Apr

a word from tally: the insult that is @AnnDRomney

The Insult that is @AnnDRomney New Blonde Barbie® Media Darling

Everyone needs to understand and wrap their heads around the fact that neither Ann nor Mitt Romney came from poverty. They were both born into enormous wealth, and have not had one day of struggle in their lives. They went to private schools, traveled to Europe, and went to expensive Universities they didn’t need a student loan or scholarship for. They have not the remotest understanding of how most Americans live.

Even one of* Ann Romney’s nannies agrees with Hilary Rosen: Ann Romney has never worked a day in her life. For the GOP/Media to even suggest that Ann Romney is your average stay-at-home mom is one of the biggest insults to mothers everywhere to date.

*This begs the question, just how many nannies did the Romney’s employ, and at any given time? How many gardeners? Cooks? Maids? Household staff? Accountants? Drivers? Stable hands/grooms/trainers? Personal assistants?

I get that many of you are sick of it, and I completely understand why, but I guarantee you the GOP/Media aren’t letting this go anytime soon.  It is not in our best interests to ignore it. We need to stop repeating the mistakes of the past.

Read the rest of Tally’s post here

93 Responses to “a word from tally: the insult that is @AnnDRomney”

1. 1 nintendowii10
    April 17, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Excellent!

2. 7 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    April 17, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Synchrony …

#AmericaThisIsNotATest

#LandslideOBAMA2012

• 8 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
      April 17, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Moreover ….

#PRESSON

• 9 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
        April 17, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Outstanding Tally … hopefully, my earlier comment will soon be approved by the moderator ;)

The Party of Koch & Norquist and all their #NEWSTAINERS & Congressional #KOCHSTERS have never seen a force from the ‘left’ like they are beginning to experience – particularly via Twitter – and they are really not liking it. Guess what – they ain’t seen nothing yet.

We are going to crush these avaricious, totally anti-American, plutocrats, once and for all.

Future generations will have their hands full with climatic chaos, renewable energy, clean water and food supply and other major problems. We need to enable them by ensuring every person, irrespective of race or gender, is educated and dedicated to the ideals of a truly democratic society, the ideals President and First Lady Obama display every single breath they take, every day.

#PRESSON

April 17, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Tagg Romney, Mitt and Ann’s son brag about Ted Nugent endorsing his Dad.

April 17, 2012 at 10:01 pm

You know Annieb, I see Tagg as somewhat pathetic. This is the second time I’ve seen him all a-flutter because some less than principled person endorsed his papa. It’s a bit sad IMO that he so desperately wants his daddy to be accepted that he makes a fuss on Twitter whenever someone walks near his dad, without taking the time to check out their ‘references’.

April 17, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Is Tagg some kind of nick name, because it sounds like a strange name for a rich family who feel like they are entitle to the White House.

3. April 17, 2012 at 9:32 pm

It will be awesome when the President does 4 events per day, and the Media will shit bricks, over the Crowds he gets!

4. 22 vitaminlover
    April 17, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Spot on, Tally!

5. 24 nintendowii10
    April 17, 2012 at 9:40 pm

In spirit of my being first, a lil old school Nelly:

6. 25 carolyn
    April 17, 2012 at 9:41 pm

The title encapsulates the whole thing: “The insult that is Ann Romney.”

7. 26 Proud Former White House Intern
    April 17, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Love it way to go Tally. Excellent article.

April 17, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Tally is 100% on point. What’s uglier than a 63-year old privileged spoiled brat being propped up by a few rich males in the media?

9. 29 prettyfoot58
    April 17, 2012 at 9:47 pm

I am only as free as the least of my sisters. Believe it.

===========================================

RIGHT ONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

10. 30 Pamela
    April 17, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Tal-ly! Tal-ly! Tal-ly!

11. April 17, 2012 at 9:50 pm

You got that right Tally. I mean, where in the Hell do the Romneys get off telling us that we got to cut back on Medicare and Soc Sec., while they continue to benefit from a miniscule capital gains tax, and a generous tax cut !!!! Did you see that damn chart Romney put out, where he compared a family of four with an income of 24k, with the Federal government and, chides them both for overspending. That man makes my blood boil, and not in a good way! Grrrrrr

12. 33 anniebella
    April 17, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Any info on FLOTUS day today? I think she went to Nashville, and Pittsburgh, I think.

April 17, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I believe Chips posted some photographs on the early thread today? I may be mistaken but please do check the rise & shine morning thread :)

April 17, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Why is #ObamaDogRecipes trending on Twitter? With folks posting recipes for food with dog names, etc.. I don’t get it! What does the President have to do with it?

14. 39 anniebella
    April 17, 2012 at 9:52 pm

My Mom asked me if Ann Romney had cooks, maids, and nannies? I told her I wasn’t sure, but I would ask you guys.

• 40 theo67
      April 17, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Apparently, she claimed last night that she only had one housekeeper. I didn’t watch the Diane Sawyer interview, so I’m just going by here say.

15. 41 4morefor44
    April 17, 2012 at 9:53 pm

i was starting to enter the camp of “enough already” with this stuff, but tally makes a great case. i think i’ve just changed my mind. fight back!!

16. 42 Cman
    April 17, 2012 at 9:54 pm

“Let’s face it, if President Obama so much as uses his Stern Dad Voice, the GOP practically wet themselves.” Ain’t that the truth. Tell it Tally!

Barrack was always too civil for me sometimes. As I like to say “Fired up and ready to bust some ass”

• 43 SUE DUVALL SMITH
      April 17, 2012 at 10:25 pm

ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT LESSONS THIS COUNTRY NEEDS TO LEARN IS ‘CIVILITY’…THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN THE EXEMPLARY ACTIONS DISPLAYED BY OUR CALM,INTELLIGENT AND EQUALLY COMPASSIONATE PRESIDENT. A REAL MAN DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A SCREAMER OR A SWAGGERING COWBOY…WE HAD ONE OF THOSE…LESSONS LEARNED!

17. 44 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    April 17, 2012 at 9:55 pm

I AM THRILLED TO SEE REPORTS THAT THE SS IS INVESTIGATING TED NUGENT…IT’S THE VIOLENT RANTS FROM PEOPLE LIKE THIS…IN OUR COUNTRY…THAT ARE DESTRUCTIVE AND CERTAINLY NOT WHAT GOD CREATED US TO BE RELATIVE TO OUR FELLOW MAN. UNFORTUNATELY, THERE ARE SEVERAL PEOPLE LIKE THIS IN OUR COUNTRY…HOWEVER, I HAVE DEVOUT FAITH IN GOD AND HIS JUSTICE SHALL PREVAIL…HOPE INDEED SPRINGS ETERNAL! THE EVIL WEBS THAT MEN WEAVE SHALL BE BROKEN BY TRUTH AND COMPASSION FOR OUR FELLOW MAN! MAY GOD DEEPLY BLESS OUR PRESIDENT…WE ARE BLESSED TO HAVE HIS LEADERSHIP IN AMERICA ESPECIALLY DURING THIS CRITICAL TIME IN OUR HISTORY!

• 45 jackiegrumbacher
      April 17, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Good about the SS. Put the fear of God into that little creep.

• April 17, 2012 at 10:47 pm

I agree with you Sue, when our Lord and Savior Is watching over us, then we just walk by Faith, do what we gotta do, and Our Lord will take care of everything else, yes, we must work toward our goals, but God Is taking care of It all, even among all the evil that surrounds us. So I say, keep the Faith Folks, stay focused, don’t get discouraged, but keep prayers flowing In our behalf :-)

April 17, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Willard once again stalking the President

April 17, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Tally, though I know you’ll put it on Twitter yourself, I did it too. You make a valid point about us covering the Admin’s back even while they have to take the high road.

20. 50 Deborah Harris
    April 17, 2012 at 10:00 pm

This article encapsulates so many of the discussions I’ve recently had on this subject. Shame on the MSM for spinning Rosen’s comments in such a reprehensible way.

21. April 17, 2012 at 10:00 pm

“Instead, they must always occupy The High Road, and act with love and grace, until the end of his Presidency. Perhaps President Booker will be allowed a modicum of anger, but not this President.”

I enjoyed your post Tally but this is who the Obama’s are. They will always take the high road until forever. President Booker will be the same way. Have you seen his tweets? I also think prominent Dems or actual surrogates should make sure what they say doesn’t waste a news cycle that could be spent on Romney’s lying.

Having said that, I do agree that the rest of us can take up the slack and knee cap these mofos on twitter or by phone, e-mail,etc. Less prominent Dems or those left wing pundits with nothing to lose can also spend way more time going after GOP rather than hyperventilating about what PBO is or isn’t doing.

• 52 Ceb
      April 17, 2012 at 10:31 pm

“can take up the slack and kneecap those mofos on twitter…” LMAO, but this is a great call to action gobrooklyn andTally is absolutely right. Let our anger be a righteous, strategic anger that calls us to action. I never get upset about all of the crap that is said because this has long been the action plan of the GOP; this is what they do. We know that they lie and play to the the most vile depths of weak, fearful and poorly informed people. The president and his tean know this and they are working swiftly and smartly against it. We know it and most of us are working against in a variety of ways. We can know what is being said without letting it destroy our peace of mind or break our hearts. We have work to do; onward and upward.

• April 17, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Oh I haven’t allowed any of this to disturb me. Not Ann, Not the polls, not the handwringing, not any of it. Not this time.

• April 17, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Well, the devil came to rob, steal, and destroy, remember? I’m just saying………..

22. 55 ParkRanger
    April 17, 2012 at 10:00 pm

We are going to go nuts if we get upset about everything the GOP and Romneys do until the election. They will make noise. Push back by Twitter or any way that you feel is effective, but we can’t get upset just because they say these things or it is covered in the media. Is it unfair? Yes. Is it worth getting upset about? Not too much. Take action and then go register some Democratic voters. Every time I have the opportunity by Twitter or comments I have been and plan to keep continuing to tell them I just made a donation to President Obama or signed up with OFA for another hour registering Democrats because they (fill in the blank). I think I could also give the President’s approvals with Democrats. It’s usually in the 80’s. Maybe with Latinos, African Americans and other groups. That would probably be good. If there’s another good thing I can add please let me know.

I also take a meditation break and light a candle for PBO at Gratefulness.org. It’s not a religious site, it’s a very positive place. I love the feeling of joining together with the others who send their good vibes out to PBO and the election. That’s what OFA is about, too. We can do this together. We really can.

Obama/Biden 2012!!

April 17, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Oh boy, Lawrence starts his show blasting into Willard! He’s not going to play tonight!

24. April 17, 2012 at 10:05 pm

OMG…I am seriously being hounded today by some wingnuts. Where the hell did they come from? You respond to one and its like hitting a bee hive..buzzzz….buzzzz….liberty…buzzzzz buzzzzz… freedom. UGH!

25. April 17, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Is it not strange, a few weeks before the NATO Summit, that Australia announces it will bring all Troops home from Afghanistan after 2013?! 1 full year early!
    A preview of what to expect next month, for the US?!

26. 64 globalcitizenlinda
    April 17, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Come on people, could you some of you report SOME positive stories about President Obama???

There are so many other places for negative stuff on the internet and on TV, so please if you can could you please find something that promotes or defends our favorite candidate who is President Barack Obama!!!

• 65 theo67
      April 17, 2012 at 11:12 pm

I haven’t seen “What is Working” lately – or have I just been out of it? She always has great, positive stuff to report.

Here’s a few good stories that have been floating around today:
      1. DOW closed well above 13,000 today. Media claims it’s because Europe seems to be stabilizing. I think it’s because of President Obama announcing a reigning in of the oil speculators, plus the good news about consumer spending, some good news on housing and general good consumer sentiment, despite the media’s best attempts to demoralize the nation.
      2. The President announced an initiative to reign in the oil speculators. Although oil prices went up today by over a dollar, I think it’s the speculators trying to squeeze in the last of their winnings.
      3. Axelrod gave a pretty sound smackdown to the Romney PR person, who blocked the Obama campaign communications guy. Told him to stick his phony outrage in his… Swiss bank account if he can’t challenge one of his own when they make inappropriate statements.
      4. Not necessarily a “good story”, but the US is facing a glut of natural gas. There’s just too much, almost running out of places to store it. Helps counter the lies from the right wing about domestic energy production. Apparently, the warmer weather means that less natural gas was actually needed to heat homes and such.

• 66 itgurl_29
      April 17, 2012 at 11:48 pm

I don’t think anyone is being negative here. It’s pretty much the official start of the general campaign and it’s only going to get worse. It’s not just about the President governing any more. It’s time for us to fight for him now.

27. April 17, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Word. Word. Word. Ann Romney is as ugly as her husband and I’ll never understand why our side was so quickly to throw Hilary Rosen under the buss, just because she chose some not-so-perfect words to tell the truth about this woman. I’m still pissed at it.

• 68 nintendowii10
      April 17, 2012 at 10:19 pm

BWD, that is what I was talking about with the Obama campaign and Democrats calling bullshit on Rosen’s remarks just because the rightist media said so. The Obama campaign and Democrats should have taken the opportunity to dismiss Rosen’s remarks and make Ann Romney’s hypocrisy the focus, instead now we have the media equating Rosen remarks with Ted Nugent’s. Seriously, NO MORE CAVING TO THE RIGHTIST MEDIA!

• 69 elo4obama/biden
        April 18, 2012 at 12:19 am

As if the media needs any encouragement for making false eqivalencies. Any sane person is not buying it. Yes by all means let’s keep the focus on fighting the media’s every wimsical moment instead of winning an election. It seerms like great political folly to me to call your opponent’s (sp) wife a hypocrite! Let the war of the spouses begin!

• 70 elo4obama/biden
      April 18, 2012 at 12:15 am

Negative crap like this makes me want to scream ( and I just did!) Hilary Rosen made an inartful comment. She did not choose her words carefully. Why oh why when you are winning the message war and the actual substantive argument that republican policies hurt all women. Why would you then say something that seeks to both divide women, and bestow victimhood to your opponants’s wife.

She should come out early and clarified her statement! Surely you should understand that there is nothing to gain from the Obama team being affiliated with a personal attack on Ann Romney. They came out early and distanced themselves from a badly worded comment. Honestly I’m mad at Hilary Rosen for not being more professional and articulate in stating her opinion. Make it not personal, and certainly let’s not reignite the mommy wars- stay at home and work mom vs the work outside and inside the home mom. It would be only too easy for sympathies, envy and guilt to be stirred. We are winning this message war, and do not need comments like Ms. Rosen’s to muck it up.

28. April 17, 2012 at 10:14 pm

look at this shyt

#ObamaDogRecipes for you latecomers: it turns out your president actually, really, ate a dog. dailycaller.com/2012/04/17/oba…— David Burge (@iowahawkblog) April 18, 2012

• April 17, 2012 at 10:25 pm

There’s not a damn thing that they can do about the Seamus story, it part of the Romney legend.

• 73 4morefor44
        April 17, 2012 at 10:43 pm

wait. so they are doing, yet another false equivalence, to what parents fed a 6 year old boy (he lived there from 6-10) and was customary in the country, to what a grown multi-millionaire man CHOSE to do to a dog, which is is torture it? and using that against the 6 year old boy?!?!?

with our industrialized global big business food supply today, many people would be shocked to realize what kinds of meat they have actually eaten anyway! maybe you should heed tally’s advice and let them have it!

• 74 Pamela
          April 17, 2012 at 10:44 pm

I understand dogs are a staple food in many societies, in fact, are raised for food. That is how it is.

29. April 17, 2012 at 10:15 pm

It’s going to be awfully funny, when the Obama Campaign catches on to Robney stalking him.
    Then, they should do rallies at Colleges, big ones, then-go into Urban areas, and finally, go into Hispanic areas focus on Willards previous Statements about Hispanics and self deportation.
    I am surprised the Obama Camp, has not done it already!

April 17, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Lawrence is tearing into Romney left, right, and center. He’s about to take on Romney and Ted Nugent! Woohoo!

31. April 17, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Amen Tally. There was. Nothing wrong with what Rosen said.

32. 80 nintendowii10
    April 17, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Steve Schmidt has gotten reasonable, I guess the Palin charade brought him back to reality! We need more Republicans like him to bring the Republican party back to the middle and less of the Nugents and Palins who want to move the party straight off the cliff!

33. 81 vitaminlover
    April 17, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Hi Ho whaddya say? Barack Obama ALL THE WAY!!!!

34. April 17, 2012 at 10:30 pm

35. 87 itgurl_29
    April 17, 2012 at 10:34 pm

I think a big part of the reason he refuses to release his tax returns is that he doesn’t want us to know how many domestic workers they’ve had running their homes over the years. I guarantee it’s been dozens.

36. 89 LDS
    April 17, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Tally, this is my third time trying to post this. So let me just say THANK YOU!

37. 90 itgurl_29
    April 17, 2012 at 11:45 pm

I still can’t get over the fact that Wolf Blitzer told Hilary Rosen to face the camera and apologize to Ann Romney. It was DISGUSTING!

38. 92 bebe
    April 18, 2012 at 1:10 am

Thanks, Tally! You said it all!

39. 93 Cha
    April 18, 2012 at 2:45 am

Mahalos, Tally~ I totally agree. zombey ann needs total pushback on her stupidness. She and willard act more like they need the men in the white coats not measuring the curtains for our White House.