Sep

Michelle

Fredericksburg, September 13 (Han Nguyen for Obama for America)

Thank you Rita!

311 Responses to “Michelle”

1. September 14, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Love her!

OMG, ya gotta read the linked story about the Romney’s on LIVE With. First thing is to shudder at what Romney says he wears to bed (ugh) and then laugh your azz off at the Romney’s trying to be IDK normal, or as affectionate and normal on camera as the Obamas or something.

“Romney Does Daytime TV”

“Mitt Romney and his wife, Ann, were interviewed on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael for a show airing next Tuesday, Reuters reports.

One of Romney’s revelations: “I’m kind of a Snooki fan. Look how tiny she’s gotten — her spark-plug personality.”

He was also asked what he wore to bed at night and replied, “I think the best answer is as little as possible.”

Meanwhile, Ann Romney confessed what she found while exploring the White House: “It was George Bush having a massage. He was covered up. I was so embarrassed that the next time I saw him I didn’t know what to say. He looked at me and winked and said, ‘I look pretty good, don’t I?'”

The Washington Post reports the interview “brought shudders from some Republicans, who fear the Romney campaign is running aground in its final stretch.”

• 2 Roberta in MN
      September 14, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Congrats on 1st lamh35. The makes me shiver and upchuck.)

• 3 amk for obama
      September 14, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Completely Clueless Couple.

How is that for alliteration?

• 7 lisalovesobama
      September 14, 2012 at 7:37 pm

“I’m kind of a Snooki fan. Look how tiny she’s gotten”
      ————— “look how tiny she’s gotten”??????!!!!!!!! Hey Dickbreath! she’s always been tiny! she’s 4 foot negligible. that’s how ‘tiny’ she’s always been. You still won’t win the pop culture pop-quiz, LOSER. :roll:

• September 14, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Oh. My. God. I’m going to be ill ……..

• September 14, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Gotta feel sorry for Kelly Rippa. Ewwww.

• 16 amk for obama
        September 14, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Why did she have them ? MO was much more fun in her show last month.

September 14, 2012 at 7:59 pm

It’s not a bad idea because we get to see the stark contrast between the two couples. This is a typical copy-cat move by the Romneys. They’re again trying to be FLOTUS and POTUS and failing miserably at it. The Repubs call PBO a “celebrity” but they are raving jealous of his popularity and wish profoundly that Willard and Miss Ann could be half as popular, half as cool, half as likeable, half as inspiring as their first couple counterparts.

Even John McCain and his pit bull had more “likeability” factor than Willard and Miss Ann.

• 18 amk for obama
            September 14, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Contrast. Good point.

• 19 EDP4BHO
            September 14, 2012 at 8:09 pm

You said it right, hopefruit. Not so long ago, PBO was chided for being a “sitting president” on national shows, and a “rock star” overseas. He/FLOTUS set a trend and now the mis-fits have to copy it for fear of being invisible. I still don’t see them. They mean absolutely nada to me.

• September 14, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Princess Ann really, really should keep her mouth shut – that bit about GWB, oh that’s gonna go over well …

• 21 nospin
        September 14, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I know right. . . . It is one thing to put your own business on the street (even though we all know it most likely is based on a lie) but quite another to drag another person’s private business out in the open like that.

Weird. Bush wasn’t good enough to socialize with at the RNC Convention, but it is perfectly fine to tell the world about catching him in the buff? SMDH!

• 22 Carolyn
        September 14, 2012 at 8:51 pm

For Mitt, sleeping in “as little as possible”means he has on only his magic underwear. I have worked with Mormons and become well acquainted with them. It was once AGAINST their rules to ever have their underwear totally off. They used to have to take half off to bathe, then put that half back on and bathe the other half. Most recently they’ve been allowed to take the entire contraption off for bathing. However, to sleep without them on would be to invite the devil into bed…..yes, I’m not exaggerating. The stories I’ve heard about the magic this underwear can perform are like watching a televangelist “heal” people. I know religion is off limits here, but he is again lying. If he is a “bishop” he should be keeping ALL the rules, and there are many.

September 14, 2012 at 9:57 pm

This underwear bit is something strange. Dam coo-coo.

• 24 theo67
          September 14, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Very interesting. Very strange, but interesting, as well. I wonder who came up with the whole underwear thing…?

• 25 dee
          September 14, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Okay, Carolyn, you are not correct. Been mormon since 1981, our garments (those uf us who have made covenants in the temple, not all mormons) remind of us the covenants we have made. Back in the 1880’s that part about not being with out your garments, was true. It has not been that way for a lot longer than i have been a member. It has nothing to do with inviting Satan in our bed. Any blessings we receive are not magic, but more of a protection from things in the world. The times i don’t wear them i feel naked! Don’t know anyone who has been healed because of their underwear. The rules keep us on the strait and narrow way, we don’t see them as restriction. My husband has been a bishop and the way Mitt has been running his campaign, I think he would have some ‘splaning to do, if my husband were his bishop. Last thing, bishops when released from “active duty” are only then bishops, as in a previous title or emeritus status. They have no authority to tell a member of their congregation how to do anything anymore. they take their place back in the congregation. Ergo, if Mitt were elected, the church leaders would have no expectations on influence on how he would run the country, just as any president would not be controlled by their ecumenical leaders. Just wanted to clear that up.

• 26 theo67
        September 14, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Seems like a lie. How exactly would she be wandering around the White House so freely that Secret Service would let someone just “walk in” on the President – even in the residence? That story doesn’t ring true.

• 27 idon
          September 14, 2012 at 11:08 pm

I think you have something there. It reminds of MITTNOCCHIO’S birther comment. He is also lying when he says no one has ever asked to see his birth certificate. If he has a passport, someone in the state department asked to see his birth certificate.

• 29 CEB
      September 14, 2012 at 8:49 pm

I need eye and ear bleach after this. These two are not ready for prime time, nor apparently, day time; ugh.

• 30 jackiegrumbacher
        September 14, 2012 at 9:38 pm

I agree, CEB. Any intimate discussion about Willard or George gives me the creeps. There are some places your mind just should not go with some strong anti-nausea medicine on hand.

September 14, 2012 at 9:59 pm

In fairness to the Romneys tho, that question was totally inappropriate IMO. Why did she need to go there? Will what Mitt wears/doesn’t wear to bed make him a better leader? :roll:

• 32 susanne
          September 15, 2012 at 12:50 am

i agree it was inappropriate, and that the substance of the question was not relevant to the election. i also think interviewers use surprise questions like this to shock their subjects out of pre-planned sound bite boring drek they would otherwise be spouting. it shakes the lid off the personality.

in this case, myth’s response to that question, like miss ann’s memory of shrub on the massage table, are the bits that will be remembered because they’re the most revealing about those two creepy people. and the fact that they’re two creepy people is relelvant to the election.

also, it’s hilarious and fascinating that the rethugs are still working plan ‘a’ at this late date: show america we’re human beings. will they advance to showing america he should run the country before they’re out of time? we’re not the only ones thinking no, that can’t happen no matter how much more time they have to campaign.

honestly, the only reason i don’t wish they’d just drop out and concede–which i would love beyond measure–is that they’re dragging the entire rethug ticket down with them.

September 14, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Kelly and Michael, I don’t watch the show. And having Ann and Mitt up there sure won’t get me to watch their show. What a waste. Mitt is lying about Snooki, like he lie about everything else. He is just trying to be cool and reaching out to the young people. And that stupid answer about what he wear to bed. It’s clear Mitt doesn’t wear the truth to bed or any where else.

• September 14, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Some of the comments are hilarious:

@Drew:
      Whoever owns the right to “The Producers” should look into suing the Romney campaign for copyright infringement. It’s like Romney’s trying to have the worst campaign in history; and now everyone’s captivated.

@Drew: It’s springtime for Romney and Tea Parting

oldhandatthis
      Too bad Oprah is off the air or he could have jumped on her couch.

• September 14, 2012 at 10:05 pm

“the Romney campaign is running aground in its final stretch.” There’s nothing else to say. Soon, we will have our sanity back.

• 37 idon
      September 14, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Ewww . . . to Ann Romney giving me a visual of George W. that I never wanted EVAR!! And Romney is one hairy dude, which raises an interesting question. Is he genus homosapien or pan? I think the Romneys are so jealous of the Obamas, they try to imitate them at every turn. I think for most people their attempts do not ring true. MITTNOCCHIO is losing and a loser.

• 38 cindysweatt
      September 14, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Golly, gee, that Ann Romney is just precious! giggle giggle.

2. 39 Roberta in MN
    September 14, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Good enving Chips Did I get 1st.

3. 41 Dudette
    September 14, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Best FLOTUS EVAHHHHHHH!!!!

September 14, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Republicans are finished

Win, lose or draw in November, the Republican Party is over, finished, kaput. How do I know? Tampa tells me so — -and demographics.

At what should have been the culmination of four years of relentless plotting against President Obama, and in an election cycle that was its to lose, the GOP self-destructed, staging a convention that never got off the ground. It started and stopped and sputtered in between.

But it wasn’t because of Tropical Storm Isaac. The rain or shine outside had nothing to do with the climate inside, where conditions were inclement at best. Fact is: hardly anyone really likes Mitt Romney, even people who say they do — and it showed. He’s everybody’s Cracker Jack box without a prize, the kid to whose birthday party no one wants to be invited to, even though his house has a swimming pool. He’s the would-be head of the richest and most powerful nation on earth, from whom you wouldn’t buy a vacuum cleaner without a money-back guarantee.

It appears the only way he could get anyone except his wife to speak on his behalf was to let them unofficially launch their 2016 campaigns for president — and barely mention him.

But that’s not the worst of it. Pick an issue, any issue. The Elephant Party has become the Ostrich Party — burying its head in the sand, refusing to face reality and build bridges to millions of potential supporters. This year’s convention was an apotheosis of all the mean-spirited attacks the tea party/Republicans have been waging against women, gays and lesbians, healthcare reform, China, Russia, undocumented immigrants, Iran, Iraq, Social Security, Medicare — without so much as a single, realistic, workable, compassionate solution to attract undecided voters. The GOP today is largely a party of rabid, old, white men in the unhappy dusk of their lives, railing against a nation in which they are no longer the dominant players. It is sad to watch — and sadder to be one of them. You can smell the mothballs of their memories and memorabilia (hats and banners resurrected for the convention), read the rage in their eyes.

And then, there was Romney’s desperate pandering to thespians. Clint Eastwood lost every vestige of dignity and respect he might still have had by talking to an empty chair, undercutting what was supposed to have been Romney’s shining moment. And inconceivably, Romney, ever the kid no one wanted to play with, actually made the executive decision to allow him to speak without vetting his remarks, just to show people he had a friend. But it backfired miserably. If Ronald Reagan vindicated the role of thespians in society, Eastwood set it back for at least a generation.

September 14, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Such a clear difference between these pictures and those of Mitt Romney from yesterday.

• 46 nospin
      September 14, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Bibi is setting himself up for a mighty fall. It is totally his own fault.

• 47 Zekke LyDonna
        September 14, 2012 at 9:21 pm

I could not agree more. Finally, people in this country, who are blind to the real divisions in Israeli politics, will get a chance to see what a real asshole netanyahu is. MSM almost NEVER reports on internal Israeli politics. It is one of their biggest, and most damaging FAILURES.

Netanyahu, like Romney, seems willing to destroy the security of his country, just to stay in power.

Everything is changing. It’s too bad Republicans had to get scary crazy, before the media started calling them on their bullshit.

HOPE and CHANGE is real, and those who think Barack Obama has not been the catalyst, both directly and indirectly, are fooling themselves.

• 48 Puddin'
          September 14, 2012 at 9:58 pm

“HOPE and CHANGE is real, and those who think Barack Obama has been the catalyst, both directly and indirectly, are fooling themselves”…I believe this with every fiber of my being!!!!!!!!!

6. 49 FoxfireTX
    September 14, 2012 at 7:46 pm

For those who missed it earlier, C-Span 1 will be airing the transfer of remains ceremony at 8:00 EDT. Make sure you have plenty of kleenex.

September 14, 2012 at 7:47 pm

I called polled today by an outfit called “Opinionology” of Utah which is a ” Virginia-based non-profit new models” firm. I’m thinking to myself, just call it the “Mitt-ROMNEY-POLLING- COMPANY-AND-WE’RE-TRYING-TO-GET-INFO-IN-ORDER-TO-MANIPULATE-VOTERS-AND-THE-NEWS CYCLE-AND-GAME-THE-DAMN-ELECTION.”

They asked me a whole bunch of questions about how I felt about the economy, am I better off or worse off, are things moving in the right direction or wrong direction. They asked me how I felt about Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Democrats in congress and Republicans in congress. They asked whether I approved of the job that PBO is doing, and whether I agree with is position on the economy. They wanted me to give them one or two specific examples of what I had seen or heard about congressional Repubs which made me have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of them. Ditto for congressional Dems. They then wanted to know where I got my news/political info from. I gave strong approval/favorability for PBO and his economic policies, somewhat approval of Clinton and congressional Dems, and strong disapproval/unfavorability of Willard and his economic policies, and congressional Repubs.

8. 54 Dudette
    September 14, 2012 at 7:49 pm

A Trip Down Memory Lane

9. 59 Rita
    September 14, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Have you all see this article? Especially this page? http://www.businessinsider.com/barack-obama-tax-return-income-assets-2012-9#in-2009-he-gave-the-approximately-14-million-nobel-prize-money-to-these-charities-9

Let’s broadcast this. R/R can speculate and store their money in tax shelters, but our President’s made his money through hard work, writing books, and investing wisely, and pays his fair share of taxes! And, when he gave away his Nobel prize money, he, in effect, said, I have enough, I don’t need more, and gave it all away to charity. Highlights the fact that he really is trying to help the lower and middle classes.

September 14, 2012 at 7:50 pm

11. September 14, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Priceless. How loving is that boy, and Michelle too.

More on NYT/CBS national poll:

• 68 Geeja
      September 14, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Is he not the cutest!

• 69 theo67
      September 14, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Romney never had a “longstanding edge on the economy and jobs” because he’s never actually presented a plan. Plus, the only record we have of Mitt’s public works shows him leaving Massachusetts worse off than he found it, only ahead of states that had just gone through the Katrina crisis – plus, his record with the Olympics left the country poorer because of the billions in public funds that were used to bail out those games. He has no positive record – even his Bain record only benefited the top 1% who represented his client base, and left the state of family economies and jobs far worse off. That edge they keep talking about is as phony as Paul Ryan’s “fiscal conservatism”.

12. September 14, 2012 at 7:52 pm

13. 73 donna dem 4 obama
    September 14, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Let’s Talk About Values

I so wish this ad was on TV.

14. 74 dotster3
    September 14, 2012 at 7:54 pm

“Values” Voter Summit—–a collection of demented haters

15. September 14, 2012 at 7:57 pm

btw, the largest stadium in Syria (in Aleppo) was remodeled today … early 21st Century coliseum style …. ;)

16. 80 daisydem
    September 14, 2012 at 8:00 pm

OMG, I have got to catch up; I think I have missed most of 3 posts, but I have to say about this one … the little boy hugging Michelle – you can feel it! Through the film, the space, the camera lens … it transcends all and I seriously could feel that hug. That is an awesome picture! P.S. You can also feel the love.

September 14, 2012 at 8:03 pm

UGH..Ezra Klein

• September 14, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Based on what TOD commenters said this week, sounds like Ed may be out for a while. :(

Before hanging out at TOD, I could tolerate Ezra, but now he makes my skin crawl. Hate everything about him.

And he’s just going to get worse, as he gets more and more entrenched in the George Will lifestyle.

September 14, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I cannot STAND him. Right now he’s basically trying to suggest that PBO’s use of drone attacks in his approach to defeating Al Qaeda and the Taliban is in part responsible for the latest attacks in Benghazi. WTF Ezra? What exactly are you trying to do here. Instead of doing your job and trying to find out who exactly funded that anti-Islam movie, you are busy playing to the Glen Greenwald School of Libertarianism. WTF?!?!?!?

• 85 criquet
          September 14, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Yes, Ezra Klein has become another unbearable emprog. If he did more research and stopped pushing anti-PBO themes he might have seen this report:

• 88 theo67
          September 14, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Yes – I fast forwarded through everything but the tribute to the transfer ceremony at the end. Ezra is a disaster.

• 89 idon
          September 14, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Whenever the talk turns to foreign policy or crises, I try to avoid watching any MSNBC shows except Rev Al. PBO and his team are extremely tightlipped so the likelihood Ezra Klein has any real information about the events unfolding in the Middle East is slim to none. With that said, it is possible Ezra Klein is part of a disinformation campaign. Remember not every journalist is just a journalist. I strongly believe PBO knows exactly who is behind the deadly attack in Benghazi and the spread of protests and riots throughout the Middle East. Think unlimited supply of money, a cheap inflammatory racebaiting film (remember Birth of a Nation and it ‘s more recent incarnation, 2016: Obama’s America ), the hate speech and actions of right wing domestic terrorists also known as the Republican Party and the US military’s roach problem. This combination of factors is the likely source of the current crises in the Middle East and has all the markings of a NIXONIAN type strategy. The GOP keeps talking Carter but they are really thinking Johnson.

The White House asked Google to remove the inflammatory film from YouTube and they refused. However, when China asked them to restrict access to certain search terms and results, Google complied. Of course, there are others ways to remove the video from YouTube, which means it will probably be gone by tomorrow afternoon. How many of you are still using the Google search engine and/or have Google accounts? Dump Google and try BING.

• 90 nospin
      September 14, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I lasted less than 1 minute. Then I switched to the bio channel.

September 14, 2012 at 9:00 pm

He’s managed to piss off just about everyone with his crappy whinefest about PBO, when there are so many important issues of the day that he could be discussing.

18. 94 Rita
    September 14, 2012 at 8:05 pm

FLOTUS just tweeted this. Sorry if you’re all seen this before… so cute! http://youtu.be/Zk30kRZrLsY

September 14, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Ok, thread needs some cowbell.

The preacher, in his Sunday sermon, used “Forgive Your Enemies” as his subject. After a long sermon, he asked how many were willing to forgive their enemies. About half held up their hands. Not satisfied he harangued for another twenty minutes and repeated his question. This time he received a response of about 80 percent. Still unsatisfied, he lectured for another 15 minutes and repeated his question. With all thoughts now on Sunday dinner, all responded except one elderly lady in the rear.

“Mrs. Jones, are you not willing to forgive your enemies?”

“I don’t have any.”

“Mrs. Jones, that is very unusual. How old are you?”

“Ninety three.”

“Mrs. Jones, please come down in front and tell the congregation how a person can live to be ninety-three, and not have an enemy in the world.”

The little sweetheart of a lady tottered down the aisle, very slowly turned around and said:

“It’s easy, I just outlived the bitches.”

20. September 14, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Just when you think things can’t get any mire Nuts.
    The GOP Freshman are putting forward a no confidence vote for AG Holder.
    AGAIN???

21. 104 Claire
    September 14, 2012 at 8:06 pm

What a mess. My heart just melted all over the floor seeing the FLOTUS and the little boy in those photos. Oh my.. too too touching!

22. 105 daisydem
    September 14, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I mean … I mean … the child closes his eyes .. complete trust .. he is lost in that hug! I can’t stop looking at this picture. I want a hug from her like that.

23. September 14, 2012 at 8:06 pm

September 14, 2012 at 8:09 pm

25. 112 dotster3
    September 14, 2012 at 8:10 pm

There’s Ezra on his nightly anti-Obama programming, going on and on and on about predator drones, harshly condemning and calling him all kinds of names, a killing president etc.—calling it unlawful and ruthless etc. etc. etc.

• 113 theo67
      September 14, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Maybe Ezra will grow up one day. He strikes me as a young, immature kid, who just happens to have read a lot of theoretical books.

26. September 14, 2012 at 8:10 pm

27. September 14, 2012 at 8:12 pm

But if by a “Liberal” they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people — their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties — someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a “Liberal,” then I’m proud to say I’m a “Liberal.” – JFK

• 118 Carolyn
      September 14, 2012 at 10:59 pm

I’m old enough to remember this, and it needs to go everywhere. I think it is the best encapsulation of what it means to be a Liberal. For thirty years Republicans have tried to make it a dirty word. I’m glad to see it being reclaimed as a proud designation.

28. 119 dotster3
    September 14, 2012 at 8:15 pm

29. 121 dotster3
    September 14, 2012 at 8:16 pm

30. 128 lovingandlaughing
    September 14, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Love this Michelle post!

31. 130 Dudette
    September 14, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Just ran across this (sorry if it’s a repeat).

Hmmm, my throat’s a little parched… what’s a girl to do? :-)
    —————————————————————————

Most Interesting Man prefers Obama

Jonathan Goldsmith, aka The Most Interesting Man in the World, is hosting a fundraiser for President Obama in Burlington, Vt., next week.

The actor, known for his recurring role in Dos Equis commercials, will be in attendance along with Vermont Speaker of the House Shap Smith, according to an invitation online.

• 131 theo67
      September 14, 2012 at 11:47 pm

I love the Dos Equis guy. I found this 14 minute compilation of his commercials – the last five minutes are really hilarious as he delivers one liners on various subjects. I’m glad he’s an Obama supporter. He’s very cool!

32. 132 Dudette
    September 14, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Yay! Gary Johnson will be siphoning off Romney votes! Heh, heh, heh!!
    —————————————–
    Johnson wins in Pennslyvania

“…in terms of the ballot anyway.

Per PoliticsPA:

Commonwealth Court judges sided with Johnson by a margin of 2-1 on Thursday, according tothe Associated Press. They ruled that about 9,000 of the candidate’s petition signatures are valid despite the fact that voters’ home addresses from the petitions did not match the addresses listed in the voting file.

Two people with knowledge of the petition challenge – which has been coordinated with the Pa. Republican Party – said an appeal was in the process of being filed Friday afternoon. Both said the move is typical in such disputes; state law gives litigants a presumptive right to appeal any Commonwealth Court decision.

Pennsylvania is no longer a state that Republicans are suggesting is in play in a real way, but there’s also a desire not to cede any advantage to an opponent – and Johnson on the ballot could end up, depending on who he siphons votes from, helping President Obama.

It also puts Johnson on the ballot in 47 states so far, which could matter in ones that are tight.”

September 14, 2012 at 8:33 pm

The video of Rainer and Atticus is the cutest ever! Thanks Rita and Chips.

34. 134 Dudette
    September 14, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Senate battle looking like a nail-biter (again)

Check this for WaPo’s take on 10 hotly-contested Senate races.

35. September 14, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Ok folks, I am wiped out. I think it’s going to be a minimal politics weekend — except for my phonebanking on Sunday. It’s just been a hellishly busy week, and the crazy from the Right was dialed up to 11. Everyone to my house for gimlets.

36. 138 Eveingeorgia
    September 14, 2012 at 8:44 pm

I just had a great experience. I and four friends gathered to use the call tool at BarackObama.com. We were given the names and numbers of people in N.C. So armed with the script, our cell phones, and one land- line we made 50 calls.

The first call was to a southern, white male who was pro-Obama. Great start, since the next one informed me that he was not voting for Obama, because he was liar and a…and a. I thanked him, hung up, then we all cracked up. Really, his anger was comical, because it didn’t make any sense.

My most interesting call was to a republican lady, retired, who was voting for Romney because she was “not better off” since ’08. But she wanted to talk so I reminded her that PBO was not in office in ’08. I recalled the history to her and briefly outlined how the president’s policies had gradually turned the country around. I asked her if she was on Medicare. She said she was, I pointed out to her what would happen to her coverage, her insurance costs etc., under a Romney administration, as opposed to what will happen under PBO. She didn’t understand vouchers, and I explained that concept to her.

She was blaming the president because she knew two people in their fifties who were pretending to be disabled, and after being turned down by the government for disability had hired lawyers to fight for disability. They didn’t want to work and people shouldn’t be able to hire lawyers to gain disability checks. Somehow, all that was OBAMA’S fault.

I didn’t ask, but she volunteered that she wasn’t voting against PBO because he was black, but because her retirement investments had not increased since 2008. I told her mind had increased, and I was not voting for him because he was black either, but because he was fighting for everything that protected and helpEd people like her and every other demographic in the country.

She listened, at least, but ended by saying that she had to vote the bum out because she hadn’t regained her money, and so she wanted to give the next person a chance. IF he didn’t work out, then she’d vote him out too.

What pleased me most about this interchange was that I was able to really answer this lady’s questions with facts, learned through websites like TOD and others. She probably won’t vote for PBO, but it won’t be because she doesn’t know better; I invited her not to take anybody’s word on the issues ( including mine ) but to learn more on her own.

This was not easy for me, but, boy do I feel great tonight. I participated in democracy, y’all, and it feels great..

• 139 Dona
      September 14, 2012 at 8:51 pm

So proud of you! Every little bit helps. I am going out tomorrow to register people to vote. Fired Up!

September 14, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Good for you, eve! Am wondering why her retirement investments haven’t gotten better…stock market is WAY up from 2008/2009….my question to HER would’ve been…”Why didn’t you report the fraudulent behavior of your friends?”

• 141 amk for obama
      September 14, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Well done Eve. Keep up the good work. You know what they say is the worst thing about democracy ? The voters. :)

• September 14, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Stunning work! I so admire people who can cold-call voters. I’m absolutely unable to do that, so my gratitude to you is enormous.

• September 14, 2012 at 9:13 pm

That is a fine example of citizenship on your part, Eve!!! Thank you.

Yes We Can

• 145 99ts
      September 14, 2012 at 9:32 pm

She must have some really bad investments – because the one area of the economy that has recovered extremely well is the stock market
      Dow Jones Nov 21, 2008 7449, Today 13593
      S&P 500 Nov 21 2008 800.03 Today 1465 (highest since Jan 2008)

It hasn’t been easy to hold investments over the past 4 years – and many sold out & put their cash in “safe” places with little or no growth. Perhaps that is what happened to this lady.

Well done Eve, you never know, she may have 2nd thoughts

• 146 cindysweatt
      September 14, 2012 at 11:18 pm

You did a wonderful job. You were a very good representative of President Obama. Smart and classy.

• 147 purpleshoesla
      September 15, 2012 at 2:42 am

Bravo Eve. Keep up the good work! I phone bank every Monday evening and it’s always interesting.

37. 148 Dona
    September 14, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Mitt Romney said this week that PBO is responsible for the statement coming out of the embassy in Libya as they tried to calm feelings BEFORE
    the ambassador was killed. His chin trembled with righteousness as he said it. This begs the question, if the POTUS is held responsible for everything government agencies does (even when not sanctioned by the White House), then surely he is responsible for those agencies who killed terrorists, carried out the stimulus that slowed and ultimately reversed the recession, collected loose nukes around the world as he promised in his UN speech, passed and administer the ACA, encouraged and developed new curriculum standards in math and science, developed a new consumer watchdog agency, and a host of awesome achievements?

If, (using Mitt the Twit’s logic), PBO is this successful, despite the enormous hurdles in his path, then it makes absolute sense to re- elect this man,with a resounding majority and send a message to all, here and around the world, that Americans are not stupid, we know a good thing when we see it.

38. 149 criquet
    September 14, 2012 at 8:48 pm

39. September 14, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Suggest all of you check James Wheeler’s tweets if you’d like to get a glimpse at how Libyans really feel about America and Islamic extremists …

btw, Most Libyans love America and hate Islamic extremists.

You may also be interested in these two tweets …

Islamic radicals incited to violence by a soft-corn porn hack’s re-dubbed trash …

Let that sink in …

40. September 14, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Ezra Klein sounds like Cenk Uhygur! Is he a Libertarian?

41. 153 Dudette
    September 14, 2012 at 8:54 pm

To Tweet or Not to Tweet? That is the question! :-)

42. 154 dotster3
    September 14, 2012 at 8:57 pm

43. 158 Dudette
    September 14, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Hell yeah, I’m tweetin’! Baby got her TWITTAH back!!! Yippieeeeeeeeeeee! :-D :-D :-D

44. 159 Dudette
    September 14, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Happily Retweeted — Tammy Duckworth has a debate tonight. Check it out if you can!

Frankly, I hope she rips that dickhead Joe Walsh a new one.

45. September 14, 2012 at 9:00 pm

OMG, the cuteness factor in that photo of FLOTUS and that little boy is OFF THE CHARTS. I’ve completed melted here on the keyboard.

September 14, 2012 at 9:39 pm

What is so wonderful is that you could tell he loved her before he met her (a lot of young kids know exactly who Michelle Obama is!)! That’s why he dreamily has closed his eyes during the hug, and is probably patting her back (which we can’t see in the still shot). Even at his young age, he’s feelin’ the love everybody feels for FLOTUS. Sigh.

• September 14, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I know, right? I remember back in 2008 we saw so many videos of babies just laughing and saying O-BA-MA and pointing to him on TV. Part of it is the lyrical nature of his name but the other part is this aura of good nature and sweetness that comes across purely and directly. It’s in his words, his voice, his gestures, his smile. OMG, we are so very lucky, JO’B!!

September 14, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Yes, meta, we are all so lucky – including all the little children! My 9-y/o granddaughter can quote everything FLOTUS has ever said on TV directed toward America’s children (almost – Ha!) – and will repeat things in a dead-serious manner. Makes me smile!

46. 168 anniebella
    September 14, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I love the picture of FLOTUS with the young boy. I know we say this alot, but it is so true, I just love how POTUS and FLOTUS are so good with kids. And the video of the young kids interviewing FLOTUS at the DNC is so cute. So cute.

47. 173 anniebella
    September 14, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Hay guys our lovely First Lady will be in North Carolina Wednesday. Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! I can’t wait.

September 14, 2012 at 9:16 pm

RR…A Thousand Points of Lies

49. 177 auntsis522
    September 14, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Good Evening All. Did some phone banking tonight. Left lots of messages. The few that I spoke too were enthusiastically for PBO. The office is in Coconut Grove, not too far from where I work. The President is expected to be on campus (University of Miami) on Thursday. I hope I get in this time. Surprising, I get in all other events in South Florida except for where I work. Isn’t that just crazy? Well, I am going to try to catch up on the many posts from today but I am really tired. Have a good evening,

50. 178 Claire
    September 14, 2012 at 9:22 pm

A toast to all of the TOD OFA volunteers… you make us all so proud. Thank you for sharing your stories.

51. 179 Eveingeorgia
    September 14, 2012 at 9:22 pm

For some reason I can’t reply to individual comments so to all of you who responded to my little story, Thanks for the encouragement!

@Tien le

I am just like you. That call tool thing terrified me; never would have done it on my own. Being in a small group helped tremendously. And most of the responses, even when rude, were quickly over by saying “Thank you for your time. Those calls are very short.

It wasn’t so bad, but I’m one who will always be a little tense in situations like these, That’s why actually doing it felt so good.

52. 180 Dudette
    September 14, 2012 at 9:23 pm

• September 14, 2012 at 9:32 pm

So, has anybody else figured out that the numbers do not add up.
      The President is up by 55 points with Jewish Voters, 95 points with AA Voters, 45 points with Hispanics, 40 points 18-29 year olds, etc.
      The President is probably up by 7-10 points, if these people show up to Vote!
      Thus, the Polls are wrong, they dont match the Demograhics, they are siphoning off votes from the left.
      Old Rush limpballs had it backwards…

53. September 14, 2012 at 9:27 pm

So far, Rachel is very informative tonight, very!

• September 14, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Yes. The VA clinics story — Where or how does this all end? I am SO scared for our country.

• 185 lisalovesobama
        September 14, 2012 at 9:43 pm

No wonder the repukes hate and revile religious extremists aka in repuke speak (Muslims and Islam) and see them everywhere they look. For the repukes, seeing religious extremists is like looking in a mirror. Seeing the ugly scares the shit out of them. The GOP is our Taliban and extremists.

September 14, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Yes. Today’s GOP = America’s Taliban. Can’t wait until they are run out of town governments all across America and in D.C.

• 187 Cheryllou
      September 14, 2012 at 9:36 pm

I agree jovie141.

54. 188 Dudette
    September 14, 2012 at 9:37 pm

55. 189 forus50
    September 14, 2012 at 9:41 pm

I cannot find the video today of the ceremony. The portion before the speeches. I though Chips had it somewhere on one of the previous posts but the only one I can find is the one with Sec Clinton speaking. Does anyone have a link? Really wanted to watch it again.

56. 196 Dudette
    September 14, 2012 at 9:52 pm
  57. September 14, 2012 at 9:53 pm

58. 198 dotster3
    September 14, 2012 at 9:58 pm

59. September 14, 2012 at 10:02 pm

60. September 14, 2012 at 10:04 pm

61. 201 xtine
    September 14, 2012 at 10:07 pm

DO NOT PISS OFF KANSANS, I tell ya! In response to the birther nonsense:

“TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) – Kansas officials want more information before deciding whether to remove President Barack Obama from the state’s November ballot.” Source: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/state/kansas/kan-board-delays-decision-on-obama-ballot

Dear Lieutenant Governor Jeff Colyer, M.D.

It is shocking to this Kansas tax payer that you, being a man of letters, would be a part of this craven political bow to racism, nativism, xenophobia and know-nothingism! All this is nothing more than a deep obeisance to the Republican right-wing nut faction and their open contempt for folk that don’t look like them.

“The State Objections Board heard arguments Thursday on a claim from a Manhattan, Kan., resident that Obama is not eligible to be president because his father was from Kenya.”

Mitt Romney’s dad George Wilcken Romney was born in Colonia Dublán, Galeana, Chihuahua, Mexico. Using the claimant’s (Joe Montgomery) logic, that makes Mitt Romney’s dad Mexican. Hasn’t your Board wondered why Joe Montgomery is not challenging Mitt Romney’s eligibility to be president of the United States of America, but is of that of one Barack Obama?

I am sure you know, being a man of letters, that for one to be eligible to be the President of the United States, the U.S. Constitution has set the principal qualifications one must meet to be:

– be a natural-born citizen of the United States;

– be at least 35 years old;

– have been a permanent resident in the United States for at least fourteen years.

You know (should know), being a man of letters, that Barack Obama does indeed meet those principal qualifications.

Barack Obama, as we all know, has a birth certificate documenting his birth in Hawaii on August 4th, 1961. He has made it available online, just a Google search away – the only President of the USA to EVER do so.

The Kansas State Objections Board should have dismissed Joe Montgomery claim/complaint — with prejudice, that is, indicating misconduct on Joe Montgomery’s part and forbidding him from ever refiling the claim/complaint — instead of subjecting us (Kansans) to this mendacity.

[It's a real letter. I personally know the author!]

62. September 14, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Sully can be trying much of the time but he captures something here:

###

“What people don’t note enough is both the self-discipline (that we know doesn’t come easily) and the zen-like calm he exudes. Occasionally I ask some sources close to him how he reacted to some piece of news or the other. They almost all say that his range of emotion is about a tenth of the average human being – and that he is as intent on being a good father and husband as being a good president. He is cool not in the pop culture sense, but in the “old soul” sense. This is why so many wavering Americans still like him. In an ocean of drama, he is an island of public calm.

… [W]hen I think of the characteristics I want in a president in turbulent times, this capacity for calm and poise comes pretty high on the list. And that’s why I think this past week was almost as damaging to Romney as the week before. He over-reacted in a petty, political way to a sudden, murky series of events that demanded restraint and calm and fact-gathering. Then he doubled down on his attempt to politicize it. This was talk-radio performance, not presidential behavior.”

###

I think that throughout the last 4 years, we’ve witnessed this extraordinary POTUS weather tragedy after tragedy, crisis after crisis, setback after setback. But still, even in the midst of all this harsh reality the world brings to his doorstep, he is still the most resolute, most hopeful and most productive PEOPLE’s PRESIDENT. He is beloved by so many because he has touched us all, slowly, over time – day after day, event upon event, promise after promise. He buoys his supporters and confounds his critics. He WINS.

63. September 14, 2012 at 10:10 pm

64. 210 collegekay
    September 14, 2012 at 10:10 pm

President Obama will be on David Letterman Tuesday, September 18 at 11:35 EDT.

65. 212 terim
    September 14, 2012 at 10:10 pm

The photos of FLOTUS and the little boy are just wonderful!

66. September 14, 2012 at 10:16 pm

67. 214 cookemom
    September 14, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Tammi Duckworth and Joe Walsh, candidates for the House seat from the 8th district of Illinois, will debate at 9:30pm cst.

Here’s the link: http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/19548134/8th-congressional-district-debate-joe-walsh-vs-tammy-duckworth

Expect Walsh to sound crazy, it’s his only mode of thinking. He’s going to try to make sure we all know what an idiot he is before he’s run out of the 8th district on his high horse. The shame is he gets life time benefits from having served in Congress for his one hate-filled 2year term.

It’s nitey-nite for me. Turn off the lights before you turn in. Don’t stay up too late.

68. 218 cindysweatt
    September 14, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Chipsticks: How would I be able to get a copy of any video of the rally in Golden, CO on Sept. 13th? Someone suggested I look at c-span. I couldn’t find it. I would love to see the whole speech, but would especially like to see the rope line at the end where I was able to shake the President’s hand and he kissed my cheek. If you can help, let me know. If anyone would know, it would be you. Thanks even if you don’t have time.

69. September 14, 2012 at 10:24 pm

September 14, 2012 at 10:27 pm

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/category/237044/live-stream Almost time for Tammy Duckworth!!! Tune in!

September 14, 2012 at 10:40 pm

I can’t. Can’t listen to this asshole anymore. He turns my stomach.

72. 236 Dudette
    September 14, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Duckworth-Walsh debate live tweeting:

#FoxChicagodebate
    #IL08

73. 237 Dudette
    September 14, 2012 at 10:51 pm

I don’t like that these two moderators keep interrupting Tammy, but they let Deadbeat Joe say whatever the hell he wants. Ugh!

74. 247 Pamela
    September 14, 2012 at 11:11 pm

“A real senses of concern for others breeds trust, which in turn leads to friendship and a sense of security.” ~ HHDL 14 Sept 2012 @DalaiLama

75. 248 Dudette
    September 14, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Some dancing music for Cindy who got a kiss from our President yesterday! You GO Girl!!

76. 250 Dudette
    September 14, 2012 at 11:30 pm

One more… and I’m outta here. Goodnight Family!

77. 251 Walking_on_ Sunshine
    September 14, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Rainier and Atticus are adorable. “Martin Van Buren is the best president because I like his sideburns!” Kids say the darndest things! That interview just made my day!

And the hug that little blonde boy is giving the first lady I can’t even describe. Such tenderness. What a sweet angel.

78. 252 Betsy
    September 15, 2012 at 1:00 am

ATTENTION WESTCOASTERS: Scandal is on at 10 on ABC!!!

• 253 theo67
      September 15, 2012 at 2:09 am

I watched that one minute scene again – still very touching. I’m glad you reminded us – it was fantastic to watch that show again. I was against it when it first started, but I’m now hooked and I can’t wait for the new season (especially after Kerry Washington’s wonderful endorsement of President Obama and her speech at the convention).

September 15, 2012 at 1:51 am

Judge imprisons Miami-Dade couple convicted in $45 million Medicare scam

A Miami federal judge sent a convicted drug trafficker and his wife to prison for lengthy sentences in a $45 million Medicare fraud case.

80. 259 99ts
    September 15, 2012 at 3:01 am

Anyone still awake – I just arrived home from visiting grandbaby – wee little love – it’s 5pm in my world – so I watch Martin Bashir wipe out sarah palin – and then just found this – not sure where the original came from – but I assume is part of the family interview

“That is gonna get me in trouble if I answer that honestly,” the wife the Republican presidential said in response to question from Neil Cavuto today about whether the media is fair to the Romney campaign. She added “we always feel like we are getting picked on more than anyone else, it’s just what happens.”

GOP women can’t help but whinge – I wonder how they would EVER survive what President and Mrs Obama cope with from the media – all the time.

Has anyone asked Mitt recently about those tax returns? That is the media question I want to see – again and again and again

September 15, 2012 at 8:00 am

99ts, I used to like to stay away from the spouses, but it s clear Ann Romney is as whack out as her lying husband. How is Mitt being pick on? Mrs. Obama has had to deal with alot of B.S. concerning her husband, but she has handle it with grace and dignity, unlike Ann Romney who all she do is complain about how people are picking on them.

81. 261 xtine
    September 15, 2012 at 3:25 am

For some reason Letta’s beautiful voice just kept floating through my week:

• 262 theo67
      September 15, 2012 at 3:35 am

I absolutely love Letta Mbulu – one of my most favourite songs of all times is “Hareje”. I can’t find the music to that one, but here’s another very cool one from her:

• 263 xtine
        September 15, 2012 at 4:15 am

Hey Theo, now why am I not surprised to find someone on TOD who loves Letta! How cool is that. I was actually combing thru YouTube and haven’t found that one yet either, and there’s another too! Love it! Never surrender, between you & I & TOD we will find it!

• 264 purpleshoesla
          September 15, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Another perk from hanging out here at TOD is the wonderful music you get exposed to. Thanks for these two videos! I’d never heard of her before. More new music to download Yes! :smile:

• 265 theo67
          September 16, 2012 at 1:20 am

I searched for about an hour last night, and could not find more than just a quick snippet. I ended up trapped in YouTube, listening to other South Africans who made beautiful music while in exile. Wonderful!

September 15, 2012 at 3:41 am

So who won the tammy duckworth and that worthless pig debate ?

September 15, 2012 at 4:52 am

84. 270 xtine
    September 15, 2012 at 4:56 am

OK, before I crash, this one’s for TODers who can still shake a leg. Theo, I’m going to find that one Letta song — it’s got to be somewhere on the webs. Meanwhile, we won’t be too shaby w/ Manu Dibango & Angelique Kidjo who is one fabulous lady:

85. 273 xtine
    September 15, 2012 at 5:06 am

OK, Pata Pata, one foot at a time, free to swing those hips, don’t trip over those naughty mats~

September 15, 2012 at 5:47 am

September 15, 2012 at 8:26 am

I love the new ad. Giving more tax cuts to millionaires and billionaires are not going to make us better off. It will make them better but not us, and for sure hitting us with a tax increase won’t make us better off.

87. September 15, 2012 at 7:26 am

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on Friday raised biofuels targets for 2013 despite an ongoing legal battle with the oil-and-gas industry on the issue.

Refiners will be required to blend 1.28 billion gallons of biodiesel — which EPA includes in its definition of “advanced” biofuels — into traditional transportation fuel in 2013, up from 1 billion gallons this year.

“This action, which meets goals designated by Congress, is another step that strengthens America’s energy security by reducing dependence on foreign oil,” EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson said Friday in a statement.

88. September 15, 2012 at 8:07 am

September 15, 2012 at 8:09 am

Morning hopefruit2, glad to see the Pennsylvania poll news.

• 280 Alycee (@jazziz2)
      September 15, 2012 at 8:31 am

Poll is probably based on registered votors. Due to PA’s voter suppression laws, I’m still going to work like I’m 20pts behind.

September 15, 2012 at 8:39 am

Nope – it’s among LIKELY voters.

// “As the first post-convention poll out of Pennsylvania, the 11-point margin among likely voters underscores why the state is fading from the battleground radar. The Inquirer’s last poll, fielded in late August, reported a 51 percent to 42 percent Obama advantage.” //

And the voter suppression laws in PA are not going to make much difference in the turnout. That has already been factored in the polling models. PA is no longer considered a battleground state for that reason. But, as you said, we still have to work like we’re 20pts behind – that goes for every state, even the deepest of blue.

September 15, 2012 at 8:44 am

Alycee, we all have to keep working our butts off, don’t any of us sit back and assume it’s in the bag, no no no. We can’t do that.

89. September 15, 2012 at 8:08 am

Whoever is Filling in for Chris Hayes, it’s all about This President this morning, NOT one mention of Willard and His overstepping His Boundaries, etc.
    Not one mention of Willard politicizing Benghazi, nope, this is all about the President and Egypt and how he said they ate not an Ally etc…
    This Show is Anti Obama, it always has been!

September 15, 2012 at 8:13 am

Is Egypt acting like a ally. I think POTUS was saying to the leader, leaders of Egypt we are not going to put up with our people being kill. So if you want our friendship, our money, act like a ally.

September 15, 2012 at 8:09 am

So from my Twitter TL, I see that Chris Hayes has Sam Seder (another Greenwald-type Libertarian) filling in for him today. Good thing I didn’t bother turning on my TV this morning. It will remained turned off – thanks.

September 15, 2012 at 8:16 am

I have my tv to cartoons. I don’t watch Chris Hayes.

• September 15, 2012 at 8:22 am

I think the Libertarians are confused. All of them HateDrones and the American Military, half of them love the Givernment programs and half do not.
      What a Wierd Movement and Political Party, sort of a Pandering Party, for the extremists!

91. 288 dotster3
    September 15, 2012 at 8:25 am

Lester Holt on the Today Show just asked their foreign policy “expert” if the unrest in the Middle East will erase all of Obama’s foreign policy bona fides! The “expert” said he didn’t think this was “ALL” Obama’s fault—-OMG, duh!!!——but this will likely make people reassess the “Arab spring” and other changes in that region which have happened under his watch. If this wasn’t the most shallow, most dishonest, most transparently manipulative exchange!——-inexcusable. I always think I cannot be more disgusted, and then I am.

• September 15, 2012 at 8:33 am

This is what I wads afraid of, the Us Media sees an opportunity to smear the President!
      Willard is not being mentioned, at all, it’s all this Presudent and how He allowed this to happen, this Stab spring.
      Taking a cue from Robney Policy adviser yesterday saying, if Robney were President this would not have happened.
      Maybe? I do think Robney would have supported Mubarak and Ghadafi.
      But, then their would be No Democracy over there.
      Who knows, it’s complicated… But, it’s not the Presidents fault, it’s that area of the Globe that cannot handle Democracy, they ate not used to it.

September 15, 2012 at 8:46 am

I’m not afraid. The MSM’s manipulations are very transparent and that includes the antics of the so-called left like Klein, Maddow and Hayes. Romney’s behavior has already raised serious flags to voters that this was an attempt to revive his dying campaign and to erode PBO’s support. Like all other last-ditch, poorly-thought out attempts to shore up Republican votes and erode PBO’s support, this one will backfire and will make things worse for Romney.

As I said earlier this week, the feigned outrage at Romney shown in the MSM on Wednesday was just to cover their asses and get people off their backs. They had already planned to switch and make it all about Obama. That’s what we’re seeing now. But it won’t work, and whatever short-term gains for Romney or losses for Obama (one or two news cycles and a few skewed polls here and there), will soon be replaced by even much bigger gains for Obama (a decisive win in November) and losses for Romney (a humiliating defeat).

September 15, 2012 at 8:41 am

dotster3, to heck with these so call experts, tell me how can any sensible American sit there and say that what is going on over there is President Obama’s fault. Those people got mad about a two bit piece of garbage movie denigrating their God. What we have seen has been leadership from the President during this situation. But what have we seen from Mitt Romney? A two bit hustler trying to take advantage of what happen to our people being kill. That isn’t a leader. And I tell you another thing, I bet people have also like how S.O.S Hillary Clinton have carry herself. So the so call experts don’t know everything.

September 15, 2012 at 8:48 am

Remember so call experts said the President was doom because of the economy. Remember.

September 15, 2012 at 8:49 am

By the way, contrary to MSM reports, the majority of the ME is not protesting the US. MSM is ginning up this chaos right before election hoping that it will help Mitt Romney or at least make it a much closer race than it seems to be heading for.

• 294 amk for obama
          September 15, 2012 at 9:22 am

Yup. A reporter on AJ said that majority of egytians are opposed to all the violence, especially against US and today Cairo was back to normal.

• 295 Mae who love our CIC
      September 15, 2012 at 10:02 am

How can our President controls what happens on the soil of another country. The American people who supports this President know that things happen and this will not diminish their support. If anything our convictions will be strengthened. Our President has proven time after time he works his butt off for the American people. He does not used an incident such as the embassy murders to embellish his foreign policy credentials. He has already proven his credentials.

The GOP does not care about the American people, they love war. President Obama understands the human sacrifice and the decrease in our national treasury to perpetrate the idea of extinguishing another life because of differences. We have a history from the beginning of our existence in this country of a group of people who tries to take advantage of others for material gain; the American Indian, slavery, women rights, the right to vote, civil rights, etc. This country has enough for all of us to share and coexist without undue hardships on anybody.

At this point in this election cycle, who supports the President, does and who does not support him, won’t. Any shenanigans at this point in time is non effect. The GOP are fooling themselves. The sooner they reconcile the truth staring in their faces, the better off this country will be.

Life can be so simple with life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

92. 296 dotster3
    September 15, 2012 at 8:45 am

The religious extremists behind the film that set off all the violence and unrest——Nakoula has been taken in for questioning.

September 15, 2012 at 8:51 am

LMAO! Enthusiasm….

94. September 15, 2012 at 8:51 am

Good morning, TODville! Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend planned ahead. And some OFA vounteering, too!

Thought this would bring a smile to your faces!

95. 302 dotster3
    September 15, 2012 at 8:54 am

96. 303 Linda
    September 15, 2012 at 8:58 am

Mitt Romney’s Muslim-Baiting Backers

On the opening night of the Republican National Convention, the cameras caught former UN ambassador John Bolton in the Romney family box, chatting amiably with Romney’s son Tagg. Shortly before the convention, Bolton, an unpaid foreign policy advisor to Romney, rushed to the defense of Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, whose attempts to tie Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin to the Muslim Brotherhood were widely denounced, even by Republicans like John McCain.

Several weeks before the convention, Romney met in Denver with former Army lieutenant general Jerry Boykin, who was rebuked by President Bush in 2003 for his anti-Muslim, Crusade-like statements while still in uniform and subsequently found by the Pentagon Inspector General to have violated three internal rules when he delivered these speeches without clarifying that he was speaking in his private capacity. Boykin’s “no mosques in America” and no first amendment rights for Islam statements led to his withdrawal as a West Point speaker this year, after protests by Iraq and Afghanistan vet groups.

Boykin recently became executive vice president of the Family Research Council, a measure of how Islamophobia has become an integral part of the hard right agenda.

September 15, 2012 at 9:01 am

Just watched an AJ piece called Image War, which showed how shrub and the neocons fucked up the american image in ME (embedded journalism,abu gharib etc.) and it ended with praising Obama for bringing back some sanity to american journalism (like not releasing bin laden’s body etc.). I was furious seeing the ugly faces of shrub, dumbsfeld etc. again on teevee.

98. 305 dotster3
    September 15, 2012 at 9:10 am

Ia. judge suspends Repub efforts to suppress the vote there. The damage I worry about there and other places where there have been new voting restriction efforts is mentioned here—–that this has already caused “confusion and mistrust” among some voters.

• 306 99ts
      September 15, 2012 at 9:31 am

Listening to the appeal in Pennsylvania – I wonder what happens if you arrive at the polls and your address on your photo ID is different to your address on the voting register – not because either is wrong but rather because of spelling mistakes/typos – what if your name is spelt differently on both? In some weird way, it would be interesting to see what happened if those on the right were refused votes – they really aren’t expecting that to happen.

• 307 99ts
        September 15, 2012 at 9:32 am

I don’t understand the fixation with “non citizens” – how does someone without citizenship get on the role in the first place? That is where the verification should be happening – not at the polls

September 15, 2012 at 9:23 am

Here’s the great newly released Obama ad!

100. September 15, 2012 at 9:33 am

101. September 15, 2012 at 9:44 am

Beautiful!

102. 311 anniebella
    September 15, 2012 at 9:46 am

I just finish listening to FLOTUS DNC speech again. I just love that speech, “being President doesn’t change who you are, it reveals who you are.”