Sep

This, That – and some of the Other

@denise4925

Arriving in Miami

President Obama participates in a town hall hosted by Univision and Univision news anchor Maria Elena Salinas at the University of Miami, Sept. 20

… with Jorge Ramos and Maria Elena Salinas

You can buy the poster here – thank you gobrooklyn

Cagle

@MrsroderickS: This wonderful family is spending their family time volunteering for President Obama!! LOVE!!

Grinnell, Iowa, September 18 (Christopher Dilts for Obama for America)

Oskaloosa, Iowa, September 18 (Christopher Dilts for Obama for America)

@theonlyadult

OMG Burger in Miami, Florida, Sept 20

Nick Anderson

Tampa International Airport on September 20

Make sure you see all the great ‘Voters Not Victims’ videos at MoveOn

President Obama boards Air Force One to return to Washington after campaigning in Florida

249 Responses to “This, That – and some of the Other”

1. 14 collegekay
    September 20, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Hello.

2. 15 dotster3
    September 20, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Reposting here because I don’t want anyone to miss this. Sarah Silverman is Back in the Game! Warning: harsh language! And Hilarious!

September 20, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Whoa Pres. Obama is fit. Whoever designs his suits deserves three cheers. The tailoring is incredible. The style and patterns of his ties gives it that extra pizzaz. Bravo!

September 20, 2012 at 8:49 pm

That’s what auntsis said after she saw him in person today.

• 20 veryslowwriter
      September 20, 2012 at 10:18 pm

He favors Hart, Schaffner & Marx — making suits in US for 125 years. They are, I believe, the last maker of tuxedos in the country. And you know how good PBO looks in a tux. Hickey-Freeman makes suits in the US too.

4. 21 proudmemberofglobalzero
    September 20, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Congrats on First Bob./ Hey college…did they ever find out who called in the bomb threat. I am glad no one is hurt.

September 20, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Two sets of wonderful news.

September 20, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Well lookey here.

7. September 20, 2012 at 8:38 pm

8. September 20, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I just had to throw someone out of the library. While it’s not my favorite part of the job, I can’t have unstable patrons haranguing my staff. He didn’t understand that the library card he had was for another library system, and didn’t work for us. Started to get belligerent with the part-time staff. Of course, he’s going to sue us. Fun at the library!!

• 43 0388jojothecat
      September 20, 2012 at 10:02 pm

So sorry LL, have a double gimlet tonight. He won’t sue….L.A.’s broke. :(

• September 20, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Oh, no, he won’t sue. He wasn’t quite all there. We get that all the time.

• 45 0388jojothecat
          September 21, 2012 at 12:11 am

That’s good to hear……

September 21, 2012 at 5:19 am

I hope we all understand that there is more to this President then how good or sexy we think he is. Listening to him answer that question concerning what Mitt Romney said on that Mother Jones video speaks volume as to what kind of person he is. When he talked about Americans don’t want a hand out, they want a hand up. Americans are people who want to work. He goes on to say, sure there are some who game the system, from the bottom and from the top, because there are millionaires who don’t pay taxes too. We have a good man in that oval office, not a perfect man, but a good hearted man who want to make life better for those who need help.

9. 47 squarepeg
    September 20, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Who’s Watching Annette Tadeo on Ed? For those of us who couldn’t stomach Romney on univision, she told everything that needed to be said about his performance. He actually called them “illegal aliens” to their faces. WTF?

10. 51 auntsis522
    September 20, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Ok, I am getting caught up on today’s blog. LIBEREAL LIBRARIAN: the male moderator, Ramos , from Univision is to the left. He is one of those who wanted a pony with blue stripes yesterday. He would fit in nicely with the rest of the PL. Before the event started, they told us not to respond because of time restraints but after awhile, we couldn’t keep it inside. The crowd was all PBO. I can’t wait to review it to watch it for myself.

11. 54 squarepeg
    September 20, 2012 at 8:42 pm

12. 57 PoliticalJunkessa
    September 20, 2012 at 8:43 pm

What a lovely This and That. My President looks to be in very fine form, swagger ever present and ready for anything. Gone ‘head, Mr. President! :mrgreen:

September 20, 2012 at 8:55 pm

That’s what pisses off the RW trolls. They just cannot feel good about THEIR candidate in any which way shape or form. It must be a very frustrating existence. I feel their pain!

We actually ENJOY our candidate – everything about him.

• 59 PoliticalJunkessa
        September 20, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Exactly. We got the real thing, baby!

Be afraid, Willard, be very afraid. All the brown shoe polish in the world won’t give you this type of swagger.

• 63 Pamela
      September 20, 2012 at 9:37 pm

” I approve Barack Obama”. ~ Pamela in Seattle 20 September 2012

13. 64 susanne
    September 20, 2012 at 8:43 pm

from voice of america: pbo on pakistani tv, denouncing anti-islam film.

‘ The U.S. embassy in Pakistan is airing a public service advertisement on Pakistani television that features President Barack Obama denouncing an anti-Islam video that has sparked protests across the Muslim world.

The U.S. State Department said the embassy spent $70,000 to run the 30-second announcement, which features the president talking about America’s history of religious tolerance. In the same ad, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is seen saying the U.S. government had nothing to do with the inflammatory video that insults the Prophet Muhammad.
    ~
    Pakistani media say 15,000 people are expected to march on Islamabad’s diplomatic enclave Friday and that the government has called on the national army to protect the area. The day has been designated “a day of love for the Prophet,” with police urging demonstrators to protest peacefully. ‘

14. 67 PoliticalJunkessa
    September 20, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Saw the cutest “I love Obamacare” bumper sticker on a mini-van today, along with a Wayne Powell sticker. Made my day.

15. 68 dotster3
    September 20, 2012 at 8:45 pm

September 20, 2012 at 8:47 pm

What do they call the thingies they are sitting on ? They are neither stools nor chairs. Idiotic.

September 20, 2012 at 8:52 pm

I haven’t seen Yardarm lately. Anyone? :(

18. September 20, 2012 at 8:54 pm

• September 20, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Disgusting. Her ‘bio’ says it all: “Sick to death of whiney liberals and special interest destroying this country”

• September 20, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Disgusting indeed, Chips. I see a lot of their garbage and just roll with it but the moment anyone intimates any harm to PBO, Joe Biden, etc (and, btw this includes any physical harm toward Romney, Ryan, etc) that’s a line no one crosses without twitter admin, etc., being notified.

• 95 theo67
          September 20, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Indeed – Romney and Ryan may be despicable, but they can simply be voted out of our sightline. No harm needs to come to them. We’ve already had one elected official experience harm because of GOP recklessness – we don’t need any more harm.

19. 96 vitaminlover
    September 20, 2012 at 8:58 pm

My President is soooooo handsome!

20. 98 dotster3
    September 20, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Great this and that, chips. I wasn’t fond of Maria Elena. Is she that terrible in real life, or was that just some kind of unpleasant TV personality? Playing to the older generation conservative Cuban demo, the Rubio peeps?

September 20, 2012 at 8:58 pm

I hope that Rachel will do some fact-checking of Scott Brown’s debate – since she is also from the state of MA, and has been a fan of Elizabeth Warren.

22. 100 vitaminlover
    September 20, 2012 at 8:59 pm

My Vice-President is sooooo handsome!

23. 101 vitaminlover
    September 20, 2012 at 8:59 pm

My President and my Vice-President BOTH have it goin’ on in a major way!

• 102 Pamela
      September 20, 2012 at 10:28 pm

VL, you have me hooting with laughter over here! But I could not agree more wholeheartedly! If VPB looked right in my eyes like that, I would have had my arms around his neck faster than the SS could say ‘wait a minute, lady!’. :)

24. September 20, 2012 at 9:03 pm

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee outraised the National Republican Congressional Committee in August fundraising. The NRCC pulled in $3 million while the DCCC raised $3.6 million, according to numbers obtained by Roll Call from the committees.
    The NRCC ended the month with $11.7 million in cash on hand, while the DCCC had $7.8 million in the bank.
    The NRCC paid down $250,000 worth of debt, leaving the committee saddled with $2.5 million. The DCCC paid down $700,000 and had $3.3 million in debt.
    Democrats trumpeted their fundraising win, noting that the GOP holds the majority in the House.

And…

The DSCC had another strong month fundraising in August, outraising its GOP counterpart by more than $1M.
    The DSCC will reporting hauling in $7.42M for August, according to numbers provided to Hotline On Call. The NRSC is reporting $6.05M. Those numbers represent the sixth time in 7 months that the DSCC has outraised the NRSC.
    “Democratic activism continues to grow,” said Deirdre Murphy, the DSCC’s press secretary. “The committee and Democratic Senate candidates are in strong positions to wage competitive races in our targeted races.”
    The DSCC benefited from a $1M contribution from Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) in August. Schumer also gave the DSCC another $1M in September.
    The NRSC, however, came out of August with more money in the bank. The Republican committee will report $24.5M in its war chest, compared to $22.92M for the Democrats.
    That is in large part a result of Republicans not spending nearly as much as Democrats in August. The NRSC doled out $2.6M compared to the DSCC’s $6.97M.

• 105 theo67
      September 20, 2012 at 11:55 pm

I thought that the GOP spent the last four years telling us that the Democrats and President Obama were destroying the country, that the country was on the precipice of extinction, that they were ruining the US’ image abroad and in over their heads – taking the country to socialism, creating a dependent nation, violating the Constitution, corrupt, building re-education camps, burdening their kids with overwhelming debt, making the country less safe, trying to take away their guns and their freedoms, waging a class war and a war on religion, abandoning Israel, etc. Surely, they would put up more of an effort to save themselves and their guns? Doesn’t seem like they’re all that worried anymore…

September 20, 2012 at 9:06 pm

I don’t get Little’s Nate’s point either.

26. 110 auntsis522
    September 20, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Ok,if you blow up the 6th picture. I am next to the white guy with round glasses. There is a blond lady with long hair in front of him, next to her is a AA lady in blue dress, behind her is ME – Aunt sis with a white blouse and paisley top. The guy to my left would translate the questions in English for me. I think he was texting. He said the moderator, Ramos, is hard core leftist. Now that I think about it, his question had that tone and impossible expectation to it.

27. 116 Pamela
    September 20, 2012 at 9:13 pm

hey, tnmtngirl! TY for the feedback on the iPad and the unusual/occasional format… I did all the things you suggested, have only had this 1 x before today. Still no normal function, so, I’m just reading along while I eat dinner. Hope it corrects itself soon, so I won’t have to put my responses at the bottom of the thread! No big deal, I’m glad to be home a bit early today!

• 117 Pamela
      September 20, 2012 at 9:16 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: HaHa! It was in ‘mobile site’, and out of curiosity I clicked on ‘full site’, and whaddya know! I AM IN! WooHoot! :lol:
      Now I have many thank you notes to write, I should be first on the blog every morning! THANK YOU amazing TOD family! Hoping to set a new FR goal before much longer! :)

• September 20, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Well, guess what? I checked my iPad about an hour after you posted that ………AND……..mine is doing same thing!!!! Gees. Obviously something “unique” to the iPad TODAY. I have mine turned off right now. Am going to get on the treadmill; take it with me; turn it back on and see what happens.

• September 20, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Aaahhh..thanks for mentioning Full Site. That did the trick!

• 120 Pamela
          September 20, 2012 at 9:47 pm

So, now we know! iPad users solidarity ~ right here! Just ask us! :)

• 121 Betsy
            September 20, 2012 at 10:20 pm

It happened to me too on my IPAD. I also found the “full site”, but forgot the exact words.

• 122 Pamela
              September 20, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Isn’t that weird, we all had oddball glitches, which I am fairly certain I did not cause, but luckily I found out what it was and could correct it! Curiouser and curiouser…..

• 123 LDS
            September 20, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Thank you, Pamela. The same thing happened to me alll day. I waited patiently until my TOD family prevailed.
            Trying to stay calm, cool and patient throughout these 46 days……POB makes it look so easy. It is not!

I am so excited! I do yoga moves 3X’s a day to stay calm.

28. September 20, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Just an observation; has Rachel ever considered by reporting on what the Tea Party is doing to disenfranchise and suppress Votes, that She – herself, by reporting what the Tea Party is doing, maybe scaring Voters?

It’s possible, the Tea Party throws these dead People figures out there, knowing the Liberal media will cover it. Reverse Psychology.

• 125 prettyfoot58
      September 20, 2012 at 9:55 pm

If Voters become frightened…that is not a bad thing…because this voter suppression is serious…is dangerous …..Voter suppression is not just a random occurence….it is sytematic ..and we have to know how far they will go to steal our voice…our rights..We have to know about it in order to fight it….

29. 126 auntsis522
    September 20, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Ok,it’s the 7th picture. I can’t believe I am so excited.

30. September 20, 2012 at 9:14 pm

No times yet, but…..

Friday: The President will deliver remarks at a campaign event in Manassas, Virginia. He will return to the White House in the evening.

Update: “The president is scheduled to speak at 12:45 p.m.”

31. September 20, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I’m a Obama supporter, but damn I get tired of that man making it so hard to have pure thoughts about him.

32. 136 PoliticalJunkessa
    September 20, 2012 at 9:18 pm

VP Joe is also in great shape. PBO, VPJB, FLMO, SLJB — they’re all so fit. What a great team.

33. 137 FiredUpInCA
    September 20, 2012 at 9:19 pm

The Omentum is on our side:

Priorities USA Action, the super PAC devoted to President Barack Obama, had its best month to date in August, thanks to some big donations from Democratic mega-donors writing their first checks to the group.

The super PAC raised $10.1 million and spent $9.5 million, almost entirely on hard-hitting ads attacking Mitt Romney, according to a report filed Thursday with the Federal Election Commission.

Particularly encouraging to Obama’s allies are that some Democratic big donors wrote their first checks to Priorities in August, ahead of a fundraising push on the sidelines of the Democratic National Convention this month in Charlotte.[...]

Meanwhile, the pro-Romney Restore Our Future super PAC revealed a disappointing $7-million haul in August — the second straight month the group has seen its fundraising dip.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81482.html#ixzz273xMg5DQ

• September 20, 2012 at 10:08 pm

The writer might want to rethink the headline:

“Omentum: A sheet of fat that is covered by peritoneum. The greater omentum is attached to the bottom edge of the stomach and hangs down in front of the intestines. Its other edge is attached to the transverse colon. The lesser omentum is attached to the top edge of the stomach and extends to the undersurface of the liver.”

34. 142 purpleshoesla
    September 20, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Great pix today as always Miz Chips! You are legendary! Think I might break my ban on fried food and indulge in some french fries! Dayum! :smile:

35. September 20, 2012 at 9:33 pm

If you don’t like, um, rude language, DON’T click!!

• 149 sherijr
      September 20, 2012 at 9:48 pm

oh I love her.. she’s funny, smart & blunt :)

• September 20, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Tears streaming here Sherijr, that video was magnificent!!!!

• 151 sherijr
          September 20, 2012 at 9:56 pm

yep shes hilarious.. but I really love her quickness.. young and smart w/ a foul mouth- my favorite kinda people ;)

• 152 0388jojothecat
            September 21, 2012 at 12:06 am

” I have a yellow…..” O M G……I can’t breathe…..hahahahahhahahahhahaha

• 153 sherijr
              September 21, 2012 at 12:09 am

yep that was pretty wild!

• 154 HZ
                September 21, 2012 at 1:14 am

Hold on 0388jpjpthecat, here is a glass of water. Okay? Good. Now lets all take another look and ship this over to Ms. Ann and Mitten. Putting us through all this crap because Ms. Ann thinks “It our time.”
                What the hell does she think?

Oh, and do not forget that crap she just came up with about telling her own party what to do. Remember this: “Stop it!” Who does this lady think she is? Oh, I forgot. ” The head of . You People.”

She and Mitt have all of these freaking%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% for us, and the “you people”, are we working for her? Hell, I am retired, Ms. Ann. Now, I am done talking, Ms. Ann. So go iron your own blouse. You just pissed me off today.

I will be so elated when POB and VPBiden win this thing so we can send Mitt and Ms. Ann back to Cali., to that beachfront house in La Jolla.HZ

• 155 nathkatun7
      September 21, 2012 at 1:36 am

I love Sarah Silverman! Sometimes it takes colorful language to effectively tell the TRUTH. I don’t think her language is rude. It’s no doubt very graphic, but the graphicness , coming from a very sweet girl who loves family, entices you to watch and seriously listen to what she is trying to communicate.

36. September 20, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Great picture!

37. September 20, 2012 at 9:49 pm

38. September 20, 2012 at 9:52 pm

• 160 Pamela
      September 20, 2012 at 10:38 pm

I love Axe.

• 161 HZ
      September 20, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Thanks for posting this, Chips. You are the best. This afternoon, I along with many ,even some of our TODers here, I am sure, where we were on a conference call with the wonderful Jim M., from headquarter generated by him last evening of this notice for this call tonight.

The call was addressing those who are actively doing a Grassroots FRer. He was great along. He thanked us, told us how important the GR FRers are in this campaign. He also explained what amts. of a donation as small as $10.00 ,$20.00 will help them to secure to help with supplies etc, and even those who are in the higher amts., also helps them to hire a field organizator. All of the information was just great!

Then he reminded us to be creative with all of the connections that we have with online friends etc., such as write the things on your hand that are very meaningful to you that POB has done or will do and place your hands over your heart and post it on your facebook pg., twitter, Tell your story using this method.

So you can see that our campaign practice what they ask us to do. Jim was just so appreciative to all of us. He thanked us with such a humble spirit. There were time for qestions, but Jim did a beautiful presentaiton.

So, I am having a FR page party beginning tonight. Will you all drop by and enjoy a few moments with me at my first party beginning tonight. I promise you we not regret the invite. See you at the party at:

Thanks for presence. Hope to see you there. Thanks so much for your care and love for making this a great victory for all of us.

• 162 HZ
        September 20, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Please for all of my mistakes. I am so tired because I was at a community phone banking ,plus was tired going in medically.,but it was All worth it. Going to bed early and try to get some rest because I have another one on Sat. Please keep me in your thoughts and “goodness space” with prayers. Thanks so much.HZ

• 163 0388jojothecat
          September 21, 2012 at 12:02 am

Love love love you HZ…..thank you for all that you do working to get PBO re-elected but please please please you health is very important and take very good care of yourself.

39. September 20, 2012 at 9:53 pm

:D :D :D :D Way to go Rep Barney Frank (whom I secretly, until now :) , hope #PBO appoints as Sec of Treasury) ….

• 169 prettyfoot58
      September 20, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Rightttttt ON…Right ONnnnnn….Harry Reid!!!!!!…

telllllllllling like it is……

September 20, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Give ‘em hell Harry!

• 171 nathkatun7
      September 21, 2012 at 2:08 am

WOW! Harry Reid completely exposed Mitt Romney! I am proud that many of us pragmatic Democrats stayed with Harry Reid when he was being attacked and denigrated from both the right and the left. I am also glad that President Obama stuck by him. Harry Reid is as fearless as they come. He speaks softly but he carries a big stick! We need more safe Democrats to join Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Pat Murray, Barbara Boxer in speaking out and taking the fight to Mitt and his enablers. I am glad the Sen. Majority Leader continues to insist that Mitt Romney must release his tax returns, for the years prior to 2010, to show that he has been paying his taxes.

September 20, 2012 at 9:55 pm

If you haven’t seen this LOD piece on Eric Holder…you really should:)

• September 20, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Hiya DF, thanks a million for the link, it seems like a week ago (!) but I had it in Rise and Shine – if anyone wants to tweet it, here’s the YouTube version:

September 20, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Thanks, Chips:) I’ve been so busy lately that I can’t keep up! It really was excellent though…

• 175 nathkatun7
          September 21, 2012 at 2:24 am

It was really excellent and passionate! May be I will go back to watching some of these cable shows. Clearly, LO was offended. And, having listened to the imbecile who made that stupid remark, I don’t blame him. Thanks df and Chipsticks for sharing.

41. September 20, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Ann Romney says fellow Republicans who’ve criticized her husband need to “stop it” and realize “how lucky” the party is to have Mitt Romney as its nominee.

• September 20, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Remember when Romney said they don’t use Ann too much because people might get tired of her? Yeah, I’m thinking he was right. For once.

• 179 sherijr
      September 20, 2012 at 10:06 pm

ya know she’s quite the trippy chick… funny how criticizing mitty is just awful.. but all mitt does is criticize President Obama~ and hey Annie HE has a wife & kids too. I don’t like this woman at.all.

• September 20, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Sherijr, methinks Annie simply cannot comprehend why Mitty isn’t 30 points ahead…. after all, everything in life came so easy for them until now.

• 181 sherijr
          September 20, 2012 at 10:10 pm

yes indeed… Anne & Mitt EXPECT to be given stuff, just looking for another handout ;)

• 182 theo67
          September 21, 2012 at 12:23 am

I think Ann spends her time watching Fox News, and she thinks her husband is running against THAT version of President Obama. Doesn’t realize the real one is pretty formidable, and maybe they never should have wondered why a bunch of the “GOP stars” were staying out of the race. Maybe she should have watched the Baltimore Massacre for a clue?

• 183 nathkatun7
          September 21, 2012 at 2:37 am

I actually read another article (I can’r remember where exactly) in which Ann Romney says that Americans should be grateful that her husband is running for president, because he (Romney) certainly didn’t have to run as he has nothing to gain personally.

• 184 Pamela
      September 20, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Boo. Hoo. Hoo.

• 185 ChristiMTL
      September 20, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Yickes…..milady is delusional. She’s not helping him

42. September 20, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Chips, everyone … another great graphic!!!

43. September 20, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Hi Hot Todders!

Got this poster last night from the barackobama.com store! Loved it at first sight and had a coupon code. I’ve missed out on a lot of cool posters and I wasn’t going to let this slip. Going to get a frame for it. Maybe fancy it up a bit.

September 20, 2012 at 10:08 pm

This may have been posted earlier, so forgive me because I just spotted it … realize some here (Chips, included) gave ol’ Chris some great replies already, but this is the best retort EHVAH from ABL:

September 20, 2012 at 10:12 pm

GREAT response from ABL!!

• 195 ChristiMTL
        September 20, 2012 at 10:15 pm

I say!..perfect reply…..what the heck does he want….he doesn’t see a difference between both parties?….he’s crazy…..

September 20, 2012 at 11:16 pm

I think we might use this response when other stupid pundits tweet similar goofball things: “In the immortal words of @AngryBlack Lady, ‘Every time you feel like saying something like that, pretend you have a uterus!'”

45. 197 Cman
    September 20, 2012 at 10:09 pm

For all you West Wing junkies

46. September 20, 2012 at 10:12 pm

September 20, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Skimming down the thread I spotted all kinds of goodies, which means I won’t be getting to bed for a looooong time! Oh boy.

Have you ALL seen this? Saw it in one of Dudette’s tweets. Seems like an important point when we are encouraging people to vote a full Dems ticket .

48. 204 Michele
    September 20, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Scott Brown is a racist to tell Elizabeth Warren she is not American Indian because she looks white on the outside.. I remember Bob Barker saying he was part Indian..

Rachel did a huge expose on this topic when Scott Brown went there a couple of months ago… There are many Americans who are Indian and don’t

September 20, 2012 at 10:15 pm

OMG. Something I DIDN’T realize!!

Warren scored big by pointing out that if Brown wins, and the Republicans take control of the Senate, global warming denier Jim Inhofe will be in charge of oversight of the EPA.

Dear God.

50. September 20, 2012 at 10:24 pm

#LeonaAntoinette did it again …. and a new hashtag is birthed …. #StopIt ….

51. 207 Jeff
    September 20, 2012 at 10:24 pm

I’ve been looking through the fact checkers and so far I’ve found that most of these, particularly factcheck.org and Washington Post and of course politifact fail on so many different levels when it comes to researching facts when it comes to PBOs statements and his record but they also fail big time when it comes to democratic statements.

First off recently factcheck failed when they stated that Warren was wrong in stating that Brown is a supporter of abortion rights simply because he stated it and made some pro-choice votes. The problem is that it fails miserbly to mention his support of the blunt amendment and other votes that were decidingly against abortion rights. Now the issue here is that us liberals tend to pride ourselves to being held accountable but what some liberals fail to do is to do further research to make sure the claim is correct. We need to be observant on this issue and keep it in mind.

52. 210 ChristiMTL
    September 20, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Ann Romney in Iowa,…..

“In all the past debates, he would find me in the audience and after each question, he’d look at me ’cause it was like, ‘Did I do O.K. Ann? Was that O.K.?’” she said. “And I love that because he cares so much. I mean, we have such a good relationship and we have such a strong marriage and I know that he measures himself and how he’s doing by my face and how I think he’s doing, so I know in these next debates it’s going to be very important for me to be sitting in that audience.”

September 20, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Barf. Barack and Michelle you are NOT.

• 212 PoliticalJunkessa
        September 20, 2012 at 10:46 pm

That’s the FIRST thing I thought. This is really creepy — I think Willard and Ann might be PBO’s and Michelle’s biggest undercover fans/stalkers/mimickers. Good grief! :shock:

• 213 0388jojothecat
        September 20, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Mrs. Michelle Obama will be at home AT THE WH letting her husband be the adult and President of these United States for everyone. She knows her husband is a capable, mature, caring, intelligent, steady, man who has not changed his character like the wind changes direction. How sad to be married to Mitt Robme.

• 214 theo67
          September 21, 2012 at 12:53 am

I actually think Michelle will be at the debates, supporting her husband. But, he’s not going to be looking at her “after every question” to see if he answered ok, because he’s got truth on his side, and conviction & character in his person.

Ann makes Mitt seem very pathetic and weak and insecure. She’s not going to be with him when he’s making life and death decisions, or when he’s staring down a resistant world leader and trying to get them to go with the program. It’s one thing to support your husband – it’s quite another to say he needs reassurance that every word uttered out of his mouth was acceptable. (Especially when every word is a lie).

September 21, 2012 at 4:22 am

I think FLOTUS will be at the debates. If you remember both she and Cindy McCain were at the debates in 2008. And in the Access Hollywood interview FLOTUS talks about when she learn the first debate would be on POTUS and FLOTUS 20th wedding anniversary October 3rd. FLOTUS said she told POTUS that at least they will be together, so FLOTUS will be with her husband, right by his side where a wife should be.

September 21, 2012 at 8:01 am

FLOTUS is usually present at the debates (the spouses usually are), but she only has contact with PBO AFTER the debate is finished.

• 217 cindysweatt
      September 20, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Its like she is saying “No matter what it looks like, we really have a “good marriage.” When he tells people that he doesn’t want people to “get tired of me.” he is just showing me how much he cares. What a fake couple. I don’t think women have much say so in their families.

• 218 theo67
        September 21, 2012 at 12:54 am

Well, Mitt did say he was scared to go on the View because there were “sharp-tongued women” there. What a strange thing to say.

• 219 dotster3
      September 20, 2012 at 10:53 pm

She makes them both sound really insecure. She, for some desperate reason, continues to make the case that he can’t do a thing without her (ugh) and she seems to be so in need of boosting and bolstering her vitally important role. I suspect it’s because there is nothing much beneath the surface of either of them.

• September 20, 2012 at 10:54 pm

He has to look at her after every question and get her approval? GAH. She obviously wears the pants. They are ridiculously sad.

• 221 Pamela
      September 20, 2012 at 11:07 pm

I shudder to think what it would be like, no nevermond, I won’t say it…. But I will say that she should just go on talking and yapping, the more she spouts off, the more people will see how incapable of ANYTHING, Myth truly is. Remember when one of his (precious) sons said “Dad doesn’t like to be challenged”, and they always ‘let’ him win…The entire lot of them are psychos…

• 222 Vicky
      September 20, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Sounds like Romney has transferred his Daddy issues onto his wife……

• September 20, 2012 at 11:43 pm

I think she’s trying to ‘humanize’ him, but she only makes him sound week.

53. September 20, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Liz Warren debate is in Cspan 2 in 15 minutes.

54. September 20, 2012 at 10:34 pm

55. September 20, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Did you see Tweety’s last comment about that GOP thug from PA who said that anyone Black who didn’t get their Voter ID was just ‘lazy’ like Willard said.

to quote Tweety:

there’s been too much silence from White people on this issue. Black people saw it from the start

56. 232 Diamond21
    September 20, 2012 at 10:40 pm

“Mitt the Twi strikes again!

57. September 20, 2012 at 10:46 pm

58. September 20, 2012 at 10:52 pm

The West Wing Ad is cool. Where was Josh?
    On that Show Californication?

59. September 20, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Good morning Joe …. :)

September 20, 2012 at 11:01 pm

If Willard was winning NC that would not be an issue. This is an act of desperation and is bad news for Romney in a state he MUST win.

61. 244 elo4obama/biden
    September 20, 2012 at 11:08 pm

I’m watching LOD, and they’re talking about the importance of the non-partisan elections on the ballot for state judges. I know someone asked this yesterday or the day before, but anyone know good websites to go on for looking at the records and affilliations for judges. My sister and I were just commenting not to long ago about how hard it is to find anything out about these folks. I look for a website, look through any mailings and even try to google. Last election I also tried some local radio stations.

Any suggestions TOD folks? Good evening everyone! Wow Chips, I’m loving the offerings; stellar as usual. I forgot about the Warren, Brown debate. I’ll have to catch up, cause the little clip I saw tonight he looked desparate. Go dems! Go ObamaBiden 2012. I’m fired up and ready to VOTE, starting October 15th!!!!

• 245 0388jojothecat
      September 20, 2012 at 11:35 pm

I would contact the Democratic party. Although they are non-partisan, sometimes the Democratic party will have some information. I would also contact the League of Women voters or google these judges to see what you find on them. I did that on some of our non-partisan judges in my area and found information on them.

• 246 elo4obama/biden
        September 20, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Thank you. I’ll try calling the democratic office this time. I did look at the website, and also the website for Emily’s list, but nada online. I ‘ve got to do better this time, and will start early!

September 20, 2012 at 11:24 pm