Aug

This and That

Msg from The Obama Diary: Genuine bloggers who create their own posts are welcome to use anything from TOD – rebloggers, who only copy others in an attempt to up their traffic, are not. Like the reblogger who treats women like this – explicit – while copying TOD posts on women’s rights. He belongs in the GOP.

President Obama arrives back at the White House, August 29

Washington Post: President Obama used some of his toughest language yet against rival Mitt Romney today, accusing the Republican’s campaign of bragging that “we will not let the truth get in the way.”

Speaking to an outdoor crowd of 7,500 in downtown Charlottesville, Obama said Romney and his campaign have not told the truth in TV ads accusing the president of ending the work requirement in landmark welfare reform legislation that was passed in the 1990s.

“Somebody was challenging one of their ads,” Obama said. “They just they made it up about work and welfare. And every outlet said this was just not true. They were asked about it, and a campaign person said, we won’t have the fact checkers dictate our campaign plan. We will not let the truth get in the way.”

Read the full article here

On British TV tonight, Iain Dale, a former Conservative Party election candidate …. jeez, even Thatcher worshipers recognize what the GOP has become:

EJ Graff (Prospect): Last night, I realized that God invented Twitter specifically so that political conventions would be entertaining to watch. Listening to the speeches last night while watching my Twitter feed was like watching it with a ballroom full of snarky friends, all rolling their eyes and emitting their one-liners.

For instance, how very inspiring it was last night to hear that Ann Romney loves women! My corner of the Twitterverse was waiting for her to announce that everyone should look under their seats—everyone was going to get a Cadillac! Tweeters exploded yet again when she noted that she and Mitt started their married lives in a basement apartment—which, she didn’t mention, just happened to be paid for by the sale of stock options. (Even Juan Williams didn’t buy her tale of hardship, saying on Fox News that she looked “like a corporate wife.”)

More here

Cagle

More here

Greg Sargent: This doesn’t happen every day, but good for the Los Angeles Times for calling out the ubiquitous falsehood about Obama supposedly waiving welfare reform’s work requirement right in its headline:

Rick Santorum repeats inaccurate welfare attack on Obama

As Kevin Drum says: “it’s about time reporters and copy editors started putting this stuff front and center.” And, indeed, the LA Times does this, in its headline and with this highly placed sentence: “In fact, Obama did not waive the work requirement.”

More here

Cagle

Steve Benen: …. while Condoleezza Rice is ostensibly hoping to give Romney some credibility on foreign policy – one of his more dramatic weaknesses – she hasn’t quite honed her talking points yet, as was evident on CBS this morning (see link for video)

What I found most interesting about this is that Rice seemed to have no idea what to say about President Obama’s foreign policy record. The best she could come up with was some vague attack on the president’s policy in Syria, which more or less echoed the same things Obama himself has said.

It’s also worth noting that Rice was a strong supporter of the New START treaty – a policy Romney condemned (but failed miserably to understand). So what is it about Romney’s vision that Rice likes? She hasn’t said, but it appears to have something to do with the “R” after his name.

More here

Cagle

Oh boy…..

McClatchy

Nick Anderson

408 Responses to “This and That”

1. 1 Elle in MI
    August 29, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Hello!

2. 3 Elle in MI
    August 29, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Listening to our illustrious president in Charlotteville on Cspan, Awesome!

August 29, 2012 at 8:33 pm

GM folks. yahoo chief fired for telling the truth.

Yahoo News has fired its Washington bureau chief for saying White House hopeful Mitt Romney was “happy to have a party with black people drowning”.

• 6 lisalovesobama
      August 29, 2012 at 8:35 pm

How comes no one fired Dick Hackprin for calling PBO a ****? Corporate Owned Bastards.

• 7 nathkatun7
        August 30, 2012 at 12:33 am

White male gender privilege dictates who gets fired and who gets a slap on the wrist in corporate media. Calling the President of the United States a**** gets you a slap on the wrist, but suggesting that a Republican presidential nominee seems not to care about the victims of a storm gets you fired. Like wise, calling a young white female “a slut” gets you a slap on the wrist while suggesting that a presidential candidate is more comfortable in white surroundings than he is among people of color gets you fired.

Let me make a confession. I never, in my wildest dreams, ever imagined that I would live long enough to witness two monumental world transformations: the end of Apartheid in South Africa and the election of an African American as President of United States. Actually, I always thought that the U.S. would be more accepting of a Black President than South Africa would be in ending white supremacy. That is because I strongly believed that racism was more deeper and more entrenched among white South Africans than among whites in the U.S. It turns out that I was sadly mistaken. While a sizable number of white Americans have clearly transcended race, there is still a sizable number of white Americans, may be a slim majority, who still cling to the ideology of white male supremacy. Sadly, many of those who believe in white supremacy still wield enormous economic power. Defying them has consequences.

Just Imagine where this country would be. in terms of race relations, if the powerful corporate media had elected to vigorously defend the legitimacy of President Obama instead of aiding and abating the teabag movement which, from the outset, was deeply invested in blatant racism aimed at delegitimizing him. It’s no wonder a Presidential candidate thinks that it’s funny to make a joke that implicitly questions the citizenship of a sitting President who was elected by the majority of Americans in an electoral landslide.

4. 12 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Hello!!

5. 13 PoliticalJunkessa
    August 29, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Great round up, Ms. Chips! :mrgreen: These cartoonists deserve some type of prize — they do such great work over and over and over again.

• 14 amk for obama
      August 29, 2012 at 8:39 pm

very smart peeps, these cartoonists. Obama campaign should pay for the royalty of these toons and start using them in their ads.

6. 15 anniebella
    August 29, 2012 at 8:39 pm

I told my elderly Mother to turn it to C-Span today and listen to the President in Virginia and she really enjoy listening to him. You thought she was in that crowd today.

August 29, 2012 at 8:42 pm

I email CNN and Wolf and told them what I thought of what happen to that black camera woman, and how it seems CNN is trying to keep it quiet for the GOP.

• 17 Obama Grandmama
        August 29, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Like I said before I am just back from a trip and trying to catch up. I do not know what the reference about the Black camera woman is about? Could you fill me in, please? Maybe it is in previous threads and I will get there to see it as I can.

7. 33 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 8:45 pm

“Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” may be on for those who’d rather hear something of substance.

• 34 Lorraine
      August 29, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Lol who is the Honey Boo Boo

• 35 lisalovesobama
        August 29, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Hucklebeeeeeeeez?

• 37 cookemom
        August 29, 2012 at 9:06 pm

It’s one of those Tots in Tiara type shows where they dress up little girls like street walkers and parade them around in beauty pageants. Honey Boo Boo has her own show now, from standing out on one of those shows. It showcases her entire family, whose claim to fame is that they all have their own teeth. That’s what happens when public access shows are defunded.

• 38 isonprize
          August 29, 2012 at 9:22 pm

That’s what happens when public access shows are defunded.

TELL IT! Wooo, cookemom, that is SO true!!!

• 39 TrumpDog
          August 29, 2012 at 9:23 pm

I know I shouldn’t have laughed but I couldn’t stop myself.

• 40 cookemom
            August 29, 2012 at 9:35 pm

They actually say that on the promo for the show. I’ll put it this way. They’d fit right in on the floor of that convention tonight. Not to typecast, but wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

• 41 Lb4Obama
          August 29, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Ah, yes. Honey Boo, Boo. It repulses me to know end that the real examples and proof of the dumbing down of America is the current Republican party. The rethugs like to pretend in their fucking upside down world, that it is the AA and Hispanic community that is a drag on our great nation. But again, in their upside down world, I know the “dumbing” is among the white folks who support the Republican platform. Just take a look around. Not only their bigotry (which is the correct term, NOT racism) but the artists and shows they watch. Hillbilly Handfishing, Ice Road Truckers, Hank Williams, Jr., Ted Nugent, Pawn shop trailer trash cable shows, the Duggars baby factory, etc. You get the idea. It all makes me sick!

• 42 0388jojothecat
        August 29, 2012 at 9:17 pm

a little girl from Toddlers and Tiara’s, but now she has her TLC show. Lets just say, she’s not the prettiest little girl but she’s definately different than the other little girls.

• 43 Dakota
      August 29, 2012 at 10:40 pm

That little girl gives me nightmares….

8. 44 sherijr
    August 29, 2012 at 8:46 pm

oh brother… the keystone pipeline. get over it republicans.

9. 45 4morefor44
    August 29, 2012 at 8:49 pm

i tend not to worry that much, but i must say this rather consistent softening of the secret service in “the news” is quite strange to me. i don’t remember a time when there were so many stories coming out to make the secret service look bad (supposedly an agent left a loaded gun on the mittbot’s plane…hmmmm….):

i don’t like it because if some sort of the unthinkable were to happen, “the news” could then point to all these stories, and much of the public (especially republicans) will be conditioned to think the secret service was incompetent and that’s why the unthinkable happened…not that there was a conspiracy with the cheny/bush/bilderberg/koch cabal. probably nothing like that, but i can’t help but wonder…

10. 47 dotster3
    August 29, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Hot hat trends at the convention—–ay yi yi yi yi.

11. 48 isonprize
    August 29, 2012 at 8:56 pm

TODers,

I just ran into an old friend who grew up in South Africa but is a long-time US citizen. She had just come back from visiting Capetown for about 2 months. She talked about how the rest of the world wonders what the hell is wrong with half of the US. She said they remind her of South Africa under the apartheid regime.

THIS IS WHAT THE RE-THUGS HAVE BECOME!!

Something Inside So STRONG ~~ Labi Siffre

12. 50 isonprize
    August 29, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Just a bit about the author… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labi_Siffre

Labi Siffre came out of self-imposed retirement from music in 1985 when he saw a television film from South Africa showing a white soldier shooting at black children. [4] He wrote “(Something Inside) So Strong” (No. 4, 1987),[3] an anti-apartheid anthem, a song of defiance in the face of oppression and bigotry, a song of personal inner strength and more.

Something Inside So Strong by Labi Siffre

The higher you build your barriers
    The taller I become
    The farther you take my rights away
    The faster I will run
    You can deny me
    You can decide to turn your face away
    No matter, cos there’s….

Something inside so strong
    I know that I can make it
    Tho’ you’re doing me wrong, so wrong
    You thought that my pride was gone
    Oh no, something inside so strong
    Oh oh oh oh oh something inside so strong

The more you refuse to hear my voice
    The louder I will sing
    You hide behind walls of Jericho
    Your lies will come tumbling
    Deny my place in time
    You squander wealth that’s mine
    My light will shine so brightly
    It will blind you
    Cos there’s……

Something inside so strong
    I know that I can make it
    Tho’ you’re doing me wrong, so wrong
    You thought that my pride was gone
    Oh no, something inside so strong
    Oh oh oh oh oh something inside so strong

Brothers and sisters
    When they insist we’re just not good enough
    When we know better
    Just look ‘em in the eyes and say
    I’m gonna do it anyway
    I’m gonna do it anyway

13. 51 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 9:02 pm

The second half of the snooze team of Thune and Portman is up now. You may go back to sleep, the snooze fest continues. Same old We built this City and PBO drinks lemonade.

14. 52 99ts
    August 29, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Looking at the pic of FLOTUS and David Letterman it reminds me that understanding comedy, like understanding the truth, leans somewhat left.

15. August 29, 2012 at 9:06 pm

I hope that ad from the CarMax CEO (previous thread) gets some airtime; although it’s too long for network TV. Maybe a version of it will be aired closer to Nov 6. I think most CEOs whose most important priority is NOT money in the bank would agree; they’d hire PBO over R-money in a heartbeat.

Here’s assessment of McCain at RNC tonight:

16. 54 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Had to switch the station. Little Lord Crybaby was on.

17. 55 anniebella
    August 29, 2012 at 9:16 pm

The day is almost gone, and I almost forgot. It’s the King of Pop 54th birthday. Happy Birthday Michael Jackson.

• 56 FiredUpInCA
      August 29, 2012 at 9:48 pm

ABC. Thanksgiving. Acclaimed filmmaker Spike Lee’s documentary ‘Bad25′ traces Michael Jackson’s vision during the making of ‘Bad,’ follow-up to his groundbreaking ‘Thriller.’http://lat.ms/RkG6I4

18. 57 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Had to switch the station cause The Crypt Keeper aka Arizona’s Pig in Lipstick is on.

19. 63 TrumpDog
    August 29, 2012 at 9:17 pm

hFor instance, how very inspiring it was last night to hear that Ann Romney loves women! My corner of the Twitterverse was waiting for her to announce that everyone should look under their seats—everyone was going to get a Cadillac!

LOL. I thought the same; she sounded just like Oprah.

20. 64 Ladyhawke
    August 29, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Aw, look how David Letterman is looking at FLOTUS. Sweet.

21. 65 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Did y’all see this? Some Spanish magazine photoshopped Miche’s face on the cover of its magazine. the body they put it on was a portrait of a portrait painted in 1800 of a former slave woman with one breast exposed. there is controversy over it. some are offended by it, others(the magazine) are saying it’s a tribute about the power and strength about the woman behind the man in the WH. what do y’all think?

• 66 forus50
      August 29, 2012 at 9:32 pm

My initial reaction was not favorable and perhaps only because it isn’t portrayed as strong – it looks like a submissive pose.

• 67 prettyfoot58
      August 29, 2012 at 9:32 pm

a rose is a rose…….and bullshit is bullshit….PERIOD!

August 29, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Yes lisa, I saw the picture. I’m not sure what I think of it.

• 69 0388jojothecat
      August 29, 2012 at 9:40 pm

I think if they want to pay tribute to Mrs. Michelle Obama, don’t superimpose her face onto ANYONE else’s body…….her body and likeness is just fine the way it is. it’s just not necessary. If whoever is doing this to embarrass or insult Mrs. Obama, then I am angry and offended. If they are doing it for shock value, then I am angry and offended, if they are doing this to get attention for themselves, then I am angry and offended…….What is the point of doing this to our wonderful First Lady?

• 70 susanne
      August 29, 2012 at 9:42 pm

i think it’s offensive to display the first lady in this way. it may read differently in a different cultural milieu, but if that were an american magazine cover, i’d be hopping mad.

• August 29, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Lisa,
      I think it is revolting. She is flotus. You do not superimpose her face on a seminude picture. With the racism in the media, I am suspicious. Why now? she has been in the white house for almost 4 years.

• 72 smoothscotch
      August 29, 2012 at 10:31 pm

My initial reaction was, BS, how dare they? I don’t care if its “art”, it just perpetuates racists attitues ( take my country back). I realize its a Spanish paper but it still smacks, to me, of disrespect.

• August 30, 2012 at 12:59 am

Well, at first i was pissed of and disgusted but then i thought that she is a descendant of slaves so in a way i LOVE it. I LOVE her and this photo shows her linear….. Am i wrong??

22. 74 prettyfoot58
    August 29, 2012 at 9:29 pm

In honor of the Repubs,,,,trying to get to know Mittens

23. 76 forus50
    August 29, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Condoleeza Rice is going to the wrong city to talk about foreign policy. We should have thrown her in prison and flown her to the city of Hague on a one way ticket to (with her husband George Bush) to explain her criminal foreign policies at the Hague Court. Talk a little about lying a country into war to have thousands maimed and killed and hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqui citizens murdered by the U.S. weapons of mass destruction That’s where she might have to tell the truth and not make up bullshit about Obama and Syria. I hope there is a very special place in HELL for this piece of shit woman.

24. 77 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Pawlenty’s up, go back to sleep. I’ll watch since I gotta stay up anyway. My #2 leaving LA and coming in tonight. Her flight doesn’t get in until 11:45.

25. August 29, 2012 at 9:37 pm

I hope someone is compiling a list of all the hypocrites the GOP is cheering for:

26. August 29, 2012 at 9:38 pm
    • 80 0388jojothecat
      August 29, 2012 at 9:46 pm

What’s up with MK, no snyde remarks? Oh maybe because the convention is using all his material…..

27. 81 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Saw 2 black women in the audience….GROSS!!! — also, joke at DWS? Disgusting.

28. 82 prettyfoot58
    August 29, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Huckabee…this is the man the RM could not wait to hear…

• 83 lisalovesobama
      August 29, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I’m no fan of The Cow, but it’s not for the reason you think. Chucklesbee has been an ardent hater of Willard for a long time and even last week he went after Willard. The Cow wanted to see if Fatso would continue to harangue Willard or if he’d play it nice. She was hoping Fatboy would call Willard out.
      =============================there it is. This is the first and only time I’ll ever defend That Skank……..no, don’t go outside to see if pigs are flying.

29. 84 0388jojothecat
    August 29, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Huckleberry Hound Dog is up….I have it on mute. Just think, Rachel loves him and thinks that he would go far if he had the money backing. I don’t think Huckleberry wants too many people looking into his background. He’s got a nice cushy job with faux noise.

• 85 COS
      August 29, 2012 at 9:52 pm

At first I had it on mute, but I could not stand to look at his lying hypocrite face. He is still doing that deceptive Obamacare ad and he knows that he is lying to people, but he keep asking for signatures. There is no excuse for him because he profess to be a man of God.

30. 86 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Chucklebee is on and he starts with a horrible joke about Debbie Wasserman Schultz. don’t ask me what it was, there’s only so much I can capture before I lose some IQ points. I’m waiting to hear if he defends the magical mystery vejayjay yes it can shut it down guy. He’s not starting off that way. He’s starting with PBO is welfare food stamp guy. I do believe we’ll see Chuckles in 2016 as a candidate as well. The good preacher preaching love and tolerance and truth….not.

31. 87 Ladyhawke
    August 29, 2012 at 9:49 pm

STAY CLASSY HUCK

ThinkProgress Live Blogs The Republican National Convention

By ThinkProgress on Aug 29, 2012 at 7:00 pm

——————————–

9:40: Pretty tasteless line from former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee: “The only hitch in an otherwise perfect week was the awful noise coming from the hotel room next door to mine. Turns out it was just Debbie Wasserman Schultz practicing her speech for the DNC in Charlotte next week.”

———————————–

• 88 COS
      August 29, 2012 at 9:54 pm

What type of congregation did this man have at church? This is as bad as the gun joke he made about PBO during the primaries in 2007.

32. 89 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 9:52 pm

This man is bordering on WTFism. He’s just given the Evangelicals the OK to accept Mormons. Now he’s talking about how much money Biden has given to charity. Says Mitt has given 16% of his money to his church. Course we won’t know that without seeing the tax returns. He also left out the demands of the Mormon regarding tithing. Sure, let’s open up that can of worms.

33. 91 forus50
    August 29, 2012 at 9:52 pm
  34. 92 FiredUpInCA
    August 29, 2012 at 9:52 pm

The Truth Team is tweeting throughout the whole RNC clownfest. Samples:

35. August 29, 2012 at 9:54 pm
  36. 94 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 9:55 pm

That was nearly unbearable, couldn’t end too soon. He even said that kids couldn’t get trophies for participating in games or whatever. He’s no religious man of the cloth. Here’s Dr. Condi.

• 95 99ts
      August 29, 2012 at 9:56 pm

They found an AA lady in the audience to show when Condi arrived

• 96 99ts
      August 29, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I can’t listen to much – but note she is attacking the President for “bad policies” – have you heard anyone speaking to Mitt’s “good policies”?

37. 97 Ladyhawke
    August 29, 2012 at 10:00 pm

ThinkProgress Live Blogs The Republican National Convention

—————————————–

9:54:Huckabee boasts that he’s helped fight AIDS with the ONE campaign, but the homophobia he spews and abstinence-only policies he supports contribute to the HIV epidemic.

9:49: Huckabee accuses Obama of waging a war on Catholics, referring to an Obamacare provision which requires employers and insurers to offer women birth control. But the measure exempts houses of worship and religiously-affiliated institutions from the requirement.

9:48: Huckabee raises doubts about Obama’s religion. Calls him a “self-professed evangelical” who “tells people of faith that they must bow their knees to the god of government.”

9:46: Huckabee has been the most vocal supporter of Todd Akin in the immediate wake of his “legitimate rape” comments.

9:43:: Huckabee reprises Newt Gingrich’s “food stamp president” line about Obama, ignoring that the growth in food stamps was due to a recession that began before Obama took office. The program has helped keep millions out of poverty, but it faces the axe under Paul Ryan’s budget. A diverse group of faith leaders has condemned the cuts.

———————————————

38. 98 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Condi is on. Shucking and jiving like a trained elephant in front of a rabid audience. Wtf? Why is she talking about the sex trade? What? Huh?

• 99 yardarm756
      August 29, 2012 at 10:20 pm

look at all them white faces clapping the goper lawn jockey. She may be my color be she is not my kind. She now needs to go to some little lunch counter in IN, TN, AK and order a cup of coffee. Good luck with that.

• 100 lisalovesobama
        August 29, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Can’t stand that witch

• 101 Alycee (@jazziz2)
        August 29, 2012 at 10:53 pm

All of my skin folk, ain’t my kin folk! Call her anything you want, except “Lawn Jockey.” I was taught that the lawn jockey statue was first commissioned by George Washington in honor/memory of his slave/groomsman Jocko Graves. On Christmas night 1776, Jocko waited on the Pennsylvania shore, holding a lantern as Washington crossed the Delaware; when Washington returned, he found Jocko frozen to death, still holding the lantern.

39. 105 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 10:01 pm

She’s actually going to equate 911 with the war in Iraq? She’s actually bringing up the economic crash of ’08? Here’s the national security and foreign affairs speech that Mitt can’t make. She’s asking where does America stand. Well she should know. If it weren’t for PBO fixing her mess, we’d be standing in deep doo doo. As I said earlier, this is a test for a possible 2016 run. So far she’s better received than anyone so far, including Ann.

• 106 lisalovesobama
      August 29, 2012 at 10:08 pm

I can’t say: “fucking bitch” often enough. Hate her stinking guts.

• 108 Lb4Obama
      August 29, 2012 at 10:16 pm

I can not stand Condi. She should be in prison with the rest of the war criminals. But, I must say she actually speaks well. With real big words and everything. I hope the crowd on the floor can comprehend her. But it is doubtful!

40. 110 Obama Grandmama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I am home from my trip to Reno to see my new grandson so have been away close to a week and am trying to catch up with all that has happened here as well as my Tivo tapes. I am watching the RNC while on this blog and can hardly stand it. The lies and enthusiasm for the rhetoric and talking points from the audience as well as the speakers baiting the audience to hate our President Obama.
    Right now Condi is talking and smearing Obama with you cannot lead from behind. I feel so close to this President that it hurts me to watch this convention.

• 111 susanne
      August 29, 2012 at 11:28 pm

blessings on the new grandbaby! just keep picturing that beautiful child, and the future our beloved pbo is securing for him and all the children. you can read about the convention later–enjoy the love now!

41. 112 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 10:03 pm

I’m waiting for her to speak on abortion, voter suppression, women’s rights and all those pesky subjects that would get her booed off the stage. Uh oh, she said Bush. Two people clapped.

42. 113 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:04 pm

I really dislike Condi Rice. Look at her trading her soul for a party that would just as soon walk over her than spit on her if she were on fire. Why is she lying about the trade agreements signed in this administration. Fucking bitch. I respect Colin Powell. He’s nobody’s trained monkey.

August 29, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Condi Rice is G.W. Bush woman, she is just as low life as Bush and Cheney.

• 115 Dakota
      August 29, 2012 at 10:47 pm

“I really dislike Condi Rice. Look at her trading her soul for a party that would just as soon walk over her than spit on her if she were on fire.”

Or throw peanuts at her and tell her she’s an animal.

43. 116 Walking_on_ Sunshine
    August 29, 2012 at 10:05 pm

My husband is making me laugh. He just watched Huckabee and updated me on the speech. “If you want to send your kid to college – you’re own your own, don’t ask the government. If you want food on the table, don’t ask the government. But if you want to f@ck – check with the government!” Good humor.

44. 118 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:06 pm

That heifer should be locked up in jail. Her dumb ass is lucky PBO is a good man. Spewing right wing talking points. Skank.

45. 119 NurseShar
    August 29, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Ok I just turned on MSNBC and I see Condition, all I can say is WTF. She has the nerve to say Mitt and Co know what to do with foreign policy???? Hmm the same thing as Bush? He was very successful.,,,,,,

46. August 29, 2012 at 10:07 pm

What a pimp for the Republican party. We knew she was a iar. She just proved it.

47. 121 prettyfoot58
    August 29, 2012 at 10:08 pm
    • 122 susanne
      August 29, 2012 at 11:31 pm

she deserves to take the hit. she not only stood by them, she was complicit in their evil plans. fawning over that imbecile shrub, ‘my husband,’ and now shilling for robmey. she has no integrity and deserves no respect. however, she has found a perfect home at the rethug convention.

• 123 prettyfoot58
        August 29, 2012 at 11:39 pm

still…
        she is not in an elected position she is the secretary of state/the same position that Hillary has …it is the policies of the Bush/Cheyney administration that led us into war…

48. 124 Ladyhawke
    August 29, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Andrew Sullivan’s take on Huck….

Live-Blogging Tampa Day Two

————————–

10 pm. “A mountain of debt and a pile of excuses”: this is the indictment. They want you to believe Obama inherited a surplus, that Democrats were in control from 2000 – 2008, and that for some reason, Obama spent like crazy, and wants more people on food stamps. It’s as if the recession and the debt bubble never existed. I guess they have forgotten – or are banking on the American people being felled by complete amnesia.

9.58 pm. Now Huckabee says that supporting Obama is like giving children prizes they don’t deserve. Again: children? The president can easily be reduced to a child needing more self-esteem? Again, the tone just rubs me the wrong way – and I tend to like Huckabee.

9.56 pm. Obama is attempting to prevent people from practising their religion. Lordy. Then Huckabee deftly slips in the line about not caring about what church Romney belongs to – a critical piece of reassurance for the evangelical base.

9.53 pm. That boring small businessman earlier, who claimed he did build his business, actually took $220,000 in stimulus funds:

——————————

49. 125 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:10 pm

She’s taking about k-12 educational crisi?! Bitch, tell that to all the repuke gov who are gutting education. Skank.

50. 126 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:12 pm

She has the nerve to talk about civil rights? What about voter suppression, bitch? What about limiting the rights of women? Shut up.

51. 127 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:14 pm

So I guess Ann Culter is right. Repukes on love their own blacks. Every other black person can go fuck ‘em selves. :roll:

August 29, 2012 at 10:14 pm

The fake RNC treat
    Rice-a-Romney
    The team that must be beat
    A war criminal and a tax cheat
    A pair you’d never wanna meet
    Rice-a-Romney
    The fake RNC treat.

(Sang to “Rice-a-Roni, the San Francisco Treat” jingle tune)

53. 130 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 10:14 pm

wait a minute Jan Brewer was just on saying to throw the immigrants out. Condi says we value them. Condi says education is key, but didn’t she get the memo? Her group hates education, wants to get rid of it. Her mom’s a teacher, didn’t she hear Crispy beat up on teachers last nite? Now she’s going all voucherism. Big applause, she may outshine RAyn and Mitt. Oh btw, she finally mentioned their names. She’s going to be a a hard act to follow. She alludes to becoming president of the united states if she wants to be. Big applause. OK Rubio, Chrispy, Pawlenty, Ryan, and all the other 2016 hopefuls are downing the Rolaids. This one will be rated up there with PBO’s 2004 speech.

54. 135 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Here’s Martinez from N. Mexico pandering to the 3 Latinos from the cleaning staff allowed on the floor for the visuals.

55. 137 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:17 pm

The fact that this Martinez idiot can stand in front of the Repuke convention and endorse Willard says a lot about her ambition and greed. Heifer.

56. 138 Ladyhawke
    August 29, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Fox News Dumps Sarah Palin and Cancels All of Her Interviews

By: Jason Easley

—————————–

Sarah Palin has taken to Facebook to complain that Fox News has canceled all of her scheduled interviews during their coverage of the Republican Convention.

Palin took to her Facebook bunker to tell the world what nobody cared enough to notice, “I’m sorry Fox cancelled all my scheduled interviews tonight because I sure wanted to take the opportunity on the air to highlight Senator John McCain’s positive contributions to America, to honor him, and to reflect on what a biased media unfairly put him through four years ago tonight.

As for Palin herself, as you can see by her Facebook rant, she is still stuck in 2008. Palin can’t stop blaming the “liberal media” for her downfall. She has become a pathetic figure. In four years, she has morphed from candidate for the vice presidency to bitter Facebook troll.

———————————-

57. 142 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 10:23 pm

She sold out for a free lunch? Whaaaaaat? All it took was a free luch to switch from Dem to Repub? Heck, somebody throw her a sammich. Never mind they can keep her. She’s talking about compromising with Dems now. Well, so much for her being a Teabutt princess.

• 143 cookemom
      August 29, 2012 at 10:26 pm

She finally says Mitt’s name these many many minutes into her speech. Oh she says it as she leaves the stage.
      Now showing the video introducing PAyn Rand. Here comes Eddie Munster.

August 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm

I guess the hatefest at FL will be over today ? Let’s get back to the real issues. No more rehashing of the stupidity show.

59. 145 Ladyhawke
    August 29, 2012 at 10:27 pm

A FOCUS ON NATIONAL SECURITY WITH NO MENTION OF OBL OMISSION??

ThinkProgress Live Blogs The Republican National Convention

——————————–

10:14: Rice referenced 9/11 at least twice during her speech, but like McCain, she didn’t mention that Osama bin Laden was killed.

———————————-

• 146 susanne
      August 29, 2012 at 11:38 pm

that’s because she’s responsible for 9/11–her claim to fame–and how sick is it that she’s up there smiling and talking about it like it was an adventure at summer camp. but since she had absolutely no role in killing osama bin laden, it’s just too boring to mention.

60. 147 vitaminlover
    August 29, 2012 at 10:28 pm

So from what I am gathering the Repub convention was/is a hatefest. Attack on others who aren’t like them. No solution offering to anything and a clown school all rolled into one. Whew! Am I glad i shielded myself from such poo-poo.

61. 148 Obama Grandmama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Ryan is on right now and introducing his family.

62. 149 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:31 pm

The kids are cute……too bad their dad is such a fucking douchebag.

63. August 29, 2012 at 10:33 pm
  64. 153 Bill R.
    August 29, 2012 at 10:33 pm

With a hurricane hitting the Gulf states, and GOP governors begging for Federal aid and assistance, and lives and property in jeopardy, I’m thinking all this talk about “we built it all by our lonesome……” and the ‘govt. is your enemy’ doesn’t play well.

65. 154 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Poking fun at PBO…… Can’t wait for November 7th…telling lie about that plant in Wi that closed under W……fucking liar.

August 29, 2012 at 10:35 pm
  67. 156 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:35 pm

All I’m hearing are repug lies. Amazing. What’s interesting about watching him is how he speaks. He truly believs what he’s saying…talking about Solyndra and cronyism. Wow. Pure lies.

68. 157 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Omg. rYan said if all the unemployed people lined up in single file, the line would wrap around the entire united states. Wow…….

69. 158 yardarm756
    August 29, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Lies, lies, and damn lies. Ryan is PapaIndiaEchoCharlieEcho OscarFoxtrot RomeoAlphaTango SierraHotelIndiaTango!

70. 164 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Something tells me rAyn is planting a flag for 2016.

71. 165 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Medicare lie. :roll: wow.

72. 167 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Okay now that he’s torn down Obamacare, I breathlessly await his idea of healthcare, or anything else he plans to do. I’ll still be waiting when they’ve cut the lights out in the convention hall. He’s lying, but we knew he would. I just want to hear his replacement plan. Won’t happen I know. It’s the ‘trust us’ plan.

73. 168 Ladyhawke
    August 29, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Sully on Boy Wonder …..

Live-Blogging Tampa Day Two

—————————————-

10.44 pm. Now the lie that Obama pursued healthcare reform before the economy, i.e. the bank bailouts, auto bailouts and stimulus.

10.43 pm. The stimulus was only Solyndra. Nothing else – and crony capitalism. What did tax-payers get out of the stimulus? They got tax cuts! And remember: no serious economist believes the stimulus did not improve employment and growth at all.

10.40 pm. It’s very quiet in the room. I keep wondering why Romney didn’t pick Martinez as veep? That would have been a game-changer.

10.32 pm. Romney’s decency is so obvious it does not need to be substantiated.

10.31 pm. Ryan is there and looks a little like the head of the College Republicans. The cowlick and the hair gel complete the crisp, earnest appeal. It’s just that suddenly, looking at him right now, he does not seem like someone who could be president at a moment’s notice. I’ve never really felt that about him before. Maybe having his mom testify for him was a little too much.

——————————

74. 171 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Wow. If people vote for Willard and The Serial Killer, they get what deserve. I can’t say it any plainer than that…….said he’s putting PBO and Joe on notice that him and Willard are the protectors of Medicare. I almost wish rAyn was the top of the ticket. I would love to see PBO crush him.

75. 174 Obama Grandmama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:43 pm

The GOP audience is either a gathering of the stupidest people or they like lies and will do whatever it takes to be back in charge. I knew the politicians were of the later hulk and many of both but now I see it in the followers too. I just hope we have enough on OUR side to get PBO back in office.

• August 29, 2012 at 10:49 pm

They will do whatever it takes to be in charge. In 2001 some Republican in Cingress said that was the start of a permanent majority. They are desperate to be back in control.

Thank you all for the RNC recaps. I wanted to know what was said, but sooooo couldn’t stand to watch it. Thank you thank you for saving me! You do important work!

76. 176 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Oh fuck no. I’m so ready to kick that fucker’s ass. You can tell he’s got an axe to grind with PBO. god, why could rAyn be the top of the ticket. I really want him and PBO to have it out.

77. 177 yardarm756
    August 29, 2012 at 10:44 pm

It takes some monumental stones to look into the camera and lie like Ryan. God help me what I’m thinking now. A pox on you and your house Ryan.

78. 180 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Blamed the downgrade on PBO. also the debt saying he increased the debt and now it’s more that all Europe’s debts combined.

79. August 29, 2012 at 10:46 pm
  80. 182 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 10:49 pm

“Ship trying to sail on yesterday’s wind” Did y’all get that? Anybody know what that means? Still no word on what he’ll do or how he’ll do it. Great applause from the crew, I don’t know if Mitt will get the same. They like their little Eddie Teabag, the other guy….not so much. Somebody better do better than bashing by tomorrow or they adjourn with no one knowing what they stand for. That’s their plan though. The rest of their campaign will be limited to dog whistles and racial innuendo.

I can’t wait for our turn. The ‘we built that’ will be stuffed down their throats with examples of everyone of them who said they built it taking government assistance. They’re really giving the Dems a lot to work with. RAyn now talks about his mom’s small business. Good thing the kids were getting her late husband’s gubmint issued social security checks to help out.

81. 183 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:49 pm

I’m so pissed. We need to crush this fucker. I believe I hate him more than Mrs. Money and her Sackless Wonder husband.

August 29, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Paul Ryan is B-O-R-I-N-G. He really needs public speaking lessons. I agree with the article that the BEST way to watch the convention is to be on Twitter. Liberals are so fucking funny with their snarky and truthful one liners. I’ve had so much fun tweeting about the mess they call a convention. It’s been a blast.

• August 29, 2012 at 10:52 pm

So true, UT. We’ve never had a ‘Twitter Election’ and we are sure going to enjoy and leverage it, maximally. The other side is clueless as to the power of Twitter, that they have already evidenced conclusively the past 8 months.

• 186 lisalovesobama
      August 29, 2012 at 10:54 pm

All he’s making me is mad…….. “the Obama economy”? ….. Wow.

83. August 29, 2012 at 10:50 pm
  84. 188 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:51 pm

On to the “you didn’t build that” lie. I can’t believe I’m watching this shit.

85. 189 Robert
    August 29, 2012 at 10:51 pm

lord, I was just playing a game call spot the non white person in the crowd at the RNC convention and all I got for my troubles was a flipping sore neck. Any person on here spotted any?. I have to say though, the repubs have lying down to an art form.

86. 192 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:52 pm

What? You’re throwing Ayn Rand off the cliff? Your economic guru is now Jack Kemp? :roll: what a fricking ass. I can’t wait for him and Joe. This shit has reached the limit.

87. August 29, 2012 at 10:54 pm
  88. 194 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Well, I’ve got to hand it to him, rAyn is very good at spinning lies.

89. 195 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 10:55 pm

VP Joe will take him to the woodshed. I don’t think he’ll cotton to this young whipper snapper lying all over the place.

• 196 lisalovesobama
      August 29, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Joe and PBO watching this shit tonight, same as they’ll watch Willard’s. They’re doing their homework. rAyn is a brash over eager putz. He’s good when he’s scripted, not so much when he’s face to face with an opponent.

August 29, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Okay, when Chuck Todd and Jake Tapper are criticizing a Repub’s speech on Twitter, you KNOW it must be really, really bad….

• 198 lisalovesobama
      August 29, 2012 at 10:58 pm

What speech? rAyn’s?

• August 29, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Tapper got the same missive …

• 201 Ladyhawke
      August 29, 2012 at 11:06 pm

THIS IS ANOTHER TEST FOR THE SO CALLED JOURNALISTS IN THIS COUNTRY

Everyone should be outraged at the blatant lying. The Romney/Ryan campaign is thumbing their noses at all of us with the incessant lying. They don’t give a rats arse. They have contempt for the media and the voters. So again, this is a test for the mainstream media. Are they going to throw up their hands and say we just can’t keep up with all of the lies (at which point RomRyan wins) or are they going to do their jobs and report the facts no matter how long it takes.

91. 202 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Nice joke about his play list. This guy is pure sociopath.

92. 203 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 10:59 pm

They’ve got rAyn on tv rewriting Willard’s resume. Wow.

93. 204 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Who told RAyn to talk about Mitt’s record in Massachusetts? Hmmm, the next phase in an attempt to get back to the middle? Oh Mr. RAyn, since you are on government, when you gonna talk about women’s rights?

94. August 29, 2012 at 11:02 pm
  95. 207 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Saying thy PBO spent the last for years blaming others and not taking responsibility. Wow.

August 29, 2012 at 11:12 pm

What has Paul Ryan and the Congress spent the last four years doing? The House lead by Speaker Boehner and the Tea Party have the lowest approval ratings of any Congress. So it’s clear Ryan and his Republicans have been doing a darn thing, except trying to take women’s rights away.

96. 211 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Okay, the kid is done…..they got nothing.

97. 213 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 11:04 pm

He’s so cheap. His wife and kids came on stage to hug and kiss him. Wow

• 214 cookemom
      August 29, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Gonna leave his family out of it. So far they’ve not done anything but support their hubby and dad. Now his mom is different. He inserted her into the campaign and RAyn is trotting her out on stage and in his speeches.

August 29, 2012 at 11:08 pm

How can you guys stand that crap?

98. 216 Obama Grandmama
    August 29, 2012 at 11:05 pm

As Ryan finishes up my heart sinks. He really energized the crowd. I hate that! He was full of lies though. I hope his speech gets fact checked.

August 29, 2012 at 11:07 pm

My heart does not sink. He is the female Sarah Palin. She energized the GOP rabid crowd but eroded the votes. That’s exactly what Ryan will do.

• 218 57andFemale
        August 29, 2012 at 11:12 pm

But not as targeted to seniors as this. Remember, the seniors in FL LIKE to be scared — they voted a Medicare cheat as governor.

Now we have to work to undo this damage. The campaign has been way too mild since Ryan was picked; and even before Ryan the ‘stealing from Medicare’ line was part of Romney’s stump speech.

We did not get ahead of this narrative and we should have.

August 29, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Not a single poll has shown the Ryan plan to be preferred more than President Obama’s plan among swing state voters. Obama leads Ryan on the medicare issue by double digits. The one poll that showed Romney supposedly beating Obama is highly problematic and reveals a reliability issue with the polling question.

Secondly, was Gov Rick Scott’s opponent when he ran for governor? Not Barack Obama.

• 220 prettyfoot58
          August 29, 2012 at 11:35 pm

i disagree…

on every stomp…in every speech…ads….websites…PBO and the campaign have refuted the lies…..

but when they outspend us…when they use racism…and when their campaign strategy is to lie about everything….the challenge to combat it is great….but to say that the campaign and the President have not fought back would be inaccurate

• 221 99ts
        August 29, 2012 at 11:13 pm

She certainly did – and it lasted until she had to answer a softball question – will Ryan even talk to a journalist who will ask a real question about medicare (does the latter even exist?)

• 222 cookemom
      August 29, 2012 at 11:08 pm

It was a good delivery, but no substance, unless you count lies. It’s also his well rehearsed stump speech.

• 223 lisalovesobama
      August 29, 2012 at 11:18 pm

I know what you mean, but then I remembered that he’s a liar and the days of reconning will come. rAyn still needs to meet head to head with Joe and Willard has to face PBO. Then it’s up to the country to decide. All we can do is try our best to inform the electorate. If they vote the other way, then they’ll have to live with it. You can’t save people who don’t try to help themselves.

August 29, 2012 at 11:05 pm
  100. 227 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Tweety didn’t like rAyn’s speech, liked Condi’s

August 29, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Neither of these speeches was good. Wait until next week, and we will see some really good speeches, energized and inspired crowds. Sure the MSM will try their best to ding the speeches, because the MSM applies twice as stringent criteria to Democrats as they do to Republicans. And three times as stringent to President Obama.

But we know better. We can compare the speeches side by side because now there is youtube, Twitter, etc.

101. 230 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Steve Schmidt cant spout out more about rAyn. I think he’s about to come in his pants.

102. 232 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Rev Al killing it!!! Calling out the lies!!

103. 233 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Tell it Rev Al!!!! It’s great poetry, but if you want truth, then this wasn’t it. RAyn lied about the plant in Janesville, Condi still wouldn’t be able to have that hamburger if state’s rights had remained in place.

104. 234 Obama Grandmama
    August 29, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Chris Matthews now sounds like he wants Condi for President.

105. August 29, 2012 at 11:16 pm
  106. August 29, 2012 at 11:16 pm

I never know at any given point if Tweety is going to go off on the Republicans, or give them glowing Praise?
    He is very unidentifiable.

• 238 COS
      August 29, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Now Tweety is rooting for Rice to run for President. He has totally forgotten all of her other flaws as SOT. He is living in the moment right now. He was spot on about Ryan. Steve Schmidt should not be on this panel. He is just rubber stamping all of the lies tonight.

• August 29, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Not to mention, she had no idea what to do, during 9/11. She was the one who authorized the slashing of the counter terrorism led by Richard Clarke.
        And Chris knows about That Movie Fair Game. He was the one who called Ambassador Wilson and said he was Fair Game.
        That is why, me thinks Tweety has a Mental disorder.

August 29, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Jovie, that’s MSNBC’s model to keep ratings flowing. Bait and switch…

That’s why I don’t put too much stock in ANYTHING said by any of these pundiots anymore. They are only concerned about keeping their cushy, very well-payingjobs, and not necessarily what is best for this country. If it means going along with Republican lies, and pretending that their speeches are better than they actually are, well so be it.

I’m just going to wait for the DNC convention.

107. 241 squarepeg
    August 29, 2012 at 11:18 pm
  108. 242 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Chris is in love with Condeleeza, not so much RAyn. He said RAyn talking to folks who relish in the rights given in the 1700s. He never mentions the folks who didn’t have their rights recognized federally until the 1960s. Andrea Mitchell talking to Condi Rice who his saying that Bin Laden is dead due to the process put in place under Bush. groan.

August 29, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Hay Condi, President Obama could have said what G.W. said, I’m not concern about bin Laden.

August 29, 2012 at 11:37 pm

I’m betting that if PBO had given the exact same type of speech as Rice, Tweety would be all over it with criticism, saying how dishonest it was, etc.

• 245 cookemom
        August 29, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Tweety admires PBO. He likes Condi, he got a thrill up his leg over PBO.

August 29, 2012 at 11:45 pm

The thrill-up-leg remark was when PBO was not yet considered a major threat to the Republicans politically. Once PBO got elected, Tweety only defends him when he’s blatantly attacked on the basis of race. Tweety hardly praises his speeches or anymore. Most of the time he’s critical of them. Just tonight, Tweety was busy knocking him on some issue, saying that Biden was smart and wise on the issue and PBO was “wrong” and didn’t listen to Biden.

Now he has a thrill up his leg for Condi. She’s not considered a threat. She wasn’t even selected for Romney’s VP pick.

• 247 cookemom
            August 29, 2012 at 11:53 pm

I guess I’m just not as upset with Tweety or the pundit class. They do their job and I choose what part of that to focus on. I take Tweety on his good days and ignore him on the bad ones. I’ve always said he was a good/bad twin, it depends which one will appear on any given day. Same with the others. I pretty much don’t care what they say. It’s rare they’ll impact how I feel about an issue.

August 30, 2012 at 12:01 am

The media is not a benign entity. It’s a mass communication system to which majority of people look when deciding who to put power and in charge of their lives and our lives. We cannot afford to simply ignore the media and pretend that their influence is minimal. That’s just not the case. They put a great deal of effort into misinforming the electorate not just to keep their revenues but also to push the same conservative, vulture capitalist agenda that allows them to thrive at a time when America is suffering economically. It was the media who allowed Bush to lie us into two wars, among other outrageous things, and they have continued enabling Republican obstructionism from the time PBO was inaugurated. And we see their enabling Mitt Romney, because he promises to push their conservative, deregulated vulture capitalist agenda if he is elected, just like GWB.

• 249 lisalovesobama
            August 29, 2012 at 11:56 pm

FLOTUS on Letterman!!

109. 251 anniebella
    August 29, 2012 at 11:20 pm

As President Obama said Romney and Ryan are not going to let the truth stand in their way. The Catholic and the Mormon are going to lie, lie, lie.

110. 252 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 11:20 pm

The idiot SEAL is coming up on my local CBS news show. :roll: fucker. Skip!

111. 253 smoothscotch
    August 29, 2012 at 11:21 pm

What a lying woman that Rice is during that interview with mitchell. WTF, the ground work for getting bin ladin was under Bush?????????screamomg at my TV. done . if those people get elected, good luck. shit. damn I am flabbergasted. As for Ryan, whaT A LYING SACK OF SHIT. i knew I shouldn’t have watched.

112. 256 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 11:21 pm

Im watching the Medicare lie ad being used against Bill Nelson. These people are sick.

113. 257 yardarm756
    August 29, 2012 at 11:21 pm

Condi Rice has Calista hair. Help me out here ladies.

• 258 isonprize
      August 29, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Yardarm. Actually, I thought Condi’s hair looked better than usual. It actually moved once or twice. It used to be straight up helmet hair!! :lol: :lol: Still looked a hot mess, but a bit bitter than her normal. She is so delusional that it’s kinda pathetic.

114. August 29, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Yellow Cake Condi Rice, being Intrrviewed by the Hobbit!

• 261 0388jojothecat
      August 30, 2012 at 1:14 am

Steve Schmidt suggested that Condi Rice could run for Governor of California…..NOT IF I LIVE HERE. She will have to run against Gavin Newsom.

115. 262 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Skip! Not watching Scott Walker. Freak.

116. 263 lamh35
    August 29, 2012 at 11:25 pm

I really do weep for our country that our media is more into bells whistles & quotable lines rather than the truth. That Paul Ryan speech made me so mad and then the so called MSM reaction just made me sad.

I’m off to bed tomorrow I go back to my 7 on days at work. Glad I’m gonna miss the rest of the RNC, but sad I’m not gonna be around for the DNC, but I will be putting it on my queue.

I’ll be only sparsely commenting til after my 7. Have a great Labor Day weekend guys!

• 264 cookemom
      August 29, 2012 at 11:38 pm

what station did you watch it on? MSNBC didn’t let them off the hook at all. Well, Chris fell in love with Condi’s speech. Other than that, they were on it.

117. 265 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Walker saying the auto industry would be better if PBO had followed Willard’s theory of managed bankruptcy. Ass.

118. 267 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Rev Al is awesome! Walker blaming his states unemployment not on his policies but on what PBO didn’t do. Fucking liar.

• 268 COS
      August 29, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Oh my, we have got a lot of correcting to do next week. I am glad this lying cesspool was before our convention.

• 269 isonprize
        August 29, 2012 at 11:35 pm

COS, I agree. I’m so glad that the RNC is first. And DNC gets the “last word.”

BTW, Tom Brokaw just called him “President Romney”

• 270 Obama Grandmama
          August 29, 2012 at 11:38 pm

Tom corrected himself and actually gave a pretty harsh analysis of Ryan. It actually surprised me that he was so critical of him.

• 271 isonprize
            August 29, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Yeah, ObamaGrandmama, I noticed that. It just annoys me that when the announcers make a mistake “for” the Re-thugs it’s just corrected (or not) and folks move on.

If the same thing is done re: Dems, it’s a big mess… Just an observation.

• 272 lisalovesobama
            August 29, 2012 at 11:42 pm

What did that old TomCat say about rAyn?

• 273 0388jojothecat
            August 29, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Tom is a senile old foul and needs to retire. I really really miss Tim Russert….Tim’s son has been missing, what happened to him….he was all over the place for awhile there.

• 274 Nena20409
              August 30, 2012 at 9:31 am

I tape Martin Bashir. I saw his Yesterday show this morning and Luke was on his show at the Tampa, FL convention. He was inside the building on the floor. He is not seasoned. They are just training him up. With both his parents in Journalism, I am sure he would eventually come up to speed.

119. 275 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Come on DNC!!! I’m ready! I’m pissed, fucking pissed!! Come on, DNC!!!!!

120. 276 smoothscotch
    August 29, 2012 at 11:33 pm

ok, I’m still here. Ed and Rev Al went after that other sanctimonious liar, what’s his name, about that GM plant closing in 2008. He tried to blame PBO but they weren’t having it, he even told Al how he likes to talk over people (especially when he’s calling you a liar). Scott, I think. My BP is up.
    where do these people come from? I hope there is a special place for them.

121. August 29, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Now this is very smart, not allowing the Liberal panel to talk and abuse them, like last night. Instead, they are sending one after another Republucans to be interviewed.
    No Democrats. Sadly!
    You know, the Republicabs will also be all over the place, during our Convention. O don’t think we can get air time, they will not allow us!

122. 279 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Where to start with the Scott Walker interview from the floor. To sum up he said that PBO’s policy was responsible for the plant in Janesville that closed in ’08. When called on it by Ed, Rachel, and Rev Al ,he stuck to his position that PBO promised his stimulus would save the Janesville plant. Yes, even though PBO didn’t take office til ’09. ReEv Al then asks, you mean his policy should have worked retroactively? Walker all but says yes.

123. 280 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Not hanging around for Meet The Pooper and Tom The Liar……. Ugh! What time is Dave?! I need to see some Miche. Gotta get the stench of GOP rott offa me.

124. 281 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Okay, pigs are flying!!! David Gregory is actually calling out Condeleeza’s and Paul Ryan’s lies. Wow, those lies must really be bad.

August 29, 2012 at 11:40 pm

He can’t escape it. Everyone on Twitter is talking about those lies, and Bill Burton sent that tweet as a direct test to people like Gregory.

125. August 29, 2012 at 11:39 pm
  126. 284 smoothscotch
    August 29, 2012 at 11:40 pm

I sure hope that when Nov 6 comes, people will vote in their best interest. There are more than 300M people in the USA, surely, surely, 60% are sane.

127. 285 Tally
    August 29, 2012 at 11:40 pm
  128. 289 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 11:43 pm

David Letterman!! Don’t forget FLOTUS!!!!!!

129. 290 Tally
    August 29, 2012 at 11:43 pm
  130. 300 Tally
    August 29, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Galaxy 4 – 0 Puerto Rico CONCACAF Chamoins league min 81.
    :D

Sure beats watching NaziCon2012.

131. 303 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Don’t forget FLOTUS on David Letterrman!!

132. 304 cookemom
    August 29, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Ezra talks on the lies RAyn told tonight. Shines the light on why his lie makes no sense.

133. 308 sabreen60
    August 29, 2012 at 11:48 pm

At least on Current TV the commentators were Al Gore, Jennifer Granholm, Spitzer (don’t like) & Cenk (can’t stand). But Jennifer & Al were in control. And I didn’t have to hear people defending the lying Ryan.

134. August 29, 2012 at 11:49 pm
  135. August 29, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Maggie Haberman of Politico says, that Ryan speed was the best speech of the Convention.
    Well, that isn’t saying much! My Labrador could get on that Stage, and start barking, to what would then be considered, the best speech of the Convention.

136. 312 lisalovesobama
    August 29, 2012 at 11:51 pm

Dave’s monologue all about the RNC. hilarious!

137. 313 PoliticalJunkessa
    August 29, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Ha — David Letterman is skewering republicans and what they have in store for women if elected in November. :mrgreen:

• 314 PoliticalJunkessa
      August 29, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Yikes. This page is extremely slow and keeps crashing for me. G’nite everybody and enjoy FLOTUS on Letterman!

138. 315 sabreen60
    August 29, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Ryan is all bluster. He keeps saying he wants the Medicare fight. Yeah right. He’s lying through his teeth and almost as good at it as Sarah Palin. When VP Biden smacks him upside his head and says ‘sit down boy and let the adults continue to work’ he’ll look like Boehner dabbing his eyes.

139. 316 Ladyhawke
    August 29, 2012 at 11:52 pm

ROMNEY STRATEGY IS CONTEMPT FOR THE NEWS MEDIA (AND THE VOTERS)

The Mendacity Is The Message

By Paul Krugman

—————————–

Here’s the bad news: Mitt Romney’s campaign is setting new standards in serial dishonesty. Really. He makes Bush look like a font of truth and accuracy.

Here’s the good news: reporters seem to have noticed, and — be still my beating heart — we’re starting to see reports that actually point out the distortions, rather than saying that “some Democrats” say that he isn’t being honest.
    The core of Romney’s campaign strategy seems to be contempt for the news media (and the voters), the belief that he can say anything and pay no price — which was the way things worked for Bush. But maybe, just maybe, his calculation was wrong, and serial dishonesty will become, justifiably, part of the narrative.

——————————————-

140. 317 isonprize
    August 29, 2012 at 11:53 pm
  141. 318 anniebella
    August 29, 2012 at 11:56 pm

Okay guys, want to clam down, FLOTUS is about to come on Letterman show.

142. 319 sherijr
    August 29, 2012 at 11:58 pm

okay I watched the whole insane asylum.. what a mess. absolutely nothing but lies from every single open mouth. I just cannot wait to vote. I’m totally FiredUp, these people bring out the warrior in me.

143. 320 Tally
    August 29, 2012 at 11:58 pm
  144. 326 cookemom
    August 30, 2012 at 12:00 am

Well time for me to go O folks. Off to the airport. Don’t stay up too late. There’s still a great getting up day to face tomorrow. Wouldn’t want you too pooped to pop.

145. 328 susanne
    August 30, 2012 at 12:00 am

the atlantic is not impressed with mccain’s speech. the article is titled: mccain reminds america why it didn’t elect him.

‘ The GOP’s 2008 nominee extols an interventionist foreign policy with no acknowledgement of Bush-era failures. ‘

146. 329 lisalovesobama
    August 30, 2012 at 12:05 am

STOP WATCHING THE CRAP ON MSNBC AND SWITCH TO CBS!!! Miche on!!!

August 30, 2012 at 12:08 am

Thx to a BJ poster.

148. 335 lisalovesobama
    August 30, 2012 at 12:08 am

Sasha went away to sleep away camp because Sasha felt Miche was ready it.

August 30, 2012 at 12:10 am

Sasha is too much! Love it! :)

• 337 lisalovesobama
        August 30, 2012 at 12:14 am

I know right? Sasha said she didn’t miss the, but by 2 weeks in, Miche and PBO wanted their girls back, but by then “it was too late!”

• 338 daisydem
      August 30, 2012 at 12:25 am

the second child can often be a handful … a free spirit … they can go rogue … I know this from experience, and I would not trade anything for her, not anything! Michelle is right, yes, you might

• 339 daisydem
        August 30, 2012 at 12:27 am

oops, got posted before I finished .. you might think you are honing up your skills on first child, but then second child is totally different and what worked with the first doesn’t work. It is fun, challenging and rewarding!

• 341 lisalovesobama
        August 30, 2012 at 12:28 am

Sasha is too funny. She’ll definitely turn PBO’s hair white.

August 30, 2012 at 4:42 am

These are things the American public can relate too, because they have gone through it with their children. The part were what work for one child don’t work for the other. Any parent knows that one child is not like another child. These are the Mommie issue FLOTUS can talk about and she is real, speaks from her heart, unlike Queen Ann.

149. 343 Ladyhawke
    August 30, 2012 at 12:11 am

REPUBLICAN JOB CREATION

========================

During the 2010 mid-terms the GOP campaigned fiercely on the platform of job creation and, as a result of such promises, the GOP gained the majority in the House of Representatives. As the new Speaker of the House, John Boehner made the welcome claim that the primary goal of the Republican Party was to increase employment in the U.S.

His exact words were: “We’re going to have a relentless focus on creating jobs.”

The following, therefore, is a chronological list of legislation by the GOP beginning 2-10-2011 which I created purely for my own amusement. That it has reached its current imposing length without one anecdotal citation of new employment as a result of Republican legislation is simply shocking. Shame on these useless hypocrites.

There are those who choose to place the blame for high unemployment on Mr. Obama’s shoulders, but keep in mind that it’s the House that enacts legislation and controls the governmental purse-strings, not the President. The Stimulus package passed by the Democrats in 2009 helped the economy but would have been more effective if the GOP hadn’t limited it to little more than a package of more useless tax breaks for the rich.

===========================

Non-Job Creation Legislation of 2011

(1) Attempted curtailing of abortion rights.

(2) Attempted defunding of Planned Parenthood.

(3) Attempted defunding of NPR.

(4) Investigating Muslims.

(5) Declaring English as America’s Official Language.

(6) Reaffirming “In God We Trust”. Yawn.

(Hmm. The list is getting long. Better start dating this stuff.)

(7) 3-28-2011: Challenging AARP’s tax-exempt status.

(8) 4-1-2011: Approved defunct funding for failed religious schools.

(9) 4-6-2011: Attempt to destroy Medicaid.

(10) 4-8-2011: Attempt to destroy Planned Parenthood.

(11) 4-11-2011: Planning on shutting down the government

(12) 4-13-2011: Attempt to destroy the EPA.

(13) 4-15-2011: Attempting to eliminate financial counseling.

(14) 4-18-2011: Passed a House budget that gives $4 trillion in tax cuts to the rich.

(15) 4-20-2011: Spent $500,000 to discriminate against gays.

(16) 4-22-2011: Continued toadying for the rich.

(17) 4-25-2011: Pretending the deficit is to blame for slow job growth.

====================================

150. 344 Tally
    August 30, 2012 at 12:12 am
  151. 345 dotster3
    August 30, 2012 at 12:16 am

Great fun convo (conversation) with Dave and Michelle. Easy and appealing.

152. 347 lisalovesobama
    August 30, 2012 at 12:18 am

Malia just made the varsity tennis team!!

153. August 30, 2012 at 12:20 am

Ok, so we have just watched the Acceptance Speech for the 2012 Republican Vice Presidential Nominee Paul Ryan. This is my opinion of this, “Vice President Biden will beat Paul Ryan like a disobedient child during Sunday School in 1952.” First off, Paul Ryan doesn’t even look like a Vice President a.k.a. someone who could become President. He looks like a little child playing dressup. For all the talk of him using P90X, he sure forgot to drink those jugs of whey.
    Again, his speech making capabilities are really REALLY subpar. Maybe that’s the reason he keeps dinging the Presidents’ “lofty speeches” By now, America knows that it means they are really jealous of that capability and know that the President and Vice President will tear the roof off the mothersucka next week.
    First lie in his speech, which the Janesville Plant closed, “within a year of President Obama’s election.” It closed in 2008 under George W. Bush. The one who we can no longer blame for the $1 Trillion dollar debt he left us since Republican now believe in expiration dates for blaming them for stuff they jacked up.
    It was cute looking at the debt clock and finally hearing Republicans acknowledge debt and deficits after years of following Dick Cheney’s “Deficits Don’t Matter” trope. It was astonishing seeing Ryan declare that HE is the savior for medicare, though he wants and his party since its inception, has wanted to slit the throat of this program, including President Ronald Reagan.
    It was interesting how he said that it was the President who did not want to work with those, “Good Faith” Republicans, and that he was responsible for the downgrade of the credit rating. Pity that when Moody’s downgraded the United States, that they blamed indirectly Republicans for trying to get us to default on our debt. I guess they are banking on people not seeing that. Pity, that I saw news reports saying that Speaker John Boehner walked out of the White House because his chain was yanked by Majority Leader and Tea Party cheerleader Eric Cantor.
    Seriously, this full speech just clarified to me at least that the Romney/Ryan ticket believes that the American people are forgetful rubes. People that just need to be told who to fault for the problems they left us and that these same policies, rather their roided policies, are going to help us fix the debt that those policies blew up. It was a great speech only if you forget reality or just are in denial over it.
    Also, I see that this speech didn’t really back up Mitt Romney as commander in chief, just like the others. Its odd to me, because four years ago, John McCain’s story was on a loop. I was concerned that people would actually buy it all. Now, I’m wondering what delusional twit would by anything they are selling. The base, who perpetually hates Barack Obama with a passion might eat this speech up, but the miniscule independent audience is wondering what the hell did I just watch?

154. 354 lisalovesobama
    August 30, 2012 at 12:22 am

Dave asking about the convention. Asked if she watched the RNC. She said no….but it was funny…..now asking about Todd Akin….she’s funny.

155. 355 prettyfoot58
    August 30, 2012 at 12:24 am

I Loveeeee our FLOTUS

156. 356 lisalovesobama
    August 30, 2012 at 12:25 am

Dave trying to get FLOTUS to tell what she and PBO say to each other about dumb guys like Todd Akin…..she her comment was awesome! Very no comment but you know she and PBO had something to say about that!!!

August 30, 2012 at 12:32 am
    • 358 Ladyhawke
      August 30, 2012 at 1:07 am

Great. Any journalist worth his/her salt should be making it a point to expose the lies uttered by Paul Ryan tonight. It has to be one of the most cynical and dishonest speeches so far. I expect Mitt Romney to be worse. I think there should just be an assumption that anything that Romney/Ryan says is going to be a lie, a distortion, or just something made up.

158. 359 cluny
    August 30, 2012 at 12:37 am

Please all PBO supporters do not take the Rethug bait and make it a blackvswhite issue on anything. That’s what they want. You never hear PBO call ‘racist’ even when he has every reason to and is probably dying to do so. All this will be settled once he win his second term and he and Michelle write their books but for the monent let’s be very careful about what we put in tweets re blackvswhite. We need white votes – that’s Willard’s strategy so let’s not help him. Instead let’s talk to all our white friends about what the important issues are, We can say that Mitt lies – plenty of examples to point to but please let’s remain vigilant.

August 30, 2012 at 12:57 am

duny, POTUS will not fall into that trap, if you take notice when the crowd boo, POTUS says don’t boo, vote. POTUS will respect all people, unlike Romney. The situation were the peanuts were thrown at the black camera woman who was at the GOPiss convention is disgusting. It’s racists and these people felt like they could get away with that kind of behavior because of the leaders of the Republican Party saying thing themselves or not stepping forward and speaking out against others who did say racists things. Look at Mitt’s birther talk, look at the race baiting welfare lying ad, look at the ‘we build American” crap. Racism is just fine in the Republican Party.

• 361 cluny
        August 30, 2012 at 1:29 am

Yes anniebella, I agree with you – it should be called out but not in terms of black vs white / us against them. It’s not PBO I’m worried about – it’s genuine PBO supporters who love the President and are understandably outraged by the behaviour. People have to stop and think about how they can best frame the complaint – i.e. repubs have a problem with minorities (black, gay, latino, women etc) rather than they hate PBO because they hate blacks and they are an all white party ( all true I know but very much part of a deliberate strategy on Repubs part).

August 30, 2012 at 4:31 am

You are right I agree I don’t want POTUS to get drag into any race issue. Romney has to get a certain number of white voters and playing the race issue would only help him. Our party has to continue to be a party were all are welcome and we let them know that they are welcome by the policies which would them reach the middle class life they hope to have. Which will not take their rights away.

• August 30, 2012 at 1:43 am

Rmoney should apologise to the black camera woman for the insults she received by his supporters, if it were the other way around the whole MSM would be hounding the President to apologise, because they always harrass him to apologise for what others have done.

August 30, 2012 at 12:37 am

Isn’t she lovely? Isn’t she wonderful?

• 365 daisydem
      August 30, 2012 at 12:42 am

Yes, and Bo … well, only the best for Bo .. he is used to flying on Air Force One …. that is how she sidestepped poor Seamus reference. She is so wonderful! Because she did it gently, without any sarcasm, or accusation. Classy, that is our First Lady!

August 30, 2012 at 12:42 am

So much more classy than that Queen Ann.

August 30, 2012 at 12:50 am

Yes, and FLOTUS doesn’t need a title or a crown or lies or puffery or a speech somebody else wrote, to make us appreciate her beauty, inside and out, and her pure heart – not to mention her grasp of the issues that plague our country!

160. 369 anniebella
    August 30, 2012 at 12:39 am

Dave thank the First Lady for being there, he goes on to say, we think the world of you. I knew he was a fan of our POTUS and FLOTUS.

August 30, 2012 at 12:40 am
  162. 373 dotster3
    August 30, 2012 at 12:41 am

Loved Michelle’s appearance on Dave. Charming and likable and real and down to earth. Fun PBO spliced tape congratulating Dave on 19 yrs. Dave really likes our Michelle (and her hubby).

163. 374 dotster3
    August 30, 2012 at 12:51 am
    August 30, 2012 at 1:01 am

Reading all your rage from the GOP LieFest…..found this that I thought was appropriate….He knew, even then, that it would come to this.

165. 377 Ladyhawke
    August 30, 2012 at 1:02 am

THE PANTS ON FIRE CAMPAIGN OF MITT ROMNEY AND PAUL RYAN aka “LIARS ARE US”

——-THIS IS A PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE BEFORE MITT ROMNEY’S SPEECH TOMORROW.

————EVERY JOURNALIST AND NEWS ORGANIZATION NEEDS TO SEE THIS

———————–THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA HAS AN OBLIGATION TO EXPOSE THE LIES.

Mitt Romney: 10 Pounds of Lies in a 5 Pound Bag!

166. August 30, 2012 at 1:25 am

“Women, It’s YOU”

August 30, 2012 at 2:10 am

Very important stats and facts on the RNC LieFest tonight….

168. 385 Bill R.
    August 30, 2012 at 2:53 am

i know, I know, I can’t believe it either. Fox News calls out Paul Ryan for lies:

• 386 Cha
      August 30, 2012 at 2:58 am

That’s totally Incredible but ever so NICE!! Unbelieveable!

• 387 amk for obama
      August 30, 2012 at 3:33 am

wow. even when pox news calls you liars, you must kill yourselves out of shame. Thanks Bill R for your various media links below. I am glad that the tide is slowly turning

On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold.

• 388 susanne
      August 30, 2012 at 6:28 am

‘ The good news is that the Romney-Ryan campaign has likely created dozens of new jobs among the legions of additional fact checkers that media outlets are rushing to hire to sift through the mountain of cow dung that flowed from Ryan’s mouth. ‘

it’s so shocking that this appears on the pox site, but perhaps it’s some statistical balancing trick they’re doing? in any case, it’s terrific fun.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/paul-ryans-speech-in-three-words/#ixzz251XxqoVs

169. 389 Bill R.
    August 30, 2012 at 2:58 am

From Examiner.com “Ryan lies in front of his own mother about Medicare” http://www.examiner.com/article/ryan-lies-about-medicare-florida-front-of-his-own-mother

170. 390 Bill R.
    August 30, 2012 at 3:04 am

US News & World Report: (1+ / 0-)
    Paul Ryan Repeats Auto Bailout, Medicare Lies

“TAMPA—In his acceptance speech Wednesday night, as he denounced the usual politics of divisiveness, GOP vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan repeated a hoary and deceiving tale about a shuttered factory in his home town of Janesville, Wisconsin. He also repeated now standard GOP Medicare half truths.”

August 30, 2012 at 3:37 am
  172. 393 anniebella
    August 30, 2012 at 4:18 am

Does this Republican ticket have any morals, any values? I don’ know why I even ask that, because it’s clear that they don’t. Just wait till tonight when the greatest liar gets on stage. Mitt Romney.

• August 30, 2012 at 5:54 am

Another question could be does the news media in U.S. have any values? They will help, instead of point out the lies, push them by telling us what a pit bull Ryan is. This is the shame.

173. August 30, 2012 at 4:22 am
    • 396 cluny
      August 30, 2012 at 4:35 am

hi Berny, i called cnn from sydney to complain about blitzer and erin burnett not making ryan’s lies clear to their viewers. threatened to cancel my cable and called the network disgusting for allowing it. i told them that if they are not prepared to do their jobs they shouldn’t pretend to be journalists and call themselves what they are – shills. here is a list of media contact details – please let’s cal them out and try to make it go global.

174. 398 Mae who love our CIC
    August 30, 2012 at 4:34 am

Just when does lying equates to being tough. It is a lying thread running through the repub party. Any one with a sliver of honesty cannot know the truth and accept these lies.

Just how in the world Condoleeza Rice grew up in AL during segregation and embrace the repub party who hates anyone other than white. Then allow this sane party to use her as a tool, as with Colin Powell and Michael Steele in past key positions.

If this spectacle does not encourage us to encourage others to vote, I really don’t know what else to say. I never want to see what this country will become if our President is not allowed to complete his work.

• August 30, 2012 at 5:05 am

(Just how in the world) Money, Read your bible it tells about this happening, It always happen remember the house negro and the field negro in slavery time, and in the 50 and 60s blacks against MLK . This is nothing new and this is not a black and white thing, It happen in all race, people will sell their soul to the devil for gains. I heard a joke once, in a move, a black person said, I will be anti black if it will make me some money, Rice, steele, and more, think this way.

August 30, 2012 at 4:52 am
  176. 402 Dawna
    August 30, 2012 at 6:11 am

Excuse me for interfering but even the tv stations in Canada are carrying the liefest in Tampa so as I’m watching a mute tv and I’m looking at a rabid dog that looks like eddie munster it occured to me that maybe Mitt Romney has deep seeded father issuses. If you think about it, his father was a CEO so he became a CEO, his father was a governor so he became a governor, his father ran for president so he tried many times to run for president and failed so maybe this is his last shot to be better than his father, in which case he will do and say anything to win. This has nothing to do with America or its people. He just wants to be elected President for a day so he can say he is better than his dad and then go home and the repug congress under norquist would love that cause then they could do whatever they wanted. Any physcoanaylists out there agree with me? You know it is really hard to be a nonamerican living in another country who view the Obamas as a gift to the world as they take all this crap with the utmost class. What a role model they are for all people, even repuglicans (not misspelled,that is what we call them)

Don’t know if many of you are aware but economists and business leaders outside America agree that if the Obama jobs act had gone through congress, your unemployment would be under 6% and GDP growth would be happening faster but because of the Europe situation, it undercut the growth in all capitalist countries like Australia and Canada and the US whose governments injected alot of stimulus money into their countries economies and corporations even in China are not investing as they should because Europe scares them. They are all holding on to their money. No president of any party in any country anywhere can change what is happening financially in your country right now. It is all about Europe, the US, Canada and Australia have the best economies right now believe it or not and alot of people in the world have experiencing what you have and you are not alone. Thank God you passed Health Care or you would have been doomed. It is the basic of a strong, longterm economy and even China is looking at a form of Universal Healthcare to stabilize their economy. Hows that!!

Sorry this is long but it was either this or the repugs. I chose you guys.

With best wishes to you all from people around the world who are praying that the Democrats win back the House, full control of the Senate with 60 REAL Democrats not bluedogs and Pres. Obama is a given. There are alot of Republicans when outside the USA who tell us they say they hate him when they are at home but they sure tell us foreigners they love him and his policies and the repugs scare the crap right out of them.

• 403 cluny
      August 30, 2012 at 6:44 am

Thanks – interesting post – I’m australian and have been made welcome here to express my views as a fan of the Pres – but I don’t want to act like a butinsky when it’s someone else’s President and country. It’s heatbreaking isn’t it to come from places with humane, sensible health care systems and watch how any such efforts are derailed by the Republicans in the US purely for political gain. It’s one of the main reasons I have been following the US elections so closely and desperate to do anything I can to help – I don’t want healthcare gone and pray that PBO will be re elected. THe lying has me worried since so many in the media allow RR to get away with it. David Gergen on CNN last night was an absolute disgrace – ditto Blitzer and Burnett.

177. 404 susanne
    August 30, 2012 at 6:51 am

wapo editorial calls ryan speech ‘misleading’ and ‘insulting’.

‘ Mr. Romney and Mr. Obama have starkly different visions about the role of government, but to caricature the president’s vision as “a government-planned life, where everything is free but us” insults voters who surely know better. ‘

178. 405 susanne
    August 30, 2012 at 6:59 am

another wapo piece blasts ryan’s ‘staggering, staggering’ lies :

‘ It was, by any reasonable standards, a staggering, staggering lie. Here’s Paul Ryan about Barack Obama:

He created a bipartisan debt commission. They came back with an urgent report. He thanked them, sent them on their way, and then did exactly nothing.

“They.” “Them.” “Them.” Those words are lies. Because Paul Ryan was on that commission. “Came back with an urgent report.” That is a lie. The commission never made any recommendations for Barack Obama to support or oppose. Why not? Because the commission voted down its own recommendations. Why? Because Paul Ryan, a member of the commission, voted it down and successfully convinced the other House Republicans on the commission to vote it down. ‘

179. August 30, 2012 at 7:13 am

(CNN) – When President Barack Obama decided to take questions directly over social media he didn’t turn to his 28 million Facebook fans, or his 19 million Twitter followers. Instead, he turned to a website called Reddit where popularity is measured, fittingly, in votes.

“Hi I’m Barack Obama, President of the United States,” Obama posted on the site by way of introduction. User Druken_Economist posted “moderators and admins have confirmed this thread; this is actually President Obama.” Several other verification items also confirmed it, including a tweet from the official Barack Obama Twitter account and a photo on Reddit of the president seated at a plain wooden desk, staring into an Apple laptop in front of a single lamp.

In roughly 30 minutes, Obama waded through hundreds of questions, answering only 10 on a wide range of topics including balancing life and family, and protecting Internet freedom. His unexpected online appearance caused a traffic surge that temporarily locked users out of the Reddit site, said general manager Erik Martin in a G-chat interview with The Verge. At one point, more than 30,000 users were on the page with more than 200,000 concurrent visitors, Reddit posted on Twitter. Martin said it was its highest traffic day ever.

180. August 30, 2012 at 7:38 am

So, CNN did a focus group on Ryan Speech.
    They admit, however, it was supposedly undecided voters, but heavily leaning Republican. Which is BS.
    They were, Mostly White, Methodist and leaned to the Right. Gee, if these are the undecided Voters who are left, we are screwed. Me thinks, it’s not, it’s CNN who is screwed!
    Needless to say, most loved Ryan speech.
    Of course, look at the demographic, I could have told you that.