Aug

Iowa, August 13

Tuesday:

10:15: VP Biden delivers remarks at the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research in Danville, Va.

12:25: President Obama delivers remarks at the Nelson Pioneer Farm & Museum in Oskaloosa, Iowa

4:30: VP Biden delivers remarks at Spiller Elementary School, Wytheville, Va.

5:00: President Obama delivers remarks at B.R. Miller Middle School in Marshalltown, Iowa

8:45: President Obama delivers remarks at the Waterloo Center for the Arts in Waterloo, Iowa

Oh heck, I love PBO supporters:

Supporters of President Obama demonstrate across from the site of the “Romney Plan for a Stronger Middle Class” bus tour, at El Palacio De Los Jugos, Miami, Florida on August 13

President Obama shares a beer with Mike Cunningham at a beer stand at the Iowa State Fair, August 13

President Obama and Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack greet people as they visit the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines

Iowa, August 13

President Barack Obama gets a hug from Joy Dannelly as he visits the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines, Iowa, August 13

340 Responses to “Iowa, August 13”

1. 1 Proud Former White House Intern
    August 13, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Cool

2. 3 ranman11
    August 13, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Congrats PFWH

3. 4 0388jojothecat
    August 13, 2012 at 9:55 pm

2nd? 3rd, 10th?

4. 5 Judith Fardig
    August 13, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Wow – love all those happy faces!!!

5. 6 0388jojothecat
    August 13, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Congrats to Proud and ranman11 on being 1st and 2nd!

August 13, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Beer in a plastic cup? Dude….

7. August 13, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Remember when you went back to School and your Teacher gave you an assignment?
    The assignment was- what did you do on your Summer Vacation?
    Boy, I bet that little Girl has some story to tell!

8. 22 dotster3
    August 13, 2012 at 9:58 pm

photo/1

9. 23 Roberta in MN
    August 13, 2012 at 9:58 pm

So he didn’t take a left turn after all. :) Ryan is a liar again. These people are something else.

10. 24 Judith Fardig
    August 13, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Help requested from anyone who has a PDF of Tien Le’s one-page wallet-sized lists of President Obama’s accomplishment (6 identical lists on the page). I have used my master so much, it’s getting ratty, and I’d like to get a clean new one before I start copying it on blue paper again. I give out these wallet lists at my 1:1 meetings and use them at phone banks to guide where I am on the page of names and to refer to if someone asks, “What has PBO done?” I’m not getting many of those stupid questions lately. The message is getting past the media filter – thanks to all of us and OFA!

11. 32 dotster3
    August 13, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Look at the way that little girl is looking at President Obama. No one, of any age, ever looks at Willard that way.

12. August 13, 2012 at 10:03 pm
  13. August 13, 2012 at 10:04 pm
  14. August 13, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Sheesh, it was my birthday today and not a single TODer wished me well. Why? Um, maybe because I never mentioned it was my birth date :???:

Crikey, 21 again, can’t believe it.

Amk? Shut up.

15. August 13, 2012 at 10:06 pm
  16. August 13, 2012 at 10:08 pm
  17. 132 nospin
    August 13, 2012 at 10:17 pm

A Game of Thrones’ Author Rips on Republicans

Martin says, “I would be remiss if I do not at least make passing mention of how depressed, disgusted, and, yes, angry I’ve become as I watch the ongoing attempts at voter suppression in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, Iowa, and other states where Republicans and their Teabagger allies control key seats of power. The people behind these efforts at disenfranchising large groups of voters (the young, the old, the black, the brown) are not Republicans, since clearly they have scant regard for our republic or its values. They are oligarchs and racists clad in the skins of dead elephants.”

18. 136 Roberta in MN
    August 13, 2012 at 10:18 pm

chips that slide show was just awesome,Thank you thank you. Glad to have you back. Good night all. Primary day in MN tomorrow, put a sogn up for the seniors if they need a ride to the polls, so I better be alert. :)

19. 138 nospin
    August 13, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Happy birthday Chips. Wishing you many more.

20. 140 isonprize
    August 13, 2012 at 10:22 pm

PBO is SUCH a Dad!!! They way he’s hugging Joy Donnelly while she is squueeeeeeeeeing her heart out!! I just love this guy!!

21. August 13, 2012 at 10:22 pm
  22. 142 cluny
    August 13, 2012 at 10:24 pm

a very happy birthday to you Chips and many thanks for all the magnificent work you do for PBO

23. August 13, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Haaaaaaaaapppppppyyyyy Birthday Chips. . . Enjoy!

24. 146 Nena20409
    August 13, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Happy Birthday Chipsticks. You are simply the best for what you do here and the work you put in. Even on your birthday, your support and tenacity is beyond comprehension. Thank you.

Happy birthday and many, many 21st. Be well. Take care.

• August 13, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Ah crikey, thank you Nena! Now I’m half sorry I mentioned this historic day, my cheeks are sizzling. (My face cheeks, not the ones on my bottom … although).

• 148 isonprize
        August 13, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Dang, now I gotta ask Chica to fix her own birthday card. That’s just lame, WORDPRESS, REALLY LAME!!! :evil:

25. 149 isonprize
    August 13, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Chica, you sly lil Obama lovin’ – BEST PICTURE BLOG IN THE WORLD HAVIN’ – Birthday celebratin’ TOD MISTRESS!

Happy Birthday STEVIE STYLE!!!!! You gotta dance, baby!!!

Happy Birthday to ya, Happy Birthday to ya, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

26. August 13, 2012 at 10:31 pm
  27. 155 JER
    August 13, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Happy Birthday, Chipsticks. You help me avoid the media and stay sane at the same time. Millions of thanks.

28. 163 forus50
    August 13, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Happy Birthday Best Blog On the Internet Owner —- Ms. Chipsticks!!!!

29. 165 dotster3
    August 13, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Wonder if President Obama got to see the Chocolate Moose at the fair, which he mentioned earlier today. (I loved the idea of a chocolate moose)

30. August 13, 2012 at 10:36 pm

trying again. . . Happy Birthday Chips . . . (trying to embed)

31. August 13, 2012 at 10:38 pm

This one’s for you Chips!

August 13, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Oh dear…
      Don’t let miss Ann see this.

• August 13, 2012 at 10:59 pm

I know I know. What’s worse? This or Newt in a mankini? :)

August 13, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Though I never seem to open my mail in a timely fashion, I found this party invitation just in time with about 50 minutes to spare – at least on this side of the world. T hen again you told me once that we are world citizens and it’s always the time we want it to be SOMEWHERE in the world.
        Sorry the cake doesn’t have the right amount of candles, but I’m not sure you would know how many are needed in any case, what will your etch-a-sketch memory ….

Here you go, coming from the heart. ” Breithla Shona Duit, Chips Chica!” Or should I say ‘lá breithe sona 21’? / Sure hope this is saying what I want it to say/

• August 13, 2012 at 11:18 pm

That’s me dancing VC! You know, the very, very, very basic step in Irish dancing – that even your parrot could learn – is the one-two-three. I seriously couldn’t even master the one, never mind the two-three. I even got leathered by a psycho nun for my non-danciness. And on my last day in her school, I told her to go ….. you know. Thank you VC!!!!!

August 13, 2012 at 11:27 pm

You are very, very welcome, Birthday Girl! :razz: Good thing I hadn’t added that the dancer in the green dress was me – which I was on the point of doing – otherwise you would have exposed me to the TOD world. As for ‘on my last day in her school, I told her to go…’ I wonder I hadn’t thought of that to share with the music teacher who told me not to sing, instead just to mouth the words (First year high school music – compulsory class at the time). You and I are indeed good twin, bad twin, though we won’t identify who is which. ;) ;)

• 177 Cha
        August 14, 2012 at 3:38 am

I know..Gag, right.

• 178 isonprize
      August 13, 2012 at 10:47 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

• 181 0388jojothecat
      August 14, 2012 at 12:12 am

That’s a bit “broke-backish”

32. 182 nospin
    August 13, 2012 at 10:39 pm

The comments are funny as heck.

Romney accuses Obama of running campaign of ‘smear,’ ‘dirt,’ ‘deception’

August 13, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Romney is still running that lying race baiting welfare ad, so who is the dirty, deception, lying campaign?

• 185 nathkatun7
      August 14, 2012 at 3:07 am

Poor Romney, he thinks that projecting on the President everything he and Karl Rove are doing will absolve his sins. I know he wants to be President so much but does he think all of us are so dumb not to notice what he is doing? Is blatant, unabashed, lying morally acceptable in the mormon religion/cult? What is even more disgusting than Romney’s lies is NBCnews reporting the Romney lies as if they were true.

33. 186 FiredUpInCA
    August 13, 2012 at 10:41 pm

“Leos born on August 13 possess a kinetic energy that is the envy of all who know them. They are talented individuals who are able to make a name for themselves in anything they attempt. Challenges seem to awaken their fighting spirit and give them the inspiration they need.”

• 187 isonprize
      August 13, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Well, that’s our CHICA!!! — Challenges seem to awaken their fighting spirit and give them the inspiration they need.”

August 13, 2012 at 10:51 pm

I would say that’s about right. Describes our Chips to a T!

• August 13, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Ah crikey, I like that – thank you FiredUp! :lol: Read it and weep, amk.

• 190 amk for obama
        August 13, 2012 at 11:37 pm

pfft, that was prolly written by a woman.

August 13, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Aha! So you finally admit we are the more insightful sex! /muttering softly, with accompanying eye roll/ Lord, you are slow.

• 192 amk for obama
            August 13, 2012 at 11:42 pm

wimmin LIE. Ha.

August 13, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Well, hello Amk! It’s been a while since I’ve run into you. What’s new?

• 194 amk for obama
                August 14, 2012 at 12:06 am

same. same. sis from uk here with her family here. having lotsa fun. aunt recovering well.

August 14, 2012 at 12:12 am

There is so much positive going on in TODville and its ‘extended family’! Life is good. :lol: :lol: When does college/university start there? We still have a couple more weeks of vacation to go here, while I know regular school has already started for folks like Desertflower.

• 196 amk for obama
                    August 14, 2012 at 12:15 am

It’s the college season here too. My brother’s son already started his engg (and is already missing his mommy). My son starts engg next week (Now I get to keep his mom to myself. fiiinally)

August 13, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Hey FiredUp, are you Jill? Did you make that up just for CC, cause it’s so apt?

• 198 FiredUpInCA
        August 14, 2012 at 12:25 am

Nope I’m not Jill. I just happened to have found a spot on post describing Chips, one of my favorite Leos–which includes President Barack Obama and former President Bill Clinton, when he’s acting right and not inconsolably ticking me off.

34. August 13, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Happy Birthday, Chips! I just got off my weekly OFA call and wanted to quickly check what’s new. And there it was: it’s your birthday! At least I still got my wishes in before the day ends. I hope it has been a wonderful day for you. 21 again. Lucky you – I’m gettiing frightfully close to the big 7O. The doctor prescribes lots of exercise and for me that means lots of canvassing here and in New Hampshire. I love canvassing – it’s my favorite activity. Every door is a new opportunity to tell people how much I personally admire our President for all the incredible progress he has brought to us. Going back? No way! Forward!

35. 201 isonprize
    August 13, 2012 at 10:45 pm

h/t Miranda at POU

Anybody wanna take a guess at what the reaction would be if this was PBO?

Host for Romney event is a convicted drug dealer

MIAMI (AP) – Mitt Romney held a campaign event Monday evening at a Miami juice shop owned by a convicted cocaine trafficker.

Romney appeared at El Palacio de los Jugos, which is owned by Reinaldo Bermudez. Court records show that Bermudez pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to distribute cocaine in 1999 and served three years in federal prison.

more here

36. August 13, 2012 at 10:47 pm

La Braith sonas duit Chips!

37. 206 edwina3
    August 13, 2012 at 10:54 pm

We are lucky to be alive in this time, with this president and everyday you celebrate that fact with this blog. My birthday wish for you, dear Chips, beloved by all us, is that someday you ‘ll get a nice big thank-you hug from President Obama for all that you have done selflessly on his behalf. Many, many thanks and the happiest of birthdays!

• August 13, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Thanks a million Edwina, what a lovely message. But you know when PBO asks for people to make room, get some water, etc when someone faints? That’d be me if I even came 1% close to a hug. You need to hope it never happens, all of TOD would have their head in their hands.

• 208 daisydem
      August 13, 2012 at 11:52 pm

This is just the sweetest birthday wish.

38. 209 FiredUpInCA
    August 13, 2012 at 10:55 pm
  39. August 13, 2012 at 10:56 pm
  40. 212 anniebella
    August 13, 2012 at 11:02 pm

It’s about 35 minutes before Leno comes on. Tick…Tick….Tick….

41. August 13, 2012 at 11:04 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHIPS.

Love you to pieces, my friend. I never met you and probably never will, but I feel like you’re my sister, and I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in this feeling. All the best, dear.

• August 13, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Ah BWD, look what you’ve done to me, I’m a big weepy wreck. We will meet, as I hope all of us here will one day. Last time I visited the (outside of the) White House – about two years ago – a rampant DC squirrel almost made love to me. It was quite a startling experience. Next time I visit, I want you there to save me. Right? Love ya, always.

42. August 13, 2012 at 11:04 pm

It’s a shame, Halperin has a good Political mind, he is just a prick. In this case, this is good analysis, of what just happened in Florida-

• 217 nathkatun7
      August 14, 2012 at 3:23 am

Jovie, I initially hesitated to click on this because I detest Halperin. But since you praised him I decided to give it a try. While I won’t go as far as you in asserting that “Halperin has a good political mind,” I do agree with you that his observations, in this particular instance, were spot-on.

• 218 Cha
      August 14, 2012 at 3:57 am

Halperin: “..Romney should stand and answer.” ROFL..he doesn’t know mitt at all.

43. 219 dotster3
    August 13, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Anyone dying for some more fair news? Well, good, because I’ve got some! I loved this tidbit: “When he (Obama) crouched to meet Cole Nelson, resting in his mother, Deborah Nelson’s arms, the 9 mo. old reached out and honked the president’s nose.”
    I’ve got lots more too if anyone begs me. :)

August 13, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Attention everybody. Attention TOD’ers.

How about $21 donation to the O campaign as a b’day gift to Chips ? Get to it.

(see chips, what a tangled web we weave. It would have been more if only ……..)

45. 230 sabreen60
    August 13, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Happy Birthday Ms Chips. You are the best!

46. August 13, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Hey Chips, long time no post but had to come in from the outside to say:
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHIPS CHICA….thank you for all you give and do. You do it so well to be..er…uh..ummm 21… and may I just say you look “mah-va-luss!… Hope you enjoyed your day….

47. 236 globalcitizenlinda
    August 13, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Happy “21st” !!!! and Many, Many more – our futures are dependent on it

August 13, 2012 at 11:14 pm
  49. 238 purpleshoesla
    August 13, 2012 at 11:14 pm

What ho TOD peeps! To TOD Twitter warriors in particular, I have a twitter tech question that I hope one of you can answer. I noticed that on some tweets where people are attaching a link, the link in the tweet is super short which leaves more characters for the tweet message. Twitter shortens link down to 20 characters automatically as best I can tell from their “clear as mud” help page, but is there some other add on/plug in url link shortener to Twitter to reduce the length of the link even further? Any guidance/clarification would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks.

50. 243 EDP4BHO
    August 13, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Happy Birthday Chips. I’m late as usual but just in time. Have a blessed year !!

51. 245 Joy Dannelly
    August 13, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Hi! This is Joy Dannelly, I was wondering how I could get a copy of that picture of Obama and Me? That would be great. Do you know the photographer? Thanks,
    Joy.

52. 253 dotster3
    August 13, 2012 at 11:18 pm
    August 13, 2012 at 11:22 pm

PBO wants to know where’s his slice of Chips’ birthday cake. He needs dessert after all the pork and beer…

54. August 13, 2012 at 11:23 pm
    August 13, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Mark Knoller drooled uncontrollably while watching PBO eat some pork!

August 13, 2012 at 11:35 pm

What kind of vegtables did POTUS have with that pork chop? I think FLOTUS is going to have to start attending more of these trips.

August 13, 2012 at 11:39 pm

I don’t think he had any vegetables with those chops.

• August 14, 2012 at 1:46 am

Do the hops in the beer count as veggies? I mean, if pizza and ketchup are counted as veggies, then surely beer now fits in that category, too? If only we’d known the versatility of a vegetable when we were growing up – we could have made ice-cream a veggie, too (I mean, cows make milk and they eat grass, right? grass is a vegetable, sort of)… ;)

56. 260 Eveingeorgia
    August 13, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Happy Birthday, dear, Chips. Word Press has kept me from posting all day, until now.

Couldn’t have come at a better time. I amnso grateful for this site. Words can’t adequately express my gratitude.

I too wish you a bog hug from PBO.

57. 263 anniebella
    August 13, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Well it’s 11:30 pm, I’m about to say good night to you all and go get ready to watch FLOTUS on the Tonight Show. Good night all.

58. August 13, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Happy Birthday Chips you youngster you. Stay away from those frisky squirrels! On a serious note I really appreciate you and this wonderful blog. I do not know how you do it. Goodnight TODville. YOU people keep me informed and sane and laughing. Oh and HB to all of the August babes. :smile:

59. 266 whatisworking
    August 13, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Happy Birthday Chips

You are the best, we love you and count on you to get us through until Nov. 6th and beyond. Virtual Hugs, singing and eating of cake. :->

60. August 13, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Happy Birthday Chips you little WHIPPERSNAPPER!!! (Oh no, whippersnapper probably has some alternate rude meaning now!)

61. August 13, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Happy Happy Happy Birthday Chips!!! I’m sending a boatload of positive energy and blessings your way. :)

62. August 13, 2012 at 11:51 pm

Happy birthday, Chips, and thanks for letting me join in on the fun here!

63. 270 PoliticalJunkessa
    August 13, 2012 at 11:51 pm

I am so late, but

*~*~*~*~*~*HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHIPS*~*~*~*~*~*

You are priceless, and mean so much to all of us. I am so glad you were inspired enough and resolute enough to begin and continue this blog. It is an oasis, a port in a storm and it is sooooo appreciated. You are truly good people — your parents raised you right, beginning on this very day ____ years ago. ;-)

Best wishes for all good things!

Croí folláin agus gob fliuch!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

August 13, 2012 at 11:57 pm

FLOTUS on Jay Leno right now!

65. August 14, 2012 at 12:01 am

Swing set with no Swing – Play on the Bar. . . That’s a SWING SET!

August 14, 2012 at 5:27 am

Martz, it’s a reminder that FLOTUS didn’t grow up with a silver spoon in her mouth like certain people. She is more like us,When she stands up there and tells us that they didn’t grow up with very much, but they had love from their parents, a father who went to work everyday, even though he suffer from MS. When Jay showed that picture of the young Michelle standing on that frame of a swing set and he ask the question, did you ever think that young girl in that picture would grow up and become First Lady of the United States? I remember my brothers cutting a tree down for their pole, fixing their own backboard with a piece of wood, and nailing a basketball rim to it and that’s what they and the neighborhood kids played basketball with.

66. August 14, 2012 at 12:04 am

That Malia is something else. . . she actually arranged the second KissCam!
    AWWWWWWW

August 14, 2012 at 12:37 am

That’s what I said before that most 14 years would be talking about their parents embarrassing them, but Malia was telling them to get it right this time.

67. 276 dotster3
    August 14, 2012 at 12:04 am

Michelle is fun and funny on the Tonight Show!

68. 278 Lorraine
    August 14, 2012 at 12:18 am

First Lady Michelle is an incredible human being. She even gives those who hate respect. Blesseth are the peacemakers…… God Bless you First Lady you rest up, you have 4 1/2 years to go, dear.

69. August 14, 2012 at 12:20 am

Happy b-day chips. without you most of us who donot have TV;s in our condo would not be in touch with the doingd of the Prez. You do not even get pain for this. Once again mucho gracias.

70. 283 dotster3
    August 14, 2012 at 12:22 am
  71. August 14, 2012 at 12:24 am

Happy Birthday Chips! Through this website, you’ve given a great gift to millions of O followers around the world. Cheers!

August 14, 2012 at 12:28 am

Night all:) Only got about 4 hours of sleep last night…spent WAY too much time outside in 115 degrees…and I need to go to sleep before the snoring machine turns on in my room, if you catch my drift. Happy Birthday, dear Chips! Let’s do this again tomorrow:)

August 14, 2012 at 12:29 am

Really, O-man or O-woman, have you ever enjoyed an interview with a First Lady that much, during previous administrations?

Isn’t she lovely? Isn’t she wonderful? Not to mention a great spokeswoman for our President’s achievements, such as health reform, and her own, such as whipping us all into … ahem … shape. And what a thrill for Gabby Douglas! Going to Rio!

Four More For Michelle Obama! Signed, Sealed, Delivered … she’s ours!

August 14, 2012 at 12:36 am

Happy Birthday, Chips, and many more!

August 14, 2012 at 12:38 am

FLOTUS was just A++++++++++++++++++++++++ on Jay Leno. Definitely a must watch.

76. August 14, 2012 at 12:40 am

Happy Birthday Chips you help keep us sane and informed.

77. 297 lmrj
    August 14, 2012 at 12:51 am
  78. August 14, 2012 at 12:56 am
  79. August 14, 2012 at 1:18 am

Think about it …. ;)

“The simpler ? is at who are #RyanRomney not a war. Answer. #KochBro, #Norquist, #JohnBirchSociety & their offshore bankers.”

And, I do prefer #RyanRomney and hope you do, as well :)

80. August 14, 2012 at 1:25 am

The Most Foul Romney Ad Yet
    Just as Romney and Ryan decry the utterly “negative” Obama campaign. Charles P. Pierce calls this new ad out and out racist. It is, in any case, totally false. Pierce titled it, “Mitt Romney is Stuck in the Racist Sewer of Our Politics.” Excerpt: “There is nothing for now than to say, flat-out, that Willard Romney has decided that the only way he can become president is to become a racist and to appeal to the racist base of his party. This is the second ad in as many weeks centered on the general theme of The Negro President Wants To Give Your Money To The Black People Like Him….the dogwhistles are now air-raid sirens, and the Republicans are no longer even trying hard to camouflage what they’re actually saying.

81. August 14, 2012 at 1:26 am
  82. August 14, 2012 at 1:34 am
  83. 307 Geeja
    August 14, 2012 at 1:47 am

Happy Birthday Chips. I hope it was a good one. Thank you again for all you do.

84. 308 pugeretto
    August 14, 2012 at 1:54 am

Happy Birthday Chips! You always do an outstanding job, day after day & I look forward to this blog everyday. I don’t know your story or what inspired The Obama Diary, but it’s the best and here’s to your happiest B-day….and make some good wishes!

85. 309 nathkatun7
    August 14, 2012 at 2:34 am

Chipsticks, I am a day late to your birthday party. I hope you had a fabulous day! I wish you more happy birthdays in the future. People born in August are very special to me because August is my fathers’s birthday month.

86. August 14, 2012 at 5:17 am

I hit the sack early last night and missed your birthday party, Chips! Here’s to a fabulous upcoming year for a fabulous woman. Happy 365 day journey around the sun – all of it with PBO as our president!

87. August 14, 2012 at 5:24 am

Good Morning all. Chips, sorry I missed your Birthday. A day late but, Happy Birthday. Today is Primary Day in Florida. I am off to work the polls. Have a great day everyone. If you live in Florida…TODAY IS THE DAY TO VOTE! Don’t miss out.

Peace to all,
    Sue

88. August 14, 2012 at 6:31 am

Chips, a very happy Canadian Birthday wish eh! You deserve every bit of praise which comes your way today and everyday. may you have many more.

89. August 14, 2012 at 7:08 am

Tweety is spitting with praise this morning on The Ryan pick! Spit flying everywhere and waxing poetic about Clinton/Gore!
    All the media personell on tv, he is the most 2 faced!

• August 14, 2012 at 7:13 am

And now praising Christie, best keynote Evan.
      Meh!
      He is giving the keynote?

• August 14, 2012 at 8:10 am

Well, we know Tweety already. That’s his trade. Say one thing on day 1 and the opposite on day 2 – that way he appeals to people from both sides and maximizes his ratings. That’s the MSNBC profit model. Just like Mitt Romney, no convictions, no core, just say whatever you feel someone might want to hear at the time.

90. 316 cluny
    August 14, 2012 at 7:30 am

Hey all – good morning. Did anyone see LOD’s show last night? He did an excellent segment on how it was incumbent upon the moderators of the debates to question Romney/Ryan about the tax returns. He put up all the names and pictures of the moderators and their contact details. Who’s up for a steady campaign of twitter/email bombing insisting that they do their jobs and advocate for the people by asking the tough and necessary questions?

91. 321 Claire
    August 14, 2012 at 7:46 am

Eugene has another great column. Warning the haters are out in force in the comment section.

Romney and Ryan’s disdain for the working class

92. August 14, 2012 at 7:48 am

I take it back! Matthews tore into that Laissez faire panel! LOL!

• 324 amk for obama
      August 14, 2012 at 8:11 am

Good. Finally there is some agreement between your take and PO’s.

• August 14, 2012 at 8:21 am

WTF?
        Somewhat Crass. But ok.
        Good morning.

• 326 amk for obama
          August 14, 2012 at 8:25 am

GM jovie. I read your earlier post on tweety and then read progobot’s tweet and then your correction. Nothing crass. :)

• August 14, 2012 at 8:26 am

Btw-
        My take is every day I go to local OFA office, sometimes go to staff meetings, as I am a Team captain/leader for OFA! We have canvassing today here in Clearwater Florida! You can help, if you go to one of your local offices and get off the blogs for five minutes. LOL!
        Finally, some respect please!

93. 329 donna dem 4 obama
    August 14, 2012 at 8:10 am

Oh No! I fell asleep early last night (still recovering from vaca) and missed Ms. Chips Birthday party. Happy Happy Birthday Chips! We Leo’s Rock ;)

94. 333 Dudette
    August 14, 2012 at 8:10 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHIPS — BLOG DIVA OF THE WOOOOOOORRRRRLD!!! Love you, dear!
    Thank you for youryour beautiful spirit and your wonderful work on behalf of the greatest President evah!!

95. August 14, 2012 at 8:13 am

Happy Birthday, Chips. Thanks for all you do.

96. 335 dotster3
    August 14, 2012 at 8:17 am

Millions (almost) of photos from Obama in Iowa yesterday. Don’t know if peeps will be able to access tho. Giving it a try.

97. August 14, 2012 at 8:23 am

Morning everyone, thanks a gazillion for all the good birthday wishes, you’re all severely kind!

August 14, 2012 at 8:24 am
  99. August 14, 2012 at 8:25 am

I’m with donnadem – I went to bed early and missed the huge party and birthday wishes for Chips – so I am sending my belated best wishes to you, Chips – thanks for all you do!

100. 339 Mae who love our CIC
    August 14, 2012 at 10:12 am

Happy Belated Birthday Chips!
    If you are this good at 21, just wait a few more years. We won’t be able to stand ya girl. Love ya. We appreciate you.