Jun

Rise and Shine

Steve Benen: For the last few months, Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign has had quite a bit of success driving the major political discussions of the day. Team Romney says Hilary Rosen’s comments matter, so for a short while, the political world obsesses over Hilary Rosen. They say Cory Booker’s comments matter, so for a short while, the political world obsesses over Cory Booker. They say Solyndra matters, so for a short while, the political world obsesses over Solyndra.

This week, President Obama’s campaign wants to know if they can work the refs, too (see video above)

More here

ThinkProgress: 5 Facts About The Massachusetts Economy Under Mitt Romney

1. Ranked 47th in job growth …. The state’s total job growth was just 0.9 percent, well behind other high-wage, high-skill economies in New York (2.7), California (4.7), and North Carolina (7.6). The national average, meanwhile, was better than 5 percent.

2. Suffered the second-largest labor force decline in the nation: Only Louisiana, which was ravaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005, saw a bigger decline in its labor force than Massachusetts during Romney’s tenure as governor…..

3. Lost 14 percent of its manufacturing jobs …. The loss was double the rate that the nation as a whole lost manufacturing jobs. In 2004, Romney vetoed legislation that would have banned companies doing business with the state from outsourcing jobs to other countries.

4. Experienced “below average” economic growth and was “often near the bottom”….

5. Piled on more debt than any other state: Romney left Massachusetts residents with $10,504 in per capita bond debt, the highest of any state in the nation when he left office in 2007……

Full post here

Morning everyone ;-)

258 Responses to “Rise and Shine”

1. 7 Suzette
    June 5, 2012 at 8:57 am

Good morning all.

2. 8 proudmemberofglobalzero
    June 5, 2012 at 8:57 am

Let’s Go WI!

June 5, 2012 at 8:57 am

photo/1

June 5, 2012 at 8:58 am

photo/1

• 11 ChristiMTL
      June 5, 2012 at 9:22 am

They don’t care about the deficit, austerity measures right!…They just want to crush the middle class so the top 1% can be even richer.

5. 12 Pamela
    June 5, 2012 at 8:59 am

Top of the mornin’ to YOU, Chipsticks!

6. 13 proudmemberofglobalzero
    June 5, 2012 at 8:59 am

Last Post. If anyone wants to make a donation, I am just a “little” shy of my goal:

7. 14 Proud Former White House Intern
    June 5, 2012 at 9:01 am

Morning

8. June 5, 2012 at 9:02 am

Sunday, June 3, 2012
    Last Call
    Posted by Zandar

If you want to know what we’re up against on the right, we’ll I’ve been detailing that for months now: Citizens United and SCOTUS allowing unlimited millions if not billions into politics, GOP voter suppression in red states disenfranchising minority voters, the war on women’s reproductive rights as well as their economic ones, the assault on college-age Americans leaving them high and dry, and deliberate sabotage of the economy in order to regain political power.

If you want to know what we’re up against on the left however, read the Smirking Chimp website these days and ask yourself why they’re always doing fundraisers so they can bring you authors like Mike Whitney and articles like this on why Barack Obama is doomed.

No, Mr. President, Europe is not to blame and neither is congress. You, Barack Obama, are 100 percent responsible for the high unemployment and the dismal condition of the US economy. If you had been paying attention to business and listening to the zillions of competent economists (Stiglitz, Krugman, Reich, Thoma, Weisbrot, Galbraith, Baker, Roubini, etc. etc) who’ve repeated ad naseam that we needed more fiscal stimulus (and financial regulation “with teeth”) then we wouldn’t be in this mess today. But, now, because of your lackadaisical sit-on-your-duff-and-do-nothing attitude, the economy is headed back into the shitter which will pave the way for a Romney victory and 8 more years of trickle down, starve the beast, corporate welfare and warmongering. Thanks alot, Barry.

Full post here: http://zandarvts.blogspot.com/2012/06/last-call_03.html

9. 16 joyce
    June 5, 2012 at 9:04 am

Good morning TOD family. Praying for good results in Wisconsin today.

10. 17 Linda
    June 5, 2012 at 9:05 am

Did anyone see the Ed Show last night? Glenn Grothmann – R Wisconsin….on last night….. They had him stuttering trying to explain himself and Walker.

It is really good.

11. 18 proudmemberofglobalzero
    June 5, 2012 at 9:10 am

For all of your praise of me being first, I leave you this before I head off to work:

It is the cookbook authored by most of you on the old “barackobama.com” from 2008.

Great recipes! Enjoy!

12. 20 Liberal Librarian
    June 5, 2012 at 9:11 am

Channeling my own Snark Knoller—way too fucking early to be up.

• 21 ChristiMTL
      June 5, 2012 at 9:16 am

lol

• June 5, 2012 at 9:20 am

Don’t forget to vote today, LL!!

• 23 Liberal Librarian
        June 5, 2012 at 9:26 am

Oh, I have my L.A. County Democratic Party recommendations in my bag. I never know who to vote for for the judges.

• 24 Gramiam44
          June 5, 2012 at 10:19 am

One of the things I adore about Arizona is our Permanent Early Ballot list. Over 60 % of Arizona voters are using it now. I get my ballot in the mail about 3 weeks before the election and sit at my computer researching propositions, judges and all the stuff about the candidates. When I have finished, I just pop the ballot in the mail, or take it down to an early voting site or I can deposit it in a locked receptacle at my voting place on Election Day. Neat, tidy and no sneaky harassment from Tea Partiers. The Election Board even sends me a post card 90 days before each election to make sure I still live in the same place and giving me an opportunity to make any necessary changes to keep my eligibility current. I can even go on line after the election to make sure that my vote was counted. So far, I have noted that it was counted every time.

13. 26 ChristiMTL
    June 5, 2012 at 9:14 am

Morning everyone and Chips,…….I’m crossing my fingers for tonight!

June 5, 2012 at 9:21 am

So great, Pamela! Nice job so far! Will she GO freediving? I’m not sure about the “donkey” thing…did I miss something there? I look forward to reading about her adventures…how adventurous is she!

• 29 Pamela
        June 5, 2012 at 9:45 am

Not sure yet about D diving, maybe in the usual way, with air! The ‘donkeys’ I think, is missing the word ‘years’, as in ” donkeys years’… that was my take on blog writing. If she dives, there WILL be pics! Everyone is invited to join the travel bloggers FB group she just created, members are growing about 1 per minute!

June 5, 2012 at 9:15 am

ON WISCONSIN FIGHT SONG!!! Let’s DO this thing today!! Morning everyone….

15. June 5, 2012 at 9:15 am

Good morning, TODville. Please help spread the word!

We the People can help WI Get Out the Vote: https://call.barackobama.com/campaigns/after_hours

16. June 5, 2012 at 9:18 am

GM Chips & TOD, At TPM they had this story which brought tears to my eyes. Can’t wait to see new Poll today:

After Obama’s endorsement of gay marriage in May, the phones at Minnesota United for All Families’ campaign headquarters were ringing off the hook.

“The next day, we didn’t have enough chairs for everybody wanting to work with the campaign,” the anti-amendment group’s press secretary Kate Brickman told TPM. Volunteer interest “definitely swelled,” she added.

A survey to be released Tuesday from Public Policy Polling (D) indicates a “big shift” against the amendment over the past four months. A January PPP poll of Minnesota showed that 48 percent of voters support the amendment, while 44 percent are opposed. The results fell along generational lines: voters under the age of 64 oppose the amendment. Seniors support the amendment 58/32.

Brickman said she wasn’t surprised to see PPP announce that Minnesota is seeing a shift against the amendment. “The momentum has been accelerating more and more,” she said. “Following North Carolina and Obama’s statement, people really started talking about it.”
    Hamline University political science professor David Schultz agrees that Obama’s endorsement is energizing Minnesotans against the amendment. The president is popular in Minnesota, he said, so voters equate support for Obama with opposition to the amendment.

The amendment has seen an “erosion of support” over the past few months. Schultz added that independents are coming out against the amendment. The centrists might not be fully supportive of legalizing gay marriage, he said, but they don’t like elected officials “fiddling with the Constitution.”

The president was right: One voice can change a room, and if one voice can change a room, it can change a State …:)

• 33 a4alice
      June 5, 2012 at 9:50 am

I gotta concur with that Cat – they are super well organized – so great to see. I was at a festival in st paul this last sunday working the PBO booth and there were a TON of people with stickers on themselves saying to vote NO to the amendment. (No is what we want). It was very encouraging!

17. June 5, 2012 at 9:19 am

HAHAHA! The snark, it burns.

18. June 5, 2012 at 9:21 am

Florida Voter Purge In Limbo As County Officials Await State Response To DOJ
    Ryan J. Reilly- June 5, 2012, 4:55 AM

An association of Florida elections supervisors has recommended that members hold off on purging voter rolls until the state settles its dispute with the Justice Department over whether the action is legal.

Based “upon the previous issues that have been presented concerning the list, as well as the fact that the Department has indicated its intent to take further actions to review its list to determine its validity,” Ron Labasky of Florida State Association of Supervisors of Elections wrote in a memo that his recommendation was that Supervisors of Elections “cease any further action until the issues were raised by the Department of Justice are resolved between the parties or by a Court.”

DOJ asked Florida to say by Wednesday whether they would cease trying to purge their voter list. Justice Department officials contended that federal law doesn’t allow voters to be removed from the polls within 90 days of an election and that changes to the process Florida uses to remove voters must be cleared under the Voting Rights Act.

19. 37 anniebella
    June 5, 2012 at 9:23 am

I hope everyone email, twitter the video from Stephaine Cutter, as she said.

20. June 5, 2012 at 9:23 am

Mann, Ornstein get some airtime
    By Steve Benen – Mon Jun 4, 2012 5:15 PM EDT.

After all the complaining I’ve done about the media ignoring Thomas Mann and Norm Ornstein of late, it’s only fair to note that the two respected political scientists finally got some must-see airtime on a Sunday show over the weekend. The fine folks at “Up With Chris Hayes” welcomed the scholars to the show yesterday for three — count em’, one, two, three — segments on the program.

For those looking for a quick refresher, Mann and Ornstein — celebrated and respected figures of the Washington establishment — recently argued in an impressive op-ed, “Let’s just say it: The Republicans are the problem.” It’s part of a thesis explored in their new book, “It’s Even Worse Than It Seems,” and by all appearances, it’s the kind of argument that should spur some debate within the political establishment. By and large, the opposite has happened.

For Mann and Ornstein, blaming “both sides” for what ails Washington is no longer accurate, and only exacerbates the problems posed by the radicalization of today’s Republican Party. “When one party moves this far from the mainstream,” they argued, “it makes it nearly impossible for the political system to deal constructively with the country’s challenges.”

Mann and Ornstein added in print, “The GOP has become an insurgent outlier in American politics. It is ideologically extreme; scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition.”

It’s the kind of provocative argument that warrants serious national debate, but which has instead been met with silence from the establishment.

…………………………………..

Remember, Mann and Ornstein aren’t just two random political scientists with a striking book and op-ed. Mann and Ornstein enjoy almost unparalleled credibility with the Beltway establishment, and are generally accepted as centrist observers, not ideologues or partisan bomb-throwers. For years, these two have been cited constantly as objective experts.

That is, until they decided to drop the “both sides are always to blame” canard, at which point, their phones stopped ringing. It’s as if these two broke an unwritten rule, and the Sunday shows that used to keep Mann and Ornstein on speed dial decided their respected insights were no longer welcome.

June 5, 2012 at 9:24 am

I posted this info yesterday, but the last part didn’t sink in for me until I read it again just now:

If Romney Wins, He’ll Pay Himself $5 Million
    Posted on 06/05/2012 at 9:05 am by Bob Cesca
    One of the perks of being a Republican president:

Under his plan, Romney’s tax rate would fall from its current 14.7 percent to 13.1 percent, while under Obama’s tax plan, Romney would pay a 34.3 percent rate. The difference in these rates means about $5 million for Romney’s tax bill.

By the way, Romney’s $5 million personal tax cut would add to the deficit. You know, because he’s a fiscal hawk and really, really cares about the deficit and debt.

Got that?

22. 43 ChristiMTL
    June 5, 2012 at 9:27 am

Last night when I checked the messages on TOD, it was about 1:30 am I think….later than usual but I had to finish some office work….so my eyes were half closed and I knew I would be sleeping in like 5 minutes…..so I thought,…

I read Hopefruit’s message about Terry Moran at ABC and I had a little adrenaline rush….I sent him 3 tweets and it took me 30 minutes to fall asleep …..it was worth it,…

It’s really coordinated,….they think people are idiots, seriously…..social medias have an impact a lot greater than they think,….Twitter is the new MSM

• 44 ChristiMTL
      June 5, 2012 at 9:48 am

I’m reposting the part of Hope’s message last night because there should be a major push back. Hope posted it late last night so for anyone who didn’t see it….please tweet, email or whatever but this is unacceptable…..it’s ABC, a supposed serious network….

”I happened to overhear an ABC Nightline segment – in which Terry Moran basically attacked Obama’s campaign as being negative towards Mitt Romney, and as being “tone deaf” because he used celebrities in his fundraisers, while Mr. Moron insisted on playing nice with Mitt, saying that his “favorability numbers are rising” despite Obama’s negative ads, and giving his association with Trump and other hard core racists a damn free pass. Moran is upset that PBO is used Sarah Jessica Parker and Anna Wintour in his campaign ads, saying that the administration is “tone deaf” to use these celebrities in a bad economy.

Well excuse me Mr. MORON..Romney associates with a racist, misogynistic and xenophobic Multi-millionnaire like Donald Trump, and he’s not tone deaf?!?!? Mr. Moron also virtually ignored the latest data showing that 70% of Romneys ads have been negative compared to less than 30% of Obama’s ads, yet he chose to play one of Obama’s negative ads to demonstrate how “negative” the Obama campaign is.”

• 45 ChristiMTL
        June 5, 2012 at 9:53 am

On Twitter…

@TerryMoran

@Nighltine

• 46 ChristiMTL
          June 5, 2012 at 9:56 am

@Nightline

Geez…my fingers this morning.

• 47 ChristiMTL
            June 5, 2012 at 10:08 am

It’s amazing that the only thing that matters to them is their tax cuts and please their corporate bosses,….shame on them for promoting Bush II

June 5, 2012 at 10:54 am

Thanks Christi for the re-post and tweets. I also went to bed later than intended last night because I spent a good 30 minutes extra tweeting ABC-nightline and Mr. Moran. The segment was so blatantly anti-Obama and pro-Romney that for a while I couldn’t believe what I was hearing!! I didn’t want to believe it. I was absolutely LIVID about this and I must have sent ABC/nightline/Moron about 20 tweets total.

23. June 5, 2012 at 9:31 am

June 04, 2012
    Where Obama went wrong

Every time I read a Dowdian screed grounded in the argument that President Obama “has never felt the need to explain or sell his signature pieces of legislation … or stanch the flow of false information from the other side,” I am compelled by the essential truth of the argument, and thus of the screed, yet I’m also reminded of the argument’s far deeper but obscured indictment of the American electorate.

It’s true. For about three years President Obama governed. Before he was elected president, he campaigned. But when he was elected, he governed; doubtless an old-fashioned idea of the presidency, but, reckless radical Kenyan socialist that he is, as president he governed nevertheless. He thought the electorate would notice.

Obama also thought the electorate was bound to notice that his chief opposition (from the right–not left–just to clarify) was a politically dishonorable syndicate of ill-tempered nincompoops who lusted not for a better America, but for raw power.

As we now know, both thoughts, or beliefs, were misplaced. The electorate–not all of it, obviously, but an unhealthy enough of it–regarded Obama’s concentration on competent governance over a Bush-like concentration on perpetual propaganda as a presidential manifestation of aloofness and arrogance. This particularly influential electorate also managed to miss the beastly conspicuousness of congressional tea partiers’ anarchic, nihilistic bloodlust and power-thirst.

In short, President Obama gave this electorate too much credit. He believed they could distinguish centralities from peripherals, the essentials from the frivolous, and the way forward from the path backward. He was outstandingly wrong, although such a misreading is a common defect of intellectual presidents.

At any rate, now that he’s back to the emotional fireworks of campaigning, rather than indulging all that dull governing, perhaps the screed-prone children will love him again.

• 51 japa21
      June 5, 2012 at 9:52 am

I read that yesterday and left a couple comments that disagreed with his main premise.

• 52 Elle in MI
      June 5, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I disagree with this thesis. The president did a great job with ACA and also warning people nit to give the retgugs the keys after they drove the economy into the ditch. The problem was with the Dems in congress and the media. The Dems did not give full throated support and the media manufactured controversy and also reported lies and not facts.

June 5, 2012 at 9:41 am

I see the fundraiser with Clinton raised over $3 million last night:) Tidy sum :)

June 5, 2012 at 10:16 am

That’s why the media (e.g., Mark Knoller, ABC-Nightline) were having major meltdowns through yesterday about PBO’s fundraising.

25. June 5, 2012 at 9:45 am

President Obama said Monday that the postwar consensus between the two parties has broken down because of Republican intransigence.

“The basic issue is after World War II we arrived at a basic consensus,” Obama said at a New York City fundraising event.

Paraphrasing Herbert Hoover’s famous line about the business of the American people being business, Obama said: “Everybody understood that the market was the best generator of wealth and opportunity that we’d ever seen. It was understood that America’s business was business and government was not the ultimate source of our wealth.”

“But over the last 15 years, the last 20 years, that consensus has broken down,” Obama said. “If you look at what the Republican Party today represents — we haven’t moved that much  … Our basic policies haven’t shifted.”

“What has changed is the Republican Party. They have run from a preference for market-based solutions to an absolutism when it comes to the marketplace. A belief that all regulations are bad. That government has no role to play,” Obama said.

Pool-

–//

I agree, Mr President!

26. June 5, 2012 at 9:46 am

The BBC just played PBO’s good wishes to the Queen.

June 5, 2012 at 9:46 am

World Champion Green Bay Packers support Barrett!!

28. June 5, 2012 at 9:48 am

Why is that Girl, S.E, Crap, always on tv?
    What are Her qualifications?

• 61 Liberal Librarian
      June 5, 2012 at 9:55 am

Never actually seen her. Is she cute and blonde? That would probably do it.

• 65 Bill
      June 5, 2012 at 10:05 am

She is mean, not very smart, and will defend any right wing talking point. Right wingers I know think she is attractive. She is the complete RW package.

• June 5, 2012 at 10:07 am

Art history major? Ballet dancer? Hunter? (her actual background, all of which obviously qualifies her to expound on politics) (???)

29. 67 ChristiMTL
    June 5, 2012 at 9:50 am

Geezz what’s with the Hillary fever all of the sudden….it’s so annoying…..

• 68 57andfemale
      June 5, 2012 at 10:03 am

It’s this crap that un-focuses the left. I’m truly sick and tired of our alleged progressive friends who live in their bubble and talk about what interests them instead of understanding what is at stake.

Then you’ll hear Rachel screaming about how important, say, WI is and I’ve watched her veer off the rails until she wandered back to what she says is now hair-on-fire important.

Some great media we’ve got.

• 69 ChristiMTL
        June 5, 2012 at 10:10 am

These Puma have been so disrespectful towards the President from the start…..I read an article after the election that some voted for McCain.

They are not all like DWS who did a complete turn around and never looked back

• 70 57andfemale
          June 5, 2012 at 10:23 am

That’s what a party does. That’s what members of a party are expected to do.

And actually that’s what Hillary did.

The notion that they’d get progressive Nirvana from Hillary Clinton is absurd on its face.

Why in God’s name would PBO drop Biden? gaffes? Has anyone listened to Bill Clinton since January, 2008?

And even if he’s lived a squeaky clean life the last decade, do you think Repubs wouldn’t find some woman to prop up and use against him? Next to the black guy in the WH there are only two other people the RWNJ’s hate more than anyone: The Clintons, for God’s sake.

My point is, our alleged progressive media better start realizing what’s important to this country and realize that every minute they waste on shit that interests them, they aren’t doing the job they need to stop Republicans. It’s outrageous.

• 72 CaliCat
          June 5, 2012 at 6:07 pm

The Pumas want the president defeated in November out of nothing more than pure vindictiveness. They’ve been waiting for their moment to pounce and they’ve apparently decided it’s now. They will double down on every petty, scurrilous accusation they can come up with to make sure their most hated person on earth, President Obama, is relegated to the lowly one-termer’s club. Nothing would make them happier than this happen. The Pumas will never forgive POTUS for “stealing” the election from their goddess, Hillary Clinton. What we are seeing and will continue to see is every political enemy the president has ever had now crawling out of the woodwork to pile on in any way they can. Pumas, Firebaggers, Villagers, Huffington Post and to a certain extent Rachel Maddow (who picked up where Olbermann left off) etc. are all in fight mode. Look for them to go full-boar in the trashing of our great president from now until November. I hope the Obama campaign is ready not only for the right-wing dive bombers but also for the sideline crap throwers on the left to try and poison the well of good will like they did in 2010. We cannot let them get away with it this time.

June 5, 2012 at 9:50 am

Top al Qaeda strategist may have been killed in Pakistan

(Reuters) – Abu Yahya al-Libi, one of al Qaeda’s top strategists and seen as the most prominent figure in the network after leader Ayman al Zawahri, may have been killed in a drone strike in Pakistan, Pakistani intelligence officials said on Tuesday.

If his death is confirmed it would be the biggest blow to al Qaeda since U.S. special forces killed Osama bin Laden in a secret raid in Pakistan in May 2011.

31. 74 Betsy
    June 5, 2012 at 9:52 am

I am off to vote here in LA and am so excited. I get to vote for PBO for the 1st time!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D Have a great day everyone!

June 5, 2012 at 9:53 am

:) It’s a wonderful feeling, Betsy!!

• 76 a4alice
      June 5, 2012 at 9:54 am

yay! w00t!

• 77 Betsy
        June 5, 2012 at 1:47 pm

It was fantastic. I was the first one to vote in my precinct, LOL. My husband was a little late. Another teacher was in front of me, a Democrat, but she took longer than I did, so my vote went into the machine first :) All 3 of us were Democrats, and there was not a Republican in sight. I was so happy that when I got to school, I was parading my “I voted” sticker around my students and told them to drag their parents to the polls to vote. I hope I am always this enthusiastic to express my voice. It is the single greatest right we have.

32. 78 relellit
    June 5, 2012 at 9:54 am

Good morning Todville & Chips

Here is hoping everyone has a nice day and the dirty tricks being played in Wisconsin do not prevail.

I just heard on current TV ‘s Sephanie Miller’s from the callers calling in saying they are recieving phone calls telling them to vote tommorrow. When they callled back the caller ID traces back to the Republican Party. They also recieved calls telling them if they signed the petition they didn’t need to vote. Another caller complained about a FOX NEWS CORRRESPONDENT harrassisng them.

Remember the GOP will cheat to win! There is a 800 number you call to report them.

33. June 5, 2012 at 10:05 am
  34. June 5, 2012 at 10:08 am

If our Campaign wants to know if it can work the Refs? Sure! Just get out your wallets and or promise interviews, scoops, ads on their Sites, etc!

35. 86 eveingeorgia
    June 5, 2012 at 10:10 am

Good Morning, TOD. Hope every one is well and fired up! We have two great reasons to be fired up: PBO and VPJB.

We have three reasons to be absolutely on fire: Mitt Romney, Republicans and the Republican HR. Those three rush my adrenaline constantly.Never dreamed I’d become such a fighter. We’ve come to far to turn back now!

Is there video of last night’s fundraiser? I missed it, and sure would like to see it.

36. June 5, 2012 at 10:13 am

I just saw an interview on Bloomberg Channel. A Man was being interviewed, he was the CEO of some large Company.
    The question was, will the US allow austerity like Europe?
    The CEO said that the US is not like Europe and that Wisconsin will be a Barometer as to whether we want Austerity.
    Not true! And why are large Companies wet dream- massive austerity?

June 5, 2012 at 10:17 am

And the CEO of AIG thinks the retirement age should be 80! What the F do THEY know?!

• 89 57andfemale
        June 5, 2012 at 11:36 am

My job requires that I use my brain. I’m doing research (which I love) but let me tell you, at 62 years old this brain cannot do what it did 30 years ago. And I don’t have to stand on my feet 8 hours/day at retail or push a mop.

The only way to extend the retirement age is to give Americans state of the art health care from in utero to the grave. Keep people healthy, expect good eating and exercise habits. Catch illnesses early if not eliminate them entirely.

Part of the reason my brain isn’t what it used to be is the stress of being self-employed for the last 32 years,worrying about insurance and health care and leaky roofs.

• 90 ChristiMTL
      June 5, 2012 at 10:20 am

The only thing that is predictable in all this is that if Mayer Barrett wins….it’s going to be *crickets* in the media….no big deal lets say.

If Walker wins……we are in weeks of total BS in the media…..they are going to make it as a referendum on the President, people sending a strong message to the President, etc……..they are ready, they have their memos already written…..

• 91 Renegade522/AuntSis
        June 5, 2012 at 10:45 am

This is not fair and I am so tired of screaming this at the top of my lungs like some 6 year old. They can win by 1 vote and its called a ‘majority’. We have to win by thousands to ensure that its not stolen. I am really beginning to hate those people and I am too young and beautiful to take up that emotion.

• 92 57andfemale
      June 5, 2012 at 10:34 am

here’s why: they don’t give a damn where their profits come from. They don’t care if they have an educated workforce or a safe infrastructure to support new businesses in the United States. They’ll be just as happy selling to the emerging Chinese middle class, and they are hoping that a Republican administration will turn American workers into the Chinese workers of a decade ago.

They are NOT people. They are soulless entities.

Why should they? What have the American people learned from the recession? My handyman who cleans my gutters and cuts my lawn has a new iPhone every time I see him, as do his teen-aged children. If Americans are going to stand in line at the Apple Store, buy the cheapest crap they can find at Wal-Mart and then bitch that PBO hasn’t made things better for them, then we are indeed in serious trouble.

CEO’s and corporations are making more money than they have ever made, with the lowest tax burden in half a century. Their profits are record-breaking and none of it is being reinvested in this country. Because Americans still spend plenty at the malls and have the newest electronic toy, where it’s made be damned. There is no incentive for corporations to behave like citizens.

‘Austerity” to them means lower taxes for them. That’s all they know and there is no reason for them to invest otherwise.

After the jobs numbers I barely looked at the news or even spent much time here. If we lose WI the shrieking will be more than I can bear. I will donate, I will volunteer, I will re-focus. But as hard as it is for me to not be informed every single minute, I have to find a way to gird myself for the long fight.

37. June 5, 2012 at 10:14 am

What in the world?—–just got a recorded call from Wayne LaPierre from the NRA with “an important message” for me. I didn’t stick around for that messaage, but the NRA could not have called anyone more opposed to their deadly agenda than me. No one has done more damage to this country than the NRA and the power they hold over members of Congress.

• June 5, 2012 at 10:29 am

Obama is going to Personally take everybody’s GUN!
      Act now, and receive no serial number, M-4 Carbite assault weapon for 5000 bucks!

Hmmmm! Sounds eerily correct…

June 5, 2012 at 10:30 am

:) YOU of all people! Too bad it was just a recording….you could have started your day off “with a bang”! I feel your angst…

June 5, 2012 at 10:16 am

In case anyone here can make some phone calls to WI Dems today to GOTV

39. 97 Vicky
    June 5, 2012 at 10:20 am

I was voter #328 at 8:30 in my rural township in Chippewa County. Heavy voting, but likely heavily pro-Walker and pro-Moulton in the county. I would like to believe, hope, that I am wrong. But we hear so much local anger about the greedy public employees and unionists. And the liberals who are destroying the country. Tea Party very strong. We’re going to need heavy turnout in Milwaukee to counter a high Republican vote in rural Wisconsin.

• 98 Linda
      June 5, 2012 at 10:23 am

I am surprised to hear that since the farmers all drove their trackers in the big protest.

• 99 japa21
        June 5, 2012 at 10:47 am

Yes, but farmers actually represent a low percentage of the population, even in the rural areas.

• June 5, 2012 at 10:50 am

Most farmers support Walker in my area. I find it hard to believe that more farmers in Wisconsin support Barrett than Walker. I come from farming stock, and such famiies tend to be quite conservative. And quite religious. The Ttractor Parade was wonderful!! However, a very small percentage of farmers were involved. it was supported by those farmers that belong to the Farmers Union. It will be interesting to see if there will be any post-election analysis by occupation. As noted, Milwaukee is likely to be key. And there it is all about GOTV.

40. 101 Uche
    June 5, 2012 at 10:20 am
  41. June 5, 2012 at 10:22 am

How is the turnout in Milwaukee?

42. June 5, 2012 at 10:23 am

Very, very, very off-topic, but it cracked me up – when it comes to epic Twitter fail:

Next, I’m expecting their Canadian account to ask customers why they’re proud to be American :???:

43. 106 Linda
    June 5, 2012 at 10:28 am

Mitt Romney clarified Tuesday that he would have been fine with the government bailing out the auto industry, but only after the embattled companies had gone through managed bankruptcy.

“If they needed help coming out of bankruptcy and government support, that was fine, but I was not in favor of the government writing billions of dollars in checks prior to them going into bankruptcy,” Romney said in an interview with the Detroit News.

Romney needs to check the bottom of his shoes…..he stepped in it again.

June 5, 2012 at 10:33 am

Just wondering if the fact that Walker will be indicted will have any bearing on the voters…may want to move on and heal the state after all this corruption. Just wondering….

• 108 57andfemale
      June 5, 2012 at 10:39 am

The media in WI is almost entire RW and literally — they didn’t know anything about it. When Barrett started to bring it up, it had to help some but a lot of people thought it was a political ploy.

I’m nervous about today. Rural areas again are coming out in huge numbers. Walker has stoked the anti-union backlash something fierce with Koch money over the last year and a half.

There is hope: Barrett was heavily underestimated in the primary.

June 5, 2012 at 10:43 am

Are you KIDDING ME??????????? They’ll see what “the ploy” looks like when they march his sorry ass off. I hope that Barrett can eek this out. For the sake of WI.

• 110 57andfemale
          June 5, 2012 at 11:07 am

When I see what has happened to my home state I just want to cry.

The RW has done a great job at demonizing workers. I won’t say unions because that is a complicated issue. Living in Chicago for 40 years, I have first hand experience with good public unions, awful public unions, and middling public unions. So even this dyed in the wool liberal bristles when I read that discussing how to make unions more effective for both their workers and their constituents is seen as ‘disloyal to the cause’. You will hear that Rahm Emanuel is a union-buster. No, he’s not. But this city is rife with corruption from both the municipalities and the states, and SOME of the unions. Having a substantive discussion about the sorry state of our schools can be union busting in the hands of a Walker or Kasich, but I truly believe is an honest attempt by Rahm to get better use of the tax dollar for the taxpayer. It’s complicated.

That being said, NO ONE will benefit if unions are out of the equation. No one. Corporations, businesses, and public employers will destroy the middle class without unions. They are not honest brokers.

In WI, the unions were completely willing to work with Walker. Instead he set out to destroy them and ignored their compromises.

let’s be clear on one thing: if Republicans destroy public unions (which are the majority of unionized workers in the U.S. ) there will be NO WAY for Democrats to compete effectively against Citizens United. And that is their goal — it’s about destroying the only level playing field for Democrats. This is what this is all about.

• June 5, 2012 at 11:25 am

The anti-union backlash is very strong in my area. The unionists…..they’re to blame for all your problems!!

June 5, 2012 at 10:37 am

Don’t forget to call and/or write your senators today about the Paycheck Fairness Act!!

• 113 Linda
      June 5, 2012 at 10:43 am

Mine are both Red….they will never vote for this…. but after they vote no I will e-mail them and let them know I donated to the President on their behalf once again.

June 5, 2012 at 10:47 am

Mine, too…because R’s don’t think that women are equal…OR important…..OR smart…..

46. 115 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    June 5, 2012 at 10:44 am

#YesWeKnow

Hoping that Ms Jarrett will reflect and share her colleagues that it’s likely most Americans have a clue ….

#AmericaThisIsNotATest
    #FORWARD

47. 116 57andfemale
    June 5, 2012 at 10:44 am

Agood dKos diary on WI with lots of good information and links if anyone is so inclined:

There should be NO requests for photo ID from voters! If you see signs, if you are asked for your ID, please notify us IMMEDIATELY. Call our 1-866-OUR-VOTE (1-866-687-8683), post here, or tweet us @EPWisco. Be sure to tell us what polling site & where the site is located!!!

June 5, 2012 at 10:46 am

he Wall Street Journal has uncovered a collection of emails from Mitt Romney’s time as Governor of Massachussetts that reveal a lot about Romney’s changing positions on health care. Most notably, they show the now-candidate once was a staunch defender of a health reform law with an individual mandate — a portion of the Affordable Care Act that he often criticizes.
    Indeed, in an original draft of a famous op-ed Romney ran in 2009, the Governor even used what are now the President’s talking points:

Read the rest1 This guy HAS A LOT OF SHIT ON HIS SHOES!

June 5, 2012 at 10:52 am

A little preview…from the WSJ, not exactly a bastion of librul thought:)

When Mitt Romney left office as Massachusetts governor, his aides removed all emails from a server computer in the governor’s office, and purchased and carted off hard drives from 17 state-owned personal computers, according to a current state official.

But a small cache of emails survived, including some that have never publicly surfaced surrounding Mr. Romney’s efforts to pass his now-controversial health-care law. The emails show the Republican governor was closely engaged in negotiating details of the bill, working with top Democratic state leaders and drafting early copies of opinion articles backing it.

Mr. Romney and his aides, meanwhile, strongly defended the so-called individual mandate, a requirement that everyone in Massachusetts have or buy heath insurance. And they privately discussed ideas that might be anathema to today’s GOP—including publicly shaming companies that didn’t provide enough health insurance to employees.

Mr. Romney signed the bill April 12, 2006, and that night sent an email thanking a top aide, saying the law would help “hundreds of thousands of people…have healthier and happier lives.”

• 119 57andfemale
        June 5, 2012 at 11:11 am

This is not new news that Romney supported an individual mandate. We don’t need secret emails to tell us this. MA has an individual mandate.

The Romney spin is that it should be done by the states, not by the Feds. That’s the argument we have to puncture.

And frankly, the destruction and hiding of state records should land Romney in jail. I wish LOD would have spent time on this instead of gazing into his beltway navel and wondering if Hillary could save Obama. God.

• June 5, 2012 at 10:57 am

Tweet to Lis Smith!

June 5, 2012 at 11:06 am

Someone should Tweet this…I don’t Tweet:) This needs to go ALL OVER THE PLACE…ASAP….

49. 122 Liberal Librarian
    June 5, 2012 at 10:50 am

Well, this is typical. My library is a polling place. Doors opened 50 minutes ago. NOT A SINGLE VOTER has been here.

June 5, 2012 at 10:54 am

:( So sad. Pathetic actually

June 5, 2012 at 10:56 am

Hmm…makes you wonder. Is your library typically a heavy traffic area during Presidential and other elections? Is this a “working” neighborhood where more people might come in after work this evening?

• 126 Liberal Librarian
        June 5, 2012 at 10:59 am

Pretty good mix of retirees and young rich folks. It’s always sparse during non-major elections, but this is pathetic. An hour gone by and no one’s come in.

June 5, 2012 at 11:13 am

“retires and young rich folks”

Sounds like “Republican” to me…

• 128 Liberal Librarian
            June 5, 2012 at 11:15 am

Our first voter just came in!! Wheee!!

And, no, pretty Dem area.

June 5, 2012 at 11:34 am

Okay. Hopefully things will improve as the day goes on. As meta said, it’s still somewhat early.

• 130 Liberal Librarian
                June 5, 2012 at 11:43 am

Not our first voter! She was at the wrong polling place. 1 hour 42 minutes and no voters. Like I said, I do this every election, and usually we have a few by now.

June 5, 2012 at 11:47 am

If this is a “rich” area as you say, then they won’t be motivated by an election they think benefits working class and unions – regardless of party affiliation.

• 132 Liberal Librarian
                    June 5, 2012 at 11:51 am

Oh, I’m in California. Nothing controversial today. LOL. I just think most people don’t know there’s an election today.

June 5, 2012 at 11:55 am

oops..I’m thinking of WI!!! Sorry, I should have known that you were referring to CA – because that’s where you live :) :) :)

• June 5, 2012 at 11:00 am

7am is still very early for a lot of people!!

• 135 Liberal Librarian
        June 5, 2012 at 11:06 am

I’m usually the one opening on election day. We’ve usually had at least a few people come out by now. But we’ll see how the day progresses.

50. June 5, 2012 at 10:52 am

Stay alert!

Report voter suppression tactics!

51. June 5, 2012 at 10:55 am

No reporting on the Ground from any news channels, for Wisconsin.
    Just spin.
    They neglected to mention that 4 republican State Senators are also on the ballot and all Democrats need is one, to flip Senate!
    MSM = 1930s Germany type organization of propaganda!

June 5, 2012 at 10:58 am

“CNN said even if Barett wins, that they will not be able to o return the union busting law.”

AHA! Moving the goal posts now that it appears that Barrett may actually win?

• 139 Linda
      June 5, 2012 at 11:10 am

Yawn at CNN

Barrett said he will call a special session to get back collective bargaining…..but leave the contribution increases alone.

52. June 5, 2012 at 11:01 am

Jill Biden on The View today.

June 5, 2012 at 11:03 am

HIT THE MOTHERLOAD AGAIN!! These are some Romney emails (that he thought he stole all of when he carted out the hardrives…you know, when he was going to run for President for goodness sakes!) from his time as MA gov…AND his healthcare plan (marked confidential)…Happy reading…Post this ALL OVER THE PLACE! Just keep scrolling down where the emails are…..you’ll find it all here:)

June 5, 2012 at 11:05 am

ultra-thin glass that can ‘wrap’ around devices. brilliant engineers & researchers.

June 5, 2012 at 11:07 am

We LOVE engineers:)

• 150 amk for obama
        June 5, 2012 at 11:15 am

You better. :)

The best part about this development of this thin glass is it can be manufactured in rolls (unlike the earlier glass which had to be made in sheets). The productivity increase will be mind boggling and will bring down the cost of this glass.

55. June 5, 2012 at 11:06 am

Just wanted to share a funny reader comment from the HuffPo article about Mitt’s latest blather on the auto industry bailout. Somebody named “nychaseter” commented: “He’s so Bain, he probably thinks this election is about HIM…” Now I can’t get that song outta my head.

56. 154 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    June 5, 2012 at 11:09 am

#YesWeKnow

#FORWARD

• 156 CindyH
      June 5, 2012 at 11:15 am

my favorite part of that article were Japa’s comments!

• 157 amk for obama
        June 5, 2012 at 11:18 am

Yup. He nailed the truth completely.

• 158 japa21
        June 5, 2012 at 11:42 am

Thank you. Although I understand what Carpenter was trying to say, he understated the degree to which the administration tried to get its message out.

• 159 amk for obama
          June 5, 2012 at 12:14 pm

I read it as more of a diss against american voters than on Obama.

• 160 japa21
            June 5, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Oh, it was that too. He stated that PBO overestimated the average American voter’s intelligence. But he also said that that overestimation caused them not to promote the policies. I do think they tried, but were stymied by the media.

57. June 5, 2012 at 11:13 am

Report from polls in Milwaukee—-most seem to be indicating “steady to strong” turnout—-one said comparable to 2010, but nothing like ’08, others indicate comparable to a pres. election:

• 162 57andfemale
      June 5, 2012 at 11:23 am

2010 ain’t good enough. One of our TOD family in Chippewa County (very red) said turnout was heavy. Repubs showed up 85% in 2010.

the God damned workers in Milwaukee and Racine and Kenosha better realize what’s at stake.

58. June 5, 2012 at 11:16 am

The clintonista on the S.M. show this morning is annoying as hell. I tell you, if these folks aren’t careful, they are going to run into a brick wall of disgruntled O-bots in 2016.

59. June 5, 2012 at 11:19 am

Report from Madison’s polls—-said to be unbelievable turnout—–which is good news!—-like the taxi driver who is giving free rides to polls.

• 166 57andfemale
      June 5, 2012 at 11:26 am

Wow. good stuff,dotster.

• June 5, 2012 at 11:31 am

But but Ezra said we should placate Da Bullies and…

• 168 japa21
      June 5, 2012 at 11:45 am

To some degree, I wish they wouldn’t make pub lic the turnout levels. I know that would be impossible. However, if the word is that adison and Milwaukee have high levels of turnout, that will push more Republicans to the polls. If it was announced they had moderate turnout, maybe more Republicans would think that it was in the bag and their vote wasn’t needed.

60. 171 Ladyhawke
    June 5, 2012 at 11:28 am

The Hypocrisy is Breathtaking, Even for Romney

By LOLGOP

—————————-

Romney not only has to hide his record and his face. He also has to hide the President’s accomplishments.

The Washington Post’s Greg Sargent—who I feel is the most essential blogger to follow this election season—argues that getting the mainstream media to talk about GOP sabotage and intentional gridlock is nearly impossible. He knows this because he’s courageously been trying to get reporters to ask about Romney’s bad jobs math for months.

That’s the beauty of these videos from Cutter and OFA. They circumvent the guardians of the “both sides do it” narrative and give all of us a chance to spread the truth. I hope you’ll share this video with your friends and foes today.

—————————–

June 5, 2012 at 11:30 am

Any idea when will we know the WI result ? In another 6 hours, 8 hours ?

June 5, 2012 at 11:32 am

Is it me? I may be wrong here but I get the sense that the MSM is trying to pivot attention away from the WI elections to other trivial topics like the Queen’s Jubilee, etc
    Even CNN is now starting an “..even if Barrett wins..still bad news for DEMS..” narrative this morning. Could they be fearing a Walker loss?

63. 181 proudofobama
    June 5, 2012 at 11:32 am

Good morning, TOD family. Just popping in to say hi before I run out to do errands. Praying for Wisconsin. Dems please, please do not sit on your hands like in 2010. Kick Walker to the curb.

64. June 5, 2012 at 11:38 am

Jill B. is adorable and as sweet and likable as can be on The View. Loved what she just said about Joe——they asked about Joe telling returning troops about his traumatic loss ——and Jill said he made such a connection to everyone in the room, there wasn’t a dry eye in the place, that that’s why she loves him, not as a politician but as a man with real deep feelings who feels free to share his personal experiences and can relate to all. They are now talking about the childrens’ book she wrote “Don’t Forget. God Bless our Troops”, title said to come from granddaughter who said that to Jill as she was tucking her into bed one night.

June 5, 2012 at 11:39 am

She’s probably stuffing some imaginary votes under her virtual mattress in her little computer program right now….

66. June 5, 2012 at 11:47 am

City Hall in Madison said to be expecting over 65% turnout.

67. June 5, 2012 at 11:52 am

Wow! Washington Post said that the ads just released by our Campaign has a slanted take on Willards policies.
    They immediately go to the keyboard whenever the Presidents goes on the offense!
    Really?

68. 194 Liberal Librarian
    June 5, 2012 at 11:55 am

Am I the only one having issues with the site today?

June 5, 2012 at 11:58 am

NICE article and picture of our President :)

HEADLINE: President Obama Graces the July Cover of ESSENCE.

// As the Election 2012 season ramps up, ESSENCE sits down exclusively with President Barack Obama to hear his plan for improving the economy, our health, homes and future, and why he’s excited about the next four years. First Lady Michelle Obama also shares a special heartfelt salute to our military and their families in “Pride & Glory.” Plus, in “Back in the U.S.A.” ESSENCE puts the spotlight on soldiers from the 3rd Brigade Combat Team for Operation New Dawn who are fresh from Iraq deployments, adapting to life at home and celebrating July 4th with their family and friends.//

Read more: http://www.essence.com/2012/06/01/president-obama-graces-the-july-issue-of-essence/#.T84rvb1WuGE.twitter#ixzz1ww24TpdD

June 5, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Divine! That’s a keeper that will be added to my collection:) Bless this incredible man. Is that edition out now?????

70. June 5, 2012 at 11:59 am

71. June 5, 2012 at 12:01 pm
  72. June 5, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Jonathan Capehart is wrong again.
    He said that Romney is the head of the Republican party and The Obama Campaign should attack Robney, in that area. Why? To stop his momentum!
    What momentum?
    Have I been asleep for weeks? Does Robney have Momentum? Really?

• June 5, 2012 at 12:56 pm

He does have momentum whether we acknowledge it or not. His supporters don’t like him, but they hate PBO even more, so they are very enthused. If Walker wins Wisconsin, they will go bat sh!t crazy. That’ll ramp up the rhetoric and talking points like nothing else. They will declare victory for November. I agree that Robme should be attacked as the leader of the Repubs. Notice how he gets to be the de facto leader, but not have to actually make any statements as a leader of the party? Who is the leader, Boner, McConnel? I think the MSM should make him answer and talk in that capacity, not as some outsider looking in on what the Repubs are doing.

• June 5, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Every poll I have seen- the Blue Team are more enthused than the red team!
        MSM ignores it!

• 215 COS
        June 5, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Good m morning TOD friends. I have to give it to Rachel and Rev Al. They certainly hold Robney accountable as the head of the party .I think they detest him and his lies as much as we do; especially Rev. Al. :)

73. June 5, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Howdy Os!!!! Wassup in TODville on this great getting up day!!!! Wisconsin is a credit to the importance of grass roots, bottom up efforts that speaks to real change. Win or lose, this is what it’s all about. Money doesn’t vote, it may influence and it may keep shiny objects floating, and it my allow for fancy tin foil hats, but it doesn’t vote. GOTV is the only way to get those in office who can do something to change the way money has become so important. Hat tip to all those who put up the good fight in Wisconsin, no matter the outcome.

My political take today: I find it odd that this close to the election and being smack dab in the throes of this major campaign season for the highest office in the land, neither the Robme, nor the RNC have official sites where one can leave comment or interact with others. Even old McGoshDarnItIShouldaWonHmmrghf had a blog site where supporters and others could post comments. What are they afraid of, or maybe I’m just missing it.

• 217 amk for obama
      June 5, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Great point cm about this being an grassroots organizing regardless of the result today. That’s exactly the point PBO has been making consistently. The real power is in your own hands. Use it wisely and collectively.

74. June 5, 2012 at 12:30 pm
    • June 5, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Great updates!!!

• June 5, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Thank you, Jovie! I think this is the guy who has a book coming out about the whole Wisconsin election fiasco, so he’s on it.

June 5, 2012 at 12:31 pm
  76. June 5, 2012 at 12:41 pm
  77. June 5, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Can’t believe Rove/Crossroads is using a clip of PBO’s post-shooting Tuscon memorial speech in an attack ad. How low will they go?

78. 244 Ladyhawke
    June 5, 2012 at 12:55 pm

MULTIPLE CHOICE MITT ON RESCUING THE AUTO INDUSTRY

He just can’t make up his mind. Throws more spaghetti against the wall to see what sticks.

Romney still stumbling on auto rescue

By Steve Benen

———————

The Republican has repeatedly argued that GM and Chrysler should have relied on private funding to restructure and get back on their feet. That, of course, was impossible. In early 2009, the credit markets were frozen and there was no private funding available. (When a company called Bain Capital was approached, it refused to invest.)

And so it appears that Romney is shifting once again, not only taking credit for a policy he attacked, but also saying taxpayer support “was fine,” after arguing for three years it wasn’t fine.

The new twist is that Romney is on board with public support after, but not before, bankruptcy, but that doesn’t make sense, either — GM and Chrysler would have never survived the bankruptcy process without federal intervention.

Romney could simply try the truth — he should admit, “I was wrong” — but that seems to be the only position he hasn’t tried yet.

————————-

79. 245 lamh35
    June 5, 2012 at 1:02 pm

New pic for the next thread Chips

“There’s A Man on the Cover of Essence This July And It’s Barack Obama”

80. 246 Linda
    June 5, 2012 at 1:02 pm

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals has issued an order “staying” Judge Vaughn Walker’s ruling that California’s Proposition 8 was unconstitutional. This decision is, on one level, unfortunate, both because it will stop same-sex marriages from continuing and because of evidence that ending marriage discrimination makes moderates more reluctant to restore it. What makes the order bad for social justice, though, made it nearly inevitable legally: because refusing to stay Walker’s order would create an advantage for one side while it’s far from certain that the ruling will be upheld by higher courts, staying the order is legally reasonable (and had the 9th Circuit not intervened, the Supreme Court probably would have).

One interesting aspect of the stay order is that it ordered the litigants “to include in their opening brief a discussion of why this appeal should not be dismissed for lack of Article III standing.” This would seem to strengthen the speculation of some observers that the 9th Circuit may be looking for a way to uphold Judge Walker’s ruling without issuing a broad ruling about the unconstitutionality of same-sex marriage that a majority of the Supreme Court might be inclined to reverse. Oral arguments in this case will be interesting.

Unconstitutional…………..

June 5, 2012 at 1:13 pm
  82. 249 donna dem 4 obama
    June 5, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Can anybody tell me if Dane County in WI is Dem or Repub? Turnout is phenomenal and could reach 80-88%.

83. June 5, 2012 at 1:14 pm

From the Madison recall blog—-some jerk in an SUV plastered with Walker signs is blocking the driveway, the only entry, to get to a church polling place in Oregon, Wi. Typical. Free homemade food items at Pine Grove polls. And this tired doggie, a supporter of Dem state senate candidate and organizer extraordinaire Lori Compass

June 5, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Official CONFIRMATION!

June 5, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Disrupt, dismantle and defeat al Qaeda.
    Disrupt, dismantle and defeat the treasonous Repubs.
    Disrupt, dismantle and defeat the dishonest, corporate MSM.

Wash, rinse and repeat.