Jun

Before I Sleep…..

President Barack Obama greets members of the audience following his remarks at the Honeywell Golden Valley Facility in Golden Valley, Minn., June 1, 2012. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

Helloooooooo everyone.

Before I depart for an extended sleeping session, me being a sleep-loving kind of gal, a few things:

(1) I’m most certainly not the brightest star in the sky (I need a calculator to add 57 + 8 … I’m not kidding), but with the kind assistance of WordPress’s troll-detecting devices I can, with a single click, figure out who’s being a silly billy.

So, to the people trying to post stuff like:

“I’m a long-time lurker and a passionate supporter of President Obama, but ……”

….. you do know you’re logged here already under, oooooooh, several different names? Each one of them expressing no support at all for PBO, just grave ‘concerns’.

Three words: Must. Try. Harder.

eg ‘Legend of Eldorado’ …. you attempted to post your “first” comment yesterday, which was a personal attack on a regular here …. unaware that WordPress’s James Bond-ish troll-detecting devices showed it was about your 10th attempt, under as many names, to post your “first” comment.

:roll:

(2) To those who claimed to be “long time lurkers” and “HUGE” PBO supporters, who chose to finally emerge from their lurkdom yesterday to complain about me shrubbing that pathetic excuse of a man, GWB, I say:

Give me a f**king break!

Seriously, are you kidding me? Absolutely none of the treatment dished out to President Obama over the last three and a half years stirred your juices enough to leave lurkdom and comment in his support …. but an irreverent post about the turd that is Bush energized you?

You know, methinks that says a whole lot more about you than it does about me.

Passionate PBO supporters? Thanks for the laughs.

If you don’t like how things are done here, then click elsewhere – okay? It’s not Blog.gov, so to those ordering me to remove the shrubs from Scumbag Bush’s face, I bare my buttocks in your direction. And trust me, they’re not a pretty sight.

Again, if you don’t like the blog’s disrespectful ‘tone’ towards that contemptible piece of crap, who stole his second term and started an illegal war that cost the lives of hundreds of thousands of innocents, then maybe you need to tune in to GeorgeRocks.com ….. trust me, this place will never be for you. And NO apologies – ever.

(3) To the good folk who’ve attempted to post here for the first time the last few days, there’s a shiny new policy (I’ll update the ‘How Do I Comment Here?’ page asap): no newcomers will be accepted between now and November unless they sign up with longstanding Twitter/Facebook/WordPress accounts that show they’re PBO supporters and not dim-witted Willard-worshipping twats. I have neither the time nor the desire to weed out the trolls.

(4) Today was, maybe, the worst of days. Shitty, crappy, etc. And there’ll be a whole heap of days just like it between now and November.

So, we have two choices:

(a) Give up. Curl up in a ball and die, and prepare for Willard’s inauguration.

or

(b) Take a deep breath, have a gin or three, dust ourselves down, have a good night’s sleep, wake up, and vow to fight back even harder.

I go for (b).

Are you in?

Myra Soukup is, and that’ll do for me:

The President signs Myra Soukup’s framed photo of him at the airport in Minneapolis:

“Dream big Dreams”

219 Responses to “Before I Sleep…..”

June 1, 2012 at 10:55 pm

June 1, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Twice in one day? How can that be? !!! Happy me! Look at the smiles there….

3. 12 Proud Former White House Intern
    June 1, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Love it!

4. 13 lovingandlaughing
    June 1, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Awwww, love that pic with Myra! Go get ‘Em Chips! I have not been posting here much lately, but I look in EVERYDAY! Thank you Chips. I think it is a wise decision about no newcomers between now and November. You’d need to hire 40 full time staff to just weed out the trolls that will no doubt show up!

5. 15 daisydem
    June 1, 2012 at 11:02 pm

You are welcome for the laughs, actually thank you for the laughs. PBO ardent supporter, daisydem!

June 1, 2012 at 11:03 pm

I choose “b”! No question about it…and for the DEMAND yesterday that you take the scrub off the scrub…ROTFLMAO. Honest. That was Hilarious. Jerk. You did good, Chips:)

• 17 Pamela
      June 1, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Me too, well, except for the gin, okay? Gin is very unkind to me, and otherwise, CHIPSTICKS, You ROCK, and we’ve got your back! Now that I have finally stopped laughing over your ingenious artwork yesterday, I commend you to the National Gallery for consideration, you ought to have your own wing, as a tribute to a former president who cannot ever leave this country again for fear of being held accountable, and rightly so, by the rest of the world, who see what many here refuse to see. (here, not meaning TOD) Love you, and thank you, as always! Get some rest, you are vital to the re-election of Obama~Biden 2012!

• 18 0388jojothecat
        June 2, 2012 at 12:52 am

I choose (b) and the Gin on the rocks with a twist of lime.

Chipsticks, you are so funny….Thank you for keeping TOD troll-free. May you and your tushie ward off the crazies.

• 19 miss pat
        June 2, 2012 at 7:10 am

Count miss pat in. I have not been posting, in too much pain but that troll got to me. Move the shrub indeed! If Chips need a nice big ugly butt I can send her a picture of mine to post. That will keep the trolls away.

June 1, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Love you, Chips. We get to see “Chicago”?? You just snuck that in, didn’t you? Please tell me that wasn’t there a second ago…..

8. June 1, 2012 at 11:05 pm

I’m IN 10000% + 1 to infinity. And beyond!!

Chips, I’m so appreciative of the fact that you don’t suffer fools. Thank you very, very, very, very much.

9. 24 oneofthegirls
    June 1, 2012 at 11:05 pm

i always feel protected Chipstick after you alert commenters how you and WordPress are guarding the site for those who truly revere President OBama and will the next 4.5 years of his presidency. Thank YOU, THANK You, THANK YOU

• 25 Cha
      June 2, 2012 at 12:56 am

It is a Blessing not to have to see and deal with the brainwashed minions of the fascists and the brainwashed minions of the pantsonfirebaggers.

Here’s to Oxygen giving shrubs and bushes everywhere And, Mahalos plenty, to Chips covering the death giving bush with them YESTERDAY!

10. June 1, 2012 at 11:06 pm

I ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Chips.

11. 29 4morefor44
    June 1, 2012 at 11:09 pm

righteous rants, ms. chips! a song dedicated to you and the ladies here:

12. June 1, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Love, love it, my dear Chips.

The only thing this does for me is that it makes me eagerly want to work harder for my president. Tomorrow, I do my first voter registration stint, and every Saturday thereafter for a long while. I am weaning myself off ALL the cable jibber jabber and will focus every little time I have between work, here, pushback on twitter and in the streets for President Barack Hussein Obama. When all else fails, he has us. No time to quit now.

I AM IN!!……for the looooooooooooooooooooooooong haul.

Sleep well, Chips and all the wonderful people here. Tomorrow we begin a new day, a new fight.

• 31 jackiegrumbacher
      June 2, 2012 at 7:26 am

Africa, good luck with the voter registration. Getting rid of the cable jibber jabber is a healthy move and will give you new energy. This is what we have to do–keep working, keep focused, keep moving forward and not let anything –most especially not GOP anythings—drag our spirits down.

13. 33 japa21
    June 1, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I can’t go with b. amk’s the gin person. However, if you substitute a good 15 year old scotch, then I’ll join you.

June 1, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Have what you will…you’re in! PS. I like the gin and tonic myself:)

• 35 amk for obama
      June 1, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Heh, no need to be nasty, you whiskey gulping person. G&T rulez.

• 38 yardarm756
      June 2, 2012 at 1:10 am

I’m in too. I’ll drink whatever there is the most of but I prefer Jack Daniels or a tot o’ Jamaican rhum! All ahead flank……:-)

• 39 nathkatun7
      June 2, 2012 at 3:10 am

I am with you Japa2!, There is nothing so delicious as a shot of a 15 year old single malt scotch! Absolutely nothing! Many in my family are into Cognac, but for me It’s a shot of aged scotch, sipped and savored slowly, that does it. Any way, I am still in for “b” because gin and tonic with a twist of lime, on a hot summer day, is still pretty good.

• June 2, 2012 at 7:14 am

I prefer Berenburg.

14. June 1, 2012 at 11:15 pm

After a big speech in Minnesota and a gazillion fundraisers in Chicago tonight, PBO has just arrived at his home in Chicago for the night.
    Sleep well, POTUS. We have your back.

• June 2, 2012 at 12:04 am

Nice.

I’m in! Thanks for keeping watch, Chipsticks. This is a haven. I only realized yesterday how much I was dreading seeing Bush and his cronies in the White House, until I let out a sigh when I saw the artwork over his face. What a relief!

• 43 Walking_on_ Sunshine
      June 2, 2012 at 12:20 am

I’m so glad he’s getting some rest. I wonder how it feels for him to be back in his Chicago house. I hope it’s a good refreshing sleep followed by a restful weekend.

• 44 jackiegrumbacher
        June 2, 2012 at 7:29 am

I wondered the same thing, WOS. Of course, with SS people everywhere, it’s not exactly a “natural” homecoming and he doesn’t have his family to snuggle up with, but home is home, no matter what.

June 1, 2012 at 11:15 pm

have a gin or three,

I AM IN. (buttocks or not)

Now to show off my new blogging skillz, this my FF to troolz

¡ ¢ £ ¤ ¥ § © ® ¶ ¿ off

16. 46 Elly in Maryland
    June 1, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Yes, today was one of those awful days, and I felt like a human dark cloud all day. But that comes with the territory. I remember in 2007-2008, with quite a few dark days, the words of Congressman Elijah Cummings to our Maryland Obama group always stayed with me – the job of leaders, of true supporters, is to rally the troops when things are down. President Obama and then-Senator Obama have had some bad times, but we are there for him and we will keep fighting. Fight that turd Karl Rove and his billion dollars.

The last two weekends I have worked at big community fairs, doing outreach for PBO. Quite a few people said, “aw, he’s gonna win, I’m not worried, he doesn’t need my help.” I’m glad they are confident but I told them how we had to run like we were 5 points down. Maybe a down day will mobilize some of them???

• 47 jackiegrumbacher
      June 2, 2012 at 7:32 am

Elly, I don’t know what it was like in MD, but we here we got torrential (and I mean torrential) rains, flooding and dire warnings of tornadoes. It was all very ominous, dark and wet. But this morning, the sun is shining, the air is clear and it’s a bright day to pull up our socks and go out working for our president.

17. 48 terim
    June 1, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Thanks, Chips. Sleep well!

June 1, 2012 at 11:33 pm

So the fifth consecutive spelling bee champion is an indian american ?

No need to thank me. I just did my job. Loot at mitt, my proud student.

June 1, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Yes, congratulations. Smart kid….Hell, Mitt can’t even spell America for goodness sakes!

• 51 amk for obama
        June 1, 2012 at 11:47 pm

That’s why he is my bestest studnet evah.

• June 2, 2012 at 7:17 am

It amazes me that after two full days of laughing about “Amercia”, nobody came up with the reason why it was misspelled.

To me it’s obvious – Mitt outsourced this job to … wait for it … India :-) /snark

• 53 nathkatun7
      June 2, 2012 at 4:11 am

Go figure: an Indian American can spell better in English than the so called “Real Americans” that Sarah Palin and Willard Mitt Romney are so fond of talking about! Now let’s hope that the right wingers don’t start claiming that somebody, in advance, stole the words for her (may be amk for Obama) in order to make the “Real Americans” look bad. Don’t be surprised if Congressman Issa launches a Congressional investigation to find out if the Obama administration conspired to allow an Indian American (who looks likes she might be a child of illegals) to win a spelling bee, at the expense of “Real American” boys and girls.

Be careful amk, because your statement may be misconstrued and used as proof of yet another Obama international conspiracy to destroy America. Then of course we will be treated to the the FOX exclusive, on the Sean Hannity show, where the main guest, will be Governor Sarah Palin. Palin will cry out loud pointing out that in the good old U.S.A. nothing is sacred anymore when “Real Americans” kids are prevented from winning a spelling bee because Obama’s hates America and white people. By the time this story hits right wing Radio there is no telling where it would go…. I can visualize Rush Limbaugh talking loudly, while shaking and moving, and authoritatively informing his listeners/supporters that there is absolutely no way an Indian American, whose roots are from India, could have won a spelling bee. Rush would of course make fun of the way Indians speak english and then, while LOL, point out also that not even the “Red Indian,” or the the black or Hispanic, who are all benefiting from affirmative action preferential treatment, could have won a spelling bee over real caucasian Americans. Except, of course, if this was yet another of Obama plan to destroy the America.

Any way, AMK, for me I was so proud of the champion who spelled a word that I absolutely would have spelled wrong.

19. 54 Necie4010
    June 1, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Hey, Everyone! just dropped by to say hello, I have not posted in a while been out campaigning and WORKING! Just wanted to say be encouraged, the darkest hour is always just before the dawn! Mittstakes Wrongney will not win, he has no class, no decency and no commonsense. We have the best of the best man fighting for this Nation, and we cannot become discouraged by what we see, hear, and read in the pages of the news media, or on the screens of out teevees, they want us to STOP fighting, they want us to give up….but we are so much better than that, WE ARE OBAMA SUPPORTERS and we MOVE FORWARD!!! Just had to come here and say that to my TOD Sisters and Brothers. I have a 4 am work call and here in Ohio it is 11:30. Love all of my family here, even when I do not get to come and post too often. Be blessed everyone and hold on to those hats, we have a fight acoming! Obama/Biden 2012….For the Future WE DESERVE!!!!

• 55 jackiegrumbacher
      June 2, 2012 at 7:35 am

Amen, Necie, they DO want us to stop fighting, but they don’t know us. We get stronger, not weaker, the the uglier they get.

20. 56 carolyn
    June 1, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Two words: Bravo Chipsticks!
    I couldn’t believe someone was upset about that shrub! I thought it was deliciously clever, and if I never have to see that face again, I’ll be very happy!
    I, too, remember several days four years ago when I thought “Oh this is it….” I was wrong every time, and learned not to let the small day long bumps destroy me. We all have to do that this time. Hand wringing won’t win, but work will, as noted above. Remember it wasn’t until June last year that we knew PBO would, for sure, be the nominee. We all worked hard then, and more people will be working hard this time. I truly belive the differences between the two men and their care about the country and our lives is becoming clearer to more people. Our work is to make sure that difference is seen clearly and felt deeply.

21. 57 Mae who love our CIC
    June 1, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Yes, we must be like Myra, just loving and trusting our President because he is not hesitating one second to work hard for all of us, even for the ones who are too blind, selfish, hateful and stubborn to love him back.

The best pic of today was the shythead Rove who is still creating and executing havoc on the American people. Should have covered his entire body with it.

We will prevail. Forward!

22. 58 Walking_on_ Sunshine
    June 1, 2012 at 11:50 pm

I love that first photo of the lady screaming with pleasure! Has there ever been a President before that sets women off screaming when he shakes there hands? I love to see this!

23. 60 purpleshoesla
    June 1, 2012 at 11:53 pm

What ho TOD peeps. I just heard a line in a song from the SMASH tv show and it seemed rather apropos for today’s (and surely future bad days) sturm und drang and it goes like this:

NEVER LET A BAD DAY BE ENOUGH TO GO AND TALK YOU INTO GIVING UP… HOLD ON (or maybe that should be PRESS ON !!!)

I’m adopting it as my new mantra. Inhale, exhale, WOOSAH. Let’s all do our collective primal scream and then get back in the game. We’ve got a re-election to win for our illustrious Prez along with a Democratic Congress. Otay Spanky? Otay!

Thank you Ms. Chips (AGAIN) for all you do here at TOD. I AM ABSO-EFFING-LUTELY AND RESOLUTELY IN. No gin for me, thanks, just a nice glass of Pinot Noir. Fais de beaux reves!

June 2, 2012 at 12:00 am

Nice to see you, purpleshoes:) Where ya been?!

• 62 purpleshoesla
        June 2, 2012 at 1:22 am

[In my best imitation of Ms. Chips]: Helloooooooooooooo DF ! *waving both hands*

How you be? I’ve been around most of the time, but usually late in the evening. So I’ve missed the rollercoaster rides on some of the recent dustups here. Not to mention the last TOD par-tay where you and Dudette were in rare form! :smile: I’ve been phonebanking like a MOFO over the past month or so. The “start packing”, “it’s our turn” comments by Mittens & his Stepford Dressage Horse wife kicked my rage into a whole ‘nother level. The entitlement attitude of those two is beyond the pale. Doing more volunteering provides a way to channel that rage productively instead of me screaming all over Ms. Chips’ site. :smile: Sending positive energy to you and your husband that something wonderful materializes full time on the employment front. My purple dancing shoes are dusted off and ready for the next TOD house party….Be well!

24. 64 ladyvader
    June 1, 2012 at 11:57 pm

This! This! and Like This to the 10,000,000 power. I don’t come to this website for doom and gloom. I come to get away from the vitriol that is causing my blood pressure to go up. Chips, you keep up the good work baby and tod’ers don’t let ‘em get you down…

25. June 1, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Thank you Miss Chips for protecting us from all the evil out there and allowing us the space to enjoy each other and our special someone President Barack Obama and his wonderful family. I am starting on my first glass of Jamaica Rum Cream. Cheers!

June 2, 2012 at 12:02 am

Would take a lot to take me away from my beloved gin and tonic…but what’s Rum Cream?

• 67 1jam4pbo
        June 2, 2012 at 2:09 am

Hi Desertflower, Rum Cream is similiar to Baileys Irish Cream with Jamaican Rum instead of Whiskey. Very smooth and deliciously sinful. LOL. I think 2 is enough already. Good night all see you tomorrow.

• 69 Smoothscotch
      June 2, 2012 at 1:10 am

Hi guys, I know it’s late but just signed in to see what’s happening.

….1jamr, how do you make that?! Sounds good.

Ms Chipsticks, BRAVO…if anyone doesn’t like your rules, screw them go someplace else.
      There’s always been suspicion there were spies, they just proved it.

26. 70 FoxfireTX
    June 2, 2012 at 12:03 am

Good for you Chips on the new policy. Actually, it was not that bad of a day for me, perhaps because I turned off the TV as soon as the jobs numbers came out and never turned it back on:-) More than anything for me, it was a feeling of sadness. PBO has worked so damned freaking hard to turn things around and seems to be blocked on so many fronts. I did not expect this report to be good but based on where things looked to be in April I really expected a good bounce somewhere in these next few months. Still hoping. In any event, nothing to do but work harder. The thought of a Romney presidency scares me more every day. Hosting my grandon’s first birthday party tomorrow so a great weekend to everyone! And make sure to shut the tube off for the morning shows both Saturday and Sunday. Mine is not coming back on for awhile.

• June 2, 2012 at 12:12 am

Hi Foxfire, good to see you back after such a long time. Regarding your comeback post earlier today (!!), I didn’t think PBO “sounded discouraged”, just tired. But any way, nice to see you return on such a difficult day ;-)

• 72 yardarm756
        June 2, 2012 at 1:24 am

Few men are willing to brave the disapproval of their fellows, the censure of their colleagues, the wrath of their society. Moral courage is a rarer commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence. Yet it is the one essential, vital quality of those who seek to change a world which yields most painfully to change.
        Ernest Hemingway , A Farewell to Arms, 1929

I stand with you Admiral. Sorry for my funky attitude yesterday. :oops:

27. 73 Walking_on_ Sunshine
    June 2, 2012 at 12:10 am

Just read the post about the people complaining about you calling GWB “shrub”. I wanted to second what you said Chips. Thousands of people died in an illegal war against the wrong country because of that man. Many of the dead were children. They sure didn’t have anything to do with the 9/11 attacks. Many of the dead were American soldiers doing their duty. I can guess who these lurkers are and they are the people who consider invading the wrong county “close enough” because “they’re all the same over there”. Yes. I’ve heard this crap before and I know how they think. That thinking represents everything that is wrong with this world.
    I would call him worse than shrub. I would call him a murderer and a weak man who let his VP take over the Presidency and set up his rich buddies in the war business where they could profit from the misery and suffering of countless people. All the while ignoring the real enemy. It took Barack Obama to come along and bring the real culprit of 9/11 to justice.
    GWB was a failure of huge proportions and this President is a hero. Nothing can change that basic truth.

28. 74 carla4obama
    June 2, 2012 at 12:12 am

Thank you Chips. My only comment regarding the bush (aka shrub)…well…it made the shrub look bad. If I was a shrub…heck I’d be pissed off!
    Today was not a good day,…… Can I also so how much I cannot stand Bill Clinton. Remember how he said Todd Palin was a nice guy too. I do wish Hillary would put a sock in his calculating,eviserating, ego driven mouth. I do believ his ego wants to keep history as he being the only democrat to win re-election since FDR. Bill is out for Bill, he does not have our Presidents back, except to put a knife in it.

• 75 0388jojothecat
      June 2, 2012 at 1:04 am

If I were Chips, I would watch my back……I bet huge shrubs of all shapes and sizes following her down the street, lurking around every corner, in front of houses, shaking their leaves at her, wresling in the wind as she passes and DON’T PARK NEXT TO ONE or your car will be covered with branchs and scratches.

29. June 2, 2012 at 12:13 am

Thanks, Chips! For this site and for not taking no junk offa nobody! Love it, and I hope never to be on your bad side!!!

• 77 No Child Left Behind
      June 2, 2012 at 12:23 am

I agree with your newest post “before I sleep”. I don’t write often but read all you posts. I am 100% with you for the “shrub” comment. We are in this mess thanks to his policies: deregulations, tax cuts for the multi-rich, 2 wars, etc.

I believe there is always a better day tomorrow. Today was almost ruined with the job market. No surprise if one remembers that the right wing of Congress did everything they could to stall growth and job creation. We need to get the republicans out of the House and diminished in the Senate.

Let’s keep the faith. I support my President and will for ever.

June 2, 2012 at 12:13 am

Thank You Chips for all that you do and then some to keep this place sane :)

31. June 2, 2012 at 12:26 am

Hey Chips & TOD, Funny note. I’m In, although I don’t post a lot; I do lurk off & on throughout the day. Not new though. This was a trying day & I fear I spent too much time on twitter providing constructive criticism to msnbc today heh I’m thinking about getting a another Twitter account just for days like today.

32. 80 Liberal Librarian
    June 2, 2012 at 12:30 am

Hey everyone.

Wrote a bit of a rant for TPV. Should be up tomorrow. My main thesis? “Americans need to grow the fuck up.”

June 2, 2012 at 12:46 am

Amen to that, brother! Entitled snotty nosed brats, some of them. Ah! The TRUE leeches of society…

33. 82 kasai
    June 2, 2012 at 12:38 am

~BO We GOT YOUR BACK! 4mo’ for BO

((((((((CHIPS)))) We also Got Your Back…cause you have ours…..I can thank you enough for giving us this place to come home to

We are ready to fight…I will be volunteering this weekend:)

We Got your Back Mr. President!!! We Are more than fired Up and Ready to Roll…March on…To get you re=elected!

34. June 2, 2012 at 12:39 am

35. June 2, 2012 at 12:40 am

36. 87 Ahero62
    June 2, 2012 at 12:51 am

Thank you Chips for having the words to say what I was thinking! Nobody has endured more disrespect than PBO and he keeps on smiling and keeps on going. There will be many days like today when the news is not good for us but we cannot let up, we cannot be of faint heart, we should not have a defeatist attitude. We should keep on working hard for PBO in any way we can and above all we have to believe, trully believe that we are going to WIN! We can’t let them bring us down, we just can’t.

37. 88 globalcitizenlinda
    June 2, 2012 at 12:51 am

Chips, you probably have no real idea about HOW VERY important you are and how very much appreciative we are of this site. so many times you have picked the bulk of your TOD family up when we were so down.Many of us have attempted to thank you over the months but even that seem inadequate at times.

this morning when I heard the very poor job’s report i knew the hatemongers will be rejoicing so I severely limited what I watched. sure there will be bad days ahead but we will win in the end

I am determined to do my part to contribute to an PBO win this Nov 6

38. 89 hgerhard
    June 2, 2012 at 12:55 am

Good night, TOD family -it’s after midnight here and time for me to turn in. Tomorrow I’ll be at the MA State convention – hoping for a good outcome for U.S. Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren. I’m an Alternate, but I’m certain that I’ll be able to vote. At least one of the female delegates won’t be attending and that opens the door for me. Today was disappointing, but I don’t think that most people blame the President for the slowdown in the recovery. If anyone is to blame, it’s the GObstructionist Party refusing to even debate essential parts of the American Jobs Act. But the main problem is the global economy, especially the Eurozone. It’s very interesting to note that the American auto industry continues to thrive – and that’s a real result of Obama economics. It breaks my heart to see the President so tired from working so hard, getting neither recognition nor cooperation from those determined to undermine his efforts, and still maintain a positive attitude and hold fast to his vision of a country where every single individual has a chance to succeed. No matter what the next jobs report shows – he will continue to explore every possible avenue to economic growth and press on with or without help from Congress. He is counting on us to spread the truth about his record and his agenda for his second term, to engage our neighbors and keep hope alive. I know you will all stand with him and together we will win a great victory in November. And thank you, Chips, for making this site a home for true supporters to come together and share our thoughts and dreams.

• 90 amk for obama
      June 2, 2012 at 1:27 am

well said. If I were him, I would have given up and gone to himalayas. The man’s cheerfulness and the willingness to completely overlook vile personal attacks is amazing.

39. 91 vitaminlover
    June 2, 2012 at 12:57 am

I love my President-yesI do. I love my President and Vice President Biden too. I love my President yes I do. ‘Cause I know that he getting re-elected too!

40. 92 taiping1
    June 2, 2012 at 12:58 am

Thanks Chips for running a tight ship. It’s always heartening to go back and read Plouffe’s book. PBO is at his best when the going gets rough. He rises to the occasion. People will realize that the GOP is the party of greed and obstruction. He had a large lead in the CNN poll on who cares for ordinary people. The message is getting through. I don’t think people are stupid and am confident, as is our president, that nothing can stop millions of voices calling for change. I will be signing up for all the phone banks on my dashboard when I am not working and donating frequently. Just think, if the 25 million Facebook or 15 million tweeps following donated a dollar each day that Romney lied that would be close to $2 billion!

41. June 2, 2012 at 1:00 am

Chips,
    I agree. There is no room for doubt. We have to elect this man, Otherwise I will have to relocate to a new country. We should relish the thought of being alive to fight another day. Willard wants tp win by ant means necessary and we have to stop him by voting enmass even as they attempt to cheat with diebold machines. Goebbels new how to excite the masses via propaganda and our MSM is that. The fourth estate died in 2001.
    Cheers

42. June 2, 2012 at 1:02 am

Right on, love the tough love, it cracks me up. I check in every day and I honestly cannot believe that anyone thinks Mitt Romney is better than Obama. I also can’t believe that 99% of the people of America aren’t thanking their lucky stars our ship is being guided by such a smart and savvy captain. Have no idea why I went into a sailing metaphor, LOL!

June 2, 2012 at 1:08 am

Anyone seen this website? http://www.4thestate.net/

I thought of Bobfr…..

June 2, 2012 at 1:13 am

When discussing the economy, Romney and his campaign staff emphasize the failures of Barack Obama as evidence by the frequent use of the words “president” and “Obama”. Other negative words such as “unemployment”, “failed” and “lost” were used very frequently. The overwhelming use of negative words shows how the Romney’s campaign strategy is to criticize Obama’s failures rather than sell Romney’s ability to fix the economy.

snip/

Contrary to the Romney campaign word cloud, the Obama campaign doesn’t have a few words that overwhelm the cloud. The Obama campaign’s focus on the middle class is evidenced by their frequent use of the words “middle”, “class”, “fair”, “people” and “everybody”. They also have a few positive words that show their strategy to send the message that the economy is improving. The words “created”, “new” and “better” exemplify this positive strategy.

as for Romney, that “strategy” of criticizing PBO and NOT SELLING HIS OWN ABILITY TO FIX THE ECONOMY….will not work for him in the long run. AT ALL. People want to know what HIS SOLUTIONS would be…this is not going to cut it.

45. 104 Smoothscotch
    June 2, 2012 at 1:19 am

There were still 69,000 jobs. That’s more people employed. STIll GOOD NEWS!!!

46. 106 Smoothscotch
    June 2, 2012 at 1:21 am

Have a good night everyone.

47. June 2, 2012 at 2:21 am

Ms. Chips, no offense, but you’re wrong. Shrub stole his first AND second terms. ;)

48. 108 Obamaperson
    June 2, 2012 at 2:24 am

I’m in.

49. 109 overseasgranny
    June 2, 2012 at 2:48 am

Chips, If you want to put a whole forest of shrubs over that economy-destroying, war criminal’s face, you go right ahead. If I never see that smirking puss again, I will be quite happy.

• 110 susanne
      June 2, 2012 at 4:56 am

granny, you’re so right! at first i was afraid i’d have to look at gwb’s putrid face in order to see pix of our president and first lady. thank heaven our chips covered that mess up, like a perfect hostess! i know anger and outrage are bad for my blood pressure, and it just makes me crazy to think what that man did to our country. so thank you again , chips.

• 111 obamagran12
        June 2, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I am really no tech! Just figured out how to reply to a particular blog, I was going all the way to the end to answer. Chips can also put Karl Rove’s load on Robney anytime, because seeing his weasel face makes me sick!

50. 112 Bill R.
    June 2, 2012 at 3:12 am

Thanks, Chips. Do whatever you need to do, to make this a sanctuary of support for our President. That includes calling people out who want to come here to fear-monger or to wring their hands, or waste energy and time complaining about the meanies. PBO gives a good example of what it means to be a mature adult and meet the world as it is, and now how we might wish it to be. So let’s wipe our shoes and leave our angst at the door.

51. 113 anniebella
    June 2, 2012 at 3:19 am

OBAMA/BIDEN 2012

52. 114 peti4-44
    June 2, 2012 at 3:25 am

Oh no no no, giving up is certainly NOT an option. Not at all. We all know, that PBO is not responsible for these bad job dates. He would have created millions of jobs, if GOP hadn´t been blocking that for months. He pushes on Europe to give up austerity plans and he works on getting less dependant on foreign oil…will say: he prepares for the future…the long term prospects. The others just plan until Nov. It is just necessary to make that point clear to every voter, who might be wavering and especially to those, who think about staying away from the polls, because they think, things don´t change anyway. Inauguration 2009 was such a wonderful historic moment and PBO hat been doing such a great job every day since, I just can´t bear the thought, that he might end up as a one-term President. That would be so cruel and highly unfair….and therefore it will not happen. I´m sure and confident and optimistic. Maybe it´s good the way it is…if he had a 10 or 15 point lead over Romney right now, that would be dangerous as well. As it is right now, adrenalin is high, everybody is highly concentrated, less mistakes happen and after all..the best wins are those that come after a long and hard fight. Every country gets the President it deserves….I hope, America deserves President Obama!

53. 115 ChristiMTL
    June 2, 2012 at 3:44 am

I was thinking about the Clinton thing earlier….I always have a tendency to turn situations around….to look at something from the other side to give me a better perspective.

The lack of respect towards the President from way too many on the left is a fact, especially from the Clintonites….there’s so many examples.

I was thinking about Clinton’s comment about Donald Trump…”I like him, I love to play golf with him”….

The proper response would have been: This is blatant racism, his comments are outrageous…….period.

It’s like these people don’t stop and think that the President is not a robot, that he can get hurt I’m sure, he has feelings….I know that the President is strong and has a strength of character that not many have…but still…..it’s very troubling to me the way this great man has been treated.

So I was thinking….what if the situation was reverse…..I can take Donald Trump as an example because he has a big mouth and he’s often on tv…..and I’ll take his wife as an example since she SOS and works in the administration…what if he wasn’t a racist but hated Hillary Clinton with a passion, the way he hates the President.

So let’s say he would have been going on and on for 3 years plus about how Hillary Clinton was a total disaster as SOS, the worst SOS in history and for conspiracy theory to equate the birther thing…..he would have said for 3 years that Vince Foster didn’t kill himself and that he and his wife had something to do with his death and that it was a giant cover-up…that it should be investigated again, and on and on….every time he would be on tv he would make this outrageous accusation about them…

How would he had felt if President Obama would have said about Trump: Oh I like him, I love to play golf with him.

For me it’s extremely disgusting the lack of support and respect the President get from too many of these so called allies.

To dismiss the impact of what Trump say is wrong….to think that nobody pay attention to him is wrong….he is feeding the hatred towards the President….way too many racist haters out there are paying attention……it’s just so wrong…if someone need convincing, they just have to read some of the comments out there in blogs….it’s scary.

President Obama deserves so much better……

• 116 peti4-44
      June 2, 2012 at 4:15 am

..well said!…and I adore PBO for always staying calm, facing these insulting comments. He does not strike back with the same ugly and dirty means. He still treats his opponents with respect…he has so much class!

• 117 obamagran12
        June 2, 2012 at 5:32 pm

I agree ChristiM and Peti4. Sometimes I wish he would strike back, but I am not half the person that he is !

• 118 Bill
      June 2, 2012 at 7:03 am

Great point about Clinton and Trump. It really makes one wonder about Clinton if he enjoys spending time with the “bloviating ignoramous” when he could spend time with anyone in the world he wished.

54. 119 Michele
    June 2, 2012 at 5:40 am

Dear Chips, and I hope you remove people who are also long time on this blog who go into consecutive winning, complaining, and doubting until after Nov as well.. I personally chose not to read the majority of comments today at work because I knew that people would repeat the same views of naysayers…

55. 120 andogriff
    June 2, 2012 at 6:25 am

Dearest Ms Chips!! I WILL TAKE “b”!!! Thank you SO much for all you do for PBO, for this wonderful blog, and for all of us who are ardent supporters of the best president we have ever had! It is just a mystery to me how almost half of the country can be so ignorant, so racist, or just plain so uninformed that they can’t see how incredible he is! As someone said above… at least we have had job GAINS this month! So what if they were not exactly what the “experts” were predicting?? And as Steve Benen said yesterday, if the AJA had been passed by those goons in Congress, we would be seeing thousands of new job openings now. Thank you for dealing with the trolls, we had a terrible time with some of them on OFA in 2008, ugh! PBO is a saint for what he has had to deal with on our behalf… and so are you!

56. 121 nabsentia23
    June 2, 2012 at 6:42 am

I don’t post here that often, but I just wanted to say two things:

1) Bad days always happen in politics. It’s part of the landscape. It’s just a question of getting back into the game and fighting another day. It’s more about how you overcome and handle a low point in a campaign and not if it’s coming (because it will).

2) If trolls are going through all this trouble to come on here and negative things against Obama then it’s clear your doing something right, Chipstick. Stay strong. I heavily rely on this website to counteract the BS I see and hear about Obama elsewhere. Thank you!

57. 123 Diane
    June 2, 2012 at 6:49 am

Top of the morning Chips! I am so glad I delurked before the new policy so I can add my two cents occasionally. I love this place. I love the work and heart everyone puts into re-electing our wonderful President and there is no but…where I now try to trash everyone’s efforts. I am forever thankful for your work Chips. You are a true gem and I appreciate your efforts to keep this place positive and informative. Thank you to everyone for contributing and making this place so vibrant and cutting edge. I will skip the gins, but will crank up the blender for a large margarita on the bad days, I will pray earnestly for our first family on ALL days, and I stand with all of you today and through November to keep our wonderful POTUS and FLOTUS in the WH. Have a great day TOD friends.

58. 124 geeja
    June 2, 2012 at 7:17 am

Thank you Chips for providing and protecting this site. We are in it to win it!

59. 125 Linda
    June 2, 2012 at 7:24 am

Good Morning Everyone. I found this fascinating since we see quite a few of these people given plenty of air time on Network and Cable..but no one ever points out they are listed coming from hate groups.

Our media is a complete failure and we need to keep that in mind when we watch them.

SPLC Intelligence Report Profiles 30 Leaders of the Rising Radical Right

here is the direct link to the names……all to common on the News

30 New Activists Heading Up the Radical Right

60. 126 andogriff
    June 2, 2012 at 7:25 am

BTW, I loved the pictures of PBO with Myra, just brilliant! And I prefer scotch over gin, but anything will do. Forward!

June 2, 2012 at 7:28 am

62. June 2, 2012 at 7:43 am

From the comments at smartypants:

Update: I 100% endorse this comment from Pyro Joe:

Honestly? The job’s report doesn’t irritate me nearly as much as the reaction to it. I am so goddamn tired of our side going into a full hand ringing, depressive meltdown the moment a single thing goes even slightly pear shaped.

We’ve done it over healthcare, taxes, the wars, the stimulus, the environment, the economy. We’ve done it over EVERYTHING. And you know what good it does? NOTHING! It doesn’t do a single goddamn thing to fix things we don’t like. Armchair quarterbacking and planning your flight to Mexico/Brazil/South Korea/Wherever isn’t going to fix a single thing.

And on that note, do you know what makes Barack Obama such a great President? He doesn’t do this crap. He doesn’t give up, he doesn’t wring his hands and collapse into a fetal position under the Oval Office Desk. He’s a level headed man who, as I type this, is probably meeting with economic advisers and campaign staff, working out strategies and floating around ideas to win this election and improve this economy.

So what can YOU do, Mr. or Mrs Frets-a-lot? How about this: stop it. It isn’t constructive, it doesn’t have any tangible benefit, and it probably actually harms the causes you care so much about in the long run by depressing people who might actually support you. Volunteer, GOTV, canvas, phone bank, fact check, post pictures of baby animals. I don’t care what it is you do as long as its constructive.

This election is far from over, so stop acting like it is and pull your ass into high gear. We’ve got a country to save.

• June 2, 2012 at 7:55 am

I concur that this blog is tremendous . I learn so much from everyone. While I don’t comment much, I read everything. While the jobs report wasn’t the greatest, the media acted like we had lost 300,000 jobs. The headlines were ridiculous. If the reports were analyzed correctly, mention would have been made of repub. obstructionism and Europe’s issues. As far as dems going off issue like Clinton. I think most people realize Clinton is always for Clinton first. There are dems in NJ who are in bed with Christie to serve their own power trip. President Obama is a special breed of politician and we need to work like crazy to reelect him.

63. 131 Ceb
    June 2, 2012 at 7:55 am

Thanks so much Chips for being our warrior princess and defender of the realm. I could not take it if I logged on here and saw the site infected with the hate and rancor that fills so many other places on the web. You help to make us stronger to fight the good fight with knowledge and the fellowship of like minded supporters. I do not participate as much as others, but I have been here everyday since you opened the doors. To know that there are so many smart, funny, diverse, active supporters and admirers of the First Family and the administration encourages me to continue to fight the good fight. I hope that we are able to encourage you as well as you wade through the ugliness so that we do not have to.

I shake my head in disbelief that some had the gall to complain about harmless shrubs on W’s face when he has done so much harm to millions and our president, who has worked without ceasing to heal us had to suffer the slings and arrows from those who are so beneath him in character, intelligence and effectiveness. Again, dear Chips, please accept mt deepest gratitude for all that you do.

64. 135 Hachikō
    June 2, 2012 at 8:08 am

“…dim-witted Willard-worshipping twats. ” Haha! Well I never! Why, Miss Chip, I never knew your vocabulary was so…what shall we say…hmmm…colorful! LOL. I love your spirit.

So yesterday was a hair-on-fire day for Dems, huh? So glad I was out doing something meaningful, like canvassing for Democrat Megan Rochelo up here in Maine that doesn’t seem to understand the concept of SUMMER. Warm the hell up already! ;-)

Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

June 2, 2012 at 9:58 am

:) I caught that “colorful” language and LOL! She says what she means…I thought that was the PERFECT word choice! Did you look into that EPIC trainer job by chance? What’s happening on the homefront?

June 2, 2012 at 9:58 am

By the way….be careful what you wish for. Yesterday it was 114 here….would have LOVED to send some of that your way:)

65. 138 Ladyhawke
    June 2, 2012 at 8:08 am

REAL JOURNALISM IS DEAD IN AMERICA

While the Republican Party is rendering our government dysfunctional and making a mockery of our democracy – the mainstream media shrugs and looks out the window. The first principle of journalism is to tell the truth. But the mainstream media in America has abdicated their responsibility to educate and inform the public with the facts. The American people deserve better.

We have Mitt Romney running for the highest office in the land and he lies, distorts and makes stuff up all the time. His entire campaign is built on falsehoods. What’s really astonishing is that Romney continues to tell lies even after they have been debunked. His lack of integrity is alarming. He seems to have no capacity for processing facts. And the media has become a willing accomplice for his dishonesty. Yet, they will breathlessly report the slightest misstatement by President Obama. Lazy reporting has allowed the facts to take a backseat to spin and GOP talking points.

Rachel Maddow has been practically begging her colleagues to report on Mitt Romney’s pathological lying. Rachel is one of the few hosts who is not afraid to call a lie a lie. Calling Romney’s lies fibs or untruths is insulting. The media is enabling Romney’s lying and they should be called out whenever it happens. /end rant/

66. 139 Elle in MI
    June 2, 2012 at 8:29 am

I heard on one of the shows yesterday that people don’t consult the jobs numbers when deciding whether things are getting better or not, they look at what is going on around them. Therefore, if they look around them and see that things are improving, then that perception is there reality. No matter what the pundits say, people can see that their friend, family and neighbors are getting jobs, they see them buying cars, furniture and homes. The class of 2012 are getting jobs, and discouraged job seekers are back in the labor force. Some may be ‘disappointed’ by the jobs report, but most people on the ground are not, because they are not looking to the jobs report to decide whether or not things are getting better, they look at what’s going on around them, and for most people, they are seeing continuous improvement. Which, by the way, is why consumer confidence is continuing to go up.

• 140 jackiegrumbacher
      June 2, 2012 at 8:36 am

Elle-this is so right. I have never heard anyone but a politician discussing a jobs number. In my area, houses are selling, employment is rising, the stores are more crowded and the restaurants are filling up. More people are exciting about the drop in gas prices than the employment “numbers.” What people do see is cuts in their school budget and essential services and that big black mark that puts on the governor, as it should.

67. 141 globalcitizenlinda
    June 2, 2012 at 8:29 am

taiping1 had a request for us: donate 1 dollar to PBO every time mitt the bullying liar tells a lie. any takers???

• 142 Linda
      June 2, 2012 at 8:32 am

Ha….I just set up a monthly automatic donation…..

Also… I donate every time my 2 Republican Senators say something or vote against my wishes…then I e-mail them and let them know I just donated to the President on their behalf and ask for a response .

• 143 globalcitizenlinda
        June 2, 2012 at 8:44 am

now that is what I call fighting back against the hate and back-stabbing machinery of law makers.

thanks a lot for your contribution to PBO and all the things you do in support.

ps: do you ever wonder if there are any other Lindas who do not love PBO – he seems to have a way with us!

• 144 prettyfoot58
        June 2, 2012 at 10:51 am

that is a great idea…

June 2, 2012 at 10:01 am

I thought this was a FABULOUS idea! Make that SOB pay for his lies…..and PBO will be the beneficiary. He lies routinely,so PBO should get piles of money!

• 146 taiping1
      June 2, 2012 at 10:46 am

I proposed $1 a day for every day in which Mitt lies. No one could afford $1 for each lie unless you’re a multimillionaire. But if the 25 million Facebook followers or 15 million tweeps who follow each contributed $1 for each day the Romney lies it would bring $2 billion to the campaign and show that lies are costly.

68. 147 Linda
    June 2, 2012 at 8:30 am

CHICAGO — All President Barack Obama wanted to do was go home.

No, not to the fancy government house in Washington. He wanted the familiar bed at his Kenwood/Hyde Park house in Chicago. The comfy chair. Maybe watch some ESPN. Chill.

“I am sleeping in my bed tonight,” he told a group of fellow Chicagoans at a fundraiser Friday evening. “I’m going to go into my kitchen. I might cook something for myself, putter around in the backyard a little bit.”

Can’t blame him, not after a day like Friday. Not with a jobs report that could put his own job in jeopardy. So there he will be, home alone, with his own thoughts and a security detail, puttering. His wife, Michelle, and his two daughters would not be joining him

He’d been pining for this for a while. Last month, while in Chicago for a NATO summit, the leader of the free world couldn’t even buy a ride home.

“Despite being 15 minutes away from my house, nobody would let me go home,” he said at a post-summit news conference. “I was thinking I would be able to sleep in my own bed tonight. They said I would cause even worse traffic. So I ended up staying in a hotel.”

No such limitations this time.

The last time Obama stopped by his home was in January. It was a quick visit, not an overnight stay.

If you have a nice house with a mortgage between $500,000 and $1 million at a rate of 5.265 percent (according to his 2011 financial report), you might want to spend a night or two in there.

He last slept in the house on April 2011, when he was in Chicago on a fundraising trip.

He was fundraising in his home city again on Friday – three events packed into four hours – adding at least $4 million to the estimated $1.8 million haul he raked in earlier in the day in Minneapolis.

—-

AP…. ( I left off the rest because it was snark about the jobs numbers and being a “renter” of the White House )

69. 150 globalcitizenlinda
    June 2, 2012 at 8:39 am

My question for today and everyday:

“How is what I am doing and saying today going to help President Obama get re-elected and with a majority of “real Dems” in the house and senate????????

June 2, 2012 at 8:41 am

Remember that right wing fucktard polish pm who went all fauxraged over Obama’s slip up? Today I was watching a BBC program where they showcased how the polish stadium full of racist football hooligans were carrying disgusting anti-semitic placards and flags, booing african players of their own teams and attacking their own colored supporters in national live teevee right in front of their own police forces. And this is a country that is hosting Euro 2012 and this fucker had the gall to go apeshit over one innocuous slipup of Obama. The BBC program showed the naked genocidal tendencies of both poland and ukraine and it was shocking to see the police denying the hooligans attack even as the BBC reporter showed them his footage. Fucking fascists.

• 152 globalcitizenlinda
      June 2, 2012 at 8:46 am

thanks for this info. I wondered why the pm went on such a rant when the FIFA events have shown us this racial intorerance in his country.

Imagine being racist enough even to boo the people on your team??

• 153 amk for obama
        June 2, 2012 at 8:53 am

There is a reason the nazis put up all those camps in poland. They just exploited the already existen, deep rooted t anti-semitism there.

• 154 globalcitizenlinda
      June 2, 2012 at 8:50 am

typically, people who are racist try to at least tolerate the minorities who are on their same side or to quote racist coulter “our blacks are better than their blacks”

• June 2, 2012 at 9:09 am

“Remember that right wing fucktard polish pm who went all fauxraged over Obama’s slip up? Today I was watching a BBC program where they showcased how the polish stadium full of racist football hooligans were carrying disgusting anti-semitic placards and flags, booing african players of their own teams and attacking their own colored supporters in national live teevee right in front of their own police forces.”

You just described an average soccer match throughout Europe – be it Eastern or Western Europe.

Yes, it is awful, and yes, there’s little to be done about it without excessive police force.

The only way to fix it is for the larger population to vote non-white, non-caucasians into visible political office.

• 156 amk for obama
        June 2, 2012 at 9:17 am

I am sorry. I have not seen that kinda blatant antisemitism and racism on english, french, spanish or itlalian football stadiums. All these countries punish the hoodlums who indulge in these activities pretty seriously.

71. 158 Ceb
    June 2, 2012 at 8:44 am

That’s our president; longing for the simple pleasures of home. He, unlike Clinton, does not want to be or to have more than he has already: a loving, healthy family, meaningful work, a few close, true friends and a home that he can really live in. Rest well, Mr. President.

• 166 globalcitizenlinda
      June 2, 2012 at 9:34 am

wow, yesterday’s reports were that he would not get convicted.

I know he is old and a life sentence wont mean much but we can take what we can get. I doubted that they would have given him the death penalty given that his friends are still in power

72. 167 Linda
    June 2, 2012 at 8:55 am

CNN has an article up titled ” Why politicians lie and why we want to believe them ”

Here is who they highlighted

Why politicians lie and why we want to believe them.

Richard Nixon (R). Bill Clinton (D). Marion Berry (D). John Edwards (D). Anthony Weiner (D). Eric Massa (D). Rid Blagojevich (D). William Jefferson (D). Edwin Edwards (D). Kwame Kilpatrick (D).

Here is my e-mail to them.

Of these 10 you reached all the way back to Nixon to find a Republican liar ? Fascinating.

Of course you could have looked a little closer to reality…like the 932 lies Bush told to get us in to Iraq…or to Cheney for outing a CIA agent or Scooter Libby who was actually CONVICTED OF LYING. How about Colin Powell and his lies to the UN ?

May to John Boehner or Mitch McConnell lying on a daily basis.

Did you forget about Mitt Romeny who also lies about the President multiple times a day ?

Maybe you should watch the Rachel Maddow show to get some pointers on how to be an honest reporter.

This article is Shameful……even Ted Turner weeps.

• 168 amk for obama
      June 2, 2012 at 8:58 am

Excellent. Ted Turner had already told that he regretted starting cnn teann.

• 169 Linda
        June 2, 2012 at 9:03 am

I happened on to Piers Morgan interviewing Ted Turner last week. I think it was Monday…..so I watched…..Ted was amazing….Yesterday was the 32 year of CNN. It started 6-1-1980. He was very critical of what passes as honest reporting now a days.

Of course the interview is no where on the CNN site… ( there is only a clip of his talking about Jane Fonda )

• 170 Ladyhawke
      June 2, 2012 at 9:02 am

Wow, somebody didn’t dot their research. Please send the post below to CNN.

Chronicling Mitt’s Mendacity, Vol. XX

On last night’s show, Rachel talked at some length about a subject I follow with great interest: Mitt Romney’s habit of saying things that aren’t true. Summarizing some of yesterday’s big political headlines, Rachel explained, “Just like Mitt Romney lied in his very first ad, in a really blunt, schoolyard kind of way. They’re now lying in the new ad that is about Solyndra and Mitt Romney is lying about it personally out of his face at his big campaign stunt today.

Rachel concluded, “Even in this nuts day in American politics, don’t you think that candidate telling a big, blatant lie in the middle of the news cycle deserves a little follow up?”

That was a rhetorical question, of course, but the answer is obviously yes, big, blatant lies from a major party presidential nominee do deserve some little follow up. It’s one of the reasons I’m glad to present the 20th installment of my weekly series, chronicling Mitt’s mendacity.

• 171 Linda
        June 2, 2012 at 9:07 am

I e-mail them all the time. I have a soft spot for CNN as I lived in Atlanta when it was launched. I always end my rants with.

” Ted Turner Weeps ”

Plus.. I grew up with Wolf Blitzer and he annoyed me as a kid…so I can’t help myself. I always remind him that I remember him…and that he should stop claiming he grew up in Buffalo, NY because he didn’t …he grew up in a upper income suburb.

• 172 a4alice
      June 2, 2012 at 9:42 am

good for you Linda – quick response!

June 2, 2012 at 10:07 am

Excellent. This article could be the poster child of how slanted and wrong the MSM is. I have a better article name: Why the MSM Lies and Why Some Want To Believe Them”

• 174 prettyfoot58
      June 2, 2012 at 10:56 am

Great Response

73. June 2, 2012 at 9:11 am

Good morning, TODville.

The Supreme Court will likely render their opinion on ACA on the final day of this year’s term. Here is a very good and very clear article from the Stanford Law Review about the issues at stake and the arguments for upholding the law:

Please share with your OTeams!!

74. 183 Wanda N VA 4 Obama
    June 2, 2012 at 9:18 am

I love this place. I don’t post often but I lurk everyday. If it were not for TOD, I would go insane looking at the negativity coming from the MSM and the cable jerks. Thank you Ms Chips for providing us with this wonderful sanctuary in support of our beloved President!

75. 184 Linda
    June 2, 2012 at 9:22 am

Wow….

WASHINGTON — With a few strokes of his pen on a sleepy holiday six months after he became governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney quietly scuttled the state government’s long-standing affirmative action policies.

There were no news conferences, no press releases trumpeting Romney’s executive order on Bunker Hill Day, June 17, 2003, in the deserted Statehouse. But when civil rights leaders, black lawmakers and other minority groups finally learned of Romney’s move two months later, it sparked a public furor.

Romney drew criticism for cutting the enforcement teeth out of the law and rolling back more than two decades of affirmative action advances.

Civil rights leaders said his order stripped minorities, women, disabled people and veterans of equal access protections for state government jobs and replaced them with broad guidelines. They complained Romney hadn’t consulted them before making such drastic changes, snubbing the very kind of inclusion he professed to support.

“It was done under the radar and there was a big backlash,” said Michael Curry, president of the Boston branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. “It was clear Romney really did not have an appreciation for the affirmative action policies long in place.”

Romney responded by creating an advisory panel to recommend changes. But he eventually retreated completely, leaving the state’s old policies in place.

Romney essentially walked away from the fight, ignoring his own advisory panel. Instead, he had state officials effectively follow the old affirmative action policies he had formally revoked with his executive order.

It wasn’t until Deval Patrick, a Democrat who was the state’s first black governor, took office in 2007 that the old policies were formally reinstated.

76. June 2, 2012 at 9:31 am

I really do love the passion of Obama supporters – it’s like watching your favorite team exchange points with the opponents in the championship game – you’re holding on to every report, every news cycle, every talking head with emotional enthusiasm or heartache. But it really does get exhausting – especially on June 1st. Take a blow and get your big girl (or boy) panties on! I’m on fire with the cliches, but bring put away the knife in this gunfight, and bring out the nukes!

Obama/Biden 2012!

• 193 globalcitizenlinda
      June 2, 2012 at 9:53 am

true, we have to fight with everything we have at our disposal. we have to work like we are 44 points behind because I personally want PBO not to just win but win in a way that cause eternal pain to all hate mongers and rightwingers

June 2, 2012 at 10:19 am

THIS

• 195 prettyfoot58
          June 2, 2012 at 10:49 am

One thing i have learned…is that rights that are hard fought for..UNIONS… WOMEN…Civil Rights..etc…and take note …i fit in all of those catagories…….have to be defended…because those on the other side work tirelessly to take them away from me….

77. 196 cathy2va
    June 2, 2012 at 9:54 am

Don’t comment often. I loved the shrub for the shrub Chips! We needed the laugh with all the hatred and bad news these last few days. Love this site as it keeps me sane. Love u Chips!

78. June 2, 2012 at 10:03 am

For anyone out there who isn’t a part of a neighborhood OFA team but wants to help with phonebanking this weekend, you can start here:

Everything you need is there. Easy peasy to support the Preezy of the United Steezy.

We’re going to hit Wisconsin this weekend to help GOTV. Just click on Wisconsin and the script and prompts pop up.

FIRE IT UP!!

79. 198 a4alice
    June 2, 2012 at 10:06 am

hey everybody how’s it going? Loved this post Chips. I’ll have to go back over the past few days. there are some people going to WI today from MN to help our friends win the vote against Governor Walker. We also just finished up several days of phonebanking talking to voters in WI to GOTV there.

Chips you are doing the work of many. thankyou.

June 2, 2012 at 10:08 am

I am a passionate long time lover of PBO and though I considered it didn’t lurk for a long time on this site. There was just too much going on that I wanted to dip my personality into. The perspicacity of the blog mistress (the twinkle in her eye, the rolling pin in her hand, the naughty mats in the back of her car), the charm/snark of the other posters, AND of course the beauty of being able to read about the Obamas 24/7 won me over lickety split. However, …I do not think……….. ;) ;)

• 200 isonprize
      June 2, 2012 at 10:11 am

Damn, vc. You made me work. What? You been watching re-runs of the spelling bee? :lol: :lol:

perspicacity per·spi·cac·i·ty (pûr sp -k s -t ). n. Acuteness of perception, discernment, or understanding.

June 2, 2012 at 10:14 am

:lol: Morning, Ison! Unfortunately I missed the Spelling Bee – which I would have loved. I love words. :lol:

June 2, 2012 at 10:16 am

Was toying with changing my name for this entry, but it looked like too much work to switch back and forth, possibly missing the new post button. ;)

• 203 isonprize
          June 2, 2012 at 10:23 am

you betta not change your name. Chica may ban you as a Mittbot. And that would execrable.

June 2, 2012 at 10:32 am

That was the devil in me tempted to see if she would recognize me. Of course saner reflections prevailed….for now. ;) :lol:

81. 205 carolyn
    June 2, 2012 at 10:08 am

This is OT, but …..two weeks ago I said that I’d be going to Angela Merkel land and Austria. We returned Thursday morning. I came back with a few observations.
    1: If Germany is in a “recession” there is no visible sign of it. Restaurants, stores, shops, are crowded, and not with all tourists, since the heavy tourist season hasn’t started yet. This looks like a very healthy economy. Austria is the same.
    2: Both countries are WAY ahead of us in working FOR the environment. There is obvious evidence of ecologically friendly energy use…solar panels, wind farms, and the solar panels are designed in such an aesthetic way that they add to the looks of the buildings, not detract.
    3: I felt totally safe walking around Munich and Vienna alone, as I knew people were not carrying guns! One of our guides told us that the reaction to World War II was completely anti-gun. Living in Oklahoma, I now can be threatened even in church with our new open carry law.
    4: The only obese people I saw were two Americans from Boston at our Vienna hotel. Munich is the #1 biking city in the world, and Vienna is pretty close behind. People can borrow a bike from one spot, ride it to another spot, turn it in, or take another one for free. Some members of our group did this, and it was amazing. Few people abuse the system.
    5: They are taking care of their people and their environment. If we don’t get into the 21st century, Europe, the much despised target of the GOP, will pass us up in innovation and production. If we keep on the paths we are going ideologically and economically and environmentally, Germany will surpass us as a world power.
    6: Our religious fundamentalists will do permanent damage to us if we continue to let them. By denying climate change and other scientific discoveries, we are falling behind other parts of the world.
    7: The best word I can use for Vienna is : CIVILIZED. People are polite, mass transit runs well and on time, people take time to eat and visit with others, you can walk in the streets safely after dark. I’m sure there are parts of the city where I would have felt threatened, but not the majority at all. Is it any wonder that no U.S. city makes the list of top ten most livable cities? Vienna is the #1 livable city in the world, and I certainly believe it.
    8: If we elect Romney, we will fall further behind in all areas. This is a must win election.
    9: President Obama has the vision we need to vault us into the 21st century and keep us at least even with other countries. We ARE lagging behind, and it was evident on this trip.
    10. However…….we did find it difficult getting heart-friendly food for my husband in Germany. We found a Greek restaurant where he could get fish, but the side dishes were all heavy starchy ones. But, it is now possible to buy chilled bottles of waterall over Germany and Austria. They still don’t use ice, and “ice tea” was chilled but without ice, but that was a small thing.
    So…….it is good to get out of our cocoon and see new ideas and places. People who live differently from us are not to be feared. We can learn a lot.
    And…….it sure has been good to sleep in my own bed the last two nights! Bless President Obama’s heart…….his away time has been long and hard.

• June 2, 2012 at 10:14 am

Such an interesting report. It’s been a while since I’ve travelled to Europe.
      I was just thinking this morning about what a transformational President PBO is. He truly has helped our nation turn a very big corner into the 21st C. That’s why the RWNJs are in a state of violent trauma

• June 2, 2012 at 10:33 am

Thanks for your travel thoughts. I so agree that we have much to learn from much of the rest of the world—–I always notice that the Scandanavian countries—my heritage—-are always listed on the happiest list also. Repubs —Robme in particular right now—-get furious if they perceive anyone straying an inch from the American exceptionalism theme, but some of these other countries may provide a more fulfilled life for their populations. I also agree about our insane gun laws, or lack thereof, which are making many parts of our country less safe, more uncivilized. I see it in the Chgo headlines daily—-multiple shootings and deaths. The power the NRA holds over our legislators is a crime. I also agree that our religious fundamentalists are adversely affecting education and progress in this country. Most other successful, educated countries have moved on, have become less religious. We keep building more mega-churches, holding people back, keeping eyes wide shut, harming our country.

82. 208 isonprize
    June 2, 2012 at 10:09 am

Chica, Chica, SHE’S OUR GIRL!! Best Blog Mistress in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!! Go GET ‘EM, CHICA!!!!!

A righteous rant against the “I think I’m so clever, I’ll sign is as an Obama supporter, then I’ll slowly start bashing him. They won’t catch me” crowd!! To me, that means we are doing something right! HA!

I’m in! I’ve been in. I’ll always be in. Barry and Joey! Miche and Jill! The smartest, best looking, most courageous First and Second Family we have EVER had in charge of this country.

Obama/Biden 2012. Why? Because to quote Bobfr — AMERICA, THIS IS NOT A TEST.

There will not be a “United States of America” if we do not re-lect Pres. Obama. Seriously. It won’t exist.

83. June 2, 2012 at 10:10 am

June 2, 2012 at 10:21 am

June 2, 2012 at 10:26 am

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/06/01/493849/obama-bush-jobs-record/ Funny how the R’s are so against public sector jobs NOW!

86. June 2, 2012 at 10:27 am

But but but Chris Hayes and Melissa Harris Perry and…

87. 216 Linda
    June 2, 2012 at 10:32 am

There is a really nice story about Tom Barrett on Daily Kos….the comments are also good. It is about election day 2008.

Gosh I hope he wins.

88. 217 Hatshepsut
    June 3, 2012 at 7:58 am

I choose (b). Thank you for troll-busting. This site is oasis of truth and inspiration — and fun. Love the jokes, the down home feeling of friendship and caring. I don’t comment because I ‘m not funny enough frankly, lol. But I do enjoy reading the comments and take heart from them. It’s going to be a tough slog but forward is where I’m headed. I’m so IN!

89. 218 g. ken patton
    June 4, 2012 at 4:36 pm

thank you for posting the Chicago speech… full-throated defense of public investment…exactly the kind of straight talk i’m hoping we will hear throughout the campaign. the standard republican “vision” denies the history of economic development in this country much like the myth of genius that follows the likes of gates, zuckerberg or jobs is so obviously false (h/t malcolm gladwell & his book ‘outliers’)…there is no american economy without public investment– GOVERNMENT investment– and the more this nonsensical “big government” argument is exposed, the better our political discourse will become.

90. June 4, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Yes, we can either get depressed when President Obama has bad days/weeks or keep our chins up and keep fighting until he is re-elected. Let’s fight!! We got this.