Apr

6:10 Tours San Pedro Claver Church

6:20 Participates in a cultural event with President Santos

7:10 Departs Colombia en route Washington, DC

11:35 Arrives Joint Base Andrews

11:50 Arrives the White House

Next week:

Monday: Attends meetings at the White House.

Tuesday: Welcomes Tony Stewart and the 2011 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers to the White House to honor Stewart’s Sprint Cup Series Championship.

Wednesday: Travels to the Cleveland, Ohio area to deliver remarks at an event on the economy. Later, he will travel to Michigan to attend campaign events. The President will return to Washington in the evening.

Thursday: Welcomes the BCS National Champion Alabama Crimson Tide to the White House to honor their 14th championship.

Friday: Welcomes the Wounded Warrior Project’s Soldier Ride to the White House.

197 Responses to “coming up”

1. April 14, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Chips,

without you, would never know that the President was out of the country.

April 14, 2012 at 7:22 pm

This is SO TRUE. I can’t even listen to the news, with all the coverage of the embarrassing Secret Service stuff that happened out of the country, although the MSM would have found another distraction without that, as we all know.

LOVE MY PRESIDENT!

• 14 prettyfoot58
      April 14, 2012 at 8:29 pm

hello Rikyrah…

i was thinking just that….

about how invaluable this blog is….how invaluable everyone is…and esp Chips…who works tirelessly to make this place such an extraordinary place….not enough can be said…

Thanks so very much…

• 15 Cha
      April 14, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Yes, rikyrah, we have a very special PBO Portal here @ TOD!

Chipsticks! We love you for starting up!

April 14, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Good afternoon/evening, TOD! Just listened to my DVR recording of “To the Contrary” on PBS, and saw Congresswoman Norton say, in response to a question about the topic we’re all sick of, “You can’t put the burden on a wife to lift Mitt Romney out of a sinkhole. That is not his wife’s job.”

Loved it!

• April 14, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Yep. Miss Anne can’t save his weak ass.

April 14, 2012 at 7:23 pm

She makes him look weaker, if that’s possible. He’s like at weak minus now. Yuck.

April 14, 2012 at 8:09 pm

That’s the desperation of the Romney camp. This is not about who stays at home, and if they do any work when they are at home. President Obama agrees that Mothers who stays home does indeed do work. He doesn’t disagree with the Romneys about that. But what they don’t get is this War On Women is about the policies Ann Romney’s husband supports which threaten women of all kind.

• 30 Mel
          April 14, 2012 at 10:37 pm

I dot not normaly clik on the HP site, but to day i did and the wheels are coming off from Ann Romney’s
          cadilacs. (Very Important) Mitt Romney in 1994 ‘ Now Mom and dad both have to work weather they want or Not’.
          And now the Mitt Ann romney are attacking Hillary rosen for her comments about Ann never worked in her live?
          it’s very easy for them to raised 5 kids when they have about 250 Million Dls at their disposal, please check it
          out at the HP if anybody would like very intersting.

3. 31 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    April 14, 2012 at 7:22 pm

I LOVE SUNDAY’S AGENDA…PBO WILL BE HOME SUNDAY NITE…THAT’S A YEEEEEHAAAAAH MOMENT!…:)

4. 33 vitaminlover
    April 14, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Our Beloved First Lady is gorgeous.

5. April 14, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I know I really should be getting used to it by now, but it’s still kind of amazing to me – in a highly brilliant way – to see them working side by side:

President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton talk during the plenary session of the Summit of the Americas in Cartagena April 14

• April 14, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Its true. The primary was so intense and brutal, its nice to see them on the same team.

• April 14, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Yes, It goes to show us that It can be done :D

• 38 HZ
          April 14, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Yes, luci1119, and it also shows us that it can be done in style that is the most beautiful, classy this is as elegant as the most lovely black dress, and respectful as the most precious love to a loving parent. Now that is called “Grace Beyond Measure.”

They are a beautiful team together. Love seeing them like this. HZ

• 39 Ladyhawke
      April 14, 2012 at 7:38 pm

The picture of Presdient Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton reaching out to embrace after the ACA was signed is one of my favorites.

• April 14, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Ah, mine too Ladyhawke.

• 41 Ladyhawke
          April 14, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Aw, thank you dear, you are so sweet.

April 14, 2012 at 7:50 pm

And the two guys who are not the focus of the pic are both smiling contentedly. It’s a joyous atmosphere – you can tell.

• 43 CEB
          April 14, 2012 at 9:45 pm

I was just about to mention this (coming late to the party). This is my all time favorite of the two of them. So real, so spontaneous. A favorite story of mine is when the Chinese tried to pull a fast one at a climate control conference (or whatever it was called). When all of the other heads of state were leaving, they held a behind-closed-door meeting. PBO and Hillary heard of it, walked into the meeting after the Chinese staffers had the audacity to try to keep them out, the two of them took over the meeting and wrote the proposal (or whatever it is called). They work well together.

• 45 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
        April 14, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Mine as well, Lh! They are a magnificient team and it is very obvious that Secretary Clinton has enormous admiration for the President as he does for her. One of the best Foreign Policy teams we have ever had.

#PRESSON

• 46 HZ
          April 14, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Chips, Ladyhawke, Bobfr this is one of my favorites as well. I also love the one where they are flying together and Sec. Clinton is sitting next to POB and she is talking and he is listening with his whole heart to her. The look on his face has so much compassion for her and whatever she was sharing with him. That one makes me tear up. In fact, I am tearing up right now, so better stop.HZ

• 49 isonprize
      April 14, 2012 at 9:22 pm

This photo should make the rounds for ANYONE who says that Pres. Barack Obama doesn’t respect women — their intellect, their determination, their work ethic.

I may be one of the few women who thinks that Hillary Clinton never really wanted to be President. If Barack Obama hadn’t come along, I think that she would have won and she would have done her absolute best at the job! But I also think that she only wanted to be POTUS as a consequence of Bill Clinton and his foolishness — to prove, in her own way, that she could also do the job. (Similar to what Michelle Obama said about her brother, Craig, when he got into Princeton — “I can get into Princeton too. I’m smarter than he is!”)

I think Hillary Clinton has done, and is doing, a PHENOMENAL job as Secretary of State! I think that she and PBO always respected each other. But their fierce competitive nature, his – quiet, hers – more upfront, came out in the primary. When in that contest or any contest, BOTH OF THEM WANT TO WIN!

As my sweet momma used to say “Iron sharpens iron.” PBO ran an unprecedented campaign, HRC ran a traditional campaign. She
      learned from him, and he definitely learned from her. At this point, they both respect each other’s intellect and talent. They trust each other.

She respects his position as POTUS, he respects her knowledge and opinion as Sec’y of State. If he didn’t, he wouldn’t have selected her for the position. If she didn’t, she wouldn’t have taken the job.

• 53 Pamela
      April 14, 2012 at 9:36 pm

I never thought it either, but I have come to love her for it, and I feel she has become the real Hillary Rodham. She even looks different, at peace, knowing she is doing a smashing job of reviving America in the eyes of the world ( after that other POS who served under W)

• 54 Mel
      April 14, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Amaizing, Amaizing a perfect pictures both of them have their backs and respect for each other, and i hope
      President Clinton campaing for PBO.

April 14, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Congrats, GB! Hi, Amk, where are you? ;)

7. 56 Bill
    April 14, 2012 at 7:31 pm

“BuzzFeed” found a video from 1994 with Willard saying “Now Mom and Dad both have to work whether they want to or not, and usually one of them has two jobs.” Will the MSM play this to the degree they did Hilary’s comment?

• 58 Mel
      April 14, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Bill I just watched it on the HP it must be watch and send viral please, let’s send it to Rev Al. Martin Bashir,
      Ed , RM. and Lo at Msnbc. please. please so we can stop the Romney’s B.S. they are fucking phony I am sorry
      , but they are they dot NOT give a shit about the middle class people and the very poor.

8. 59 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    April 14, 2012 at 7:34 pm

#ItsTheLiesAmerica

…..

#AmericaThisIsNotATest

#PRESSON

April 14, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Willard is sifting through PBO’s 2011 tax return as we speak so that he can use it as a template for filing his own 2011 return. That’s what the extension is all about. Gives him time to sit down and file a “pretty” return, so that when he finally releases it in October he can say “See? nothing bad here! ”

No Willard, we AREN’T interested in any of your post 2008 returns. We want those from 2000-2007.

April 14, 2012 at 8:13 pm

What is Mitt hiding? I guess you all heard that Diane Sawyer will be interviewing the Romneys Monday and they said we can send in questions for the Romneys at ABC.com. So I’m getting my question ready.

April 14, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Trust me. Sawyer is a hack. She’s going to throw softball cutesy questions and omit any pointed questions. I won’t give her the ratings, and I won’t give Willard and Ms Ann the satisfaction. I’ll wait to hear from you brave souls how the interview went.

• 65 Pamela
          April 14, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Nor will I, HF, I have some lint to pick up off the carpet at that time! ;) (what? Lint on MY carpet?) Hee!

April 14, 2012 at 10:00 pm

That’s right Pamela – in that case I will be happy to help you with the lint on your carpet. I knew there was someone who needed my assistance at that time :)

• 67 Pamela
              April 14, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Not to mention kitty loves it when I do that, she rolls around and helps me, you will like her, she is as soft as cashmere, and as sweet as can be! :) :) :)

April 14, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Oh I had forgotten about that farce! I sent my question in days ago when Sawyer first tweeted.

• 70 Ladyhawke
        April 14, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Rachel Maddow has a few suggestions for questions that should be asked at the end of the segment. She is begging her colleagues to focus on policy and not theatrics. The fact that these questions have not been asked already proves the media has abdicated it’s responsibility to educate and inform the public with the facts.

—————————————-

1) The majority of Republicans VOTED (NO)AGAINST THE LILY LEDBETTER ACT. Mary Bono Mack and Cathy McMorris Rogers were paraded out to tout your support for women, but oddly enough, they both voted AGAINST the Lily Ledbetter Act.

2) Does Romney think it was wrong for them to vote against the bill? Would Romney have voted YES? If he were president would he have signed the bill into law? Does he support the fair pay act for women? A SIMPLE YES OR NO WILL DO.

3) Does Romney think Scott Walker was wrong to repeal the equal pay act AT THE STATE LEVEL?

—————————————-

• 71 Ladyhawke
        April 14, 2012 at 9:54 pm

VIDEO: What The War On Women Sounds Like

The hypocritical shills in the GOP want you to believe that there is no real war on women. They seem to forget there are video cameras everywhere.

• 72 Mel
        April 14, 2012 at 10:52 pm

anniiebella this is a perfect wuestion for Diane Sawer to ask Mitt and Ann, so let’s all E mail or tweet her
        big time, if Diane does not ask them about their TAXES then she is NOT honest>

• 73 theo67
        April 14, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Diane Sawyer is following Ann Romney. I have a feeling it’s going to be a Romney love-fest; an opportunity for them to get credibility for their lies. I wonder of Diane knows she’s selling her soul and her credibility to the devil?

April 14, 2012 at 11:45 pm

I think that ship has already sailed for so many of them – why should Diane be any different?

• 75 lisalovesobama
      April 14, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Yup! You nailed it in one. That toolbag is the biggest copycat ever. :lol: can’t wait for Nov 6. Just the mass humiliation he’s going to suffer is almost enough to make me not want to rip him a new one now.

10. April 14, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Mystery donor just gave Crossroads 10 million bucks.
    Oh Lordie!

April 14, 2012 at 10:22 pm

I read somewhere that the donor is Sheldon Adelson, a wealthy Casino owner from Las Vegas. Well he’s in for the gamble of his life because the 10 million bucks will be for NAUGHT when Willard loses in November.

April 14, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Oh boy.Mark Knoller is busy tweeting about the SS “scandal” with a few tidbits here and there of the other aspects of PBO’s Columbia visit. Snarky Knoll-troll is being blasted on Twitter by some of our TOD family! I’m enjoying the pushback. Here’s an example:

• 79 lisalovesobama
      April 14, 2012 at 8:17 pm

He’s probably so obsessed with the second scandal because he hasn’t had any in so long. Nutball! :roll:

• 80 sherijr
      April 14, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Mark Knoller is such a very sad excuse for a journalist. think of the chance of a lifetime he has, traveling w/ the press- covering all aspects of this administration.. and he wastes the opportunity being always always small.

April 14, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Excellent tweet-back. We should try to keep that going until November!

12. 82 auni
    April 14, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I loved seeing the instructions for the care and feeding of the little donkey–even a bath once a week! If the Obama girls get a look at it, the pressure will be on big time to get that donkey to the White House!

13. April 14, 2012 at 8:33 pm

I don’t know! I have mixed feelings about the SS detail! I am happy as hell they keep him safe.
    That said, thIs is twice they have embarrassed themselves, and…
    Remember the Salahi incident? Of course, this is catnip for the Media!

April 14, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Okay, where these the guys who would be sign to protect President Obama? That concerns me more than anything else. We must have professionals who put their job of keeping the President safe first and foremost.

14. 85 collegekay
    April 14, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I love PBO with no tie.

15. April 14, 2012 at 8:39 pm

April 14, 2012 at 8:48 pm
  17. 92 auni
    April 14, 2012 at 8:49 pm

I have been hearing from my conservative friends (friendships becoming strained) all about the SS guys. These were not the SS that travel with the President–second string team, if that. Dumb shits–can you imagine how mad the President is going to be about this? Were those guys down there to check out the hotels etc?

• 93 sherijr
      April 14, 2012 at 9:01 pm

yeah, they’re like the forward team.. I think they usually arrrive a week or so ahead of POTUS’ team. These are probably SS that have never even been near POTUS.. but the media must make an issue of everything… over and over and over again ;) I’m glad they got caught.. I don’t want any stupid people with bad judgement anywhere near protecting President Obama.

• 94 Jessica
      April 14, 2012 at 9:01 pm

His detail only goes with him. They don’t go ahead. This is quite embarrassing but only for the people involved not the entire unit or President. And imagine they would have gotten away with it if they had just paid.

April 14, 2012 at 8:52 pm

WE MUST NOT BE COMPLACENT, but this makes me smile:) :) :)

We need to keep this to ourselves…..

April 14, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Really, jackass?

“According to a Romney adviser, his private view of immigration isn’t as anti-immigrant as he often sounded.”

When your ADVISOR on all things relating to immigration is the AUTHOR and hate monger/nativist, Kris Kobach, YES, YOU ARE! ROMNEY LIES FOR A LIVING.

• April 14, 2012 at 9:02 pm

This is them seeding the press with etch-a-sketch shavings. Make it sound like he’s really okay with immigration reform and has been all along. Not falling for it. His aides don’t know any more about what goes on in that vacant soul than we do.

• April 14, 2012 at 9:04 pm

The county mayor (of Knox County-R) began doing “cash mobs” 3 months ago. He does one a month……always small businesses…..does them on Friday’s. Third one was yesterday. They’ve been very successful.

20. 102 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    April 14, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Important picture …

#PRESSON

21. 103 carolyn
    April 14, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Those SS guys are in for it at home. I read on the MSNBC site that at least five of them are married. Aren’t their wives happy? Their lives are not going to be happy for any number of reasons. Also, they involved at least five military personnel who were supposed to be working with them. One hotel employee said that they had been drinking and partying loud for a week in the hotel……great representatives! The five military are in solitary and cannot communicate with each other, the others are already back in the U.S. Their careers are pretty well shot…no more great trips for them!

• 104 Jessica
      April 14, 2012 at 9:07 pm

The wifey’s are going to be so glad they are home.

• 105 SUE DUVALL SMITH
        April 14, 2012 at 9:45 pm

YIKES…I DON’T WANT TO BE A MOUSE WATCHING IN THEIR CORNER…THE ‘FILL IN THE BLANKS’ IS GOING TO FLY!

• 106 miss pat
        April 15, 2012 at 8:53 am

I know some if not all of them are very angry. You never know what a man is going to bring home to you. Also the Colombian government should have locked away the ladies. Nah, that’s impossible. Men must learn to say no too.

• 107 Jessica
          April 15, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Prostitution is legal in some areas in Colombia so the ladies did nothing illegal. The only problem was that they didn’t pay.

22. April 14, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Right in the face:

23. 113 lamh35
    April 14, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Watching Indiana Jones and Crystal Skull. If Harrison Ford looked old in this one, how the hell old is he really then?

24. 120 lamh35
    April 14, 2012 at 9:24 pm

“Horrible Bosses” on HBO. that movie was way more funny they it should have been, but I remember laughing my ass off and just being happy my boss wasn’t tht bad!

25. April 14, 2012 at 9:27 pm

The President just said that Legalization is not the answer to Drugs
    And The libertarians freakout!

26. April 14, 2012 at 9:29 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Presidential hopeful, Newt Grinch bitten by enquin while visting zoo in No. Carollina. The penquin has been rushed to the nearest hospital where it will spend the night for observation, after receiving a painful round of rabies shots.

April 14, 2012 at 9:33 pm

• 128 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
      April 14, 2012 at 9:50 pm

It’s an excellent diary, bwd, and thank you for sharing it with us. My sister happens to be deeply involved in The Fisher House Foundation endeavor. It’s an exceptional organization in every way.

#PRESSON

• 129 theo67
      April 15, 2012 at 12:35 am

Someone mentioned in the diary that the donation was very specific,so they did some investigation and found that it’s from the after-tax proceeds of the President’s book, “Of Thee I Sing”. Many things come to mind:
      1. He basically made $650K last year, while he worked 24-7 for each day, running the world, taking all the crap from the right wing and the emoprogs, and keeping everyone safe. (While Romney made millions doing nothing, off the backs of lives that he destroyed). People should appreciate him more.
      2. With that book, each of us who bought a copy also participated in making that donation.

I loved one of the comments that said, “he’s a President who puts his money where his country is”.

April 15, 2012 at 1:52 am

Well, I bought that book for my youngest granddaughter, who loves the President and First Lady, so I’M IN! :)

28. 144 mtmarilyn
    April 14, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Good evening TODville! Just got back from a buying spree here in Phoenix. My daughter in law and I did our part to add to the Phoenix economy. We realized we aren’t big city people even thought the shopping was great. The best part of the day was lunch with Dersertflower!!!! What a priviliege to meet a fellow TODder. We had such a great lunch! I am so looking forward to a time when we can all meet someplace and talk till we drop!. Desertflower is so wonderful! She is holding her own in this crazy state of Arizona. Let’s keep sending prayers, good thoughts and energy so her husband will find a job!

Thank you Chips for this wonderful community! Now off to read all about PBO putting Chris Matthews in his place!

April 14, 2012 at 9:57 pm

I’ll say we had a nice lunch! It was a wonderful way to spend a chilly day in Phoenix…with warm friends and good conversation…..and FOOD! Hope you didn’t do TOO much damage on your shopping spree….:) City life can get nuts, but I don’t know if I could live 365/24/7 in the country….I could for a short time, but something about the city life makes me happy ( though not necessarily THIS city!)
      Love you, Mom Marilyn! Thank you so much for all your kindness and support. I had fun. Will be in touch…..let me know what you thought of Tweedy:) You KNOW what I think!
      Have a safe trip home!

April 14, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I forgot to ask…..how did the trip to the casino go??

• April 14, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Desertflower and mtmarilyn, this is so exciting to hear. Great things are happening within our own TOD family. I am so elated to know that you both met up and had a wonderful time. Beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing.HZ

April 14, 2012 at 11:18 pm

The only thing that might have made this even BETTER, is if you were there with us:) We had a great time together. She’s a extraordinary woman and now I call her Mom Marilyn:) Nice to meet another TOD family member.
          How are you, HZ? Not a day goes by that you don’t come into my thoughts…..you and Fred and hachiko. I think of all of you daily and hope that you are well. {{{{Hugs to you}}}}}

29. April 14, 2012 at 9:57 pm

30. April 14, 2012 at 10:04 pm

All these OFA house parties that have a dozen people show up- Good times!

31. April 14, 2012 at 10:08 pm

April 14, 2012 at 10:14 pm

HEALTH REFORM WILL REDUCE THE DEFICIT
    Charges of Budgetary Gimmickry Are Unfounded

33. 158 mtmarilyn
    April 14, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Well just back from catching up and listening to PBO take down Chris Matthews. I had little regard for Chris before and now I have even less. What a stupid person he is. I totally agree with you Desertflower!!!!!!

Now off to dinner. By the way, my son is still in the tournament at Talking Sticks so he is in the money. I’ll let you know what happens.

April 14, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Told you he was a bigger ass than normal. It’s embarrassing.

He’s still in the tournament! Drinks all around! Let me know:)

34. 160 Ladyhawke
    April 14, 2012 at 10:49 pm

18th Annual National Women’s Issues Conference

——————————————–

The Women’s Leadership Forum and the Women for Obama Finance Committee are excited to announce that the 18th Annual National Women’s Issues Conference will be held on Friday, April 27th and Saturday, April 28th, 2012 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in downtown Washington, D.C. This year’s event will feature remarks by President Barack Obama and dozens of other dynamic speakers.

Participants will leave this year’s conference with not only the substantive panel discussions that they have come to expect, but the tools and resources they need to make the difference on the ground.

For anyone who has attended a past conference, you know it is not to be missed! You can view past agendas here. Please check back often for the most up to date information on this year’s Conference.

——————————————–

35. April 14, 2012 at 10:49 pm

The Robney Camp has named it- The War on Moms.

For Pete’s sake!

April 14, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Sounds seriously patronizing. What a joke. 73% of Moms also WORK outside the home, so that dog won’t hunt!

April 14, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Jovie, that is a joke, right. But knowing Ann and Mitt it isn’t.

April 14, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Maybe Ann Romney can call it the war on the one percent Moms. You know the ones who have everything, don’t know what it is to struggle, wonder how this or that bill will get paid, or how your kids will get clothes for school, or how Mom will get to the doctor with no health insurance, or Billy will get to the dentist with no insurance.

April 14, 2012 at 11:56 pm

What a great idea, anniebella! Maybe our own Bobfr can tweet that “war on the one percent moms” around, in his clever way!

• 166 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
            April 15, 2012 at 1:59 am

Jacqueline & annie, this is how I’d summarize the situation …

#PRESSON

• April 14, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Nope! It’s true.

36. 169 LDS
    April 14, 2012 at 10:52 pm

You are welcome, Mr. President. This is our reasonable service as much as you do for us. You “done good” the last four years. And we are looking forward to the next four years. It is an honor and privlilege to be anle to donate whenever, however we can.

Our apologies for this pitiful, pathetic media and WH so-called journalists that you have to deal with. It encourages us to see how in a gentleman way you intelligently bitch- slap them and they keep coming back for more. You would think that once would be enough.
    You told us that it would not be easy and please don’t stop calling their slimy, lying, creepy, crawling,evil, jealous asses out whenever you see fit. Nothing they ever say or do surprises us now. We have become immune to their hateful tactics.

We respect you and your wife. We pray for you often. We have so many wonderful stories to share with our kids, their kids and their kids.
    We thank God for shaping, molding and forming you in the womb for a task as great as this. We thank God for those who struggled and shed blood for hope, freedom and love.

Good night, and we pray for sweet sleep and a safe trip back home to the family who loves you as much as we do here.

April 14, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Only Little People Pay Taxes

Eye popping charts. Just in time for Tax Day….

38. 172 carolyn
    April 14, 2012 at 10:57 pm

One more comment about SOS Clinton and POB…..there are many differences between their primary contest and this year’s Repub clown contest…..that’s obvious, of course. But the major one is that both HRC and POB are smart, ethical people who have substance and deep down well thought out beliefs. They are scholars who are also compassionate and care for others.
    One thing she did by that campaign was free herself from the shadow of Bill. Now, he kind of walks in her shadow. She has been phenomenal as SOS. I actually wasn’t surprised at her appointment, because I could think of noone better for that job, and I knew the fact that she had been his opponent would not keep POB from appointing the best person. She and POB are a marvelous team…as has been commented, it’s easy to see the respect between them. There is NO respect between any of the Rethug candidates. POB also chose another opponent as his vp, and look how excellently that turned out! Respect between those two, to the max. We are fortunate right now with what we have.

• April 14, 2012 at 11:21 pm

I tweeted about this very thought, Carolyn just a few moments ago. In fact, it was a thank you to both of them for their team work from the photo that Chips has here. It was just my thoughts after studying the photo. We are a beautiful team here as well helping with our wonderful leader, Chipsticks to be as supportive and respectful to POB.

Thank you, Chips.((((((((( Love you very much)))))))))HZ

39. 174 LDS
    April 14, 2012 at 11:16 pm

“one thing she did by that campaign was free herself from the shadow of Bill”.
    Carolyn, so true. But I am waiting for Bill to free himself from Bill.

I admire women who can stand by their man. God knows, it would be a struggle for me.
    But I surely would respect a man who set an example.

40. 175 Pamela
    April 14, 2012 at 11:19 pm

BWD? I seem to recall seeing a video on your TOAITR blog with a song by someone whose name I don’t know (lots of help eh?), went something like ‘I’m only a man, in a funny red sheet’…. But it was a great song, and the video was about PBO. Any ideas, anyone, Chips?

April 14, 2012 at 11:29 pm

No. Don’t remember that…maybe if you sing some more it will come to me :)

• 177 Pamela
        April 14, 2012 at 11:38 pm

Thanks, df, but that’s about all I have to offer, I can barely remember the sequencing of the photos either, but I do remember it was so touching, the lyrics, the vocalist and the storyline, I cried and cried. I think it told a story of how human Barack Obama is, and how strong to stand and face all the hatred aimed at him. Something like that, I am sure someone here will remember.

April 14, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Review of Koch Bros Exposed

Coming out in May……

42. April 14, 2012 at 11:46 pm

SNL! They kill me!

43. April 14, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Is the President going to have to disavow Bill Maher? He keeps saying crap, and now he is connected to the Campaign, because of that fat check he wrote.
    I sometimes wonder if Bill knows exactly what he is doing? Hmmm!

44. April 15, 2012 at 12:00 am

U.S. wind power capacity grew 31 percent in 2011, accounting for 35 percent of all new electricity generation capacity, the American Wind Energy Association said.
    The U.S. wind industry installed 6.8 gigawatts last year, to reach total capacity of 46.9 gigawatts, according to an annual market report released by the industry group in New York today.
    More than 60 percent of last year’s installations, about 3.4 gigawatts, occurred in the fourth quarter, due to seasonal weather and the expiration of the Treasury grant option, which offered to cover as much as 30 percent of a project’s cost, according to AWEA. In order to qualify, developers had to start projects before the end of last year.

April 15, 2012 at 12:26 am

Oh my goodness. For all the “footballers” here, this is a sad day.

Livorno’s Piermario Morosini has died after collapsing on the pitch with a suspected heart attack during an Italian Serie B match at Pescara on Saturday.

April 15, 2012 at 12:31 am

Sure Santorum is technically gone, but he’ll be with Romney for the rest of this race. Every time the former Massachusetts Governor has to answer to an independently-inclined woman in the Milwaukee or Philadelphia suburbs about why he’d “get rid” of Planned Parenthood, or explain to a Latino family in Las Vegas or Phoenix why he’d “veto” the Dream Act, the ever-cherubic apparition of a sweater-vest-clad Santorum will be smiling gaily over his shoulder.

There is no doubt that some things are beyond Romney’s control. The falling unemployment rate. The Dow’s hitting and now hovering around 13,000. The delay in creating those three jobs, building that car elevator thingy that takes you between the garage and the stadium-sized basement in Romney’s third house (and favourite structure not located in the Grand Caymans). These were all unexpected.

P

But not putting Santorum away early while outspending him like 9:1, so that the social-issue firebrand could stick around and pull the primary so far right Attila the Hun would have been a moderate? Mitt has only himself and his ever marvellous personality to blame for that.

April 15, 2012 at 12:53 am

Let’s remember that certain Republicans think it’s a good idea to get rid of the National Weather Service. Wonder if the people in the Midwest understand that….

48. 194 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    April 15, 2012 at 6:36 am

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE…TIS’ TIME FOR ME TO GET READY FOR CHURCH…PRAY FOR OUR PRESIDENT AND HIS SAFE RETURN TONITE. REMEMBER…GOD IS IN CONTROL…THANK YOU LORD FOR WATCHING OVER ALL OF US AND OUR PRESIDENT.

49. April 15, 2012 at 6:39 am

A Hotel and the Presidential Palace was attacked in Kabul.
    Since Petreas left, that Country has gone to hell in a handbasket.
    Maybe he should have stayed as the Commander, over there!