May

This and That

Cagle

Tuesday: The President will travel to Albany, New York for an official event on the economy. In the evening, the President will return to Washington, DC to deliver the keynote address at the Asian Pacific American Institute for Congressional Studies 18th Annual Gala Dinner at the Ritz Carlton.

Wednesday: The President will attend meetings at the White House. In the evening, as part of their “In Performance at the White House” series, the President and First Lady will host a concert in the East Room honoring songwriters Burt Bacharach and Hal David, who will be awarded the 2012 Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for Popular Song. The program will include performances by Sheryl Crow, Michael Feinstein, Diana Krall, Lyle Lovett, Mike Myers, Rumer, Arturo Sandoval, Sheléa and Stevie Wonder.

Thursday: The President will travel to Seattle, Washington and Los Angeles, California for campaign events. The President will remain overnight in Los Angeles, California.

Friday: The President will travel to Reno, Nevada for an official event on the economy. In the afternoon, the President will return to Washington, DC.

Ready to Go Rally, Richmond, VA, May 5

Photo by Scout Tufankjian for Obama for America

Flickr

Cagle

The Week

249 Responses to “This and That”

1. 1 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    May 7, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Some severely worthwhile advice for Mitt …

#PRESSON

• 2 Pamela
      May 7, 2012 at 5:07 pm

You are rock Bobfr!

• 3 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
        May 7, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Thank you Pamela!

#PRESSON

May 7, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Hey Pamela, what’s cooking?
        Been meaning to ask you to remind me of the name of the system you use and the online piece that you buy that lasts approx a month. Dummy here forgot to ‘favourite’ the post the info was in! This time I’ll note it in a ‘safe’ place until I’m ready to buy.

• 5 Pamela
          May 7, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I have iPad2. It took a long time and I wasted a lot of money with the cellular data method, which means you need a more expensive version of the tablet also. Finally found a Sierra Hotspot, it is a small unit with which you can lock a signal to your own system, and costs $50/month for 5GB. I paid outright for the Hotspot, it was $269.00, but doing that meant I was free from contract. The fees for terminating a 2 year contract are shocking, robbery, and should be illegal. I am sorry to say it is operated by AT&T, which I would be happy to leave forever. The best thing about the hotspot, I can operate 5 different wifi capable devices: so finally can have my iPhone, MacBook and iPad all connected at the same time if I choose to. Never could do that before. Anyway, I don’t really need to do that often, but it is cool. Mostly I have wifi free at the building I work in, also in the lady’s apartment there is free wifi with her cable. I easily make it through the month watching lots of videos w/o having pay for extra data, tho it is still $10/GB. It is a post-paid system, so they bill for how much data you use by the end of each month. Another great thing, the Sim card is removable, so the unit can be used anywhere in the world. So they say. In my 3rd month, I am fairly satisfied. Still wish I could lose AT&T, I am not a fan of the corporation. PS: on the iPad, I can ‘copy’ a single post, then ‘paste’ it onto my yellow notepad… Much easier than saving all the posts and scrolling through to find something I need to re-read. Very handy, indeed!

• 6 Pamela
            May 7, 2012 at 5:34 pm

This could all be easily done with an iPad which only has WiFi capacity, no need to have both cellular data, and WiFi. Unless you are in a more remote area where a WiFi signal might not come through… No guarantee a regular signal would either in that case.

May 7, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Thanks! I made notes this time, even though I couldn’t copy & paste. ;) Some of the info is too ‘technical’ for me at the moment but hopefully it’ll become clearer as I research whether or not I can have the same options here. I really want to avoid the monthly contract idea, so appreciate you sharing your experience. I hope to start looking seriously before month’s end.

• 8 utaustinliberal
                May 7, 2012 at 5:57 pm

You can’t copy and paste? It’s incredibly easy. Drag your mouse across whatever you need. Right click, a drop box comes down. Click copy. Go to wherever you want to add the link or comment. Right click again, a drop box comes down. Click paste and voila the comment or link appears.

If you were joking about not being able to copy and paste then….. :)

May 7, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Yeah, sorry UTAL, I was being ‘silly’ :roll: because Pamela mentioned her ‘yellow notepad’. Thanks for caring. There are days when I’m a pain, I know. :oops:

2. 12 carla4obama
    May 7, 2012 at 5:02 pm

anman11
    May 7, 2012 at 3:31 pm
    carla4, I have been discussing this issue every chance I get. I constantly ask the question; Why is it not consider treason when 15 congressional leaders gather together immediately after the inauguration of a newly elected President and plot to destroy the elected President and America when there are two wars and the economy is in absolute free fall? Please, someone tell me? We must continue to have this conversation everyday until an investigation is underway.

• 13 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
      May 7, 2012 at 5:12 pm

You can be assured that many are going to be reminded of this issue quite frequently ….

Have been tweeting a variation on their willful intent to sabotage President Obama anyway possible, even with America and the world on the brink of a Great Depression. If you check my twitter tl you’ll find earlier versions of the message.

#PRESSON

• 17 nathkatun7
      May 7, 2012 at 10:41 pm

I totally share your sentiments, Carla! Again, this is what’s wrong with the U.S. media. Plotting to destroy a duly elected President during war time and amidst a devastating economic crisis is not as important as the crowd size during a rally, or who is up and who is down in manufactured polls.

3. 18 Liberal Librarian
    May 7, 2012 at 5:03 pm

So was today Mitt’s No Good, Very Bad Day?

• 19 Pamela
      May 7, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Please please please, keep him out of Australia; I fear for that lovey country when I see he has holding there, his evil, dark and money grabbing life philosophy frightens me. Australians are in some ways too sweet and lovely for his hatefulness.

• 22 yardarm756
      May 7, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Everyday as far as I’m concerned.

• May 7, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Nah. Our corporate media is fixated on its new shiny thing – the administration’s view of gay marriage.

• 24 theo67
      May 7, 2012 at 6:16 pm

What’s this? Is Mitt going to Australia? I seem to recall some right winger who gave a speech in front of President Obama and praised George Bush, praised President Obama for sticking with George Bush’s policies about something or other.

• 25 Pamela
        May 7, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I have seen the world maps which show Myth’s filthy hand in other countries, in red. The entire continent of Australia is red, it scares the bejabers outta me. My ohly child lives there, I am thinking to retire there… But not if he owns the country. :(

4. 26 donna dem 4 obama
    May 7, 2012 at 5:04 pm

An excellent This and That Miss Chips ;)

5. 27 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    May 7, 2012 at 5:05 pm

A most excellent tweet from Steff Cutter …

#PRESSON

• May 7, 2012 at 5:09 pm

That’s what he gets for trying to stalk the President. It’s only going to get worse. Romney is going to wind up being a spectator at his own event because as we have seen from 2008 these wingers have not even begun to froth at the mouth.

• 29 LDS
        May 7, 2012 at 11:48 pm

MOVE THAT BUS! MOVE THAT BUS!

Instead of telling POB and Michelle to “Start packing”
        Make a note to the both of you, “Don’t Even Bother.”

• 30 utaustinliberal
      May 7, 2012 at 5:24 pm

You stalk like a creep, Karma turns around and bitchslaps you.

6. 33 proudmemberofglobalzero
    May 7, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Tweet is back. Please give this man a chance again. He looks a bit angry about what the GOP in the states are doing to kill the vote.

7. 35 Pamela
    May 7, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Hi, was commenting on previous, please read it, if you have time. Love to all!

8. May 7, 2012 at 5:08 pm

CIA fouled plot to blowup airliner, from Yemen to US!
    The President knew of the plot last month, directed all services to protect the People of America.
    This may have led to Sundays killing of That top al Qaeda dude in Yemen.
    But but but…

9. 37 Bill R.
    May 7, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Obama administration prevents another terror attack- breaking newshttp://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/07/official-attempt-to-blow-up-u-s-bound-plane-thwarted/?on.cnn=1

10. May 7, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I love the rapid response from the Obama Campaign.

THEY ARE NOT PLAYING WITH YOU, WILLARD.

……………………

Mon May 07, 2012 at 01:15 PM PDT.

Obama campaign responds to Mitt Romney’s silence on treason allegation

Statement from Obama campaign spokeswoman Lis Smith on Mitt Romney failing to repudiate accusation of treason against President Obama and his campaign surrogate’s attack on travel by President and Mrs. Obama.

Today we saw Mitt Romney’s version of leadership: standing by silently as his chief surrogate attacked the President’s family at the event and another supporter alleged that the President should be tried for treason. Time after time in this campaign, Mitt Romney has had the opportunity to show that he has the fortitude to stand up to hateful and over-the-line rhetoric and time after time, he has failed to do so. If this is the ‘leadership’ he has shown on the campaign trail, what can the American people expect of him as commander-in-chief?

• 41 Cha
      May 7, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Willard’s a fucking coward. It’s written all over his sniveling big ol ugly head. Fucking sociopathic, pathological liar is a sniveling little pissy coward. Take your stupid damn dumb thumb outta your mouth willy.

• 44 nospin
      May 8, 2012 at 12:23 am

“If this is the ‘leadership’ he has shown on the campaign trail, what can the American people expect of him as commander-in-chief”?

Not a daggone thing. The man has no core.

11. May 7, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Romney scared, that The President got another Terrorist trying to blow us up, again! LOL!

• May 7, 2012 at 5:26 pm

This has been an incredibly efficient round-up over the last year. Amazing.

• May 7, 2012 at 5:39 pm

CNN is still talking about it, Tweety is to busy talking about Joe Biden and also the Voter I’d laws that he says may work to squash democrats chances.
        Lol!

May 7, 2012 at 5:17 pm

• 49 Diane
      May 7, 2012 at 6:03 pm

UT, you are assuming that Romney is a “good man”. Nothing I have seen in his business practices tell me he is. I expect nothing less than this type of behavior from him. He may not be a skin head, but he sure does love the haters.

• 50 prettyfoot58
      May 7, 2012 at 6:53 pm

this is a powerfull tweet…UT…cause it is so true….that is what happened to the Repubs…they thought that they could ride the coattails of the tea party to victory…but what they have is a monster that is eating them alive,,,,

AWsomeeeeee Tweet…

retweeted…

May 7, 2012 at 5:18 pm

• May 7, 2012 at 5:50 pm

I think this key—-Jovie added this in last post—–and it is inexcusable that a supposedly decent newspaper—the WP—-was using years old registration numbers. And thus pollsters use those numbers to show poll results which are skewed, as if no AAs and Latinos/Hispanics are going to vote this go round. It’s almost unbelievable to me. Sometimes you just shake your head —-or want to bang it on the wall.

• 53 Mel
      May 7, 2012 at 7:16 pm

I keep saying the MSM is playing with our heads The mayority of the Latinos we are paying ATTENTION specialy at
      tehTeaParty hate mongoroing against the Latino community on every Presidential Elelectio the GOP will tray to put
      us against each others Hispanics VS AA and it’s not going to work and we are NOT stupid. So fire up and ready
      to GO>

14. 54 Ladyhawke
    May 7, 2012 at 5:21 pm

AUTO-PRESIDENT

By Ed Kilgore

————————————-

So perhaps Mitt should be asked as often as possible: what will you do as president to revive the economy that anyone with a copy of your platform—or the Ryan budget—could do? Aren’t your talents more suited to being a “job-creator” than a government-destroyer? Give us just one example of something you learned at Bain that the rest of us don’t know, that would create jobs, okay, Mitt?

Don’t know if this sort of line of inquiry would turn votes, but it would sure get under his skin, or his case, or whatever it is that holds him together.

————————————-

15. 59 collegekay
    May 7, 2012 at 5:25 pm

I don’t know how I’m gonna survive the next 6 months.

I hate this guy Romney so fucking much. This coward bitch doesn’t even have the decency to refute bogus claims about PBO’s character. And this is after PBO called Romney a patriot who’s raised a wonderful family? Fuck this guy. PBO is just a phenomenal human being. I love him so much and I hate to see him being disrespected.

• May 7, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Hi CollegeKay. . . I understand what you mean, but I take comfort that I can and will register at least one person each day, or talk to someone about the accomplishments of the President, or fax, tweet, email.

Do what you are doing, don’t stop. If you ever stop you are admitting defeat!

• 61 collegekay
        May 7, 2012 at 5:48 pm

I am going to limit my blog surfing and focus on OFA events. I need to stay occupied so the GOP hatred doesn’t get to me.

• 63 theo67
          May 7, 2012 at 6:24 pm

I’ve limited my time on twitter, because I was getting crazy, too. I can’t stand Romney. I despise what he stands for and his weakness at exhibiting any kind of character or integrity. My last straw was when he told the President to “start packing” and his wife stated that “it’s Mitt’s turn”. I mute him, and only get my information about him via this blog and twitter. My soul just can’t take that level of dark emptiness. He stands for nothing but money.

• 64 jackiegrumbacher
        May 7, 2012 at 9:42 pm

That’s exactly the spirit, Mariz.

• 65 Ladyhawke
      May 7, 2012 at 5:40 pm

THE GOP CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

Romney has made it a habit to disrespect President Obama AND President Jimmy Carter. His lack of integrity is just shocking. I am reminded of an interview that Congressman Barney Frank gave where he said in addition to the lying and flip flopping, THERE IS JUST A MEANNESS ABOUT MITT ROMNEY that can not be denied. Barney was speaking from experience, he saw it firsthand and now we are seeing it. It’s ugly and wrong.

• May 7, 2012 at 6:11 pm

A complete lack of integrity on Willard’s part. PBO has gone out of his way to call Romney a patriot who loves his family and called his wife “a lovely woman” etc., and Willard can’t even speak up when some doofus hater at his event says PBO should be tried for treason—-and while his campaign spokesperson is reviving stupid, hateful criticisms of Michelle and the girls’ travels. Romney is empty inside.

• 67 Ladyhawke
          May 7, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Exactly dotster3, President Obama is a statesman and a gentleman. He has been very gracious about Ann Romney, Mitt Romney and their family. Did Mitt Romney need to huddle with his advisors to know that he should have stopped this woman in her tracks from disrespecting President Obama?

Rev Al just had Michael Steele and Ed Rendell on his show talking about this. Michael Steele went through contortions trying to say Romney didn’t dignify the comment at the time and the ever popular both sides do it. He was pathetic. Rev Al and Ed we having none of it. Michael huffed and puffed but in the end he just looked pathetic trying to defend Romney.

• May 7, 2012 at 8:22 pm

That whole thing was a set up. I could not see the woman’s face but I suspect she is the same one who always shows up. I could be wrong but it looked fake.

• 69 Cha
        May 7, 2012 at 8:31 pm

It would be shocking to me if the viciouness were coming from a normal person..but, it’s willard fucking romney who’s known as avicious vulture and a sociopathic pathological liar. He’s what you find when you turn over a rock and all those maggots crawl out. It figures that this is WHAT our President Obama would have to run against this time. Incredibly, they weren’t VILE enough the last time.

May 7, 2012 at 8:41 pm

I confess that I don’t feel the same angst that many here apparently feel about Willard’s silence when confronted with the traitor criticism. In not correcting the woman, Romney was being himself, and I far prefer him to be that for the entirety of this campaign so that the entire country can get a true look at this very flawed PRESIDENTIAL ASPIRANT. Correcting the woman would have been a pretense on Mitt’s part. McCain did so AFTER he and Alaska Barbie had showcased their meanness and stirred up some hate in their town halls and there was an outcry. The end result was that the media gave him (undeserved, imo) kudos for his ‘integrity’ over and over again, and he was puffed up with self-righteousness ever after.

Somewhat tongue in cheek, but I’m saying that we are inconsistent in our expectations of Willard Mitt Romney. One day we criticize him relentlessly because he lies and switches back and forth like a weather vane. Then later we are incensed when he speaks/acts in truth – when he chooses not to lie, or it chooses him. My credo is ‘Let Romney be Romney’ and let everyone see what he is made of. We are all agreed, I think, that money doesn’t guarantee or buy class. It doesn’t buy a moral core either, so why be incensed when Romney confirms what we already know. I’d wager $10 000 (if I knew what that looked like) that the President was not upset by this.

Truthfully, I don’t want to believe that PBO ‘went out of his way’ to say something positive about Romney. Instead I am choosing to believe PBO was being who HE is – an intelligent adult who is able to separate issues from character and who can campaign without demonizing. I seem to remember him ‘angering’ the base in 2007-8 because he kept complimenting Hillary and other opponents, including McCain, when we wanted him to decimate them. IMO PBO speaks of, and wants to believe the ‘good’ in Mitt & company not because he’s naïve, but because he generally reaches out to our better natures. If he gets ‘slapped’ in the process, the action says a lot about the slapper and people will notice. As things ramp up we really can’t afford to take our eyes off the prize and get too emotional at slights, ESPECIALLY WHEN WE KNOW THEY ARE BOUND TO COME. I’m all for slights like these empowering us to go find and nurture one more vote, or give one more small donation, or encourage one disheartened democrat.

• 71 jackiegrumbacher
          May 7, 2012 at 9:47 pm

VCprez, beautifully stated and so on point. Let Romney be Romney so that the difference between hm and PBO will be so stark it will be obvious to even the dullest mind.

May 7, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Thanks, JG. I’m counting on the difference being so stark that when we slap back the sound will resound through several election cycles!

• 73 prettyfoot58
      May 7, 2012 at 6:55 pm

we shall overcome CollegeKay……

• 74 Betsy
      May 7, 2012 at 8:35 pm

I feel the same way, but I plan to focus on President Obama, watch the rallies, continue to watch him sing Al Green; read the TOD daily, that’s how I plan to survive!

16. 75 FormelyFRED
    May 7, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Hi TOD family
    I just had to log on after the foiled plane bomb plot.I am doing well,just resting cuz I feel very week.
    Flotus and Potus were simply fabulous on Saturday and I just had to come and say that.
    I heard Romney let some old racist coot get away with a “Traitor” comment and what the hell was that McDonald’s insult directed at the Lawyer,Best Selling author ,Senator and President of the United States?
    Can anyone PLEASE tweet Stephanie Cutter and ask her if Potus can get on TV to discuss that terror plot.We DON’T need the Bush people on tv running their traps anymore and owning anything when it comes down to Intelligence and tools used and co-operation with other countries
    Potus has mastered the fight on terrorism NOT they :roll:
    This is yet another Coup for Potus and the Obama Administration and I hope Potus lets the American people know what he knew,when he knew and what he can tell us
    THANK YOU President Obama for being pro-active and keep our Country and the world safe
    Hope you are all doing well
    please take good care
    thanks Chips for the site
    until next time
    Fred :wink:

• 76 mtmarilyn
      May 7, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Thanks for checking in Fred!!! I agree that the President needs to let us know about this plot. I don’t know that he will. I just wish more Dems would speak up!!!

• 77 joanshaw
      May 7, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Glad to hear from you, Fred. Get better!

• 78 prettyfoot58
      May 7, 2012 at 6:57 pm

hey Fred.~~wavnnnn…..thanks for checkin in….

• 79 HZ
        May 7, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Hi Fred. It is so good to hear from your. Please take your time and continue to rest and relax. I hope that you will continue to heal and get stronger. I will continue to lift you up in my prayers and meditations. (((((((((((((((( Love and hugs to you)))))))))))))))))) HZ

17. May 7, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Panetta to take questions on matter momentarily!
    This is a bfd!

18. 81 vitaminlover
    May 7, 2012 at 5:26 pm

President Obama has a knack for knocking out a terrorist. Especially the big deal ones.

19. 82 Jaleea
    May 7, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Our president is so on top of things, I don’t see how some think they’ll be safer with Rmoney.

20. 83 Ladyhawke
    May 7, 2012 at 5:27 pm

IT’S THE ECONOMY, SMARTYPANTS (A really, really good read)

By Paul Waldman

————————————————

Romney does have a lengthy economic plan, but it amounts to the same thing Republicans always advocate: tax cuts, particularly on the wealthy; spending cuts in domestic programs; eliminating regulations; free trade; undermining labor unions, and so on. The closest thing to an innovative idea is the creation of a “Reagan Economic Zone,” which presumably will create wealth through the repeated incantation of the great one’s name.

Which is just the point: if Mitt Romney’s experience in private equity gives him such unique understanding of the economy, why is what he proposes exactly what you’d hear from any Republican who spent his working life in government? It’s partly because Romney is a Republican, and things like tax cuts and reductions in regulation are just what Republicans believe. But maybe it’s also because when it comes to the things government can do to affect the economy, being a businessman doesn’t give you such special insight after all.

————————————————

(h/t Ed Kilgore)

21. 84 Linda
    May 7, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Mitt has another problem nipping at his ankles.

• May 7, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Honestly I think this is the least of Mitt’s worries.

• 86 4morefor44
      May 7, 2012 at 5:51 pm

omg, it would be so hilarious for ron paul to gain more control of the republican process this year. he would be forced to reveal how much of a fraud he and all of libertarianism truly is, and the difference between their message and PBO’s and democrats could not be any more stark. oh please, paulites, please keep it going! the guy literally names his son after ayn rand, and is clearly unstable (intense clip so don’t watch if you don’t like yelling):

i’ve had/have several libertarian ron paul backing friends over the years, and it’s ridiculously easy to deconstruct their arguments even for me, so i can’t even imagine what PBO could do with these selfish children.

22. 88 daisydem
    May 7, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I know the big story is going to be about the foiled plane bombing attempt, but what did Romney say about the President and First Lady’s travel? I just want to know; he (Romney) is making me so mad. I just want our President to stand up and tell him to come on … give us what you got because (as Michael Douglas says in “The American President) I AM the President of the United States!

23. 89 PoliticalJunkessa
    May 7, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Thanks for a great round-up, Chips! Beautiful pics. I remember seeing Scout at the event on Saturday. She and Pete move so quickly, it’s amazing how good they are at what they do.

Nice to have a new thread. The last one was seriously killing my buzz :lol:!

24. May 7, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Are you telling me, that the explosive device would have been implanted inside the Body?
    They are adapting. This is scary shit!

May 7, 2012 at 5:41 pm

26. 94 Linda
    May 7, 2012 at 5:44 pm

So the woman that PBO should be tried for treason is African American ?

Seriously ?

• May 7, 2012 at 5:50 pm

She has been brain washed!

May 7, 2012 at 5:57 pm

The Romney camp was “smart” enough to plant a Black lady in their nearly all-white audience to attack President Obama. I put smart in quotes because this one was a dead giveaway as to the scripted nature of this incident. It was so stupid and predictable, and I’m not sure why they thought that people can’t see through this BS.

• 99 utaustinliberal
        May 7, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Blew up in their faces. Can we all say……I-R-O-N-Y. :lol:

• 100 Linda
        May 7, 2012 at 6:07 pm

I want to see her face…..there seems to be one AA woman all several of his events..

May 7, 2012 at 6:21 pm

It’s interesting that you made that comment – the woman’s face was NEVER shown the whole time, now I think of it. Only her moving hands and forearms were shown. The cameras were positioned so that people could tell she was black from her hands, but they were careful not to show her face because as you seem to suspect she is probably the same operative who sits in his audience wherever he goes.

• 102 theo67
            May 7, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Who are these people who sell themselves out?!

• May 7, 2012 at 8:25 pm

They are the same “souless ” people like Mitt. In this case, this woman allowed herself to be a vessel of negatives and then spread her insecure mind and being to be a part of a negative, unstable, heartless being who sees the world, this way. But we are going to move away from this sort of empty, ugly, unhappy, and unpeaceful beings in our nation.

We can either be vessels of goodness, angels of grace, a heart full of caring and hands and feet to move Forward to give out the best and good of our souls for the beautiful people of this nations who need a good and positive message to help them fulfill their God given gifts to be the Best that they were created to be. Plain and simple. HZ

• 105 Mel
            May 7, 2012 at 7:25 pm

I noticed that I could not see her face it’s very strange can somebody work on it? please it’s crazy.

• 106 Diane
          May 7, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I agree! I am beginning to suspect they are bussing diversity–This is the third time I have seen a black woman and you don’t see her face.

• 107 Pamela
            May 7, 2012 at 7:23 pm

She probably wrote the clause to be anonymous into her huge contract to be the token AA female. She sure as hell doesnt want her friends to know what she is up to

• 108 nospin
              May 8, 2012 at 12:35 am

“She sure as hell doesnt want her friends to know what she is up to”

lololol I read your comment after I commented.

• May 7, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I think I’ve seen this movie before. I would love to know her real story, if she really believes President Obama should be tried for treason—-and if so, how she came to that demented thinking—–or if she’s a plant. They (all of them) just love to use AAs to attack President Obama, don’t they? I’ve said from the beginning if you’re AA and willing to criticize President Obama, the sky’s the limit—you’ve got your choice of gigs. I am just sad that there are people willing to go along with this.

• 110 nospin
      May 8, 2012 at 12:32 am

she had to have been paid.

Now the poor woman can’t go home. Can’t go to her momma’s house, can’t go to the hair salon, can’t go to a barbershop, and her poor kids (if she has any) can’t go to school and are probably wondering why their friends parents won’t let them come over.

27. May 7, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Tweety is ready to talk about 2010 census data that says AA and Hispanic registration way down.
    Since then, 14 million AA has registered to vote and 1.2 million Hispanic.
    Tweety next segment is flawed!

May 7, 2012 at 5:57 pm

He will be tweeted and challenged on this.

• 113 COS
      May 7, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Where does Tweety and these folks get their statistics? This is a little OT, but the lady who made the treason reference to PBO in regards to the constitutiontoday appeared to be an AA I beleive. If so, as an AA shame on her. How much was she paid?

May 7, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Check my (and Linda’s) comments a few posts above…we have reason to believe that this might be a paid staffer who attends each and every one of Robney’s events for the appearance of “diversity.”

• 115 COS
          May 7, 2012 at 6:43 pm

I agree Hopefruit. I started reading the blog from the end and I just saw your comments. They only showed her hands and just a small part of her face. She has got to be a plant for diversity. Shame, shame, shame on her talking that tea party garbage. She need to be schooled.

• 116 Diane
            May 7, 2012 at 6:52 pm

I wish american bridge would get one of their video people to follow Mitt and see if this woman is indeed a plant.

• 117 nathkatun7
              May 7, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Diane, In my humble opinion, I think that would be a waste of time and money. There is nothing new here. Plant or no plant, this woman is utterly insignificant. The fact that she is black also means nothing as they’ve always been a few blacks willing to sell out or act as fools. Justice C. Thomas comes to mind. What is important is Romney’s cowardice and his failure to show leadership by calling out her BS that he now claims he did not agree with.

• 118 jackiegrumbacher
      May 7, 2012 at 9:55 pm

And this doesn’t include the massive registration efforts that are going on right now in Hispanic neighborhoods and among AAs across the country.

28. 119 nintendowii10
    May 7, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I’m not sure if Chips can see this message, but I apologized for my semantic rant over the weekend in the last post. It was certainly not my objective to concern troll nor to rile people up.

If Chips truly wants to ban me from this blog, then that’s OK. I’ll still support our President elsewhere.

This truly is an excellent blog, and an awesome dedicated group of people to fight for his re election.

If I am able to continue to post on this blog (per Chips’ decision) then I will think before I concern troll. As a matter of fact, there will be little to no more concern trolling from me. If I am able to post on here again, I’ll be 100% dedicated to getting our President re elected and moving FORWARD.

If I am no longer allowed to post, so be it. Her blog, her rules, and I can respect that. I still thank her and others for allowing me to share my opinions and thoughts regarding the state of our nation’s politics and how toxic it has become on ALL sides.

Sincerely,

nintendowii10

• May 7, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Nintendowii10, you’re welcome back if you spare us what went on on Saturday – as I said, the spin on PBO’s rallies was Drudge-like.

“…. regarding the state of our nation’s politics and how toxic it has become on ALL sides.”

Seriously, are you equating GOP/Teabagger toxicity with what’s coming from Dems?

PS Please only sign in under one name!

May 7, 2012 at 5:57 pm

30. 123 Ladyhawke
    May 7, 2012 at 6:07 pm

C.I.A. Thwarts New Qaeda Underwear Bomb Plot

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

———————————

WASHINGTON (AP) — The CIA thwarted an ambitious plot by al-Qaida’s affiliate in Yemen to destroy a U.S.-bound airliner using a bomb with a sophisticated new design around the one-year anniversary of the killing of Osama bin Laden, The Associated Press has learned.
    The plot involved an upgrade of the underwear bomb that failed to detonate aboard a jetliner over Detroit on Christmas 2009. This new bomb was also designed to be used in a passenger’s underwear, but this time al-Qaida developed a more refined detonation system, U.S. officials said.

———————————–

31. 126 Linda
    May 7, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Michael Steele just made a complete ass of himself on Rev. Al…

32. 133 yardarm756
    May 7, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Did anyone beside me notice that the treason question posed to Willard was by a woman of color?

33. 139 Linda
    May 7, 2012 at 6:25 pm

BREAKING NEWS – Empty suit and mannequins at department store confused for a romney rally. Turnout numbers about the same.

Film at eleven.

34. 144 lamh35
    May 7, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Today’s news and the weekend rally’s all show one thing…going crazy and obsessing on every daily story or weekly meme will drive you crazy. What was going on last week? Everybody was hyperventilating about the jobs numbers. Now is anyone talking about the job numbers…nope. This past weekend there was alot of hyperventilation about certain aspects of the media trying to diminish the large number of supporters POTUS has at the rallys, but what are we talking about today…another terrorist attack averted…

I’m telling ya guys. We got 6 more months to go…ya gotta pace yourself with the freak-outs, because as this weekend proved, time and media is in constant flux. Pace yourself before ya stroke out.

FIRED UP!!!!

• 145 yardarm756
      May 7, 2012 at 6:34 pm

So true. I’m thinking that stuff is all heifer dust. One real big concern for me is voter suppression.

• 146 lamh35
        May 7, 2012 at 6:37 pm

yeah. that’s been on my mind too. I’m gonna be posting alot of links to my FB whenever and wherever I find them.

• May 7, 2012 at 6:39 pm

That’s my main, maybe only, concern too.

• 148 Betsy
        May 7, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Me too, it’s my biggest concern despite good news that George Soros is donating to groups trying to help people register to vote. I really , really want the number of people voting in 2012 to be the highest ever just to stick it in the GOP faces!

• 150 aquagranny911
        May 7, 2012 at 9:44 pm

That’s my major worry also.

• 151 jackiegrumbacher
        May 7, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Yes, Yardarm, that’s the big one and we have to do everything in our power to overcome it by registering larger than ever numbers of voters and making sure they have IDs.

35. 154 4morefor44
    May 7, 2012 at 6:29 pm

i need to watch some PBO speeches right now. not sure how he keeps his calm in the face of this insanity, but this increase (once again) in pouting from lgbt activists is really wearing on me…again. i saw some of carney’s press conference today and jake yapper and friends literally laughing at him when he kept answering that PBO has advanced lgbt causes more than any president ever, by far! they just ignore that fact and were incessantly parsing every little semantic issue possible. jay made the point that it’s not trivial and those accomplishments are already helping thousands…that’s real-life positive change, and they mock him. now i see an article saying some donors are holding their donations hostage until PBO does more. for real!?!? i swear i would just tell these babies to leave then, and please don’t ever come back. go chain yourselves to something and stay there. thankfully there are enough groups that do get it, and are helping PBO get re-elected, but man, i need some PBO wisdom to calm me down. later.

• 155 theo67
      May 7, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Then the real question becomes: how can we watch or read any of these journalists who laugh in the face of facts? Why would we give them any time of our days, or dollars from our pockets if they have shown themselves to be so dismissive of factual information and not only cynical, but disdainful of the truth? We’re not stupid.

• May 7, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Does anyone have the LGBT issues/bills signed by this administration in one place?? Lets ALL tweet to the @MEDIAFAIL! We know they have this information (which they choose to ignore), but lets send it to them anyway, again, too.

May 7, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Jake Tapper is not an LGBT activist. And he doesn’t speak for LGBT activists anymore than Don Lemon of CNN speaks for Black people.

If you REALLY want to know how LGBT activists are responding to the MSM-manufactured nontroversy about same-sex marriage, I urge you to watch (if you can find an archived copy somewhere) of today’s segment on Andrea Mitchell reports when she interviews HRC President Joe Solomonese.

Do not fall for the MSM’s tricks to have Obama’s straight and gay supporters attacking each other. The MSM is looking for a divisive issue and what better way to get gays and (blacks in particular) attacking each other instead of Mitt Romney where the focus should be.

• 162 Ladyhawke
        May 7, 2012 at 7:15 pm

JOE SOLMONESE: IT’S NOT ABOUT PRESIDENT OBAMA IT’S ABOUT US.

——————————–

Andrea Mitchelll interviewed Joe Salmonese (Human Rights Campaign). Joe made a lot of good points. He said the issue is not about President Obama it’s about us (the LGBT Community). He said he hoped the LGBT Community would not get side tracked by this. He said President Obama has demonstrated his support for the LGBT community. He said he understands that President Obama is evolving and he assumes he is evolving “towards” gay marriage at some point.

Notice how Andrea Mitchell just doesn’t understand what is taking President Obama so long to say he supports gay marriage. And what’s the White House afraid of. She never focuses on the long list of accomplishments for the LGBT Community, the goalposts just keeps moving and moving. President Obama just can’t do enough fast enough. When at some point he says he has evolved to supporting gay marriage then that will be dissected and analyzed ad nauseum.

———————————

May 7, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Thanks Ladyhawke! This is what everyone needs to see, and I hope Chips posts the segment if possible.

36. 164 auni
    May 7, 2012 at 6:38 pm

I was listening to a progressive radio station a bit ago and he (who?) was talking to a visitor who was complaining about a caller who had said he has supported President Obama and voted for him, but won’t do so again because of the gay marraige thing–said Don’t Ask was no big deal. The guy told him not to pay any attention to the caller–it’s common for the other side to call and mention that they are Dems but won’t vote for PBO again. It’s a ploy just to get other Dems thinking along the same lines. I didn’t realize this was happening, but makes sense–it’s the way those vile thugs behave. You have to imagine the worst and then double it! I felt McCain was at his best when he said the President was a Christian family man who loves his country.

• 165 theo67
      May 7, 2012 at 6:45 pm

This has been going on for some time. They call it “concern trolling”, I believe. They hit a nerve with some people who harbor some sort of prejudice or disagreement, and then it provides a level of credibility for the person to avoid facing their own shortcomings, since they feel like they’re not alone in their bigotry or whatever.

There’s no thinking, self-respecting person who would vote for anything being offered by the GOP. Grover Norquist has already stated that the Presidency is no better than the auto-pen that Mark Knoller is obsessed about – and that their candidate will rubber stamp whatever they put in front of him. They’ve got all their legislation being written for them by ALEC, a large lobbying group that is only concerned with the bottom line, and who think corporations are people. They’ve got a nominee who is a coward, and won’t even stand up for his own religious beliefs, those he’s believed in all his life, and even worked as a bishop to a flock that he now denies. They’ve shown themselves to be racists, bigots, ignorant people, who are ruled by fear and hate, deny facts and science, and work against their own interests if it means furthering that hateful agenda. Anyone aligning with that crowd cannot pretend they stand for anything different.

• 166 0388jojothecat
      May 7, 2012 at 7:11 pm

I know…when I hear a caller on the Left radio stations, you can always tell they are NOT REAL Democrats. My elderly mother is against gay marriage but she is also FOR President Obama and will still vote for him after all she knows the GOP will cut her medicare and HUD housing.

37. 167 nintendowii10
    May 7, 2012 at 6:39 pm

P.S. to chips, when I said ALL sides (in regards to our politics), I meant with the teabag right and the firebag left. We’ve seen the ugliness from the right with “Ooh President Obama is a Marxist Muslim,” etc and we had the firebag left last summer whining about how “President Obama is spineless and he caved to the Republicans too much, PRIMARY HIM!” that is what I meant regarding all sides, I guess I should have been more specific…

But no more of the dramatics, as our campaign slogan is, let’s move FORWARD!

May 7, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Question:

Great Answer:

• May 7, 2012 at 6:55 pm

I’m curious to know why he would even ask a question like that?

• 171 lamh35
        May 7, 2012 at 6:57 pm

liberal white privilige (google it)

• 172 theo67
        May 7, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Because they’re like children – needing constant entertainment. They don’t take their jobs seriously.

May 7, 2012 at 6:59 pm

I’m guessing that he’s mighty pizzzed that the OWS trouble for President Obama that he was hoping for didn’t happen.

• 174 joanshaw
          May 7, 2012 at 8:03 pm

I’ve read, from cover to cover, Matt Taibbi’s excellent “Griftopia” about the greed and stupidity that gave us the Bush Depression. He’s an excellent writer, but it appears to me that Taibbi hates everyone. Even President Obama, perhaps because Barack couldn’t clean up Bush’s mess quick enough, or perhaps because Barack couldn’t walk on water, or perhaps because Taibbi was disappointed in his mother, who knows. I still recommend the “Griftopia” — it’s a short course in white collar crimie. I can’t understand why the main characters aren’t in prison.

• 175 utaustinliberal
      May 7, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Exactly. That’s what’s so frustrating. A lot of them earn millions and live comfortable lives so a Romney presidency is no skin off their nose. Incompetent buffoons.

39. 176 lamh35
    May 7, 2012 at 6:58 pm

More profiles in courage from Robmey:

Quote For The Day

“I’m not going to suggest in anyway a psychologist. That’s a decision a psychologist would have to tell ya and I’m not going to weigh in on that,” – Mitt Romney, on whether being gay is a personal “defect”.

40. 177 Liberal Librarian
    May 7, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Ok, I just finished watching this. It’s left me speechless, and a bit amazed at the evil that festers in this world.

41. May 7, 2012 at 7:09 pm

This may be long, but its worth the time to watch. . .

• 179 trinisamba
      May 7, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Yes………………….the entire world needs a lesson in patience. Very touching!!!!!!!!

• 180 joanshaw
        May 7, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Yes, trinisamba, it was deeply touching.

• 181 LDS
          May 8, 2012 at 12:12 am

This is so beautiful. I have a sister who I visit in the Nursing Home. She was vibrant, sexy and full of life. Due to diabetes and other illnesses she is now confined to a wheelchair. When I visit I reminisce those days with her. I do not ever want her to forget as I try not to just to keep he mind active….she smilesp sometimes. Sometimes her eyes are sad. I still tell her how beautiful she looks even if she does not believe it. I do

• 182 daiseymay1
      May 7, 2012 at 8:11 pm

This is so lovely and touching. Also such a respite from the abrasions of politics. Thank you. I will put on my facebook.

• 183 PhillyinJA
      May 7, 2012 at 8:17 pm

OMG something must be wrong with me because this made me cry.

42. 185 LOL
    May 7, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Someone made a really point…….Dick Cheney agreed with gay marriage but Bush didn’t. But did the peanut gallery say anything?

• 186 LDS
      May 8, 2012 at 12:07 am

His daughter is gay. When it is your child you see things differently. Too bad he does not feel the same way sending other people’s sons and daughters off to wars. Sad.

May 7, 2012 at 7:29 pm

HI..just got home from work and have some catching up to do, but thought that you should all see this.

The rub is that Ryan’s budget actually aims to close corporate tax loopholes, but does so to pay for tax breaks for wealthy individuals, not students struggling with loan debt.

Ryan needs to be shown the DOOR!

44. 188 Ladyhawke
    May 7, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I don’t watch CNN, but I can just image that they have dragged out as many former Bush administration officials as possible to opine on the CIA stopping the Yemen bomb threat. My guess is that Fran Townsend to explaining everything right now.

45. 189 criquet
    May 7, 2012 at 7:39 pm

46. 190 proudmemberofglobalzero
    May 7, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I think Tweety is not far from me. Looks like he is on Las Oles Blvd. in Ft. Lauderdale.

47. May 7, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Which is bigger—-500 or 14,000? And why wasn’t there a big media obsession with Willard’s attendance number?

• 192 lisalovesobama
      May 7, 2012 at 7:51 pm

well obviously, 500 is way bigger than 14,000! Else the MediaWhores would have been all over Willard’s low numbers instead of PBO’s.

• 193 yardarm756
      May 7, 2012 at 8:08 pm

It all depends on if it’s above or below the veniculum….:-D

May 7, 2012 at 8:25 pm

dotster3, I want to know what Chuckie Todd has to say, since he had so much to say about President Obama crowd in Ohio.

48. 196 yardarm756
    May 7, 2012 at 7:48 pm

We all try to do our best.

I would like to share an experience with you about drinking and driving.

A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends at the Marriott Hotel and had a few too many beers and some rather nice red wine. Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I’ve never done before: I took a bus home.

Sure enough I passed a police road block but as it was a bus, they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident which was a real surprise, as I had never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got it. :lol: :lol:

49. 203 Linda
    May 7, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Another GOP coward

50. 205 LOL
    May 7, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Must Watch…..I know alot of focus from Romney’s rally, er gathering, er fire drill at Olive Garden that sent everybody outside :) has been on the treasonous comment…but some elderly guy asked Romney why he got 1.5 million dollar tax credits for keeping his money overseas. YOU HAVE TO WATCH Romney’s reaction…this is why he will lose. What an absolute dick. In the words of Sir Charles “You’re going down bro”

51. 207 LOL
    May 7, 2012 at 7:58 pm

From the article dotster posted

When Obama draws 14,000+ it is a failure, but Romney draws 500 it is a great turnout. No wonder Republicans are so bad with our money, they can’t add.

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

52. May 7, 2012 at 8:01 pm

My thoughts on President Obama’s same-sex dilemma:

Evelyn Ellis
    The president may not be comfortable with same sex marriage, but it has not stopped him from supporting the constitutional right for them to be fully protected under the law.
    If he has discomfort, it has not stopped him from standing up for the rights of them and all Americans.
    This is a deeply personal issue, and one with which many people struggle.

The point is, why should he have to evolve if he is already doing what the truly “evolved” would do?

It’s not quite the same, perhaps, but I could care less whether President Lincoln believed I was equal, wanted to live next to me or really wanted me to stay a slave- he could believe whatever he wanted as long as he freed my butt, I could really care less.
    Those who keep carping on this are treading deeply into a man’s soul. He is DOING what he feels is right? Why is that not enough?
    Politically, you would be amazed at a lot of people who he would lose if he came out for gay marriage. They might not vote for Romney, but they would not vote for him either.

Leave the man alone
    6 minutes ago

• May 7, 2012 at 8:28 pm

He may not be comfortable with same sex marriage, but he still should come out in clear support of it. As the gutsy president that he is, he has done a lot of things that he’s not comfortable with over the past three years, and I’m pretty sure that a lot of it he really hated but he still did it. This is Barack Obama, the first AA president, a transformational great man, the face of hope and change and equality for the whole world. He can not be on the wrong side of history here, and I refuse to believe that at this point he’s still against gay marriage. I’m quite sure that this is politics, which I could accept – it’s an election year and nothing is more important than re-elect him – but IMO it’s not even good politics at this point.

• 210 nospin
        May 8, 2012 at 1:04 am

BWD the President should not have to choose between God and politics. Being the first black man elected President to an ungrateful nation doesn’t mean you have to turn your back on your God. I don’t see how you can be informed of all the things President Obama has done in support of the LGBT community in terms of legislative action and all the efforts his administration has made to make progressive strides to level the playing field and do away with discriminatory laws based on sexual orientation and say that THIS President is on the wrong side of history because he supports civil unions but he won’t say he supports gay marriage.

I disagree with you that PO needing to evolve on this issue is based on politics. Many people struggle with this same issue and it is very real. But that does not prevent him from doing the right thing as the President.

• 211 Doreen
      May 7, 2012 at 8:29 pm

You now eve, with all of this recent pressure being put on the President, I’m having this overwhelming feeling that the President is going to come out with a speech like his “race” speech supporting gay marriage. Don’t ask me why, it’s just a feeling I have, especially since the VP and Arne Duncan have shown their support. The President has been very good about having his cabinet stay close to his stance on this and for these remarks to start “trickling” out, makes me believe something is on the horizon.

I feel that when he does make this speech it will be intertwined with race that will make a lot of minorities who are anti-LGBT, due to religion or whatever hangup they have, force them to look inward as how this applies to “civil” rights. He will make this argument not so much to diminish or take away from the civil rights movement that many African Americans feel is “their” history. The GOP thinks they have him on the ropes like they did with Rev. Wright, but we all know how that turned out! Just my two cents because as we all know the President is generally two or more steps ahead of the rest of us!

• May 7, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Doreen, if anybody can make sense of this, he can. I feel he will, since he hasn’t backed away from anything else.

I look forward to hearing his thoughts when he does.

@BWD It may not be good politics in some places, but having seen people leave my denomination because it was recently voted that homosexuals could be ordained, I can assure you that this is extremely fragile ground.

I sense that the republicans know how to drive a wedge; that’s why they have been trying to separate AA’s and gays. Sometimes I believe our side is more idealistically naive than the other side.

For years we thought that things might be getting better for us too ( AA’s, that is) but then PBO was elected. How naive we have been!

I have no doubt that PBO Is thinking hard on this.

• 213 Doreen
          May 7, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Yes, it’s very fragile ground. Most of my AA family are either in the church or have been brought up in the Pentecostal religion. My daughter and I have this argument about homosexuality and rights with our family all the time. Hell, they don’t even accept the couple of lesbian and gay family members we have, let alone same-sex marriage. They believe they can “pray” them straight. I’ve told them that I’ll gladly go to hell than discriminate against or turn my back on the family members who are gay and then since I have such a rebellious nature, I tell them I’m sure they’ll be down there with me. They don’t like that retort! What’s so funny about these “righteous” family members, is they don’t even take their butts to the polls to vote, but always got something to say!

• 214 nospin
        May 8, 2012 at 12:51 am

Doreen – he doesn’t need to make a speech on gay rights. He created legislation banning discrimination against people just because of their sexual orientation. He repealed DOMA and DADT. His administration is squarely behind protecting the rights of All Americans including the LGBT community, and he supports Civil Unions.

That has nothing to do with personal religious beliefs. One stance is based on Constitutional laws and the other is based religion. Two different things.

• 215 nospin
          May 8, 2012 at 1:07 am

correction repealed DADT and found DOMA unconstitutional and the DOJ is no longer defending it in courts.

• 216 Doreen
            May 8, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I agree with everything you said above, but he may just do it to shut up all the squawking from the media, right wing, firebaggers, etc. He shouldn’t have to since his record should stand for itself, but as we see nothing else is being discussed but this, just as the case was with Rev. Wright. Also, to clarify what I said in my initial post, I didn’t say that he should do a speech, I just said I have a feeling that he will.

• 217 nospin
          May 8, 2012 at 1:07 am

one more correction — signed legislation.

• 218 EDP4BHO
      May 7, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Such a brave soul you are to take on this matter, as you are clearly outnumbered on this blog, eveingeorgia. But I’m with you. Never ask a person to compromise personal, spiritual beliefs if one is not willing to do the same. Not everything about the man is politics. If that were the case, he’d be no better than any other pol in DC. He is a unique soul. Yes, leave the man alone, and accept him for who he is, not what we want him to be. We voted for him knowing all of his beliefs. I’m committed.

• 219 nospin
      May 8, 2012 at 12:45 am

I am with you on that eveingeorgia.

53. May 7, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Published: May 7, 2012
    FACEBOOK
    TWITTER
    GOOGLE+
    REPRINTS

After months on the sidelines, major liberal donors including the financier George Soros are preparing to inject up to $100 million into independent groups to aid Democrats’ chances this fall. But instead of going head to head with the conservative “super PACs” and outside groups that have flooded the presidential and congressional campaigns with negative advertising, the donors are focusing on grass-roots organizing, voter registration and Democratic turnout.

It’s about time! And music to my Ears!

• 221 Liberal Librarian
      May 7, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Boots on the ground! That’s how we’ll win.

• 222 collegekay
      May 7, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Fuck yes!

• 223 LOL
      May 7, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Where it matters.. If Rove is/was Bush’s brain, well that doesn’t say much for Bush’s brain. You can’t run infomercials on a known entity. That’s like Pepsi running commercial saying Coke tastes like tarter sauce. You can’t run commercials on how bad PBO is when your son is back from Iraq, your stock portfolio looks alot better than it did three years ago, your cousin added a second shift at the GM plant, your daughter was able to refinance her mortgage thanks to the admin’s mortgage rescue plan and your wife was able to get health insurance although she had a pre existing condition.

May 7, 2012 at 8:17 pm

NICE! Thanks, jovie:)

• 226 donna dem 4 obama
      May 7, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Heck yeah. That’s what I’m talkin about. Boots on the ground!!!

• 227 mtmarilyn
      May 7, 2012 at 8:39 pm

And music to my ears!!! Thanks for the report!

May 7, 2012 at 9:02 pm

‘major liberal donors including the financier George Soros are preparing to inject up to $100 million into independent groups …
      the donors are focusing on grass-roots organizing, voter registration and Democratic turnout.’

Wonder if this means SOME of this money will go to one or two people who are in need of a job and got hired by the campaign/whatever instead of to networks or overpaid ad houses? Keeping the networks hands off this money is such a creative step!

54. 229 yardarm756
    May 7, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Standby everyone. Maxine Waters is gonna be on Big Ed tonight……I hope she can find her house shoes and wig. :lol:

• 230 Ladyhawke
      May 7, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Yardam, I’m just glad I wasn’t drinking any liquids when I saw your comment. Hollering. Let’s hope that Troubled Waters can find it in herself to fully support President Obama on tis Romney debacle.

• 231 Doreen
      May 7, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Dang, where did she come from? She’s been in hiding for awhile.

• 232 Ladyhawke
      May 7, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Ed Schultz thinks he is President Obama’s campaign manager. He does this all the time. Second guessing and telling the administration what they should be doing. Now he is wringing his hands about OFA not sending out surrogates to address this nonsense with Romney today. He’s trying to get Maxine Waters to weigh in on it too. They put out a statement. Everybody is talking about it. Romney’s getting hammered. Ed can be so annoying. Sheesh ……

• 233 0388jojothecat
      May 7, 2012 at 8:20 pm

:) you crack me up…..looks like she found her wig, can’t tell if she found her house shoes. lawd did she support the President?

• 235 isonprize
      May 7, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Yardarm, you KNOW you are wrong for this. JUST WRONG!! :lol: :lol:

55. 238 lamh35
    May 7, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Oh and just to continue last night’s Nerd-gasm from last night Avengers final tally after all sales done was actually 7.1 million dollars more than projected. The original projection was 200.3 million weekend, but the actual tally was 207.4 million.

Box office update: ‘The Avengers’ opens even bigger than previously thought, with $207.4 mil

• 239 Liberal Librarian
      May 7, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Ok, I will join in your geek-dom when “Prometheus” comes out. I am SO going to that!

May 7, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Holy shit! The view outside my window is insane. Severe thunderstorms, winds, rain, lightning, etc. It looks like the end of the world. Sheesh….Damn you Mayans!

57. 243 Cha
    May 7, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Those big ugly elephants you have up top, Chips, remind me arrianna huffypuffy and her best Elmer Fudd impression of DES-PIC-ABLE!

58. May 7, 2012 at 8:44 pm

This is a good source for advice on how to talk to evangelical people who disagree with Democrats. As always, it’s about finding common ground and expressing it in terms the other person can hear. Very well done.

59. May 7, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Anybody here into T.S. Elliott? I guess PBO was in his college days. The guy is scary smart. http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id=16273594

60. 247 kasai
    May 7, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Good Evening Tods:-)

French president-elect Hollande: I won’t be ‘difficult’ for Obama

Hollande said he saw potential areas of agreement with Obama on economic issues and praised the American president for charting a different
    foreign-policy course than his predecessor.

“I will therefore assert France’s independence without making things difficult for Barack Obama,” said the new French leader.