Aug

Rise and Shine

Newseum

Liberation: American Dream …. American Horror

Vive la France!

Retweet

NYT: Mitt Romney appears to trim his social convictions to the party’s prevailing winds. There is no doubt, however, about where the party’s vice-presidential candidate stands. A long history of social extremism makes Paul Ryan an emblem of the Republican tack to the far right.

Mr. Romney’s choice of Mr. Ryan carried some risks, considering Mr. Ryan’s advocacy of overhauling Medicare, but it has sent the strongest signal of solidarity to those who have made the party unrecognizable to moderates. Strident conservatives had been uneasy with Mr. Romney, but it is the rest of the country that should be nervous about conservatives’ now-enthusiastic acceptance of the Republican ticket.

….. for years, he has been a reliable vote against workplace equity for women, opposing the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act …. he has co-sponsored more than three dozen anti-abortion bills…. his budget would end all government financing for Planned Parenthood while slashing spending on prenatal care and infant nutrition….

Mr. Ryan’s record on gay rights is no less egregious. He supports a constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage, and voted against the repeal of the military’s discriminatory don’t-ask, don’t-tell policy. In 2009, a decade after Matthew Shepard was murdered for being gay, Mr. Ryan voted against a bill named after Mr. Shepard that expands the federal hate crimes act to include brutality based on sexual orientation.

…. Mr. Ryan is one of the most anti-gun-control candidates on a presidential ticket in many years, holding a grade of “A” from the National Rifle Association and opposing a background check requirement for purchases at gun shows.

Full editorial here

Business Insider: Though two weekend polls showed mixed results for the president, Barack Obama reached an important mark in both an ABC/Washington Post poll released Sunday night and a CNN poll released Friday. His approval rating hit 50 percent in both of them.

The 50-percent threshold is generally considered the point at which incumbents are safely re-elected. It’s the first time that Obama has hit the mark in the ABC/Post poll since April…

…. the 50-percent approval mark is a significant one, as Gallup managing editor Jeffrey M. Jones explained recently:

The 50% approval mark is significant because post-World War II incumbent presidents who have been above 50% job approval on Election Day were easily re-elected. Presidents with approval ratings below 50% have more uncertain re-election prospects….

More here

Retweet

Cagle

E.J. Dionne: In 1964, George Romney, then the governor of Michigan, walked out of the Republican National Convention during Barry Goldwater’s acceptance speech. He was protesting his party’s sharp turn rightward and its weak platform plank on civil rights.

This week, 48 years on, Mitt Romney is set to achieve what his father never could. But his great family triumph will not represent a vindication of his father’s principles. Mitt Romney reached the summit not by battling the GOP’s staunchest conservatives but by accommodating them…

….. Romney sealed this pact by choosing to run with Rep. Paul Ryan, the onetime devotee of Ayn Rand’s self-regarding philosophy. Thus will this election be as large in its implications as Goldwater’s was …

…. Through all his transformations since 1994, when he first sought public office in Massachusetts, Romney has seemed more a politician who would do whatever it took to close a deal than a leader driven by conviction and commitment.

This is a problem George Romney never had. For all of Mitt Romney’s impressive achievements, he will not emerge successfully from Tampa unless he can convince voters that what they are seeing is a real person and not an image cleverly crafted for the sole purpose of getting to 270 electoral votes.

Full article here

Cagle

Morning everyone ;-)

134 Responses to “Rise and Shine”

1. 1 Nena20409
    August 27, 2012 at 8:45 am

What did Matthews say?

August 27, 2012 at 8:47 am

Hi Nena! Haven’t a clue what Chris said, but walking in the door with you is a pleasure.

• 3 Nena20409
        August 27, 2012 at 9:04 am

I am just frustrated. I am looking and searching now for what My sister told me. She was not specific and I can’t get her back to tell me the whole story. I was on MSNBC.com looking, nothing there yet.

I am sorry VC. I am more than happy to share with you on TOD page any time. I am seeding that and taking the second spot for I so Love the friendly banter displayed here by you, VC, amk, Bobfr, and the wonderful fellow villagers in the TODweb that joyfully thrive to be 1st.

So my dear VC, you are number ONE and I am glad to be right next to You, humbly and joyfully so.

August 27, 2012 at 9:19 am

No. No, Nena none of that ceding stuff! In this photo finish your nose made it fair and square before ours . You have to stand firm and defend your position – that’s half the fun! :lol: :lol: BTW, have you seen yet that Dotster has now provided the link you seek below?

Have a wonderful Monday (basking in the glow of your victory)! ;) ;) :lol:

• 5 Nena20409
            August 27, 2012 at 9:38 am

I am glad, joyful and tickled pink to Cede this TODweb Village Marathon to YOU, dear VC. I is my greatest pleasure. I sincerely mean it. The very joy of standing next to you is all the honor that I will have this morning. Please. It is yours. I am offering in our TODweb Village utmost joy of joy. Please let me. I love it.

Yes. I have seen the tape now twice. Dotster did a great job linking and another fellow TODweb Villager also did to. Please forgive me, I do remember now who my aother TODweb Villager is.

• 6 nospin
      August 27, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I know it is HuffPo but watch the video. Matthews was pissed off and kicked birther butt

August 27, 2012 at 8:45 am

It’s a new day and we’re closer to our goal.
    Good Monday Morning/Afternoon, Ms Chips and TODobots and their friends! :lol:
    It feels great to be alive with PBO on the job! :grin: :grin:

3. 9 Proud Former White House Intern
    August 27, 2012 at 8:45 am

Fired up

August 27, 2012 at 8:48 am

GM PFI – I see you were at the door too! Congrats! Chips is going to need a wider door soon. :lol:

4. 11 Nena20409
    August 27, 2012 at 8:46 am

Can anyone give Us a rundown on what Chris Matthews said on MJ?

5. August 27, 2012 at 8:48 am

But But But Tweety said…

• 16 Nena20409
      August 27, 2012 at 9:07 am

Thank goodness that Tampa is spared of the worst of the TS Isaac. Now NOLA is on track to get hit. I am glad that things hopefully, will not be as dire.

6. 17 Ladyhawke
    August 27, 2012 at 8:49 am

LOLGOP ‏@LOLGOP

—————————————–

Republicans. Dedicated to the principle that vaginas need reform but Wall Street doesn’t.

—————————————–

7. 18 Nena20409
    August 27, 2012 at 8:49 am

Good Morning, all. This week will be a tough week. Media is hell bent on re-inventing the lying bishop. Our goal, work on getting our Guy -re-elected.

My sister said Tweety did great on Mourning Joke. But she was not specific. What exactly did Matthews say? Anyone?

August 27, 2012 at 8:53 am

The video will be out soon. From what I read on Twitter and elsewhere, Chris Matthews actually told Preibus that Romney is playing the race card with the birther comment, the welfare ad, etc. Preibus was left a bumbling fool after Tweety’s smackdown.

• 21 Lorraine
      August 27, 2012 at 9:05 am

Good morning all, last night I was Chris’ Chris Matthews Show; Mr Sam Donalson, Kelly O’Donnell (did a surprisingly great job), John Heilemann who gets on my nerves, and Ms. Helene Cooper, White House correspondent from the New Times. I really like the panel discussion. Mr. Donaldson was very pro President Obama, Ms. O’Donnell was very good, Ms. Cooper was great, too; Heilemann was he wishy washy self. Chris asked who would have the best convention every agreed that the Dems would have the best, Heilemann was wishy washy then said the Republicans might surprise, he is so strange. Mr. Donaldson said President Obama always rises to the occasion and he would be Harry Truman Obama. Lol. They like that President Clinton was going to be there too. Chris asked if the Big Dog would outshine President Obama, everyone said no but Ms. O’Donnell said he would be talked about more. It was great, I encourage everyone to watch it.

• 22 Lorraine
        August 27, 2012 at 9:08 am

“watched” typo

• 23 Nena20409
        August 27, 2012 at 9:11 am

Ms. Helen Cooper was redeeming herself from the week before. I watched that last night. My DVR tapes the show. Sam Donaldson was great. Heilemann was also OK too.

• August 27, 2012 at 10:17 am

When a big old dog gets up, stretches and walks into a room, everyone turns to look at the old dog. They fondly smile, they talk about how great a dog he was, they give him a pat for old times sake and they let him have a turn at remembrance. I’m glad the Big Dog is going to be there.

8. August 27, 2012 at 8:52 am

This Morning, Knoller is trying to blame the President for the Hurricane!
    The old switcheroo?

9. August 27, 2012 at 8:52 am

Good morning TOD FAMILY. Congrats Nena on first.

• 30 Nena20409
      August 27, 2012 at 9:13 am

Thanks. However, VC is numero Uno and I, am standing next to her. She is the bestest in this TODweb Village. I get a joy watching how she makes it all fun.

August 27, 2012 at 8:56 am

Thanks dotster!

• 33 Linda
      August 27, 2012 at 9:04 am

Tom Brokow is an ass.

August 27, 2012 at 9:11 am

TYVM, Dotster. Appreciate it. I never realized that Morning Joke actually has a 3 hour slot (6-9am)? :roll: That audience could have used a little zap… in fact so could Mika and Joke. Oh well, it was interesting to see Chris sticking to his guns ..and with no spittle flying. I think that’s the most relaxed *I* have seen him while making a point.

• 38 Ladyhawke
      August 27, 2012 at 9:14 am

That was freaking awesome. Thank you Chris Matthews for saying what needed to be said. Chris exposed the dog whistles coming from the Romney campaign in fine fashion. The RNC Chairman sounded like a babbling idiot. I hope this segment gets a million views. Finally, the truth about the disgusting tactics of the Romney campaign.

• 39 Nena20409
      August 27, 2012 at 9:14 am

I have not watched it yet. I just want to thank you. Thank you.

• 40 Renegade522/AuntSis
        August 27, 2012 at 9:32 am

Wow, I am actually impressed with Tweety uh Chris. It not because his point is favorable to our side, but IT IS THE TRUTH! Reince had no real response. I wonder what the commercial break was like. hehe,

• 41 Nena20409
      August 27, 2012 at 9:24 am

Now that I have watched it…..Wow. Finally on Mourning Joke, Chris Matthews in their presence, called a Bull Pucky bat poop for what it is. Thank you. I am very appreciative. Thank you so very much. Matthews was Right ON Point.

• 42 NurseShar
      August 27, 2012 at 11:11 am

One word, AWESOME!

• August 27, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Thank you dotster3. I never watch morning Joe any more. It was great to see Chris call that liar out.

• 44 HZ
        August 27, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Good Afternoon TOD family. Happy and joyful Monday to all. Awesome Chris!! Thanks for the video. Tweety was on fire. I love it that he told Mr. Reince off. It needed to be stated, and Chris was pissed for sure. HZ

10. 45 Ladyhawke
    August 27, 2012 at 8:56 am

MAD MEN AND MITT ROMNEY’S EXTREME MAKEOVER

The Obama Campaign Mocks Romney’s Extreme Makeover Mittens Edition

By: Jason Easley

————————————-

Being that the real Mitt Romney is person who has an uncanny ability to make people not like him, the Republican Party decided that it was time give Romney a makeover. The Romney campaign and the GOP have hired set designers, image consultants, and PR people all with the intention of remaking Romney’s image. Mind you this is the same Republican Party that works itself into a tizzy and calls Obama the celebrity president every time he holds an event with anybody in either New York or LA.

The makeover is transparent attempt to hide who Mitt Romney really is. The Obama campaign’s video reminds everyone that Romney is a job killing failure who people really don’t like. The video was clever and the use of fact checking as movie reviews was a very subtle way to get the message across that Mitt Romney has a problem with telling the truth.

—————————-

11. August 27, 2012 at 8:59 am

Good Morning, Everyone :)

12. 48 Pamela
    August 27, 2012 at 9:02 am

I usually enjoy EJ Dionne, but find it lacking to hear “impressive achievements” regarding Myth and his legal form of theft and corruption….. Anyway, good morning. Obama~Biden2012!

• August 27, 2012 at 9:07 am

Hi Pamela, yeah, that line jumped out at me too in an otherwise good piece – I’d love him to have a mentioned a single “impressive” achievement of Bain boy.

• 50 Pamela
        August 27, 2012 at 9:12 am

I suppose there are spiritually starved individuals who live by the creed that getting rich is the only purpose in life. Leaving a trail of devastated lives and misery in your wake hardly qualifies one for a free pass when standing at those Pearly Gates! IMHO. Gotta fly…. Love you all!

13. August 27, 2012 at 9:03 am

This is stupid! Trying to re-invent somebody- 2 months before the Election? Of course, the media is really over the top! Earth To MSM! Willard is not a Super hero!
    Ya think?

August 27, 2012 at 9:09 am

The O-Camp has already put out an ad called the “do-over” which warns the GOP that their lies and fairy tales at the Convention and attempts to put lipstick on a pig won’t work. That ad also contained a veiled message to the media that if you think you’re gonna help Willard etch-a-sketch, think again. The O-camp rated the do-over “N” for not gonna work. I give it the same rating, and I’m sure you do too!!!

• 55 Nena20409
        August 27, 2012 at 9:26 am

Yeah….that is awesome.

• 56 Ladyhawke
        August 27, 2012 at 9:30 am

THANK YOU CHRIS MATTHEWS FOR SPEAKING THE TRUTH

==========================================================================

1. Journalism’s first obligation is to the truth

Democracy depends on citizens having reliable, accurate facts put in a meaningful context. Journalism does not pursue truth in an absolute or philosophical sense, but it can–and must–pursue it in a practical sense. This “journalistic truth” is a process that begins with the professional discipline of assembling and verifying facts. Then journalists try to convey a fair and reliable account of their meaning, valid for now, subject to further investigation. Journalists should be as transparent as possible about sources and methods so audiences can make their own assessment of the information. Even in a world of expanding voices, accuracy is the foundation upon which everything else is built–context, interpretation, comment, criticism, analysis and debate. The truth, over time, emerges from this forum. As citizens encounter an ever greater flow of data, they have more need–not less–for identifiable sources dedicated to verifying that information and putting it in context.

• 58 dotster3
        August 27, 2012 at 9:37 am

I suspect Tweety has made his final appearance on M J. They didn’t care for all those factual charges against the Willard campaign AT ALL! They were all making real uncomfortable noises about his Truth Blast. Morning Mika kept making her usual ineffective interruptive sounds and then thanked Reince for his appearance and the tape cut off before she said, “And thank you Chris Matthews—-I THINK.” And then they all chuckled.

14. 60 pinkbunny92
    August 27, 2012 at 9:05 am

Morning all!! I hope everyone in Hurrican Isaac’s path is staying safe!!

I am not planning on watching any of the RNC, it would be a complete waste of time!! No need to surround myself with hate. But I really hope they fall flat on their ass!

While I will take any win for President Obama, I seriously want him to decimate Willard in the Electoral college!

I didn’t think I could despise any 2 people more than I do Willard and Miss Ann!

Have a good day all!

15. 62 jersey girl
    August 27, 2012 at 9:06 am

hello,
    does any one remember Paul Ryan’s Town Hall where a senior citizen gets violently booted out for asking reasonable questions about medicare and Paul Ryan callously jokes about him taking his blood pressure medications. That clip needs to be turned into an ad from OFA, word for word, that will show all seniors his true colors when it comes to Medicare. It needs to be replayed over and over again; then no one will believe the crap that they are trying to sell that Obama is cutting medicare by 700 billion and they are its saviors. Can someone please find the clip and forward it to OFA? Let me know what you guys think.

August 27, 2012 at 9:07 am

TPM says that 2 polls show RR leading on the Medicare question…..REALLY????

August 27, 2012 at 9:11 am

RR are not leading on medicare unless you only poll white wealthy seniors.

August 27, 2012 at 9:15 am

Greg Sargent:

Public opposes Ryan plan, but gives Romney edge on Medicare anyway: Still one more finding: Only 31 percent support Paul Ryan’s Medicare plan, versus 64 percent who oppose it. But Romney has a slight edge on who should be trusted to handle Medicare, 45-42. Needless to say, Dems need to do a better job persuading voters that the two men would actually do what they’ve promised to do.

Relatedly: Romney holds a big edge on the deficit (51-38), even though Romney has not detailed how his plans would reduce the deficit.

This is NUTS! I think these people just WANT to believe this crap! Sorry…we need our own “Daisy” ad.

August 27, 2012 at 9:22 am

Sorry Greg Sargent, but I just don’t buy any of this. Who are the pollsters? What are the crosstabs? What are the exact questions asked?

“Public opposes Ryan plan, but gives Romney edge on Medicare anyway”

That makes no sense. Romney and Ryan have the same plan, unless the pollsters are asking the questions in such a way as to mislead respondents to thinking that they are different. And the only people unduly concerned about the deficit going into this election are hard-core rightwingers who were going to vote for Romney anyway.

• August 27, 2012 at 9:24 am

It’s the ACA! It’s been demonized down here and Seniors hate it! Seriously!

• August 27, 2012 at 9:19 am

The thing is, they have been more aggressive in the past few weeks. I assume, the Obama camp is waiting and focus grouping like mad, trying to get the message right.
      After the Conventions, we will see a hard push on defining Medicare. The only concern I have, the Koch media has been bought. They are way over the top with their re-inventing of Willard. I think, I even heard one Pundit say, that Willard is from a small farm in Smallville, KS! LOL!

August 27, 2012 at 9:25 am

We know that the media is now working over time to churn out “good news” for Romney, and that includes shady polling data, suppression of negative reports for GOP, and over-reporting/ exaggeration of negative reports for President Obama.

That’s all part of the “Romney do-over” offensive. I rate it an “N” for not gonna work.

• 71 dotster3
          August 27, 2012 at 9:45 am

I see ABC is airing their new poll with Willard ahead by 1 point at every station break. And the only other result they mention is that Willard is leading on the economy question too.
          This is going to be a tough week to get through. All media is swarming with Repub talking points and going overboard in painting Willard in a favorable light, ignoring all the negatives. It’s like they’re all in some contest to be his BFF. It is maddening to the max.

17. 72 Pamela
    August 27, 2012 at 9:08 am

“Since universal compassion involves gradual expanding one’s circle of concern to the whole of humanity, it needs constant cultivation.” ~ HHDL 27 August 2012 @DalaiLama

18. August 27, 2012 at 9:09 am

CNN will have 100 more polls, before this thing is done. They poll everything and everybody, if you don’t like the poll 3 hours ago, here is another, saying the complete opposite.
    LOL!

19. 75 collegekay
    August 27, 2012 at 9:11 am

That was an epic rant by Tweety. Good for him.

August 27, 2012 at 9:12 am

He’s a dirty effing liar! He’s back at this again!

In a high profile interview in USA Today, Mitt Romney accuses President Obama of gutting the welfare work requirements to “shore up his base.”
    The Romney campaign’s attacks on Obama’s welfare policy have come under attack because they are false and seen by some a coded racial appeal. The New York Times’ Tom Edsall writes that Romney “the Romney campaign is clearly determined ‘to make this about’ race, in the tradition of the notorious 1988 Republican Willie Horton ad.”
    Romney’s inaccurate claims about Obama’s welfare policy have been on heavy rotation in campaign ads.

Romney’s most recent comments intensifies his strategy by explicitly claiming Obama’s core supporters are on public assistance and lazy. Last week, Romney “joked” about Obama’s birth certificate. The New York Times reports that Romney has decided to adopt a “more combative” strategy designed “to appeal to white, working-class voters.”
    As Governor of Massachusetts, Romney “supported the same waiver program he is now criticizing.” You can read his letter touting the waivers, which do not “gut” the work requirement, here.

• 78 dotster3
      August 27, 2012 at 9:48 am

Isn’t that as ugly as it gets?—–accusing PBO of gutting welfare work requirements to shore up his base? Everything Willard and his campaign are doing right now is to stir up hate and racial animosity——that’s how they shore up their base.

August 27, 2012 at 9:41 am

Yes and they did cancel the Monday events. Several speakers cancelled their appearances including Donald Trump and Bobby Jindal (both of whom i pointed out to Knoller.) I also told Troller that Isaac was scheduled to hit NOLA on the anniversary of Katrina, and the optics of that happening while the GOP is partying and visiting stripper clubs in Tampa is horrible to put it nicely.

• 81 dotster3
        August 27, 2012 at 9:51 am

What a loss!—-no juvenile Trump skit where he yells “You’re fired!” at the Obama impersonator.

21. 82 ChristiMTL
    August 27, 2012 at 9:23 am

Morning everyone….

I can’t believe I missed Chris Matthews….arhhh….

I know there’s the video out there already but it’s not the same as watching it live….

There’s one thing about Chris….yes I call him Tourette Chris because you never know what’s going to come out of his mouth but he’s not afraid to confront them.

Rance Preibus was his usual coward self….the big arrogant bully can’t take it.

• 83 ChristiMTL
      August 27, 2012 at 9:30 am

I just read this comment on kos….I didn’t even know that about Chris…..wow…

“I’m more conservative than people think I am. … By the way, I voted for [President George W.] Bush. … I like to surprise people.” Matthews’s praise for Bush has at times been effusive; in 2005, he said that Bush “glimmers” with a “kind of sunny nobility”; that “[e]verybody sort of likes the president, except for the real whack-jobs“; and that, if he succeeds in creating a democracy in Iraq, Bush “belongs on Mount Rushmore.” -Media Matters For America

• 84 ChristiMTL
        August 27, 2012 at 9:38 am

I just saw that on Twitter

So the birther line from Romney was in his TelePrompTer . A scripted remark. So his staff was lying.

Is it true??

• 85 dotster3
        August 27, 2012 at 9:55 am

He can be all over the place, used to get a thrill up his leg when W. would appear in his cowboy clothes. Wha???? But he has pretty much been an Obama supporter all along—-despite some occasional puzzling segments—–influenced by his kids, I think, especially his son, a big Obama supporter.

• 86 0388jojothecat
        August 27, 2012 at 10:01 am

I wonder where GWB belongs in Tweeties book now? Instead of questioning the first war ALL the MSM was high fiving yet none of their kids were going to war. Now that Tweeties son is military age, I wonder if his kid will go off to Robme/Ryan’s wars.

22. 87 cluny
    August 27, 2012 at 9:23 am

Please let’s all send Tweety some love for having the decency to say what needed to be said. He is one of the very, very, few who has called out Romney/GOP on their disgusting behaviour towards the President. Mika tried to smooth things over and cover for Romney – pathetic. Chris was just GREAT.

• 88 Nena20409
      August 27, 2012 at 9:31 am

You are correct. Now the exposing of Mika was right there. She claims to be a Dem, but says Nothing and Matthews was not taking the nonsense. Joe the cheating Scar tried, but he knows best Not to cross Matthews. Matthews said yes, Romney was playing the race card. The RWNJs pretend and the likes of Scar covers for them, always with idiots like Mika inoculating their racism.

• August 27, 2012 at 9:34 am

Omalley did yesterday, as well!

• 90 Nena20409
        August 27, 2012 at 9:50 am

I heard that, but by then I had deleted my DVR tape without watching it. I am beginning to appreciated some of these surrogates, finally defending pres Obama, unabashedly.

23. August 27, 2012 at 9:33 am

So, NBC found Senior Citizens, six of them all doom and gloom. The Propaganda is actually turning into a comedy! Seriously?
    Next?

24. 92 Eveingeorgia
    August 27, 2012 at 9:34 am

I tried to tweet Chris, but got this message: “Your message could not be sent.” Anybody know why.

25. August 27, 2012 at 9:35 am

Good on Chris for calling them out on the right! That Joe is an asshole trying to hush Chris while he was making his point, and that Brokaw guy is the same!

• 99 Ladyhawke
      August 27, 2012 at 9:49 am

The problem from the beginning of this campaign has been that too many in the mainstream media have been looking out the window and pretending they are oblivious to what is going on in the Romney campaign. The total lack of journalistic integrity is just astonishing. Anyone with a couple of grey cells understands exactly what the dog whistles mean. It’s an insult to our intelligence to say Romney was just joking. The deference that is he being accorded is not normal. Romney lies and makes stuff up all the time and too many in the media are happy to let him get away with it. They just don’t have the courage to do their job. Because facts continue to have a liberal bias.

Joe, Mika, Tom and the rest of the cowards on the panel were just uncomfortable hearing the truth being told on tv. But isn’t that their job as journalists? And please spar me the crap from Tom Brokaw. As far as I am concerned the man to totally overrated. I just don’t get why he is considered such a sage of the news industry. He should have been embarrassed sitting there (taking cover) twisting himself into a pretzel just to get in his both sides do it nonsense.

• 100 dotster3
        August 27, 2012 at 10:01 am

Exactly. And I couldn’t believe how many times that horrible Priebus described Willard’s intentional birther remarks as “levity”—–as if he said it often enough, it would become fact. And when Tweety kept coming at him, poor Reincey said he was done, that he was going to leave. And Tweety said ‘that’s because you’re losing’ (the argument).

• 101 cluny
        August 27, 2012 at 10:29 am

Perfect analysis Ladyhawke – it’s so frustrating to watch these buffoons pretend to be serious.

26. August 27, 2012 at 9:41 am

Whoa, ABC confirms that Gov. Charlie Crist will be speaking at the DNC.

August 27, 2012 at 9:46 am

Oh I see.

• August 27, 2012 at 9:54 am

hf, as Jodi Kantor would say, hmmmmmmm.

I also noticed Eric Son of Eric tweeted about a report that said PBO’s stimulus benefitted FL. Hee haw!

28. August 27, 2012 at 9:46 am

Good morning everyone …

29. 115 Linda
    August 27, 2012 at 9:48 am

Someone needs to remind the Republicans that they held FEMA funding hostage during the debt ceiling fight…..

• 116 isonprize
      August 27, 2012 at 10:15 am

Yup, Linda, I’ve been saying that since Isaac was born. Now would be a great time to remind Re-thugs about their proposed funding cuts to FEMA.

30. 118 pinkbunny92
    August 27, 2012 at 9:53 am

Have you guys heard that Gov Crist is going to speak at the DNC? I was flabbergasted…in a good way! :-)

31. August 27, 2012 at 9:54 am

Good TOD Morning everyone!

32. 124 Ladyhawke
    August 27, 2012 at 9:55 am

Charlie Crist’s evolution nearly complete

By Steve Benen

————————-

And what of the party Crist used to call home? The former governor decries “an element of their party has pitched so far to the extreme right on issues important to women, immigrants, seniors and students that they’ve proven incapable of governing for the people. Look no further than the inclusion of the Akin amendment in the Republican Party platform, which bans abortion, even for rape victims.”

Making matters slightly more interesting, we learned this morning that Crist will also have a role at the Democratic National Convention next week.

For Obama, it’s beneficial to have Crist’s support and political network behind him in light of Florida’s significance. For Crist, don’t be surprised if/when he runs for governor in 2014 as a Democrat — perhaps even enjoying Obama’s blessing, if the president wins a second term.

———————————

33. 125 57andFemale
    August 27, 2012 at 9:56 am

This is a must-read and must-pass along:

When you read it you will be struck by the consistency of President Obama’s values throughout his life. I don’t mean blind ideology, but a deep consistency on the kind of world he envisions. take the time to read it if you haven’t already and tweet it like crazy.

34. August 27, 2012 at 9:57 am

New post (already) – but I thought Tweety deserved a post of his own:

August 27, 2012 at 9:57 am
    August 27, 2012 at 9:58 am

I think we all need to watch Hardball tonight! Chris wasn’t done bashing the crap out of Rinse, Lather, Repeat today….this man is loaded for bear!

August 27, 2012 at 10:00 am

It’s not all good news for Romney as ABC and CNN are trying to spin. In fact, it’s MOSTLY bad news.

38. 132 Alycee (@jazziz2)
    August 27, 2012 at 10:17 am

Goooooood Morning TOD!

Starting on C-Span2 right now – Michelle Obama on Book-TV

39. August 27, 2012 at 10:23 am

TNN take on France during the Vietnam war…

Don Millard‏@OTOOLEFAN

“In 1968, France was a dangerous place to be for a 21 year old American, but Mitt Romney was right in the middle of it.” CNN Doc