May

The View ….. and other bits ‘n pieces

See the non-shaky video at ABC! (Thanks UT)

Wednesday: PBO will deliver remarks in the Washington, DC area, where he will continue to call on Congress to act on a “To Do List” that will create jobs and help restore middle class security. Also on Wednesday, the President will award Specialist Leslie H. Sabo, Jr., U.S. Army, the Medal of Honor for conspicuous gallantry. The First Lady will also attend.

Thursday: PBO will attend meetings at the White House.

Friday: PBO will deliver the opening keynote to the Symposium on Global Agriculture and Food Security at the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, DC. Later on Friday, the President will travel to Camp David for the G-8 Summit, which will address a broad range of economic, political and security issues. The President will remain overnight at Camp David.

Saturday: PBO will remain at Camp David for the G-8 Summit. Later on Saturday, the President will travel to Chicago where he will welcome NATO allies and partners to his hometown for the NATO Summit on May 20-21. The First Lady will travel to Chicago with the President.

Cagle

Cagle

184 Responses to “The View ….. and other bits ‘n pieces”

1. 1 nintendowii10
    May 15, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Thanks!

2. 3 Liberal Librarian
    May 15, 2012 at 8:21 pm

3. 4 theo67
    May 15, 2012 at 8:21 pm

I’m giving up the hunt for first place. Congrats Nintendo! :)

4. 8 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    May 15, 2012 at 8:23 pm

“FACT CHECK: Romney oversimplifies debt ‘inferno'”

#PRESSON

May 15, 2012 at 8:25 pm

My President loves to get love from the people!

May 15, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I’m so glad the President gets true love and support from his family, that’s what makes him the man we love to love.

May 16, 2012 at 7:42 am

MS. Elisabeth sat there with her phony fake ass self, and that short darn dress she had on, what was her problem. It ate her up to see POTUS there and seeing the wonderful welcome he got. She probably went home and cuss her freaking head off.

• May 16, 2012 at 10:01 am

I don’t think so. She may disagree with his politics but I get the feeling she genuinely likes the President. Her greeting of him was very warm and friendly imo. She like everybody else laughed when PBO started talking about how Michelle gets on his case.

6. 13 Liberal Librarian
    May 15, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Interesting piece from Goddard: http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/05/15/pauls_sneaky_convention_strategy.html?ref=tw

Politico reports the Paul campaign estimates the Texas congressman will go to the GOP convention with “several hundred” of his own bound delegates, plus “several hundred more” delegates that are bound to Romney but support Paul.

Crazy Ron is batshit insane, but also crazy like a fox.

• 14 nintendowii10
      May 15, 2012 at 8:29 pm

The GOP are so screwed. It’ll be a crackpot convention if they ignore the Cult of Paul and let them boo the entire time, and it’ll be a crackpot convention if they allow the Cult of Paul a speaking spot where he talks about ending the Fed, bringing back the gold standard, and finding out who is really behind the New World Order. Let the laughfest begin!

• 15 Liberal Librarian
        May 15, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Ronnie isn’t running to be President; he’s running to be kingmaker. The GOP will have to accede to his wishes if it wants to avoid a major foodfight on network television. Oh, joy joy joy!!

And, Fuck You WordPress.

• 16 theo67
          May 16, 2012 at 12:24 am

But, we’ve just seen with the debt ceiling fiasco that the GOP make promises that they have no intention of keeping. So, they make a deal with Ron Paul, but they’ll just be words spoken in the moment, which cease to exist as the clock hand moves to the next second.

7. 17 nintendowii10
    May 15, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Now whats up with the follow up comments via email box automatically checking itself? WordPress having hiccups again?

8. 18 yardarm756
    May 15, 2012 at 8:29 pm

O/T I know some don’t like the wicked witch from Greece but there are some folks over there that have some interesting blogs. Here’s an item of interest:

May 15, 2012 at 8:35 pm

You’re welcome Chips. :D

May 15, 2012 at 8:37 pm

So even when one unsubscribes from TOD and goes through the multiple steps, one still has to uncheck the notification box all the time before one can make a comment? FFS!!!!!! *Shakes Fist At The Idiocy Of the Web Techs At WordPress*

11. May 15, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Oh boy, WordPress really are a bunch of dicks:

It’s now much easier for you and your commenters to keep track of the conversations you’re involved in across WordPress.com. Some recent tests have shown that by subscribing commenters to new comments by default, they are more likely to stay engaged and come back and comment more on your blog. With that knowledge, we’ve changed the default comment following behavior to help you get more conversations going on your blog.

We made the initial changes last week and after great feedback from you we just launched an update. Here’s how it works:

By default, posting a comment will now subscribe you to receive follow-up comments via email for that specific post, keeping you updated on the conversation. This is indicated by the checked box in the comment form.
    If you have a WordPress.com account, you now have a global setting to change this so that by default you will not be subscribed. If you don’t have an account, then you can create one over here.

More here: http://en.blog.wordpress.com/2012/05/15/follow-comments/

Banging. Head. Against. Very. Hard. Brick. Wall.

“Great feedback”?!?!?! There’s almost been a riot over this at their support forum, eg just one of the threads:

Eg: Can I add my voice to the crowd saying I hate the automatic subscribe to comments which has just been implemented. It puts me off leaving a comment on other blogs because it’s then followed by a mass of email which I didn’t elect. Please change back to opt in rather than opt out.

I’ll look in to this tomorrow, it’s insane.

• 22 Liberal Librarian
      May 15, 2012 at 8:40 pm

They’re such swell guys, making things so.much.easier for us benighted peons.

They must be Romney backers.

• May 15, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Hi LL, I’ve disabled the ‘follow comments’ option on the blog, as suggested by a poster at the support forum – I HOPE that stops the flood of notification emails, although knowing WordPress it probably won’t. Will check it out properly tomorrow. Flippin’ ridiculous.

• 24 nintendowii10
      May 15, 2012 at 8:40 pm

This kind of nonsense is how Terminator came to be, and we saw what happened in those movies… Skynet DESTROYED the world!

• 26 utaustinliberal
      May 15, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Seriously WordPress? Lack of conversation will NEVER be a problem at TOD. :roll:

Wait…..hold up….there’s no check mark on my notification box. I went through the steps of unsubscribing and I refreshed the page and no check mark. *Crosses Fingers That This New Development Is Permanent.*

• May 15, 2012 at 9:11 pm

I followed the directions above and unchecked the box on the global settings. It works, or appears to, but it might be because you changed the settings for the site. Anyway, the box isn’t checked now, so I’m happy.

• 28 Ceb
      May 15, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I have never had any of the problems that so many have listed in the past months. Not sure why (knock on wood), but it may be that I do not log on and off through Word Press.

• 29 57andfemale
      May 16, 2012 at 1:57 am

I have not been getting the emails. I went through all the steps when this started a week ago and must have done something right. I see the “notify me…” box under the comment but it appears to be unchecked. This comment is actually a ‘test’.

12. 30 Ladyhawke
    May 15, 2012 at 8:38 pm

CHART: Spending, Taxes, And Deficits Are All Lower Today Than When Obama Took Office

—————————–

Federal spending is lower now than it was when President Obama took office. I’ll pause to let you absorb the news.

In January 2009, before President Obama had even taken the oath of office, annual spending was set to total 24.9 percent of gross domestic product. Total spending this year, fiscal year 2012, is expected to top out at 23.4 percent of GDP.

Here’s another interesting fact. Taxes today are lower than they were on inauguration day 2009.

——————————

May 15, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Seriously? If you love funny movies you HAVE to watch Chris Rock’s version of Death At A Funeral screening right now on FX. :lol:

14. May 15, 2012 at 8:43 pm

I see a headline in the Chgo Trib that Romney says Obama’s economic policies are “morally wrong”, and I thought ‘that’s rich’ coming from him and his job destruction past. It was what you would expect, the media now in overdrive for Willard, but this caught my eye: “Republicans have also been making months of gains in voter registration and now edge Democrats”. How can this be? And if true that is a wake-up call.

• 34 nintendowii10
      May 15, 2012 at 8:48 pm

It’s May, we still have a lot of ground to gain before November.

• 35 0388jojothecat
      May 15, 2012 at 8:51 pm

I don’t believe anything the media says – print, radio or teevee. They are all carry water for Myth Robme.

• 36 itgurl_29
      May 15, 2012 at 8:55 pm

The media lies to try to drum up support for Romney. Let’s not forget, this is the same media that insisted right up to election day that McCain was gonna win Pennsylvania, Ohio, Floria, and North Carolina and thus the Presidency.

May 15, 2012 at 9:09 pm

dotster3, what caught your eye could be true, but let me ask you a question, do you trust the media? We have talk so much here about the anti-Obama media, and I am not going to believe everything they say.

• 38 57andfemale
      May 16, 2012 at 2:00 am

Anyone who thought Republicans would sit this one out because Mittens isn’t conservative enough or his religion is a cult or whatever, really don’t understand Republicans. They are motivated by hate and they hate our President. They were always going to vote and vote enthusiastically and in frightening numbers.

We have a lot of work cut out for us. Fighting voter suppression, Democratic apathy and not enough ponies to get their asses to the polls.

15. 39 nintendowii10
    May 15, 2012 at 8:52 pm

As far as the annoying Followup comment check-box dilemma, I disabled the feature here:

Uncheck the box that says “Notify me of follow-up comments via email when I comment on a post” and VOILA! No more multiple emails!

• 40 utaustinliberal
      May 15, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Ok….I did that too. One more step in a series of multiple steps.

Screw you WordPress.

May 15, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Guess the presager who wrote this. No cigar for the winners.

Write it down: Americans Elect. What Amazon.com did to books, what the blogosphere did to newspapers, what the iPod did to music, what drugstore.com did to pharmacies, Americans Elect plans to do to the two-party duopoly that has dominated American political life — remove the barriers to real competition, flatten the incumbents and let the people in. Watch out.

• 42 carolyn
      May 15, 2012 at 8:59 pm

I can’t guess……who?

• 46 nintendowii10
      May 15, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Americans Elect wasted $100 million building their freaking WEBSITE, and they want people to take them seriously?

But on a somewhat good note, they plan to try and push Cult of Paul leader Ron to split the GOP, and I have no problem with them doing that. Let them waste money on Ron, which splits the GOP vote, which means less votes for Mitt and more votes for President Obama.

17. 47 Ladyhawke
    May 15, 2012 at 9:00 pm

A baseless Bain comparison

By Steve Benen

===================

Mitt Romney’s background at Bain Capital, the only experience the Republican presidential hopeful considers relevant to his campaign, can be pretty ugly. Romney orchestrated leveraged buyouts, flipping companies quickly for large profits, at the expense of thousands of workers who were considered collateral damage.

But for months, there’s been a standard line from the GOP campaign whenever President Obama’s team even hinted at this issue: what Romney did at his vulture-capital firm was similar to what the administration did when it saved the auto industry.
    If Obama is lucky, Romney will keep making this counterargument, and the president’s re-election team will have additional opportunities to highlight the Republican’s misguided vision.

====================

• 48 nintendowii10
      May 15, 2012 at 9:03 pm

IMO, Obama campaign should also start using video of Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich attacking Bain Capital and REALLY light the fire under Mitt’s ass.

• 49 theo67
      May 16, 2012 at 12:35 am

Since Romney worked at Bain Capital before he was governor, why did his “business expertise” result in a drop from 37th in job creation to 47th in job creation for the state of Massachusetts?

18. 50 carolyn
    May 15, 2012 at 9:01 pm

A little OT, but I watched the segment of The View at the top, and I loved Whoopi’s question: “Do you feel the bumps on Air Force One?” I always thought Air Force One was immune to bumps and weather pretty much, I guess….it looks so powerful and huge! PBO is just so real and warm.

• May 15, 2012 at 9:20 pm

I could identify with that part of the conversation. I hate to fly, in fact so much I have grounded myself the last few years. Mr. Dotster always says that the only plane I would get on now would be AF1 with PBO. So I laughed when he said he has staff that are afraid to fly but feel comfortable on AF1, feel it’s not going down.

• 52 theo67
        May 16, 2012 at 12:37 am

The fact that President Obama even knows that there are some members of his posse that are afraid to fly spoke volumes to me.

19. 54 geeja
    May 15, 2012 at 9:16 pm

My, my, my the eye candy in that room is blinding! I will have to watch the vido again so that I can hear this time what is said. The Joe Biden cartoon is priceless!

20. May 15, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Lots of truthful info about “Mitt Romney: American Parasite” and all the misinformation being peddled. Kept hearing about Romney and Staples as if that was his idea and he got a bunch of 2×4’s and a hammer and nails and built it from scratch etc. etc.—-Bain was a 10% investor in Staples.

• 56 yardarm756
      May 15, 2012 at 9:56 pm

He carries the political equivalent to “Lyme disease”!

• 57 Cha
      May 15, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Willard Mitt Romney: American Parasitic Psycho.

• 58 theo67
      May 16, 2012 at 12:40 am

That Staples myth usually excludes three facts:
      (1) that Mitt rejected the Staples proposal until he was convinced by the founder and other investors;
      (2) that he sat on the Staples board, but in an non-operational role (so he had nothing to do with the running of the business); and,
      (3) that he had left Bain long before Staples became truly successful.

These are important points that are often excluded.

May 15, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Ha.Ha.Ha. (insert bart simpson laugh). I don’t have the notify me of comments anymore. It’s gone. Permanently. wp lurvs me some.

On serious note, one temporary solution to the e-mail menace from the fucking wp would be to log in to your e-mail account (you need to go to your webmail not just e-mail client like outlook express, windows livemail etc.) and then mark the mail from wp as spam. Rightly so. Then they go into spam bin (which self-cleans automatically after a month or so) and no more fucking mails in your inbox from fucking wp.

• 60 57andfemale
      May 16, 2012 at 2:04 am

I’ll remember that. I seem to be email-free but so did a lot of other people. I have not had to log in recently but the next time wp decides that I must re-login because it wants me to, we’ll see what happens. I won’t waste any time, I’ll just follow your advice to mark wp mail as spam. Thanks for the tip.

22. May 15, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Willard spent half of his speech today talking about the greatness of Bill Clinton——odd and desperate

• 62 yardarm756
      May 15, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Any port in a storm.

• 63 0388jojothecat
        May 16, 2012 at 12:27 am

Only we know Bill Clinton Loooooves attention so he’ll probably say “Mitt would make a great president”, ugh.

• 64 yardarm756
          May 16, 2012 at 12:39 am

Regardless jojo. I rather he be in our camp than theirs. The Clintons have too much invested in this Presidency and Bill wants a large paragraph in the history books.

May 15, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Why didn’t Mitt spend half of his speech talking about the greatness of the guy who endorse him this morning as he got in the elevator…George W. Bush?

• 68 Ladyhawke
      May 15, 2012 at 10:46 pm

On The Last Word just now, EJ Dionne asked if Romney was saying we should go back to the tax rates during President Clinton’s administration. The image that should be seared into everyone’s head is that President Clinton left a surplus. President Bush and the Republicans created a mess. President Obama is cleaning up the GOP mess. And all the GOP can say is that President Obama is not cleaning up their mess fast enough. So they should be given another chance. It makes your head hurt.

23. 70 collegekay
    May 15, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Test

24. May 15, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Chuck Todd is messing with WordPress, again!

May 15, 2012 at 9:46 pm

26. May 15, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Some of Willard’s horrible big donors—-unimaginable to turn this country over to these people

27. May 15, 2012 at 9:50 pm

The Senate passed legislation reauthorizing the Export-Import Bank on Tuesday after voting down five amendments that would have limited the program’s scope and power.

The passage of the bill, in a 78-20 vote, sends the legislation to President Obama, who is expected to sign the reauthorization, which runs through September 2014.

Obama praised the reauthorization bill’s passage through Congress.

“I’m pleased that Members of Congress from both parties have come together to reauthorize the Export-Import Bank,” Obama said in a statement.  “This important step will help American businesses create jobs here at home and sell their products around the world — all at no cost to taxpayers.”

28. 78 nintendowii10
    May 15, 2012 at 9:57 pm

• 79 yardarm756
      May 15, 2012 at 10:06 pm

The two panelist are CharlieOscarWhiskey CharlieHotelIndiaPapas !

• 80 Lovepolitics2008
      May 15, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Folks, I don’t know if the USA Today/Gallup is statistically sound ( good sample representative of the population). I hope not, because if 57% believe the economy will improve with Romney while only 44% believe the economy will improve with President Obama, this means a tough reelection.

Even if the poll is not accurate, I’m more and more convinced that democrats need to make a case that the obstructionism of Republicans in Congress has been a BIG factor in the recovery being slow. Republicans have to be held accountable. I mean… this is absolutely crazy. They’re blocking everything and President Obama is the one who’s blamed. Why this focus on the President ? It’s in the national culture to see the President as omnipotent and responsible for everything. All the political conversation is always about the President. This is insane. Even media pundits, who are supposed to know about the separation of powers, fall into the trap. It’s not only bias. It’s ingrained in the culture. The view of the Presidency, in America, is almost mythical, with all the rituals attached to it ( for example, just think of the Inauguration which almost feels like the crowning of a king; other republics DON’T make such a fuss). American culture and tradition sees the presidency in a way that is out of touch with the reality of the separation of powers determined by the Constitution. And it leads to an enormous misunderstandings , it leads to voters making stupid choices they regret afterwards.

May 15, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Lovepolitics2008, I don’t believe it, most people who feel this way couldn’t even tell what Mitt Romney would do to improve the economy. I don’t know about anyone else but I am sick of these polls. What stupid people seem to have forgotten is that this economy would be alot better if it wasn’t for the radical extreme Tea Party Republicans who refuse to work with this President. These Republicans wanted the economy in bad shape, because they knew there would idiots out there who won’t use the common sense God gave them to see what the Republicans were doing. The Republicans sabotage this economy, the Republicans fought against, filibuster, obstruct anything this President put forth that would help the economy, that would put people back to work. Why can’t people see that?

May 15, 2012 at 11:52 pm

I want to believe in the people out there. I want to think that they will use some common sense, I want to believe that they will ask questions like what have Congress done to make the economy better? I wish these people would think back and remember how these Republicans fought this President on everything. The U.S. has never not paid it’s bills before, but these Republicans were ready to let our country default on paying it’s bills. Raising the debt ceiling has been done so many times without any problem, but these Republicans were ready not to raise the debt ceiling. These people who think Romney will do a better job on the economy, need to tell just what it is he would do. One more thing, what jobs bills have the Republicans put forth? Last time I check Congress and Senate were suppose to be helping run this country, and I want these people who think Romney would do a better job with the economy, tell me what have Speaker Boehner and Mitch McConnell done for this economy?

29. May 15, 2012 at 10:06 pm

So, Wyden not only wants to kill Medicare as we know it, he now wants to kill the Federal subsidies for all Green Programs-

This Guy is a problem!

• 84 amk for obama
      May 15, 2012 at 10:15 pm

isn’t wyden a dkos dahling ?

May 15, 2012 at 10:28 pm

He was during the HCR debate when quite a few DEMS in the house/senate were competing for DKOS’s love and affection. I think since he teamed up with Ryan the love affair from Old Orange has gone sour.

• May 15, 2012 at 10:31 pm

During the Healthcare debate, he was DKOS God. He did not get what he wanted and now, it seems, he has an agenda.
        You follow?

30. 88 GGail
    May 15, 2012 at 10:08 pm

I LOVED seeing President Obama on The View. He really put Elizabeth in her place – HA! And that Joy Behar is not hiding the fact that this is HER President – LOL!!!!! Whoopie had me cracking up doing her imitation of the President getting out of the plane and forgetting Michelle – too cute!

• 89 cindysweatt
      May 16, 2012 at 12:47 am

I didn’t see the part where he handled Elizabeth. I can’t stand her. I did see her making faces during the interview. Which part are you speaking about?

May 15, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Fascinating

According to the right-wing media echo chamber, Democrats and progressives are not just wrong on almost every major political and social issue. No, they are treasonous, deserving of death, and want to destroy the country.

Interestingly, research has found that the diametrically opposed worldviews of conservatives and liberals can be a function of differences in biology, brain structure and political personality types. For example, researchers have discovered that the fear centers of conservatives’ brains are over-developed. This in turn makes them highly susceptible to anxieties about social change and threat, and creates a hostility toward people conservatives perceive to be the Other.

Moreover, conservatives tend to be deferent to authority and hierarchy, fearful of change, closed off to new experiences, possessed of a binary world view, attracted to simple moral appeals (right and wrong, good guys vs. bad guys) and highly intolerant of ambiguity. These traits are a formula for authoritarian thinking, which according to the book, Authoritarianism and Polarization in American Politics, has a broad impact on public opinion regarding such topics as immigration, privacy, women’s reproductive rights, national security, gay marriage, and matters of race and racial inequality.

In all, these differences in political worldviews can be crystallized into one key divide: conservatives and liberals are radically different in how empathy impacts their political decision-making.

32. 91 Ladyhawke
    May 15, 2012 at 10:33 pm

DEEP THOUGHT: When will Mitt Romney have his “Katie Couric” interview?

A Katie Couric interview is one where substantive questions are asked and factually wrong or outlandish responses are challenged because the interviewer did his/her homework. It seems Mitt Romney is most comfortable writing op-eds and speeches where he can’t be challenged immediately. Most of his interviews are with right wing radio and Fox. He has done some interviews on cable and network television but he had to bring Ann Romney along for support.

Mitt Romney thinks he is qualified to be the leader of the free world. David Gregory and Bob Schieffer have been asking for an interview for months and so far Romney has declined. What’s he afraid of? And another thing when was the last time Mitt Romney held a real press conference where no subject was off limits and there was no limit to the number of questions that could be asked.

Mitt Romney is trying to win the presidency by providing as little detail about how he would govern as possible. In fact, he has said he doesn’t want to get into details about his foreign policy until AFTER he is in office. So he is essentially lying, distorting making stuff up in an attempt to confuse the public. President Obama is responsible for everything that’s wrong with the country. So we should vote for Mitt Romney. Details will be provided later, if ever. He thinks the Oval Office is owed to him. It is clear he feels this election is an inconvenience and a nuisance.

• 92 cindysweatt
      May 16, 2012 at 12:51 am

Why would Romney be afraid of DavidGregory or Bob Schieffer. They haven’t asked a repub a follow up question in months.

• 93 theo67
      May 16, 2012 at 12:55 am

Lady – this nonsense of Romney being unwilling to reveal his dark plans for the country and the world is just totally unacceptable. It’s a given that the GOP base could care less what Romney stands for or believes in, but the rest of the country just can’t be that obtuse! If that’s not accurate, then the world is in serious trouble.

33. 94 criquet
    May 15, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Why are so few (including PBO’s campaign so reluctant to call Romney what he is … a serial liar?

This type of information (below) is important but Romney needs to be defined as what he is – a pathalogical liar who will say and do anything to try to become President. The MSM should be forced to report on the lies and lack of core, character and fitness to lead.

34. May 15, 2012 at 10:41 pm

The Senate is scheduled to vote Wednesday on Rep. Paul Ryan’s (R-Wis.) budget plan, giving Democrats another chance to put their GOP counterparts on the record supporting Ryan’s controversial Medicare proposal.

Senators will devote six hours to the budget debate Wednesday and vote on four Republican proposals — including Ryan’s. His plan, which passed the House on a party-line vote in March, would partially privatize Medicare. Some of the program’s federal funding would be converted into subsidies that seniors would use to buy private insurance.

35. 96 daisydem
    May 15, 2012 at 10:46 pm

I watched the entire clip from the View and I wonder, how can anyone not like or love this President? You may not like or approve of all of his policies (and keep in mind, they are not totally his – he fights an obstructing Congress every day), but he is class personified. He is dignified, yet open, warm, and intimate. He is soft spoken and yet he has a wit and ability to joke and be playful. I just love him, I really do. I wish, as I am sure he does, that we could all put partisanhip aside and work with him to accomplish the long term goals he has for this country. Then what a world we would live in! Now, I will scroll back up to see what all of you had to say about this clip and everything else. Thanks.

• May 15, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Felt exactly the same way when i watched this a.m. I want everyone to see this appearance. If it was required viewing, he would win in a landslide.

• 98 daisydem
        May 15, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Yes. Yes he would.

May 15, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Definitely. I watched the entire clip and I simply cannot imagine anyone but President Obama at the helm for the next four years.

On a lighter note, I don’t think Sherri will sleep for several nights after PBO correctly guessed that she was on DWTS. :)

May 15, 2012 at 10:52 pm

What is this twitter freakout about dnc getting behind the dem candidate in WI walker recall ? Is dnc not supporting the dem candidate ? I thought the folks down there didn’t want obama or dnc to butt in ?

• 101 amk for obama
      May 15, 2012 at 10:58 pm

And then I read this. Team Obama is chipping in. Then wtf is the problem ?

• 102 57andfemale
        May 16, 2012 at 2:18 am

The DNC is not chipping in. OFA is working on voter turnout and fighting voter suppression. Good for OFA but shame on the DNC.

During the initial protests, the organizers in WI did not want it to be about the PBO and keep the focus on the issue of Walker, despite dumb Ed Schultz thinking this was a movie and PBO should walk the picket line with the protestors. Now the recall is on, Wisconsinites did everything on their own to get to this point. Now they have a governor’s race against a candidate who has been running Koch-funded ads for a year. It is now a real race and they asked the DNC for $500,000. The DNC has refused.

This is a race with huge national implications. It is not only reasonable to ask the DNC to help, it is imperative that they help and I for one am horrified that the DNC doesn’t understand how important this race is. Republican governors will be emboldened to unleash Walker-type horrors with glee.

I’ve never seen grass roots work this hard as they have in my former home state of WI. If they need $500,000 the party should support them. I’m appalled.

• 103 nintendowii10
          May 16, 2012 at 3:05 am

The DNC is not getting involved because as Milt Shook pointed out on HIS blog, it’s about keeping it “local.” The Republicans there would love for nothing more than to spin that “outside Democrat interests” are trying to kick Walker out of office.

As for asking for $500,000 from the DNC, Milt also points out that it’s NOT about money, it’s about the message, the message being that Walker is a corrupt governor and needs to be recalled. Let the Repubs waste their money on this recall, that’s more money wasted if Walker gets the boot and less money that would have been allocated towards other races, i.e, the Presidential race and the House and Senate races. After reading Milt Shook’s take, I’m glad the DNC is not getting involved, it’s the SAME reason the President himself is not getting involved. Why should Wisconsin need help from the DNC, when this recall is successful enough on its own WITHOUT the DNC’s help?

• 104 57andfemale
            May 16, 2012 at 8:59 am

I understand Milt’s take on this. I think that was applicable up to the point that there are now two candidates. That was my position all the way up to this point. Letting it happen locally was important for the protests, the petitions for recall, etc. Now it was a bona fide governor’s race. At this point, parties help out.

The President is involved, albeit not personally. OFA is involved. The interesst of the Democratic Party include who is governor of WI. I’ve never seen people work as hard as Wisconsinites have for the last year and a half when they did it all on their own. Now it’s about a real election of enormous consequences to the direction of the nation. The Party should help out these exhausted people and not add to any demoralization or feeling of abandonment. They have asked for nothing up to this point.

• 106 amk for obama
        May 15, 2012 at 11:15 pm

• 107 Ladyhawke
          May 15, 2012 at 11:21 pm

I certainly hope that Ed Schultz will put a sock in it now. I thought his head was going to explode yesterday reporting on this story.

• 108 amk for obama
            May 15, 2012 at 11:32 pm

uuggh. ed again ? Didn’t he do enough damage in 2010 ?

May 15, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Tonight he was huffing and puffing about PBO needing to make Wall Street reform a campaign issue. He’s moved on from the DNC – I’m sure he thinks that it was his blowing a gasket last night that made them decide to support WI.

• 110 57andfemale
          May 16, 2012 at 2:20 am

If this is true it’s only because of today’s pressure.

37. May 15, 2012 at 10:55 pm

WASHINGTON (AP) — Bob Kerrey won the Democratic nomination for Nebraska’s open U.S. Senate seat Tuesday while Republicans decided a tight three-way race that reflected the divisions within the GOP.

Kerrey, a former senator seeking another turn on Capitol Hill in one of the year’s most contested Senate races, easily captured the Democrats’ nomination.

May 15, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Unless I missed this earlier…someone needs to Tweet the crap out of this! Nice job, 3 Chics:)

• 115 Cha
      May 16, 2012 at 12:11 am

Thank you, DF..what do those fascists care if America goes under? They got theirs and the USA can go back to where bush and cheney took it for 8 years.

Personally, I’d like to know where the mediawhore companies think people are going to get the money to pay their damn cable bill?

May 15, 2012 at 10:57 pm

May 15, 2012 at 11:11 pm

• 118 globalcitizenlinda
      May 16, 2012 at 5:58 am

anyone in the MSM mention this in their breathless reports on polls? of course any poll that shows any kind of good news for PBO will not be discussed.

41. 119 Pamela
    May 15, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Here is the link for any late night people: http://www.the-french-job.com/videos.php?show=4fb253e3f01c9
    Ha! I just cut and pasted onto a reply field, all by myself! (Now, hopefully it will work!)

42. 124 Ladyhawke
    May 15, 2012 at 11:19 pm

LIES, UNTRUTHS, FIBS, DISTORTIONS, MISSTATEMENTS, EXAGGERATIONS, AND NOW “WEASEL WORDS”

We all know that Mitt Romney is a pathological liar. What I find fascinating is the plethora of terms that are being used to avoid using the one word that should be used – LIAR. We have a politician who is basing his entire campaign on falsehoods, and the feckless media is uncomfortable calling a lie a lie. Romney’s penchant for lying represents a serious character flaw. The American people need the facts so they can make an educated decision about who should occupy the White House for the next four years.

Romney’s Weasel Problem

By TIMOTHY EGAN

—————————

But on health care, Romney is in a weasel world all his own. He can’t deny being the intellectual father of Obamacare, after coming up with a fair system in Massachusetts that requires freeloaders to get health insurance so that everyone else won’t have to pay for them.

So he continues to act as though there’s some difference between the two plans. Romneycare works in Massachusetts, in the same way that Obamacare will work for the rest of the nation if given a chance. Romney knows that.

“Massachusetts is a model for getting everybody insured,” he said before that model became public enemy No.1 in Republican eyes.

Romney’s party will not allow him to say that now, so he contorts himself. You can blame the radical makeup of this year’s Republicans for that. But on the character issues, when it comes time to act like a leader with an expansive heart, he wiggles, denies and shrinks.

——————————

43. May 15, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Well, Good Night all my O peeps! Just got in under the wire to mention another great getting up day we had today!!! I saw my Prez on the View for a few minutes, before duty called me away (had to do my W imitation and clear some brush in the lower forty, feet that is..). I was quite impressed and think that the ladies all did their thang quite well. It was serious, but with just the right touch of the entertainment value. It ranged from political, to policy, to just plain ol’ fun. My guy is so at ease among women, and it’s probably his best venue. Elizabeth did what she does best, but I had no quarrels, cause she was respectful with it. I didn’t mind the length of her dress (I wear mine that short too, especially when you know who is around). Sooo, glad I could drop in before the bewitching hour to say a hidee all and a nitey y’all!!!

May 15, 2012 at 11:28 pm

From Bob Cesca: WTF? one of the Colorado Republicans who filibustered the advancement of a civil unions bill apparently has an openly-gay son. Thanks Dad.

May 15, 2012 at 11:32 pm

What a good father he is….

May 16, 2012 at 12:24 am

From BJ…this is the idiot that did this:

Republican Rep. Don Coram, whose son is gay, cited his reasons for voting against the measure while his wife, Dianna Coram, wiped away tears in the audience. Coram said civil unions are too similar to same-sex marriage, which Colorado voters banned in 2006. He blasted Democrats, accusing them of bringing up the issue to try to gain votes.
      “The gay community is being used as a political pawn,” he said.
      I especially love that last line- Yes, Rep. Coram, it’s the people trying to give equal rights to your son who are using gays as political pawns, not the people catering to bigots and religious nuts. I bet family gatherings are a real hoot in the Coram household.

45. May 15, 2012 at 11:32 pm

46. 137 terim
    May 15, 2012 at 11:48 pm

I watched the clip from The View — President Obama is so warm and down-to-earth! Only people with issues and agendas find him aloof.

47. May 16, 2012 at 12:09 am

Suddenly, their are reports that Zimmerman had Fractures and cuts to the back of His Head.
    This is strange, I also saw that picture and am puzzled. Did it happen before or after?
    That is the question?

• 139 Cha
      May 16, 2012 at 12:15 am

And yet, I’ve read the FBI may charge Zimmerman with a Hate Crime. So who knows until more comes out?

• 140 57andfemale
      May 16, 2012 at 2:27 am

But they didn’t take him to the hospital? Even an incompetent police dept. like this one would NEVER not take someone to the hospital with a head injury, just to avoid liability later. If Zimmerman refused treatment, how badly hurt was he?

48. May 16, 2012 at 12:15 am

Jason Clausen, a Mason City, Iowa, man featured in Mitt Romney’s new video featuring unemployed people has a lengthy rap sheet and served ten days in jail for “assault on a peace officer,” public records show.

Brilliant?

49. 144 Cha
    May 16, 2012 at 12:29 am

“White House Threatens To Veto Watered Down Violence Against Women Act”

“In a statement just released, the administration said that the House version of the bill is unnacceptable. Sponsored Rep. Sandy Adams (R-FL), the House version removes the protections for marginalized communities, stripping out provisions that were passed in the Senate version of the bill.”

“The House version of VAWA would let abusers know that their victims called for help. It would also strip out the Senate’s protections for LGBT people and undocumented immigrants.”

Wanted to post this because I saw on ThinkProgress in the Comments Section a Question: “What’s Wrong With Republicon Women?” and since ThinkProgress is only Facebook Comments like TPM seems to be now..I want to say that Republicon Women are Masochists and Republicon Men are Sadists so they get along quite well together. They should get together under rocks and leave the rest of our country ALONE.

50. May 16, 2012 at 12:33 am

Oil futures at 92! We may see under 3 dollar gas by election Day!

• 146 globalcitizenlinda
      May 16, 2012 at 6:34 am

I hope so. Then the gop rightwingers can go ahead and really “blame PBO” for these low gas prices

May 16, 2012 at 12:37 am

Mitt’s Idea!!!! http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/15/us-tcw-housing-fund-idUSBRE84E1C220120515
    TCW, a Los Angeles-based asset management firm, is looking to raise up to $250 million from investors for a fund that seeks to capitalize on the red-hot U.S. rental market for single-family homes.

A marketing brochure reviewed by Reuters bills the new fund, the TCW Home Place Partners fund, as an opportunity for wealthy investors to invest in the “housing turnaround” by buying foreclosed homes from banks and federal government agencies.

The new fund, which will require investors to lock up their money for eight years, comes at a time when many hedge funds and private equity firms are raising money to acquire foreclosed homes with the intent to rent them out for several years before selling them as the housing recovery takes hold.

Let the foreclosures go on and on…so investors can buy them up and collect exorbitant rent….and the middle class gets squeezed out again. Yes, this was MItt’s idea.

May 16, 2012 at 12:40 am

Another Tweeter moment! http://blogs.reuters.com/david-cay-johnston/2012/05/04/social-security-is-not-going-broke/

Which federal program took in more than it spent last year, added $95 billion to its surplus and lifted 20 million Americans of all ages out of poverty?

Why, Social Security, of course, which ended 2011 with a $2.7 trillion surplus.

That surplus is almost twice the $1.4 trillion collected in personal and corporate income taxes last year. And it is projected to go on growing until 2021, the year the youngest Baby Boomers turn 67 and qualify for full old-age benefits.

So why all the talk about Social Security “going broke?” That theme filled the news after release of the latest annual report of the Federal Old-Age and Survivors Insurance and Federal Disability Insurance Trust Funds, as Social Security is formally called.

The reason is that the people who want to kill Social Security have for years worked hard to persuade the young that the Social Security taxes they pay to support today’s gray hairs will do nothing for them when their own hair turns gray.

That narrative has become the conventional wisdom because it is easily reduced to a headline or sound bite. The facts, which require more nuance and detail, show that, with a few fixes, Social Security can be safe for as long as we want.

May 16, 2012 at 2:41 am

Look how much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Scott Brown got from JPM Chase….compared to Elizabeth Warren…wonder why? (snark)

• 151 globalcitizenlinda
      May 16, 2012 at 6:42 am

praying for Warren to win this seat back for us – it is the people’s seat as demonstrated by the works of Senator Kennedy and she would be a great replacement since she advocates for the poor

May 16, 2012 at 7:35 am

Sounds like Sarah Steelman is a two face bitch, and yes I meant to say that. How can you support something like Limbaugh? If I was Lambaugh”s family I wouldn’t want anyone to know who I was either.

54. May 16, 2012 at 6:10 am

It seems Merkels little European Austerity experiment has failed!
    She is such a Tea Bagger! LOL!
    Looks like Greece will go back to the Drachma?

55. May 16, 2012 at 6:26 am

Coming up in Moaning Jackass, Paul Ryan and Pat Toomey to talk debt and spending cuts and no debt ceiling raised until you agree and submit to our will.
    We will hypnotize America, it is written.
    The Moaning one is way over the top, if I ever saw Him, I would hit Him.
    And Steve Smith is also overrated and biased!

• 156 globalcitizenlinda
      May 16, 2012 at 6:38 am

what will these people do WHEN President Obama is re-elected and Dems take over both house and senate? it will be a dark day for all the hate-mongers

• May 16, 2012 at 6:45 am

I know! But, their is such Hatred! Joe has turned into Hannity.
        Just a info- Mercial for House Republucans and Willard and over the top nonsense on the President.
        Joe Hannity!

May 16, 2012 at 7:29 am

jovie141, maybe this will remind people of the kind of B.S. the Republicans have been playing the last 31/2 years, and maybe they will see the B.S this President has had to deal with. It is all about getting what they want even if they have to bring down this country, they will just blame it on this President and they think people are stupid enough to fall for their B.S.

• May 16, 2012 at 7:37 am

I hate to say it, but it is what Hitler did in the 30s. Manipulate and lie and use the media for propaganda.
        This is scary stuff.
        Remember, in order to pass a budget, you Only need 51 votes, budget Byrd rule.
        In other words, the ryan plan can pass on 51 votes if the election goes all tea Bagger on us.
        That is scary stuff!

May 16, 2012 at 7:59 am

jovie141,When I see these sorry polls where people think Romney can do better job with the economy, I wonder sometimes about these very people. If you were to ask them what is it Romney will do to make the economy better, I bet they don’t have a clue. People need to remember that these Republicans did all they could to sabotage this economy. So they ought to be saying led us give this President a Congress who will work with him for the good of the country. Not trying to blame the slow job growth on the President alone. Come on people, alittle bit of common sense is all that is needed.

56. 162 globalcitizenlinda
    May 16, 2012 at 6:30 am

I hope the WI recall election gets one for ordinary people by throwing out walker

57. May 16, 2012 at 6:32 am

President Obama will visit a small business in Washington and participate in a round table discussion about his proposal to give a 10 percent tax credit to companies that increase wages or hire new workers (number three on his five-point ‘to-do list’ for Congress.

He will have lunch at the White House with congressional leaders from both parties, where he will “stress the importance of acting on Congress’ ‘To Do List.’” The White House said.

58. May 16, 2012 at 6:40 am

Biden is in Ohio today and Boy is he going to slam Robney as the Venture Capitalist-

This is where Biden is at His best!
    We will be watching…

• 171 globalcitizenlinda
      May 16, 2012 at 6:52 am

I also suspect that he will laugh at those who are perpetuating the myth that he and PBO do not get along

• May 16, 2012 at 7:00 am

Crossroads is going up with a 25 million dollar anti Obama ad next week.
        The carpet bombing has begun!
        Soon, the President will have to start campaigning fulltime to pyshback against the barrage of nonsense and tactics from the other side.
        They really really really want that wh back. When he got elected in 08, It’s like he interrupted something huge, and that is why they stalk Him everyday!
        Hmmmm!

• 173 globalcitizenlinda
          May 16, 2012 at 7:55 am

in Ohio, the garbage ads have been running for a while but I suspect most people are tuning them out since the polls continue to favor PBO

May 16, 2012 at 7:49 am

I hope we will be able to see VP Biden speaking.

59. May 16, 2012 at 7:09 am

Does not include the 15 million from bloomers fundraises.
    May should be way better!

60. May 16, 2012 at 7:17 am

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner on Tuesday warned Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) against playing with the U.S. debt ceiling.

“This commitment to meet the obligations of the nation, this commitment to protect the creditworthiness of the country, is a fundamental commitment that you can never call into question or violate,” Geithner said Tuesday in an address to the Peterson Foundation.

Geithner’s comments were a reaction to remarks Boehner is scheduled to deliver later on Tuesday to the same group.

Boehner will say that the debt ceiling, set to be breached early next year, should not be raised unless greater spending cuts and reforms are enacted, according to prepared remarks released by the Speaker’s office.

61. May 16, 2012 at 7:25 am

Quinnipiac poll of NJ the Prez up 7 and 8 points with Christie added. Lol!

May 16, 2012 at 7:55 am

Please sign this petition – pass it around to friends, neighbors, coworkers, re-tweet, email, etc.

AMERICANS FOR ETHICS IN JOURNALISM:

// e, as concerned Americans, realize that ethics in journalism and in society are voluntary; there are no legal documents than constrict behavior. However, here in America, we have a history of truth and trust in media.

Only in more recent times, with 24 hour news cycle and competition for ratings, are we faced with a media which does more to incite, divide, and mislead Americans than one which seeks to inform, educate and bring people together for common good.
    Facts are tossed aside for monetary gain/ratings. For example, most recently, in a push for ratings, Newsweek gave a blatant example of what is presented to Americans: “America’s First Gay President” was splashed across the cover complete with rainbow halo.

Certainly it is disrespectful to the office of the Presidency and many Americans faced with that image and those untrue words will never open Newsweek to read an accompanying article for further clarification of the historical significance for America. It is as wrong to present information like this as it would for someone to send a card that on the outside says “All your loved ones have died.” It is not justified by the fact that when the card is opened they will read: “laughing when I told that old joke.” Misleading viewers and readers isn’t ethical journalism. //

• May 16, 2012 at 7:58 am

I used to think Republicans were the Problem! It’s not! It is the Media! Last time the media took over a Country, 22 million People died!

May 16, 2012 at 8:02 am