Apr

evening all

Wednesday

11:40: PBO departs the White House en route Joint Base Andrews

1:15: Arrives in Ohio

1:55: Holds a roundtable with unemployed workers who are students in Lorain County Community College job training programs

2:30: Delivers remarks on the economy

3:45: Departs Ohio en route Michigan

4:30: Arrives in Michigan

6:00: Delivers remarks at a campaign event at the Henry Ford Museum

7:50: Delivers remarks at a campaign event

9:15: Departs Michigan

10:55: Arrives at the White House

First Lady Michelle Obama smiles as she greets members of the 911th Airlift Wing of the Air Force Reserve Command and the 171st Air Refueling Wing at their base near Pittsburgh on April 17

President Barack Obama looks at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship trophy as he approaches Tony Stewart’s car during an event on the South Lawn of the White House, April 17, 2012. NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers Tony Stewart, center, Kyle Busch, and Ryan Newman, right, watch nearby. (Official White House Photo by Chuck Kennedy)

110 Responses to “evening all”

1. April 17, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Will Midd condemn his spokesman, Ted Nugent ?

April 17, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Hey Chips, I’m VERY sleepy, BUT I’ve been awaiting your return so that i can get my apology.

• 15 Pamela
      April 17, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Hey, vc, i’ma bout to drop over, waiting to signoff Skype with daughter in Sydney… Then over and out. Maybe tomorrow you might help me find the threads where you posted those videos…

April 17, 2012 at 11:59 pm

I think it was PJ who sent you videos, pas moi! Say ‘hi’ to your daughter from one of your cohorts, ;) and have a good rest once you sign off. I’m signing off soon too. I guess I’ll have to catch up with Chips tomorrow, IF she comes out of hiding. :lol: :lol:

3. 17 4morefor44
    April 17, 2012 at 11:35 pm

oh my goodness. the photo of first lady obama, um, wow. with the hair a little messed up…from the wind, uhhhh, okay, wow. any vacant naughty mats tonight?

4. 21 4morefor44
    April 17, 2012 at 11:39 pm

i just left this at the previous post:

notice how how ted no-gent and lush limpbaugh both avoid vietnam service with ass ailments (nogent from spewing shit all over himself literally, and limpy from an ass pimple…I’m not kidding, look it up)? and yet they loudly cheer on other families (mostly lower income) to send their children into danger zones!! meanwhile, most of my family, including my father actually served in vietnam and are proud bleeding heart liberal supporters of PBO to this day, only to be insulted daily by these draft-dodging, whiny babies? yet our media keeps giving these ass-clowns (literally!) legitimacy! we need to call out the msm daily!

5. 23 Pamela
    April 17, 2012 at 11:40 pm

So this is where we are! Hola, amigos!

6. 24 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    April 17, 2012 at 11:42 pm

DISQUALIFIED & DISHONORABLE @MittRomney ….

#AmericaThisIsNotATest

#LandslideOBAMA2012

#LandslideDEMS2012

#YesWeMust

7. 25 magapie
    April 17, 2012 at 11:54 pm

The major bright spot is teddie-nugent will be dead or in jail in seven months. HE PROMISED! Perfect! Thanks teddie!!

• 26 globalcitizenlinda
      April 18, 2012 at 12:19 am

you know we could hold him to this promise come nov 6th 2012

• 27 Jennifer
        April 18, 2012 at 1:43 am

The really scary thing about Ted Gunent is that he’s such a coward, but did you see the some of the folks nodding their heads. Who knows what one of those assholes might try. Shudder. Nah, ain’t gonna happen since all NRA members are such responsible peeps. /sarcasm

8. 28 PoliticalJunkessa
    April 18, 2012 at 12:01 am

Good night Chips! Good night TOD! Love the NASCAR ceremony and our lovely First Lady. Looks like tomorrow will be another busy day for our Prez. I so hope he is getting some rest somehow….

Sweet dreams, all. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

9. April 18, 2012 at 12:10 am

The Senate will resume consideration of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) on Wednesday, when it opens its session at 9:30 a.m.

Earlier in in March, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) accused Democrats of seeking to quickly reauthorize the legislation to portray Republicans as strongly against it. Grassley said the legislation had support on his side of the aisle and that there was no need to push the legislation through.

• 30 0388jojothecat
      April 18, 2012 at 12:56 am

Then why the “F” won’t they authorize it if the republicants are for it?

April 18, 2012 at 1:46 am

Because they are “Rs” !! They don’t need a reason. Actually, “reason” never enters their brains.

10. 32 globalcitizenlinda
    April 18, 2012 at 12:13 am

Chips, thanks for the update on FLOTUS and NASCAR.

To The TOD “Obama Defense Team”, thanks a lot for all the hits you are administering to the right-wingers. thanks for fighting the good fight.

Press up and Press On

11. 34 sherijr
    April 18, 2012 at 12:29 am

I want us to vote in droves. I want this election to go down in the history books as the one that brought this country to its feet to stand up and vote for what is right. In.A.Landslide. The biggest landslide ever. I am sick to death of the Limbaugh/Palin/Romney/Santorum/Nugent/Gingrich Hate Brigade. I want my President to win and I want him to win so huge that those people go to bed crying every single night for the rest of their disgusting lives.

deep breath.

• 35 globalcitizenlinda
      April 18, 2012 at 12:37 am

I hear you and share your sentiments. I want an Obama/Biden landslide which will hurt the hate-mongers so much that they need to receive professional medical/psychological help to recover.

My heart is tired of the hate-machine and only an President Obama re-election can give me untold pleasure as these haters are relegated to the dustbin of history

• 36 sherijr
        April 18, 2012 at 12:42 am

well said linda… put ‘em all in long long term very expensive therapy :) I like it!

April 18, 2012 at 7:57 am

I shared your thoughts on Twitter as they closely reflect mine. Apologies for not including credits – no space.

April 18, 2012 at 7:58 am
        • 39 sherijr
          April 18, 2012 at 12:19 pm

thanks for tweeting it vc… anytime is fine with me. I want people so fired up they can’t wait to vote :)

• 40 jackiegrumbacher
      April 18, 2012 at 7:27 am

From your lips to God’s ears, Sherijr.

• April 18, 2012 at 8:37 am

I too agree, sherijr. I pray that God will reign over this up coming election. I pray that God’s power will show the world, exactly WHO Is In charge of our Nation, and Universe.

12. April 18, 2012 at 12:33 am

Follow her- she is director of rapid response for our campaign-

13. April 18, 2012 at 12:35 am

The Obama WOW video just made my night.

14. 44 Tally
    April 18, 2012 at 12:40 am

Hey everyone – thanks so much for all the kind words on my rant – I was barefoot in my kitchen cooking – isn’t that where we’re supposed to be? :D

15. 50 globalcitizenlinda
    April 18, 2012 at 12:49 am

So some people are listening when we shame them for their dis-respecting actions and words towards President Obama.

I find the story below encouraging about the possibility of change when people are made to face facts or uncomfortable truths.

This story also indicates that ordinary unbiased people do not take to kindly to those in public life who show open disrespect to President Obama.

One by one may be others can change their behavior

“Lesson learned: All 12 drivers show up at White House”

By Stephanie Kuzydym, USA TODAY

WASHINGTON – After seeing NASCAR take a PR hit when four of its drivers skipped a White House ceremony in September, Dale Earnhardt Jr. said Tuesday “everybody learned a good lesson to be here this year.”

The last time the 12 Chase for the Sprint Cup drivers were invited to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., four stars —Greg Biffle, Carl Edwards, Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewart — declined, citing scheduling conflicts.

Athletes declining a White House visit had recently become bigger news than those athletes who do attend. In January, Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas was the only member of the team to not visit the White House, where President Obama honored the 2011 Stanley Cup winners. Thomas skipped due to his political beliefs.

————–

In addition to Stewart and Edwards, other drivers in attendance were: Harvick, Matt Kenseth, Brad Keselowski, Jimmie Johnson, Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon, Ryan Newman, Denny Hamlin, Kurt Busch and Kyle Busch.

Earnhardt Jr. also missed the trip to the White House last year. That’s because NASCAR’s most popular driver wasn’t in the Chase in 2010 (he finished seventh last year).

“I was just glad to have an opportunity to shake his hand and get my picture made,” Earnhardt said of Obama. “I’m appreciative to be here, to have the opportunity to do. He seems like a busy man.

“I hope that every time we come back and the president gets to know more of us better that he becomes a fan, a bigger fan. It’s an important connection for us to have with the government as much as we support and work with our military.”

“Oh, this suit,” Earnhardt said, glancing down. “It’s not as comfortable. It’s appropriate, I guess, for this occasion. I don’t wear a suit or tie a tie too often, so I’m not too good at it. I spent all day trying to get this one tied and finally got it right before we got here.”

He wore one because he saw it as an important event. It was an invitation “you never turn down.”
    “This year I brought my girlfriend (Amy Reimann),” Earnhardt said. “If I get the opportunity to come back, I’ll probably bring my mother.”

• 51 0388jojothecat
      April 18, 2012 at 1:03 am

Tim Thomas needs to take a leason from Earnhardt. Just imagine if most of the african american football, baseball, basketball players, etc, decided not to attend an invitation to go to the white house when bush was president?

• 52 vitaminlover
      April 18, 2012 at 9:28 pm

I like this good report.

16. April 18, 2012 at 12:55 am

That Obama: WOW video was chilling and fun at the same time. You ROCK, Chips.

17. 54 auni
    April 18, 2012 at 1:01 am

Thanks Tally for the powerful words. There are so few places to find the kind of strong truth that we must put forth. I so appreciate Chips providing this spot.

18. 57 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    April 18, 2012 at 1:52 am

DISQUALIFIED & DISHONORABLE

#AmericaThisIsNotATest

#PRESSON

19. April 18, 2012 at 2:56 am

Stephanie Cutter interview on the Hispanic Population-

Video-

20. April 18, 2012 at 6:45 am

The official launch for Latinos for Obama-

This is cool!

21. April 18, 2012 at 6:53 am

Friedman says that Bloomberg should run as an independent. McKinon is pushing third party, Americans Elect. He mentioned Buddy Roemer as having a great message. Thomas Friedman and McKinon are in cahoots!
    For real!

22. April 18, 2012 at 6:56 am

President Barack Obama will receive endorsements Wednesday from the Sierra Club, League of Conservation Voters, Clean Water Action and Environment America, according to an environmental political operative and a House Democratic source.

23. April 18, 2012 at 7:00 am

So, the Daily Caller found an excerpt in Dreams of my Father, that said the President ate Dog in Indonesia.
    And this is supposed to be the equivalent of Seamus!
    It’s getting ugly out there!

24. April 18, 2012 at 7:11 am

In a bid to win independents, President Obama’s campaign is ramping up efforts to label Mitt Romney a hardcore conservative.

Out is the emphasis on Romney as a centrist flip-flopper with “no core,” a tag useful for Democrats as they attempted to hurt Romney with Republican voters and lengthen the primary season.

April 18, 2012 at 7:13 am

It’s ugly – for Willard only though. Everyone knows this is apples and oranges.

How do you compare an 8-yr old child living in a poor country eating food that may have contained dog meat. to an exceptionally wealthy grown man being cruel to his own dog?

• April 18, 2012 at 7:20 am

“I know the Secret Service has a lot to deal with right now, but are they protecting Bo? From Obama, I mean,” Treacher quipped. “Obama would never put a dog on top of a car. Dries out the meat.”

Romney strategist Eric Fehrnstrom tweeted about a photo of Obama and Bo: “In hindsight, a chilling photo”

Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt fired back: “What’s the next attack @EricFehrn and the @GOP will surface on a 6-10 year old?”

Silly season!

April 18, 2012 at 7:19 am

So CBS/NYTIMES has released their cooked polls with Romney and Obama tied at 46% each. BUT…

• April 18, 2012 at 7:22 am

Typical! Robney camp is really lobbying behind the scenes, to set the narrative! You can tell, they Lobby the polls!

April 18, 2012 at 7:29 am

And we know that very well. I’ve posted a tweet below from @JeffersonObama that speaks exactly to that.

27. April 18, 2012 at 7:26 am

What? How? To much Koch money in that State. Kochs own Wisconsin, they bought it!
    Apparently!

April 18, 2012 at 7:26 am

HAHA! I think Chips should put this pic on her front page to alert lurkers (many of whom might be the MSM, pollsters, GOPers, etc) that we are on to Gallup’s dirty tricks at Willard’s behest.

photo/1

29. April 18, 2012 at 7:38 am
  30. April 18, 2012 at 7:39 am
    April 18, 2012 at 7:44 am

The GOP and the Romney camp really are desperate. They’ve been screaming on twitter that Pres. Obama ate dog meat so no one should blame Romney for putting Seamus on the car roof for a 12 hour trip to Canada. First of all, according to PBO’s book Dreams From My Father he was 8 or 9 years old when his step-dad made him eat dog meat. Apparently, it’s an Indonesian delicacy. For the GOP to compare a child obeying his parents and a grown man breaking the law in MA in regards to pets and pet cruelty really is a sign of desperation.

When you have conservatives, liberals, some journalists, Anthony Bourdain on twitter all saying they’ve tried snake meat, dog meat, shark meat, cat meat, grasshopper, etc. on trips to Asia and elsewhere because they didn’t know, because they were in the PeaceCorps, because it was the local delicacy and custom, then you’ve lost the conversation.

The Romney camp really is desperate. They’re mad that the Seamus incident will never stop haunting them. To that I say, go suck on a rotten egg.

• April 18, 2012 at 7:48 am

I agree! Now watch Robney camp lobby PETA! Bet?

April 18, 2012 at 8:02 am

That’s what the hashtag about ObamaDogrecipes was about last night. I tweeted them back saying that on November 6, while they are on Twitter consoling themselves with Obamadogrecipes jokes, we Obama supporters will be out celebrating Victory Night.

I noticed the hashtag disappeared not too soon after I tweeted that.

• 97 Ladyhawke
      April 18, 2012 at 8:21 am

Wow, it’s come to this? Is that what they are seriously pedaling in an attempt to neutralize the Seamus story? How old are the people running the Romney campaign? Twelve. This really makes them look like juveniles.

32. April 18, 2012 at 7:45 am

Hey Hopefruit,
    Good morning.
    Where is everybody?

Sleeping in? I just had a blueberry muffin! You want one?

• 99 collegekay
      April 18, 2012 at 7:57 am

I am here lurking!

April 18, 2012 at 7:59 am

Morning Jovie. Thanks – I’ve already eaten breakfast so maybe tomorrow I will have a muffin. I do think that Mark Knoller is sleeping in. He must’ve eaten too many donuts last night from the depression of Romney lagging 20 points in internal polling – despite what the published CBS polls claim.

33. 101 jackiegrumbacher
    April 18, 2012 at 7:46 am

If Romney thinks Corbett’s endorsement is going to help him in PA, he’s smoking something. Corbett’s numbers are in the tank here and his mean spirited cost cutting, shady involvement in the Sandusky affair, and insane insensitivity to women’s health care are making him poison. Go ahead, Willard. Campaign with Tom “Cut It”/”Close Your Eyes” Corbett and see how far that gets you. But you’d better avoid Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and every major city when you do. There are probably a few farms you could visit without receiving open contempt, but I wouldn’t count on it.

34. April 18, 2012 at 7:47 am

Would ToD posters like to push back on the Guardian UK headline?

“Barack Obama’s father tops colonial list of Kenyan students in US”

First, Did *only* Kenyan Student’s whose name began with an ‘O’ study in USA?

Second: If indeed only Kenyan Students whose names began with an ‘O’ studied in USA, Obma Snr’s name appears at the ‘top of the list’ because the list is in alpahbetical order:

Guardian Email to Report errors or inaccuracies at: reader@guardian.co.uk

Guardian UK Twitter: @guardian

35. April 18, 2012 at 7:55 am
  36. April 18, 2012 at 8:03 am

On the dog thing, all I have to say is, really? Really? Come on Romney. We knew about this dog thing for over six years. The fact that the campaign has to go through Barack Obama’s life and find an equivalent really speaks to the childishness of the Romney campaign. They can’t prop their guy up. They have to lobby the media for any kind of support since they can’t do it with the people. They have no message, they have no plan. By October, they are gonna look at Romney and go,” What the hell possessed you to run?” I can’t even get mad at this, I just have to laugh.

• 107 Ladyhawke
      April 18, 2012 at 8:27 am

The moral depravity of the Republican Party never ceases to amaze me.

• 108 LOL
      April 18, 2012 at 8:29 am

And the gullible media goes right along for the ride. Pray tell, how many votes could have Boehner gotten on this grand bargain from his side? Did anyone ever think of that? His own transportation bill had to be shelved after members complained. He retooled it and retooled it, and still he shelved it. It is really amazing to me how the press has never asked this question.

April 18, 2012 at 8:29 am

The irony (nerve?) of Boehner discussing someone else’s courage! Lord, if GOP could ONLY see themselves as others see them!