May

10 million thanks ;-)

Crikey Mikey, we’re nearly at the 10 million mark.

Okay, you know what annoying thing happens when the blog reaches a certain number of hits …. I pester you about donating to TOD’s Obama/Biden 2012 fundraiser.

So, here we go again:

If you could spare $10 and if you’re an exceptionally magnificent person, you could click that link below and donate.

Anyone who donates more than $10 will get 10,000 of these buttons in the post:

(I got them for free, for some reason they were no longer selling)

Thank you everyone SO much for your support – and your company (although it should be clarified: most of those 10 million hits were me checking in to clear the spam folder of links to sites offering to enlarge every body bit you could possibly imagine – even ear lobes).

Link

Time for a tune, methinks:

Love ya ;-)

And here’s the fella we’re fighting for:

President Barack Obama walks to welcome guests at the G8 summit in Camp David, May 18

… with French President Francois Hollande

President Barack Obama hosts a working dinner in Laurel Cabin during the G8 Summit at Camp David, Md., May 18, 2012. Seated clockwise from the President are: Prime Minister David Cameron of the United Kingdom, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev of Russia, Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany, Herman Van Rompuy, President of the European Council, José Manuel Barroso, President of the European Commission, Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda of Japan, Prime Minister Mario Monti of Italy, Prime Minister Stephen Harper of Canada, and President François Hollande of France. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

President Barack Obama talks with José Manuel Barroso, President of the European Commission, and Prime Minister Mario Monti of Italy, during a G8 Summit welcome reception in Laurel Cabin at Camp David, Md., May 18, 2012. Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev of Russia and President François Hollande of France talk together at left. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

390 Responses to “10 million thanks ;-)”

• 2 Pamela
      May 18, 2012 at 10:16 pm

WooHoot!

• May 18, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Just donated $11.00 – $10 for the 10,000,000 hits, and and extra $1 for being first :). Would have made it more but I just donated to PBO and DCCC yesterday. I’m saving for my trip to France (first and probably only o to visit my daughter).

• May 18, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Santorum buttons on the way! Thank you so much Mary!

• 5 smoothscotch
          May 18, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Madam Chipsticks, congratulations on an excellent job as always.

!!!!STANDING OVATION!!!

ps, I haven’t figured out the cake picture thingee insert in post yet or I would include it.

• May 18, 2012 at 10:59 pm

You’re too kind. Really. Tooooo kind. I mean it. I hate for you to go to all that trouble, never mind the postage expense! You should really keep them. Really. I mean it. Keep them.
          ;)

• May 18, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Winner!!!!! Hello Mary, hellooooooooo everyone ;-)

• May 18, 2012 at 10:26 pm

The way he looks at here just gives me thrills and chills. And she always looks like she’s loving it and wants to bop him at the same time!

1. 9 SueBee
    May 18, 2012 at 10:15 pm

love ya Chips!

May 18, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Congratulations Chips!!!!!!

3. 15 lovingandlaughing
    May 18, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Love you Chips! Thank you for all you do and please keep carrying on.

4. 21 Proud Former White House Intern
    May 18, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Good one Chips!

5. 22 cindysweatt
    May 18, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Whoo hoo! congrats!

6. 23 jackiegrumbacher
    May 18, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Wow! Congratulations, Chips. This is a BFD! Dropped some $ in the fundraiser kitty. You’ll have to up your goal.

7. May 18, 2012 at 10:20 pm

… Wow! This is the best place to be! Will donate tomorrow, too lazy, I mean exhausted to get out of bed :-)

Have a great night Chips, and thanks for giving us a home :-)

8. May 18, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Mazel Tov, Chip, you beautiful m********er!

Love you to pieces and wish you many many millions more.

• May 18, 2012 at 10:27 pm

What’s PBO say? Ah yes: LOVE YA BAAAAAAAACK! Actually, the return of the m*********ing magnificent blackwaterdog.wordpress.com made me hoot and holler way more than this 10 business ….. made my whole flippin’ year. Thanks for everything you do ;-)

9. May 18, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Just saw our fella, last pic you posted. Dang he is fine! :-)

10. May 18, 2012 at 10:22 pm

May 18, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Congrats Chips & TOD’ers. Way to go.

12. May 18, 2012 at 10:24 pm

13. May 18, 2012 at 10:24 pm

I look forward to that Friday’s Good every week, and every week it makes me cry.

14. 40 Dudette
    May 18, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Donation’s in! The strangest thing happened as soon as I hit the submit button…

An odd strange sensation came over me. I feel the need to Shhimmmmy!!!! What should I do, Mike?

May 18, 2012 at 10:35 pm

OH YES!!! YES! YES! First concert I ever went to….

May 18, 2012 at 10:37 pm

:) He’s got it!

• 44 Dudette
        May 18, 2012 at 10:37 pm

I like the way you work that Mr. President! :-)

• 45 GGail
        May 18, 2012 at 10:38 pm

SUPER COOL :D

• 46 Pamela
        May 18, 2012 at 10:40 pm

That ain’t no jig! Mmm..Mmm..MmmHmm!

May 18, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Now you know Michelle says Barack can’t dance, and these moves look worse than the moves he did on Ellen Show. Who was it that said the dancing is the white side, and the singing is the black side. But I love President Obama anyway. :)

• May 19, 2012 at 12:46 am

I really did not expect to have such a fine president in my lifetime, in this whole world, I did not even imagine that such was possible.
          I join in the joy with all the rest of our peoples. Holy Schmoly . . . we got lucky. damn. xoxo

• 50 miss pat
        May 19, 2012 at 7:23 am

Thanks Chips for all you do here. You are an inspiration to many and you do a good job of shielding us from the snakes in the grass.
        Without you we wouldn’t have this beautiful place to gather and learn from each other.
        This morning I lifted the President up. He needs special prayers today because of the summit.
        And I lift you up too Chips that you might continue to be blessed.
        I plan to contribute once this year. Been saving my pennies and my quarters. I must confess that a million of those hits came from me.

May 18, 2012 at 11:02 pm

That is one of my biggest regards that I never got to see Michael perform live. :(

15. 52 GGail
    May 18, 2012 at 10:31 pm

This is calling on all SoCal TODers – we have been requested for duty: I’m IN!

Hello Team Obama!

June 5th Presidential Primary Election

Have you moved?
    Have you changed your name?
    Have you changed your political party?
    Have you not received election material in the mail?

If the answer is yes, you need to REGISTER TO VOTE!

The last day to register to vote is Monday, May 21st!

Visit http://www.LAVOTE.NET to check your current voting status

Stop by your local Post office for Voter Registration Form

We are calling Battleground!

The Obama Campaign Headquarters has specifically asked for California’s help in making these special calls because of the awesome work you do! The President needs our help! Let’s show him that we have his back! Please make arrangements to join us at one of the special battleground phonebanks listed below!

Please bring your cell phones and chargers and click on the link to RSVP!

Baldwin Hills/Leimert Park Team Host – Saturday, May 19, 2012, 11:00am – 2:00pm

Sibi Center, 2601 W 54th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90043 – Contact Renee Ayat – (310) 491-4505

SWLA Team Host – Saturday, May 19, 2012, 11am – 2:00pm

Private Home, 1906 W 93rd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90047 – Contact Jamila Jabulani

View Park/Windsor Hills/Crenshaw Team Host – Saturday, May 19, 2012, 2pm – 5pm

Crenshaw Volunteer Center, 5444 S Crenshaw Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90043 – Contact Dorothy Carter – (310) 899-84462

View Park/Windsor Hills/Crenshaw Team Host – Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 11am – 2pm

Inglewood Team Host – Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 4pm – 7pm

The Center Room, 3220 West 85th Street, Inglewood, CA 90305 – Contact Jeanne Blaker – (310) 365-1585

Jefferson Park Team Host – Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 4:30pm – 7pm

Vintage Hollywood Club, 4000 Washington Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90018 – Contact George Howard McPhatter – (310) 419-2183

Mid-City Team Host – Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:00pm – 7:00pm

El Rio Bravo Restaurant, 5853 W Washington Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232 – Contact Joni Burns – (323) 574-4851

Inglewood Team Host – Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 2012 3:30pm – 6:30pm

Culver City Team Host – Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 5pm – 8pm

Pamela’s Ponderosa – 3717 Ocean View Ave, Los Angeles CA 90066 – Contact Stephanie Landry – (310) 591-6747

Thank you for your commitment to re-electing President Obama and Democrats up and down the ticket! Look forward to seeing you at one of these events!

Sandi Cook, Regional Field Organizer
    323.927.2057
    SouthlandForObama@gmail.com

Veronica Sanders, Deputy Regional Field Organizer
    323.207.5844
    Veronica1468@sbcglobal.net

May 18, 2012 at 10:31 pm

It’s 8 am here. Too early for a G&T or two ?

May 18, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Love you, Chips! You have made this house our home. Truly a special bond that you have fostered here and I am so happy to be a part of it. Many thanks…and if I’m the 10 millionth person, you can feel free to donate those Santorum buttons to the recycle bin….we can probably get a PBO donation out of the metal….like returning soda cans…..wouldn’t Rick shit to think that PBO made $$$ off his sorry ass?!

18. 68 GGail
    May 18, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Chipsticks – I brought this over from the last thread because – just because!

O.M.G., I’m getting so excited about the odometer turning 10 MILLION tonight for sure. I know I won’t be awake to see it……so here’s my two cents.

CONGRATULATIONS Chipsticks! It couldn’t happen to a better blogger – bar NONE. I know, because I’ve checked out others and found them WANTING. I’ve even seen some blogs who copy new TOD threads, minutes after Chipsticks puts it up. So Chipsticks you stand proudly head and shoulders above the rest.

Well done Chipsticks, Well done. You are loved and respected by us here at TOD. I personally would be lost and ignorant without YOU.

19. 70 joyce
    May 18, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Congrats Chips and family. Although I don’t comment daily, I do visit several times a day to get the real news about our wonderful president. So thank you all for this site.

20. 72 Dudette
    May 18, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Git up and shake yo stuff, people!!

May 18, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Keep this party going! Be back, need to make a store run…..

22. 76 57andfemale
    May 18, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Chips, you reminded me of a funny story: my husband, at 72, has essential tremors. There’s not much that can be done for them but his primary doctor (thank you, Medicare!) wanted him to see a neurologist to see if there was anything new out there. The young doctor discussed medications and alternative therapies like meditation, etc. (nice to hear from a young neurologist — not everything in medicine is expensive, invasive and drugs with side effects. Thank you,Obamacare!). Since my husband has the most trouble when he tries to write the doctor googled on his phone “wide grip pens”. Well, you can imagine what Google thought he meant. He was good natured about it, but lamented that Google now thinks he’s looking to increase the size of body parts, and his spam folder would increase exponentially.

• May 18, 2012 at 10:51 pm

That’s a hoot 57, I’ve often looked up (seemingly) innocent stuff on Google too and got the most, well, mindblowing results. Hope your husband is coping with this?

• 78 57andfemale
        May 18, 2012 at 11:24 pm

he’s doing okay, thanks for asking. he is a clock restorer by profession and he can still do a lot of his work, but not all of it. He’s pretty healthy.

we’ve been self-employed our entire married life (almost 32 years). We’ve lived in and out of Insurance Hell, and if you’ve ever struggled getting insurance and/or being able to keep it and afford it, Medicare is an absolute blessing. To be able to take him to a doctor when he needs to go is a blessed relief to us.

• May 19, 2012 at 12:33 am

I remember when we first got a home computer…. way back when. I was teaching a class on Intimate and Family Relationships — and the students had nearly come to blows over the topic of spanking, child discipline in other words. So I came home and decided to see what the internet had to say about the topic. I wasn’t used to search engines yet. So I typed in “spanking”…

I couldln’t figure it out at first. Leather, chains, whips, oh my……

23. 80 57andfemale
    May 18, 2012 at 10:47 pm

What a milestone, Chips. words cannot express how grateful I am to you for all that you do.

• May 18, 2012 at 10:54 pm

But 57, I keep saying it, if it wasn’t for visitors like you I’d be talking to myself (which I tend to do any way, to be honest). Thanks for everything.

• 82 57andfemale
        May 18, 2012 at 11:26 pm

What a family you have fostered here. You are a blessing to all of us. And yes, it beats throwing a shoe through the TV or muttering to ourselves! It’s an amazing gift you have given us. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

24. 83 Dudette
    May 18, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Here’s a little something in honor of the G8 and NATO Summit

25. May 18, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Cheers for the Chips! Donated enough to get me some of those snazzy buttons, just could not resist those beauties. Oh, by the way, just to be clear—-a santorum is where you go to rest, right? Must be a real fancy resting place too with its own button and all. I’m going to wear them everywhere I go. Everyone will be so impressed!

26. May 18, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Saying good night but not before saying a HUGE “thank you” to Chips. This family keeps me sane and grounded!! Thanks for all your hard work….all the troll jerks you put up with and kick out before we have to be subjected to them. Bless you!!!!!

May 18, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Contrary to the image here that I am on a G&T bender right in the morning, I am actually on road (have been for the past 3 hours). My late dad’s best friend, who crossed 100, passed away y’day night. I am on my way to his funeral.

He was the first industrialist in our district, an uneducated man, who built up a big cotton spinning mill from scratch. My dad, an post graduate electrical engineer, was the second industrialist, who too built up our company from scratch. No wonder both of them hit it off together despite their totally different educational backgrounds.

• 92 Dudette
      May 18, 2012 at 10:58 pm

So sorry to hear of your friend’s passing amk. Wow, a hundred years. Imagine all that he has seen and done. Incredible. Sounds like he lived not only a long life, but a blessed and fruitful one. A life well lived indeed. Sincerest condolences to you and his family. May your happy memories of him and the friendship he shared with your dad bring you some comfort at this time. Here’s a hug for you, dear.{{{amk}}}

• 93 amk for obama
        May 18, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Thanks Duedette. Yes, he lived a full life active till his last day. I am just glad that I could meet him at his 100th b’day and take his blessings. Even at 100, he remembered my dad and me (I was his pet grandson). His two grandsons told me they had not seen him so animated in 3 years till I met him. Guess some memories just don’t fade away.

May 18, 2012 at 11:43 pm

“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”
      ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 96 theo67
      May 19, 2012 at 1:57 am

Travel safely, amk. Take your memories of him along with you.

• 97 amk for obama
        May 19, 2012 at 2:58 am

Thanks theo. Just returned from my friends’ home. Will be going for the Cremation in another 4 hours.

The old man was exactly the same as I met him last time about a coupla months back. He was going to his beloved spinning mill till his last 5 days. !00 years!!! Still he was there in his mill regular as a clock at 8 am sharp. An era has ended and I am very proud to be associated with him in my last 25 years. He was a pillar of strength for me when I lost my dad 18 years back. I will miss him sorely.

28. 98 1jam4pbo
    May 18, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Well deserved Miss Chips. Congratulations and thank you for all that you do.

29. May 18, 2012 at 10:54 pm

A watch pot never boils. I was gone a second or two and I missed it.
    Great milestone Chips!
    Great home for all of us.

30. 100 Dudette
    May 18, 2012 at 11:04 pm

We’re gonna boogie down in Charlotte in September, so why not get an early start?

31. May 18, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Thanks Chips or as they say in Swahili, “Asante Sana”, or in my native language “Apke”. You are a national treasure. i bet Pres. Obama himself might just pop in and be the 10 millionth hit. How cool would that be? He loves you no doubt and will one of these days surprise ya. Cheers!

32. 105 japa21
    May 18, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Comgrats Chips. I will miss the actual milestone, so go ahead, break loose and have a cheesy puff on me.

33. 106 Dudette
    May 18, 2012 at 11:06 pm

This is for you Chica Chips for allowing us to drop “science” all over each other — right here in front of the world. :-D

34. May 18, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Chips,
    I can’t wait til you get 50k, you are a 1/3 of the way there.
    When you hit 50k, and you will, call OFA and tell them you are an official bundler for the Obama Campaign.
    That will be cool.

35. 108 Pamela
    May 18, 2012 at 11:08 pm

For Chips and TOD: “The quality of everything we do: Our physical actions, our verbal actions, even our mental actions, depends on our motivation.” ~ HHDL @DalaiLama 16 May 2012

May 18, 2012 at 11:11 pm

While we party, here’s a pic of our Pres at G-8 dinner :)

37. 113 Dudette
    May 18, 2012 at 11:13 pm

This is for Myth Robmoneyy who thinks there’s a prairie fire going on somewhere. Well Buster, let me tell you something, we didn’t start that fire, but we damn sure are going put it out, despite all your greedy 1% evil machinations. Ssssssssss!

May 18, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Take a look at the third picture of POTUS and I notice how he and Michelle will hold their hands exactly like each other, like he is holding his in that picture.

38. 116 1jam4pbo
    May 18, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Congratulations Miss Chips, Well done. Thank you for all that you do to make this place home to so many of us.

39. May 18, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Oh, WOW, congrats, Chips!! It seems like we are having these big celebration parties quite often these days!!

THANKS for all the incredible energy you put forward every single day for our POTUS!! There ‘s no place like TOD!!

40. 118 GGail
    May 18, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Good west coast night Chipsticks.
    See you on the other side of 10 million Hits :-)

41. 119 Dudette
    May 18, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Wow, 10 million hits. Seems like the time has just flown by. Chips, do you remember …

42. 123 PoliticalJunkessa
    May 18, 2012 at 11:30 pm

10,000,000th!!!!! :-P

Chips, thank you for alllllll you do. Just pitched in $10 in true appreciation. What would we do without TOD? This is the best spot on the internet, by far. *lifts glass* Here’s to TOD and to 4 more for 44!

Now…let’s get CRUNK!

43. 125 Dudette
    May 18, 2012 at 11:37 pm

This one is for MY President — on behalf of FLOTUS, of course ;-)

May 18, 2012 at 11:40 pm

A year ago to this day, what were we up to here at TOD? Check this link for a brief stroll down memory lane! :)

45. 127 Dudette
    May 18, 2012 at 11:44 pm

We’re here to celebrate, yo!
    I came to get down, So get out ya seat and jump around… jump around…. jump around. Jump up, jump up, and get down!!

• 128 Dudette
      May 18, 2012 at 11:47 pm

If that song doesn’t make you move at least one body part, something is just WRONG with you. Okay?

46. 133 Dudette
    May 18, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Strap on the roller skates and slide, slide… slide, baby, slide!

47. 134 Dudette
    May 18, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Getting closer to the big drum roll every minute.

Let’s stay on the skates for just a little bit…

48. 139 mtmarilyn
    May 19, 2012 at 12:08 am

Oh Chips and all TOD family. What a milestone!!!!! I can remember back when, such a short time ago. Chips, you are one very special lady!! Thank you for this place of sanity for all of us. We have so much work to do this year!!! We are going to keep this wonderful family in the White House for 4 more years.

• 140 mtmarilyn
      May 19, 2012 at 12:11 am

Oh and I put my $10 in, can’t wait for the 10,000 buttons. I am helping my daughter in law at their fundraising garage sale for her speech and debate students. While going thru all the stuff I found an etch a sketch. I had to buy it. Not sure what I am going to do with it, but I feel I will be able to use it sometime in the next 5 months.

49. 141 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 12:09 am

Gotta throw in a good line dance for the folks, yo!

50. May 19, 2012 at 12:25 am

Congrats chips on this incredible fun site. This thread was like a walk through the past. Ten million thanks!

51. 148 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 12:26 am

Last sorta slow one… then we’re gonna pump it up

May 19, 2012 at 12:33 am

Shake it! Someone here is going to Brazil! Amazhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG29W_D80Hk&feature=related Loving life!

May 19, 2012 at 12:35 am

Seriously. Not one single G&T for me. Try again:) Amazing Brazilian people, music. Loving life/

• 153 Dudette
        May 19, 2012 at 12:40 am

Oh SNAP!! Okay, okay… I will not compare my body to the ks in the video’s.

Just keeping saying it… “I am strong and powerful, my body is a finely tuned machine… I’m strong and…”

Fuck it, who am I kidding? I can hate those bitches if I want to. CURSES!!! Somebody give me a drink!

53. 155 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 12:35 am

Whut?!!! Dammit!

54. 161 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 12:48 am

Father George is calling…

55. 162 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 12:50 am

Do ya, do ya, do ya… do you love what you feel?

56. 163 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 12:52 am

‘k, I’m startnig to fade… need to take a break. If I can hang until the big number comes, I’ll be back.

If not, peace and love to everybody! See you soon!

Congratulations Chips!!!!

57. 167 Cman
    May 19, 2012 at 12:58 am

Alright joining in

58. 174 donna dem 4 obama
    May 19, 2012 at 1:15 am

Ha! President Obama has on those brown pants and that checkered shirt. I swear this man loves this outfit. :cool: He is so cute and unpretentious.

59. 175 Cman
    May 19, 2012 at 1:21 am

Move ‘Forward’ y’all!

60. 176 Cman
    May 19, 2012 at 1:28 am

Party like it’s 1970…even if your hip don’t work.

61. 180 Cman
    May 19, 2012 at 1:43 am

Oh it’s just getting started!!!

May 19, 2012 at 1:44 am

Would not be a Friday night party without this:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1DDgNCLD84

63. 189 sabreen60
    May 19, 2012 at 2:00 am

Congratulations Chips.
    It’s late and I’m feeling a little sentimental. I use to sing this song to my son when he was little.

The Twelfth of Never – Johnny Mathis

May 19, 2012 at 2:04 am

Seriously, I could post about 500 MJ songs….I won’t, but I could!

65. 196 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 2:19 am

Nice to see the party is still going. Keep doing your thing. I think I need to change my shoes…

May 19, 2012 at 2:27 am

I went to see him with my girlfriend…we were right in front of him at the stage, and I remember that he put the mic in our faces and we were both singing away! Goofy, but fun.

66. 198 theo67
    May 19, 2012 at 2:20 am

It’s not a party without this one. Teena Marie – Square Biz

• 199 Dudette
      May 19, 2012 at 2:30 am

Teenaaaaa!

• 200 lisalovesobama
      May 19, 2012 at 7:29 am

Who’s Teena Marie?

• 201 theo67
        May 19, 2012 at 1:02 pm

This is blasphemy (if you grew up in the 80’s). If you didn’t, she’s an R&B artist who made lots of good music in her day, and broke into the black music scene as a little white girl – and took it by storm. She passed away recently (last year, I think). Her music was legend.

May 19, 2012 at 2:23 am

9,998,994.Sometime in the middle of the night, Chips will reach 10 million visitors. Love to all of you. Thanks for the party tonight:) As usual, it was fun…must try to get some sleep, as company is coming tomorrow, for a week. May be spotty visits from me for the week…but I promise to check in a often as I can…the parentals have NO IDEA about my TOD/internet news/ PBO addiction. I will have to have “the talk” with my dad…about the realities of politics and the facts about Mittliar. He doesn’t have a computer, so he just knows what the MSM tells him. We know how that works out!

Chips, love you. Congratulations for a job well done, and for keeping the family on the path….always forward, with the North Star as our guide. Night all.

68. 207 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 2:28 am

Go Family! Go Family!

69. 211 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 2:39 am

9,999,101 — almost there!

70. 212 vitaminlover
    May 19, 2012 at 2:42 am

OK, here’s the new plan. These 10 million hits will represent the MINIMUM amount of votes that President Obama will defeat Willard by. As the hits keep ticking in this will indicate the number of votes that Obama/Biden will dominate with over and above what they need on November 6, 2012. Sooooo this means a major landslide for our guys! AMEN!!!!

71. 215 theo67
    May 19, 2012 at 2:43 am

We have to have this one – Starpoint: Object of My Desire!

May 19, 2012 at 2:47 am

I’m going, REALLY! But I came across this hilarious Ellen episode with David Beckham and thought of Tally…..THIS is Tally’s belated birthday gift, from all of us:)

• 219 theo67
      May 19, 2012 at 2:51 am

You know you want to keep partying, df… :)

May 19, 2012 at 2:53 am

Well, it’s nearly midnight here and I woke up at 2am last night, then again at 5:30am and got up. Worked all day….I’m tired, but it’s just so close to the 10 million! If I try to go to bed, I’ll just be wondering about it:)

• 221 theo67
          May 19, 2012 at 2:55 am

I think there’s so few of us up, that it won’t turn until the morning.

May 19, 2012 at 3:10 am

amk’s here…and he’s far away. People are all over the world checking this site out ( strangely comforting to me)….hello world! Let’s do this thing so df can get to bed:)

• 223 Dudette
      May 19, 2012 at 3:29 am

Hilarious!!!

May 19, 2012 at 2:49 am

Holy shit. I can’t go to bed now! IT’S SO CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I do when the ball drops in TImes Square!

May 19, 2012 at 2:56 am

9,999,254…..AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This milestone will be reached on May 19, 2012. This is a BFD!

May 19, 2012 at 2:59 am

I think it’s only appropriate.

May 19, 2012 at 3:03 am

China’s Chen Guangcheng ‘set to fly to US’

Go Hillary & Obama team. Just hope the guy doesn’t trash them both on arrival. He better realize it’s a BFD for him personally.

May 19, 2012 at 3:03 am

Righteous.

78. 231 Cman
    May 19, 2012 at 3:08 am

Please post…my stuff is not posting anymore :(

May 19, 2012 at 3:17 am

Smooth. Classic. Still fabulous after all these years.

May 19, 2012 at 3:22 am

Our First Family Anthem!!!

• 236 theo67
      May 19, 2012 at 3:27 am

Desertflower, you were threatening to leave a little while ago, but I see you’re keeping the party going! Good!

81. 237 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 3:30 am

Df is burin’ it up! Go DF!!

82. 238 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 3:32 am

This one goes out to Seamus — lu’ ya dog!

May 19, 2012 at 3:33 am

I know! Now I’m just giddy….one song leads to the next and the next :) You guys may have to jump in here and rescue me from myself.

84. 246 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 3:35 am

This one is for Ann Romney (and by extension her “prankster” husband)

85. 248 theo67
    May 19, 2012 at 3:35 am

This might be a controversial one, but the beat makes me dance.

86. 251 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 3:41 am

This one goes out to the emprogs and professional left baggers. We see right through you bastards!

87. 254 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 3:49 am

I’d like to dedicate this one to Governor O’Dreamy of Maryland!
    [and yes, I know he’s married. It’s a harmless song dedication. Let a sistah have her fantasy, okay?]

May 19, 2012 at 3:59 am

If you have never seen Stevie Wonder in concert, MUST BE ON THE BUCKET LIST!! Incredible.

88. 261 theo67
    May 19, 2012 at 3:58 am

George Michael – Fast Love – one of my favourites

May 19, 2012 at 4:08 am

Never heard that song before. Great song! He’s got such a great voice…something changed with his looks though…his mouth doesn’t look the same or something…what is it?

89. 264 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 3:58 am

Here’s one for FLOTUS or Nancy Pelosi (take your pick) ;-)

90. 265 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 4:01 am

Hillary Clinton — yeh it’s you girl!

91. 267 Mae who love our CIC
    May 19, 2012 at 4:04 am

An awesome place to be. Congratulations !

92. 269 0388jojothecat
    May 19, 2012 at 4:07 am

I am really digging the music…..I wish we were all in the same room so we dance together…….Love yous all……

93. 270 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 4:09 am

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz has a tough job. She walks the tightrope… I see you.

94. 276 theo67
    May 19, 2012 at 4:19 am

9,999,665

95. 281 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 4:25 am

For my favorite Vice President, Joe Biden You be you Mr. VPOTUS. You are not gaffe prone — you say what you mean and I love you for it.

May 19, 2012 at 4:27 am

9,999,747

97. 283 0388jojothecat
    May 19, 2012 at 4:30 am

Someone wake Chips up….she can’t miss this.

May 19, 2012 at 4:34 am

This!

99. 288 theo67
    May 19, 2012 at 4:37 am

Silly video – but absolutely one of my favourites!

100. 289 theo67
    May 19, 2012 at 4:44 am

I think this is my favourite,

101. 290 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 4:45 am

This is for fair weather PBO friends who are really haters — like a certain Huffy woman and those of her ilk.

102. 291 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 4:49 am

9,999,827… and counting

103. 294 0388jojothecat
    May 19, 2012 at 4:52 am

May 19, 2012 at 4:53 am

9,999,827…come on world….mamma has to get some sleep! :) I have to admit, we really did rock it out tonight though:)

105. 302 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 4:59 am

Here’s a love song for Barack and Michelle, who complement each other brilliantly and beautifully! “I shine when you shine, forever-ever!”

106. 306 0388jojothecat
    May 19, 2012 at 5:03 am

My song for President Obama…

107. 308 theo67
    May 19, 2012 at 5:07 am

9,999,914

108. 309 0388jojothecat
    May 19, 2012 at 5:07 am

More R. Kelly….

109. 314 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 5:10 am

This one goes out to Admiral Chips!! You are the Supreme Commander!! Love you!!

May 19, 2012 at 5:12 am

9,999,914…..

111. 316 0388jojothecat
    May 19, 2012 at 5:12 am

112. 317 theo67
    May 19, 2012 at 5:23 am

Here’s one to wake us up!

113. 318 theo67
    May 19, 2012 at 5:27 am

9,999,995

May 19, 2012 at 5:30 am

Holy Moly! The ball’s gonna drop! :)

115. 321 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 5:33 am

OMG!!! It’s coming!!

May 19, 2012 at 5:34 am

My computer is getting really slow…must be from all the videos?

117. 326 0388jojothecat
    May 19, 2012 at 5:36 am

Who’s gonna help clean up? Should we blame Amk?

• 327 theo67
      May 19, 2012 at 5:39 am

Sounds about right. He’s such a trouble-maker.

May 19, 2012 at 5:42 am

No, let’s not blame amk…he had a tough week. I’ll clean up and turn out the lights….

• 329 amk for obama
          May 19, 2012 at 9:03 am

Thank you, df.

theo and jojocat and Dudette – Shame on you. You should have stayed and helped df clean up your mess.

Looks like you guyz a great time y’day night. Chips is gonna be mighty pissed that you trashed her place. :)

• 330 Dudette
      May 19, 2012 at 5:42 am

Yeh, that works for me! :-)

When the heck are these 5 people coming online?

118. 331 0388jojothecat
    May 19, 2012 at 5:44 am

119. 333 theo67
    May 19, 2012 at 5:44 am

It’s at 10,000,144! Where did those people come from?

Congratulations Chipsticks!!!!

120. 334 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 5:45 am

Whomp!! There it IS!!!!! 10 MILLION!!!!! Congratulations Chipsssssss!!! Congratulations TOD Family!!!

121. 336 theo67
    May 19, 2012 at 5:50 am

It’s been great partying with all of you!! I’m heading to bed, now that we’ve witnessed hisory. Catch up with you all tomorrow/today.
    :) :) :)

122. 338 0388jojothecat
    May 19, 2012 at 5:51 am

Well I am going to bed now…..thanks desertflower for cleaning up…..Amk owes you big time. He should be getting up soon.

• 339 theo67
      May 19, 2012 at 5:54 am

Yup, thanks Desertflower for cleaning up, Dudette for master DJ-ing and Jojo for joining the party – and whomever else was dancing silently in the background. See you all at a decent hour.

123. 340 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 5:51 am

This one goes out to everybody in the TOD Family! You’re original, cannot be replaced!!

May 19, 2012 at 5:54 am

Night all…it was so much fun. My computer is getting grouchy now…and slow…..I think that we deserve a beautiful photo for our efforts here tonight….night Dudette, night jojo, night world….Best President ever.

125. 342 Dudette
    May 19, 2012 at 5:59 am

Well folks, I’m whipped! It’s been a blast partying with the nightowl crew! Special shouts to my co-DJs — desertflower, theo, jojo, and pj.
    My heart is full and my soul is on fire! You guys ROCK!!

Hugs and kisses to each and every one of you! Goodnight!

May 19, 2012 at 7:34 am

Gooood Morrrrrning, TODville! Looks like I’m in time to catch the tail end of the clean-up. I feel really buoyed up to notice from a quick glance above that you all had a wonderful time partying….as per usual! :lol: :lol:

So now I’m a member of the 10 Million Club??!!! CONGRATULATIONS CLUB MISTRESS CHIPS!!!

Sometimes words just can’t be found, but it doesn’t mean the feeling isn’t there –

CHIPS CHICA, I know I got lucky the day I wandered through your door and you ACTUALLY, PERSONALLY WELCOMED ME! I’ll never forget that! This was the first blog I’d ever visited where the ‘owner’ did that. The personal touch does it every time – one of the reasons I LOVE my cyber home. :lol: :lol:

10 MILLION +++ THANKS and tons and tons of appreciation for the home you have CREATED, NURTURED, AND PROTECTED all these years!

Hugs & love coming your way. ♥♥♥♥Chips Chica♥♥♥♥ {{{CC}}}

May 19, 2012 at 7:43 am

Oh dearie dear! If you bank with Capital One, have you seen this article?

128. 345 andogriff
    May 19, 2012 at 7:45 am

Fantastic! Congrats on over TEN MILLION hits on this wonderful blog… Ms Chips, you rock, thanks again for all you do! I will donate later today, soon as I get back from food shopping! Love to everyone.

129. 346 andogriff
    May 19, 2012 at 7:47 am

(BTW, I plan to donate a bit more than $10., but will happily pass on the Santorum buttons! : )))

May 19, 2012 at 7:57 am

Congratulations CHIPS on crossing the 10 Million hits overnight!! Special thanks to dudette, df, jojo and Theo for keeping the party going all through the night!!! :) :)

131. May 19, 2012 at 8:00 am

Chinese Dissident and Family leaves for US-

And MSM ignores it. But they had no problem 2 weeks ago, saying this was bad news for Obama!

132. May 19, 2012 at 8:00 am

WOW. I am honored to be a member of this club. Congratulations Chips! And what a wonderful bunch of folks here!!

133. May 19, 2012 at 8:05 am

The President on tv at 9. Yay!

134. May 19, 2012 at 8:09 am

OWS going nuts in Chicago, demanding that they leave poor Al Qaeda alone.
    Jeesh. What a bunch of losers. Seriously!

135. May 19, 2012 at 8:13 am

Good morning-
    I see Msnbc just can’t stop talking about Wright.
    This channel is a joke. A huge conference at Camp David and Chris Hayes starts off his show with Rev Wright?

136. May 19, 2012 at 8:14 am

I’ll quickly shout out my congratulations to as part of this 10M thread before a new one starts…Hooray!!!

137. May 19, 2012 at 8:27 am

Laura Bush has an Op-Ed in Wa-Post stating she is worried about the Afghan Women, if we leave.
    My take, she wants us to stay and is trying to Pander to the Womens vote here!

May 19, 2012 at 8:47 am

Tell Laura Bush and all the conservative women who want to go or send their daughters to Afghan to help the women to please sign up and go, Bush has two daughters send them over there and not some poor or middle class young lady to help the women over there.

138. 356 ber6964
    May 19, 2012 at 8:37 am

I missed the Party ………But sounds like it was a rocking at Chips’ House Last Nite!!
    Congratulations on 10 BIG Ones Chips……………Love All You do!

139. 358 Don
    May 19, 2012 at 8:38 am

I would welcome this Op-Ed with open arms if she would have given a damn about the women of Iraq before her husband invaded it and blew it up.

140. May 19, 2012 at 8:39 am

Haha—-my Chgo daugher just called the squirrels in her neighborhood “terrorists”. They have learned to scale her brick bldg. and wrecked all her newly planted flower pots on her 3rd floor deck, flowers all “depotted” and lying dead and dying, dirt everywhere, obviously the result of selecting those pots for nut burying purposes. I told her she should try to look on the bright side and admire their adaptability and urban skills. She was not yet in bushy tail appreciation mode.

141. May 19, 2012 at 8:39 am

Gov. Robert F. McDonnell signed highly contentious voter identification legislation Friday and, in a move meant to quell concerns that it would disenfranchise some people, ordered elections officials to send new cards to everyone registered in the state.

McDonnell (R) signed a pair of House and Senate bills that will require voters to show identification before their ballots are counted but that also expand the forms of ID acceptable at the polls.

His executive order also directs the State Board of Elections to launch a public education campaign to raise awareness about the need to show identification.

“Open and secure elections are the cornerstone of a free democracy and are essential for citizens to have faith in their government,” McDonnell said in a statement. “Every qualified citizen has the right to cast one vote. Not two votes; not zero votes. It is our duty as a democracy to ensure that is always the case.”

Tweet this to Lis Smith.

142. 361 prettyfoot58
    May 19, 2012 at 8:40 am

Morninggggggggggggg everyone….GM Chipsssssss….

10 million….wowwwwww….

i think that i am coming up on my 1 yr anniversary coming to this blog…..i stumbled here by way of the MrsO blog….and found a cherished place to be…..

i am grateful and honored to be one of the TOD fam….

ps….

i seem to always miss the party at night….i will have to stay up a lil later on Fridays…hahahaha….

pss…

trhe MSM is intent on sowing the seeds of fear among us….by pressing the meme of the RW fears…

These battles in the states and on Capitol…around womens’s health….unions….voting….have reawaken a sleeping populace…it has reminded us that RIGHTS FOUGHT FOR AND WON…..MUST BE DEFENDED…..

the folks on the other side…have an ever pressing agenda …to gut the rights….of all us…

But altho they may seem all powerful….let us keep in mind….they have been defeated in the past…and they will be defeated again…

FORWARD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BECAUSE WE REFUSE TO GO BACK!!!!!

May 19, 2012 at 8:45 am

Chips, I’m hungry! Hurry up with the ‘Rise & Shine’!

• 367 amk for obama
      May 19, 2012 at 9:17 am

:). GM vc. We should turn the tables on her and post that turtle pic with some wise-ass crack.

May 19, 2012 at 8:55 am

Yay. 10 million mark!!! Congrats Everyone.

May 19, 2012 at 9:16 am

Good afternoon, Bud! What’s the weather been like today? ;)

• 370 amk for obama
        May 19, 2012 at 9:21 am

Hot and muggy. To make it better(!!!), I had to attend the funeral of a 100 year old man, who was my late dad’s best friend.

It’s hardly 7 pm here and I’m on my second round of Port Wine already. TOD’er have been warned. !!!

May 19, 2012 at 9:38 am

That’s a fulll life! Rate I’m going, not sure I’ll be here that long.
          Warned, eh? O-kay, I’m going to steer clear.

145. 372 Pamela
    May 19, 2012 at 9:08 am

Chips is resting on her laurels! It was a wonderful, memorable par~tay! :lol:

146. 373 sherijr
    May 19, 2012 at 9:08 am

congratulations on 10 million Chips ~ Outstanding!!

147. May 19, 2012 at 9:13 am

Chips..10 million

THAT ROCKS!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

148. May 19, 2012 at 9:19 am

Congratulations Chips! I can finally donate since I am now retired. I worked in a financial investment company and compliance rules forbade any political donations. Glad to be able to do this now.

149. 376 terim
    May 19, 2012 at 9:22 am

Congrats Chips on 10 million hits!! Will donate!!

150. May 19, 2012 at 9:22 am

Did the President speak yet?

May 19, 2012 at 9:25 am

Chinese activist Chen Guangcheng – who was at the centre of a diplomatic crisis with Washington – is on his way to the United States. The blind activist and his family boarded a flight to Newark, near New York, after being taken from a Beijing hospital to the capital’s airport

He better say he is grateful for what Hillary and Obama did for him.

152. 379 JER
    May 19, 2012 at 9:25 am

The President is speaking now: http://www.whitehouse.gov/live

153. May 19, 2012 at 9:26 am

Soon CNN will be hosting a Fundrsiser for Romney! LOL!

May 19, 2012 at 9:32 am

So ut & LL

Are you ready with your faint pills today ?

I’m betting on the germans, lampard’s chest thumping notwithstanding.

155. May 19, 2012 at 9:34 am

Good morning, TODville!! And another big congrats to Chips and family. Looks like there was a great party here last night but I can hardly get this page to load! New thread, PLEASE!

156. May 19, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Congratulations Ms. Chips. . . I seem to be late all the time as I am always playing “catch up!”
    This is a MUST GO TO site if you need information.
    Great Job on making this site a wonderful serene place to venture.
    Thank you!