Jun

Coming up

President Obama walks from the Oval Office before his departure to Camp David, June 30

Monday and Tuesday: The President will be at Camp David, he returns to Washington on Tuesday.

Wednesday: The President and the First Lady will celebrate the Fourth of July by hosting military heroes and their families for an Independence Day celebration with a barbeque, concert and a view of fireworks on the South Lawn. Staff and their families from throughout the Administration will also attend this event for the concert and fireworks viewing.

Thursday and Friday: The President will travel to Ohio and Pennsylvania for a campaign bus tour.

Thanks Isonprize

Hint, hint, hint, hint, hint, hint, hint, hint, hint; nudge, nudge, nudge, nudge, nudge, nudge, nudge, nudge, nudge; wink, wink, wink, wink, wink, wink, wink, wink, wink; cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, wink:

TOD Fundraisers:

a4alice * Alycee * BWD * CollegeKay * Cookemom * DonnaDem4Obama

Hgerhard * HZ * Judith Fardig * Mae Who Love Our CIC

Marlz * Meta * Pamela *prettyfoot58 * proudmemberofglobalzero * Theo67 * The Obama Diary

168 Responses to “Coming up”

1. 37 vitaminlover
    June 30, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Obama/Biden2012

2. June 30, 2012 at 1:35 pm

My heart just melted:

Emma Lepine looks on as her family’s horses Guiness (L) and Otto (R) greet each other after being reunited to be taken home at the Waldo Canyon Fire emergency large animal shelter after the evacuation order on her family’s home was lifted, June 29, 2012 in Colorado Springs

3. 47 vitaminlover
    June 30, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Hi ho whaddya say? Obama/Biden all the way!!!!

4. 85 vitaminlover
    June 30, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I am soooooo glad that our First Family is finally taking a break. It is much needed for them.

5. 86 LOL
    June 30, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I echo that sentiment…so glad they are finally taking a break. Ugh…I don’t look forward to the “Will they take a vacation” stories. It is more or less confirmed that they won’t be going to Martha’s Vineyard.

• 88 utaustinliberal
      June 30, 2012 at 4:07 pm

DAMNIT! The videos the Obama team puts out are so positive, true, and so heartwarming. They get me all choked up. Pres. Obama was right when he said he became POTUS to do something not to be something. Laws affect peoples lives and his laws improve our lives for the better. :)

6. June 30, 2012 at 1:56 pm

7. 90 Lorraine
    June 30, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Chips, please post the video with the Democratic Mayor and Saltzman from MSNBC debating the Supremes decision on the ACA. It was clearly a take him to the woodshed beat down. I hope everyone watches that Mayor’s response I never seen anything so amazing.

8. June 30, 2012 at 1:59 pm

WASHINGTON (AP) — An Indiana woman who lost both legs shielding her children from a tornado walked arm-in-arm with President Barack Obama into the Oval Office on Friday.

The visit by Stephanie Decker came just under four months after the twister wrecked her home in Henryville, Ind. She had tied a blanket around the children and thrown herself on top of them when falling debris crushed her legs.

“We planned this a few months out, and here we are,” Decker said in an interview after the 15-minute visit.

When not using a wheelchair, Decker, 37, is able to walk for extended periods using prosthetic limbs. She said her goal is to be able to spend eight to 10 hours a day on those limbs. “I’m a pretty active person,” she said.

Decker was joined by her son Dominic, 9, daughter Reese, 6, and husband Joe, 42, for the Oval Office visit, which came just before Obama flew to Colorado to view damage from the state’s wildfires.

It followed a handwritten letter from Obama and a follow-up phone call from the president while she was in the hospital.

Decker said on Friday she and Obama discussed an improved prosthetic model being developed by the military, and a foundation she and her husband started that trains children with artificial limbs to play sports.

Decker said the rebuilding in Indiana has been slow, but her White House visit will be an encouragement. “To have the president know and (take) the time to talk to us, it gives us motivation,” she said.

9. 97 isonprize
    June 30, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I just read one of the articles on the Colorado fires. Clearly shows how much of a class act that we have in PBO!!

If it were me, I would have been more than happy for Colorado US Rep Doug Lamborn to ride on the WINGS of Air Force One, since that snake chose not to attend PBOs State of the Union address. Yet Lamborn had NO PROBLEMS accepting the invitation to ride back to Colorado on AF1. He had NO PROBLEM being part of the Colorado delegation asking for emergency support to fight the fires. (Of course, I’m in favor or federal funding, but I swear this WHISTLEHEADS are so selfish. Only when it affects THEM do they whine about the ‘feds not doing enough’)

Lamborn got on AF1 right after he voted to hold AG Holder in comtempt. Lamborn is a weasel, snake and a punk. And I’m sorry to insult all weasels, snakes and punks.

10. June 30, 2012 at 2:08 pm

President Obama’s approval has improved to 47 percent, and he now leads Mitt Romney on the ballot by a 3-point margin, 49 percent to 46 percent—a net 3-point improvement since last month, according to the latest national survey by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner for Democracy Corps. This is very close to the most recent NBC/Wall Street Journal poll — and suggests a tough but winnable race. Obama reaches 49 percent on his good days, but Romney has a ceiling of 46 percent on virtually every question in the survey: 45 percent, for example, trust him to handle the economy. And two percent are voting for third party candidates. Romney is dragged down not only by his own negative image but also by voters’ contempt for the Republican Party and the Republican Congress. The Democrats have settled into a 6-point advantage in party identification, double Obama’s vote margin.

Obama’s gains come partially from gains on whom voters trust to handle the economy. He was down 7 points to Romney in our last poll but is now dead-even. Mitt Romney has asked voters to contrast his business experience against Obama’s record on the economy. Voters are beginning to make that choice, and it has moved voters away from Romney. Still, the economy is fragile, as this poll shows no gains whatsoever on people’s personal economic experience, even as more re-enter the labor market. In the end, Obama would be satisfied to be at parity on the economy, given other advantages.

11. June 30, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Try this link?

12. June 30, 2012 at 2:09 pm

13. June 30, 2012 at 2:14 pm

14. June 30, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Okay, I’m about to go to the grocery store. If I’m not back in 40, bring water and an air conditioned car.

15. June 30, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Today is one of the most important fundraising deadlines of this campaign so far.

We might not outraise Mitt Romney.

But I am determined to keep the margin close enough that we can win this election the right way.

To do that I need your help today.

Please donate $9 or more before tonight’s deadline:

The stakes in this election are real. Thanks for all your support so far.

Good week.

Barack

• 121 forus50
      June 30, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Interesting that I had the same email from POTUS today but the dollar amount was $188 instead of $9. Maybe because I have 21 cheap relatives? Hmmmm…

• 132 Cha
      June 30, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Yeah, willard’s dr jekyell and mr HIDE alright..but, shouldn’t hide have Foam coming out of his mouth or something?

How descriptive of the strange case of the evil mr hide. mitt’s Heckle Jekyell and Hide.

16. 135 Linda
    June 30, 2012 at 2:41 pm

ok…With the Republicans screaming this is the ” largest tax increase in history ” show them this.

Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982. TEFRA—the largest tax increase in American history—was designed to raise $214.1 billion over five years, and took back many of the business tax savings enacted the year before

The Sad Legacy of Ronald Reagan

17. 136 Debz
    June 30, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I would love to see that ad about health care run on every major media outlet, in every state. Just in case people didn’t see him speak the other day. Did any of the “big three” break in to show POTUS? He clearly explains the benefits of ACA.

18. 137 LadyTNT
    June 30, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Hey TOD peeps! I finally did it and committed to a phonebanking event today. We will be calling people in NC. I’m so nervous!!!! I’m afraid that I won’t know enough info if people start asking questions or want to spout GOP lies. I feel like I should have studied or something, but of course I didn’t. Wish me luck because I need it!!!

• June 30, 2012 at 2:56 pm

You’ll be greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat LadyTNT, good on ya for volunteering, legend!!!!

• 139 Dudette
      June 30, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Way to go!!

• June 30, 2012 at 3:02 pm

You’ll do great. If you read this blog, you’ll know plenty.

• 141 globalcitizenlinda
      June 30, 2012 at 3:02 pm

good luck!! you will do just fine.

In case you are nervous and do not remember some stuff, then just note the voter’s question down besides their phone number on your call sheet. You can then let them know you will get back to them when you have the exact information they seek.

• June 30, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Hello, Lady. You must be in TN???? I just finished calling NC–did 10 pages. Have to take them to Panera’s at 4:00 for data entry. It’s “easy peazy”………Thank you for helping. Bet it got easier the more you did, huh? btw, where are you?

• 143 a4alice
      June 30, 2012 at 3:23 pm

yay! Thanks for your service! Lady TNT! You’ll do great! Let us know how it went :D

19. June 30, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Just when you thought they couldn’t get any more deranged:

Chief Justice John Roberts’ surprise swing vote to uphold President Obama’s health care law left more than a few conservatives scratching their heads. Some scratched especially hard. Some just let their heads explode. Here are the best right-wing freak outs to Roberts’ decision.

On his radio show Thursday, conservative talk radio firebrand Michael Savage wondered whether Roberts’ epilepsy medication affected the chief justice’s cognition. “I’m going to tell you something that you’re not going to hear anywhere else, that you must pay attention to,” Savage said. “It’s well known that Roberts, unfortunately for him, has suffered from epileptic seizures. Therefore he has been on medication. Therefore neurologists will tell you that medication used for seizure disorders, such as epilepsy, can introduce mental slowing, forgetfulness and other cognitive problems. And if you look at Roberts’ writings you can see the cognitive dissociation in what he is saying,”

• 145 Squarepeg
      June 30, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Just putting that man’s personal business out there…horrible smh

June 30, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Lower than low. I’m so very sorry to hear that. There really are no words other than what you used, Chips: deranged.

I wonder how the Axelrod family and other families feel about this comment. Heck, I wonder what the John Roberts family thinks about the crowd it’s associated with – there’s a thought.

Truthfully, as much as I give Roberts “credit” for voting the way he did on the ACA, I’m also secretly hoping that he himself has been sickened by the outcome of Citizens United. Maybe it was his way of wrestling with his conscience. I know that’s a stretch, but it was certainly a stretch to get that vote out of him on the ACA, and anything’s possible with this crowd..

• June 30, 2012 at 4:01 pm

“I’m going to tell you something that you’re not going to hear anywhere else,”

This is code for “I’m just making shit up”.

20. 149 Dudette
    June 30, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Hi Ho Whaddya say… Nancy Smash beats Boner toupee.

21. June 30, 2012 at 3:16 pm

For anyone who missed this earlier, posted by amk and Dotster – I’m still hollering:

22. June 30, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Members of the international community on Saturday forged an agreement for a transition to end the violence in and bring peace to Syria.

The first step should be a recommitment to a cease-fire by both sides and implementation of a U.N. and Arab League-backed six-point plan without waiting for the actions of others, Joint Special Envoy Kofi Annan said.

A key to the process will be a transitional government, which Annan said could include members of the current Syrian regime. The make-up of such a body would be decided by the Syrians, he said.

“We are determined to work together urgently and intensively, to bring an end to the violence and the human rights abuses and the launch of a Syrian-led political process leading to a transition that meets the legit aspiration of the Syrian people,” Annan said.

23. 162 57andfemale
    June 30, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Question: Are there any restrictions on how I donate? If I want to donate $10 to all of our TOD fundraisers, is there a limit on how often I do that?

I just had the most wonderful talk with a sweet girl from DNC to which I donated. She was smart, enthusiastic, I felt connected.

24. 163 JER
    June 30, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I got a different letter:

…Here’s one more reason to chip in: At midnight, a supporter will be selected to join me on the road this coming week — just a few of us spending some time together on the campaign bus in between stops.

Want to be there? The deadline is midnight tonight:

And don’t worry about transportation — we’ll fly you out and pick you up, along with whoever you’d like to bring.

Hope to see you on the road soon.

– Barack

25. 164 Dudette
    June 30, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Just got a call from the DCCC asking for a donation.

Told them if they’re funding those traitors who voted for contempt charges this week, they won’t get a dime from me. I’m giving to individual candidates.

• 165 forus50
      June 30, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Agree. Most are up for reelection and if they can’t educate their voters on this issue well enough for them to understand it was a totally political show then they shouldn’t be representing Democratic voters anyway. The statement “facing a tough reelection” only is used for wimp Dems. RARELY do Republicans ever vote against their party.

26. 166 JER
    June 30, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Our family has spent more than a few days on the campaign trail.

We’ve had lots of card games, laughs, and fun family moments on that campaign bus.

Barack is hitting the road again next week, and he’s saving two seats on the bus for a supporter and their guest. We’ll pick the lucky winner in just a few hours.

So make a donation before the big fundraising deadline tonight, and you’ll be automatically entered to join Barack on the road.

The girls and I miss Barack when we’re not on the road with him. But I know he’s looking forward to hanging out with you — so I’ll let you take my seat this time.

Pitch in what you can before tonight’s critical fundraising deadline to be automatically entered to spend some time with Barack on the road:

Thanks, and good luck.

– Michelle

27. 168 DivasMom
    June 30, 2012 at 4:07 pm

John Boehner, you got mud on on your face, you big disgrace. Justice John Roberts, put you back in your place. We will, we will defeat you. This is what I had tweeted out. I guess it went to tweeter heaven.

RSS OFA