Jun

This and That

San Francisco International Airport

All times Eastern:

6:15 Departs San Francisco

7:20: Arrives Los Angeles

10:15: Delivers remarks at a campaign event at Beverly Wilshire Hotel, Beverly Hills (CNN live streaming)

11:55: Delivers remarks at a campaign event at a private Residence, Beverly Hills (Print Pool only)

People gather in a lobby of a building to catch a glimpse of President Obama where was attending a campaign event in San Francisco

103 Responses to “This and That”

1. 1 Alycee (@jazziz2)
    June 6, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Good afternoon TOD!

2. June 6, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Second ??? Home safely from my trip to see my mom. Fairly good visit today.

• 14 Alycee (@jazziz2)
      June 6, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Glad you are back safe! BTW, is it your daughter that was having her hair shaved as a ped cancer fundraiser?

3. 15 lamh35
    June 6, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Hmm seem someone kinda called Tapper out for monopolizing the daily briefings.

“ABC News’ Jake Tapper Ices Reporter Who Interrupts His Drone Strike Question”

4. 16 barbara
    June 6, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I have been so down with the news of the Wisconsin recall vote and the fair pay act…..but then watching the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Ohio workers “fired up”…I just need to remain optimistic! PBO must be re-elected to give him 4 more years making this country a better place for all of us.

June 6, 2012 at 7:41 pm

barbara – I was inspired by the “radicalized after Wisconsin” post that Chips gave us earlier in the day. All we have to give our President is the rest of the campaign, and then stand by him for his next four years in the White House, just like he’s been standing by us. We owe him as much strength as we can muster. (And then, I’m thinkin’, we can all move to Canada!)

We can do this! :)

5. 20 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    June 6, 2012 at 6:23 pm

#BainMitt’s latest mega-lie …

#AmericaThisIsNotATest
    #FORWARD

6. June 6, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Congrats Alycee & ‘Hi’ to everyone else!

• June 6, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo VC ;-)

June 6, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Hi Chips Chica, nice to see you! :lol: :lol:

• June 6, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Good to see your smilie face too VC, although I see you weren’t first. Hmm.

June 6, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Just strolled in for the first time today, wasn’t even trying. :razz: Ahem! I have decided that the month of June is the perfect time to allow others to enjoy the pleasure of being first. It’s such a wonderful experience and one at which every TODobot should get a fair shot. As I mature I am realizing the value of standing back and … and …can’t think of anything else…[Am I sounding thoughtful and considerate of others yet?]

• 27 Alycee (@jazziz2)
      June 6, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Thanks, VC. Guess karma rewarded me for staying on task today (I only played sneak-a-PEAK (Rmoney dictionary) twice today). Giving myself a well deserved Rev.Al / catch up break.

June 6, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Good for you, Aly! ;) I’m finding that ‘staying on task’ thingy really hard, but I’m persevering. I make sure I prepare my work for the next day BEFORE I sign on because, though it makes for a longer day away from here, it means I don’t have anything hanging over my head once I do make it here….except sleep. :lol: :lol: I know things will get lighter near the end of the month, yet I can’t wait for the month to be over! When I checked this afternoon, it was only Wednesday of the first week! I’m going to check again tomorrow to see if the times have sped up. ;)

• 29 Alycee (@jazziz2)
          June 6, 2012 at 7:05 pm

See, you’re saying “it’s only Wednesday of the first week” and I’m saying “OMG, it’s Wednesday, June 6th — calendar is flying by too fast!” Same set of facts; two different perspectives… :-)

June 6, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Well I admit I’m only espousing this particular perspective because my time will be my own once again in July. At that time I might revert to ‘time is flying by too fast’, or I might still try to mentally push it faster towards November. Who knows?

June 6, 2012 at 6:31 pm

That RH Chili Peppers clip was a very upbeat note to come home to @TODville. Thanks Ms Chips! I wasn’t sure what to expect though I came hoping that last night’s early reports had been overturned. Anyways, on we go! :lol:

June 6, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Beautiful day in SF!!! Feel that power of AF1?? Love it

9. 44 CEB
    June 6, 2012 at 6:44 pm

The coolest campaign ever!

10. 46 Tally
    June 6, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Just because.

June 6, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Was this posted here? Are the MSM FINALLY PAYING ATTENTION?????????????????

CNN has two dynamite pieces on Solyndra, “Romney wrong on Solyndra facts” and “Seven things you should know about Solyndra.”
    The first one, by Steve Hargreaves of CNN Money, ends:
    It’s one thing to spin something to one’s advantage. It’s another to simply make things up to make the other guy look bad. Romney’s Solyndra speech was an example of the latter. Disgraceful.

The next part lays out 7 key facts and what Romney has said instead of facts! Reporter calls Romney on the lying bullshit!

12. June 6, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Alycee, Yes, it is my daughter who is shaving for pediatric cancer. How sweet that you remember. The event is in CA the end of July.

• 55 Alycee (@jazziz2)
      June 6, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Please post her link.

• June 6, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Can’t do it now but I will. BUT……didn’t Chips say something about NO other fund raising from now until Nov.?

• June 6, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Hiya Tnmtngirl, that’s a wonderful cause – feel free to post a link! All I meant is that I wouldn’t be putting fundraising appeals for anyone other than PBO on the front page between now and November, but everyone is completely free to promote whatever appeals they want in the comments. Thanks Tnmtngirl.

13. June 6, 2012 at 6:57 pm

The tobacco Tax is losing!

• 62 Tally
      June 6, 2012 at 7:15 pm

I know. Big Tobacco spent a bazillion $ lying about being “poorly written.” Easiest trick in the book.

So sad, when only 12% of Californians smoke. Our kids are their targets.

• June 6, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Bums me out. It was so close. Big Tobacco spent $47M defeating it.

14. 64 Claire
    June 6, 2012 at 7:05 pm

LOVE the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Been a fan since the early 90s. Love that they support our President!!

15. 65 Tally
    June 6, 2012 at 7:13 pm

ok – I am a little excited about tonight.

Dear Karma, my request was for PERSONAL karma please. But you know that. :D

16. 66 carolyn
    June 6, 2012 at 7:14 pm

The President has been very quiet the past two weeks. I”m expecting some blockbuster announcement soon…..this silence has always preceded a big announcement before. The MSNBC pundits will be calling for something,and what he announces will supercede anything they say…..Just a pit of the stomach hunch.

17. 68 Tally
    June 6, 2012 at 7:16 pm

I have a feeling we might be getting a GIFT every month from now until the election.

And I’m not counting the recent AQ #2 take down.

18. 69 xtine
    June 6, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Pic w/ SS guy had me smiling! Look @ all those young people, damn miserable bunch, wouldn’t you know! One sure looked like my kid! Gotta send a txt & find out! Was that Kamala on the tarmac? Voted 4 her lots, including 1st run 4 AG

19. 75 Liberal Librarian
    June 6, 2012 at 7:20 pm

June 6, 2012 at 7:28 pm

By the way our FLOTUS is almost at 1M Twitter followers (987,185) :)

21. June 6, 2012 at 7:37 pm

The top two Republicans in the House are urging President Obama to cancel a scheduled event in Las Vegas on Thursday and instead work with Congress to prevent an increase in student loan rates.

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) released a letter to President Obama on Wednesday taking him to task for ignoring their offer on a student loan bill.

Oh, I see!

22. 90 Tally
    June 6, 2012 at 7:40 pm

ok guys. I’m off to watch GAME 4 of the Stanley Cup. On a TV. In a bar. Cuz my ass is broke, and the cheap seats were going for $900.

Le sigh.

Back later. :D

June 6, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Did my President walk or run down those AF1 stairs?

Answer me this: Was there ever demand to see Dubbya land and take off in AF1? Seems like a sport now on livestream.

June 6, 2012 at 7:48 pm

LOL! This video of PBO singing “call me maybe” already has over 5M views on Youtube and it was only published 2 days ago :) :)

25. June 6, 2012 at 7:53 pm

I just like this photo a lot. It makes me happy, especially to see a new OFA office opening—-this one in Richland Co. in Ohio—-people on a mission. Good people everywhere.