May

Rise and Shine

OFA

10:20 AM: PBO departs the W.H.

11:45 AM: Arrives in Albany, New York.

12:10 PM: Tours the SUNY Albany Nano-Tech Complex.

1:25 PM: Delivers remarks on the economy.

2:15 PM: Departs Albany.

3:40 PM: Arrives at the W.H.

5:55 PM: Speaks at the Asian Pacific American Institute for Congressional Studies gala dinner.

OFA

Morning everyone ;-)

53 Responses to “Rise and Shine”

1. 8 Pamela
    May 8, 2012 at 8:49 am

Me, again.

• 9 Proud Former White House Intern
      May 8, 2012 at 8:49 am

Kudos

May 8, 2012 at 8:50 am

You’re on a roll Pamela. Congrats again on #1!

Good morning Chips, TOD, lurkers and everyone else!

• 11 Pamela
        May 8, 2012 at 8:52 am

Rollin’, rollin’ rollin’, keep them doggies rollin’….name that theme song!

• 12 sherijr
          May 8, 2012 at 9:18 am

RawHiddddde ! ;) Morning everyone ~

• 13 Pamela
            May 8, 2012 at 9:22 am

Right on, you win! How’s the move developing? Thinking of you… :)

• 14 sherijr
              May 8, 2012 at 9:25 am

thanks~ eh.. yesterday was a downer.. the house I had my eye on turns out to have been sold.. and at this point am waiting on the guy who wants to buy my house.. but obviously can’t leave here w/o a home to go to in MD. My biggest issue is just coming across so many folks here and there who seem to be unwilling uninterested in just being helpful/informative. Todays a new day though.. so I’m smiling :)

• 15 Betsy
                May 8, 2012 at 9:32 am

Everything happens for a reason, so something perfect will turn up soon, you’ll see. Good luck.

• 17 carolyn
                May 8, 2012 at 9:36 am

Moving is an upsetting event when it works well! I will be praying and thinking of you today in this endeavor. I know there is another house for you in MD…..and it will be better, I believe that. Could you rent for six months, or is that what you’re planning? Each time we have oved, fortunately, not too many, I have lain awake nights trying to figure things out, but then, they work out somehow. I’ll also pray for someone helpful to come into your life in ND. I know how you want to be in MD close to your family. Please keep us posted and know there is a woman in Oklahoma caring about you.

• 18 sherijr
                  May 8, 2012 at 9:41 am

Oh Carolyn what a lovely thoughtful comment, your prayers are very welcome :) I’m closer now than I’ve been in 8 yrs- in getting this move on.. so I am keeping things positive. Unfortunately renting would not be an option as I have a large dog, 3 cats and a son ;) And money is very tight.. my house is old and though I’m making $$ off it because of the oil boom.. it is still not going for big $$. Thus I’m looking at ‘fixer uppers’ in MD.. in as safe an area as possible. I do believe things will come together.

2. 19 Proud Former White House Intern
    May 8, 2012 at 8:49 am

GM!

• 20 Pamela
      May 8, 2012 at 8:51 am

G’day, proud, g’day Chips, and all my dear dear TODObots, was reading the excellent commentary from Crikey!

May 8, 2012 at 8:50 am

Love that poster. Morning!

4. 22 magapie
    May 8, 2012 at 8:52 am

Damn, was like your own private blog for a while? Way to go! (but I guess that WOULD get kinda boring ……..eventually.)

5. 24 Hachikō
    May 8, 2012 at 8:52 am

Good morning! I hope everyone is doing well.

I’ve been out of the loop since Saturday, so could someone tell me who in the MSM has been saying POTUS spoke to a half-empty stadium in Ohio? I believe the root of so many of the problems we face today is because of the failure of our media to do its job. It’s time we hold them accountable. There must’ve been dozens of reporters at that event in OH. Why haven’t any of them come forward to squash this lie about the event size?

• 25 Pamela
      May 8, 2012 at 8:54 am

G’day , you ask a loaded question…

• 27 jackiegrumbacher
      May 8, 2012 at 9:00 am

How are you doing Hachiko. Has weather in Maine warmed up yet. Are you and Tucker well?

• 28 Hachikō
        May 8, 2012 at 9:04 am

Hi Jackie. Yes, finally! Not that I minded the cold. My problem was the rain. When it rains here, it rains…all day. :( Then the mosquitoes and black flies come out and being outside is no fun. The last few days were lovely, though. Got to enjoy the sunshine and visited Portland. :-)

Tucker is doing very well. He’s really thriving here, and that makes me happy.

We won’t be able to stay much longer. LunarSea’s daughters are coming in a week or so, and she’ll need the room. I have to figure out where I’ll go from here.

I’m going to a job fair on Wednesday. Wish me luck! :-)

• May 8, 2012 at 9:27 am

It was Chuck Todd!

6. 39 Suzette
    May 8, 2012 at 8:53 am

Good morning all.
    Love those posters – these are some really powerful words to live by.

7. 40 collegekay
    May 8, 2012 at 8:57 am

Good morning.

8. May 8, 2012 at 8:59 am

GM Chipsticks. GM TOD. :)

9. 42 Cheryllou
    May 8, 2012 at 9:05 am

Good morning everyone.

10. May 8, 2012 at 9:14 am
  11. 45 eyecandi
    May 8, 2012 at 9:20 am

Hi everyone. I visit here at least ten time a day. I will comment once in a while.. I am from the Bahamas, we had our election on Monday.

The opposition won in a landslide to my dismay. We had a great Prime Minister.. honest and hard working. He took us out of the mess made

by the opposition five years ago. The opposition (PLP) is very corrupt but despite this was voted in again. The media played a big part in this.

Please continue calling out the media in the USA… people are very gullible and they forget very quickly who caused the mess .

Its too late for me in the Bahamas but you still have a chance to keep a great man as your leader.

• 46 sherijr
      May 8, 2012 at 9:36 am

Oh I’m so sorry eyecandi, how very disappointing.. I am hoping this country does not fail itself and elect another republican. I don’t think we’d survive it.

• 47 Janelle
      May 8, 2012 at 9:43 am

Thanks for your perspective and reminder for all of us. I think back to watching the WHCD and seeing Chuck Todd laughing it up with Eric Cantor. They send out tweets and act as strategists for the Romney campaign for a reason—-to get everyone tied up in knots, and second guessing the President in one of the most crucial elections of our lifetime and then have talk radio and TV talking about anything except Romney’s lies. If we do not stay focused, it will be disasterous. PBO proved to me years ago what he is made of, so I’m not easily swayed by the media cycle everyday. I came out of blog hibernation because we are 6 months away, and the tone should be focused and determined—-not being swayed every minute on hot button issues that the President has already been vocal and consistent on. Bottom line, the pundits laugh at this, at how they can manipulate some of us for ratings and to sway elections for their corporate masters. They ruminate on this in their cocktail parties and press rooms. They don’t think much of the viewers who watch them….let’s not play into this each and everytime. The media is trying to play PBO supporters because they are truly scared of this large big tent. And let’s not forget, this blog is read by MILLIONS…..Chips is the best. Don’t think for a minute that Tapper, Todd, Yellin, Henry, etc. are not reading how they can make one statement, and have PBO supporters questioning him and doubting him—-thus all eyes off Romney. I promise you the pundits and “reporters” are monitoring online activity to see where they can inflict the most damage. Stay focused.

12. May 8, 2012 at 9:21 am

Is that # trending yet?

13. May 8, 2012 at 9:29 am

Woodhouse is killin it!

14. May 8, 2012 at 9:33 am

Student loan interest rates, being debated in the Senate today.