Aug

Oh crikey, love this fella….

President Barack Obama runs around his desk in the Oval Office with Sarah Froman, daughter of Nancy Goodman and Mike Froman, Deputy National Security Advisor for International Economics, July 9

President Barack Obama plays with Katia Wolfsthal, daughter of departing staffer Jon Wolfsthal, Special Advisor to the Vice President for Nonproliferation, in the Oval Office, July 11

Independence Day, July 4, 2012

The Verizon Center, Washington, D.C., July 16

First Lady Michelle Obama hugs LeBron James following the USA vs. France men’s basketball game at Olympic Park during the 2012 Olympic Games in London, July 29

President Barack Obama laughs with Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius following the official Cabinet group photo in the Grand Foyer of the White House, July 26

President Barack Obama talks with people outside Kozy Corners restaurant in Oak Harbor, Ohio, July 5

President Barack Obama blows a kiss to Oren Baer, son of Ken Baer, the departing Associate Director for Communications and Strategic Planning at OMB, during a visit to the Oval Office, July 12

President Barack Obama talks with Vice President Joe Biden and Chief of Staff Jack Lew in the Oval Office, July 26

All official White House photos – more here

168 Responses to “Oh crikey, love this fella….”

August 9, 2012 at 10:25 pm

That’s right. FIRST!

2. 12 symmetry11
    August 9, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Love love love seeing him with kids.

August 9, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Yes, oh yes! :grin: :grin: This is absolutely the times he touches the inner me the most! In this set I particularly love that first pic when he and the little princess are running around the desk.

• 14 utaustinliberal
      August 9, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Me too. The kids are so gorgeous and they have wicked cool hairstyles.

August 9, 2012 at 10:27 pm

In this last pic, PBO is obviously reading about the TOD ladies who spend a lot of time on naughty mats..he’s saying, wait until Michelle sees this!

• August 9, 2012 at 11:09 pm

And in that picture, he looks so good that he inspires another visit to the naughty mat… ;)

Jack Lew is completely cracking up in that picture. I love that this Administration enjoys each others’ company. All of them!

August 9, 2012 at 11:20 pm

I know…and naughty mats will be short supply here soon. Time for Yardarm to get that new shipment of mats.

• 21 veryslowwriter
      August 10, 2012 at 1:52 am

And Joe Biden is saying “Hey, when you’re a Sex God like me, you gotta expect such attention.”

4. 22 thoughtful3
    August 9, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Hello!

5. August 9, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Pity the poor child that gets close to Romney. Obama is a natural with children.

6. 24 cindysweatt
    August 9, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Ok, someone help me out. I need a link to the CNN (I think) article about the Mariott?Romney Son of Boss story. I read it on my phone last night and now I can’t find it again. I am so going to post it every day for the next 90 days!!!! Help me out TODers. Thanks

7. August 9, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Speaking of naughty thoughts. Mine was, “I’m so glad Pres Obama has a jacket over his lap.” ;) hee hee

8. 38 anniebella
    August 9, 2012 at 10:34 pm

That first picture is so cute. I just love it. Watch POTUS and FLOTUS with kids and you see that it’s real, nothing fake or phony. Watch Mitt or Queen Ann with kids, and you feel sorry for the kids.

August 9, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Of course the “Kiss Cam” is one of my favorite too. Looking forward to seeing POTUS and FLOTUS campaigning together in Iowa next week.

• 40 HZ
        August 10, 2012 at 12:19 am

Love the little Miss Cutie running after the president. He and FLOTUS are so sweet with the little ones. It is such a natural way that they have that is so real. We are bless to have such a great POTUS and FLOTUS. (((((( Love them both so much)))))))HZ

9. 41 ScottyUrb
    August 9, 2012 at 10:44 pm

I would love to know what Biden is saying in that last pic. :-D

And that picture of Michelle being hugged by the basketball players… it brings me a smile every time!

10. 43 PoliticalJunkessa
    August 9, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Gorgeous round-up in this post and the last one. I just want to pinch the thigh of the baby PBO is holding up in the air!

August 9, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Meh kidz, what do they know ? :)

12. 45 Ladyhawke
    August 9, 2012 at 10:46 pm

To Better the Know Right-Wing Groups Trying to Buy the Election

————————————–

A small number of right-wing billionaires are trying to buy this election. And they’re doing it using a variety of right-wing attack groups that have unleashed avalanche of negative ads attacking the president and Democratic Senate and House candidate. These groups may spend as much as $1 BILLION before everything is said and done.

Here’s the rundown on three of these groups: Crossroads GPS, American Crossroads, and Americans for Prosperity.

——————————————

August 9, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Sebelius is hawt.

14. 48 PoliticalJunkessa
    August 9, 2012 at 10:51 pm

The “Son of Boss” ad reminds me of the ad that the Obama camp ran against McCain in 2008 about his role in the Savings and Loan Scandal during the 80s. They know how to bring the pain, and I have the feeling Willard is going to be feeling a lot more pain before this thing is through, lol.

15. August 9, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Friday Aug. 10, 2012
    11:00 AM
    Obama receives the presidential daily briefing.
    12:15 PM
    Carney briefs the press.
    8:35 PM
    Obama hosts an Iftar dinner celebrating Ramadan.

Sunday he has fundraisers.

16. August 9, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Wisconsin siblings tell of running to warn others as temple shooting erupted

Oak Creek, Wisconsin (CNN) — Two young children have emerged as heroes after warning others of a gunman on a rampage at their Sikh house of worship in suburban Milwaukee.

Abhay Singh, 11, and his sister, Amanat, 9, were sitting outside the gurdwara Sunday morning when the shooter, identified as Wade Michael Page, first opened fire on two people.

“We ran as fast as we could inside to warn everybody in the kitchen and everybody else there is a man outside with a gun,” Abhay — whose name means “fearless” — told CNN’s “AC360″ on Wednesday. “We were a little bit scared.”

Neat tweet from Tammy Duckworth …

• 55 0388jojothecat
      August 10, 2012 at 12:16 am

My God, my God, my God…those poor children. Folks we need to fight against this, no child should have to go through this…..this should not be happening in AMERICA.

17. 57 isonprize
    August 9, 2012 at 10:58 pm

I gotta post this again, I JUST HAVE TO…

After the today’s ‘back & forth’ between the two campaigns, I can’t help but be reminded of this snippet from an interview that Sen. Barack Obama gave when he was running for President. THIS MAN IS SO COMFORTABLE WITH HIMSELF that he has already told them what he will do. No secrets with THIS man!! :cool:

• August 9, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Yep, ison. ‘sorta, kinda, maybe … a joke …’ – by now only a fool would mess with this person. When he says he’ll crush someone trying to take advantage of him he was way, way not joking.

#PRESSON

• 59 isonprize
        August 9, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Oh Bob, he was SO NOT JOKING. It’s the million dollar megawatt smile that blinds people. But listen to what he said. That’s real. And this campaign in bearing that out. I read somewhere that he’s the type of poker player that will beat you for all of your money, but give you busfare, a hug and a phonecall to make sure that you got home okay. I am exceedingly glad that not only does he play to win, he also plays to win for US!!!!

But make no mistake, Pres. Barack Hussein Obama PLAYS TO WIN.

• 64 pugeretto
      August 9, 2012 at 11:08 pm

And we will all help you CRUSH THEM Mr PBO, y ex-Senator. Thanks Ison, saw a tweet on this not too long ago. He’s cool

• 66 prettyfoot58
      August 9, 2012 at 11:39 pm

“I WILL CRUSH THEM’

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

18. 67 pugeretto
    August 9, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Is Romney still running? Heee

August 9, 2012 at 11:32 pm

‘Is Romney still running’ AWAY? :razz:

• 69 pugeretto
        August 10, 2012 at 12:40 am

YES! How he gets up in the morning to face another day of this onslaught, and I have never looked more FORWARD to anthing as the debates…can you imagine?

August 10, 2012 at 7:25 am

Imagine their GOP leader debating OUR, calm, cool, knowledgeable PBO? Yeah, I’m looking forward to it! :grin: Take a peek backwards as you look forward, my dear Pugeretto,…..and smile. Bring it on, Willard!

• 71 pugeretto
            August 10, 2012 at 10:05 am

Morning vcprezofan2, & yep, bring it ALL on because the best PBO ever is ready to see Mitts squirm, spin & sputter….& then PBO will SPEAK & anyone, who at that point hasn’t kept up with the campaigns will be able to judge for themselves. Bring on the popcorn, I cannot wait, because we will not go back….FORWARD for this country.
            I LOVE how Michelle looks in her summer dresses, she’s done one hell of a job as First Lady.

• August 10, 2012 at 1:56 am

Well, I warned him weeks ago … it’s LOSE, LOSE for the dude ….

19. 73 vitaminlover
    August 9, 2012 at 11:18 pm

I love President Obama–yes I do. And we’re gonna get him re-elected too!!!!

August 9, 2012 at 11:28 pm

I bet Biden is cracking some wise ass joke in that last pic.

21. August 9, 2012 at 11:35 pm

That first picture with that little darling chasing our Prez..adorable.

That kiss with Michelle…wow.

22. 77 Ladyhawke
    August 9, 2012 at 11:48 pm

I love the picture of FLOTUS hugging Lebron James. When team USA was announced the winner, Lebron James turned around and walked with deliberate speed directly to FLOTUS to give her a big hug. It was such a sweet moment. Watching the boys and the refs line for hugs just made me melt.

23. 78 daisydem
    August 9, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Of the people, by the people, for the people … Barack Obama.

• 80 daisydem
        August 10, 2012 at 12:04 am

Thanks theo. That is what the pictures tell me. I love the pictures of our President, our V.P., and Michelle and Jill that are posted here.

• August 10, 2012 at 12:07 am

I also love seeing the sheer joy of the people who surround those four people. People are always smiling, stunned, overwhelmed with joy and wonder. The goodness just flows out of them. They have a joy in abundance.

• 82 HZ
            August 10, 2012 at 12:28 am

Yes theo67, their gentle but firm spirits centers us to be in the best place where we can also see the world in a brighter and greater light in our hearts. I love being in their space when we see them through photos here on this beautiful site. ((((((((( Good Thoughts Flow from Us to Them))))))))))) HZ

24. August 10, 2012 at 12:03 am

I just saw an ad w/Morning Joke and Mika touting their upcoming coverage of the two conventions. I have absolutely no intention of watching one second of the RNC convention. It’s going to be hate-filled, full of lies, and a demonstration of the worst of humanity. I may travel during that week – out of the country.

• 85 Zekke Lydonna
      August 10, 2012 at 12:09 am

Know your enemy.

• 86 utaustinliberal
      August 10, 2012 at 12:18 am

I’m gonna be watching. I want to laugh my ass off.

• 87 0388jojothecat
        August 10, 2012 at 12:22 am

I will not watch but look forward to hearing from those that do.

• August 10, 2012 at 1:04 am

I’m with you, Jojo. I applaud those with the intestinal fortitude and tight hold on their sanity to watch it. I know my limits.

• 89 jackiegrumbacher
            August 10, 2012 at 7:49 am

Agree. Plus I have far better things to do with my time then listen to bile and a lot of lies from Repubs. There are people to call and things to be done to re-elect PBO.

• 90 carla4obama
        August 10, 2012 at 1:45 am

I think I would throw up if I had to see/ hear those people. I will be “watching” through the eyes of the TOD family.

• August 10, 2012 at 3:28 am

Oh My Heavens! That name again, Joe Scarborough. Aren’t we supposed to scroll and roll, or roll and scroll something like that?
      Anyways, the Walls of Jerricho come tumbling down.
      At least, that is what happens when I mention his name.
      LOL!
      LMAO!

August 10, 2012 at 5:58 am

theo67, I’m with you. Anyone who want to watch it more power to them, but as for me. I’ll pass too.

August 10, 2012 at 6:00 am

I know watching the Republicans up there lying would make me angry, so I choose not to watch their KKK rally in Tampa.

25. 94 Zekke Lydonna
    August 10, 2012 at 12:15 am

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting.

Well, for example, the other day, Kate, my wife and I went into town and visited a shop.

When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket. We went up to him and I said,

‘Come on, man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?’ He ignored us and continued writing

the ticket. I called him an “asshole”. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having

worn-out tires.

So Kate called him a “shit head”. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with

the first. Then he started writing more tickets. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more we

abused him, the more tickets he wrote. He finally finished, sneered at us and walked away.

Just then our bus arrived, and we got on it and went home.

We always look for cars with Mitt Romney 2012 stickers.

We try to have a little fun each day now that we’re retired.

It’s so important at our age.

26. 98 Cman
    August 10, 2012 at 12:54 am

Ok, we had an Obama presidency iconic pic with the kid touch PBO’s hair, but i think that first pic might take it. It shows the incredible warmth of the president.

This one is not too far off too.

27. August 10, 2012 at 12:58 am

Some good news: I’ve been working on educating a friend who’s a new citizen who’s been claiming to be Independent, but has solidly espoused Republican talking points. She told me today she’s actually registered to vote – as a Democrat! I’m still going to work on informing her of the facts (preparing for the battle of 2016 when the charismatic GOP candidates will emerge to seduce her)m but I’m relishing the small victory tonight. :)

August 10, 2012 at 1:14 am

Wonderful news, theo! One at a time:) You did good…

• 104 purpleshoesla
      August 10, 2012 at 1:58 am

“It takes ONE” in action. Bravo! Altho I have to ask who exactly are these 2016 charismatic GOP candidates that are going to seduce your friend and other Repugs? Jeb? Christie? Daniels? Jindal? Peepaw? Perry? None of whom are exactly bewitching me either now or come 2016. Charismatic GOP candidate seems like such an oxymoron :lol:

• August 10, 2012 at 2:09 am

You’re not seduced because you’re paying attention – and you’re also not the average voter. Don’t forget, they just trotted out Romney to a hardware store and grocery store to try and make him normal and amiable. They campaigned Bush as “the guy you’d want to have a beer with”. There’s even a group who have started a petition called “Give us Ryan”, calling for Paul Ryan for VP! And just imagine – Mitt was the best of that horrific bunch.

This friend of mine has two masters degrees, and she still once uttered the words, “If Bloomberg were running, then I’d be voting for him”. People are easily fooled. They don’t have time to investigate – hence the 43% favourability for Romney despite everything we should know about him. The list you rattled off is exactly the group of seducers I’m talking about. They don’t like Romney, so they don’t want to vote for him. If the “dump Romney” folks succeed in kicking out Romney, and they put forward one of these evangelical “heroes”, they will all of a sudden jump on board – even though he’ll still be offering no viable solutions for the economy, foreign policy, ending the wars, growing and preparing for the future, etc. Same failed GOP policies. They just want a star – like their palin or reagan. They just aren’t interested in the facts or the truth.

• 106 purpleshoesla
          August 10, 2012 at 3:10 am

Funny, I never thought of myself as being anything more than an average voter, just little to no tolerance for BS in all its various permutations and an approach to life that has always involved a fair amount of skepticism about everything! :smile: But I hear ya. People are either easily fooled or just worn down from the constant barrage of garbage spewed by lamestream media. I was visiting a friend recently up in Big Bear (hardly a bastion of above average voters) who is a staunch Democratic but even she started rattling off the latest false meme being pushed by the MEE-DEE-YA about not being happy with the Obama Administration because of their recent negative ads and neither party has presented a plan to fix our country’s problems. So I had to disabuse her of that nonsense; impress upon her that the TEE VEE is NOT her friend and point her to some better sources of actual information on the Internet. And she doesn’t even watch Fox news or any cable news. I noticed however that Jon Stewart, the View and ABC news is in heavy rotation in her house. Her TV is on all day and even the most “innocuous” programming, presents a little actual info about our President and if they do any presentation has a negative slant. It’s insidious.

August 10, 2012 at 5:54 am

I would love to know what do these people want the President to do? He is fighting against billions of dollars whose only goal is to defeat him by any means necessary. Those it concerns this woman about the out and out lying of the Romney campaign?

August 10, 2012 at 1:00 am

Hey TOD. Look at what our very own Judith did to her garage door. A True Obamabot! :D

• August 10, 2012 at 1:02 am

Perfect. And brave.

• 113 4morefor44
      August 10, 2012 at 1:25 am

fantastic job!! and now you’ve inspired me to step it up in my neighborhood. thank you!

• 114 carla4obama
        August 10, 2012 at 1:42 am

I wish I was that brave! In my neighborhood we are 1 of 2 families that are Dems. In 2008 our Obama/Biden signs were taken from our yard, my car (with my O sticker ) was egged more than once, my neighbor told me if Obama was elected he would have o have him “a” word. (which I reported to my Dem team leader.) How I wish I lived in a place that was O loving.
        I just got a new Honda Civic hybrid…I have a FORWARD sticker…but I am now afraid my car might get damaged. Am I a coward?

• August 10, 2012 at 1:52 am

Carla, I feel for you. No, you’re not a coward. There are WAY too many crazy people out there. It’s important to keep you and your property safe. It must be so frustrating for you. Hang in there.

• August 10, 2012 at 1:54 am

You’re not a coward, Carla. These people on the right are certifiable – especially those who are still openly supporting the GOP and Romney – since it’s clear the only thing Romney has going for him in their eyes is that he’s not black. They’re even touting Bill Clinton now, so it’s clear that their animosity against President Obama has nothing to do with him being a Democrat. With so many of them now sporting guns and/or bullets – if you don’t feel safe, then don’t do anything that could put you in danger. I have to admit, ever since I put my 2012 sticker on my car, my car has been dinged so often – even down to the metal under the paint – that it’s a little scary. Someone cut me off on the road and showed me his finger. But, I live in California. Somewhat less crazy people in my neighborhood.

Put your “FORWARD” sticker on your fridge – and just show your support in other ways (registering voters, making calls, talking to your friends, donating money). It counts just as much! :)

August 10, 2012 at 2:06 am

Great advice, theo. Pretty sad that the only opinion that’s “right” is the one THEY have though…and would damage another’s property to show it. I would never dream of damaging someone’s property because they didn’t think the way I do…sad when you fear that right to free speech will be denied because you fear vandalism to your car. I do too…but when you live in the Hate State of AZ….my magnet is on my fridge, and I phone bank, register voters, donate….perfect answer, theo:)

• August 10, 2012 at 2:15 am

No, Carla, you are not a coward in any way.

Please take note of the tweets I just posted, below.

We have a substantial number of people in America who are still fighting the Civil War … we have major unfinished business, unfinished since 1865. And, we have ample evidence of how violent and deadly many of these folk are – in fact, several examples just within the past few weeks.

So, be safe, first. I’m sure that that is what the President would want you to do.

• 121 purpleshoesla
          August 10, 2012 at 2:30 am

Courage comes in many forms, Carla. The fact that you steadfastly support the President in the face of all the juvenile and belligerent intimidation attempts makes you hands down courageous in my book. I seem to recall seeing a photograph of a handwritten sign someone put up in their yard in 08 election after people kept taking their Obama yard signs. It said something to the effect that you can steal my sign but you can’t steal my vote and I’ll still be voting for Obama! I try to remember that sentiment myself in the very rare occasions in CA where I cross the paths of peeps afflicted with the Obama Derangement Syndrome. And by the way, you DO live in a place that is O loving as long as you are here at TOD! Be safe out there and know that we’ve got your back.

• August 10, 2012 at 3:03 am

Great comment, Purple – just lovely!

• 123 Left-Indie
              August 10, 2012 at 4:32 am

Yes, you’re brave, Carla4O. I sometimes wonder if police stop me cuz of my stickers or DWB or I’m just speeding. Can’t read people’s minds. On the thing about Clinton use, well, they are using Bill Clinton’s name simply to paint Obama as some far leftist guy as if to say “look, even Clinton wasn’t as radical as this guy.” These guys are only interested in power and money. They’re willing to bring down the house if they’re not the head of household. Obama’s race is only the icing on the cake, but hardly the main point. They simply don’t like a democrat in power–what with advocating for the poor and all. In Clinton years, the militia armed up, too. Gun sales spiked. We think there is war on woman now from the GOP, I believe if Hillary had won, we would’ve seen a real war on women. The woman part would be the icing on the cake, her being a democrat would’ve been the real cause for the insurrection. If Edwards had won, same.

• 124 jackiegrumbacher
                August 10, 2012 at 7:57 am

I think you’re right, LI. The attacks on Hillary for being a woman would have been relentless if she had won. Everything about her would have been framed in terms of her femaleness and she would have been pilloried for every decision and statement that wasn’t super macho and war mongering.

August 10, 2012 at 5:48 am

Carla, It’s ashame that people will do such things as that, but that’s what happen when your heart is rule by hate. These people do not like Mitt Romney, they hate Barack Obama. If you feel afraid I would go to the police, and then the media. Let this make you angry, not in the bad way, but in the way of doing whatever you can to help re-elect this President, if you can work even harder. by doing whatever you can.

• August 10, 2012 at 1:39 am

WOWie, GO JUDITH!! Great job!! It looks perfect!!

• August 10, 2012 at 2:09 am

• 128 Judith Fardig
      August 10, 2012 at 2:43 am

Thanks to UTAustin Liberal for posting this for me and to all you sweet people for the re-tweets. The photo Chips put on the front page of PBO letting that tiny girl chase him warms our hearts. We have LOVE on our side!!

29. August 10, 2012 at 1:49 am

THIS

August 10, 2012 at 1:53 am

Exclusive: U.S. banks told to make plans for preventing collapse

In other words…the American taxpayers are not going to bail out your sorry, corrupt asses anymore! Take responsibility for your OWN MESSES!

Thank you, President Obama!

31. August 10, 2012 at 1:57 am

Cool tweet from VP Biden :)

32. 135 Rita
    August 10, 2012 at 2:50 am

O. M. G. … you guys have to see this picture of PBO: http://thesmithian.tumblr.com/post/29109693744/meaningful-glance

33. 137 canadabarb4obama
    August 10, 2012 at 3:40 am

Chips. may I please have a nice picture of PBO, for posting the last comment?

34. August 10, 2012 at 5:17 am

For 3.6 years, this President has been lied about and battered Everyday. Everyday!
    So, it comes as mo surprise, that the DSnC Convention is going after Robney, and hard-

Payback!

• 139 jackiegrumbacher
      August 10, 2012 at 8:00 am

I’m thrilled to hear this, Jovie. PBO does not like rmoney and he’s pushing hard against him.

35. August 10, 2012 at 5:32 am

Here is the Presidents visit to the Olympic center(video)-

No holes in the socks…

36. August 10, 2012 at 6:14 am

I had a Dream that Ed Rendell would stick up for Robney and His poor Polls.
    Sure enough, it was Not a Dream.
    LOL!

37. August 10, 2012 at 6:24 am

Wow! I think that is McKinley, not sure though.

38. August 10, 2012 at 7:04 am

39. 148 Melanie
    August 10, 2012 at 7:17 am

I know some here hate the “play by play” commentary on Morning Joe but did anybody just see Mika go apeshit on Eugene Robinson about picking Christie?? WTF that felt personal??!!

• 149 Linda
      August 10, 2012 at 7:30 am

I turned it off about 15 minutes in because Joe lost his mind and started attacking Harold Ford Jr. over Paul Ryan’s experience. Then he lied about PBO’s ” present ” votes as a State Senator….claiming he had voted ” present ” over 1,000 times.

As far as Mika …..my response to her is a big yawn.

• 150 utaustinliberal
        August 10, 2012 at 8:09 am

“Voted present over 1000 times….” Hahahahaha……I wonder if Joe Scarborough ever takes time to listen to the nonsense that spews from his mouth. Over 1000 times…..Geez….at least make it a credible lie.

• 151 Obama Grandmama
          August 10, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I remember an IL newspaper journalist reporting how the IL state use of present in voting had a slightly different meaning than in other places. It was technically a NO vote but gave more information to the author/coauthor of the bill that the vote meant it was a no but there was something in it that could be changed to get to a yes. I do not remember exactly how many times the present vote was used by PBO but I know it was nowhere near 1000.

I think when commentators or invited speakers use these numbers they get away with it cuz no one knows the exact number so don’t contest it. My soon to be son in-law is excellent at finding info fast on his little phone with internet connection. Too bad the people that should be contesting these claims cannot do this too. Or atleast come back after ads with the info.

I do not watch Morning Joe as I stay away from shows that might give me high blood pressure. Also it comes on at 3am here although I could tivo it if I wanted to. I do not want to waste my space with that show.

• 152 dotster3
      August 10, 2012 at 7:53 am

I did—-unbelievable—–defending Chris Christie is the subject that finally moved Mika to break through the conversation and yell her fiercely felt beliefs???? She just loves Christie—-did he wink at her one time?——and said his wife was the most wonderful person in the world too. The polls had them all in an hour long “to the death” desperation rant about the need for Christie, as if it matters. This program belongs on FOX or nowhere at all.

• August 10, 2012 at 8:00 am

OFA sent e-mails to people in the states where the possible repub. VP candidates reside asking what they know about those possible candidates. My husband and I both got one asking us about Christie. We each sent a long list of Christie’s deficiencies to put it kindly. I guess though OFA thinks he’s in the running.

• 154 Zekke Lydonna
      August 10, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Hell yeah. I tweeted about it. It was so crazy. She jumped on him for his criticism of Chris Christie. She thinks Christie is magical. ha.

@morningmika seems to be suffering from Stockholm syndrome. It’s kinda sad.

August 10, 2012 at 7:37 am

TWELVE MILLION! :grin: :grin: Oh yeah! Oh yeah, CHIPS CHICA, you’re the bestest blog mayoress around!!! Felicitations! Congratulations!! Awesomeness! Oh yeah! Oh yeah! :lol: :lol:

August 10, 2012 at 7:52 am

We hit 12M!!!!! Wooot! Woot! Break out the bubbly Chips! :D

Congrats Chiparoooo! :D

42. August 10, 2012 at 7:57 am

CHIPS,

still asking for Zizi2’s comment to be Front Paged.

August 10, 2012 at 8:05 am

Morning Rikyrah. Another route is to ask Zizi to email it to CC [theobamadiary@gmail.com]. That’s what generally works, because then Chips doesn’t have to go looking for it as she’s always busy doing something. Plus, it would show that Zizi doesn’t mind her work being ‘front paged’. Chips does such an awesome job, we try to make things ‘easier’ for her when we can. BTW, I also really appreciated Zizi’s piece, but then I usually do when she writes a ‘full’ commentary. Have a happy Friday!

August 10, 2012 at 8:01 am

I hear Mika went apeshit at Eugene Robinson when he talked about Chris Christie and went apeshit about how Pres. Obama is being mean to Romney. Hahahahaha…..Pres. Obama has a slew of good polls and good numbers and the crew on Morning Joe lose their minds. By the time the election rolls around, they’re all going to be batshit crazy. I wonder what goes through Mika’s parents and her brother’s mind when they watch her work. They are staunch Democrats who aren’t mealy mouthed about the truth. I believe her brother worked for PBO during the campaign and might still be an unofficial advisor.

p.s. Fill us in about Morning Joe; Jovie.

August 10, 2012 at 8:22 am

It seems Chips Chica always ‘sleeps in’ on momentous occasions! ;) Not that TOD climbing the million chart is BREAKING NEWS anymore.

/shake shake – Wake up, CC! We want to celebrate WITH you!/

45. 162 Don
    August 10, 2012 at 8:24 am

I’ve never seen a bunch of fucking crybabies in my entire life. President Obama refuses to play by their rules and that’s why every goddamn morning “Morose Joe” looks like he’s about to blow a gasket. They want President Obama to walk around with his hat in hand, scratching where he doesn’t itch, smiling and kowtowing to their every demand, those fucking days are over with.

August 10, 2012 at 8:28 am

;) ;) Did you see my comment above about you always ‘sleeping in’ at the ‘wrong’ moments in our TOD saga?

• August 10, 2012 at 8:30 am

:-) It’s true, I have an unfortunate habit of snoozing through BIG happenings, eg bin Laden, the blog hitting 12 million, etc :lol:

August 10, 2012 at 9:25 am

Chips, Chitra just reminded me/us of the fundraising links, so maybe you could post them in your next post? Rise and Shine is filled with lots of lovely information and pictures so it may be too much to add them there….whatever works for you, but Friday is a good (payroll) day for some.

46. 167 Don
    August 10, 2012 at 8:29 am

Maybe one day Eugene Robinson will grow a fucking pair of balls and tell “Ms. Kitty” where to fucking get off. I get so fucking tired of Eugene smiling while the “Morose Joe” crowd takes shots at him. They know goddamn well not to try that shit with Rev. Al.

• 168 Nena20409
      August 10, 2012 at 9:20 am

Rev Al has his own show. Eugene Robinson is a Contributor and on Mourning Joke, Only clappy yes people are allowed. I deliberately watched at 7:00AM CT to see what they did at 5:00AM CT and they ONLY devoted 3mins on the polls. Then attacked the president. I said. Enough.