May

Pete Souza: Pure Magic

President Barack Obama jokes with Vice President Joe Biden backstage before the STOCK Act signing event in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building South Court Auditorium, April 4

President Obama and Jimmy Fallon laugh while being briefed on the “Slow Jam the News” segment backstage before taping “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” at the University of North Carolina Memorial Hall in Chapel Hill, N.C., April 24

President Obama strikes the Heisman pose after accepting a football from quarterback Tim Jefferson, left, during the Commander-in-Chief Trophy presentation to the United States Air Force Academy football team in the East Room of the White House, April 23

President Obama stops to view the moon and Venus before boarding Marine One in Boulder, Colo., April 24

President Obama delivers remarks on student loan interest rates, at the University of Iowa Field House, Iowa City, Iowa, April 25

President Obama greets cast members from ABC’s sitcom “Modern Family”, including Julie Bowen, center, and Sofia Vergara, right, in the Oval Office, Saturday, April 28. The group was in town to attend the White House Correspondents’ Dinner

President Obama jokes with Vice President Biden and Senior Advisor David Plouffe in the Outer Oval Office, April 26

President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama host a Passover Seder Dinner for family, staff and friends, in the Old Family Dining Room of the White House, April 6

President Obama greets participants after a Land Titling event at the Plaza de San Pedro, Cartagena, Colombia, April 15

President Obama takes in the view outside the Julio César Turbay Ayala Convention Center during the Summit of The Americas in Cartagena, Colombia, April 14

President Obama meets with President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner of Argentina during the Summit of the Americas in Cartagena, Colombia, April 14

President Obama does push-ups on the White House Basketball Court after a member of the Harlem Globetrotters made a shot, April 9. The President participated in “Shoot for Strength”, a game where children did push-ups for every basketball shot made by the pros, during the 2012 White House Easter Egg Roll festivities

President Obama greets the Zion Baptist Church Children’s Choir before the Easter Prayer Breakfast, in the Blue Room of the White House, April 4

Audience members embrace President Obama after he spoke at the Port of Tampa in Tampa, Fla., April 13

All Official White House Photos by Pete Souza

More photos here

188 Responses to “Pete Souza: Pure Magic”

• 2 amk for obama
      May 10, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Ha

• 3 nospin
        May 10, 2012 at 1:27 pm

amk I hesitated for a few seconds before posting thinking I did not deserve the honor of being first on TOD because of the inner demons that I wrestled with for the last few hours. Then I figured . . . . Forget that.

I soooo deserve to be Number 1. We all have our bad days and then we move on.

Upward and onward to November. Here is to equality for all.

Obama/Biden 2012

• 5 nospin
            May 10, 2012 at 1:37 pm

This community helped me to regain my center .

Love this place.

The Obama Diary — changing hearts and minds one post and pic at a time. You do good work Chica.

• 6 taiping1
              May 10, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Love you nospin and congrats on first. If we can support one another and reelect our President we will have accomplished much. Just think how
              Much better our country would be if we all practiced the Golden Rule!

• 7 amk for obama
          May 10, 2012 at 1:46 pm

You are it. Enjoy the moment.

• 8 whatisworking
      May 10, 2012 at 1:33 pm

You should has wrestled a bit longer, I was right behind you and feeling quite virtuous. :->

Congrats on first……

• 9 nospin
        May 10, 2012 at 1:39 pm

lololololol never that WIW. Just not comfortable in having to choose between faith and being just. Then realized I didn’t have to choose.

I can do both.

• 10 nospin
          May 10, 2012 at 1:43 pm

It really WAS the right thing to do.

• May 10, 2012 at 3:19 pm

@no spin

Hi, I’m just checking the posts from last night. Thank you for responding. It meant a lot to hear from you. As I said I have struggled with this issue too.

President Obama has brought this boil to a head, and my clarity came when I realized that what we are dealing with are rights under the law, constitutional law. Whether I believe in same-sex marriage has nothing to do with what the constitution provides for each of the nation’s citizens.

This is why the separation of church and state is so important. When we start blurring the two, we end up with slavery, justified on biblical grounds and the denial of basic human rights as defined under the constitution.

President Obama is not attacking our faith and our beliefs, he is upholding the law.

As you rightly noted, “Render unto Caesar….”

Obama/Biden 2012

• 12 utaustinliberal
        May 10, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Hahahaha…..

1. 13 whatisworking
    May 10, 2012 at 1:20 pm

More goodness for the dynamic dou

President Obama, Michelle Obama Receive Highest Award In Homeless Veteran Advocacy

2. 14 whatisworking
    May 10, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Good Morning TOD family

So proud of our President, and proud of all who have applauded his decision.

I love these lines in Steve Benen’s blog –

“The Obama campaign seems more than comfortable with this, and released this video earlier today, using this issue to reinforce the “forward vs. backward” theme.

If the president’s campaign team is nervous about the political risks associated with embracing marriage equality, they’re hiding it well.”

IMHO – we will not loose this election because of super pac $$, lies from Romney, or the economy. We will loose if we allow fear to quiet our voices and paralyze our actions.

So lets use this blog to support each other, and grow more fearless day by day.

3. May 10, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Heads up everyone:

1:45 PM: First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden host a Joining Forces event to recognize military moms with three generations of military families.

4. 16 whatisworking
    May 10, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Good Economic News

Wages Bolster Spending as Americans Extend Hours:

5. 19 Liberal Librarian
    May 10, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Ok, who’s the young man in between Malia and Sasha. A… BOYFRIEND… perhaps?

• 20 theo67
      May 10, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I think it’s their cousin – Michelle’s brother’s son. Do you honestly think a boyfriend would make an appearance in the White House and wouldn’t be sitting next to two SS agents and some in front and behind? :)

May 10, 2012 at 1:37 pm

That’s their cousin (Michelle’s nephew) :)

May 10, 2012 at 1:39 pm

LL, Malia is 13, hell no that is not a boyfriend. You know POTUS would have the men with guns standing behind that guy if he was a boyfriend. I have a feeling there will be no boyfriend till around 16

May 10, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Actually I read somewhere that she does have a bf who visits the WH. I cannot verify the accuracy of the report.

May 10, 2012 at 1:54 pm

At 13, come on you are kidding.

May 10, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Call me old fashion, but 13 is to young to be having a boyfriend. if it’s true.

• May 10, 2012 at 2:21 pm

What??? I was on my 10th or 20th “true love” by 13. I think it started with a valentine in 2nd grade with lots of X’s on it, a sure sign of undying love and devotion. And my parents were always happy to have boyfriends visit—-my dad even put up a bball net on the garage, picked up some used pinball games for the basement.

• 32 peti4-44
              May 10, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Maybe a girlfriend ;-)… I only start getting a feeling, what this announcement of PBO means. How many people are struggling. So that makes it even more remarkable!! What a great decision of the greatest President ..

May 10, 2012 at 2:18 pm

It most likely is just a friend at school who happens to be male. The media loves to gossip and exaggerate, anything “Obama.”

• 34 Pamela
          May 10, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Even if there is, I surely hope they keep the young chap out of the public eye as long as possible… Pretty sure they don’t need to hear that from me!

• 35 Liberal Librarian
        May 10, 2012 at 1:42 pm

God, I keep forgetting she’s a tween. She’s looks like such a mature young lady.

• 37 57andfemale
        May 10, 2012 at 2:29 pm

My 13 year old goddaughter comes to talk to me about this stuff. “Auntie Faith, we’re just hanging out, just talking but dad freaks out.” Her father would lock her up until she’s 30 if he could.

6. 38 Liberal Librarian
    May 10, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Chips, UT, this one’s for you. I couldn’t stop laughing.

DT Exclusive: The Blackburn Chicken conducts Steve Kean’s season-end performance review.

7. 39 whatisworking
    May 10, 2012 at 1:32 pm

More goodies

Home Prices Rise in Half of U.S. Cities as Markets Stabilize

• 40 sherijr
      May 10, 2012 at 1:56 pm

I can attest to that, I’ve been looking at houses in MD for close to 5 years.. and the prices are not only going up, but houses are selling much faster.. same here in ND.

• 41 57andfemale
      May 10, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Yea!

8. May 10, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Those are sone fantastic pictures!

9. 45 whatisworking
    May 10, 2012 at 1:38 pm

More CC stories

ALEC Teeters as Boycott Success Forces Members to Flee

DOD to move 9,000 Marines from Okinawa to Guam By Agence France-Presse Friday, April 27, 2012 3:19 EDT

Video Overnight Thread- Robot Wheelchairs For Babies

10. 46 whatisworking
    May 10, 2012 at 1:39 pm

This is good news

Transparency Victory: Feds Will Require Broadcasters To Post Political Ad Info Online

Is this what Bill Moyers was doing on his own, if so good for him….

May 10, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I just LOVE me some VP Biden! I can’t imagine this administration without him!!!!

• 48 daisydem
      May 10, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Me either hopefruit2. But I just have one question, are Barack Obama and Joe Biden twins … maybe separated at birth through some quirky happening as they just have too much fun, too much affection, and too much camaraderie to just be President and VP! It is wonderful to see pictures of them together!!

May 10, 2012 at 2:15 pm

They have come to trust and love each other like father and son. That’s the genuine, rock-solid bond they have that can’t be eroded. It’s one of the pillars of this administration that I think to some degree is intimidating to the MSM and GOP.

12. 52 anniebella
    May 10, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Such respect between POTUS and VP Biden, love that first picture.

13. May 10, 2012 at 1:43 pm

WASHINGTON, DC – Commerce Secretary John Bryson and Interior Secretary Ken Salazar today announced the Administration’s National Tourism and Travel Strategy – delivering on President Obama’s call in January for a national strategy to promote domestic and international travel opportunities throughout the United States.

The National Strategy is a blueprint for expanding travel to and within the U.S., laying out concrete steps to be taken in five key areas. It sets out a goal of increasing American jobs by attracting and welcoming 100 million international visitors annually by the end of 2021, more than a 50 percent increase over the number expected this year. These international visitors would spend an estimated $250 billion per year, creating jobs and spurring economic growth in communities across the country.

“Tens of millions of tourists from all over the world come and visit America every year. They stay in our hotels, they eat at our restaurants, they visit our attractions, and they help create jobs. At a time when too many Americans are still looking for work, we need to make it easier for more people to visit this country and keep our economy growing,” said President Obama.

“This Administration will continue to do everything we can to support travel and tourism – our number one services export – which will help support millions of American jobs,” Secretary Bryson said. “I am proud of our work on the National Strategy, a product of a strong private-public partnership, which will make the U.S. even more welcoming to visitors and reinforce our message to the world: the United States is open for business.”

14. 55 Tally
    May 10, 2012 at 1:47 pm

So I was thinking…… considering POTUS is the Jedi Chess Master at timing and everything, he must have some more awesomeness he will be pulling out of his Campaign Deck to throw down on the Election Poker Table……. like he has in the past with:

– BOOM Bin laden
    – BOOM 86ing DODT
    – BOOM the endless list….. you get what I’m saying

…. and just running through my head as to what some major awesomeness might be.

I went to justice.gov and searched for “banking”, and hit all kinds of treasure…… :D :D :D

• 56 theo67
      May 10, 2012 at 1:55 pm

…Rubbing my hands in gleeful anticipation! Maybe our sanity WILL survive this election campaign, after all! :)

15. May 10, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Look at Jimmy Fallon’s face, he is so happy!

• 58 theo67
      May 10, 2012 at 1:57 pm

He looked deliriously happy in all the pictures. There’s one picture where he’s just gazing at President Obama’s face with a rapturous smile on his own face. I’d be far less pulled together…

16. 59 Tally
    May 10, 2012 at 1:50 pm

• 60 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
      May 10, 2012 at 3:37 pm

So, Tally, his comment of ‘if some want to talk about high school, be my guest’ was yet another goof by the goofball-in-chief Romney because he was consciously conducting his hateful stunts at an age when he had no reasonable basis to claim he was too young to know what he was doing. Very different from a child being fed a particular type of food – consistent with a particular cultures practices – by his step father – a topic Romney, Rove et al., tried to make an issue.

This guy is mean. How he made all his money is based on a very mean-spirited approach to business. In fact, ‘corporations are people, my friend’ is utterly mean-spirited because it debases humanity, for starters. And, we know all the other incidents, throughout his adult life, that are mean-spirited.

If you want a cold, truly mean person as President, then this guy is perfect.

If most Americans focused on just what type of person he is – with piles of evidence available – I think most Americans would reject him because most Americans, at their core, are not mean.

#PRESSON

May 10, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I envy this man for making the people around him always laugh heartily.

18. May 10, 2012 at 1:52 pm

SHEER GENIUS. Love, love, love all of these incredible photos. Just an amazing array of gorgeousity SQUARED, to infinity. And beyond. I’m a puddle of giddy love.

19. 63 auni
    May 10, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Loved the pictures. I want my face to reflect the look on President Obama’s. Too often I am gripped with worry about the future of the country if the rethugs get more power. I forget to enjoy the progress that is happening with this president in charge. Dispite the battles, we know he is wanting what is right for this country and I need to spend time just being happy about it.

20. 64 Tally
    May 10, 2012 at 1:54 pm

21. May 10, 2012 at 1:56 pm

NASA is having a press briefing on DAWN spacecraft!
    These are always interesting… Do you have the NASA channel?

22. 67 PoliticalJunkessa
    May 10, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I hope Pete Souza gets some type of medal for all his work. He is talented beyond measure. That little girl from the Mt. Zion children’s choir is a-dor-a-ble! I just love her dress and hair. And look at Malia! Wow. I’m so grateful we get to see these lovely images.

May 10, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Am I going to be disappointed again. Last night I was looking forward to the award program last night at the WH, and now I am waiting for the Joining Forces Honors Military Moms and no show so far. Come on now.

• 69 utaustinliberal
      May 10, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Me too PJ. If not an award, at least some high recognition. He’s so masterful at getting the right shot. Catching every moment be it somber, vibrant, playful, awe inspiring etc. He’s the best.

23. 70 Tally
    May 10, 2012 at 1:59 pm

ok…. here we go – Twitter peeps – who do you want to do this? When something hateful and in accurate appears – should we mobilize?

• 71 aristac
      May 10, 2012 at 2:02 pm

be careful what you are asking

• 73 theo67
      May 10, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Absolutely – I love that we can retweet directly from TOD. I don’t get a chance to get on twitter too much during the day, but when I check in here, I can quickly send something out when twitter’s all buzzing. I’m in!

24. 74 theo67
    May 10, 2012 at 2:00 pm

It must be a little weird for President Obama to walk into room after room and find HUGE pictures of you all over the walls. I hope it helps him to live in the moment when things get hectic and take a few minutes each day to recognize the impact he’s having on countless lives. He’s living history – literally.

25. 75 whatisworking
    May 10, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Signs of progress are everywhere

Boulder Votes to Free Its Electric Company

26. 76 Pamela
    May 10, 2012 at 2:02 pm

The facial expression on that lady on PBO’s left, the one under his arm! Hysterical! I think I can imagine how she must feel, like bursting! What Ho! Is that AF1 I see over the city skyline, which I just happen to be looking at as I type? The event tonight is only a few blocks from where I work. Traffic revisions in progress…. I am so excited! Oh, and listen to this: just before Easter, remember this? The pastor of the Cathedral here went up against the archbishop and refused to allow petitions agains gay marriage to be flogged off on people comng to Mass that weekend. I understand today, from a friend of mine who is involved with the Cathedral, PBO invited some of the priests from the Seattle parish to the events today! And they are SO pleased and excited to be going! FORWARD, indeed, let’s get going! :) :) :)

• 77 theo67
      May 10, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Brilliant – I’m hoping to catch a glimpse of AF1 or the helicopters from home tonight here in LA. They usually fly right over my balcony and I wave. They’re pretty loud – hard to miss.

• 78 Liberal Librarian
      May 10, 2012 at 2:16 pm

“What Ho!” :lol: I haven’t heard that phrase since my days watching B-movies set in Merrie Olde England!

• 79 Dakota
        May 10, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Would you happen to be a fan of the St. Trinian’s movies, circa 1950’s early 1960’s?

27. May 10, 2012 at 2:03 pm

always good pics from Pete

28. 81 theo67
    May 10, 2012 at 2:07 pm

I love that this President takes time out to enjoy the view, the moon, other people and their laughter. Probably keeps him sane.

29. May 10, 2012 at 2:10 pm

We are not alone.

• 83 PoliticalJunkessa
      May 10, 2012 at 2:13 pm

DAMN! :mrgreen:

It’s all coming together now…..eggggccccellllent!

• 85 theo67
      May 10, 2012 at 2:49 pm

I’m glad to hear this. Yesterday, every time I tuned in to NPR, they were singing Romney’s praises. I caught the tail end of some story about Romney helping some girl to reunite with her parents (or something) and a person came on saying how Romney is a caring, sensitive fellow who’s getting a bad rap. That’s he’s the most genuine and competent guy he knows – and I immediately thought that the caliber of people this guy knows can’t be that great.

I know the media is trying to say the Seamus stuff means nothing so long after the event, but it gives us the measure of the man. And everything he’s done since then completes the picture. He is a jerk – no doubt about it. And the fact that he lies so smoothly and easily means he’s empty inside, too. He can’t like himself very much.

30. 86 Liberal Librarian
    May 10, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Ok, with all the stuff that’s coming out about Romney today, can we say that this was another political master class given by PBO?

• 87 Tally
      May 10, 2012 at 2:26 pm

BIG TIME.

• 88 Liberal Librarian
        May 10, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I’ve said this many times before, but it just amazes me how much people still underestimate PBO. They don’t realize that he IS the Road Runner, and will make them go off a cliff every single damned time.

• 89 Mel
      May 10, 2012 at 2:30 pm

LL your piece at TPV was sooo excellent amazing Thank you man. I bet you must do MAMBO quite well He.HE
      I used to listen to Perez Prado.

• May 10, 2012 at 2:43 pm

I ‘m not sure about that. This is all on Romney nothing really that the President did. We all can’t be lucky enough to run against a pathological lying nutjob.

• 92 Liberal Librarian
        May 10, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Well, to paraphrase “Star Trek: The Next Generation”: Fortune favors fools, children, and presidents named Barack Hussein Obama.

31. 93 Tally
    May 10, 2012 at 2:18 pm

32. 94 Tally
    May 10, 2012 at 2:20 pm

ok – here is the best yet: everyone RT your faces off!

33. 95 Tally
    May 10, 2012 at 2:25 pm

May 10, 2012 at 2:25 pm

• 99 Pam S. in WV
      May 10, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Yes, #becauseofobama is trending on Twitter. People are posting all the great things POTUS has done, like saving the auto industry, health care, equal pay, etc. It’s great to read the tweets.

35. May 10, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Thought this was interesting about our sick Congress

May 10, 2012 at 2:32 pm

37. May 10, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Ok, so that last picture with the older lady hugging PBO with such gusto, almost knocking her glasses off her face. Then
    the other lady tucked under his arm with the biggest grin on her face, while someone else’s arm is slung around his shoulder.
    That to me is how you spell LOVE! This picture brought me to tears. I love this man.

38. May 10, 2012 at 2:40 pm

That Willard was such a riot! Real wild and crazy! See he said to another gay student, “Atta girl” and held a door closed so a sight-impaired teacher walked into it. So funny!
    Looks like Willard Mitt has always been a bully and without empathy.

39. May 10, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Just have to bring this here again today:

Kids describe President Obama

• 114 theo67
      May 10, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Ok – I just watched that four times in a row, and I plan to go back and watch it a few more times. I’d forgotten about this, and it needs to make the rounds again.

This is the kind of effect one would hope a role model to have on kids. These are the qualities to emulate. This is a real leader. And the other striking thing is that these kids are diverse. They represent society. They’ve been taught to think and observe and value good things. The video is just touching and it stirs my heart. Thanks for bringing it back.

• 115 Ladyhawke
      May 10, 2012 at 3:13 pm

thank you meta for this little jewel. The flood gates have opened. Somebody get me a tissue. Too sweet.

May 10, 2012 at 2:50 pm

May 10, 2012 at 2:52 pm

• 118 jackiegrumbacher
      May 10, 2012 at 2:55 pm

How do you spell bigot? ROMNEY. No wonder the guy didn’t run again as governor and left MA in a hurry. Mass voters must have had a collective brain fever when this guy got elected.

• 119 amk for obama
        May 10, 2012 at 2:59 pm

And they had a collective relapse in 2010. Replacing a Kennedy with mittbot mini ? WTF were they thinking?

• 120 utaustinliberal
      May 10, 2012 at 3:08 pm

How bigoted and sick is this animal? He’s not human. He’s an animal.

42. 121 a4alice
    May 10, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Hey DF you probably already listed this:

Obama administration sues americas toughest sheriff (hint hint – starts with an “A”)

43. 122 Linda
    May 10, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Ryan’s budget just passed 218 to 199 with zero Dem votes and 16 no votes from Republicans.

• 123 theo67
      May 10, 2012 at 3:04 pm

The thing people need to understand is that these Republicans were voted into office. They aren’t some interlopers who snuck in saying one thing, and are now doing something else (except for Scott Walker). This is what they promised to deliver to the American people – a disastrous and bleak future, with a government that prioritizes corporate wealth and help for millionaires and billionaires, and nothing for the people. They were pretty clear, after doing nothing to help recover the economy, that they planned to obstruct the President – and they were voted in to office in 2010 anyway. And their candidates have spent several months parading the worst elements of society on the national stage with ignorant pride, promising to do even worse stuff. Romney currently has 40%+ of the vote – if the polls are to be believed (pun intended).

if people don’t like what the GOP are doing, then the people have the power to change it. The GOP were voted in. They can be voted out.

• May 10, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Governors like Christie did say one thing to get elected and changed after. He wrote an open letter to teachers before the election telling them not to worry about pensions and bargaining rights. After, he attacked teachers with a vengeance. That is one example. He was for the tunnel to NYC and then pulled the plug as another. He’s a repub and they lie. It’s in the DNA

• 125 theo67
          May 10, 2012 at 5:44 pm

By the time Christie and Scott Walker got elected, people knew what the Republicans stood for and what their agendas were. The same could be said about Democrats dumping Rep. Meeks (a dedicated Democrat with a history of voting with Dems) for Gov Christ, who was refusing to even commit to caucus with the Democrats, and would have been a Blue Dog – at best. People’s eyes are open. They know what these Republicans are about now. And if these Republicans retain the House or gain the Senate or the White House, then people really won’t have any grounds for complaints.

• May 10, 2012 at 9:19 pm

That’s not true. A review of the run-up to the 2010 election in Wisconsin would provide sufficient evidence. They both lied. Over and over again. And the propaganda was the best the Koch brothers could afford.

• May 10, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Isn’t this like the 3rd or 4th time this budget has passed in the House? Did I miss something.

• 129 amk for obama
      May 10, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Well, at least there are 16 sane repubs (at least on this matter) . Their doubling down is amazing as well as worrying. Where are they seeing the upside of this ratfucking ?

44. 130 Tally
    May 10, 2012 at 2:57 pm

45. 131 57andfemale
    May 10, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I only link to dKos when someone’s done really good work. These numbers should quell some fears:

May 10, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Poor Mark haz a sad!!

47. May 10, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Great pics! You can’t hide real love.

48. May 10, 2012 at 3:03 pm

‘Renegade’ has landed on the west coast. Martin Bashir shows him in front of AF1. Martin also leads off with Mipps criminal assault on a fellow high school classmate. BTW, another gay person said that Mikks would say, ‘atta girl’ to him.

May 10, 2012 at 3:03 pm

50. 143 57andfemale
    May 10, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Matt Taibbi is the reason we’re in this mess: “Most Boring Election Ever?” (Matt Taibbi combines OWS ignorance with E! superficial punditry)+

51. May 10, 2012 at 3:06 pm

The Romney campaign has approached one of Mitt Romney’s closest high school friends and asked him to give “supporting remarks” about Romney after a Washington Post story detailed a bullying incident from Romney’s time at the Cranbrook School, reports ABC News.

52. May 10, 2012 at 3:10 pm

It’s getting harder and harder for Micheal Steele to defend Missed.

May 10, 2012 at 3:11 pm

54. May 10, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Did you know that the Secret Service code name for Mitt is Javelin? They named it after an American Motors car. It was a very unusual car, a muscle car that competed with the Ford Mustang and was manufactured by American Motors Corporation, which Romney’s father led before being elected governor of Michigan. There are still Mustangs on the streets today, the Javelin? Not too many.

• 153 57andfemale
      May 10, 2012 at 3:41 pm

I grew up in Milwaukee. American Motors had plants in Kenosha and Milwaukee. We made fun of the Javelin all the time.

Times never change…..

55. 154 donna dem 4 obama
    May 10, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Our favorite President stalker in action…

56. 155 Ladyhawke
    May 10, 2012 at 3:19 pm

GOP CONTINUES TO FREAK OUT OVER PRESIDENT OBAMA’S RESCUE OF THE AUTO INDUSTRY

It’s really getting comical to watch Mitt Romney and now Karl Rove try to take credit for and minimize one of President Obama’s major accomplishments. Both of them are ignoring the facts because they don’t satisfy the narrative they want to portray.

Meanwhile, Mitt Romney never mentions his time as governor of MA or his signature accomplishment of healthcare reform. All we hear about is that he was a successful business with experience and he ran the Olympics. There are a lot of successful businessmen in this country. What’s so unique about Mitt Romney. What specifically is he going to do differently that has not already been done? Romney saying he knows how to turn the economy around is just like John McCain saying he knows how to capture OBL. It’s just empty rhetoric. Meanwhile, President Obama has turned the economy around and it’s moving in the right direction. And oh by the way, he ordered the raid to capture OBL. Those are the facts.

Rove Ignores The Realities Of The Auto Rescue

——————————–

But the idea that the auto rescue could have been financed through private funds ignores what numerous experts have said: Private financing for the auto bankruptcies was impossible at the time. As Arthur Gonzalez, the federal judge who presided over Chrysler’s bankruptcy hearings, said during a recent ABC News interview, “One thing is clear, without government support in one fashion or another, there were no sources of funding” for Chrysler.

Had the bailout not occurred – something that would’ve been likely had bankruptcy relied upon private financing that simply wasn’t there – anywhere from 2.5 million to more than 3 million jobs could’ve been lost.

Rove concluded his column by claiming that “[i]f the auto industry bailout is the best Mr. Obama can do, Republicans should take heart.” It appears Rove, like others in right-wing media, is seemingly in denial about the auto bailout.

———————————-

• 156 PoliticalJunkessa
      May 10, 2012 at 3:21 pm

>>>>Rove concluded his column by claiming that “[i]f the auto industry bailout is the best Mr. Obama can do, Republicans should take heart.” <<<<

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 159 57andfemale
      May 10, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I agree, Karl. Republicans — ride that hybrid all the way to the election.

Oh, wait………

• 160 Pamela
      May 10, 2012 at 3:42 pm

“Should’ve, could’ve, would’ve”, why are they still bugling about this: It Is Done. Let’s Move Forward!

• 161 57andfemale
      May 10, 2012 at 3:44 pm

I really love when they bring up the auto bailout. Another opportunity for the campaign and the administration to talk about the auto bailout

57. 162 Don
    May 10, 2012 at 3:22 pm

The haircut heard around the world. Are you guys telling me that a haircut will be Mitt Romney’s Waterloo?

• 163 EricFive
      May 10, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Mitt is really making a bad “first impression” with the American people. It is extremely difficult to overcome making a bad first impression. That is why the MSM has been working so hard to prop Mitt up and prevent a negative narrative from taking hold. He is an extremely unlikable person. His bullying of classmates clearly illustrates his meanness (as does his embrace of the Ryan Budget Plan). This guy makes Dole seem warm and fuzzy. As the GOP primaries clearly illustrated, the more voters get to know Mitt, the LESS they like him. Ironically, this hazing story will probably HELP Mitt with the GOP base and Tea Party set, however, it will hurt him with Independents, women and sane people in general.

58. 164 PoliticalJunkessa
    May 10, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Hmmm. In the photo with Biden, it looks like the pic on the wall behind PBO is/could be from the night he announced the death of bin Laden. I wonder what this room is?

May 10, 2012 at 3:24 pm

60. 166 criquet
    May 10, 2012 at 3:28 pm

“Romney has now apologized. He claims he didn’t know the classmate was gay:

“I certainly don’t believe that I thought the fellow was homosexual,” Romney told Kilmeade. “That was the furthest thing from our minds back in the 1960s.”

But I thought he had no memory of this incident? That was his position this morning. And there was no homophobia in the 1960s? Seriously: Etch-A-Sketch. Regardless, Chait analyzes:

The story does give the sense of a man who lacks a natural sense of compassion for the weak. His prankery seems to have invariably singled out the vulnerable — the gay classmate, the nearly blind teacher, the nervous day student racing back to campus. It’s entirely possible to grow out of that youthful mentality — to learn to step out of your own perspective, to develop an appreciation for the difficulties faced by those not born with Romney’s many blessings. I’m just not sure he ever has.

I conclude two things: Romney was a high school bully of gay or effeminate kids and is also a brazen liar.”

More journalists need to start calling Romney what he is: a mean, cowardly liar.

• 167 Don
      May 10, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Please keep talking Mitt, I think you are doing a masterful job of pleading your case.

• 168 L3
      May 10, 2012 at 3:44 pm

He acts as though gay people or homophobia didn’t exist in the sixties.

• 169 57andfemale
      May 10, 2012 at 3:51 pm

I am seriously rolling on the floor, laughing my ass off.

Oh no. We never thought about “the gay” in the 60’s. We just assumed that every boy who wanted to dance was ‘gay’. The stuff on Glee with the jocks beating up on the gay kids? That happened in my high school.

A kid with bleach-blonde hair? He was just ‘different’? You really are delusional, Mitt.

Now I admit that being in theatre, gay was part of my life. My brother was gay. The notion that this wasn’t on anyone’s radar is absurd. The word gay? No. The preferred word began with an “f”.

• 170 57andfemale
        May 10, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Or in the description of my aunts, uncles and cousins, “artistic”. My brother was “artistic”.

But I gotta say in my Jewish family, he never felt that he wasn’t loved and accepted.

61. 171 Pamela
    May 10, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Okay, everyone, take a deep breath, a really really really DEEP BREATH! I just found out the private event for PBO today is being hosted by the son of a couple who live 3 doors DOWN THE HALL FROM MY LADY I TAKE CARE OF IN THIS RETIREMENT COMMUNITY! Oh, my goodness gracious! I cannot believe they didn’t invite me! Then again it is true to dont have the 35K for my ticket…. But, at least now I will be only 1 degree of separation from PBO from now on!

• 172 57andfemale
      May 10, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Stop floating in the clouds. I can’t catch you and you’ll get a nosebleed up there!

Oh, and I’m jealous as all hell.

62. 173 Liberal Librarian
    May 10, 2012 at 3:33 pm

This is Mitt Romney’s no good, very bad day. And now the media is starting to call him on it. NO ONE likes a bully. And he hasn’t changed: he’s still a bully.

May 10, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Any one wanna take a shot ?

64. 177 57andfemale
    May 10, 2012 at 3:38 pm

The Queen of Flake has withdrawn her Swiss citizenship.

65. 178 overseasgranny
    May 10, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Trouble signing in again

• 180 Liberal Librarian
      May 10, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Oh, WHAT A FUCKING BITCH! It’s on. She’s fair game.

• 181 symmetry11
      May 10, 2012 at 3:46 pm

This coming from bitch (sorry Chips) that was fucking & had a child before marriage. Give me a damn break!

• 182 57andfemale
      May 10, 2012 at 4:02 pm

The statement was hi-larious. PBO’s a bad father for consulting his kids anot educating them that Homosexuals are BAD. And then she had the gall to say that children should be brought up in a home with a mother and a father.

Can you believe that?

May 10, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Martin Bashir is on fire today. He excoriated Romney for his vile assault on his former classmate who was gay, said Romney’s personality is comparable to a wilting asparagus. Called Michele Bachmann out for her hypocrisy in obtaining dual citizenship in Switzerland while saying she is more pro-America than Democrats and PBO.

BREAKING NEWS: Michele Bachmann has withdrawn her Swiss dual citizenship. Hahahahahahahahahaha

May 10, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Chuck Todd is such a tool. On Sunday through Tuesday he was a major high – when he thought that things were going badly for POTUS and the administration. But that high has turned to a low after yesterday.

Between Sunday and Yesterday BEFORE POTUS announced his support for SSM, Chuck Todd had posted or retweeted 93 tweets which is an average of 23 tweets a day.

But alas between yesterday afternoon from today – only 6 tweets! Meanwhile, nary a peep about any of Romney’s bullying history, or his doubling down on antigay legislation, or the Log Cabin Repubs vile reaction to POTUS’s announcement yesterday.

Todd is a huge GOP tool.

May 10, 2012 at 3:45 pm

A BJ post

I was always pretty certain that once the Republican primary was over, that the Obama campaign was not going to let Mitt erase his positions and move back to the center. But actually watching it unfold, and how Obama has cornered Romney on issue after issue, forcing him to own ridiculous positions, has been a thing of beauty.

69. 188 leizaduckworth
    May 12, 2012 at 1:23 am

I for one,am Impressed with this bunch in the White House!”They have real personalities,and that does not negate their intelligence!” “I could not expect any less!”