Sep

Willie Mae

“Willie Mae is 94-years old and volunteering for @BarackObama today in Tampa”

@OFA_FL

Become a volunteer

TOD fundraisers:

a4alice * Alycee * BWD * CollegeKay * Cookemom * DonnaDem4Obama

Hgerhard * HZ * Judith Fardig * Mae Who Love Our CIC

Marlz * Meta * Pamela *prettyfoot58 * proudmemberofglobalzero * Rita * Theo67 * The Obama Diary

Cagle

Best. Toon. Ever.

President Obama tours the Bridgewood neighborhood in LaPlace, La. as he surveys the ongoing response and recovery efforts to Hurricane Isaac

Retweet!

September 4:

….. TBA – Former president Jimmy Carter will address, via video, delegates

TBA – San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro delivers the keynote address

10:35 PM ET – First lady Michelle Obama speaks to delegates

September 6:

….. Musical lineup for convention closing: Mary J. Blige; Earth, Wind and Fire; Foo Fighters

9:25 PM ET – Dr. Jill Biden addresses delegates

9:35 PM ET – Vice President Joe Biden addresses supporters

TBA- President Obama and Vice President Biden deliver their nomination acceptance speeches

See the full schedule at ProPresObama.org

A woman proudly wears a tee shirt promoting President Barack Obama while viewing a 2012 Democratic Party election decorated race car during the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina on September 3

Charlotte, September 3

If you check the sidebar on the right you’ll see some links to coverage of the convention – clickety click.

220 Responses to “Willie Mae”

1. 1 Proud Former White House Intern
    September 3, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Wow

• 2 Proud Former White House Intern
      September 3, 2012 at 9:31 pm

I just realized that the VMA are on the same night as President Obama’s speech. Not good!

September 3, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Virgin Music Awards? Well, there is DVR, Internet livestream, etc. and people will find a way if they want to see both :)

• 8 lamh35
        September 3, 2012 at 10:09 pm

MTV is not what it used to be. Most people watch are teenagers and MTV is mostly just reality tv now anyway. Hopefruit’s right the demo for the MTV Awards now-a-days is for teenagers.

I’m not worried about the VMA anyway. Obama is reaching those voters another way. Besides kids today are multi-taskers anyway. They may watch the MTV on tv, but the will also be on the internet and social networks and guess what the convention will be streamed right>

• September 3, 2012 at 10:50 pm

So is opening night of the NFL season, with two big early games….

• 10 Roberta in MN
      September 3, 2012 at 9:32 pm

congrats on 1st Proud Former White House Intern

2. September 3, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Chips you are on fire

3. 14 purpleshoesla
    September 3, 2012 at 9:30 pm

What Ho TOD Peeps! Happy Labor Day!! Hellooooo Miz Chips!! Ecstatic to see you back and at full throttle

Did anyone else see Stephanie Cutter on the Today Show beautifully push back on the “are we better off” stupidity? I couldn’t find the clip on NBC’s website but the dreaded dailykos had a post about it along with the clip of Stephanie’s interview with the woman that replaced Ann Curry. Watch below. Hits it out of the park (as usual) lays it at the GOP’s feet. I’m trying to figure out how to just tweet the clip…

4. 16 Dudette
    September 3, 2012 at 9:31 pm

These are GREAT!! Thank you Chips!!

5. 17 taiping1
    September 3, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Chips: you are on a roll. Excitement and commitment builds for a landslide. We can take House and Senate too. Change will continue to reshape an America for everyone (even the haters)

6. September 3, 2012 at 9:31 pm

hopefruit gave us a heads-up in the previous thread about PPPP on Michigan … well, the news is not good for #BainMitt … and it’ll be worse after Thursday …

Hey Proud, way to go …

7. 20 lovingandlaughing
    September 3, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Awwww, I love Willie Mae just by seeing that pic! Beautiful woman! Thank you Willie Mae for volunteering for PBO!

8. September 3, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Chips, Yardarm – just love that President Eisenhower quote!!!!

I’m sure these guys will appreciate it (the cc’s that is :) ) ….

And, Chips, it is so GREAT that you are going full blast; Labor Day would not have been the same without your energy and empathy!!!! Thank you!!!

• September 3, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Bob, never more fired up, never more ready to go, and it’s people just like you who inspire me and the rest of us. You’re amazing, love ya sincerely.

• 30 yardarm756
      September 3, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Aye, aye Lootenant. Just passing on what was sent to me.

• September 3, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Really pleased you did. It is such an important, timely message – though I’m sure the General would be very, very sad if he saw how few heeded his warning.

• 32 yardarm756
          September 3, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Interstate highways, Normandy, anybody could have done that crap. That old coot was off his rocker. NOT!

• 33 nathkatun7
            September 4, 2012 at 12:40 am

I am so grateful for all of you, Chipsticks, Yardarm756, and Bobfr for exposing the lies of the GOP. I think Gen. Eisenhower, if he were around today, would be amazed at how deranged his Republican party has become. I still don’t get it why people in my age group (65 years and above) are supporting Mitt Romney. How can people who benefited from the GI Bill, FHA, Public Schools, Social Security, the interstate highways, and Medicare, be supportive of the Romney/Ryan selfish agenda that tries to do away with programs and policies than benefit all Americans, and not just the selective few of very rich people?

• 34 yardarm756
              September 4, 2012 at 12:51 am

It’s called selective amnesia and no critical thinking skills. Besides I could mean one of ‘them’ could move in next door.

9. September 3, 2012 at 9:36 pm

On the last thread, somebody said Rachel went off on Democrats for choosing Charlotte as a right to work State. In essence, She is saying screwing Labor.
    This has to be orders from above, attack the President from the Left. Check!
    This is why I hate the Liberal media, when you need them the mist, they run to their ideologically unsound parameters.
    Time and time again, the PL does this…

• 36 sabreen60
      September 3, 2012 at 9:39 pm

People are tearing her a new one on Twitter. Rachel has never said she is a supporter of President Obama to my knowledge. It never occurred to her that NC is a swing state and that the President would love to win NC again. Sure he could have gone to a blue state or a union state, but that wouldn’t move the needle.

Rachel is also bringing up that President Obama has deported more Latinos, blah, blah, blah. I usually don’t turn her own and I will go back to that decision.

• 38 COS
      September 3, 2012 at 9:40 pm

While I understand and agree with Rachel about the “right to work” issue, she sure picked a bad time to discuss this and stir up bad feelings when we are trying to get PBO re-elected.

• 39 sabreen60
        September 3, 2012 at 9:54 pm

This is not the first time she has done this. The PL did the exact same thing, Rachael included, before 2010 election. People need to wake up about these folks who WORK for corporations on TV.

• September 3, 2012 at 10:09 pm

She’s not a Democrat, she’s a shit disturber. That’s what she does. So if she’s personally offended by something, she’s going to talk about it on her own clock. I wish people would stop holding her up as some sort of liberal icon. She’s not. She’s got a living to make and she loves folks like Ron Paul. WHATEVER.

[This is not directed at you sabreen.]

• 41 utaustinliberal
            September 3, 2012 at 10:45 pm

“Shit Disturber” For the freaking win!

• 42 nospin
            September 3, 2012 at 11:22 pm

that is also my perspective.

• 43 nathkatun7
            September 4, 2012 at 12:54 am

You are spot-on meta about Rachel Maddfow. All of the so called liberal MSNBC hosts, other than Rev. Al, and to a certain extent Martin Bashir, can never be depended on to fully support President Obama. Now and then I see clips that show RM. LO, CM, MHP, critical of Republicans. But they also never seem to be fully supportive of the President. This is what creates confusion, about supporting Pres. Obama, among grass roots people who follow and emulate these media personalities.

• 44 utaustinliberal
        September 3, 2012 at 10:08 pm

I was on twitter and people are pissed at her.

• September 3, 2012 at 9:56 pm

I’m sorry, but this is nonsense IMO. “Orders from above”? Since when we’re so paranoids? She’s killing Romney and Ryan more than anyone in the media, she’s more or less the only real journalist out there. She doesn’t have to agree with everything Democrats do. I happend to agree that they should not have gone to a right for work state. Do I get orders from above too?

• 46 Anya
        September 3, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Thank you, BWD! We have to remember that POTUS does not require blind allegiance. Instead, he welcomes people sticking to their principles. Rachel is a supporter, and wasting energy on attacking our allies is counter productive.

• September 3, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Ok, I’m delurking.

I’m gonna say this once and I may piss some people off, but here it is. The shit above is why Democrats have lost in the last forty four goddamn years. Count em, Republicans have won SEVEN TIMES!!! Democrats have won FOUR!!!! This liberal shortsightedness that annoys me on end. Its September 3, 2012 now. The Republicans have nominated two dumbass bullshitters and we are on the trajectory of winning this race, and these lily white, never spoke to anyone outside of their comfort zone is worried about unions being pissed over the GODDAMN CONVENTION SITE!!!!. FUCK THE UNIONS!!!! Yeah, I said it. FUCK EM!!!! WE SAW THE POWER THEY HAD WITH WISCONSIN!!!!!! WE SAW THEIR POWER IN ARKANSAS!!!WHO THE FUCK DO THEY THINK THEY ARE TO LORD OVER DEMOCRATS!!!!!! NO!

The Unions need to listen up. Barack Obama is your last chance. Either do everything you can to vote him in, or see your asses decimated even further. I’m sorry folks. I have not the time NOR THE PATIENCE ANYMORE!!!!!! Either your with us or you’re not. If it sounds George Bushian, I don’t give a flip fuck of a shit right now. I’ve got a President to elect, because the alternative scares the hell out of me. I’m sorry, but thats how I FEEL!!!! And for God sake, don’t pull that stupid “I’m leaving” crap again. It shows how weak you really are when you do that. If you can dish out the criticism, you can TAKE the criticism. Whenever you do the, “I’m leaving” shit, it makes me wonder how strong you really are. We have the brains, but if we don’t have the fight, they will whup us again. I’m not allowing that to happen now. And if you start that bullshit again, YOU WILL BE CALLED OUT, which means either defend your position with clarity, or just shove it.

I’m done.

• September 3, 2012 at 10:58 pm

What the hell are you talking about?

• September 3, 2012 at 11:05 pm

I’m talking about every five minutes where we always have to cite differences of opinion to shut conversation down here. I like Rachel Maddow, I do. But I understand that Rachel Maddow gets her paychecks at the same place that Chris Matthews, Chris Jansing, and Andrea Mitchell gets hers. I hate this groupthink that we cannot say exactly what is true about her, that she is ruled by those above her who want to tamp down anything positive for the President. And that everytime someone criticizes you, you RUN AWAY or at least threaten to. We’ve seen it here over and over again. MY GOD!!!! Look, Rachel and the Unions are wrong about this. And the Unions cannot afford Romney as President, so all this bitchfit over the damn convention venue is nothing but the same old liberal shortsightedness that resulted in Nixon, Reagan, and two Bushes getting elected and I’m not willing to ad Romney to the damn roster.

• September 3, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Seriously? You’re going to make this about me? When did I “shut conversation” here? I expresses my opinion about this specific issue and I didn’t say anything about myself. I have no idea why are you blowing up like that on me, i don’t think we ever exchanged a word. The only time I said I was leaving was when I expressed my opinion about gay marriage and somehow became the enemy of this blog, only to see PBO doing exactly what I thought he’ll do. So honestly, I don’t really care and if taking your frustration at me without any juarification or provocation from me makes you feel better – good for you.

• September 3, 2012 at 11:35 pm

THAT was when it actually happened. That was when it happened. When everyone on the planet wanted to force the President to do that instead of letting him do that on his own. You also seemed to imply that African Americans weren’t being open enough to the idea, which really caused the backbiting here. was angered at that because no one seemed to actually discuss the ramifications of that on the electorate or what that declaration would really mean. Nor, did we actually touch on the FULL TRUTH of the AA pop on GLBT issues.

Instead of understanding others, I felt, me, personally that you shut the debate down by trying saying you were going to stop posting here forever, which led many to try and keep you here, thus shutting down the debate and having others leave here. Thats my opinion here and some others had agreed with that and a lot of good people left this blog because of it. Even for a time, I stopped posting.

Look, its not that I’m blaming you for it happening. Its just that I and many others expected better from you on this. You were the beacon of light when Kos was going apeshit. Now, I know we are all human and we fall, but when this happened, it hurt many people.

Look, our common goal here is getting Barack Obama elected, and I just don’t want to hear anymore about anyone from the Professional Left should be listened to for their opinion. Sometimes, their opinion is grade A bullshit and shortsighted. I feel people should not be scared of pointing it out here anymore.

• September 3, 2012 at 11:51 pm

Not going there again. I apologized million times for what was just bad phrasing, and BTW no one asked me to stay back then. Most people were quite happy to see me go. I rarely post since then and when I do say something that is nothing more than an opinion on something Rachel Maddow said, you blow up at me because of some grudge you hold against me for months now. And then you blame me for shutting discussion, this is all very rich, but If it made you feel better, I’m glad.

• September 3, 2012 at 11:59 pm

ARE YOU SERIOUS!? Folks here adore you. You helped a lot of people keep the faith, especially after the DailyKos blow up and people have never wavered in support of you. Which is why it was so disappointing you went down that road. It hurt people. It really hurt.

It still hurts now and now we see you before now proselytizing polls that do not matter one wit now, standing up for a dumb point the professional left makes to demoralize people, and just being chicken little over some stuff. When we see you do that, it knocks people off balance because back in the day, you were the one encouraging US. And we would look to your blog for solace from the beltway chatter, congressional backslapping, and right wing rage.

Its not so much as a grudge as much as a release of pent up frustration I let fester in my mind too long.

• 59 EDP4BHO
                  September 3, 2012 at 11:58 pm

You spoke for me, very clearly. I agree. Now, let’s also note that Steve Kornacki (sp) also noted that he has not noticed any unions bailing on PBO because of the choice of venue. One can be disappointed, or taken aback by a decision, but if one is adult, will go with those who have their back. It’s too late in the game to turn tail now.

• September 4, 2012 at 12:06 am

EXACTLY!! On the Unions being upset about the venue, no one outside of them cares about it. I’d be surprised if most of the Union members cared about it. Its about getting Barack Obama and Joe Biden reelected and keeping the Romney/Ryan poison out of the White House.

• 61 Rita
            September 4, 2012 at 1:36 am

BD, I know you are a committed supporter, as are we all who come and comment on this site. The strength of the Democrats is that they allow dissenting opinions, which is why the Democratic party is often a unruly bunch of people with differing opinions, who have come together because they don’t have a third (or fourth) party with any winning chance. Having said that, I have been awed by the way the Republicans have come together to unify to do something. Even derailing President Obama’s first term was an unified approach by the GOP. Imagine if we Democrats could do that a just a few times, maybe even once, to re-elect President Obama and put more Democrats in Congress. And that is exactly the reason why we feel that now is not the time to be bashing the President for issues that can be dealt with after the elections. And yes, I count myself among those supporters who do not want to debate agenda now. We must project an unified front, It’s imperative. Turnout is key to winning this election and we want to highlight the positive, the achievements and the call out the lies on the other side. Debates are healthy and needed to get things done, but now is not the time.

• 62 EricFive
              September 4, 2012 at 5:27 am

Excellent comment Rita. In politics, as in life in general, timing is everything. The stakes are too high. I don’t trust any of the media personalities, 2010 showed me the light (fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me). It makes sense for supporters of PBO to wonder why Maddow would choose this moment to “stir up some shit” among Democrats? The Monday before the start of the Democratic convention (and immediately before Chris Matthews’ PBO Special). The MSM bent over backwards to “give the floor” to the GOP last week. Why shouldn’t we demand the same courtesy? Where is her gratitude for the political risk PBO took on behalf of gay rights? Even when the PL gets their unicorn, they are never satisfied. We are dealing with a MSM that is little more than the communication arm of the GOP. So when one of our supposed “allies” does some purposefully damaging shit, it pisses people off. It makes people question her motives.

• 63 CaliCat
          September 3, 2012 at 11:00 pm

What really makes me mad is people like Rachel Maddow will not suffer one bit if Robme is elected. She has nothing to lose by attempting to depress liberal turn out for the president. Rachel wants to play the both sides do it game so she can claim some sort of journalistic cred. She’s being very selfish, imo. Personally, I don’t have a whole lot of respect for Rachel. I’ve seen her distort the truth many times on her show in order to put forth a preconceived narrative. I also can’t stand her condescending tone.

• 65 sabreen60
        September 3, 2012 at 11:21 pm

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have watched Rachael over the years and I do not expect her to agree with Democrats 100% of the time. However, she beat President Obama over the head because he didn’t sign an EO for DADT. She has often presented herself as knowing more than anyone else, including the President. Do we really think that the President and ALL the people around him did not make the political calculations about where to have the DNC? Really? Maybe they concluded that NC is important to the President’s win. She didn’t even present this as a possibility.

I remember when she and the other so-called liberals (or are they libertarians) were called to the WH before the 2010 elections, because they were bashing President Obama almost non-stop. Yes, she holds Romney’s feet to the fire. She also mentioned that his campaign manager is her friend. All I’m saying is we don’t know these people. They are paid pundits. Rachael has expressed her disappointment with President Obama when she didn’t get what she wanted when she wanted it. I think it wise to take these people with a grain of salt.

• September 3, 2012 at 11:23 pm

I could give a fuck if she kills RMoney if she turns right around and kneecaps President Obama. Particularly this week of all weeks.

• September 3, 2012 at 11:32 pm

So you basically wants her to be Fox News?

• September 3, 2012 at 11:51 pm

I don’t want her to be that goddamn shortsighted liberal who kneecaps us over bullshit only liberals care about nearly 23 hours before the start of the Convention.

• September 3, 2012 at 11:54 pm

No, I just don’t want her to kneecap the President. For as smart as people like to make Rachel out to be, she can be real dumb sometimes.

And yes, she can lie or exaggerate to generate views. I remember when NY pass the law in favor of same sex marriage. Instead of celebrating the moment, she lied and took a cheap shot at PBO, saying he was against that.

• September 4, 2012 at 12:49 am

going to a right for work state, It was the right thing to do, to try and keep that state

• September 3, 2012 at 11:21 pm

I saw her going off on that and I turned the channel. Fuck her.

• 72 57andFemale
      September 4, 2012 at 12:08 am

This has been an issue since Charlotte was chosen. Labor wasn’t happy but I believe the DNC made some significant moves to make sure the venue was as fair as possible.

However, the alleged lefty pundits should pull the hell together this week. We have every right to be outraged at Rachel over this.

10. 73 Smoothscotch
    September 3, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Good for her.

11. 74 Andy46
    September 3, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Thanks Chips

12. September 3, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Democrats are so much fun.

13. 77 Pamela
    September 3, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Love these photos! Love this blog! Love our Chipsticks! Love all o’ y’all! Guess I’m home after a tough day, have had some supper and now feet up, feeling the Love! :lol:

14. September 3, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Btw, I got wi-fi connection here, so I am now watching Rachel. Sadly, this segment ducks.

15. 81 vitaminlover
    September 3, 2012 at 9:39 pm

What a cutie Willie Mae is.

16. September 3, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Is that Diaper Man standing behind POTUS? Ooooof.

17. 85 Smoothscotch
    September 3, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Standing with you all in spirit.
    Chipsticks, congratulations on the acknowledgement of your excellent positive site. It is great not to have to read those trolls posts. I think you may get other visitors so you might have to put up your rules again shortly.We don’t need fabrications here. I must say I am pleasantly surprised that there are a few conservative leaning people are calling out the bullshit, even if it took them 2 and 1/2 yrs to do it. Those people will destroy your country if given a chance.( Mind you right now that Rachel gets on my last nerve lots of times I barely watch her, on right now as I wait for Tweetys’ PBO doc.

Standing with you all in spirit.

Thanks.

I brought this over from the last post.

18. 86 Proud Former White House Intern
    September 3, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Chips you are awesome!

19. September 3, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Chris Van Hollen, ranking member on House Budget, will speak in primetime.

Oh, the web they weave!!

20. 96 prettyfoot58
    September 3, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Wooooooooooooooot…..Thank you…..Thank youuuuuu….so very much to all the TOD folks who contributed to my fundraising page….i am soooooooooooooooo excited….you helped me to meet my intial goal….but i am not stopping…HA!….

giving myself another challenge….

Because as the President would say….

WE HAVE SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!

• September 3, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Treble wooooooooooooooooooooooooooot Prettyfoot58! A gazillion congratulations – and thank you for reminding me to include those links in the post!

• September 3, 2012 at 9:54 pm

YAYAYAYAY YIPPEEYIYAYYYY for prettyfoot58!! Congrats on achieving your goal. How good does that feel? And how good does it feel to know you want to keep going? Easy as PIE.

• September 3, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Congratulations and thank you!!!

#PRESSON

• 103 HZ
        September 4, 2012 at 12:52 am

Congratulations to you prettyfoot58. I want to also thank our beautiful Chips for posting the FR pages. It is so encouraging to see them. I was just sharing with my brother when he called to check on me today that we have such a great group and that I had a FR page. He thought that what we are doing here as a family is just wonderful.

I also want to thank cookemom, meta, and amk for encouraging me to keep moving up my goal because of the wonderful and very generous family here who give from their hearts. We always have to be reminded to be respectful of our space here, first of all because we never know who is watching and looking at our lead.

I do not like to fail, so I get a little nervous when I think that my goal will not be met in time. But I am so grateful to all who daily encourage me and then many of you go to my page and donate. This was one of my dreams to fulfill before Election Day. Have a FR page(never had one) be first on the thread just once before the Election, and get POB re-elected. I have accomplished one of the three, and I will accomplish the remaining two.

Amk, cookemom, meta, showed me how to get my page started. (((((((( Thanks to all of you)))))))) Then our beautiful gem, Chips permits us to do our FR pages here, which is so beautiful and generous of her.

Now, I will not say anything on Rachel because the energy we really need now, my space will not allow that to be a part of my space at this time. I simply turned R off when I saw where she was going. My space includes my music, my candles, my wine, and my reading the comments for tonight. I have decided, if the chatters do not enhance my energy so that I can help POB and VP Biden move in a good space, I do not open my doors for the people to enter my space. It is too difficult for my ‘energy space’, so thanks to all of my TOD family here for your efforts to be shared, but let us always remember to be mindful of the facts that we do not have many people out there who want to see POB succeed, and we must remember to talk most of the crap that is being pushed off as “these Dems just do not get it” just what it is crap. We get it, and when we do get it, millions of people are better off. Always remember that.

POB is not the “oh, you scare me, I better get my shit together,.” He listens and he make decisions in ways that some of us do not understand at the time, but believe me, he is not perfect, but he is pretty damn right more than he is wrong. I am going with his percentage of the right side of history.

I am too old to be mad at anyone, but I sure am old enough to know that we also need to think of Chips and how she is feeling. Maybe we all are mindful of each other so much because we care about how each family member is doing that our nerves are a little raw right. But I do believe that we know how to keep our level of exchanges with respect and love as we listen to each other.

Disturbing each others space is not the best for any of us. We are too good for that. I love you all, and I will respect Chips request, if she ask me to leave. She is too beautiful in her space here, and I would not ever do anything to bring down this beautiful and wonderful space. This is such a beautiful space for so many who do not even comment.

I hope that my words will not offend anyone. I just know that we are smarter than what the enemy thinks
        of us. Now, I’m done talking now; but I am not done enjoying my candles and my “Kind of Blue” Miles Davis while thinking good thoughts of my entire TOD family. You all give me so much joy and hope on this site.

I am looking forward to hearing and watching the DNC Convention tomorrow. I am making national calls tomorrow in the early part of the morning, so the afternoon will be a lovely evening for all of us, I hope. I wish that we all could get in someone’s huge and lovely kitchen and prepare a beautiful dinner in honor of our Chips and just have a great time eating delicious food, and laughing with each other as we watch the convention. I dream big, just like our POTUS tells us to do. “Dream Big Dreams.” President Barack Obama.

I hope you all still love me becaause I first love myself, and that helps me to be careful not to offend anyone else because then the wounds come into my heart and space. Come on now, we have a great president and vice-president to get re-elected. So many beautiful little children, single parents, military men and women and their families, seniors, college students, and people all over the world are counting on us.
        ((((((((( I love you all so much))))))))))HZ

Shout out to Fred and Mom. And a Big Hug to my Chips (((((((((((((((((( I love you)))))))))))))))))))))))HZ

September 3, 2012 at 9:49 pm

22. 105 squarepeg
    September 3, 2012 at 9:52 pm

I think Tweety’s Obama doc will be way better than CNN’s.

23. September 3, 2012 at 9:53 pm

I heard Jodi Sloth Kantor did another hit piece on PBO for the NYT. Won’t go searching for it but just making a mental note. You know the kind.

24. 107 Dudette
    September 3, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Off-Topics: 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Michael Clarke Duncan

25. 108 Don
    September 3, 2012 at 10:04 pm

The media and the Republican Party are very antsy, I wonder why?

26. September 3, 2012 at 10:05 pm

what Mae has seen in her lifetime…wow

27. September 3, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Chris Mathews’ Special on the President is on.

28. 118 nospin
    September 3, 2012 at 10:09 pm

29. September 3, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Tweety special is very good, I just sent him and MSNBC my gratitude, via Email.

30. September 3, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Having goosebumps watching: Barack Obama…Making History on MSNBC.
    So far, so Awesome!

31. 128 Dudette
    September 3, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Off-topic, but could have political implications down the road: Ruling Clears the Way for First La. African-American Chief Justice

Late on Friday, Justice Bernette Johnson received legal clearance to become the next Chief Justice of the Louisiana Supreme Court. The New Orleans-based judge would also become the first African-American chief justice in Louisiana. Johnson was locked in a dispute over seniority with retiring chief justice Kitty Kimball and North Louisiana justice Jeffrey Victory that appeared to take on racial implications as it harkened back to a key Voting Rights Act ruling. On Friday, federal judge Susie Morgan issued a 50-page ruling in the case that found Johnson was the more senior justice.

The dispute lie in a time following 1994′s Chisom v. Romer decision, which created a seat on the Supreme Court from New Orleans so African American citizens could have their voice heard under the Voting Rights Act. Johnson, who was serving on an appeals court, moved into the Supreme Court seat after that ruling. But Victory, who was first elected to the Court in 1995, claimed the clock did not start ticking on her seniority until she was reelected to the Supreme Court in 2000.

Morgan ruled that the state Constitution provided for the “longest serving” justice to become the Chief. As long as Johnson was sitting on the bench, she was acquiring seniority, the ruling stated.

Local pols like Mayor Mitch Landrieu and Rep. Cedric Richmond weighed in on the case, saying Johnson clearly had seniority. Gov. Bobby Jindal and others, meanwhile, said the decision should be left up to the state rather than go before a federal judge.

If there are no further appeals or challenges, Johnson would assume the seat in Februrary, 2013, when Kimball officially steps down.

• 129 99ts
      September 3, 2012 at 11:13 pm

They just never stop – and no doubt will appeal – it is interesting to read another way “those people” find to twist the law. Justice Victory wanted to reopen the case that originally appointed Justice Johnson (1994) – retrospectively changing the law to make her ineligible – how hateful they are.

32. 130 vitaminlover
    September 3, 2012 at 10:12 pm

So far so cautious on this program about our Beloved President on msnbc with tweety.

33. September 3, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Watching a special on Barack Obama Making History on MSNBC.

34. 136 vitaminlover
    September 3, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Matthews just better keep coming correct.

35. 138 Anya
    September 3, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Chris Matthews special is good so far. It’s remindes me of the 08 energy.

• 139 57andFemale
      September 4, 2012 at 12:14 am

I’m sure this got covered but I’ll post it anyway. Tweety earlier today:

“To leave this country in hell and now claim it isn’t heaven.”

36. 148 Anya
    September 3, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Oh, Teddy how much we miss you!

37. September 3, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Robney says he just raised another 100 million for August.
    They are trying to step all over our message, and even though the media is esuaging their every whim, this brainwashing will not work.

38. 154 ctgirl7
    September 3, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Chris is hitting it out the park!

39. 158 Claire
    September 3, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I can’t stand to even look at West.

40. September 3, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Tally ho, my peeples! Been offline most of the day — trying to get stuff done.

Am I FIRED UP? Damned straight, and READY TO GO! Who’s with me?

41. 169 carolyn
    September 3, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Reminding people of what the President faced when he came in to office. It’s truly a miracle we came through this. If not for President Obama, we would not have made it through. We would be sunk.

42. September 3, 2012 at 10:41 pm

THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER BARACK OBAMA.

43. 177 ctgirl7
    September 3, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Was that CK?

44. September 3, 2012 at 10:42 pm

OMG. They just showed collegekay on the easter sunday clip, the president shaking her hand. That’s awsome…

45. 182 prettyfoot58
    September 3, 2012 at 10:43 pm

WOW…I AM PLEASANTLY SURPRISED AT THE UPBEAT NATURE OF THIS DOCUMENTARY ON THE PRESIDENT…

46. September 3, 2012 at 10:43 pm

In case any of you missed this ….

47. 187 vitaminlover
    September 3, 2012 at 10:43 pm

OMG! I believe I saw collegekay on this special!

48. September 3, 2012 at 10:49 pm

After watching the full season of The Newsroom, I’ve begun to wonder if anyone under the age of 30 has ever seen a real newscast even once in their lives? Maybe even the age of 40.

49. September 3, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Chips, everyone, here’s the link to the Platform

Contents

Stronger in the World, Safer and More Secure At Home
    Responsibly Ending the War in Iraq
    Disrupting, Dismantling, and Defeating Al-Qaeda
    Responsibly Ending the War in Afghanistan
    Preventing the Spread and Use of Nuclear Weapons
    Countering Emerging Threats
    Strengthening Alliances, Expanding Partnerships, and Reinvigorating International Institutions
    Promoting Global Prosperity and Development
    Maintaining the Strongest Military in the World
    Advancing Universal Values

50. September 3, 2012 at 10:53 pm

51. 196 nospin
    September 3, 2012 at 10:58 pm

I have never seen a more insensitive campaign.

Disabled Democrat Slams Romney Surrogate Over “Wheel Chair Race” Crack

52. September 3, 2012 at 10:58 pm

And with this ….

I’ll move to the kitchen and begin preparing dinner …

Love all of you!!

#FORWARD …. Together! It’s the American Way

53. September 3, 2012 at 10:59 pm

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The Democratic Party released its platform on Monday night, laying out positions on issues ranging from health care to lobbying reform and ending the war in Afghanistan.

The party’s support of same-sex marriage was well-reported earlier this summer, but most of the other positions outlined in the document are aligned with longstanding Democratic views.

The platform’s preamble acknowledges the enthusiasm for President Obama’s 2008 candidacy while acknowledging that there’s still much more work to be done. “Four years ago, Democrats, independents, and many Republicans came together as Americans to move our country forward. We were in the midst of the greatest economic crisis since the Great Depression, the previous administration had put two wars on our nation’s credit card, and the American Dream had slipped out of reach for too many,” it reads.

“We must keep moving forward and doing the hard work of rebuilding a strong economy by betting on the American worker and investing in a growing middle class,” the preamble concludes, by reelecting Obama.

Read the full document here.

54. 201 vitaminlover
    September 3, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Mr Axelrod is soooo fierce about his beloved Barack.

55. 203 Claire
    September 3, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Excellent job Chris!

56. 207 carolyn
    September 3, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Such an excellent documentary on our president. I liked Chris’s last line, that this election of Barack Obama made our country “even more wondrous.” He clearly outlined the President’s domestic and international achievements. Should be required viewing for EVERYONE on the fence as to their vote.

57. September 3, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Somewhat O/T: Switched to my local news. First segment was the jobs outlook for Knoxville area. A positive report….interviewed a young couple…..dad is an electrician and feels much more optimistic. Reporter ended the report by saying the jobs outlook for our area is quite strong….thanks in large part to UT, TVA, and the Department of Energy (Oak Ridge). Now I ask you: What do all those have in common? Gee whiz. People are so stupid. This is such a ‘red’ area. I would love to see a statistic of how many jobs in this entire area are dependent on “THE GOVERNMENT.”

September 3, 2012 at 11:07 pm

I enjoyed this documentary very much! Chris Matthews did a fine job.

59. 213 nospin
    September 3, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Latino’s making History

60. 219 LDS
    September 3, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Dear Chips and TOD’ville: It has been a while since I have posted here. I had to take some time out for myself, my family, my health and overall well being. While away I have continued to donate whenever I can, fast and pray consistently, encourage and enlighten everyone to vote as if your life expends on it. I was going to bed and I just could not without leaving after seeing Mrs, Wille Mae at the top of this thread.
    She reminded me this is only one important reason why we must re-elect this man who has fought so hard for all of us regardless of what we look like, where we come from and who we love.

It angers me to know that after 94 years of living someone would try to take away your right to vote. It may not seem much to “you people” who are super rich. But to some people, that may be all they have to keep them going. It angered me even more to read that some low-life person would have the audacity to steal your joy, Ms. Chips. I am so glad that prayer works. I prayed even more for your strength when I read how overwhelming evilness and hate can distract you from what you were purposed to do.

Thank you for digging deep and shaking it off to move FORWARD. We need you here and we need each other. I am so forever grateful for this place because it helped me to search deep inside myself and allow the healing process to begin. Mrs. Wilie Mae ‘s face will encourage me throughout these days ahead to fight harder and donate more……Vote as if my life depends on it…….It does!

RSS OFA