sites are better than others, but it’s quite frustrating at times.

April 7, 2012 at 9:41 pm

I see “To Kill a Mockingbird” is trending on Twitter. That’s where everyone is – glued to the USA Network… Even Chuck Todd.

April 7, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Chips. Please a new thread. :)

April 7, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Our illustrious Chips is super busy today it appears. However, I’m starting a “I love my President!” thread right here.

I love my President!

April 7, 2012 at 10:37 pm

I love my President!

• 310 ChristiMTL
          April 7, 2012 at 11:10 pm

As a Canadian, I can’t say MY President, but I can say I LOVE President Obama, the leader of the free world!

April 8, 2012 at 12:28 am

Anyone who supports President Obama as much as you and the others can borrow “my” any time, if I get to decide!

• 312 0388jojothecat
        April 7, 2012 at 11:14 pm

I love my President Barack Hussein Obama, Vice-President Joseph R. Biden, and their spouses Dr Jill Biden and FLOTUS Mrs. Michelle Obama.

66. April 7, 2012 at 10:03 pm
  67. April 7, 2012 at 10:09 pm
  68. April 7, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Ohkay, why the fuck is Ken Star on SOTU Sunday?
    What does he have to add to any discussion?
    OMG!

• April 7, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Also, arch bishops, Cardinals and Rick Warren, all over the Sunday shows???
      Talking about religious Freedom, again?
      Ugh!
      I need a night capper.

• April 7, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Betcha it’ll be about what PO said about the Supreme Court. Sickos…..all of them! Crazy loons.

• 320 Ladyhawke
      April 8, 2012 at 6:50 am

REPUBLICANS CRITICIZING THE COURTS

The Republicans complaining about activists judges on the Supreme Court has been a staple of their political dialogue for as long as I can remember. It’s one of their favorite talking points. They swear their allegiance to the Constitution and then complain about “activists judges” when they don’t rule in their favor. But have no issues with the Bush v Gore or the Citizens United rulings.

You know that Ken Starr is on SOTU to opine about the kerfuffle with PBO comments and the hissy fit from the appellate court judge. I would love for Candy Crowley to show the video below and have Starr explain exactly what was so egregious about what PBO said. It’s like everything else, it’s ok if it’s a Republican. These people have no credibility at all on this topic.

The Republican Party has gone so far off the rails that now all they can do is sit and wait for the next thing they can be outraged about. Their poutrage is endless. I have never heard so much wining and crying about pointless nonsense from a political party. There is no seriousness of purpose with these birthers, baggers and blowhards. It’s really pathetic.

• 321 jackiegrumbacher
        April 8, 2012 at 7:48 am

Yes, it is pathetic, LH. They have NOTHING. All they can do is lie, and get outraged over nonsense. Rich people may pour endless dollars into the sinking GOP vessel, but the holes are too big to keep this boat afloat. And don’t get me started on their pathetic wannabe Captain Willard.

69. 322 ChristiMTL
    April 7, 2012 at 11:05 pm

1005.50 in EverRibbon!

• 323 Pamela
      April 7, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Hachiko ~ I made a Paypal donation yesterday, but do not see it has cleared my account, tho Paypal says it was completed. Tried to make another just now to this EverRibbon site, but despite typing in both my names several times, I was rejected over and over for NOT entering both names! Kind of frustrating in a first world dilemma sort of way. I will keep trying. Just know many of us will see you and Tucker heading out on the road soon!

70. April 7, 2012 at 11:33 pm

SNL is nailing Romney—–hilariously mocking his “sincerity”.

71. 326 Pamela
    April 7, 2012 at 11:38 pm

Maybe we could do what we did a couple weeks ago when Chips was partay-ing in Korea, and go back to a smaller thread, things got pretty lively after that, remember? Any thoughts, any takers?

• April 7, 2012 at 11:41 pm

But but but apparently the Bishops are Back…

April 7, 2012 at 11:42 pm

rise and shine has 119 comments ……:) I think that’s where the party should move.>>>>>>>>

• 329 isonprize
        April 7, 2012 at 11:44 pm

uh, df, did you say party? HHHmmmmm? Who’s bringin’ the chips and dip?

April 7, 2012 at 11:48 pm

LOL! Pamela just fell asleep at the party – go see for yourself :)

• 331 Pamela
            April 8, 2012 at 12:43 am

Hey, ima working both threads now, looking to see who still has a bit of steam, and who (lookin at you HF) came all the way over there just to say GOODNIGHT! the ladies are cooking up some fine tunes, head on over…. Okay, now I’m asleep!

72. 332 globalcitizenlinda
    April 7, 2012 at 11:46 pm

did anyone catch the SNL opening skit just a few moments ago? well, they went at mitt the liar pretty hard. the comedians showed how mitt the liar is constantly pandering and people can see through it because it if fake. i loved it

73. 333 Cheryllou
    April 8, 2012 at 12:27 am

I loved loved the opening skit on SNL. Nailed Mitt the pathological liar.

• April 8, 2012 at 1:07 am

I am still waiting for the party. I am up. Can’t sleep. Listening to music for Hachiko and Tucker while the candle light is sending out our goodness within our positive energy. May our heart be open to the needs of our dear family member, and a Big Thanks to Miss Pat and our Beloved Chipsticks.

We are such a loving family. I want All of you to be my family. Please.

I love you all, and may we all enjoy our Celebration of Easter/Passover/ and just a beautiful Sunday early rise moring and entire day.

Do not forget to pray for POB, FLOTUS, VPBiden, SL Dr. Jill Biden and POB’s entire Cabinet and their families. We are so blessed in our country inspite of the ugly ones. We will prevail in all of this. I feel so grateful to be living during this great Administration and our beloved President, Barack H. Obama.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Amen, and I Love my TOD Family.)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) HZ

April 8, 2012 at 12:56 am

Goodnight, TOD, and Happy, Happy Easter!

April 8, 2012 at 1:08 am
      April 8, 2012 at 4:47 am

No, Mr. Axelrod it’s not a six year old. It’s the so call honorable United State Senator from iowa, who have been a Senator for how long? You would think that a old man like Grassley would have matured with his age, and maybe just maybe found alittle class and dignity. My Grandma used to say with age comes wisdom, it’s clear that does not hold true with Grassley. What happen to the days when old men, elderly men like Senator Grassley were the ones young people could look up to as statesmen, instead they are sending tweets and being a embarrassment to the U.S. Senate and our country? It’s probably time for the senile old fool to retire.

76. 340 PamfromCalif
    April 8, 2012 at 1:21 am

Chips; did you tape President Obama’s introduction to the film To Kill A Mockingbird? I missed the introduction and film. I wished they showed it again on Pacific Time. :o(

77. 341 PamfromCalif
    April 8, 2012 at 2:33 am

Park Overall is running for the US Senate representing Tennessee. She’s going against Bob Corker. Here’s an awesome speech she gave at the Jackson Day in Nashville TN. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z8XIRyUq9Q&feature=player_embedded#!

78. 344 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    April 8, 2012 at 7:07 am

HAPPY RESURRECTION DAY EVERYONE…OFF TO CHURCH TO PRAISE OUR PRECIOUS LORD…HE IS RISEN!