Jul

“is he serious?”

Vice President Joe Biden hugs his wife Jill Biden before speaking at the National Education Association convention at the Washington Convention Center on July 3

ABC: …. Vice President Joe Biden today warned the nation’s public school teachers that they are “under full blown assault” from Mitt Romney and the Republican Party.

“Gov. Romney and his allies in the Congress, their plan for public education in America is to let the states use Title One dollars to boost enrollment in private schools,” Biden told a crowd of more than 15,000 delegates at the National Education Association convention in Washington.

“I’m not looking for boos,” he told the crowd, which was reacting to mention of Romney. “I think we should just have a straight honest to God talk about the difference between… how President Obama and I view education and how our Republican colleagues today view it.”

…. Citing the House Republican budget, Biden said a President Romney would gut investments in public education and lead to more teacher layoffs. He hit Romney for recent comments opposing additional federal aid to states to boost teacher hiring and claims that smaller class sizes don’t matter in student success.

“If you really want to know how fundamentally out of touch he is with what made you choose your profession go to his website,” Biden said. “Here’s what he says about you, and I’m quoting. ‘When your cause in life,’ referring to you… ‘is preventing parents from having a meaningful choice, or children from having a real chance, then you’re on the wrong side.’ That’s what he thinks of you. Pretty astounding,” Biden said.

“Your cause in life is preventing parents from seeing their children have an opportunity to dream? Your cause in life is preventing children from having a real chance? Is he serious? He is though,” he added.  “I believe he means what he says. I can’t think of a candidate for president who has made such a direct assault on such an honorable profession.”

More here

122 Responses to ““is he serious?””

July 3, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Hi Theo

• July 3, 2012 at 5:09 pm

VC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 3, 2012 at 5:16 pm

This is a new picture for me, thank you Ms Chips. :lol: :lol:

• 4 Betsy
          July 3, 2012 at 10:22 pm

I haven’t seen this on either. What a great picture! I like how he always goes down on the level of the kids to speak with them. Love this picture!

July 4, 2012 at 8:26 am

And with never a sense of condescension! I love his heart for people, there is never a question that he sees US, and not just as votes, and not just at election time!

Hi Betsy, how’s the vacation going? (If you answer, please answer in the current thread. Running backwards slows me down in my TOD 1st place marathon training. ;) )

2. 6 theo67
    July 3, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Hi VC! :)

July 3, 2012 at 5:07 pm

me?

July 3, 2012 at 5:08 pm

You guys are hilarious! From the same couch???

5. July 3, 2012 at 5:11 pm

great ad from Team Obama

6. 29 Judith Fardig
    July 3, 2012 at 5:11 pm

I come from a long line of teachers, and Joe is right!!

• 30 Betsy
      July 3, 2012 at 10:25 pm

I am currently a teacher, and I also agree that Joe is right! My school board is a mini GOP congress. They won’t give us more days in the classroom, they’re sitting on tons of money in their reserves, they won’t pay us anymore and they blame us for everything.

7. 31 Dudette
    July 3, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Sigh! I love my VPOTUS!! and my SLOTUS!!

July 3, 2012 at 5:16 pm

We really are a fun bunch. Love you guys:)

9. 33 Dudette
    July 3, 2012 at 5:17 pm

There I was back on the previous post going on about boob-squishin’ and googly eyes and such, while everyone snuck over here to oogle my Joey B. Sooooo not fair! :-?

10. 41 isonprize
    July 3, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Just came over from Kevin Moore, otherwise known as Keb Mo, and the jammin’ slammin’ bottle neck guitar. How utterly American. Like he said “this may take awhile….”

I love, love, LOVE me some Joey B!!! Joe Biden is a very smart man. They say ‘gaffes’ I say ‘honesty’

• 42 Dudette
      July 3, 2012 at 5:24 pm

See what I’m sayin’? :-)

• 43 utaustinliberal
      July 3, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Nailed it in one: “They say ‘gaffes’ I say honesty” That’s just one of the reasons I LOOOOOOOVE VP Biden aka Joey B. He is honest to a fault. He’s the BEST and his soul is beautiful. :)

• 44 Betsy
        July 3, 2012 at 10:27 pm

It’s that honesty that attracted PBO, in my opinion. The fact that he could totally trust Biden, no matter what. They’ve grown closer together, and I think they are a fantastic team!

• 45 nathkatun7
      July 4, 2012 at 12:32 am

Yes Indeed! Joe is for real! He is one of the most honest and the most authentic politicians I know. On top of that, he is also very smart very knowledgeable about both domestic and foreign policy. You can also tell that the Bidens, like the Obamas, love to be around ordinary people; and they are also comfortable in expressing their love for each other. I don’t care what any one else says but I am absolutely convinced that Americans made a brilliant choice when they elected President Obama and Vice President Biden. Both of these men are smart, caring and true family men. They also married brilliant wives who have so much to offer the American people and who have been incredible role models.

11. 46 isonprize
    July 3, 2012 at 5:22 pm

AND, Joey’s wife, his beloved Jill, is a teacher. MITT MESSED WITH THE WRONG ONE!!!

12. 48 jeff
    July 3, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Biden is a great guy that gets treated like a rug by the corporate ran media.

13. July 3, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Joe and Jill seem to be another couple, in addition to the Obamas, who love each other a whole bunch. You can just see it when they’re together or when they talk about each other.

14. 51 Tally
    July 3, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Those of you with HBO (and those of you without, should GET IT for this):

YOU MUST WATCH NEWSROOM. (Aaron Sorkin – who puts in Shakespeare references for ME personally.) :D

The first five minutes of the pilot will have you on your feet cheering.

I’m not kidding.

Trust me.

Get HBO. Go to HBO.com. Sign up for HBOGO. Watch the first episode online. You can catch the 2nd one in repeats this week. Ep 3 starts airing Sunday at 10pm EDT.

DO. IT.

• July 3, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Can’t wait to see it Tally!

• 53 Tally
      July 3, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Sorry – the first EIGHT minutes. Had to go back and re-watch the EPIC AWESOMENESS.

• 54 Tally
      July 3, 2012 at 5:44 pm

And the Pilot is watchable on regular HBO.com. And onDemand if you have it.

HBOGO has ep 2.

• 55 Dudette
      July 3, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Aye aye, Cap’n. Marchin’ orders received! :-)

• 56 cookemom
      July 3, 2012 at 5:50 pm

If you have HBO with On Demand, then you can also catch the episodes there, including behind the scenes and introductionary stuffs.

• July 3, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I love it also. Only the news types are critical. Gee, I wonder why.

• 58 purpleshoesla
      July 3, 2012 at 7:07 pm

For those who don’t have HBO, the first episode at least is on the you tubers. HBO posted it on their channel. I just watched it there (starting my holiday early :wink:) and it is effing brilliant! I now understand why it was panned in some circles. Totally shows what a JOKE corporate “lamestream” media has become. Here’s the link…

• 59 susanne
        July 3, 2012 at 7:46 pm

oooooo! thanks purpleshoes! i’ve been wanting to see this but no access. looove this site! many thanks chips, for bringing us all together! big family picnic here tomorrow?!??

• 60 yardarm756
        July 3, 2012 at 10:07 pm

OMG! The first 10 min is dead on. This has the makings of a West Wing type of dynamic. I wonder whose ass will be scorched in the media. Yummy, I can’t wait.

15. 61 Dudette
    July 3, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Alright. I’m leaving work, so I can go home and have a nice relaxing evening, before the fam knows I’m free. :-)

Y’all have a beautiful Fourth of July! And remember… Safety First!

July 3, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I say let this stupid ass SOB talk himself out of Congress. What a disgusting person he is. Good on the veterans!!

Veterans Flood Rep. Joe Walsh’s Facebook Page To Denounce His Attacks Against Double Amputee

• 64 Tally
      July 3, 2012 at 5:58 pm

AWESOME. Fucking deadbeat dad.

July 3, 2012 at 5:59 pm

So Rep. Joe Walsh serve in what, the Army, Marine, what?

July 3, 2012 at 6:03 pm

Zip. Zilch. Nada. Deadbeat on more than one account. Kick his sorry ass to the curb. He’s so offensive on so many levels.

• July 3, 2012 at 6:52 pm

I saw a tweet that said he was a vet, alright——of Family Court.
          He has no decency, a thoroughly disgusting human being.
          I traipsed around knocking on doors for Melissa Bean because I knew who this tea party darling was and wanted to do everything I could to keep him far away from our govt. But 2010 was the year when too many people decided they couldn’t be bothered to vote, and he won by a few votes. I can’t wait until he is sent packing.

• 68 nathkatun7
        July 4, 2012 at 1:11 am

He is another “Chicken Hawk,” annibella. He never served a day in the military or any other job that required him to sacrifice for his fellow Americans! All he knows is greed and selfishness. He tried to cover that up by invoking John McCain Joe Walsh is one sorry human being. What sort of human being would attack and question the patriotism of an amputee who served heroically for her country. But then again what did we expect from a man who earns a 6 figure income but fails/refuses to pay child support. Every time Republicans who support Joe Walsh talk about family values I feel like puking. I pray that the people in his congressional district will vote him out of office in November. Joe Walsh is a disgrace to America, Congress, and the State of Illinois.

17. 69 carolyn
    July 3, 2012 at 5:49 pm

As a lifelong teacher, it’s so good to hear our VP stand up for us. We have been demonized and made the scapegoats for all the ills of the country since Reagan. When there are no more public schools, there will be no more democracy. Private schools and charter schools stratify kids, so they never see anyone outside their economic level or color or class. I feel particularly blessed to have attended public schools in Chicago and San Francisco where I attended with kids from all over the world, of all colors, of all religions, of all ethnic backgrounds. That sure does take away your fear of “the other.”
    We need PUBLIC schools, supported financially and mentally and emotionally by all. These teachers are doing the actual work others deride, or talk about. Romney only went to upper crust all white schools for the very rich. He has no idea about public schools. My brother-in-law has taught in such a school in California for 20 years. The clientele of that school are snobby and just plain nasty. Every year his job is on the line. That is why there NEEDS to be associations such as the NEA and AFT. Teachers cannot teach when they are constantly under threat.
    Go JOE!!!
    I just hope the teachers will realize what the Republicans want to do to them.

July 3, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Do you do work with Educators for Obama??/ You should:)

• 71 purpleshoesla
      July 3, 2012 at 7:24 pm

“We have been demonized and made the scapegoats for all the ills of the country since Reagan. When there are no more public schools, there will be no more democracy.”

Right on Carolyn! I’m not a teacher but have several generations of public teachers and public education/academicians in my family. The denigration of public school teachers, public schools and the systematic dumbing down of education and our children as a result makes me see red instantaneously.

• 72 Betsy
      July 3, 2012 at 10:40 pm

As a teacher myself, I’m with you Carolyn.

• 73 nathkatun7
      July 4, 2012 at 1:30 am

Thanks for being “a lifelong teacher.” Yes teachers deserve the right to bargain collectively. Collective bargaining for salary and working conditions does not take away from the incredible jobs most teachers perform everyday. I also believe privatizing schools will end up creating a more pronounced hierarchical society than the one we have now. Besides, the fact that denominational private schools only want to teach the Bible means that we will end with people who can recite the bible but can offer no other skills to advance our country.

18. 74 Dudette
    July 3, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I can think of all kinds of crass things to say, but why bother? These Republicans put the ass in crass…

That is all!

19. July 3, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I felt bad when I heard that the Obamas will not be vacationing on Martha’s Vineyard this August. No family is more deserving, but I guess they feel they can’t do it this year. I also heard the house they had been renting was sold. That probably wasn’t the reason even though it was perfectly situated for security.

• 76 Betsy
      July 3, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Do they know what they’re doing for a holiday? They can come to my house in California. We don’t have room for the secret service, but it would be great to have them stay here in sunny CAlifornia. :D

• July 3, 2012 at 6:13 pm

This makes me sick to my stomach and downright scared. Is there ANYTHING the DOJ or anyone else do???

July 3, 2012 at 6:23 pm

No…he sided with Dems:) That voter’s SHOULD be able to vote….it’s a good thing!

• 82 cognachas4paws
        July 3, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I want to thank you for asking if there was anything the DOJ could do before just saying “the DOJ isn’t doing anything about this” because I have read so many comments – not here, on another site that I hardly go to anymore because of stuff like that – saying the DOJ isn’t working on these voter ID laws and why not and on and on and on. It’s so easy to just go to the DOJ website and see exactly what they’re doing – all the cases they’ve filed, all the ones they’ve sent supporting briefs to the states on, the cease and desist letters, etc. They’re NOT sitting on their hands – Eric Holder is doing all he can on these things and I get so tired of the attacks on him FROM THE LEFT!!! I make people mad when I start linking to their site where the list of cases and briefs are posted but I don’t care. The truth needs to get out there. Holder gets enough flack from the right, he certainly doesn’t need it from the left, too.

So again, thank you. And Happy 4th!

20. 86 JER
    July 3, 2012 at 6:10 pm

GASOLINE’S DROP TOWARD $3 PROVIDES OBAMA A LIFT:

U.S. gasoline prices at the pump, headed to $4 a gallon in April, are dropping toward $3 as the July Fourth holiday approaches, giving consumers relief and a boost to President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign. …

“Two months ago, the Republicans in Congress were trying to place blame on the administration for the high energy prices, and, boy, you haven’t heard that in a month now,” Bruce Oppenheimer, a Nashville, Tennessee-based Vanderbilt University professor who has studied energy and politics, said in a June 29 telephone interview. “All of a sudden, it went from the front burner, to the back burner, to off the burner.” …

Read more: http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-07-03/gasoline-s-drop-toward-3-provides-obama-a-lift-energy-m

• July 3, 2012 at 6:14 pm

In this area, it is $2.92 or $2.94 at every station. How ’bout that???

• 88 daisydem
        July 3, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Wow!

• 89 majiir
        July 3, 2012 at 8:24 pm

It’s averaging $2.88 a gallon here in Middle GA, and I’m hearing NOTHING from the hammerheads about it. They had plenty to say when the price of gas was going up, up, up. If they say anything, it won’t be something positive about PBO’s role in bringing the price of gas down.

• 90 Pamela
          July 3, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Filled up yesterday for $3.95, the lowest it’s been in months, but saw a $3.85 later today…..

• 91 yardarm756
        July 3, 2012 at 10:17 pm

$3.50 in Lake county IN. It’s cheaper than Chicago.

• 92 japa21
      July 3, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Just went up .15 here today. Oil has gone up about #10 a barrel in the past week. We’ll see what happens after the 4th.

• 94 cognachas4paws
      July 3, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Well this link just pretty much ended the time I spend on another site because they made a post about this but it was making fun of Romney’s incorrect use of a Venn Diagram; this is the 2nd Venn they’ve used and both times it has been used incorrectly. That might be worthy of a chuckle or two – Romney does have two Harvard degrees so you’d think he’d know better – BUT they didn’t say one word about the fact that the data they were showing to begin with was incorrect!!! This is a news site – or at least, I thought it was. I just posted this link there for everyone to see the most important part of the story but I think I’ll be limiting my time there from now on.

This blog is much better at reporting the NEWS than so-called news sites.

21. 95 daisydem
    July 3, 2012 at 6:20 pm

There was at least one teacher/professor at every level of my education: grade school through college who had a profound influence on my life; who were encouraging (Ms. Esslinger), nurturing (Mrs. Ward), mentoring (Ms. Bart), who challenged me (Mr. Francis) and who inspired me (Dr. Hutchens). There were more .. but these were key ones I will never forget. Yes, I had supportive parents (though they never pursued an educational track), but I am so different from them and yet they could want for me what I wanted AND they too appreciated the individuals I have named above; they appreciated my teachers and my feelings for them. Thank you Vice-President Joe and you too Dr. Jill Biden, who I am sure is a wonderful educator) for talking to and supporting the teachers in this country! We love you.

• 96 cognachas4paws
      July 3, 2012 at 8:21 pm

I will NEVER forget my 7th grade math teacher – Mrs. Jaffe. I was not good at math, to the point where if I got a D on something, that was a “good” grade for me. Pathetic, I know! But Mrs. Jaffe refused to let me give up on myself but, most importantly, SHE did not give up on ME. She worked with me and worked with me and I finally took a test where I got a C+. She was so happy about that grade that she hugged me right there in the class when she gave me my test paper back. From that moment on, I realized I could do math and I stopped telling myself I couldn’t. I don’t know if that ever would have happened without her and I will NEVER forget her.

I also had a great professor during my undergrad studies – he was Brazilian and he had a difficult last name so he told everyone to just call him Professor Mariano. Any political science class he taught, I would take it. When he got his PhD, he just continued to go by Professor Mariano but I called him Dr. Mariano – I thought I owed him that bit of extra respect and acknowledgement of his achievement because not only did he deserve the PhD, he earned that respect. The best thing about him is that he really cares about the subjects he teaches and he really cares about his students. I wrote a paper about President Clinton and he sent me a very nice letter afterward and I treasure that because I respect him so much and cannot believe I made that much of an impression on him. If I could get my undergrad degree all over again, I’d move to Iowa so I could take his classes (he moved there shortly after I graduated).

Teachers can really touch your life in the most profound ways. They deserve our respect and admiration and I am so thankful for the attention Vice President Biden and Dr. Biden pay to teachers and the hard work they do.

(PS – didn’t mean to be so long-winded!)

July 3, 2012 at 6:26 pm

U.S. energy regulators have subpoenaed JPMorgan Chase & Co to produce 25 internal emails as part of an investigation into whether the bank manipulated electricity markets in California and the Midwest.

The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), which has recently stepped up its efforts to end manipulation of U.S. power markets, filed a petition in federal court on Monday to require the bank to produce emails from 2010 and 2011 as part of a formal investigation into the bank’s power trading.

News of the subpoena follows a series of more advanced probes of other big Wall Street banks and a record $245 million penalty against Constellation Energy that have sent shudders through electric markets this year, rekindling memories of the California power crisis and Enron melt-down a decade ago.

The inquiry also comes at a delicate moment for JPMorgan, already facing losses from its disastrous “London Whale” derivative trades that could amount to as much as $6 billion.

FERC does not normally disclose investigations, but it chose to subpoena JPMorgan after the bank claimed emails – some between commodities chief Blythe Masters and head of principal commodity investments Francis Dunleavy – were protected by attorney-client privilege, which the regulator disputes.

“The investigation focuses on JPMorgan bidding practices that may have been designed to manipulate the California and Midwest electricity markets,” FERC lawyers said in the subpoena.

“Any such improper payments to generators are ultimately borne by the households, businesses, and government entities that are the end consumers of electricity.”

We want LESS REGULATIONS< WHY????????????????????????????

23. July 3, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Sen. Sherrod Brown has an interesting opponent in senate race in Ohio. And this is the conservatives’ sweetheart candidate, pouring in $9 million to try to influence the election. (maybe swayed because he was attractive in drag)

24. 101 Geeja
    July 3, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Have a wonderful and safe 4th TOD family. Thanks again Chips for providing this safe haven!

July 3, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Manchester United Ltd, the world’s best-supported soccer club, filed with U.S. regulators to raise up to $100 million in an initial public offering of its Class A common stock.

Ok all you soccer fans…you can own a little piece:)

July 3, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Pakistan and the United States reached a deal on Tuesday to reopen land routes that NATO uses to supply troops in Afghanistan, ending a seven-month crisis that damaged ties between the two countries and complicated the U.S.-led Afghan war effort.

July 3, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Since Fortune published “The Truth about the Fast and Furious Scandal” on June 27, thousands of comments have been posted on Fortune.com either praising or vilifying the article. Among the questions often raised by critics of the article (including Sen. Charles Grassley) concern assertions that the ATF encouraged gun dealers to sell weapons to known traffickers. If the ATF was encouraging such sales, the argument goes, it would be proof that the agency had a policy to allow weapons to fall into the hands of Mexican drug cartels, the core contention in what is known as the Fast and Furious scandal.
    In the six months of investigations that led Fortune to conclude that the ATF had no policy to intentionally permit weapons to be trafficked, we examined 2,000 pages of ATF records, Congressional reports and testimony, and interviewed 39 people involved in or knowledgeable about the case. That body of evidence shows the ATF did not have a policy of encouraging gun dealers to sell to traffickers. Until now, the alleged encouragement of gun-dealers has not been a central focus of the Fast and Furious scandal. As a result, we did not address those points in the article. However, given the interest in this question, we thought it was worth taking readers through the evidence on this point.

• 108 cognachas4paws
      July 3, 2012 at 7:11 pm

That was a nice article, thank you for the link. Certainly the Obamas and the Bidens care deeply for our fighting men and women and, just as importantly, for their spouses. Sometimes the families of the enlisted get forgotten so messages like this are very important.

It certainly stands in stark contrast to Rep. Joe Walsh’s (R-IL-8th) nasty comment about his opponent, Tammy Duckworth, who lost both her legs while serving and really makes you wonder just which party is it again that care about our military? The GOP says it is them and only them but I don’t see it, not with their words and certainly not their deeds.

July 3, 2012 at 6:47 pm

http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/vets/VETS20121351.htm This admin. works SO HARD! Good for them. Good for US!

US Labor Department announces more than $20 million in grants to provide job training for more than 11,000 homeless veterans

29. 110 Linda
    July 3, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Oh Good Grief…..now the media is stalking Chief Justice Roberts…..he just arrived in Malta where he was scheduled to teach a class….

I won’t link to HP but hear are the pictures…..

30. July 3, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Helloooo TODville, Hiya Mayor Chips (salutes); waves to VC and the gang. Anyhoo, it is long after (by several hours) my bedtime but I wanted to take a moment and wish all TODville citizens and lurkers a HAPPY 4th of July.
    A plea to wonderful, awesome, the bestest mayor ever, no more cheese puffs, it is cruel and unusual punishment since I cannot mind them here, not that one should be eating those things anyway (mutters grudgingly about those who have cheese puffs and wont share) :)

31. 112 susanne
    July 3, 2012 at 6:55 pm

chips, thanks so much for the keb mo video. and happy independence day to all!

July 3, 2012 at 6:57 pm

33. July 3, 2012 at 7:01 pm

The Obama campaign is making sure that Mitt Romney’s lakeside retreat is no escape from the campaign trail.

If Romney marches in the Independence Day parade in Wolfeboro, N.H., as expected, he will be joined by Obama surrogates, who on Tuesday afternoon announced their intent to participate in the parade Wednesday morning.

And if the presumptive Republican presidential nominee turns on a television at his 13-acre compound, where he is vacationing this week, he could see a new Obama campaign ad blasting him for outsourcing jobs as a business executive.

The parade in Wolfeboro, usually a modest affair in a small vacation town, has captured national attention amid rumors that Romney and his family will be part of the festivities. Parade Marshal Harold Chamberlin told the Globe Sunday that Romney has been invited but said he could not confirm the former Massachusetts governor’s attendance.

The Obama campaign appears convinced that Romney will be there. It plans to dispatch Massachusetts Democratic Party Chairman John Walsh, state Representative Jeffrey Sanchez and a group of campaign volunteers to Wolfeboro to act as Romney counterparts in the 10 a.m. march down Main Street. The Democrats will speak to the press after the event.

34. 116 Linda
    July 3, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Michael Steele just admitted that the Republicans are going to go with the narrative that the ACA is a Tax on all Americans knowing that it only effects a few…..

Instead of correcting the public and telling them they are misinformed ….they are going to run with the lie and Michael Scomercich (or whatever his name is ) just sat there….

Also Maggie Haberman is a right wing fool…

The end

• 117 Vicki
      July 3, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Right you are on this trio—all right-wingers. On Chris Matthew’s show. SE Cupp at 3:00. MSNBC slips further over the edge each day. Ed Al Rachel and LOD will have to run even faster just to stay in place!

July 3, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Well that guy who works for Mitt Romney disagree with the Republicans. But I have a feeling the guy with no core will flip flop again.

July 3, 2012 at 7:16 pm

36. 122 cognachas4paws
    July 3, 2012 at 7:25 pm

The comments the fright wing makes about teachers really annoy me. My next-to-oldest sister worked most of her adult life in the private sector but she went back to school, got her undergrad degree, and then went back and got her teaching certificate in elementary education – in her late 40s. She has been teaching 7 years now and she loves it. She works very hard throughout the year – her day does not end when the kids go home. People make comments about teachers having summers off but what they don’t realize is that most hold jobs during that time – they have to – or they work the summer getting ready for the next year. My sister has worked just about every day she’s been home since school ended this year, just getting things ready for next year.

To say she’s not teaching the children or that she’s trying to take something away from parents is just incredibly wrong and it is hurtful for her to hear candidates say things like this. She is very well liked by the parents and this can be seen by the fact that parents with multiple children who have a child who was in her class – they beg to have their other children placed with her, that’s how much she is liked. Ask THOSE parents if they feel she is taking something from them. I doubt that even one would agree with Romney’s sentiments here – and most of them are Republicans.

So to all the teachers out there – thank you for the hard work you do all year long.