Jul

Romney Invested In Firm That Disposes of Aborted Fetuses … Bain Lies

David Corn (Mother Jones): Earlier this year, Mitt Romney nearly landed in a politically perilous controversy when the Huffington Post reported that in 1999 the GOP presidential candidate had been part of an investment group that invested $75 million in Stericycle, a medical-waste disposal firm that has been attacked by anti-abortion groups for disposing aborted fetuses collected from family planning clinics. Coming during the heat of the GOP primaries, as Romney tried to sell South Carolina Republicans on his pro-life bona fides, the revelation had the potential to damage the candidate’s reputation among values voters already suspicious of his shifting position on abortion.

But Bain Capital, the private equity firm Romney founded, tamped down the controversy. The company said Romney left the firm in February 1999 to run the troubled 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City and likely had nothing to with the deal. The matter never became a campaign issue. But documents filed by Bain and Stericycle with the Securities and Exchange Commission — and obtained by Mother Jones — list Romney as an active participant in the investment. And this deal helped Stericycle, a company with a poor safety record, grow, while yielding tens of millions of dollars in profits for Romney and his partners. The documents — one of which was signed by Romney — also contradict the official account of Romney’s exit from Bain.

Full post here

Thanks Pamela Brown

248 Responses to “Romney Invested In Firm That Disposes of Aborted Fetuses … Bain Lies”

1. 1 Proud Former White House Intern
    July 2, 2012 at 2:00 pm

GTHOH!

2. 4 Tally
    July 2, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I’m reposting this here because I CAN.

• 5 Proud Former White House Intern
      July 2, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Preach

• 7 Bill
      July 2, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Tally, why the media’s obsession over calling it a tax or not? George Stephanopoulous would not stop dwelling on it yesterday. Whenever someone would call it a tax he would begin giggling and say, “I told you so”. It was bizarre.

• 8 Tally
        July 2, 2012 at 2:15 pm

It’s truly mind boggling that they don’t realize it makes them all look completely stupid and desperate. Stupid especially that they couldn’t see it that way for the last two years, and it took Justice Roberts to TRANSLATE it for them as if he’s the human version of a Babel Fish.

3. 9 Pamela
    July 2, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Almost 2nd

4. 10 LadyTNT
    July 2, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Hello

5. 12 ChristiMTL
    July 2, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I just saw a clip of Morning Joe (I know I know) …the link was in one of the comments in Mediaite…..it’s worth watching!….something is going on in the media,..

• 13 Linda
      July 2, 2012 at 2:13 pm

That is from March 6th. I stopped after they said Reagan took down the Berlin Wall….that was GHWB.

• 18 Ladyhawke
      July 2, 2012 at 2:33 pm

This reminds me of the post from Paul Krugman where he said that Mitt Romney lies because he has CONTEMPT FOR THE MEDIA AND THE VOTERS. We all know that Mitt Romney is a pathological liar. Too many in the media have been tiptoeing around this issue. So it was interesting to hear Joe Scarborough actually say out loud that Mitt Romney “LIES.” It’s on video tape. Timid little Mika and the rest of the panel seemed very uncomfortable with the topic. I would like to think we have finally reached a tipping point with Mitt Romney’s lying. I was surprised to see that this was from March. At first I thought it was from last Friday’s broadcast of Morning Joe. As Steve Benen has demonstrated, there are so many volumes of lies we could talk about Mitt Romney’s mendacity everyday until November and beyond.

• 19 Lovepolitics2008
      July 2, 2012 at 2:33 pm

You just sense how uncomfortable they all are when Joe dares call it as it is.

But you know what I found absolutely astounding ? When Joe basically said that the campaign staff should use the same strategy that was used with Sarah Palin; “just give him a couple of lines that he has to repeat “. I mean, Romney is “auditionning” for the friggin’ PRESIDENCY of the United States and Joe says that the candidate needs his staff to dictate him what to say ??? Wow, Joe, do you think Romney should become the LEADER of the USA ???!!!!!!!

July 2, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Wow. Just wow. At this point, Mitt Romney’s whole existence is a lie. Different day, same sh**t.

• July 2, 2012 at 2:32 pm

This is big sh**t, uta. Romney has profited from a company that the religious right deems as supporting the devil. They have protested against this company. Documents PROVE that Bain lied to protect him from a damaging primary assault.

The question now is how we get this true info. to the rabid pro-llifers?

• 22 PoliticalJunkessa
        July 2, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Yes, this is big sheet indeed. He’s up to his perfectly coifed gray temples in bullsheet. :shock:

• July 2, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Good to have Kaiser doing so much to make ACA a reality.

• 25 Tally
        July 2, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Kaiser is the closest thing to a non-profit we have. It’s not, but it’s close. They pay their doctors a salary. The do not pay by the procedure.

• July 2, 2012 at 3:01 pm

All along the way, they have taken the lead with this in terms of implementing the provisions, disseminating accurate information in various forms, building out their website and informing their patients at every step.

• 28 susanne
          July 2, 2012 at 3:47 pm

i’m a kaiser patient, and very pleased with the care, the staff, and the rates. i can go on the secure website and read my medical records, email my doctor for a free consultation, and manage refills and appointments 24/7. my husband has had some serious medical problems in the past couple of years, and the level of care has been remarkable. for instance, in the hospital, the rn on duty to patient ratio was 1 to 2 (a wing for heart pts and post-stroke). they set up a cot for me in the room, and brought me hot tea, too. can’t say enough about how glad i am to have kaiser!

• 29 0388jojothecat
            July 2, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Wow, they must have really changed over the years. I remember many years ago kaiser was called “killer kaiser” because you got such poor service. I remember my first job I had kaiser, I went to see a doctor and I never heard back from him, he left and no one could tell me the results of my treatment.

• 30 Tally
              July 2, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Think 180° from that. Just like HMOs are awesome now because of all the class-action lawsuits when they were killing people. Now they’re AWESOME. Most PPOs work like HMOs anyway – you still have to get approval to do anything, otherwise they can deny your claim.

• 31 0388jojothecat
                July 2, 2012 at 8:49 pm

I know Tally. I now have Blue Cross with my employer and they are horrible. They can’t seem to pay the doctors and labs on time. It took them almost two years to pay my doctor. I thought it was because I was a “new” employee but the next year I had the same problem and the next year after that. I had a really good podiatrist and he stopped taking my insurance because of their “slow” payment. When I had Blue Cross private insurance back in the early 90’s they were great and affordable. I needed out patient surgery for something that today would be denied due to “pre-existing” condition.

I had a “discussion” with someone about ACA where they were spouting the RW talking points. Thanks to you and everyone here I was able to knock down all their talking points. Thanks!

July 2, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Goodness everywhere:) I’m in a spring cleaning mood…so I just keep checking in from time to time…nobody home but me:) I LOVE IT!! Stereo on…..I do get sidetracked though:) By the next time I check in, Mitt will have told 100 more lies….and Eric F. will be out of a job? HAHAHA….

July 2, 2012 at 3:19 pm

“I’m in a spring cleaning mood’

Oh! Next time you check in I’ll give you directions to my place, so that you can continue to nourish the mood. You can be alone here too.

July 2, 2012 at 3:40 pm

:) I’m DYING here! Getting sidetracked finding more and more crap….something to scrub, something to throw out. I’m in a purging mood…too flippin’ hot outside, so…here I go. I’d be happy to help you out, vc:) Pay to get me there, I’m good:) It would be fun!

July 2, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Just heard this…thought I’d share:) Summertime!

July 2, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Actually, that’s a thought, because I never consider cleaning fun. It’s hot here too, so I just sit inside and read or check out TODville.

July 2, 2012 at 4:04 pm

It’s invigorating! I like when I can see the immediate fruits of my labor:) Turn the music on…and get to it! :) Sisters in fun….!!

• 39 Pamela
      July 2, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Seattle a cool and pleasant 67F today, lovely to have all the doors and windows open, albeit a bit muggy, with an unusual humidity! Very, VERY, very nice for spring cleaning DF, So when you finish there at VC’s, I’ll tell you where the spare key is hidden! Okay? :lol:

July 2, 2012 at 4:07 pm

LOVE to get back to WA:) Used to live on the Hood Canal…little beach house….Cascades out my kitchen window:) WISH I could open the windows! Hotter than hell here…what else is new..summer in the desert. I’ll be in the pool later though…my reward for busting my butt today. Enjoy, Pamela…I’m jealous.

• 41 0388jojothecat
          July 2, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Hi Pam & df. I wish I were in WA too. My favorite place next to Portland, OR. One day I hope to retire in the PNW. It’s been warm and wet in the PNW, global warming much?

July 2, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Hi, jojo:) Where ever I end up…it won’t be here! Got to get myself to a blue state:) ANY blue state, at this point!

• 43 0388jojothecat
              July 2, 2012 at 8:41 pm

I hear you df. Do you think AZ will ever turn blue? Did you see the story someone posted about the Republicans shooting themselves in the foot with the Latino vote? I just can’t see AZ staying Red with the growing Latino population.

July 2, 2012 at 9:47 pm

If they vote, en masse…we’ll win. Maybe SB1070 and all the anti immigrant talk around here will get them more motivated than ever to get to the polls. I hope so.

July 2, 2012 at 2:17 pm

This is a BFD! Score one for AG Holder and the Obama administration.

• 46 COS
      July 2, 2012 at 2:41 pm

This is precisely the reason why they are trying to distract AG Holder with that “fast and furious” crap. PBO and AG Holder are forces to be rekoned with, and the right wing hate it. I am sure his accomplishments are almost as long as PBO if they were listed separately.

• 47 Ladyhawke
      July 2, 2012 at 2:45 pm

THE ADULTS ARE GETTING THE JOB DONE WHILE THE TODDLERS IN THE GOP THROW TANTRUMS

As I recall, Speaker Boehner tried to tell Norah O’Donnell on Face The Nation that one of the things the Republican Party wanted to address was healthcare fraud. That’s hilarious. Too late. Sorry Speaker Boehner you and your party are playing catchup again. President Obama and Attorney General Holder are already on the case and getting results. Yet another reason why the Republican Party is going after Attorney General Eric Holder. He’s doing his job and not sitting on his thumbs like Alberto Gonzalez.

• 48 whatisworking
      July 2, 2012 at 3:01 pm

That’s 3 Billion they don’t have to try and influence elections or defeat HCR – government is good.

9. 49 ChristiMTL
    July 2, 2012 at 2:23 pm

who is the anchor on msnbc at the moment? I don’t know his name but I want to send him a tweet…..

• 50 ChristiMTL
      July 2, 2012 at 2:36 pm

I send Craig Melvin a tweet…..a whole segment about that ridiculous story in Daily Beast……his guests were pathetic…..

10. July 2, 2012 at 2:24 pm
  11. July 2, 2012 at 2:27 pm

not shocked in the least about this story.

• July 2, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Me neither, rikyrah. Still this is a chance to either ignore a second front and focus on rebuttals to healthcare…or prove that we can both walk and chew gum.

12. July 2, 2012 at 2:34 pm

So the question is…was he lying to the SEC or to America…in my experience you can’t both not work for a company and sign documents stating you are a responsible principal at the same time. Would be interesting to see what he said on his tax returns for 1999 to 2002…

13. 58 Tally
    July 2, 2012 at 2:35 pm
  14. 60 Linda
    July 2, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-CA) dances along to Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe” in a video by the congresswoman’s summer interns. The interns made the video as a play on the Harvard baseball team’s rendition of the same song. “Everybody have a safe and happy Fourth of July,” Sanchez says at the end.

15. 62 Nili
    July 2, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Not sure if the embedding works, but has anyone seen this? :D

16. 68 Bill
    July 2, 2012 at 2:45 pm

MSNBC is praising an interview with Miss Ann in USA Today by Susan Page. She discusses her brave fight with MS. Nothing was mentioned about people with MS and no health insurance.

• 69 TrumpDog
      July 2, 2012 at 3:52 pm

As Mitch McTurtle would say, that’s not the issue.
      :roll:

• 70 Zekke LyDonna
      July 2, 2012 at 4:05 pm

This is a problem the MSM seems unwilling to address. Both Mitt and Mrs. Mitt don’t related to real people with real health problems. They talk in platitudes and mostly bullshit. How can you ‘pull yourself up by your bootstraps’, if you can’t even afford boots?

99 problems and Mitt ain’t one–Love it.

July 2, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Bill, I just sent a email to USA Today and ask them to tell Susan Page to ask Ann Romney what about the women who is battling MS or breast cancer and they have no health insurance? What do they do? I told them that Ann Romney had the best care that money could buy, but what about the women who have no health insurance? Ann Romney’s husband want to deprive these women of being able to get health insurance.

• 72 TrumpDog
        July 2, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Indeed. It is a lot easier battling a disease like this when you have the money the Romney’s do. It’s kind of like Magic Johnson and his HIV status…I applaud that she is well enough to jet ski and stuff but what about the people that her husband wants to be excluded from the ACA? What is his plan for making health care more affordable? What about his “Day One” plan of repealing how insurance can’t kick you off plan due to preexisting conditions???

• July 2, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Worse yet, if a couple loses their insurance, and say the wife has MS, she is now considered a “pre-existing condition”, and cannot get covered for her MS. Happens all the time. Ask Ann about that. What would she do if she was denied insurance because of her pre-existing condition?

17. July 2, 2012 at 2:54 pm

On newsnation, they were discussing the success of the Obama campaign against #MittTheLiar’s Bain experience. They ‘worry’ that PBO is being ‘too hard’ on #MendaciousMitt, and this might backfire on the campaign. WTF. No discussion of #MaleableMitt’s serial LIES about PBO’s record.

Also, I tweeted AliVelshi regarding lack of discussion re: Republicans Blocking PBO economic agenda. Behold.

• 75 Zekke LyDonna
      July 2, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Sorry, I could get my pic to post. Here is the reenactment.

@AliVelshi @CNNYourMoney What liberals want is for you to talk about WHO is BLOCKING economic growth. Do you fear Republicans? @Obama2012

Reply: @laughingzebra liberals can watch a liberal network for that. Congress is blocking economic growth & compromise is lacking on both sides.

He is definitely off my xmas list. WOW.

• 76 Linda
        July 2, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Second admission in two days from TeaNN that they are a Conservative network.

Don Lemon said it last night….

I wonder how much longer they will last with that business model.

• 77 ChristiMTL
      July 2, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Ridiculous but it’s not the first time that issue is raised…when the first Bain ads came out, the media went crazy over it……they work!…that’s why they’re not happy

18. 78 Linda
    July 2, 2012 at 2:56 pm

GOP water carrier Candy Crowley saying PBO is not campaigning on ObamaCare and lets Carly Fiorina lie about what is covered.

I e-mailed her and called her out for it……

19. 82 Ladyhawke
    July 2, 2012 at 3:00 pm

David Axelrod: Top GOP officials are `sliming their own nominee’

By Greg Sargent

—————————————-

Axelrod responded:

As we’ve said from the beginning, Gov. Romney’s problem is that his approach on health care was very much the model for the Affordable Care Act. His case for the mandate was as cogent as any. His explanation then of the penalty on “free riders,” who game the system and let taxpayers and the insured pick up their freight, was right on target.

So now, as the Republican Party and their SuperPacs try to depict this narrow, freeloader penalty, that would touch less than 1 percent of Americans, as a broad tax on the middle class, they’re sliming their own nominee, as well.

This is how the Obama campaign and Dems will respond, if and when Republicans and Super PACs continue to insist the Obamacare mandate is a massive tax increase, despite the Romney spokesman’s claim otherwise. They will argue that those Republicans and outside groups are “sliming their own nominee.”

———————————–

• 83 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
      July 2, 2012 at 4:02 pm
      • 84 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
        July 2, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Hope the hunter, fishermen meme will be useful in various parts of our wonderful America ….

• July 2, 2012 at 4:16 pm

That’s a great way of looking at it.

• 86 nathkatun7
      July 3, 2012 at 3:36 am

Ladyhawke, to be honest, I really I don’t understand Romney’s political tactics. Does he think that it’s good politics to go around telling the people in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Nevada, etc., that the health care reform he enacted, while he was governor of Massachusetts, was exceptionally good for the people in MA but is not good enough for the people in OH, PA, NV, etc.? Is he telling the people in the rest of the 49 States that they are not as good as the people in MA; or is he suggesting that people in MA were so dumb to buy into his Obamalike health care reform? Romney is the first presidential candidate who is afraid to run on his only achievement in elective office. He is afraid of pissing off the right wingers in his party. Can this country afford electing a man with no back bone as President?

20. 87 Tally
    July 2, 2012 at 3:07 pm
  21. 88 Liberal Librarian
    July 2, 2012 at 3:20 pm
      July 2, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Well, the truth is, he USED to support a woman’s right to choose..until it wasn’t convenient anymore…Shocked, I’m sure.

22. July 2, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Comments (0) By ALEXANDER BURNS | 7/2/12 1:54 PM EDT
    The Obama campaign has purchased new airtime across the 2012 swing states through the rest of July, a media-buying source tells me.

Team Obama has reserved time for 30-second ads from July 3 through 23 and 60-second slots from July 24 through July 30.

To date, Obama’s swing-state targets have been New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Ohio, Iowa, Colorado and Nevada. The campaign’s negative ads (plus anti-Bain ads from the super PAC Priorities USA Action) are credited with holding back Romney’s momentum coming out of the Republican primary season.

Good!

23. July 2, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I found it interesting to read that letter that Stephanie Cutter sent to factcheck.org about when exactly Willard quit working for Bain. Here is what I hope for: that the American public (not know for their grasp of subtle distinctions) learn Bain = Romney, no matter when he quit running the company to enter politics. I think the ads that are airing showing regular people suffering at the expense of Bain profiteering will go a long way toward deepening that association of Bain = Romney. The Obama campaign is doing a great job of defining Willard for the American public.

If it does become an embedded association, then when Romney left Bain won’t matter. He created the monster, and let it loose, so any damage created by Bain attaches to Romney. Really like the strategy.

24. 92 Liberal Librarian
    July 2, 2012 at 3:32 pm
  25. 94 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    July 2, 2012 at 3:36 pm
  26. July 2, 2012 at 3:37 pm

By MAGGIE HABERMAN | 7/2/12 2:24 PM
    Mitt Romney last week told a private group of potential supporters and business and media elite, including Rupert Murdoch, that he was treading carefully around the issue of immigration to avoid looking like a “flip-flopper.”

To late!

27. 100 ChristiMTL
    July 2, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Another Mother Jones story……now Bain issued a statement.

Romney Left Bain Later Than He Says, Documents Show

Bain issued this statement: “Mitt Romney retired from Bain Capital in February 1999. He has had no involvement in the management or investment activities of Bain Capital, or with any of its portfolio companies since that time.” (The Romney presidential campaign did not respond to requests for comment.)

But the document Romney signed related to the Stericycle deal did identify him as an participant in that particular deal and the person in charge of several Bain entities. (Did Bain and Romney file a document with the SEC that was not accurate?)

I was reading the comments and copied this one that says it all.

”I can understand having some loose ends and taking time – years – to disentangle yourself from deals and having work left over even as you were supposed to leave. Even as a programmer I’ve been called back months later to ‘find that password’ or ‘explain this setup’ as if I were still on payroll.

But I wouldn’t fib and say I’d severed all ties if in fact, I was still on record as doing work. And I’ve always been scrupulous about not giving work to companies not paying me. Of course, he was still receiving checks from Bain, (and still is) so…”

28. 104 Linda
    July 2, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Jonathon Capehart is dumb….he thinks that the Jewish people are AIPAC….No…..the Jewish Community in America does NOT support the Israel lobbyists and foreign entity known as AIPAC….Just the neo-cons do.

29. 105 Linda
    July 2, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Now Capehart says Murdoch does not like the President because he is a Democrat…..yet Murdoch held a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton…..

Capehart needs to go have lunch with his pal The Donald

30. 106 Linda
    July 2, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Romney is going to Israel next week…..

hahahahaaaaa suck up time

31. 108 susanne
    July 2, 2012 at 4:46 pm

love this:
    repooplickin’ mayor dan sullivan of alaska will be sworn into office remotely–from his vacation home in hawaii. he says the oath scheduling conflicted with his vacation plans.

32. 118 whatisworking
    July 2, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Carol-Care and Justin-Care: Extending Coverage on a Parent’s Health Plan

great video

33. 120 Ladyhawke
    July 2, 2012 at 5:00 pm

OH DEAR, GINGRICH BOWS TO FRANCE-BASED LEADER OF IRANIAN OPPOSITION GROUP

A shot across Gingrich’s bow

By Steve Benen

———————————–

The right’s preoccupation with bowing in recent years has been a little annoying. When Eisenhower bowed to foreign leaders it wasn’t important; when H.W. Bush bowed to foreign leaders no one cared; but when Obama greeted Japanese Emperor Akihito with a customary bow, the right went berserk.
    When Gingrich approached Rajavi, he bowed. (I’m not clear on why; as best as I can tell, bowing is not an Iranian custom.).
    And while that’s certainly of interest, I can’t quite get over Gingrich. The guy whines incessantly about Obama bowing, and then he goes to France to meet with an Iranian, at which point he ignores years of complaining and bows to an activist from a culture where bowing is uncommon?

———————————-

34. 121 whatisworking
    July 2, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Obamacare Grant To Create 5,600 Jobs, Treat Millions At Local Health Centers

35. 122 whatisworking
    July 2, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Supreme Court Strikes Mandatory Life Terms For Juveniles

36. 123 cognachas4paws
    July 2, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Mitt Romney – the liar, liar whose pants are perpetually on fire.

• 124 susanne
      July 2, 2012 at 5:21 pm

that would make a great advert–him running across the screen with his pants ablaze while the voiceover quotes him lying.

• 125 cognachas4paws
        July 2, 2012 at 7:14 pm

And when Congress returns to work, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear the building has gone up in flames from all the pants on fire after all the lying the GOP has been doing since Thursday.

37. July 2, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Scientists preparing to announce effective discovery of the Higgs boson, the so-called “God particle.”

From the Christian Science Monitor:
    —–
    CERN physicists to make ‘God particle’ announcement Wednesday (+video)
    CERN researchers say that they have all but proven the existence of the elusive Higgs boson, the so-called God particle that is thought to impart the property of mass to matter.

—–
    But after decades of work and billions of dollars spent, researchers at the European Organization for Nuclear Research, or CERN, say they aren’t quite ready to say they’ve “discovered” the particle.

Instead, experts familiar with the research at CERN’s vast complex on the Swiss-French border say that the massive data they have obtained will essentially show the footprint of the key particle known as the Higgs boson — all but proving it exists — but doesn’t allow them to say it has actually been glimpsed.
    —–

There’s a lot of other articles: here’s a few…

38. 130 Linda
    July 2, 2012 at 5:13 pm

hahahhaa… someone tweet MSNBC and Mark Halperin and Chris Cilizza and tell them McConnell already said he will not try to repeal Obamacare.

Halperin says the Republican Party is United in repealing it.

hhahahhaaaa

39. 131 lamh35
    July 2, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Just got some bad news from my fam in NOLA and just wanted to post some food for thought that’s on my mind and it kinda correlates with the whole healthcare discussion we are having in the wake of the ACA decision by SCOTUS

Man, one minute you have beaucoup time to do any and everything you want, so you push this back, and postpone that…you can always do it tomorrow but life is unpredictable. The good health you have today can be gone tomorrow and time is up. We all know that life is short, but sometimes I think we forget that life is just as unpredictable as it is short. The saying “don’t put off for tomorrow what you can do today” is so true.

July 2, 2012 at 5:17 pm
  41. 137 sabreen60
    July 2, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Republicans are such hypocrites it’s almost impossible to comprehend.

July 2, 2012 at 5:28 pm

DARN IT!!!! So much for the GOP theory that Pres. Obama is a socialist. He can’t even get being a socialist right. *Le Sigh*

43. 140 lisalovesobama
    July 2, 2012 at 5:34 pm

I’m guessing that AC 360 is the only person who didn’t know that it was an open secret that everyone knows that he’s gay. Well folks, he finally decided to confirm something everyone already knew:

ps- anyway, good for him for coming out. He’s a high profile gay man and it will do a world of good for young scared kids to see a role model like him.

44. 146 lisalovesobama
    July 2, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Do you ever wonder if the repugs think about the “values of traditional marriage” as they stick it to their DC mistresses aka escorts?

45. 147 Ladyhawke
    July 2, 2012 at 5:41 pm

THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT BY THE NUMBERS

——————————————————————–

Upheld last week by the Supreme Court, President Obama’s health reform law — the Affordable Care Act — ensures hard-working, middle class families will get the security they deserve and protects every American from the worst insurance company abuses.

Insurance companies no longer have unchecked power to cancel your policy, deny you coverage, or charge women more than men.

Soon, no American will ever again be denied care or charged more due to a pre-existing condition, like cancer or even asthma.

Preventive care will still be covered free of charge by insurance companies–including mammograms for women and wellness visits for seniors.

By August, millions of Americans will receive a rebate because their insurance company spent too much of their premium on administrative costs or CEO bonuses.

5.3 million seniors will continue to save $600 a year on their prescription drugs.

Efforts to strengthen and protect Medicare by cracking down on waste, fraud, and abuse will remain in place.

For a comprehensive overview of the Affordable Care Act, visit WhiteHouse.gov/HealthReform and HealthCare.gov. Or, Check out an infographic showing how the Affordable Care Act benefits Americans.

——————————————————————-

46. 148 Linda
    July 2, 2012 at 5:43 pm

GOP State Senator Not Conceding After End Of Recount In Wisconsin Recalls

Wisconsin Republican state Sen. Van Wanggaard still will not concede in his recall election, even now that a recount has wrapped. Before the recount, Democratic former state Sen. John Lehman led by 834 votes. That lead was cut to 819 votes in the recount.

“Unfortunately, rather than clarify the myriad of issues that surfaced on June 5, the recount uncovered even more suspicious activity,” Wanggaard said in a statement Monday. “The list of problems now includes missing pages in poll books, missing signatures, wrong voter numbers, wrong and unverified addresses and most shocking of all, unsealed and sealed and reopened ballot bags -– all without explanation. None of these issues would have been discovered if not for the recount.

“Anyone who argues that this recount was a waste of time, or that we do not need voter ID, either wants to conceal these potential fraudulent activities or hasn’t been paying attention,” he said. “As with my decision to pursue the recount, I will spend the next couple of days reviewing the evidence, speaking with voters, supporters and my family before deciding my next step.”

• 149 Tally
      July 2, 2012 at 6:30 pm

how about an independent audit of the e-voting machines and counting servers?

• 150 Dudette
        July 2, 2012 at 7:54 pm

THANK YOU! They won’t do it. The excuse will be cost or they’ll tie the audit to one party or the other. They’ll just recounting until votes “mysteriously” turn up for the R side.

I’ve been screaming about how vulnerable the e-voting machines and vote counting process is to corruption for years!!
        Call me a conspiracy theorist, but until I see there’s a legitimate audit process, I’m convinced the reason the Rethugs don’t care how many voters they alienate, is because they think they can rig the friggin’ election any way they want.

Turtle can freely say he doesn’t care about 30 million people not having health insurance, because he doesn’t have to worry about wooing those voters. After all the hard work we do to get out the vote, they can still just flip a few numbers in the code this way, flip some other numbers that way and “voila” — Obama is a one-termer and they take back the House. It’s not that far-fetched.

• 151 Tally
          July 2, 2012 at 9:40 pm

I fully believe this too. I worked in IT/software testing for years. I know how easy it is to hide code to get the software to do whatever you want. e-voting should never ben lawful, NOT EVER. You shsould write a piece and send it to Chips. Include this link: http://www.salon.com/2011/09/27/votinghack/

• 152 Tally
          July 2, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Just like I don’t believe for a second these ridiculous polls. There is no way Americans are this stupid that Mittiot is in the 40%. NO FUCKING WAY. The GOPMEDIA is complicit in this – just look at how many people in this country have NO CLUE about the ACA. That was the PRESS’s JOB. makes me want to pull my fucking hair out.

47. 153 Liberal Librarian
    July 2, 2012 at 5:44 pm

One of my new followers’ has this on their Twitter page:

“Mozart will live forever Gaga will be forgotten in a few years.”

Hear hear.

• 154 susanne
      July 2, 2012 at 5:51 pm

…and tony bennett is actually alive forever.
      true story: when i turned 21 years old, my parents (cue eye roll) took me to see tony at mr d’s club in north beach, san fran. he was already an old guy, in my estimation, at the time. and i am now a senior citizen. however, he admires gaga!

July 2, 2012 at 5:53 pm

And another news outlets devolves into tabloid trash. This is so laughable. :lol:

July 2, 2012 at 8:01 pm

UT, is this a joke? Are Slate for real, are these people so scared that they are going to lose, that they have to take whatever they can to encourage themselves about their man Mitt.

49. 157 susanne
    July 2, 2012 at 5:54 pm

how will this news play in florida?

‘florida could lose billions of dollars by rejecting healthcare reform act’ reported in the miami herald

50. July 2, 2012 at 5:58 pm

From the LAT:

Russian official: Romney’s hard line could bring ‘full-scale crisis’
    MOSCOW — Mitt Romney’s comment that Russia is America’s “No. 1 geopolitical foe,” a red-meat line for Republicans, is also attracting some attention in Moscow.

Alexey Pushkov, chairman of the international affairs committee of the State Duma, said in a recent interview that Russian leaders have noted Romney’s comments with concern, and are watching with interest as neoconservative and “realist” advisers maneuver for influence within the campaign.

“We don’t think that for us Romney will be an easy partner,” said Pushkov, an ally of President Vladimir Putin. “We think that Romney will be, on the rhetorical side, a replay of the Bush administration.”

He also noted Romney’s statements that the United States should assert its dominance in the 21st century.
    “If he is serious about this, I’m afraid he may choose the neocon-type people…In the first year of his presidency, we may have a full-scale crisis,” he said.

51. 161 Bill R.
    July 2, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Greetings from Salem, Oregon. It’s party sunny and a mild 68 degrees. Moving into the high 70s and low 80s later in the week. Sorry about the heat some of you are experiencing out there. I wouldn’t live anywhere other than the Pacific Northwest. Mild winters and mild summers. Here many Oregonians are celebrating the advancement of the ACA. Our governor with a help from the ACA is piloting a program in systems of health delivery that may become a model for the nation in prevention and cost containment through our Oregon Health Plan. That was the headline on Sat. and Sun. in our local paper.

• 162 Tally
      July 2, 2012 at 6:16 pm

AWESOME. :D

• 163 0388jojothecat
      July 2, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Hi Bill R.,

My hope is to move to the PNW when I retire (now living in SoCal). California is on track to have the exchanges ready by Oct 2013. When PBO is re-elected, Dems regain the house and hold on to the majority in the Senate, that we will be able to experience the vision that PBO has for us.

• 165 nathkatun7
      July 2, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Greetings Bill! I am happy you are enjoying mild weather in Salem, OR. Our temperatures are the same in our semi weather paradise in San Diego, CA. By the way, compared to us, your winters are not so mild. I say that having spent 4 years in Portland and 2 years in Eugene. Any way, Oregon has always been a pioneer and I am glad you are already ahead of the curve in implementing health care reform.

52. 166 lamh35
    July 2, 2012 at 6:09 pm

MEDIA ALERT: If anyone missed the Women’s USA Gymnastics Olympic Trials, it is now on NBCSP digital channel. Check ur tv guide.

53. 167 Tally
    July 2, 2012 at 6:16 pm
  54. 168 susanne
    July 2, 2012 at 6:16 pm

nj dems refuse to play along with christie’s tax refund boondogle

55. July 2, 2012 at 6:16 pm

CNN did a battleground state poll today, of 15 states and Willard is supposedly leading by 8 points.
    Then the disclaimer came in-

But CNN isn’t breaking down the numbers state by state and adds the significant caveat: “Results for respondents in these 15 states are not comparable with results from other polls that use a different list of ‘battleground states.’”

In other words, you are just going to have to trust us!
    Holy Shit, they got busted and they don’t care!

56. 172 Liberal Librarian
    July 2, 2012 at 6:19 pm

One of my tweets on David Corn’s piece:

57. 174 Tally
    July 2, 2012 at 6:29 pm
  58. 175 Melanie
    July 2, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Bill Burton is debating Norquist on CNN now re:healthcare.

59. 178 Tally
    July 2, 2012 at 6:45 pm
  60. 183 Dudette
    July 2, 2012 at 6:49 pm

WTH? Have I entered the Twilight Zone? Why is Rev Al doing a segment on Tom Cruise’s divorce?

• 184 Nena20409
      July 2, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Cause Ruppie Murdoch was tweeting about it?

I had the same question too. Then I thought about it, and Murdoch was the Only Logical answer that came to me.

• 185 Dudette
        July 2, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I missed that part, had to step away from computer. Still don’t get why that should be covered on Rev Al’s show.
        I guess he can cover what he wants, but it’s a divorce case.

Is there some political or social justice element in thie story that I missed or is Murdoch’s interest in it enough to make it “important” now?

• 186 Linda
          July 2, 2012 at 7:18 pm

They were discussing the religion part of it……Katie wants full custody so she can keep Siri away from Scientology. Apparently at age 7 the child has to go through some kind of indoctrination camp…. Katie established residency in New York State because it is easier to gain full custody there.

61. July 2, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I remember when all country stars were Repub. President Obama has a bunch of new friends in that segment of the music industry.

• 189 Melanie
      July 2, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Had an opportunity to meet Brad a while ago and he is genuinely a nice guy. Don’t know what his politics are but I can imagine since he’s doing this event that he may at least lean left or support PBO. Hope he doesn’t lose his country card/pass for this:))

• 190 Cha
        July 3, 2012 at 2:37 am

I read there’s a whole Democratic bunch of peeps in Nashville. Garth, Tim McGraw, and Faith Hill being some of them.

• 191 yardarm756
      July 2, 2012 at 7:45 pm

You gotta remember that a lot of them good ole boys are pro-military and love them some veterans. PBO has made his bones with the vets for sure.

62. July 2, 2012 at 7:04 pm

The Not Fun and Not Funny Knoller tweets that there is a change of plans—–President Obama will remain at Camp David another day, returning to WH on the 4th.

63. 195 Dudette
    July 2, 2012 at 7:18 pm

An Australian politician chose to get his message across by song, during a live television interview. Craig Emerson, the Australian Minister for Trade and Competitiveness, was responding to claims that a carbon tax would destroy towns such as Whyalla in South Australia.

“No Whyalla wipe-out there on my TV, shocking me right out of my brain,” he belted out. The line comes from the song Horror Movie, a 1970s hit for the Australian band Skyhooks.
    :-D

64. 196 Dudette
    July 2, 2012 at 7:20 pm

What a slacker! :-D

London 2012: Michael Phelps targets only seven gold medals
    Michael Phelps has opted out of the 200m freestyle at the Olympic Games and will instead chase seven gold medals.

The American is expected to concentrate on two butterfly and two individual medley events as well as three relays.

65. 197 Linda
    July 2, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I just blocked TeaNN on my remote…..it is all Right Wing all the time…..

It makes me sad since I lived in Atlanta on and off and am back here now… I remember when Ted Turner launched it back in the 80’s

• 198 Dudette
      July 2, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I wish Ted would buy it back and clean house!

• 199 Linda
        July 2, 2012 at 7:29 pm

7 PM is a tough hour for news….I switched over to Current and Uyger was screaming about some new policy on drugs the President is planning for his second term…and I mean screaming…..

• 200 Dudette
          July 2, 2012 at 8:07 pm

He’s regurgitating a story that was on GQ Politics this morning that was headlined on HuffPo as if it were gospel:

Headline has practically NOTHING to do with the article

Exclusive: In His Second Term, Obama Will Pivot to the Drug War

“According to ongoing discussions with Obama aides and associates, if the president wins a second term, he plans to tackle another American war that has so far been successful only in perpetuating more misery: the four decades of The Drug War.

Don’t expect miracles. There is very little the president can do by himself. And pot-smokers shouldn’t expect the president to come out in favor of legalizing marijuana. But from his days as a state senator in Illinois, Obama has considered the Drug War to be a failure, a conflict that has exacerbated the problem of drug abuse, devastated entire communities, changed policing practices for the worse, and has led to a generation of young children, disproportionately black and minority, to grow up in dislocated homes, or in none at all.”

——————————————

That was the extent of the author’s details about the President’s plans. The rest of the article is really a promo for a documentary on the Drug War “The House I Live In, from filmmaker Eugene Jarecki.”

The filmmaker’s the guy’s college roommate or drinking buddy. Nothing to see here.

July 2, 2012 at 7:33 pm
    July 2, 2012 at 7:41 pm
    July 2, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Guys…don’t fall for the new CNN poll on the horizon. It’s complete and utter BS. The methodology is BS. CNN admitted it was BS, yet their headline news is that Romney is crushing Pres. Obama in the polls and in swing states.

• 206 Dudette
      July 2, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Send that one to AC360! :-)

July 2, 2012 at 9:13 pm

I sent it to AC360, Situation Room too, and reminded them (TeaNN) that they were the network which announced that the Supreme Court struck down the entire ACA last week.

• 208 yardarm756
      July 2, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Could it be that’s why their ratings are in the toilet? Inquiring minds would like to know. In the mean time, maybe they have someone else who’s gay. ;-)

69. July 2, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Something we already knew—–John McCain is still the news media’s Most Favoritest Politician Of All

70. 214 Linda
    July 2, 2012 at 7:46 pm

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. — Federal regulators proposed a $3.7 million civil penalty Monday against the Canadian owner of a pipeline that ruptured in 2010, dumping more than 800 million gallons of oil into a southwestern Michigan river.

The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration said the penalty against Enbridge Inc. would be the largest it has imposed. In a letter to the company, the agency listed 24 violations of hazardous liquid pipeline regulations, including failure to fix corrosion problems in the damaged pipe joint discovered as far back as 2004.

It also said the company had failed to detect the rupture for 17 hours after it happened during a scheduled shutdown July 25, 2010. Instead, Enbridge personnel twice restarted the line despite receiving multiple alarms and “indications of abnormal operating conditions” in its control center.

Most of the more than 680,000 million gallons of oil that spilled into the Kalamazoo River and a tributary creek was injected into the line during that period, “causing the total spill volume to greatly exceed Enbridge’s worst case discharge scenario for this location,” said the letter signed by David Barrett, director of PHMSA’s central region office.

“We will hold pipeline operators accountable if they do not follow proper safety procedures to protect the environment and local communities,” U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said.

Enbridge, based in Calgary, Alberta, has 30 days to respond. It could accept the agency’s findings and pay the penalty or request a hearing before an administrative judge.

AP

71. 216 donna dem 4 obama
    July 2, 2012 at 7:55 pm

I sure do like this tweet :lol:

• 217 Cha
      July 3, 2012 at 2:33 am

Brilliant, thanks Donna! Anyone who reminds chuck toad that we know he drinks the koolaid is OKAY in my book!

72. 218 Suzette
    July 2, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Oh how the pendulum as shifted and shifted for the better I may add. It was a very interesting read and hope you all enjoy. I am not sure if you remember (I remembered him)

“Jonathan Krohn who took the political world by storm at 2009’s Conservative Political Action Conference when, at just 13 years old, he delivered an impromptu rallying cry for conservatism that became a viral hit and had some pegging him as a future star of the Republican Party…….”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/78068.html#ixzz1zVsQ5ZZU

• 219 Dudette
      July 2, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Salient point:

“I think it was naive,” Krohn now says of (his) speech. “It’s a 13-year-old kid saying stuff that he had heard for a long time.… I live in Georgia. We’re inundated with conservative talk in Georgia.… The speech was something that a 13-year-old does. You haven’t formed all your opinions. You’re really defeating yourself if you think you have all of your ideas in your head when you were 12 or 13. It’s impossible. You haven’t done enough.”

This young man’s journey to self-awareness and critical thinking explains exactly why Rethugs want to dumb down the country.

73. July 2, 2012 at 8:10 pm
  74. 221 carolyn
    July 2, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Well, Fineman was just on The Ed Show. He said what I said yesterday: That the president has changed the conversation so that universal health care is now the ideal. Ed showed the three times Chris Wallace hammered the turtle asking how they were going to provide universal health care, and showed Norah O’Donnell asking orangeman the same thing. This is now the question: Why NOT universal healthcare? The troglodytes (not what Fineman called them) just don’t get it he said. He said they were totally blindsided by the SCOTUS decision, and of course, now we know that they had a leak telling them how okey dokey the decision would be for them.
    So…..we have a new framework for the discussion. Also, Ed showed the graph demonstrating how the U.S. spends the most money per person on healthcare with not the best results. More and more information is coming out…..YES!!!

75. 222 Dudette
    July 2, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Off-Topic: M. Night Shaymalan fan’s check this out — something to look forward to!

Shooting is done for the sci-fi/adventure project 1000 A.E., now just called After Earth, starring father/son pairing Will Smith and Jaden Smith, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, and, courtesy of Comic Con, we have what I believe is the film’s first full synopsis which reads:

In After Earth, one thousand years after cataclysmic events forced humanity’s escape from Earth, Nova Prime has become mankind’s new home. Legendary General Cypher Raige (played by Will Smith) returns from an extended tour of duty to his estranged family, ready to be a father to his 13-year-old son, Kitai (played by Jaden Smith). When an asteroid storm damages Cypher and Kitai’s craft, they crash-land on a now unfamiliar and dangerous Earth. As his father lies dying in the cockpit, Kitai must trek across the hostile terrain to recover their rescue beacon. His whole life, Kitai has wanted nothing more than to be a soldier like his father. Today, he gets his chance.

Zoe Kravitz and Sophie Okonedo co-star star as sister/daughter and mother/wife respectively.

Both the sister and mother roles will likely be peripheral to the core story between father and son, in what will be more of a coming-of-age tale (or coming-into-his-own) tale with Jaden as the real star of the film.

Stephen Gaghan (Traffic, Syriana) was brought on to polish up Shaymalan’s script before shooting began (a very good idea IMHO), and Columbia Pictures is said to be planning a June 2013 release.

July 2, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Okay, LOD should be good tonight:

• 224 Ladyhawke
      July 2, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Well, it looks like something got into Norah O’Donnell this weekend. I am used to seeing her asking snarky and sarcastic questions of Jay Carney. But I was astonished at her performance this weekend. She actually did her homework, asked tough questions and challenged outlandish responses from Speaker In Name Only John Boehner. It was remarkable to witness. I just hope we see more journalism like this. And on top of that, Chris Wallace on Fox actually pressed Mitch McConnell on what the Republicans would do about healthcare. You could see that MM was not expecting to be challenged on his responses. Boehner and McConnell just looked weak. It really was pathetic.

• 225 Liberal Librarian
        July 2, 2012 at 8:43 pm

I have to, HAVE TO think there there is some residue of patriotism and a concern for the common good in our MSM, and that they’re starting to realize that what Romney and the GOP offer will destroy this country. And, also, I think they know that this election will not be the nail-biter they’re portraying it as, and don’t want to look like fools for carrying GOP water.

• 226 collegekay
      July 2, 2012 at 8:49 pm

hey hopefruit, how did you make out in the storm? did you lose your power?

July 2, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Hi ck – we lost power through early Sunday and we left MD yesterday only to find out that power was restored a few minutes AFTER we left!

Other than the inconvenience of not having power, the weekend was okay because I had family visiting and was not alone during the worst part of the storm!

How were things on your side?

• 228 collegekay
          July 2, 2012 at 8:59 pm

ok that’s good. Only thing that went out was cable. A lot of traffic lights were down, trees in the road, etc. we were blessed to keep our power and AC. Many of my family members are still without or they just got it back on today.

July 2, 2012 at 9:10 pm

I hope the rest of your family all get power back on soon. Going for days without power in 90-degree temperatures is unthinkable. We are SO dependent on electricity it’s scary – isn’t it? Gov O’Malley said that he will “stick his boot up PEPCO & BGE’s collective backsides” to ensure that they get people’s power restored ASAP.

• 230 collegekay
              July 2, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I trust Gov. O’Malley and Mayor Rawlings-Blake. They have done a good job at informing people of cooling centers and places giving out free water and ice.

I feel bad for everyone who’s been out of power for days — all their food spoiling in the fridge :(

77. July 2, 2012 at 8:36 pm

youtube Faces of Change: A Skeptic’s Story on Health Care Reform
    A wonderful story about the ACA

78. 233 susanne
    July 2, 2012 at 8:38 pm

poor robme, gotta dance with the one that brung ya–a continuing saga

bob diamond, under intense investigation for fraud and rate-fixing at barclay’s bank, has organized a fund-raiser for mittens, but now:

“mr diamond has decided to step aside as co-host for the upcoming london reception to focus all his attention on barclays, romney spokesperson said, and we respect his decision.’

79. 234 Dudette
    July 2, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Weellllll… it looks like a gauntlet has been thrown down by none other than FactCheck.org.
    Wouldn’t it be interesting if this ending up causing Myth Romney to be brought up on federal felony charges? Ha ha ha ha ha ha!
    ———————————————–

FactCheck to Obama Camp: Your Complaint is All Wet

I wound up there from a TPM blurb:

80. 235 Bill R.
    July 2, 2012 at 8:44 pm

It should be interesting as RW heads explode about Romney’s making profits from dead fetuses.

• 236 susanne
      July 2, 2012 at 9:02 pm

if we get to see it; surely the mommy-jeans party will protect its widdle ones from the big bad truth.

81. 237 yardarm756
    July 2, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Watching Ed Shultz and that S.E.Cupp broad is a piece of………!

• 238 carolyn
      July 2, 2012 at 8:56 pm

I had never seen her before…..she is awful! I wanted to reach through the TV and slap her! Not one of those three people had the up to date polling on the ACA either. That 67% number of disapproval is WAY out of date. People on this blog are more up to date. Perhaps we should replace some of these talkers on the shows???? S.E.Cupp just basically talked over the man on her left. He got to say very little. Fortunately, ole Ed can talk louder and longer.

• 239 Ladyhawke
      July 2, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Yardam, don’t get me started. S. E. CUPP is so annoying. I tried to watch The Cycle today but I couldn’t get through it. I really think that Krystal Ball should have her own show. I can’t get enough of her sensible and pragmatic analysis. I find the other members of the panel lacking. Although if I had to keep one of the remaining three, it would be Steve Kornacki.

82. 240 Dudette
    July 2, 2012 at 8:48 pm

The GOP plan for the uninsured

For those who don’t have time to watch this video of Senator McConnell’s remarks on one of the Sunday talk shows, here’s a handy summary. The question, which is repeated several times, is what is the GOP’s plan to find coverage for the 30 million uninsured after they supposedly repeal the Affordable Care Act. Minority leader Mitch McConnell trots out a number of answers:

“I’ll get to it in a minute (actually I’m never going to get to it).”

“Let me tell you about some other things we’re not going to do.”

“What we’re going to do is go step by step to do a bunch of other things that will not address that problem.”

“I can’t hear you. My fingers are in my ears.”

“Who thinks that is a problem we are supposed to address?”

Why do you keep asking me that? Isn’t this Fox News?”

“We’re just not going to do it, OK?”

—————–
    LOL! :-D

83. July 2, 2012 at 8:49 pm

CNN poll has Romney up 10 points now, but the President leads by 3 points nationally.
    Natinally, The President leads women by 12 and loses men by 5.
    So, basic national demographics are 51% women and 49% men.
    Do the Math?

• July 2, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Battleground states that Robney are up ten 3 more are added from the NBC poll 4 days ago, when the President was up 8.
      That is an 18 point difference in 4 days time.
      The other States, Arizona, Indiana and Missouri.
      I guess those 3 States makes an 18 point difference???
      How much does Robney pay for this one poll?

July 2, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Check UT’s comment upthread about this bogus “poll.”

July 2, 2012 at 9:02 pm

I email TeaNN and told them that their poll is full of alot of B.S. By the way I don’t call them CNN anymore. But I had to remind them that they are the network that announced that the entire ACA law was struck down last week by the Supreme Court. Wrong!!!!

84. 246 susanne
    July 2, 2012 at 9:01 pm

okay, this from charles pierce, ‘for discussion':