Jun

Money bomb!

A million thanks to the mighty DonnaDem for gathering links to your Obama/Biden 2012 fundraisers. If anyone is missing from the list just let me know and I’ll add your link:

a4alice * Alycee * BWD * CollegeKay * Cookemom * DonnaDem4Obama

Hgerhard * HZ * Judith Fardig * Mae Who Love Our CIC

Marlz * Meta * Pamela *prettyfoot58 * proudmemberofglobalzero * Theo67 * The Obama Diary

I have the names in alphabetical order, so no bias here …. I really should have called it ‘A Obama Diary’ :???:

Actually – and I’m being completely serious – I’d way prefer if you could donate to any of the other fundraisers, especially the newer ones, mine is permanently linked here in a shamelessly self-promoting kind of way.

You know what I always say: I honestly, honestly, honestly hate bugging people for money, because I know so many of you are going through tough times, especially those of you with kids, mortgages, elderly relatives you’re caring for or who are suffering from ill health. Some of you have shared your stories with me, you’re amazing people, you just selflessly battle away and do everything you can for Obama/Biden 2012 by volunteering, etc. You’re all inspirational.

So, I’m only asking those who can afford to donate to do so before that June 30 deadline – a gazillion thanks in advance, let’s get this fella re-elected.

146 Responses to “Money bomb!”

1. June 28, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Put something in the pot for me!

June 28, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I’m there!

3. 4 Dudette
    June 28, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Pay day tomorrow — on it!!

4. 5 Melanie
    June 28, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Let’s make June a great month for POTUS and the DNC!

5. 8 Liberal Librarian
    June 28, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Just donated $5 to each of the first 5. Will do more tomorrow.

6. 18 japa21
    June 28, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Comment carried over from the very bottom of the previous thread.
    Interesting, and faulty, take at CNN Money, talking about sharp sell off after ACA upheld. Earlier it was stocks lower due to uncertainty in Europe. The market opened almost 100 points down, currently 137 down. That is hardly a sharp selloff post the ruling. They are trying to say the market drop (which is really rather small) is due to the ruling. However, most of the drop was before the ruling. But this is your librul media at work.

June 28, 2012 at 1:40 pm

I think the Mitten’s wants Romneycare…doesn’t that help women pay for abortions? Maybe we SHOULD switch over:) Thank you, Gov Romney! You did great with that:)

I think that it would be great if this was Tweeted all over the place..really make the RWNJ’S head’s explode. Why be half assed about it!

8. 20 trinisamba
    June 28, 2012 at 1:40 pm

If only I could donate, I would gladly. So sorry!!!!!!!!!

9. 21 Theo67
    June 28, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Thanks for adding my donation page, too! I’ll be traveling the rest of the day, so will join the rest of you, literally, from Cloud Nine! What a great day.

10. 24 Tally
    June 28, 2012 at 1:41 pm

I might have to add that graphic to the CHILL OUT store!

11. June 28, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Ive been donating when PBO asks me by email. How do I donate here?

• June 28, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Click on the name/s of the folks listed at the top of this thread. You’ll get their OFA fundraising page. Just follow the information on that page to make your donation.

12. 27 lisalovesobama
    June 28, 2012 at 1:42 pm

get paid tomorrow. got a date with several donation pots.

13. 28 snowbird42
    June 28, 2012 at 1:43 pm

OK I figured it out. I donated again.

14. 29 Dudette
    June 28, 2012 at 1:44 pm

AG Eric Holder — Crime-fighting Superhero!!

June 28, 2012 at 1:48 pm

This link has a “We Stand With ObamaCare” link to sign and send to Congress…add your name!

15. June 28, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Health insurance industry is having a very bad Day on the Dow!
    It’s because of that Medical, loss ratio they still have to pay. They Hate that one piece that 1.2 billion back to consumers, from 2011!
    It’s actually good news…

16. 39 Claire
    June 28, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Great! I got 5 of you. Thanks for having your fundraisers!

17. 40 57andfemale
    June 28, 2012 at 1:51 pm

“The majority of the Affordable Care Act’s other taxes, such as a payroll tax increase and a tax on high-cost health plans, are aimed at upper-income Americans. In exchange, millions of jobs will be created as new people enter the health care system and millions of people will gain access to affordable, quality insurance that they otherwise would not have. And, as we detailed earlier today, the Court’s decision to uphold the entirety of the law will have significant benefits for the nation’s economy.”

18. 41 Dudette
    June 28, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Bringing over this great image from Betty Coppola in the previous post

Good one Betty!

19. June 28, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Heh.

photo/1

20. 51 lisalovesobama
    June 28, 2012 at 1:54 pm

they’re giving Holder a gift!!! Nice!!

21. 53 lisalovesobama
    June 28, 2012 at 1:55 pm

waiting for the house to vote on contempt charges. bastards. I wanna see the Dems march out of their in single fly while flipping the remaining members the bird. Said it once, i’ll say it again: bastards!

22. 54 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    June 28, 2012 at 1:55 pm

#Tweeps4OBAMA Truth …

More will receive this missive …

#TWEETON
    Yes We Can

23. 55 Dudette
    June 28, 2012 at 1:56 pm

The HEINOUS House vote is going on now!!!

24. June 28, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Ah, waaaaaaaay too hard to resist:

25. June 28, 2012 at 2:01 pm
  26. June 28, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Remember, The ACA had small business tax credits in it!

27. 73 donna dem 4 obama
    June 28, 2012 at 2:02 pm

TOD, I have met my FR goal many times over. Please if you plan to donate, hit the others links.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH CHIPS!!!!

28. June 28, 2012 at 2:04 pm

PBO just left for MD.

29. 76 Linda
    June 28, 2012 at 2:04 pm

What the heck is going on in the House ? Dems voting against Holder ?

30. 79 lisalovesobama
    June 28, 2012 at 2:05 pm

MediaWhoresInc praising Roberts for doing his fucking job. whatever! :roll:

31. June 28, 2012 at 2:06 pm

We Better get in this fundraising thingy!
    Now, the tweets from Robney land is, in less than 4 hours they have raised 1 million.
    So, I just mailed in a 50 dollar check, in addition to my 50 dollar check earlier this month.
    We have to beat these bastards, in every way!

32. 82 ChristiMTL
    June 28, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Watching the travesty in the House….14 D Yea …..so far…..

33. June 28, 2012 at 2:06 pm
  34. 85 proudmemberofglobalzero
    June 28, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Chips…will you please add my link to it?

35. 92 Dudette
    June 28, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Cute/funny picture on Cookemom’s fundraising page! :-D

36. 98 Bill
    June 28, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Tamron Hall just said Halperin said Democrats are going to run away from ACA. What in the world is with him?

37. June 28, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Rahm Emanuel — who was dead set against pursuing health care to the finish line while he was chief of staff — admits he was wrong in an interview with the Chicago Tribune:

“I gave him my advice. I told him many times (about) the political cost of doing this,” Emanuel said. “And thank God for the country, he didn’t listen to me.”

Thanks to the president’s “not listening to politics,” Emanuel said, young adults up to 26 and people with pre-existing medical conditions will be able to get medical insurance.

38. June 28, 2012 at 2:15 pm

The Solicitor General argued this was a tax, that was the deciding argument.
    He did good!

• 105 Bill R.
      June 28, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Yes, Solicitor General argued on three constitutional foundations, 1-regulation of commerce, 2. “Necessary” actions to insure common good, and 3. Taxation authority. Roberts rejected the first two but concurred and ruled on the basis of Taxation authority. GoodSG move by SG.

39. 106 donna dem 4 obama
    June 28, 2012 at 2:16 pm

CHECK THIS OUT

and then share it with family and friends.

What does the Supreme Court’s health-care ruling mean for me?

June 28, 2012 at 2:17 pm

David Gregory says nothing has happened for people so far with the ACA: Can someone help this poor man out?

Providing Small Business Health Insurance Tax Credits Effective Jan. 1, 2010

Allowing States to Cover More People on Medicaid Effective April 1, 2010

Relief for Four Million Seniors Who Hit the Medicare Prescription Drug “Donut Hole” Program applied only on 2010.

Cracking Down on Health Care Fraud Many provisions effective now
    Expanding Coverage for Early Retirees Applications for employers to participate in the program available June 1, 2010.

Providing Access to Insurance for Uninsured Americans with Pre-Existing Conditions National program established July 1, 2010

Putting Information Online Effective July 1, 2010

Extending Coverage for Young Adults Effective for health plan years beginning on or after September 23, 2010 Under the new law, young adults are allowed to stay on their parent’s plan until they turn 26 years old.

Providing Free Preventive Care Effective for health plan years beginning on or after September 23, 2010

Prohibiting Insurance Companies from Rescinding Coverage Effective for health plan years beginning on or after September 23, 2010

Appealing Insurance Company Decisions Effective for new plans beginning on or after September 23, 2010

Eliminating Lifetime Limits on Insurance Coverage Effective for health plan years beginning on or after September 23, 2010

Regulating Annual Limits on Insurance Coverage Effective for health plan years beginning on or after September 23, 2010

Prohibiting Denying Coverage of Children Based on Pre-Existing Conditions Effective for health plan years beginning on or after September 23, 2010 for new plans and existing group plans

Holding Insurance Companies Accountable for Unreasonable Rate Hikes Grants will be awarded beginning in 2010

Prescription Drug Discounts Effective January 1, 2011

Free Preventive Care for Seniors Effective January 1, 2011

Improving Care for Seniors after They Leave the Hospital Effective January 1, 2011

Oh, and there was this: Damn that “Obamacare” and its $1.1 billion in rebates!

41. 113 Dudette
    June 28, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Didn’t take them long to turn on their own, did it?

Conservative Republicans Turn On Former Hero, Chief Justice John Roberts

42. June 28, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Most days on my way home to lunch, I listen to Rush for 20 seconds so I can be fair and balanced. I can only stand 20 seconds before I get annoyed/disgusted/bored/etc. Today I couldn’t wait to turn on his show at the very beginning and listen to him whine for 10 minutes. It was quite enjoyable, even though Rush is definitely (to quote George Will about the Donald) “a bloviating ignoramus”. He kept repeating that “EVERYONE thought this would be overturned” over and over. :lol:

On the way back to work, I checked in again for 30 seconds – by then Rush had moved on to yelling about the Stolen Valor ruling.

I’m sure Rush will be back to his pompous ass self tomorrow – but it sure was sweet today. :lol:

• 115 Dudette
      June 28, 2012 at 2:28 pm

He’ll feel better once he starts to gloat over the Eric Holder vote. Republicans suck!! Limpaugh blows!

43. 116 Dudette
    June 28, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Goodness gracious, Chips! In just over 12,000 hits, you’ll be flying over 11 million! You GO Girl!!

44. 117 Alycee (@jazziz2)
    June 28, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Chips, Thanks for listing my FR!

June 28, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Must see Rachel segment:

Starts at 4:12 mark….

46. June 28, 2012 at 2:32 pm

I see reports that PBO was watching a bank of muted TVs when decision was announced, likely misled with Big Fail announcements on CNN and FOX, then staff person, Rummler (?) came into room with a 2 thumbs up——-voila!——BFD!

• June 28, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Gosh, I bet his heart was hurting for that same brief period of time that ours were too. Terrible to put him through that but thankfully the joy came in good time.

47. 122 Eveingeorgia
    June 28, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Chips,

You were’t the only one who was initially uninformed! TPM2012
    President Obama Initially Heard Mandate Had Been Overturned

• June 28, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I wonder if they did it on purpose?

• 124 Bill R.
        June 28, 2012 at 3:41 pm

This failed TV coverage points out the total failure of TV News in general. I was watching Scotusliveblog and when I saw the CNN breaking news, I laughed. Because I already had the word moments before, with total accuracy, “ACA upheld” on Scotusliveblog. I don’t even watch TV news any more. It’s mostly opinion media now, with no respect for facts.

48. 125 donna dem 4 obama
    June 28, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Great Pic:

June 28, 2012 at 2:37 pm
  50. 128 LOL
    June 28, 2012 at 2:38 pm

U Mad?

photo/1

• 129 donna dem 4 obama
      June 28, 2012 at 2:45 pm

OMG Is this real?

I am on the floor laughing so hard :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 130 LOL
        June 28, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I don’t know..its from the AP…so yes, but its not from today- Nancy has on different shirt underneath her suit.

June 28, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Nancy tell the sorry Speaker that November you will be getting your gavel back, and with President Obama you will get to working for the middle class.

June 28, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Seriously? Shocking, I know…but it looks like he might break into tears…..

June 28, 2012 at 2:39 pm
  52. June 28, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Looks, I dunno, kinda happy:

President Barack Obama walks from the Oval Office to an awaiting helicopter en route to a helicopter for a short ride to Walter Reed Medical Center in Washington, Thursday, June 28

53. 136 ChristiMTL
    June 28, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I don’t know what the heck I was watching earlier but it was on CNN live….the vote on contempt charge……it wasn’t that at all, they got the headline wrong……now I’m watching the real thing.

June 28, 2012 at 2:41 pm
  55. 138 Liberal Librarian
    June 28, 2012 at 2:42 pm
  56. June 28, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Okay TODville, I am off to watch victory number 2 of the day…GO Deutschland!
    Have a good evening/night TODville!

57. June 28, 2012 at 2:44 pm
      June 28, 2012 at 2:52 pm

POTUS has to learn like we have learn, CNN isn’t worth SH*T anymore, they have sink so low to the bottom.

58. 142 ChristiMTL
    June 28, 2012 at 2:44 pm

I can’t imagine how the President felt watching the false breaking news on CNN….they say he walked back to the Oval Office and an aide came in with 2 thumbs up…………..long freaking minutes!….Thanks CNN!……….what a rollercoaster…

June 28, 2012 at 2:45 pm
  60. 146 Dakota
    June 28, 2012 at 2:46 pm

CollegeKay, just sent a little somethin’ your way. Will do the same with other family tomorrow when ah get mah check! I’m so giddy today!